Bloomberg on the soda ban: It’s our job in government to educate people on what they’re doing to themselves

posted at 8:01 pm on March 12, 2013 by Allahpundit

Worth posting for what Bloomy says at 1:03 about how this is all just a big information campaign and that, once people are armed with the facts, it’s up to them to make their own decisions. Really? Then how come New Yorkers can’t decide to consume food containing trans fats at city restaurants? And if it’s all about education, why try to limit soda portions rather than make nutritional information about sugar and calorie counts more prominent at eateries and convenience stories? We’ve already got photos of corpses coming to American cigarette packs in case you’re one of the three morons left who hasn’t heard yet that smokes can give you cancer. For soda, you could cancel the 16-ounce restriction and simply put the skull and crossbones on the side of Big Gulps, or maybe a photo of Mr. Creosote post-explosion. Don’t take food and drink out of my hands, damn it. Just terrify me until I’m queasy and don’t want to eat anymore.

I prefer the Jan Schakowskys of the world to this guy because at least they’re honest about their ambitions. I prefer Dave to Bloomy in this segment too, as here you get to see the doctrinaire liberal in contrast with the unorthodox No Labels version. Letterman’s all about going after corporations but Bloomberg, the man of Wall Street, hesitates. Why harass a profit-making enterprise when you could harass individual citizens instead? I’ll leave you with this, from his latest press conference: “It was not a setback for me – this is a setback for the people who are dying. In case you hadn’t noticed, I watch my diet. This is not for me.”

Comments

Educate is one thing..

Shackles is something else..

Electrongod on March 12, 2013 at 8:03 PM

He should stick to acting on “Game of Thrones’.

BHO Jonestown on March 12, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Does marijuana give you the munchies?

Electrongod on March 12, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Then educate, dip stick.
But, if you aren’t willing to ban a substance outright for everyone, don’t make stupid arbitrary rules to limit how much people consume.

Count to 10 on March 12, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Educate Is Not The Same As Indoctrinate.

F.O.A.D Nanny Bloomberg.

Gothguy on March 12, 2013 at 8:06 PM

So if a 20 oz drink is spilled..
Does Hazmat have to be called in?

Electrongod on March 12, 2013 at 8:07 PM

I’m a Lord, you’re a serf. Now do as I say, idjit. Afterall, its for your own good.

tommy71 on March 12, 2013 at 8:08 PM

It’s your job to run the city….Not push your bull$hit whackbag ideals on it’s citizenry

JackA$$….

When is this prick up for re-election??

Or is he termed out??

BigWyo on March 12, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Bloomie gives a whole new meaning to the term ‘soda jerk’.

Educating by taking things away is the purview of parents when a child is unruly. In other words: a punishment. Is Bloomie trying to play the role of parent to seven million people; should he be called Big Daddy now?

Liam on March 12, 2013 at 8:13 PM

I’m 42. Government needs to leave me the f*ck alone and let me live as I see fit!!

annoyinglittletwerp on March 12, 2013 at 8:13 PM

How `bout them cigars, Dave?

ThePrez on March 12, 2013 at 8:13 PM

People with loose change are the most dangerous.

Solution:

Remove money and then Government issue EBT cards..
Computers log what you purchased and determine your limits…
Also the while you are standing on a hidden scale at the self-checkout..

Utopia!!!!!

Electrongod on March 12, 2013 at 8:14 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 12, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Ditto

Electrongod on March 12, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Teaching them that voting for a midget Stalin – over and over and over – is a huge mistake would be a good start. New York deserves what it gets. Good and hard.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on March 12, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Bloomberg…: It’s our job in government to educate people on what they’re doing to themselves

…Bloomdress!…let me educate you…on what you should do to yourself!

KOOLAID2 on March 12, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Educate Is Not The Same As Indoctrinate.

F.O.A.D Nanny Bloomberg.

Gothguy on March 12, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Now don’t get me wrong here…Indoctrinate has nothing to do with passing the laws that this psychotic prick does..

Bloomberg either has some serious mental issues or he’s getting some payola…

BigWyo on March 12, 2013 at 8:17 PM

And it’s not the government’s responsibility to educate anyone about anything. The government is around to protect our rights and provide some minimal set of services – not to educate the public at large about “how to live” or “how to eat” or “how to do” anything. They have screwed up enough with the public schools and the simple task of elementary education. The idea that the most inept, power-hungry criminals (those who tend to go into government) are in any position to lecture anyone about anything would be hysterical if it weren’t so damned dangerous.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on March 12, 2013 at 8:19 PM

He’s so used to dealing with the bovine brains that vote for these leftists that it’s just an automatic reaction to then have to tell them what to do at every stage of their life. You can’t educate the 47%, you have to dictate what is best for them.

iamsaved on March 12, 2013 at 8:19 PM

…Bloomdress!…let me educate you…on what you should do to yourself!

KOOLAID2 on March 12, 2013 at 8:16 PM

You wouldn’t be telling him something that he doesn’t already know..

Electrongod on March 12, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Gd buffoons like Bloomberg, especially people who put them in power.

Schadenfreude on March 12, 2013 at 8:21 PM

Doomberg is what he’s called.

Schadenfreude on March 12, 2013 at 8:22 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 12, 2013 at 8:13 PM

I’m 55 and live alone. I prepare my own meals, clean my own apartment, and do my own laundry. I think I have that taking-care-of-myself thing down pat.

I agree. Government needs to kiss off.

Liam on March 12, 2013 at 8:22 PM

I’d say teach it to people in school but none of them can read.

Russ86 on March 12, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Hah

Schadenfreude on March 12, 2013 at 8:23 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 12, 2013 at 8:13 PM

AMEN

Just leave me the hell alone.

gophergirl on March 12, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Meanwhile……

Bloomberg looks like crap. Has anyone noticed?

Nah, it isn’t a personal attack. It isn’t because he a short shrimp with a complex.

The guy doesn’t look very well.

And, no. I don’t care about Bloomberg. I’m just sick of fat first ladies preaching, little turds preaching and members of the choom gang preaching.

Meh…. they’re all so tiresome and obsessed. Why preach to people for whom you don’t give a rat’s ass? Oh, right…. it’s the old control thing…

Cody1991 on March 12, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Piers Morgan proved, again, that he’s a ram.

Sheep deserve to be wolfed down.

Schadenfreude on March 12, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Tell all this to the companies making the stuff. They are the ones who make it what it is. SodaStream ™ makes a good alternative to soda as far as getting the aspertame out and the high fructose corn syrup out of it. McDonalds should be sued for killing people with thier products. Its not our fault becuase its there to be consumed.

johnnyU on March 12, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Or put another way public schools and their “health classes” don’t work. If public schools would educate people there would be no need for the ban. But Bloominidiot admits here that public schools are failures.

Flange on March 12, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Translation: “I don’t need it, you fatties do.”

thebrokenrattle on March 12, 2013 at 8:24 PM

It’s just another way of getting money out of people.

Blake on March 12, 2013 at 8:25 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 12, 2013 at 8:13 PM

+ many, many millions of free people, who are adults.

Schadenfreude on March 12, 2013 at 8:25 PM

How does one get to be the nanny..? And what vices of the nannies should we ban…Cheezits?

d1carter on March 12, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Liam on March 12, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Next..

You are taking care of yourself on a scale that the Government has labeled:
The Cadillac Plan..

You will be taxed accordingly unless you spread the responsibility to financially needy people..

Electrongod on March 12, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Ashley Judd should really move to NYC and run for office from there. She fits right in with the other millions of leftys.

Blake on March 12, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Following Bloomies logic, can we educate on the dangers delusional thoughts of self importance and social engineering?

antipc on March 12, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Next..

You are taking care of yourself on a scale that the Government has labeled:
The Cadillac Plan..

Electrongod on March 12, 2013 at 8:28 PM

LOL

Liam on March 12, 2013 at 8:29 PM

80% of NYC public school system students are unable to read after “graduating” high school. Educate away Bloomberg.

Tripwhipper on March 12, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Since when did “education” include the soda gestapo hitting businesses with specially calibrated cups to ensure compliance? That doesn’t sound like education to me outside the way Hitler used the term when referring to Jews.

Happy Nomad on March 12, 2013 at 8:34 PM

You wouldn’t be telling him something that he doesn’t already know..

Electrongod on March 12, 2013 at 8:19 PM

…and He didn’t believe his mom …when she screamed…YOU HAVE TO STOP DOING THAT young man!!!…THAT…will stunt…your growth!

KOOLAID2 on March 12, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Funny thing how these nanny staters never eff with the people who are actually hurting America—economically and socially.

arnold ziffel on March 12, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Tripwhipper on March 12, 2013 at 8:30 PM

What has fascinated me the most is that Bloomberg has made it clear that he’s going to get those “high capacity” cups out of the city and world. You’d think he’d double down on some other issue than this.

Happy Nomad on March 12, 2013 at 8:36 PM

I want more government. A big plate full, and a side dish of inefficiency smothered with bureaucracy sauce and tax garnish.

SparkPlug on March 12, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Big Nanny knows best is only trying to help you. Because you morons are too stupid to look after yourselves your betters, like Big Brother Bloomberg, need to do it for you.

farsighted on March 12, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Educate is one thing..

Shackles is something else..

Electrongod on March 12, 2013 at 8:03 PM

But if you’re shackled, you have to admit, it can be very educating.

JellyToast on March 12, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Mayor Doomberg…WORST PERSONNNNN IN THE WORLDDDDDDDDDD

sadsushi on March 12, 2013 at 8:41 PM

KOOLAID2 on March 12, 2013 at 8:34 PM

I am sure that somewhere in ObamaCare..
There is a subsidized program for growth..
And a program to achieve growth..
On demand..

Electrongod on March 12, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Hey Bloomberg, your job as MAYOR, is to make sure the potholes get fixed, the garbage gets picked up and the roads get cleared of snow.

If you want to be in the education business, become a teacher, or go marry an incompetent and ascend to the presidency where you can then reside as the first Eunuch and preach your bogus crap sans legislation.

Oh, yah…you Maroon!

can_con on March 12, 2013 at 8:42 PM

You’d think he’d double down on some other issue than this.

Happy Nomad on March 12, 2013 at 8:36 PM

His arrogance won’t allow him to let go of a stinging rebuke. If 98% of people oppose something Bloomie orders, he can thumb his nose and do it anyway. But a judge forced him to back down. There’s no way he can comfortably live with that. When you’re a billionaire, the word ‘no’ doesn’t enter into your thinking if it’s being told to you.

Liam on March 12, 2013 at 8:43 PM

********** Over-Ruled….Now Boink Off ****************!
(sarc)

canopfor on March 12, 2013 at 8:47 PM

No, it’s not. We are not subjects or children, we are adults. Adults with God-Given rights and liberties that no despot has the right to take away.

Mr. Bloomberg seems to forget he and his cohorts serve at the leisure of the people. He was elected to a government of limited and enumerated powers. Powers he has no right to define or even imagine without consent of the governed.

There is no place for a tyranny of the majority either in a democratic republic. Nor a bully who believes himself king. Are you listening also Mr. Cuomo?

Notice the action of a despot which defines him. A judge not only strikes down this fiat as arbitrary and capricious. But he enumerates one step further and exposes the powers used to enforce it as corrupt and undemocratic.

What is his reaction? The judge is declared wrong and the mayor will basically ignore the ruling. Are the laws now also subject to Mr. Bloomberg’s whim? Is this no longer a democracy defined by a Constitution and bound by the law? Are a judges orders only to be followed when they fit an elected officials personal predilections?

Bloomberg is nothing but a petty tyrant who needs to understand he works for the people, not vice versa. He is the antithesis of everything this country stands for and should be resoundingly condemned for his attempt to steal freedom from the people who own it.

Marcus Traianus on March 12, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Oh, yah…you Maroon!

can_con on March 12, 2013 at 8:42 PM

What do you really think about the guy?

Seriously, he’s got a case of the Martin O’Malleys or vice versa. Liberals term limited who aspire to higher office. O’Malley is doing it by pushing every liberal idea through the rubber stamp that is the Maryland legislature. Bloomberg is doing it by pushing Mooch Obama’s ideas outside the normal rule of order. Imagine when a “council” of Bloomberg appointees in the health department would agree with him but the city council might not- you know- people that have to face reelection from a pissed of electorate.

Happy Nomad on March 12, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Bloomberg is a real problem…very willing to do anything, D to R to I, get 3 terms, whatever it takes

And he’s one of the background planners for the gun grab. He and Howard Wolfson (think Ned Lemont)

When the smoke cleared at a movie theater in Aurora, Colo., in the wee hours of a Friday morning last July, 12 people were dead, 58 were injured and Mayor Michael Bloomberg was in New York, readying an assault of his own.

The campaign that Mr. Bloomberg and his “gun team” came up with in the hours and days after Aurora involved carpet-bombing Washington with millions from the mayor’s immense fortune and a media blitz that would be deployed following the next massacre.

these are the Planners, the ones that are ready for any opportunity, any crisis, anything that happens to open things up for Change.

Change and change quick…then freeze. The left has tons of money, tons of vigilant planners…people with a plan, waiting. Biding their time, but always pushing…in your face, just a bit.

conservatives need to learn these lessons. Reaction is not leading.

r keller on March 12, 2013 at 8:49 PM

*********** Forced Re-Education,Now,Again,…Boink Off *************!

canopfor on March 12, 2013 at 8:50 PM

People actually voted for this guy. Nough said.

astonerii on March 12, 2013 at 8:51 PM

In the annals of doucheness…. I give you the douchiest douche of them all. He’s a douche, you see.

Sugar Land on March 12, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Liam on March 12, 2013 at 8:43 PM

All you say is true. The funny thing for me is the fact that the judge’s rebuke wasn’t all that stinging just pointing out that a mayor can’t arbitrarily make these laws when they are essentially bad public policy that punishes some businesses but ignores others. Equal treatment under the law- what a concept!

Happy Nomad on March 12, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Doomberg doesn’t understand governing. He’s a moral busybody.

Children in his city are 80% illiterate, so how’s he going to educate them? By taking choices away.

Kini on March 12, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Sugar Land on March 12, 2013 at 8:51 PM

And the bag it comes in.

Liam on March 12, 2013 at 8:55 PM

The San Fransicanization of NYC continues…

It’s one thing to educate…but another to legislate.

JetBoy on March 12, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Since when is passing a law that prohibits people from freely doing something called “educating” them? More Orwellian doublespeak.

You are not “educating” Nanny Bloomberg. You are trying to prohibit free people from doing something they should have the freedom to do. Educating them is explaining to them why you think it is bad for them. People who believe in human freedom believe that free people have a right to make those choices for themselves.

The Founding Fathers would rebel violently against this notion that a free people should not have the freedom to do something that someone else thinks might be bad for some of them in the long run.

Nanny Bloomberg is a despicable statist tyrant.

Frakin’ socialists are all alike, no matter what they try to call themselves.

farsighted on March 12, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Typical American: You’re an azzhole, Bloomberg. Roll-it-down azzhole. If we had a contest, the world’s biggest azzhole, you’d come in second.

Emperor Bloomberg: Yeah? Why not first?

Typical American: ‘Cause you’re an azzhole.

(Apologies to The Big Bang, a great movie)

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on March 12, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Happy Nomad on March 12, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Proof that the rich, entitled are usually the worst choice to govern. I put him in the same category as John Kerry, Sen. Feinstein, and Cornelius Huntsman.

You know:

the smug, the condescending, the crap weasels

It’s a little late for him to be trying to atone for his pillaging years in high finance. If he wants atonement, donate all his money and join the peace corp.

can_con on March 12, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Did Bloomberg really say “but don’t ban cheez-its because I like them?” WOW.

hopeful on March 12, 2013 at 9:07 PM

You know:

the smug, the condescending, the crap weasels

can_con on March 12, 2013 at 9:00 PM

I chalk it up to a “I got mine now do as I say” mentality. Kerry is living off the legacy of his wife’s dead spouse. Feinstein got hers the old fashioned way- outright corruption. Huntsman is a trust fund baby.

That’s one of the things that impressed me about Mitt Romney. He has always worked for what he got. He could have well kept his inheritance from his father but he did not. He does not fall the category of smug condescending crap weasel even though he probably went to school with many who were.

Happy Nomad on March 12, 2013 at 9:18 PM

“I think that it is incumbent on government to tell people what they’re doing to themselves, and let people make their own decisions ….. So our job is to educate people, and the ban on bigger cup sizes was a wayzz to remind you … if you wanted 32oz, you’d have to take two cups, and then maybe you’d only take one … but, uhhh … people have a right to make products, and people have a right to buy them, annnd … I don’t know which comes first.”

Mayor Michael Bloomberg, on the Dave Letterman Show

Isn’t he great everyone? Give him a HAND ! . . . . . . .
(sounds of applause, clapping, cheering, and whistling)
It is NOT the job of government to educate the people as pertains to “our daily walk of life”, and personal habits that don’t encroach on other people.

You’re NOT giving people who want one (1) 32oz beverage container/cup any choice.

Is it okay if I make guns, and sell them to people in NYC who want them?

The apparent desire of CONSUMERS comes FIRST … then the marketing people get involved with fulfilling this want/desire, for a negotiable price. Then all’s well that ends well, ….. UNTIL THE GOVERNMENT STEPS IN, AND “SCREWS” EVERYONE ON ALL SIDES.

listens2glenn on March 12, 2013 at 9:19 PM

If Bloomberg or some other empty-headed nanny makes such a statement, say “No, it’s not, go f**k yourself”.

Why is this b.s. even entertained? When you even discuss it on his terms, you give rah-tards like Bloomberg power and credibility he doesn’t have. Laugh at him or tell him to f**k off.

Saltyron on March 12, 2013 at 9:29 PM

I can’t help but hope, and pray, that God has a plan, and a place, for all these people who torment us so. These people whose sole life purpose seems to be to scold, and rob all of us of any pleasure or purpose we may have. Oh, Lord! Won’t you please go totally Old Testament on these disgraceful, petty tyrants and free us once, and for all?!

OK. Rant over. Time for bed.

teacherman on March 12, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Happy Nomad on March 12, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Yup, I agree, and especially about Romney. I think he never let his mission work get too far into memory and it kept him grounded in important things, rather than just chasing money and power.

can_con on March 12, 2013 at 9:37 PM

I’m really glad Bloomberg is pulling this stuff. This should be a warning to the whole country about what happens when you give liberals too much power. There’s not much difference between what Bloomberg is doing and Obamacare. They Rahm this stuff through with absolutely no regard for people’s freedoms. Yes, we do have a right to a 20 oz soda. In fact, when ordering a pizza, we do have the right to take the free 2 liter bottle.

Pay attention people, this is a prelude to our national government if we don’t get a handle on it and do it fast.

bflat879 on March 12, 2013 at 9:38 PM

OK. Rant over. Time for bed.

teacherman on March 12, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Nitey night.

listens2glenn on March 12, 2013 at 9:46 PM

I stopped drinking soda a couple years ago. I don’t know how I managed to do it without government being involved.

Mullaney on March 12, 2013 at 9:50 PM

I assume all the potholes are fixed, Mr. Mayor?

PattyJ on March 12, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Mullaney on March 12, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Until we moved to Texas, I was a HUGE diet pop drinker. Sweet tea’s more my thing now.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 12, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Taxpayer-funded hypodermic needles and late-term abortions? OK!

24-ounce Pepsi? Must be banned to save lives.

F.M.B.

Bruce MacMahon on March 12, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Mullaney on March 12, 2013 at 9:50 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 12, 2013 at 10:00 PM

( G A S P ! ) ….. caffeine addict !
Mayor Bloomberg ! … You’re help is needed in Lubbock, TX right now !

listens2glenn on March 12, 2013 at 10:12 PM

I still think anyone on NYC should go to their local restaurant and order a “Bloomberg* of Coke” and start with the ridicule.

Alinsky 5: “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon. It is almost impossible to counteract ridicule. Also it infuriates the opposition, which then reacts to your advantage.”

* a Bloomberg is 32 oz

ProfShadow on March 12, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Are these these the people who DEMANDED that government stay out of their bedrooms (lives)? And are these the same people now DEMANDING how people must live their lives? If so, something is seriously wrong here.

Netclimber on March 12, 2013 at 10:35 PM

On the radio last night (can’t think of the host’s name), I learned about Bloomberg’s very expensive booklets for heroin users so that they didn’t jeopardize their health. Is this guy for real?

Why doesn’t he work on cleaning up the pathetic NYC school system instead?

onlineanalyst on March 12, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Dave should have called Bloomie on his remark “It is our job to educate people” and asked
“Why 80% or NYC public school grads were not able to read?”

KenInIL on March 12, 2013 at 11:31 PM

It is his calling.

Mensch (מענטש) a Yiddish word that means “a person of integrity.” A mensch is someone who is responsible, has a sense of right and wrong and is the sort of person other people look up to. In English the word has come to mean “a good guy.” Menschlichkeit (מענטשלעכקייט) is a related Yiddish word used to describe the collective qualities that make someone a mensch.

IlikedAUH2O on March 13, 2013 at 12:07 AM

From Proverbs 23:21

For the drunkard and the glutton will come to poverty, and slumber will clothe them with rags.

IlikedAUH2O on March 13, 2013 at 12:07 AM

The quote above was from judaism dot about dot com

Next time the poor guy is selling a black and white car, I’ll take my spouse’s advice and give him the money.

IlikedAUH2O on March 13, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Calling all Catholics.

St. Thomas Aquinas in Summa Theologica, we find —

Nimis – eating food that is excessive in quantity.

From Wiki.

IlikedAUH2O on March 13, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Back in the day… Uncle Joe Stalin used to call shipping those in disagreement with him to a not so fun vacation in Siberia as reeducation.

viking01 on March 13, 2013 at 12:26 AM

How did Bloomberg get elected? He’s an embarrassment to all US citizens and casts a special shadow of shame on the voters of New York City. No, Dave, not “the greatest city in the world”, the timid little poodle of metrosexual Mike Bloomberg and his band of liberal hall-monitors.

virgo on March 13, 2013 at 12:39 AM

Bloomberg is obviously a guy with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, which, when combined with billions of dollars at his personal disposal and a political office that addresses millions of people, can’t be expected to produce a good result.

Lourdes on March 13, 2013 at 2:55 AM

It is his calling.

IlikedAUH2O on March 13, 2013 at 12:07 AM

No, not “mensch.”

I think the word you are looking for is “mashugana.”

Lourdes on March 13, 2013 at 2:58 AM

Little man in charge of big city.

Little man.

Sherman1864 on March 13, 2013 at 3:01 AM

No, that’s not your job.

Dr. ZhivBlago on March 13, 2013 at 4:36 AM

You wanna control something, Bloomy?
How about bedbugs ?!

Frank_D on March 13, 2013 at 4:41 AM

In case you hadn’t noticed, I watch my diet. This is not for me.”

And therefore, what I choose to do shall be mandatory for everyone else to do.

Good Lt on March 13, 2013 at 8:12 AM

The epitome of “Big Brother” . . . are we soon to see reeducation farms and moral cleansing? The country is very sick.

rplat on March 13, 2013 at 8:30 AM

educate, huh?…just not highschoolers, to read…

Axeman on March 13, 2013 at 8:46 AM

even though your Creator endowed you with free will, i we in the government have the right to usurp and void it.

something your god does not even do.

what he’s really doing is punishing people by making them feel his power. a little man in more ways than one.

why not this concern over those who, say, take the very lives of others or rape women and children? why isn’y der bloomberg interfering in the ‘moral decisions ‘ of habitual criminals- who are most definitely willfully interfering with the health of others with their bad decisions? OWS was most certainly collectively making appalling health decisions- yet he didn’t send in storm troopers to root them out. in what modern society is pooping in the street considered sanitary?

he’s nothing but a fing fascist. he doesn’t care about people’s health- the wee one cares about asserting his puny power over them. it’s only those who want to be slaves who comply and laud his actions.

mittens on March 13, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Dictators come in all shapes and sizes… He can’t just outright say that he whats to own us and abuse us as he sees fit, so he tweaks around the edges.

(leftist moron drone thought)
Get out of my bedroom, and into my soda intake…(/leftist moron drone thought)

RalphyBoy on March 13, 2013 at 1:44 PM