Tim Scott at CPAC: “Having a job is a good thing, but creating jobs is a far better thing”

posted at 8:08 pm on March 14, 2013 by Erika Johnsen

How’s the brand-new senator from South Carolina getting along? He made his first stand on the Senate floor in support of Rand Paul’s filibuster last week, and I challenge you to watch his CPAC speech from today and not A) laugh out loud, and B) feel at least a little surge of optimism about conservatism’s up-and-coming future. Paul and Rubio were great, but Scott’s speech specifically was a real breath of fresh air against the toxic cloud of redistribution and class-warmongering spewing from the White House on the regular. Not to mention, he was unscripted, personable, and didn’t include any undue or boring wonkiness — and none of that “tokenism” nonsense for this guy.

Comments

Does anybody know where I can watch Perry’s speech? I heard it was excellent.

Thanks

gophergirl on March 14, 2013 at 8:17 PM

I am watching C-SPAN 2 am watching Paul right now just watched Rubio, I don’t know who else they will replay…

Scrumpy on March 14, 2013 at 8:18 PM

Where is Bloomberg..

Super sized government must be outlawed.

Electrongod on March 14, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Jennifer Carroll now has a lot of time on her hands…wonder if she’ll speak on the evils of government racketeering and corruption?

Friggin’ crooks.

Dr. ZhivBlago on March 14, 2013 at 8:23 PM

…he’s a keeper!…the Rats and the Black bigots are going to demonize him!

KOOLAID2 on March 14, 2013 at 8:24 PM

How was Scott? I can’t watch here. I like that he has a very friendly demeanor, but haven’t
Heard him speak.

earlgrey133 on March 14, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Evening …. gg here it is http://www.therightscoop.com/full-speech-gov-rick-perry-speaks-at-cpac-2013/

CoffeeLover on March 14, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Does anybody know where I can watch Perry’s speech? I heard it was excellent.

Thanks

gophergirl on March 14, 2013 at 8:17 PM

I can’t see it as this ‘puter won’t show vids that aren’t embedded.

avagreen on March 14, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Self hating speech from an uncle tom, in other words he’s solidly conservative fishing out chunks of red meat with every other sentence. Liblostturd will be along shortly to tell us that he’s only pandering to his racist masters because that’s what house boys do or some nonsense.

AH_C on March 14, 2013 at 8:36 PM

CoffeeLover on March 14, 2013 at 8:30 PM

avagreen on March 14, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Thanks!

gophergirl on March 14, 2013 at 8:41 PM

I liked what Senator Scott had to say. I need to know more about him!

Othniel on March 14, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Prediction – In a few years, John McCain and Lindsay Graham will be Democrats.

fatlibertarianinokc on March 14, 2013 at 9:07 PM

“My mom and I shared a car, because we were po.’ Not poor, just P-O. Po.’”

That’s like being so poor one doesn’t have any dirt.

rukiddingme on March 14, 2013 at 9:18 PM

I’m watching Scrumpy’s speech.

Rusty Allen on March 14, 2013 at 9:19 PM

That was an excellent speech..I have been hearing good things about Tim Scott..I wish him well..:)

Dire Straits on March 14, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Heard him speak.

earlgrey133 on March 14, 2013 at 8:27 PM

C-SPAN is a bunch of sh*theads.

They were broadcasting live from CPAC right up to the time Scott was introduced. Then, they had to break away for some pressing snoozefest speeches in the House. As I said OT in another thread when it happened, I’m sure some C-SPAN producer was screaming in his headset, “The black guy’s coming on. Cut away to the nonsense. CUT AWAY, NOW!”

BuckeyeSam on March 14, 2013 at 11:12 PM

I loved his speech, and I’ve been a Tim Scott fan since I first heard of him in 2010. I’m glad to see diversity in the GOP, but beyond the race issue, Tim Scott just exemplifies the sort of candidate/office holder I’d like to see more of: proudly and reliably conservative, but not a fire-breather; successful but down-to-Earth; adept at talking policy, but able to do it in a way that is more relateable and not wonky. It’s great to have leaders that excite people who are already conservative, but I am most excited about leaders who can make conservativism more appealing to the unconverted.

MinnesotaSlinger on March 14, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Proud to have him as my Senator!!

GunnyRet03 on March 14, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Suppose Obama could speak like this, without notes and prompters?

Schadenfreude on March 15, 2013 at 12:08 AM

How awesome is Tim Scott? I wish he was my Senator. If South Carolina replaces Lindsay Graham with a decent human being, they will have quite a set of Senators.

alecj on March 15, 2013 at 7:16 AM

When are Republicans going to learn??? The country already knows you’re a bunch of old rich white racists, and yet you send a politician to do a major speech in black face???

Wait, what?

oconp88 on March 15, 2013 at 10:51 AM

I wasn’t able to watch this due to Al Cardenas (who is insufferable on a good day) conducting himself like a television gameshow host.

SWLiP on March 17, 2013 at 9:52 AM