Hasselbeck to reportedly leave some television show she was apparently on

posted at 9:31 am on March 9, 2013 by Jazz Shaw

In a news flash which will, beyond a doubt, profoundly and disturbingly affect a majority of Hot Air readers, various media outlets are now reporting that Elisabeth Hasselbeck will be leaving her current television employment situation next season. She is currently one of the hosts of a show called, “The View,” which I believe is some sort of travel photography collection.

The future of “The View” co-host Elisabeth Hasselback is up in the air. According to two sources familiar with the matter, Hasselbeck will not be returning to the daytime program next season.

In a statement, a spokesperson for “The View” tells TVNewser, “Elisabeth Hasselbeck is a valued member of ‘The View’ and has a long term contract.”…

Hasselbeck has been a panelist on “The View” since 2003. She has served as a game foil to her co-hosts, representing not only a younger generation of women, but also serving as the show’s resident Republican. Given that the program routinely features discussions about politics, and interviews with newsmakers, she often made her political opinions known.

I kid of course… at least in part. The fact is that I’ve never actually seen The View so much as once in my life. Probably because I have a job and a lot of things to do. But I’ve seen numerous clips from the more infamous episodes of the show where Hasselbeck is chastised for daring to espouse some at least marginally conservative points of view while surrounded by a den of nanny state crones. (While committing the additional sin of being young and attractive.)

So why might she be exiting Stage Right? Could it be because her “views were to extreme” for The View?

“The viewers they polled all said she was too extreme and right wing,” the insider tells Us. “People did not watch the show because of Elisabeth. So they told her yesterday her contract would not be renewed.”

Hasselbeck was first introduced to me more than a decade ago because I’ve been a long time fan of the reality show Survivor. She was on the Australia outing of the show and made it to the final four before getting tossed by a better organized group. She’s always struck me as being somewhat reserved and possibly too polite for her own good in the world of media warfare. Her ability to stand up as a representative of young Republican women, though, has been consistently impressive. Hopefully her rumored departure will lead to a better, more productive forum to showcase her talents.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Hasselbeck is a gem. Fox News calling is 5…4…3…
She’d fit in perfectly on the Five.

Jackalope on March 9, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Not that you might care, but be sure that I will certainly never click on your posts again. Even Ed and AP don’t talk like that. That was very disrespectful of you and I will let them know. For whatever it’s worth.

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on March 9, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Less than you think.

viking01 on March 9, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Look in the mirror much? take some of your own advice.

Jackalope on March 9, 2013 at 5:09 PM

It’d be hilarious to see them hire a really smart conservative who loves pounding on liberals. Ann Coulter? Michelle Malkin? Turn the show into a cage match.

BuckeyeSam on March 9, 2013 at 9:54 AM

That would last one episode ending with either Coulter or Malkin standing on top of a pile of bones.

I’ve only watched clips (and that was enough to tell me that a whole hour would turn me into a serial killer) and those women are st00pid. Malkin and Coulter could outwit them by phone.

kim roy on March 9, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on March 9, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Call the WAAAAAAAAAMBULANCE.

LEAVE THE VIEW CRONES ALONE!!!1!11

kim roy on March 9, 2013 at 5:38 PM

ugh….Mr. Shaw, you are so disrespectful. With this last sentence you show yourself for the neanderthal that you actually look like (according to google images). Not only are you condescending to anyone who watches this show (I bet people who probably have even better jobs than yours have seen this show at least once), but you are also an old fart who sees this show as something that has no relevance to today’s society.

WTH do you live exactly? I bet it’s in REAL America, where Beyonce’s costume at the superbowl made your eyes bleed.

You could have said “Probably because I’m not their target audience” and be fine. But your guess on why you never seen the show is a detriment to your integrity.

Can.I.be.in.the.middleofobamastaint on March 9, 2013 at 4:51 PM

You promise?
At least he didn’t say rape rape.

CherryBombsBigBrownBeaver on March 9, 2013 at 5:48 PM

Malkin and Coulter could outwit them by phone.

kim roy on March 9, 2013 at 5:29 PM

While sleeping.

rottenrobbie on March 9, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Ms. Hasselbeck not only needs to be commended taking on a decade tour with these others but needs to be remunerated for hazardous duty IMO.

Tangerinesong on March 9, 2013 at 6:03 PM

I feel bad for people who don’t watch tv. They are really denying themselves of gaining a lot of knowledge with channels like Discovery Science and stuff.

The Notorious G.O.P on March 9, 2013 at 4:00 PM

And Sons of Anarchy.. OMG the eye candy on Sons of Anarchy!

melle1228 on March 9, 2013 at 6:07 PM

You think yelling at people with an opposing viewpointacting like a self-proclaimed “liberal” is the perfect way to convince them you are right and they are wrong correct?
HotAirLib on March 9, 2013 at 10:56 AM

S. D. on March 9, 2013 at 7:27 PM

…I will certainly never click on your posts again.

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on March 9, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Breaking news:

New found interest in Jazz Shaw postings after departure of “The View” viewer.

S. D. on March 9, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on March 9, 2013 at 4:51 PM

LOL! But next time use the “/s” so we all know it’s sarcasm. I almost called you an insentient baffoon, but then realized anyone that moronic would have to google both words to understand what that meant. Then I realized than nobody could possibly be so stupid as to write that and mean it and still use a keyboard. Must be sarcasm.

Good one, if a bit over the top with the “never read your posts…” thing.

ROCnPhilly on March 9, 2013 at 8:37 PM

She’d fit in perfectly on the Five.

Jackalope on March 9, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Great call. Get rid of Beckel and be who they want to be.

Jaibones on March 9, 2013 at 10:32 PM

If I had my way, Maude Behar and Hasselbeck would be replaced by Andrea Tantaros and Jedediah Bila. Or Christina Hendricks and Kat Dennings.

…But I’m expecting Janeane Garafalo and Lena Dunham to be filling those seats. =(

ZK on March 10, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Elisabeth Hasselback. Isn’t she married to someone famous?

E9RET on March 10, 2013 at 3:54 PM

WhooHoo!

This is wonderful news. Now Hasselbeck will move to a network where she can be seen and heard.

WestTexasBirdDog on March 10, 2013 at 6:10 PM