Senate confirms Brennan to lead CIA, 63/34

posted at 6:41 pm on March 7, 2013 by Allahpundit

Commenters are posting the names of the Republicans who voted yes on Brennan in the Lindsey Graham thread. I didn’t realize opposing him had become a litmus test; Paul’s filibuster yesterday was designed to squeeze the White House for an answer on drones, not to block Brennan. (Paul himself voted yes on cloture today, which assured that Brennan would ultimately be confirmed, even though he voted no on the final vote.) But here’s the list:

Alexander
Burr
Coats
Coburn
Collins
Corker
Flake
Graham
Hatch
Kirk
McCain
Murkowski
Rubio

The last name there is the biggest, of course. I guess Rubio thought that, having spoken on the floor twice yesterday in Paul’s defense, he had enough political cover to throw hawks a bone by voting for Brennan. Graham, meanwhile, stated on the floor this morning that he would vote for him as a vote of confidence in the drone program, i.e. as a rebuke to Paul. One other interesting vote: Kelly Ayotte, who often serves as the “third amigo” with McCain and Graham in the vanguard of GOP hawkishness, voted no. Hmmm. Starting to inch away from Maverick and his sidekick in light of the last 24 hours?

The cloture vote went 81/16, by the way. The Republicans who voted yes on that one but no on the final vote:

Ayotte
Kirk
Paul
Portman
Scott
Thune
Toomey

Little surprised to see Cruz in there but Paul set the baseline by voting yes. As for the Republicans who voted no on both cloture and the final vote: Barrasso, Boozman, Cochran, Crapo, Enzi, Grassley, Heller, Inhofe, Lee, Moran, Risch, Roberts, Sessions, Shelby, Wicker, and of course smilin’ Mitch McConnell, who came to the Senate floor late last night to make sure that all the primary-hungry tea partiers back in Kentucky know that he did indeed stand with Rand. For the next year, there’ll be no more reliably conservative vote in the Senate than McConnell. Enjoy it while it lasts.

By the way, if you’re wondering how Obama’s going to prove to his base that he still cares about due process after being roundly humiliated by Paul yesterday, here’s how:

A son-in-law of Osama bin Laden who served as al Qaeda’s spokesman was arrested in Jordan and then brought to New York in an operation led by Jordanian authorities and the FBI, U.S. government sources said on Thursday.

The sources said Suleiman Abu Ghaith, a militant who appeared in videos representing al Qaeda after the September 11, attacks on New York and Washington in 2001, had initially been picked up in Turkey…

Abu Ghaith is now being held in a detention facility in the New York City area and is expected to be charged and eventually brought to trial in federal court. The trial would most likely be in U.S. District Court in lower Manhattan, only blocks from the site of the World Trade Center, which was destroyed in the September 11 attacks, a law enforcement source said.

The number of Al Qaeda capos I recognize by name has grown very small (most of the A-team has been liquidated in, er, drone strikes) but I do recognize Ghaith. He’s been on the government’s list since shortly after 9/11; you can watch some of the videos that made him famous in counterterror circles at Foreign Policy. Peter King called it a “very significant victory,” which is true if only as a reminder to the rest that the CIA’s still coming for them after more than 10 years. What’s noteworthy here, though, is the venue: After giving up on civilian trials for top jihadis years ago and facing growing disgruntlement about secret “kill lists,” O’s going to prove his by-the-book bona fides by trying Ghaith in federal court. I’m curious to hear Paul’s reaction to that. Republicans are with him on drones, but traditionally they’ve opposed trying 9/11 degenerates in district court. This will get us right back to the “war versus law enforcement” debate on counterterrorism. Just bear one thing in mind: Whatever happens, there’s no chance Ghaith is going free. The risk here for O isn’t that Ghaith will be acquitted and end up back in Yemen ranting about nuking America or whatever, it’s that Obama will be forced to take him back into custody after he’s acquitted and figure out a pretext to keep him locked up. Not so due process-y. The odds of that scenario happening are, admittedly, exceedingly small, but there’s always a chance of a total clusterfark.

Update: And, right on cue, Graham gets the ball rolling.

“To bring this person to New York City, if that’s what happened, without letting Congress know is a very bad precedent to set,” Graham said. “The Congress has tried to tell the administration that when it comes to people like this we want them to go to Gitmo to be held for interrogation purposes.”

Kelly Ayotte joined him in his criticism, so there goes my theory about her tilting away from him and McCain.

Comments

This guy is a nit-wit. Can you imagine Biden and Brennan on Jeopardy. Two zero’s with zero.

rjoco1 on March 7, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Alexander, Burr, Coburn, Collins, Corker, Graham, Hatch, Kirk, McCain, and Murkowski should all be transferred to the other team and Flake and Rubio should sit a few games out.

steebo77 on March 7, 2013 at 6:48 PM

biden and brennan……..

Brothers……?

RealMc on March 7, 2013 at 6:49 PM

One more idiot and potential traitor we have to survive. This presidency is an endurance test.

rrpjr on March 7, 2013 at 6:50 PM

trying Ghaith in federal court

good.

sesquipedalian on March 7, 2013 at 6:53 PM

steebo77 on March 7, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Hahahah it is funny to see professionals make this middle school level mistake.

Oh wait…this isn’t the “Watch NBA team forget which basket they are defending” thread?

Lily on March 7, 2013 at 6:53 PM

I didn’t realize opposing him had become a litmus test;

Welcome to the new True Conservative Golden Age, Allah. Everything’s a friggin’ litmus test. You will vote the right way every time or you will be shunned forever.

Unless you’re Donny Trump. Then we’re cool.

KingGold on March 7, 2013 at 6:54 PM

You’d think it’d be easier to match words to votes.

I actually give kudos to McConnell for showing support while keeping it brief, and at least he backed it up with a No unlike Rubio and Flake.

theperfecteconomist on March 7, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Damn. Both of my Senators. *hangs head and cries*

WTF happened to my Red State?

ladyingray on March 7, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Well, allahpundit, you can now forget ever finding out the truth about the Benghazi 9/11 fiasco which killed four Americans.

This fox is neck deep into that whole mess and now we’ve put him in charge of the henhouse.

Forget having any scrambled eggs any more.

platypus on March 7, 2013 at 7:02 PM

The United States Congress – you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy…

turfmann on March 7, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Marcobarack Rubiobama strikes again!

Pork-Chop on March 7, 2013 at 7:04 PM

KingGold on March 7, 2013 at 6:54 PM

How DARE those filthy conservatives actually expect their representatives to represent them?

sharrukin on March 7, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Lets review,Rubio is on the floor last night,helping out Rands
FiliBusty,and then today,

he votes for Brennan,alrighty then,,,,,,WTF!!

canopfor on March 7, 2013 at 7:06 PM

I didn’t realize opposing him had become a litmus test

Lindsay made it a litmus test.

besser tot als rot on March 7, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Will Americans ever again have this level of courage or will America die?

The Battle of Athens: Restoring the Rule of Law

VorDaj on March 7, 2013 at 7:07 PM

=============================================

Um,ya,I overlooked that little detail,…oops!!

canopfor on March 7, 2013 at 7:09 PM

KingGold on March 7, 2013 at 6:54 PM

What was that again, Mittwit?

katy the mean old lady on March 7, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Never understood why the left is more interested in granting due process rights to foreigners in foreign countries who are not entitled due process, than in giving them to US citizens in the US to whom they are owed.

besser tot als rot on March 7, 2013 at 7:10 PM

KingGold on March 7, 2013 at 6:54 PM

You should talk. You have more litmus tests than anyone.

besser tot als rot on March 7, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Off topic terrible news:

Joy Behar is leaving The View.

I know this is horrible news, but try to resume your normal lives as best you can.

Captain Kirock on March 7, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Be sure to send Opie an Opie Graham. P.S. Primary that squish!

Bmore on March 7, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Obama is with the Cantrells.

VorDaj on March 7, 2013 at 7:12 PM

2014, Lindsay. 2014.

SouthernGent on March 7, 2013 at 7:13 PM

besser tot als rot on March 7, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Try to keep the annoying little details to yourself. the closet trolls will get all agitated and start posting PuffHo quotes.

platypus on March 7, 2013 at 7:13 PM

So sayeth the guy who was screaming about Rand Paul and telling us that it was “ridiculous” to question the President earlier today.

Resist We Much on March 7, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Lets review,Rubio is on the floor last night,helping out Rands
FiliBusty,and then today,

he votes for Brennan,alrighty then,,,,,,WTF!!

canopfor on March 7, 2013 at 7:06 PM

It seems like every time Rubio takes a step forward, it’s always followed by 2-3 steps backward.

bw222 on March 7, 2013 at 7:13 PM

sharrukin on March 7, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Drop the victim act. This is chest-puffing posturing and you know it.

There isn’t a single politician or candidate who satisfies all the tests you people have set forth. Many of the tests are mutually exclusive to one another, because – believe it or not – not all self-proclaimed “conservatives” are of one mind on the issues.

KingGold on March 7, 2013 at 7:14 PM

KingGold on March 7, 2013 at 6:54 PM

You’d probably be far happier as a Democrat.

bw222 on March 7, 2013 at 7:14 PM

The dimmifiscation of this administration is about complete..I don’t if it’s true or not but the former FBI agent John Guandolo said a source told him Brennan converted to Islam when he was in Saudi Arabia..Even if he isn’t a muslim he has said some pretty clueless things about Islam and especially about Jihad…God help this country..we need it

“His conversion to Islam was the culmination of a counterintelligence operation against him to recruit him,” Guandolo asserted. “The fact that foreign intelligence service operatives recruited Mr. Brennan when he was in a very sensitive and senior U.S. government position in a foreign country means that he either a traitor … [or] he has the inability to discern and understand how to walk in those kinds of environments, which makes him completely unfit to the be the director of Central Intelligence.”

sadsushi on March 7, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Lets review,Rubio is on the floor last night,helping out Rands
FiliBusty,and then today,

he votes for Brennan,alrighty then,,,,,,WTF!!

canopfor on March 7, 2013 at 7:06 PM

bw222 on March 7, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Rubio is a Two-faced little rat.

VorDaj on March 7, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Resist We Much on March 7, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Actually, it is ridiculous to think Jugears is going to respond in a rational manner.

platypus on March 7, 2013 at 7:15 PM

“I was going to vote against Brennan, until the filibuster,” Graham, of South Carolina, said Thursday. “I thought Brennan was arrogant, a bit shifty. I am going to vote for Brennan now because it’s become a referendum on the drone program.”

“I’m gonna vote for this arrogant, shifty yeller-bellied Yankee ‘cuz, like, ya know, I really am juz pea green with envy and I juz believe that we can’t think about what might happen to our sacred drone programme tomorrow, tomorrow isn’t juz another day! As God is my witness, I’ll never let a’nutta passel of mealy-mouthed, Tea Party brats get da Senate floor again!”

- Senator Lindsey Graham O’Hara (RINO-MIC, SC)

Resist We Much on March 7, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Marcobarack Rubiobama strikes again!

Pork-Chop on March 7, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Truer words….

This morning I was freaked out that the GOP was actually in tune with the American people, but the fact that the CIA director was confirmed so much easier than Hagel says I have nothing to fear. Its a shame, I thought we were actually going to have a conversation about the violence our government enacts on citizens and people around the world. I’m less freaked out about a GOP power grab, but I’m more despondent about the possibilities of the political system every producing a genuine critique of power. What to do?

libfreeordie on March 7, 2013 at 7:16 PM

2014, Lindsay. 2014.

SouthernGent on March 7, 2013 at 7:13 PM

If Miss Lucy has a primary opponent with a pulse, he/she will be well-funded.

bw222 on March 7, 2013 at 7:16 PM

You’d probably be far happier as a Democrat.

bw222 on March 7, 2013 at 7:14 PM

No, I wouldn’t. I can actually tell my friends from my enemies, unlike some people.

And it seems to me, given how many people around here seem to be b*tching about Republicans several times more often than they do about Democrats, that the opposite is true.

KingGold on March 7, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Graham gets the ball rolling.

I’m sure he blames, in his little pea brain, Rand Paul for this.

besser tot als rot on March 7, 2013 at 7:17 PM

platypus on March 7, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Yes, it is, but Senator Lindsey Graham O’Hara was calling US “ridiculous” for having such a position.

It was ridiculous for Senator O’Hara to think that Obama wouldn’t do what he just did with OBL’s SIL.

Resist We Much on March 7, 2013 at 7:18 PM

Maybe, Kirk misunderstood the question?… Okay, I’ll pay for that one.

Fallon on March 7, 2013 at 7:18 PM

What to do?

libfreeordie on March 7, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Really? You really want me to tell you what to do? Again?

Bmore on March 7, 2013 at 7:19 PM

KingGold on March 7, 2013 at 7:16 PM

I’m sure that’s why your posts are an unending stream of insults hurled at any “TruCon” who dares disagree with you on any issue.

besser tot als rot on March 7, 2013 at 7:19 PM

KingGold on March 7, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Most people here were willing to accept the liberal north-easterner Mitt Romney so you are full of crap as usual.

As others have suggested, you would be more comfortable as a Democrat.

sharrukin on March 7, 2013 at 7:19 PM

KingGold on March 7, 2013 at 7:16 PM

The irony…LOL

idesign on March 7, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Resist We Much on March 7, 2013 at 7:18 PM

As an aside, every time I read your moniker I smile and remember the face of that race hustler when he said it. It gives me hope because I’ve never met a conservative who ever said anything quite so stupid.

platypus on March 7, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Rubio is consistent in his inconsistency or something…

workingclass artist on March 7, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Intelligence.= Lack there of. This is bad, bad, news. To heII with the lot of them!

Bmore on March 7, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Vote for every White House nominee or you’re a TruCon. Wow. What’s the point of having a Republican Party?

Dongemaharu on March 7, 2013 at 7:24 PM

What to do?

libfreeordie on March 7, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Do you need a handler, sweetie?

melle1228 on March 7, 2013 at 7:27 PM

platypus on March 7, 2013 at 7:21 PM

I was watching his show that first night and nearly cracked all of my ribs laughing. Al Sharpton reading the teleprompter was like Lucy and Ethel in the chocolate factory. Damn, I’m going to start laughing uncontrollably…AGAIN! I’m not kidding!

Resist We Much on March 7, 2013 at 7:27 PM

As others have suggested, you would be more comfortable as a Democrat.

sharrukin on March 7, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Yeah I find some much crap in their posting today,because today highlights what us “trucons” have been griping about for the last few years. Here we have a victory in the Senate last night, and then two “moderate establishment” a$$es grab defeat from victory and go after their own party harder than the Dems. I am just so fed up. It isn’t the trucons who aren’t into party unity…

melle1228 on March 7, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Gotta love how the NYT is insisting that dealing with the legacy of enhanced interrogation is Job #1. I guess preventing another Benghazi and any number of other problems just don’t rate.

Christien on March 7, 2013 at 7:30 PM

canopfor on March 7, 2013 at 7:06 PM

bw222 on March 7, 2013 at 7:13 PM

bw222:Ya know,that seems to have a ring of truth to it,yes,ugh!:)

canopfor on March 7, 2013 at 7:34 PM

melle1228 on March 7, 2013 at 7:29 PM

The true nature of RINOs was made very clear with what happened with Sarah Palin. They stood with the Democrats.

That hasn’t changed and today is just more proof of that. John McCain spent most of his career knifing conservatives in the back. Party unity to them means they dictate the terms and conservatives provide votes and cash.

sharrukin on March 7, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Graham
Hatch
Kirk
McCain
Murkowski
Rubio

No surprises. They’re all worms and lowlifes.

I hope the GOP is successful in killing itself soon. It’s getting pretty boring to watch this long, drawn-out suicide attempt. The GOP needs to go on the ash-heap of history.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on March 7, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Did I miss Lindsay getting all the answers on Benghazi…?

Seven Percent Solution on March 7, 2013 at 7:41 PM

And it never stops….

FORMER BUSH ADVISER CONTINUES CRUSADE AGAINST PALIN, CONSERVATIVES

idesign on March 7, 2013 at 7:39 PM

And if anyone raised a voice in protest they scream that we need party unity while engaging in spittle flecked rants about Truecons.

sharrukin on March 7, 2013 at 7:43 PM

idesign on March 7, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Here is one for you. ; )

Bmore on March 7, 2013 at 7:56 PM

You must miss a lot, like Brennan being a Jihad Denier.

VorDaj on March 7, 2013 at 7:59 PM

And who said it was a “litmus test” anyway? Maybe you are not aware but McCain and Graham, and yes Rubio, have a lot of other negatives too.

VorDaj on March 7, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Here is one for you. ; )

Bmore on March 7, 2013 at 7:56 PM

I like the wink..;)

idesign on March 7, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Did I miss Lindsay getting all the answers on Benghazi…?

Seven Percent Solution on March 7, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Well, since he voted for Brennan, he must be confident that he will tell him everything.

VorDaj on March 7, 2013 at 8:03 PM

You must miss a lot, like Brennan being a Jihad Denier.

VorDaj on March 7, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Yep. Brennan loves himself some islamism, though I’m not sure if he’s said that the muzzie call to prayer is the most beautiful sound on Earth … yet. He’ll be a great addition to the CIA.

And Brennan ran the company whose employee did a little highly criminal illegal rummaging around in Barky’s passport records at State during the 2007 primary, ending with Quarles being shot in the head while sitting in his car in his church parking lot.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on March 7, 2013 at 8:06 PM

LOL…what a clown show you guys are some times…you don’t what’s up or down, on any given issue. Obama might be an idiot, but you guys sometimes makes it laughable that you are the opposition.

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on March 7, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Can.I.be.in.the.middle on March 7, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Withhold from participating in the conversation until you can intelligibly communicate, patriot.

tom daschle concerned on March 7, 2013 at 8:23 PM

theperfecteconomist on March 7, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Don’t give any kudos to McConnell, he’s just doing what is politically expedient. He’s up for re-election in 2014 and will be sticking close to Rand Paul. He wants some of that Tea Party support that Paul has to rub off on him. In fact he’s using Paul’s former Campaign Manager for his own re-election:-)

McConnell hired Jesse Benton, who ran Sen. Rand Paul’s (R-Ky.) 2010 victory, in September to head his reelection campaign.

A McConnell aide said Paul is McConnell’s biggest surrogate in the state and his help could quell the possibility of a Tea Party-backed primary challenge.

Bozell has already put out a mil $ ad against McConnell too.

McConnell is the same Reid/Boehner/Obama supporter he’s always been, just another Establishment Republican.

bluefox on March 7, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Did I miss Lindsay getting all the answers on Benghazi…?

Seven Percent Solution on March 7, 2013 at 7:41 PM

VorDaj on March 7, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Mark Levin ranting against Graham for distorting Rand Paul’s filibuster, said Graham could have filibustered to get info on Benghazi, but he didn’t. LOL

bluefox on March 7, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Rubio is a Two-faced little rat.

VorDaj on March 7, 2013 at 7:15 PM

Now, now. That’s Jebbies little front man, just out testing the waters for the Big Man:-)

bluefox on March 7, 2013 at 8:37 PM

Be sure to send Opie an Opie Graham. P.S. Primary that squish!

Bmore on March 7, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Another one to add to your collection. That could be a campaign poster for whoever runs against him:-)

bluefox on March 7, 2013 at 8:44 PM

You’d probably be far happier as a Democrat.

bw222 on March 7, 2013 at 7:14 PM

I’ve been trying to think of a message to send to those Senators that didn’t support Rand Paul and I think you’ve nailed it!!

Thank you!!

bluefox on March 7, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Jeb’s freakin’Waterboy Rubio voted yea! Establishment all the way Waterboy.

The vote by Rubio in support of Brennan’s nomination is the “tell” along with citing quotes from the Godfather yesterday as he spoke in support of Senator Rand Paul’s filibuster.

Compared to Senators Cruz, Paul, and Lee, Rubio came off as self-centered, insecure and juvenile during the filibuster. Not an impressive performance.

The moderate that I was impressed with was Mark Kirk who brought Senator Paul a thermos and an apple which was exactly what was brought to Mr. Smith in the movie.

“Today I settle all Family business, so don’t tell me you’re innocent, Marco.”

Jayrae on March 7, 2013 at 8:53 PM

What to do?

libfreeordie on March 7, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Would you consider returning to the “Chris Matthews” thread from last night, and RESPOND TO MY REQUEST FOR AN EXPLANATION ? !

listens2glenn on March 7, 2013 at 8:56 PM

besser tot als rot on March 7, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Obysmal has convoluted “values” and hasn’t figured out yet what America’s position is vis a vis AlQaeda.

onlineanalyst on March 7, 2013 at 9:17 PM

Did I miss the Patreus thread? You know, the one about all the newly unredacted Benghazi documents handed over yesterday showing Patreus removed all references to Al Qaida and scrubbed the word “attack” and replaced with “demonstration”?

Litmus…litmus….litmus

can_con on March 7, 2013 at 9:31 PM

KingGold on March 7, 2013 at 6:54 PM

You’d probably be far happier as a Democrat.

bw222 on March 7, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Meh. What’s the difference?

ddrintn on March 7, 2013 at 9:35 PM

KingGold on March 7, 2013 at 7:14 PM

And there isn’t a single actual conservative that you wouldn’t damn as hopelessly unelectable.

ddrintn on March 7, 2013 at 9:35 PM

KingGold on March 7, 2013 at 7:14 PM

As others have suggested, you would be more comfortable as a Democrat.

sharrukin on March 7, 2013 at 7:19 PM

No kidding. That’s why most of us sucked it up, plugged our nose and went and voted Romney. Because we’re unreasonable.

We’ve done that now for two RINOs. Maybe you’re satisfied with a half arsed attempt at conservatism, but at some point the battered voter says enough and believes that if they are going to lose at least lose with their principles.

That has now happened.

kim roy on March 7, 2013 at 9:36 PM

That has now happened.

kim roy on March 7, 2013 at 9:36 PM

It’s been getting worse every election cycle. For some John McCain in 2008 was the final straw, others couldn’t get on board with Romney, but for many it was the Romney defeat while carrying out the RINO playbook, and then being told even that was the fault of filthy conservatives.

sharrukin on March 7, 2013 at 9:40 PM

sharrukin on March 7, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Yep.

That’s why it wouldn’t surprise me if they starting seriously pushing Christie at us. That’s about as close to the dems as one can get without formally crossing over.

Shilled for Romney because I felt that Obama was that bad. Will never regret that decision, but that’s it. Never again.

kim roy on March 7, 2013 at 9:47 PM

can_con on March 7, 2013 at 9:31 PM

It was hacked!

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on March 7, 2013 at 9:56 PM

KingGold

And yet, the democrats seem to have no problem finding those kind of candidates. Go figure.

xblade on March 7, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Will Americans ever again have this level of courage or will America die?

The Battle of Athens: Restoring the Rule of Law

VorDaj on March 7, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Interesting, thanks!

Dr. ZhivBlago on March 7, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Will Americans ever again have this level of courage or will America die?The Battle of Athens: Restoring the Rule of LawVorDaj on March 7, 2013 at 7:07 PM

and ever since, the corrupted cronies worked relentlessly to roll back our rights. To roll back the things we took for granted that had practical uses but in a pinch used to bring down corrupt politicians. Guns you ask? Yeah eventually. But more specifically dynamite. 60 years ago anyone could pick up stick without nary a mother may I? Now it takes all kinds of certifications and licenses to even get near them. The progs have watched and learned. In 60 years no one but the certified and vetted may ever touch a gun. And our Gandhi’s would marvel that people even had a gun at home.

Doesn’t have to be and it won’t if we stand and say no more!! No more whistling away our God -given rights in the name of security or even ‘for the kid’s.

AH_C on March 8, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Just bizarre to see this creep heading up the CIA. Even after all that’s transpired over the last four years, this is a new low. A new dark precedent. They’ve actually found the one guy more sleazy, corrupt and anti-American than Eric Holder.

What’s with these yes on cloture and no on confirmation votes? You can’t just vote no and no again? This devil needed to be stopped. Bagel Hegel is just a dope, just a puppet and fitting front-man for this White House. Brennan’s a danger in his own right; probably not controlled by anyone in or close to the White House and answering directly to the Cartel that installed “Obama”.

Thanks for this, you GOPe schitz.

sartana on March 8, 2013 at 5:08 AM

Marco Rubio SELLS OUT AGAIN. First he has questionable at best attitude towards guns (supports more regulations, when the real problem is MENTAL ISSUES) then his stance on immigration is a problem, and the worst of all? VOTED FOR JOHN BRENNAN?!?!? RUBIO THE RINO IS DONE. OVER!

Are we gonna hear Glenn Beck defend this coward sell out like he did Rand Paul? Oh Rand Paul the massive sellout who voted to confirm 3 RADICAL NUTS for Obama…but “HEY, look he had a filibuster-whoopee!”

dave_ross on March 8, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Alexander
Burr
Coats
Coburn
Collins
Corker
Flake
Graham
Hatch
Kirk
McCain
Murkowski
Rubio

Not a damn one on that list I would vote for for anything.

bgibbs1000 on March 8, 2013 at 11:07 AM

2014, Lindsay. 2014.

SouthernGent on March 7, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Dream on, SG.

I would love to be rid of this piece of liberal garbage, but South Carolina isn’t up to it.

Jaibones on March 8, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Not a damn one on that list I would vote for for anything.

bgibbs1000 on March 8, 2013 at 11:07 AM

I don’t know a lot about some of them, but what I know about the ones I do tells me that not a single person on that list should even have been elected mayor of Petticoat Junction.

MelonCollie on March 8, 2013 at 12:58 PM

The important thing is that McCain is probably going to retire after this term. I say probably because I don’t believe anything a professional politician says. Graham will probably be challenged in a primary by a constitutional conservative the next time he comes up for re-election. Hopefully he can be defeated this time. Rubio is moving to the center postioning himself for a presdential run. He just lost my support. Rand Paul is still his father’s son and until he proves he isn’t the complete flake his father is, he won’t earn my support. I’m very, very concerned about the future. I much fear that Hillary will be our next president, and the country is doomed. (Jeb Bush is a non-factor as far as I am concerned.)

georgeofthedesert on March 9, 2013 at 12:01 PM