Quotes of the day

posted at 8:01 pm on March 10, 2013 by Allahpundit

President Barack Obama hopes to spark a pitchfork revolt against Republicans over sequester-induced budget cuts — but many Democrats fret that he’s undermined that effort with an early strategy marred by hype, poor planning and muddled messaging…

“I think they probably went over the top in terms of saying that the consequences were going to be horrible, especially because it’s happened and the lines in the airports aren’t long, the world hasn’t changed overnight,” says former Pennsylvania Gov. Ed Rendell, an on-again, off-again Obama critic who supports the broad outlines of Obama’s $4 trillion “grand bargain” proposal…

One top Democratic Congressional aide offered this bit of advice to Obama: “Don’t accentuate a fight you don’t intend to wage [and] can’t win. … They spent two weeks building up sequester as a horror show and then got fact-checked a dozen times and were forced to back off their own claims of it being a disaster once they were forced to acquiesce to the cuts happening.”

***

For Republicans, the clearest indication that they had won this latest round in the ongoing budget fight was Obama’s acknowledgment that he would sign a continuing resolution to fund the government (the current one expires at the end of March) that included the lower spending levels under sequestration, in addition to the spending caps already in place under the Budget Control Act of 2011. In other words, that he would not risk a government shutdown in an effort to undo the automatic cuts…

“The problem was, on day one when Obama started talking about how bad the sequester was, nobody was disagreeing with him,” a senior House Republican aide says. “We always agreed that there would be programs that were unnecessarily going to be impacted by this. The only way for them to gain ground was to go over the top, and they just boxed themselves into a corner of hysterics, claiming the world was going to end, and then it didn’t.”…

“The White House has been badly served throughout the Obama administration by making assumptions about what Republicans want, rather than actually talking to Republicans and conservatives, and finding out what moves them,” the House leadership aide says. “I don’t know if it’s because they watch too much MSNBC, or what, but they have a habit of telling us what they think we want, and have made some bad assumptions about the principles of conservatism.”

***

“If we’re going to solve these problems, it’s going to have to be done on a bipartisan basis,” said [Sen. Ron] Johnson on ABC’s “This Week.” “I think most Republicans are more than willing to work with this president.”…

“I got a call from his chief of staff over the weekend to talk about, you know what we need to do in terms of developing the process,” said Johnson. “So, you know we’ll — I’ll certainly give the president the benefit of the doubt.”…

“If you’re taking a look at, in an entitlement reform package… you know actually bringing in revenue for those entitlement reforms, I might look at that,” he said. But Johnson cautioned that the high taxes were already battering the economy.

***

“This is the first time I’ve ever had a conversation with the president lasting more than, say, two minutes or televised exchanges,” Mr. Ryan, Wisconsin Republican and chairman of the House Budget Committee, said on “Fox News Sunday.” “So I’ve never really had a conversation with him on these issues before. I’m excited that we had this conversation — we had a very frank exchange. We come from different perspectives; I ran against him in the last election. So we exchanged very different frank, candid views with one another that were very different. But at least we had this conversation.”…

“Will he resume the campaign mode, will he resume attacking Republicans and impugning our motives, will he resume what is long believed to be a plan to win the 2014 elections, or will he sincerely change and try and find common ground, try and work with Republicans to get something done?” Mr. Ryan said. “That’s what we hope happens.”

***

Senator No. 2: “At the end [of Obama's dinner with Republicans] I mentioned, ‘Share [with us] how you see this going forward.’ ” Here the president “got hazy. . . . I told him this will never work without adult supervision from the White House. I don’t think he comprehends that this is part of getting something done.”…

When the senator had met with the president in the past, during debt talks, “it was a lecture, it was preachy.” But at the dinner the president showed “reach out.

“There was nothing like it. There were at least three senators there who I could tell got a little emotional—there was something about the meeting where it was with such sincerity. Nobody held back.”

***

Here’s another possibility: The White House screwed up the sequester fight, the president’s approval ratings are dropping, heretofore-friendly reporters are criticizing his failure to lead, and, while Obama remains relatively unconcerned about debt and deficits, he recognizes the political utility of reaching out to Republicans now in order to demonize them once again in the months leading up to the 2014 midterm elections. In short, it’s a setup

The White House recognizes that the fight over the sequester is about much more than the immediate reduction in the growth of federal spending. In some respects, it’s about the central rationale of the Obama presidency—that government is a force for good in the lives of Americans, not just necessary but constructive and even benevolent. Think back to the Obama campaign’s “Julia,” a fictional single woman who was aided by a caring and compassionate government at every stage of her life. The president’s argument over the past two months is that the government is so important it cannot be trimmed even a little. On the contrary, from universal pre-K to more green energy to new medical research, it ought to be doing things tomorrow that it’s not doing today.

So it’s fair to ask: Why should Republicans trust a man whose second Inaugural Address was a clarion call to greater government activism, whose State of the Union the New York Times described as a case for “closing out the politics of austerity,” who has previously demonstrated bad faith by fighting even modest reductions in spending growth, and whose second-term strategy so far has depended on casting Republicans as villains?

***

“But you’ve got a lot scabs and sores on people that’s going to take a while for that to heal,” Coburn told host David Gregory.

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

***

***

As Democrats and Republicans, we may disagree on the best way to achieve our goals, but I’m confident we can agree on what those goals should be. A strong and vibrant middle class. An economy that allows businesses to grow and thrive. An education system that gives more Americans the skills they need to compete for the jobs of the future. An immigration system that actually works for families and businesses. Stronger communities and safer streets for our children.

Making progress on these issues won’t be easy. In the months ahead, there will be more contentious debate and honest disagreement between principled people who want what’s best for this country. But I still believe that compromise is possible. I still believe we can come together to do big things. And I know there are leaders on the other side who share that belief.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

The GOPe will betray you..

And others..

Electrongod on March 10, 2013 at 11:11 PM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on March 10, 2013 at 11:02 PM

While I agree with you where we are now, I think it was set up that way, I know that seems somewhat wackobirdish, but all my reading tells me they knew, or maybe some did, I think Hamilton knew for sure, but I think Madison realized a bit too late and tried to reign it back in. Jackson too later on, its all about money and power, and on that Lord Acton was dead on!

MarshFox on March 10, 2013 at 11:11 PM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on March 10, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Isn’t that the BOA CEO encounter during bank bailout?

antisocial on March 10, 2013 at 11:14 PM

SWalker on March 10, 2013 at 11:09 PM

Voyeur…and it ain’t my shoe!

Now stop buggin’ me, I have some research to do.

cozmo on March 10, 2013 at 11:15 PM

SWalker on March 10, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Its the Alliance, they are are betters, or they think so anyways, but I have read a poem or two, and until I am dead, I aim to misbehave;)

MarshFox on March 10, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Now stop buggin’ me, I have some research to do.

cozmo on March 10, 2013 at 11:15 PM

What are you researching? If you are at liberty to say.

Bmore on March 10, 2013 at 11:16 PM

AZfederalist on March 10, 2013 at 11:09 PM

Wilson/socialist/infiltration!

MarshFox on March 10, 2013 at 11:16 PM

MarshFox on March 10, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Mal?

cozmo on March 10, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Doubt it. My goal is freedom. Didn’t see any mention of that.

besser tot als rot on March 10, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on March 10, 2013 at 11:18 PM

haha couple of browncoats in here.

tom daschle concerned on March 10, 2013 at 11:18 PM

“In short, it’s a setup…”

Yeap…

“You fu%ked up…

… you trusted me.” – Obowma

*clinky!* to all…!

Seven Percent Solution on March 10, 2013 at 11:19 PM

and until I am dead, I aim to misbehave;)

MarshFox on March 10, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Damn right Captain… ;)

SWalker on March 10, 2013 at 11:19 PM

cozmo on March 10, 2013 at 11:16 PM

Absolutely, think about it, even the GOP well the establishment they are with the Dems, tell me they don’t try and regulate everything and then tell us it will be a better world if we just go along!

MarshFox on March 10, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Allahpundit – Helping Obama ingratiate his message 24-7!!

williamg on March 10, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Just stop it Will, Allahpundit is doing no such thing. Allahpundt is a pragmatic contrarian whose job is to provoke discussion and drive traffic to Hot Air. Do not get this phucked up, as intelligent as you may be, Allahpundit is smarter.

SWalker on March 10, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Hey – D’jever just Toss off a few words of Bitterness because……well, maybe just because you were feeling bitter towards a person who has – at least so far – has appeared to have a sole purpose of inciting The Enemy most of the time, without really reading everything before you did?

Well – I did.

I admit it – it was probably childish and unnecessary.

But – WOW!! I figured it would get totally ignored in the mix of good people’s comments here.

Wrong-O!

BTW – I never profess nor espouse that any one here, including myself, is any smarter than anyone else…….. that includes Allahpundit though – if he is a smart as you claim he is – I don’t know how you would have measured that….he certainly hasn’t impressed me with any intellectual epiphanies here………

Still working on being a better person……..

williamg on March 10, 2013 at 11:19 PM

besser tot als rot on March 10, 2013 at 11:17 PM

I agree..Obie has used this “poll tested” line at least a dozen times..:)

Dire Straits on March 10, 2013 at 11:19 PM

MarshFox on March 10, 2013 at 11:11 PM

I agree with you, in general. It wasn’t set up this way but the Founders certainly understood that the natural inclination was to pull limited systems like our governmental architecture apart.

A limited government is an especially difficult sort to keep intact. Since it’s limited, it doesn’t attract very good people. Who wants to take a job that is constrained, directly? Such sorts of limited positions and systems mostly attract the mediocre, the stupid, and the criminal (who are looking to abuse the system and break it). This is natural. If our government worked according to the Constitution, as it should, then you and I wouldn’t have to be so involved in politics, since there would only be so much damage that a politician could do (given his limited power). This leads to a sort of complacency (the luxury of having a system that you don’t have to be on top of every single second and can spend your time in constructive pursuits elsewhere, as you truly desire) that begins the end of such structures. Add to that the vast wealth of America and the huge amount of money that goes through this government and you get the worst sort of people populating it. Eventually, they will kill it as they feed off of it and abuse it and we will have to start anew. It’s amazing that our sort of structure lasted over 200 years, to be honest.

But we have definitely hit the end of the line with this particular implementation and need to move on and re-establish the model all over again. Once that is done, there is a tacit understanding among all of what the law actually means, before the lawyers start removing all meaning from the language and reducing the law to nothing more than meaningless glyphs, representing nothing.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on March 10, 2013 at 11:20 PM

haha couple of browncoats in here.

tom daschle concerned on March 10, 2013 at 11:18 PM

More than a couple, methinks… ;)

SWalker on March 10, 2013 at 11:20 PM

tom daschle concerned on March 10, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Yes there are!;)

MarshFox on March 10, 2013 at 11:21 PM

MarshFox on March 10, 2013 at 11:19 PM

I was askin’ if you were Mal, you dunderhead.

Now, I going to watch some Vixen and go to bed. ‘Bout time SW linked some decent metal.

cozmo on March 10, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Bmore on March 10, 2013 at 11:07 PM

That was amazing.

Cindy Munford on March 10, 2013 at 11:23 PM

That was amazing.

Cindy Munford on March 10, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Here’s to hoping you think that about the other. ; ) *clink!*

Bmore on March 10, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Isn’t that the BOA CEO encounter during bank bailout?

antisocial on March 10, 2013 at 11:14 PM

You might be referring to the right “meeting”. It was when the Indonesian called in a bunch of bank execs to ream them about their bonuses (after the bailouts) when it was revealed right after that some sneaky sumbi*ch had put some of the bonuses into the porkulus, itself. Then Barky sent a bunch of union goons out to harass some no-name banking mid-manager … Meanwhile, people had been talking about pitchforks, but for Barky and the rest of the treasonous, lunatic junta.

The idiot should have been impeached right then and there (along with tens of other times both before and after) but he wasn’t … so he got to extort $20 billion out of BP right from the Oval Office. That was a real sort of Sukarno action. Welcome to Jakarta.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on March 10, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Cindy Munford on March 10, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Not sure if you saw this. Fallon’s trying to fix up the place a wee bit. So I’ve been making her pictures for the wall and sculptures for the garden. ; ) P.S. Some folks seem to find it offensive. I don’t. I think her makes the most adorable cherub.

Bmore on March 10, 2013 at 11:28 PM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on March 10, 2013 at 11:20 PM

I will buy that, you and I are on the same page, I just think that the Anti-Federalist were more right then the Federalist. Honestly, for one of my college papers, I was doing research and it is amazing how easily they threw away the Articles in favor of the new Constitution. I think with amending the Articles would have worked. I will say this though, if the red state governors would just band together, they could make the Federal government irrelevant and bring it to its knees, it would only take one to start it.

MarshFox on March 10, 2013 at 11:28 PM

williamg on March 10, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Will, relax and grab a cold one.

First of all, in case you didn’t notice, Allahpundit did not write anything in the Quote of the Day. They are quotes. From other people.

Second, I am not under the impression that you are one of the bad guys, or a troll or anything. I know you are one of the good guys. And I understand that your post was one of frustration, you’re just taking it out on the wrong person.

Oh, and the crack about your intelligence, just a hook to draw you back into the conversation… (For a dumb ole washed up former Rock Star and general purpose Redneck, I are not so dumb… ) <— insert evil laughter here….

SWalker on March 10, 2013 at 11:28 PM

it would only take one to start it.

MarshFox on March 10, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Two

cozmo on March 10, 2013 at 11:29 PM

cozmo on March 10, 2013 at 11:21 PM

I like that, dunderhead:) Haven’t been called that in a spell, good night and enjoy, and no I am not, he is a better man than I;)

MarshFox on March 10, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Whats your damage bro?
Tis qotd.

bazil9 on March 10, 2013 at 9:38 PM

The foreplay is too long. Williamg is one of those who wants to be smoking a cigarette and getting ready to shower off the bodily fluids already.

He, literally, can’t wait for the shooting to start.

Resist We Much on March 10, 2013 at 9:47 PM

You mean “the shoosting to start”, right?

You know – sometimes I’m just in those moods…….actually, probably most of the time. They’re dark and cloudy and…….well, whatever…

But HEY – I don’t REEELY want to do that! Reeeally……

However – I hope I did not offend you with my confession on another thread, RWM……but I meant it!

williamg on March 10, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Bmore on March 10, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Someone is always going to be offended but that is some really seamless work.

Cindy Munford on March 10, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Bmore, good evening my freind, I loved the 300 one, that was so awesome, you gotta do one with the Dine in Hell scene;)

MarshFox on March 10, 2013 at 11:32 PM

All anyone needs to know is when Obowma said…

“You guys work it out…”

… This is all theatre, and don’t think for one instant that Axelrod, Messina, et al., aren’t planning the next campaign stops.

He is the ‘outsider‘, fighting for the ‘middle class’ against all the pain he, and his ideology, have caused…

Seven Percent Solution on March 10, 2013 at 11:34 PM

He, literally, can’t wait for the shooting to start.

Resist We Much on March 10, 2013 at 9:47 PM

I would really like to see him in ‘action’ if/when the shooting starts.

Indeed I would.

Solaratov on March 10, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Actually – growing up in South St. Louis and playing music and other things in East St. Louis, already saw some of that.

I’ll just say this: It’s amazing how incredibly clear your thinking can be when you are looking into the barrel of a loaded weapon……….Not Recommended, by the way……

williamg on March 10, 2013 at 11:34 PM

cozmo on March 10, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Touche :)

MarshFox on March 10, 2013 at 11:35 PM

MarshFox on March 10, 2013 at 11:32 PM

I’ll look it up now. I have never seen the movie, I accidentally came across the image when doing some research on warriors.

Bmore on March 10, 2013 at 11:36 PM

williamg on March 10, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Will, relax and grab a cold one.

<> There are days I wish I could still do that – but, thanks for thinking about me, dude!

Enjoy one for me!

williamg on March 10, 2013 at 11:38 PM

williamg on March 10, 2013 at 11:34 PM

S. St. Louis eh? I used to live at Bingham and Spring ish. Something tells me you don’t like Dad’s cookies though. 8D

tom daschle concerned on March 10, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Seven Percent Solution on March 10, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Thanks for reminding me 7%, I have to send Axlerod to supper at the White house. How on earth did I forget him? *clink!*

Bmore on March 10, 2013 at 11:38 PM

*((Sigh!)) There are days I wish I could still do that

williamg on March 10, 2013 at 11:38 PM

SWalker on March 10, 2013 at 11:28 PM

I know, why is it that people think us Browncoats are stupid;)

MarshFox on March 10, 2013 at 11:40 PM

MarshFox on March 10, 2013 at 11:32 PM

Wow! That one gets photoshopped a bunch. I’ll have it on hand and if something appropriate comes up I’ll use it. ; )

Bmore on March 10, 2013 at 11:42 PM

“I think he gets it,” Coburn said Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press.” “I think he’s genuinely reaching out.”…

Coburn is a dope and a sap. I won’t miss him for a minute. Retire you bearded putz.

Jaibones on March 10, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Seven Percent Solution on March 10, 2013 at 11:34 PM

How’s the little guy doing today?

Cindy Munford on March 10, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Bmore on March 10, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Always glad to help…

*clinky!*

Seven Percent Solution on March 10, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Well said

Rusty Allen on March 10, 2013 at 11:43 PM

OK, time for a little smoking eye candy for the fellas here… ;)

SWalker on March 10, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Tal’s hotter imo

gh on March 10, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Bmore on March 10, 2013 at 11:42 PM

That poster hangs in quite a few battalion HQs walls:) I am quite sure you can guess why;)

MarshFox on March 10, 2013 at 11:43 PM

How’s the little guy doing today?

Cindy Munford on March 10, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Making a full recovery, thank you for asking Ms. Cindy…

*clinky!*

Seven Percent Solution on March 10, 2013 at 11:44 PM

SWalker on March 10, 2013 at 11:28 PM

I know, why is it that people think us Browncoats are stupid;)

MarshFox on March 10, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Copping mechanism, thinking of us as dumb makes it possible for them to not piss their pants every time they actually see one of us. If I only had a dollar for every time someone who saw me figured that I was dumb just because I played guitar, man oh man, not only could I retire comfortably, but I could probably also pay off the entire US debt all by my self…

SWalker on March 10, 2013 at 11:46 PM

tom daschle concerned on March 10, 2013 at 11:38 PM

So – you weren’t far from the Soulard District and The Soulard Market?

GREAT place!

Do you remember The Soulard Blues Band?

I ran with them for a little while…..

williamg on March 10, 2013 at 11:46 PM

SWalker on March 10, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Sort of strange too considering who their father was.

MarshFox on March 10, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Gun Control is to Democrats in 2014 as ObamaCare was to them in 2010.

Voting booth poison that they don’t even know they are drinking.

Keep guzzling you Communists.

PappyD61 on March 10, 2013 at 8:51 PM

You fool. The GOP is going to pass it as well.

The GOP will betray you

True_King on March 10, 2013 at 11:49 PM

OK, time for a little smoking eye candy for the fellas here… ;)

SWalker on March 10, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Tal’s hotter imo

gh on March 10, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Oh lordy, I am so glad I never had a bassist that looked like her, I would undoubtedly have gotten sued, maybe shot and would have never been able to keep my mind on my guitar playing… ;)

SWalker on March 10, 2013 at 11:50 PM

So – you weren’t far from the Soulard District and The Soulard Market?

GREAT place!

Do you remember The Soulard Blues Band?

I ran with them for a little while…..

williamg on March 10, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Dutchtown (where I was) isn’t too far south of Soulard. Soulard Market is hanging in there. It certainly isn’t like the heydays of at least the ’80′s, but that area is having its own renaissance. I heard the SBB on a few occasions. STL is underrated by far for blues. I pop into Billy’s Fine Foods on occasion for a hot breakfast.

tom daschle concerned on March 10, 2013 at 11:51 PM

SWalker on March 10, 2013 at 11:46 PM

I’ll agree with that, but then again that works in our favor because they never see it coming;)

MarshFox on March 10, 2013 at 11:52 PM

SWalker on March 10, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Sort of strange too considering who their father was.

MarshFox on March 10, 2013 at 11:49 PM

No kidding, maybe if he had kept them here in San Diego instead of moving to Bellevue.

SWalker on March 10, 2013 at 11:53 PM

SWalker on March 10, 2013 at 11:50 PM

She’s only about 19 in that video too. You can find videos of her jamming with Victor Wooten and pals if you poke around youtube.

gh on March 10, 2013 at 11:56 PM

SWalker on March 10, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Maybe, but then again, he may have been a D, a lot of higher ranking officers were and are.

MarshFox on March 10, 2013 at 11:57 PM

gh on March 10, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Dont forget this little cutie pie…

SWalker on March 10, 2013 at 11:58 PM

MarshFox on March 10, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Oh its a great poster, I love the channel mixing on the color and the light. Greenscreen but done in a very great way. Make you a deal. You send me a decent resolution headshot of yourself and if you take a new one try to match the angle and a little on the light direction. I;ll strip em together and the result. Funny!!!! ; )

Bmore on March 11, 2013 at 12:00 AM

SWalker on March 10, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Don’t care for her much but that video is good. There is a “making of” video, which goes with it where Vai talks about how it was done. IIRC, the audio is a more or less a single take, but they shot the video afterwards (miming to the track).

gh on March 11, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Bmore on March 11, 2013 at 12:00 AM

I will have to look for one, plus contemplate putting myself out there, but Mrs, MarshFox would love it:) You are one great friend! I truly mean that.

MarshFox on March 11, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Barack makes Joseph (Goebbels) blush and the fools fall for him.

May they all be ‘poisoned’ by what he feeds them.

Schadenfreude on March 11, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Ok, everyone, time to go back to work, enjoy:)

MarshFox on March 11, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Hypocrites unite

Schadenfreude on March 11, 2013 at 12:05 AM

You are one great friend! I truly mean that.

MarshFox on March 11, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Yea, Bmore is pretty cool, I mean, even though he is an Imperial Storm-trooper and all… <—- insert hysterical cackling here… ;p

SWalker on March 11, 2013 at 12:07 AM

MarshFox on March 11, 2013 at 12:04 AM

You and The Mrs would be the only ones to see it. Well, I’d have to see it obviously, but other than that……Well I may share with my better half. She’s okay. I promise. Lol! ; )

Bmore on March 11, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Bmore on March 10, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Masterstroke, Bmore – really, really good work. Indulge a question, though: who’s face is on the baby? I’m just not hip enough to tell……

“Well, I would not give the false hope – on this strange and mournful day, that the Mother and Child Reunion is only a motion away…..”

williamg on March 11, 2013 at 12:14 AM

I’ll talk to y’all tomorrow.

Cindy Munford on March 11, 2013 at 12:14 AM

I’ll talk to y’all tomorrow.

Cindy Munford on March 11, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Euphoria Avenue
Glade Gardens Plaza
West Atrium Tower
Penthouse Office
Attn: Sparky

SparkPlug on March 11, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Its either really 11:24 or 1:24 not 12:24.

SparkPlug on March 11, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Cindy Munford on March 11, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Ok. Thanks for chatting.

SparkPlug on March 11, 2013 at 12:25 AM

SWalker on March 11, 2013 at 12:07 AM

haha. I laughed at the “insert hysterical cackling here” part.

SparkPlug on March 11, 2013 at 12:26 AM

The GOP will betray you

True_King on March 10, 2013 at 11:49 PM

You were right.

SparkPlug on March 11, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Humans will betray you. Not hard.

bazil9 on March 11, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Good Night Cindy, Sweet Dreams.

Bmore on March 11, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Former McCain Campaign Manager Steve Schmidt on Meet the Press:

Republican Strategist Steve Schmidt had some harsh words for his own party on Sunday, criticizing the GOP’s standing on equal opportunity for women.

As part of an NBC “Meet The Press” roundtable discussing gender roles in the workplace, Schmidt vowed that any organization where women are “not at the table” is “going to have problems.”

It’s one of the problems we have structurally in the Republican Party … Any company, any organization in today’s day and age that doesn’t give equal opportunity to women, that doesn’t advance women to the table, is going to be an organization that has difficulty competing,” Schmidt said.

Just needs a whiny “Serious you guys” to complete the effect.

Robert_Paulson on March 11, 2013 at 12:30 AM

bazil9 on March 11, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Good point..:)

Dire Straits on March 11, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Good Night All.

Bmore on March 11, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Dire Straits on March 11, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Funny that it is a good point. Life.
I see a Jimmy and Tammy here sometimes.

bazil9 on March 11, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Another communist, this one for “voters of all stripes, legal or illegal” to head Labor.

Schadenfreude on March 11, 2013 at 12:38 AM

williamg on March 10, 2013 at 11:34 PM

I only went to East St. Louis a couple of times when I lived up in Brentwood – and decided I didn’t need a drink that bad. ESL is a weird place.It’s been a lot of years since I’ve been over there.

Solaratov on March 11, 2013 at 12:40 AM

Azzhole, Ayotte was at Obama’s table during Rand Paul’s filibuster, where she would have shown that women are beyond dummy table-props.

Schadenfreude on March 11, 2013 at 12:41 AM

bazil9 on March 11, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Life..:):)

Dire Straits on March 11, 2013 at 12:41 AM

That’s Life – Sinatra

thatsafactjack on March 11, 2013 at 12:44 AM

bazil9 on March 11, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Politicians aren’t human. Gotcha.

SparkPlug on March 11, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Obama’s sincere outreach to the GOP is about as authentic as the plaster cast that Ted Bundy used to wear on his arm before he grabbed young women and pulled them into his car.

profitsbeard on March 11, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Fly Me To The Moon – Sinatra

thatsafactjack on March 11, 2013 at 12:49 AM

How does the sun know it’s supposed to rise an hour earlier?

How?

SparkPlug on March 11, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Are Scrumpy and Ken frolicking in the Glade, no time for the rest of us? :)

thatsafactjack on March 11, 2013 at 12:50 AM

Betcha SWalkers brain knows but I doubt he does.

SparkPlug on March 11, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Just needs a whiny “Serious you guys” to complete the effect.

Robert_Paulson on March 11, 2013 at 12:30 AM

America has been poisoned by politically correct speech, and politically correct behavior. Not only are Steve Schmidt and his ilk the turds floating in the punchbowl, we are no longer allowed to call them that, or toss out the punchbowl without offending them.

To say that we have lost our way is an understatement. Once upon a time, if one supported abortion or homosexuality and claimed to be a Catholic, they would be excommunicated. Now, their are Catholics who not only support, but practice both of those abominations, and honestly believe that if you do not support them, that you should be excommunicated.

Indeed night has become day, up has become down and good has become evil. We cannot tell, let alone throw people like Steve Schmidt from the Republican Party, even though he intentional worked to cause McVain’s defeat to Obama in order to prevent Sarah Palin fro becoming Vice President.

Schmidt should be taken out and shot instead of being invited to speak on Meet the Fifth Column Treasonous Media.

SWalker on March 11, 2013 at 12:51 AM

SparkPlug on March 11, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Because…

The moon is a silver tea cup adrift on a velvet sky,
And in the cup is a drop of fire to light the morning sun.

thatsafactjack on March 11, 2013 at 12:52 AM

I don’t like losing an hour of sleep every night. This time shift is a dumb idea.

SparkPlug on March 11, 2013 at 12:52 AM

How does the sun know it’s supposed to rise an hour earlier?

How?

SparkPlug on March 11, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Betcha SWalkers brain knows but I doubt he does.

SparkPlug on March 11, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Silly SparkPlug… The Sun has a time machine, it lives 8 minutes in the future, so it knows what we’re up to even before we do. <— insert mad scientist laugh here…

SWalker on March 11, 2013 at 12:54 AM

La Vie En Rose – Piaff

Just because…

thatsafactjack on March 11, 2013 at 12:55 AM

thatsafactjack on March 11, 2013 at 12:50 AM

I’ll go check. Ken was checking out her booty and she flew away on her broom. I put a new kick stand on it and a tail fin which was her idea.

SparkPlug on March 11, 2013 at 12:55 AM