Quotes of the day

posted at 8:31 pm on March 15, 2013 by Allahpundit

Should the Republican party abandon social conservatism? Take a turn toward non-interventionism? Moderate on taxes and spending? While a number of pundits and politicians have said ‘yes’ to one or more of these questions, especially since Mitt Romney’s loss in November, Marco Rubio answered with a resounding ‘no’ during his speech to the Conservative Political Action Conference on Thursday…

“There’s this fear that America has changed, that our people have changed, that we’ve reached this point in time where we have too many people who want too much from government and maybe the changes that happened are irreversible and we’ll never be the same again,” Rubio said. “I want you to understand that’s not true.” Speaking of one economically struggling family he knows, Rubio said, “They’re not freeloaders. They’re not liberals.” But if they don’t see Republicans offering solutions, they might conclude government is the only answer.

Rubio has been in the news for the past couple of months making a push for immigration reform–a stance that, although squarely in line with the only Republicans to win the presidency in the past 40 years, puts him at odds with many conservatives. But during his CPAC speech, Rubio didn’t mention immigration. Rather Rubio argued that the three-legged stool of the conservative movement is as sturdy as ever.

***

Paul’s positions may sound refreshing today, but they would have been much more in keeping in a bygone era. It wasn’t until Republicans embraced the more Rubio-esque ideas that they began winning elections. That’s why his ideas are now considered “old.”

That’s not to say past is prologue. Maybe the world has changed? But it is to say that the old versus new paradigm is more complicated.

The reason the Rubio vs. Paul contrast is so exciting is that on one hand, both are young senators elected in 2010 during the tea party zeitgeist. But on the other hand, they really do represent an ideological clash over the heart and soul of the GOP.

***

Before Paul spoke, his supporters had distributed STAND WITH RAND posters that featured a cool, “Mad Men”-style rendering of the senator. (Indeed, a large number of people stood the entire time Paul spoke.) But there’s no doubt that many of those cheering Paul were doing so mostly because he had the courage and the smarts not just to stand up to the White House but to back the Obama administration into a corner over presidential power. To them, the specific issue involved in the filibuster — drone warfare — was less important than the fact that Paul took a stand…

Rubio, nearly a decade younger than Paul, delivered a smoother and easier message. “What I sense from a lot of people that I’ve been talking to is this fear that somehow America has changed, that our people have changed,” he said. “I want you to understand that’s not true. Our people have not changed.” Americans still work hard, still pay their taxes, still volunteer in their hometowns, Rubio said. Yes, the world has changed, particularly the world of technology. But traditions — traditional marriage, traditional values — are still good…

One serious problem for the party is that there is no living embodiment of the our-values-live-on message. There’s no beloved former president who can stand before the crowd and remind them of the greatness of their cause. Reagan is gone, and George H.W. Bush, respected but not loved like his predecessor, is fading from the scene. The natural candidate for the job, of course, would be George W. Bush, but that’s just not possible. While conservatives respect Bush for the job he did protecting the country from terrorist attack after Sept. 11, in many ways they are still struggling to climb out of the hole he dug for them.

Those Democratic events where a beloved Bill Clinton wows the crowd? That can’t happen for Republicans. Not until the new leader steps out of the pack.

***

How long can the lovefest last? Once the mass Republican audience—especially Mitt Romney voters—really thinks about the implications of Rand Paul and his ideas, the post-filibuster love may sour. Paul’s chief of staff Doug Stafford told Business Insider, “Rand is one of the only people who can speak to libertarians, social conservatives, as well as your average mainstream Republican voter.” In theory, yes.

But even in areas where Paul’s libertarianism shouldn’t be too controversial—like his five-year path to a balanced budget—hardly any of his political colleagues are willing to play along, and there’s no mass constituency forcing them to. It’s not likely the rest of his party – whether rank-and-file voter or office-seeking politician – will get enthusiastic about his attempts to curb the federal drug war either.

Paul’s problems with Republican orthodoxy run deeper still. In order to keep her head from exploding from cognitive dissonance while remaining on the new right side of Republican history, the Washington Post’s right-wing columnist Jennifer Rubin praised Paul’s filibuster by claiming that he “wasn’t attacking the war on terror.”

But Paul absolutely was attacking the war on terror…

***

No issue better illustrates Rubio’s connection to the failed Republican Washington establishment than his embrace of President Bush’s last great policy failure: amnesty for the millions of illegal immigrants currently in the United States. He is currently working with McCain on another immigration bill right now.

In contrast to his free enterprise rhetoric, however, Rubio’s immigration plan is just a continuation of the crony capitalist policies that so compromised Bush’s big government compassionate conservatism. As The Washington Examiner‘s Tim Carney notes today, Rubio’s immigration plan includes a permanent guest worker program that allows farmers to inflate their workers wages by offering something no other employer can: a path to citizenship…

Do conservative activists want to go back to the big government compassionate conservatism policies of Bush and McCain? Or do they want to explore the libertarian path being paved by Paul?

***

I think Poulos is onto something regarding younger voters – charitably defined as anyone under 45 years old – regardless of political ideology. The expectations for government are changing in all sorts of unanticipated ways. A majority of Americans continues to say that government is doing too much but a majority also wants the government to provide basic safety net functions. Folks such as Ryan and Barack Obama seem to read that situation as one in which the state can and should continue to provide not simply for the poorest among us but for the vast “middle class” that usually includes about 90 percent of people. That was George W. Bush’s compassionate conservatism – and Ryan voted for No Child Left Behind, Medicare drugs, and TARP and auto bailouts – and it’s Obama’s expansive notions as well. I think it’s credible to see Ryan (and many conservative Republicans, Obama, and the Senate Democrats (who have zero pulse among them) as in the same basic camp of still expecting the government to be a warm blanket that pretty much covers everything you do in your regular day.

What’s different now is that there is an alternative out there – in the form of characters such as Rand Paul, Justin Amash, and other “wacko birds” – that is looking increasingly viable. When you’ve got conservative and libertarian Republicans attacking the garrison state for 13 hours straight and also championing copyright and IP reform, gay marriage, pot and hemp legalization, even self-styled “Young Guns” such as Paul Ryan and historically youthful presidents such as Barack Obama start looking pretty old pretty quickly.

***

***

As for predictions on who will win the CPAC straw poll on Saturday, Bob Beckel said he is “willing to wager any amount of money” that it will be Rand Paul. And after the enthusiasm that greeted his speech earlier today, that seems like a fair assumption. Dana Perino argued that the winner of CPAC straw poll almost never goes on to win the Republican presidential nomination, so the importance of that honor, especially this far from 2016, may be insignificant…

“Rand Paul is the one guy that worries me very much and most Democrats,” Beckel answered. “In fact, there is some real fear the guy could actually take off.” His colleagues weren’t buying that he was being sincere, but there is some truth to what Beckel was saying. If there’s one Republican who’s riding high from his filibuster and now CPAC, it has to be Rand Paul.

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

jackie,

Another blues master, imo.

predator on March 16, 2013 at 12:28 AM

predator on March 16, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Yes! And one of the premier guitarists, too. A longtime favorite. :)

thatsafactjack on March 16, 2013 at 12:29 AM

The control of the education system should not rest with the federal government. It should be returned to the individual states who are answerable to the local taxpayers.

thatsafactjack on March 16, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Indeed, the first step to wrestling control of the educational system back away from the Marxists is to crush the pubic education unions, without crushing them, we will never accomplish step number two, returning the control of the educational system to the individuals states. Only when the educational system is again under the control of the individual states can the Tax payers force the schools to teach the values that the tax payers hold.

SWalker on March 16, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Yes! And one of the premier guitarists, too. A longtime favorite. :)

thatsafactjack on March 16, 2013 at 12:29 AM

And we owe a lot of this music to these boys.

predator on March 16, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Nobody Knows…

Schadenfreude on March 16, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Everybody Knows

tom daschle concerned on March 16, 2013 at 12:35 AM

One of These Days – Alvin Lee

thatsafactjack on March 16, 2013 at 12:35 AM

Today are the Idus Martii or Idus Martiae.

Bmore, see the painting.

Schadenfreude on March 15, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Best I can do on short notice. Been on the phone for a few with the better half. ; )

Bmore on March 16, 2013 at 12:39 AM

I’ve become increasingly concerned that Kate Upton’s bikini will fall off while I’m preoccupied scoping out some other hottie and I will miss it.

Is it normal to be this concerned?

SparkPlug on March 16, 2013 at 12:39 AM

predator on March 16, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Certainly. A blend of country/western and transition of western swing have influenced rock , blues and rhythm and blues, just as they’ve been influenced by these same genres.

Patsy Cline comes to mind as she was one of the first great ‘crossover’ country western stars.

thatsafactjack on March 16, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Bmore on March 16, 2013 at 12:39 AM

That is sooo creepy.

tom daschle concerned on March 16, 2013 at 12:39 AM

SWalker will give me some advice. MG also. Maybe Schad.

SparkPlug on March 16, 2013 at 12:40 AM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on March 16, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Hola Dire, que pasa?

tom daschle concerned on March 16, 2013 at 12:42 AM

SparkPlug on March 16, 2013 at 12:39 AM

For you? Yes. You would ordinarily easily keep tabs on all the ‘hotties’ within your purview.

Hmm…have you been distracted by something these days? That might account for this sudden concern.

thatsafactjack on March 16, 2013 at 12:42 AM

thatsafactjack on March 16, 2013 at 12:39 AM

I absolutely love Patsy Cline’s music. What a voice.

predator on March 16, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Bmore on March 16, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Didn’t have any wishes, none whatever, just that you save that picture from the link, for the future.

Rest easy and enjoy the quiet.

Schadenfreude on March 16, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Is it normal to be this concerned?

SparkPlug on March 16, 2013 at 12:39 AM

You’re suddenly concerned about being ‘normal’?

Hmmmm.

:-)

Solaratov on March 16, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Dire Straits on March 16, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Good evening, Dire. :)

thatsafactjack on March 16, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Dire Straits on March 16, 2013 at 12:41 AM

I hope she doesn’t catch a cold

SparkPlug on March 16, 2013 at 12:44 AM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on March 16, 2013 at 12:41 AM

…D i r e…!!!
*clink*

KOOLAID2 on March 16, 2013 at 12:44 AM

I think there are probably many steps between what you have as steps 1 & 2. But as far as step 1 goes, I think it’s doable. The recent teacher union battle in Chicago turned off almost everybody. Facts came out, like most teachers sent their kids to private schools, etc. I’ve heard from a friend who’s mother teacher for Chicago public schools that they are experimenting with changing SAT/testing standards based on race. This is the kind of stuff that can stir up an angry mob, and if properly organized, we can capitalize on that momentum; maybe make progress on your Step 1.

Trouble is going to be organizing this effort. Daunting. ugh.

Jackalope on March 16, 2013 at 12:44 AM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on March 16, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Evenin’, Podnah! How goes it?

predator on March 16, 2013 at 12:44 AM

You’re suddenly concerned about being ‘normal’?

Hmmmm.

:-)

Solaratov on March 16, 2013 at 12:43 AM

OMG. Now that’s funny. Too funny. (:

SparkPlug on March 16, 2013 at 12:45 AM

I’m Going Home – Alvin Lee

thatsafactjack on March 16, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Added a slit. Does that help at all?

Bmore on March 16, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Ooops forgot the linky.

Bmore on March 16, 2013 at 12:46 AM

thatsafactjack on March 16, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Sweet Dreams.

predator on March 16, 2013 at 12:46 AM

thatsafactjack on March 16, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Good point. I have to make sure my purview is 360 degrees with a superb vantage point. Maybe some spy glasses are in order. Is that in our Glade Budget somewhere? I need them to spot fires and what not.

SparkPlug on March 16, 2013 at 12:47 AM

*In my Sweet Dreams, I’m dancin’ with jackie to this. And just for safety, I’m in my socks and she’s wearing combat boots :D*

predator on March 16, 2013 at 12:48 AM

That is sooo creepy.

tom daschle concerned on March 16, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Nah, I was glad to talk to her on the phone. I miss her. ; )

Bmore on March 16, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Added a slit. Does that help at all?

Bmore on March 16, 2013 at 12:45 AM

Cough. um sure Kate will appreciate that. Cough.

SparkPlug on March 16, 2013 at 12:48 AM

“I……faaall….to PIECES!”

williamg on March 16, 2013 at 12:49 AM

predator on March 16, 2013 at 12:46 AM

That is an absolutely great tune. A real favorite of mine, too.:)

Patsy Cline not only had a remarkable voice, her vocal style was incredible. A truly powerful, yet feminine voice.

thatsafactjack on March 16, 2013 at 12:49 AM

SparkPlug on March 16, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Lol! Say SparkPlug, question for ya. Is this stuff getting to creepy? Or is it funny?

Bmore on March 16, 2013 at 12:50 AM

You have to click the top two to make them big. ; )

Bmore on March 16, 2013 at 12:51 AM

predator on March 16, 2013 at 12:48 AM

I’m delighted to be your dance partner, Predator. If it helps, we can both go barefoot. :)

thatsafactjack on March 16, 2013 at 12:52 AM

SparkPlug on March 16, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Certainly, Spark. Anything to advance the safety of the Glade. You’ll find them on the seat in your new Glade Cruiser. Remember I mentioned that you’d be getting a new ground vehicle as part of our deal. I didn’t forget. :)

thatsafactjack on March 16, 2013 at 12:54 AM

thatsafactjack on March 16, 2013 at 12:52 AM

Sounds good to me. Besides, if you wore combat boots and I was in my sock feet, you’d probably have to look down at me. I’m only 4′ 11″.

predator on March 16, 2013 at 12:56 AM

Riviera Paradise – SRV

thatsafactjack on March 16, 2013 at 12:56 AM

predator on March 16, 2013 at 12:56 AM

I don’t think I could dance very well in combat boots anyway. :)

So… just let me slip these pumps off… :)

thatsafactjack on March 16, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Rest easy and enjoy the quiet.

Schadenfreude on March 16, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Tomorrow maybe. You reminded me, I forgot to eat today.

Bmore on March 16, 2013 at 1:00 AM

Jackie,

I’m practicing to this.

predator on March 16, 2013 at 1:00 AM

Make is a good weekend, all. Goodnight.

Jackalope on March 16, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Bmore on March 16, 2013 at 1:00 AM

Bmore… I can’t believe you forgot to eat something today! You rustle up something right away. What would become of you if Mrs. Bmore had to be away for a couple of week?

thatsafactjack on March 16, 2013 at 1:03 AM

weeks

thatsafactjack on March 16, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Jackalope on March 16, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Later, ‘lope. Enjoyed it.

predator on March 16, 2013 at 1:03 AM

A ground cruiser? Omg. Wait till Scrumpy finds out we can tool around the glade in style now.

I have the world’s most beautiful boss. Well she is a goddess after all. But her legs are in mighty fine shape cause she does the tango all the time, much to my delight.

Hey that BMore guy is an amazing graphitician. How does he do it. ?

Didn’t get to see his latest.

SparkPlug on March 16, 2013 at 1:04 AM

listens2glenn on March 15, 2013 at 11:45 PM

OK, poor semantics maybe, but you get my drift, right? If we want to implement (not drive) the GOP agenda, we should do it fiscally from DC and socially from the states. Just a theory, though I’m nobody and don’t know if it would work. I do know something so sweeping and coordinated will never be tried in my lifetime by our splintered party.

Jackalope on March 15, 2013 at 11:53 PM

I’m sure I “got your drift”, but for clarification, what kind of ‘mental picture’ do you have for implementing fiscal conservatism from DC ?

listens2glenn on March 16, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Catching up on the headlines at Drudge. Those Chinese might want to get that Il boy put on a short leash.

Bmore on March 16, 2013 at 1:04 AM

predator on March 16, 2013 at 1:00 AM

I don’t think you need any practice, my friend. You’re pretty smooth already. :)

thatsafactjack on March 16, 2013 at 1:05 AM

I’m on a Vince Gill roll here.

Little Liza Jane.

predator on March 16, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Red rover red rover
Send 4 grace on over.

SparkPlug on March 16, 2013 at 1:06 AM

weeks

thatsafactjack on March 16, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Yep, maybe a month. I usual don’t forget. I was a wee bit busy the last two or so. ; )

Bmore on March 16, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Jackalope on March 15, 2013 at 11:53 PM

listens2glenn
on March 16, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Shazbaat, I guess it waits till tomorrow.

listens2glenn on March 16, 2013 at 1:07 AM

listens2glenn on March 16, 2013 at 1:04 AM

I’m going to bed so won’t elaborate, but think Calvin Coolidge.

Jackalope on March 16, 2013 at 1:07 AM

usual=usally, that’s what happens when I type and eat at the same time. Lol!

Bmore on March 16, 2013 at 1:07 AM

Tango Flamenco – Armik

It’s Friday night… and there’s a tango playing somewhere… :)

thatsafactjack on March 16, 2013 at 1:08 AM

thatsafactjack on March 16, 2013 at 1:05 AM

*employs his very best Doc Holliday Georgia accent*

Why thank ya, ma’am. Ah do pride mahself in my way with the fairah gendah.

predator on March 16, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Bmore, get rid of it, right away, that red one.

Schadenfreude on March 16, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Bmore, get rid of it, right away, that red one.

Schadenfreude on March 16, 2013 at 1:09 AM

The slit?

Bmore on March 16, 2013 at 1:10 AM

You too Jackalope, and the little ones too.

Schadenfreude on March 16, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Bmore on March 16, 2013 at 1:06 AM

You’ve got to do better by way of fueling the body, Bmore. Now I’m going to worry about you forgetting to eat.

thatsafactjack on March 16, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Bmore you should prolly listen to Schads brain. It usually thinks the right thought.

SparkPlug on March 16, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Bmore on March 16, 2013 at 1:10 AM

Sound advice. There are limits. Get rid for your own good.

Schadenfreude on March 16, 2013 at 1:12 AM

It’s Friday night… and there’s a tango playing somewhere… :)

thatsafactjack on March 16, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Just did a copy/paste over to my Youtube page I have open. Excellent. I salute thee, madame.

predator on March 16, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Looked like a Nike swoosh to me. What do I know. Its art, right?

Bmore on March 16, 2013 at 1:13 AM

thatsafactjack on March 16, 2013 at 1:11 AM

No, no, not in general and not on HA.

Schadenfreude on March 16, 2013 at 1:13 AM

predator on March 16, 2013 at 1:08 AM

And me without my fan, sir! :)

thatsafactjack on March 16, 2013 at 1:13 AM

predator on March 16, 2013 at 12:56 AM

…so!…you were a jockey!

KOOLAID2 on March 16, 2013 at 1:15 AM

thatsafactjack on March 16, 2013 at 1:11 AM

No, don’t worry. It was just a coffee, coffee kinda day/night/day…………

Bmore on March 16, 2013 at 1:16 AM

predator on March 16, 2013 at 1:12 AM

I’m glad you approve. It’s part of my tango repertoire here at HA. :)

thatsafactjack on March 16, 2013 at 1:16 AM

thatsafactjack on March 16, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Food, Bmore. Find it. Eat it. Be an animal. You’ll love it. Trust me on this one.

predator on March 16, 2013 at 1:16 AM

Nah, I was glad to talk to her on the phone. I miss her. ; )

Bmore on March 16, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Huh?

tom daschle concerned on March 16, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Those Chinese might want to get that Il boy put on a short leash.

Bmore on March 16, 2013 at 1:04 AM

They said a day ago that they’d still side with him, in spite of their vote for sanctions in the UN sec. council.

Schadenfreude on March 16, 2013 at 1:17 AM

No, no, not in general and not on HA.

Schadenfreude on March 16, 2013 at 1:13 AM

Sorry, I think I lost the thread of the conversation somewhere?

thatsafactjack on March 16, 2013 at 1:18 AM

…so!…you were a jockey!

KOOLAID2 on March 16, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Dammit, KOOL, you busted me. ;) I couldn’t get a jockey’s pants past my calves!

predator on March 16, 2013 at 1:18 AM

predator on March 16, 2013 at 1:16 AM

LOL! Excellent advice. :)

thatsafactjack on March 16, 2013 at 1:19 AM

And me without my fan, sir! :)

thatsafactjack on March 16, 2013 at 1:13 AM

Ah, deah lady, but there is a breeze out on the veranda.

predator on March 16, 2013 at 1:20 AM

LOL! Excellent advice. :)

thatsafactjack on March 16, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Predators just know these sorts of things. It’s what we do.

predator on March 16, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Bmore on March 16, 2013 at 12:50 AM

I just hold the pebble for Sparky, but that’s not too creepy. It’s also not bannable stuff.

Schadenfreude on March 16, 2013 at 1:22 AM

predator on March 16, 2013 at 1:16 AM

predator!!! I did, it was okay. The strawberry cake was the best part. ; )

Bmore on March 16, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Sorry, I think I lost the thread of the conversation somewhere?

thatsafactjack on March 16, 2013 at 1:18 AM

It was about Bmore’s Caesar. Gone, out, forgotten. No worries for anyone.

Schadenfreude on March 16, 2013 at 1:23 AM

Bmore on March 16, 2013 at 1:16 AM

Well, as much as I understand working like that… do try to manage a sandwich in there between the coffees occasionally.

thatsafactjack on March 16, 2013 at 1:24 AM

Schadenfreude on March 16, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Yeah I’ve admittedly become much less concerned about being banned from here after Ed’s reprimand last week. I happens, it happens. No worries life was full before I came here, it will be equally so when I’m gone. Plenty else to do.

Bmore on March 16, 2013 at 1:25 AM

Schadenfreude on March 16, 2013 at 1:23 AM

I think I must have missed it. Predator has been spoiling me. :)

thatsafactjack on March 16, 2013 at 1:25 AM

Wait!

tom daschle concerned on March 16, 2013 at 1:25 AM

Nah, I was glad to talk to her on the phone. I miss her. ; )

Bmore on March 16, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Hah, tonight people are ‘spaced’ out.

It was in reference to the link, the one without the red on it.

Schadenfreude on March 16, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Sorry, I think I lost the thread of the conversation somewhere?

thatsafactjack on March 16, 2013 at 1:18 AM

Schadenfreude was just worried about the slit/swoosh.

Bmore on March 16, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Predator has been spoiling me. :)

thatsafactjack on March 16, 2013 at 1:25 AM

Dance on and enjoy, both of you.

I was just looking out for Bmore, in a good way, not worried.

Schadenfreude on March 16, 2013 at 1:28 AM

predator on March 16, 2013 at 1:20 AM

That sounds lovely, sir. You are a gentleman. We could sit on the veranda awhile, taking in the scent of gardenias wafting on the evening breeze, listening to the fountain play, and later perhaps take a stroll in the courtyard, under the stars.

thatsafactjack on March 16, 2013 at 1:28 AM

Huh?

tom daschle concerned on March 16, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Sorry tom, went back and reread the comment. Thought you were inferring talking to the better half on the phone was creepy. Lol! You were talking about the Caesar link. Remind me was it pre slit or slit. Looks like pre split by the time coding. ; ) No matter. Slit/swoosh gone. Still creepy?

Bmore on March 16, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Schadenfreude on March 16, 2013 at 1:28 AM

:) That’s why you’re the Magistrate.

thatsafactjack on March 16, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Bmore on March 16, 2013 at 1:25 AM

What for? Only if you care to share.

Schadenfreude on March 16, 2013 at 1:30 AM

It was in reference to the link, the one without the red on it.

Schadenfreude on March 16, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Yes, while distracted by eating I just caught my error in responding to tom. Lol!

Bmore on March 16, 2013 at 1:30 AM

predator!!! I did, it was okay. The strawberry cake was the best part. ; )

Bmore on March 16, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Good. Just checkin’. You can’t sustain the chase if you haven’t fed in the past. And the chase is everything.

predator on March 16, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Schadenfreude on March 16, 2013 at 1:28 AM

Sorry about that slash. I seem to have hit it accidentally a couple of time recently.

thatsafactjack on March 16, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Bmore on March 16, 2013 at 1:25 AM

? what reprimand. I’ve never been reprimanded. BTW I think Ed is a top gun blogger. Best in the biz.

SparkPlug on March 16, 2013 at 1:31 AM

thatsafactjack on March 16, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Was the magistrate just fired, er deleted? :)

Just kidding.

predator, you have the lady’s head turned.

Schadenfreude on March 16, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Schadenfreude on March 16, 2013 at 1:28 AM

Did you at least like the slit/swoosh version for a brief moment while it was up? ; )

Bmore on March 16, 2013 at 1:31 AM

SparkPlug on March 16, 2013 at 1:31 AM

No biggy, no real foul. I was acting foolish, Ed didn’t like it. Said Once more and he’d have no other recourse but to cancel me. His call. No harm. His blog. We are just guests. ; )

Bmore on March 16, 2013 at 1:33 AM