Fox News anchor offers to save White House tours, with his wallet

posted at 9:41 pm on March 7, 2013 by Mary Katharine Ham

As long as we’re shark-jumping, President Obama, let’s pole vault these suckers, shall we?

The White House’s transparently petty decision to inflict sequester’s pain on America’s middle-schoolers (as if those years aren’t tough enough) revealed its sequestration doomsaying as silly and its post-doomsaying behavior as spiteful. In a rare good PR turn for Republicans, what was meant to make them look like heartless meanies has held the White House up for ridicule for its utter unwillingness to prioritize. Upon hearing the estimates that the White House’s cancellation of tours might save the administration $18,000-$72,000 a week, Fox News anchor Eric Bolling— I’m sure they’re fans at the White House— decided to come to the aid of The Children.

In a Facebook post on Thursday, anchor Eric Bolling announced that he will offer to personally pay the costs to keep the tours at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue open for a week.

During Thursday evening’s episode of “The Five,” Bolling elaborated. “I will absolutely write the check if they open the doors next week.”

“I’ll make you a deal Mr. President…Let these families take their White House tours next week and I’ll cover the added expenses. Word is it will cost around $74,000.”

Referencing White House press secretary Jay Carney, the Fox host added: “Mr Carney, you know this an offer you can’t refuse. Give me a call.”

Grab your popcorn, everyone, and the kids of St. Paul’s Lutheran School, grab your bags:

Meanwhile, the sequester saga is ongoing, as Carney assures us today that while White House tours are out, the White House Easter Egg Roll is safe:

“I would refer both to the East Wing and the Secret Service, but it’s my understanding that as of now, the decision has been made that the Easter Egg Roll will go forward,” Carney said.

On Tuesday, the Obama administration announced it was canceling tours of the White House indefinitely due to “staffing reductions resulting from sequestration.”

Asked why the Easter Egg Roll would continue when tours had been canceled, Carney characterized the decision as similar to “choices you make all the time” about budget issues.

“This is about trade-offs. Because when you have the kind of severe cuts that the sequester represents, you have to reduce your budget accordingly. And then you have to make choices about what you do and what you don’t,” Carney said.

Earlier in his briefing with reporters, Carney defended the decision to cancel the tours, saying it was emblematic of the tough decisions forced by the sequester.

Yes, it is about trade-offs. The Easter Egg Roll is a one-time event, so is no doubt cheaper than weekly tours. It’s also a small event, with a lottery system for commoners, and a bunch of appearances by the progeny of government staffers, political appointees, lobbyists, and visiting Hollywood stars. I’m sure the Reese Witherspoon photo-ops (and she did look fab!) have nothing to do with its being spared while the tours for the hoi polloi are jettisoned.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Clapping for Bolling and Hannity.

Also of note is that Newt Gingrich said he would help fundraise to keep the tours going.

CoffeeLover on March 7, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Nice move Eric.

can_con on March 7, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Heh.

joejm65 on March 7, 2013 at 9:47 PM

That’s right you dirtbag, deny kids, thought you were all about the kids eh?

Oh yes, you’ll make cuts alright, nasty spiteful mean stupid cuts cuz that’s who you are dirtbag…

Scrumpy on March 7, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Is there a Nobel Prize for pettiness?

Curtiss on March 7, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Bravo to Eric and Sean…!!

Scrumpy on March 7, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Ha! That’s great PR – for the cause and for himself :)

BJ* on March 7, 2013 at 9:49 PM

I will through in few..

As long as I am removed from Obama’s kill list..

Electrongod on March 7, 2013 at 9:49 PM

The knife slides in and then comes the twist.

I hope all sorts of conservatives pile-on and offer to pay for more tours, that would be the downward withdrawing of the blade and the subsequent gutting.

Bishop on March 7, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Come on Karl, use your American Crossroads to film some of the families who have had to cancel their trips to see the People’s House.

Bronco Bama, why can’t we come to Washington?

can_con on March 7, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Hey Scrumpy…how are you?

Typical Lib….spend others money for the needy, women and kids unless and until it interfers with his priority…like golfing. Read today he’s already getting ready for vacation in Martha’s Vineyard in August.

CoffeeLover on March 7, 2013 at 9:51 PM

I’m here.

Rusty Allen on March 7, 2013 at 9:52 PM

oh sheesh Matthews clip…Obama is the “perfect American” and then proceeds to bring up race as to why we all HATE O.

Hannity just showed the clip…ugh

CoffeeLover on March 7, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Correction…

“throw..”

Like a shoe..

Electrongod on March 7, 2013 at 9:53 PM

BUT…there’s still plenty of money for THIS

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2013 at 9:53 PM

This is stupid. If the GOP had backbone they’d launch a nuclear ad campaign going after the Dems tooth and nail on this.

But they don’t…So they will again be blamed…

Raquel Pinkbullet on March 7, 2013 at 9:57 PM

How many weeks will Al Gore, the Pelosi family or Warren Buffet cover…?

NeoKong on March 7, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Thanks Eric & Sean, nice gesture. Let’s see if the W.H. Occupant cares for the children as he pretends to.

Shame them as they deserve to be shamed.

Guess money for Egypt takes priority over the children of the United States.

Show the American people what you are really made of, as they are all watching.

bluefox on March 7, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Is the slope of the Obama Messiah-Curve bending?

Or is it my just my imagination?

Curtiss on March 7, 2013 at 9:59 PM

That’s the way the wealthier among us should use their money – it’s called charity, an old-fashioned concept.

Of course, thrashing a petty two year old is a bonus!

OldEnglish on March 7, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Good evening Scrumpy!!!

I thought Conservatives were stingy?
Someone call Mitt. He could fund them for quite a while. Trump? Rush?

wolly4321 on March 7, 2013 at 10:00 PM

FABULOUS move by the FNC employees… it will truly GRATE the LSM to have to cover this…

Heh…

Khun Joe on March 7, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Rand Paul should ask if obambi will drone the Easter Bunny.

VegasRick on March 7, 2013 at 10:01 PM

CoffeeLover on March 7, 2013 at 9:51 PM

I am much better thank you. How are you?

Scrumpy on March 7, 2013 at 10:01 PM

I’d pay $73,000 to have the White House doors and windows welded shut.

Who the hell wants to visit that third world sh!thole, anyway? If they want the experience they can go walk the streets of Jakarta, hunting and eating local dogs, praying at the mosque …

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on March 7, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Is there a Nobel Prize for pettiness?

Curtiss on March 7, 2013 at 9:48 PM

An Oscar?

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on March 7, 2013 at 10:03 PM

thatsafactjack on March 7, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Hi Jackie, the punk in chief makes me so sick to my heart…

His reasoning is unfathomable…

Scrumpy on March 7, 2013 at 10:03 PM

My guess here is that the White House has loathed having smelly tourists in their midst from the very beginning of this administration. Some bright spark figured out that they could get rid of the tours and ramp up the sequestration paranoia in one stroke.

In the meantime the White House calligrapher and her two assistants jobs seem to be safe despite the $200K they collectively pull down in salary for essentially having good penmanship. As relevant to the running of the White House in 2013 as a guy employed to run the stable.

Happy Nomad on March 7, 2013 at 10:03 PM

The White House War on Children!

canopfor on March 7, 2013 at 10:04 PM

doing ok Scrumpy glad you are doing better too!

CoffeeLover on March 7, 2013 at 10:05 PM

wolly4321 on March 7, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Hey wolly!!

Yeah that’s the meme that the LSM media likes to put forth, I would love to see more conservatives come forth, and then sit back and watch dems dip into their bank accounts For The Kids!!

I bet the bastages won’t…

Scrumpy on March 7, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Better than visiting the White House, take the kiddies to a showing of The Year of Living Dangerously so they can see the world that Barky was raised in and what he’s been working on implementing here.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on March 7, 2013 at 10:05 PM

If everyone has to make sacrifices, sacrifice some of those First Family vacations to pay for the tours. The Christmas vacation to Hawaii would have paid for 97 to 338 weeks of tours (based on $18,000 to $72,000 per week). How much do We the People pay for each golf game? I think there is some room for redistribution there.

DAT60A3 on March 7, 2013 at 10:07 PM

canopfor on March 7, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Exactly that!! Howdy Canopfor… hope all is well with you…

Scrumpy on March 7, 2013 at 10:07 PM

the White House Easter Egg Roll is safe:
==========================================

I do wonder,that if POTUSA/FLOTUSA,had no chillin,
would there still be a Easter Egg Roll!!

canopfor on March 7, 2013 at 10:07 PM

DAT60A3 on March 7, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Oh absolutely, let 0 redistribute some of that money, and forgo his next most much needed vacation cuz he works so hard poor slob.

Pox on them dems…

Scrumpy on March 7, 2013 at 10:09 PM

canopfor on March 7, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Exactly that!! Howdy Canopfor… hope all is well with you…

Scrumpy on March 7, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Scrumpy:

Why thank-you Scrump,everything is tickety-boo,execpt
for the DMZ Zone,its getting hot,..d*mn hot!!:)

canopfor on March 7, 2013 at 10:10 PM

The White House War on Children!

canopfor on March 7, 2013 at 10:04 PM

At least they survived….

It’s must be tough to tour the WH with a man holding this office that don’t give a sh!t.

Electrongod on March 7, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Thank Gawd,there was no Easter Egg SeQuestration!!

canopfor on March 7, 2013 at 10:13 PM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on March 7, 2013 at 10:05 PM

The White House tour is over-rated anyway. It’s one of those things you “have to do” like going to the Hofbräuhaus in Munich. DC is filled with awesome experiences without seeing the public rooms in the White House as reimagined by Jackie Kennedy’s staff in the 1960s without any sort of historical basis or thought other than creating “pretty” rooms.

Happy Nomad on March 7, 2013 at 10:13 PM

would it be possible to chip in, get some friends together, all pile in some chips, for the EPA to NOT open for a week?

t8stlikchkn on March 7, 2013 at 10:14 PM

lol Easter Egg SeQuestration LOL

EG….isn’t that the truth!

CoffeeLover on March 7, 2013 at 10:14 PM

canopfor on March 7, 2013 at 10:04 PM

At least they survived….

Electrongod on March 7, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Electrongod:Yup,Dictator in Reparation Thief,er,I mean Chief!!

canopfor on March 7, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Happy Nomad on March 7, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Ain’t that the truth. Kids prefer the Air and Space museum. I’m sure Barky is working to shut that down. Maybe he’ll hit it with a drone strike. There’s lots of weaponry in there …

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on March 7, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Heh…

Khun Joe on March 7, 2013 at 10:01 PM

It will grate them even more if they are shamed into having to pry open their own wallets to match the contributions made by FNC employees.

Liberals, only generous with other people’s money.

Resist We Much on March 7, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Can you even imagine any of the following shutting down tours due to “budget cuts decreases in the rate of increase”?

Reagan
Bush 1
Bush 2
Kennedy
Ford
Clinton (yah, even him)
Carter

Take 1 damn less vacation you Maroon.

can_con on March 7, 2013 at 10:18 PM

…this is going to make the spittle fly out of Chrissy Matthew’s ears!

KOOLAID2 on March 7, 2013 at 10:18 PM

canopfor on March 7, 2013 at 10:10 PM

So I have seen, hope it’s just posturing, praying that :-)

Scrumpy on March 7, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Well,I can imagine Reids thoughts,about all those visitors that
smell and stink,er,at the Capitol Tours!!

Harry Reid Doesn’t Like Smelly Tourists
***************************************

canopfor on March 7, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Why thank-you Scrump,everything is tickety-boo,execpt
for the DMZ Zone,its getting hot,..d*mn hot!!:)

canopfor on March 7, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Is that the area between the bedrooms in which POTUS and FLOTUS sleep — kind of like the miles apart used by the Clintons? ;-)

ShainS on March 7, 2013 at 10:19 PM

KOOLAID2 on March 7, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Not another orifice! Please! Lmao… :-D

Scrumpy on March 7, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Could someone photo shop a group of children on the White House lawn and obama yelling ‘Get off my lawn’?

countrybumpkin on March 7, 2013 at 10:21 PM

canopfor on March 7, 2013 at 10:10 PM

ShainS on March 7, 2013 at 10:19 PM

ShainS:Very close,…North Korea:)

canopfor on March 7, 2013 at 10:21 PM

I think it’s way past time that we start to point out the failed ideology of Obowma and the Left that has caused all of this…

… Take off the gloves and call in the ‘Death Star’, go after the political elite ruling class, the bureaucrats, and start to list the waste, fraud, and abuse.

I would like to see a filibuster in the House and Senate just reading off wasteful spending…

Seven Percent Solution on March 7, 2013 at 10:21 PM

canopfor on March 7, 2013 at 10:19 PM

My my I soooooo remember that one!!

Dems are all sick in the head heartless moronic idiots…

Scrumpy on March 7, 2013 at 10:21 PM

countrybumpkin on March 7, 2013 at 10:21 PM

If Bmore isn’t too busy, I am sure he’d oblige, or RWM even!!

Scrumpy on March 7, 2013 at 10:22 PM

countrybumpkin on March 7, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Not yelling, holding an R/C remote with a Drone off in the distance launching a Hellfire.

Bishop on March 7, 2013 at 10:27 PM

canopfor on March 7, 2013 at 10:10 PM

So I have seen, hope it’s just posturing, praying that :-)

Scrumpy on March 7, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Scrumpy:Yup,Non-Agression Treaties dumped,and the phone un-plugged,
and the very latest,like now:)
======================================

North Korea military threats after UN sanctions

N. Korean general: Pyongyang has nuke-tipped long-range missiles on standby – @YonhapNews

8 mins ago from english.yonhapnews.co.kr by editor
======================================================

canopfor on March 7, 2013 at 10:28 PM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on March 7, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Not just the Smithsonian though I am sure there is a plan afoot to limit access due to sequestration. DC is so much more than a tour of the Capitol, White House, Lincoln Memorial, and Washington Monument (before it was shut down a couple of years ago because of the earthquake). There is the WWII memorial. Nearby is the Vietnam and Korean war memorials. You could also take the kiddies to the Holocaust Museum, the Spy Museum, or the Newseum. Mount Vernon is nearby. Old Town Alexandria is just across the river as well.

My point is this. You can visit DC and teach your kids about so much of our history without ever seeing in person the White House dish collection, paintings of long-dead first ladies, or a bunch of rooms decorated in the 1960s with antiques that have no connection to the history of the Executive Mansion whatsoever.

Happy Nomad on March 7, 2013 at 10:30 PM

A nice gesture, but more importantly it is another attempt to seize the narrative.

Breitbart would be pleased.

It has been a long, cold winter on the outside of the narrative looking in. Time we shoved our way up next to the fire and threw on a few logs of our own.

novaculus on March 7, 2013 at 10:30 PM

North Korea military threats after UN sanctions

8 mins ago from english.yonhapnews.co.kr by editor
======================================================

canopfor on March 7, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Well isn’t that ducky! Thanks Canofor.

CoffeeLover on March 7, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Hi Ham. Is this QOTD?

SparkPlug on March 7, 2013 at 10:31 PM

I did the DC tours. Back in the late 70′s I guess. Early 80′s. Family trips and school trips. They were cool. Smithsonion.

Honestly, that was a different time. I wouldn’t want my kid to go there now. I went back east a month ago after a looong hiatus. The place is gone.

Only thing I would be interested in visiting again is the Civil War battlefields.

I grew up in Md,, and it’s so sad. I have seen demise on an epic scale.

I watch a movie like Gettysburg, and I relate. I fished the Potomac.

I know these places, well. And it hurts that I had to leave them.

But like DC,,, they are gone.

wolly4321 on March 7, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Washington even manages to somehow impose a hefty price tag on having a bunch of people walk through a building.

Dr. ZhivBlago on March 7, 2013 at 10:31 PM

canopfor on March 7, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Holy Canoli! This has escalated since I saw it a few hrs ago…

If they do do this, man, the west coast better be ready, also Hawaii!

Scrumpy on March 7, 2013 at 10:32 PM

countrybumpkin on March 7, 2013 at 10:21 PM

I remember some pathetic interview with Barky where he called the White house lawn “my lawn”. He thinks the White House is his personal property.

I am still amazed that this miserably retarded POS hasn’t been impeached and jailed. History is going to treat this population of Americans very harshly (even those of us who fought against this). We will be a cautionary tale for civilized people for millenia to come and a laughing stock. Deservedly so.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on March 7, 2013 at 10:33 PM

countrybumpkin on March 7, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Bishop on March 7, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Bishop:

You know Bishop,a pile of loot can be made from a miniture Missile Ballistic Force that can neutralize UAV gizmos,er,drones,kinda like a Missile
Shield!!

Start from a front/backyard version,then scale up!!

Er wait,d*mmitt,Hell-Fires are gonna be a problem,even
if there micro-sized,……I`ll git back to ya!!!:)

(snark):)

canopfor on March 7, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Liberals, only generous with other people’s money.

Resist We Much on March 7, 2013 at 10:18 PM

You are right Much.

SparkPlug on March 7, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Whats going on here. In chronological order WH said the tours save 18K each week, CNN News said 38K each week, ABC News said 74K. Then Yahoo and Politico must read ABC News because they parrots the same 74K.
Does any one know or really care? Maybe the whole deal here is just to get everyone up set about budget cuts and has nothing to do with reality or the truth.

MissTwiLies Run & Hide CYA
(Misleading, Twists and Lies)

jpcpt03 on March 7, 2013 at 10:36 PM

CANOPFOR likes Canoli!

I bet he would love scrumpdoodles with kerfuffle sauce.

SparkPlug on March 7, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Fine. I don’t care.

Rusty Allen on March 7, 2013 at 10:39 PM

canopfor on March 7, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Holy Canoli! This has escalated since I saw it a few hrs ago…

If they do do this, man, the west coast better be ready, also Hawaii!

Scrumpy on March 7, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Scrumpy:

Yup,its Missile ShootDown time,and AllahP,has thee very latest:)

canopfor on March 7, 2013 at 10:40 PM

SparkPlug on March 7, 2013 at 10:37 PM

I loves kerfuffle sauce ;-) Pour it on me!! ;-P

Scrumpy on March 7, 2013 at 10:41 PM

canopfor on March 7, 2013 at 10:40 PM

I looked, you got it!!

Scrumpy on March 7, 2013 at 10:43 PM

I’d guess that Obama would only be too happy to pay for a week too… but Tony Rezko is still in jail and Obama wouldn’t want to actually pay for it with his own money.

RJL on March 7, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Moochelle has been trying to find a way to kill the tours anyway.

It’s inconvenient for her to have to gather up the tubs of Ben and Jerry’s and turn off Oprah while the commoners are roaming the crib.

BacaDog on March 7, 2013 at 10:43 PM

But like DC,,, they are gone.

wolly4321 on March 7, 2013 at 10:31 PM

The DC of the 70s certainly. I grew up here.

You could actually walk into the Capitol without going through all the security. You only needed to line up to see the White House China. It was a different time and place.

And don’t think that some of this isn’t by design. The Congress used the excuse of the anthrax attacks to limit actually having to answer real mail. The 9/11/01 atrocities was very much why you can only access the Capitol through the “visitors center.” And as I posted above, I truly think that sequestration was an excuse to keep visitors (other than those willing to fork over $500K to Obama) away from the White House.

I’m glad I knew the old Washington and find the new one offensive.

Happy Nomad on March 7, 2013 at 10:45 PM

CANOPFOR likes Canoli!

I bet he would love scrumpdoodles with kerfuffle sauce.

SparkPlug on March 7, 2013 at 10:37 PM

SparkPlug:

Hmmm,tasty sweet goo stuff pastry,yummy!:)

canopfor on March 7, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Asked why the Easter Egg Roll would continue when tours had been canceled…

Too easy, the children of the White House Press Corps have fun at the Easter Egg Roll and they’ve all already had several tours of the White House.

RJL on March 7, 2013 at 10:47 PM

canopfor on March 7, 2013 at 10:40 PM

I looked, you got it!!

Scrumpy on March 7, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Scrumpy:-O

canopfor on March 7, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Clapping for Bolling and Hannity.

CoffeeLover on March 7, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Anybody have a way of contacting the Koch Brothers?

If they made a commercial offering to fund the tours indefinitely (in return for a plaque noting their generous contribution) , I’d bet that would motivate the SCOAMF to re-order the funding priorities (and get his panties in twist to boot).

PolAgnostic on March 7, 2013 at 10:49 PM

What’s the toll up too, to cross the Francis Scott Key bridge now-a-days?

You would think that bridge would be free, huh?

Oh, say can you see… how much it cost to visit Ft. Mchenry?

My great grandmother used to take me there all the time.

wolly4321 on March 7, 2013 at 10:53 PM

jpcpt03 on March 7, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Ya think? Sequestration became the law but this administration is intent on making it as painful as possible on the American public. It is a mere 2.3% decrease in federal spending and we have to cancel Blue Angel/Thunderbird performances, turn people away from White House tours, and all this other stuff? What happened to firing every tenth government employee or other things that should happen if the administration takes sequestration seriously instead of a mere inconvenience until Congress restores funding?

We need to have serious discussions about the size and scope of government and the rat-eared bastard is turning off tours and airshows but not the Easter Egg roll.

Happy Nomad on March 7, 2013 at 10:54 PM

What’s the toll up too, to cross the Francis Scott Key bridge now-a-days?

wolly4321 on March 7, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Well now you bring up an intresting question. Of course the Key Bridge is free but if you want to set up toll booths, do you make motorists pay both ways or just to get out of the District?

And BTW, you really need to go back to Fort McHenry for a visit. The new visitor center (built ahead of the War of 1812 commemorations) is pretty impressive.

Happy Nomad on March 7, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Congress has some wealthy members. They should chip in.

INC on March 7, 2013 at 11:01 PM

I’m glad I saw the old Washington, too. Equally disturbed by the new one.

There’s no majesty left.

I grew up in Havre De Grace. Steeped in history.

wolly4321 on March 7, 2013 at 11:04 PM

OR – cut about 10 employees from the EPA….

EPA only adds to the regulation burden anyway.

While we are at it…..Cut the NLRB totally….more needless regulation.

The Dept. of Energy only impedes the progress to energy self-sufficiency,
let’s cut that Dept. out totally – that would save – $30 Billion per year.

redguy on March 7, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Every time you go to the airport – ask the TSA agent to pose for photos so you can see what your $50 million in tax dollars paid for.

redguy on March 7, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Great Americans.

crosspatch on March 7, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Easter Egg Roll was good when you had to camp on the Mall to get tickets. The online lottery system is stupid.

besser tot als rot on March 7, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Me and then 7 year old Spawn took the tour in early July, 2001. We stood in line all of 10 minutes thanks to passes that we got from then congressman…Jesse Jackson Jr.
*I still have the tee I was wearing 7/4/2001 in DC.. It has a faded flag on it…and still fits.*

annoyinglittletwerp on March 8, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Clapping for Bolling and Hannity.

CoffeeLover on March 7, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Maybe Rush could do a big bake sale or something?

Actually his act wasn’t just petty–it was arrogantly vindictive for to get back (by proxy) at those who dared to force him into his own sequester trap. This exposed Obama’s soul to the little folks for what a small man he truly is more than all the high-level GOP economic lessons ever could.
This is how you fight back to save the economy–and our nation, stand up and duke it out with him on every issue, and if he knocks you down, never back down, don’t cry, (are you listening Boehner) get up and get back into it.

Don L on March 8, 2013 at 5:09 AM

Soetoro once again exposes himself as a petty douchebag.

BHO Jonestown on March 8, 2013 at 6:17 AM

Heh. I’ve banned myself from Fox News that past four months (I refuse to watch the scum on MSNBC), but how sweet it is that conservative pundits not only beat the liberal dung over helping the little guy and his family, but nobody from MSNBC has seemed fit to follow suit. Typical. Liberal. Liars.

HiJack on March 8, 2013 at 6:48 AM

countrybumpkin on March 7, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Someone would also have to photoshop the dog-eater holding a Garand at the ready. THAT would be laughable.

HiJack on March 8, 2013 at 6:58 AM

Bill Gates wanted to help but all his cash goes to Planned Parenthood.

crash72 on March 8, 2013 at 6:59 AM

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on March 7, 2013 at 10:33 PM

It’s called collective guilt.

And it happens all of the time. A contemporaneous example is the cry for reparations for slavery and Jim Crow. The welfare nanny state, anti-discrimination legislation, affirmative action, heavily subsidize colleged educations, lowering of educational standards, and “hate crimes” legislation and penalties are not enough.

farsighted on March 8, 2013 at 7:00 AM

Soetoro once again exposes himself as a petty douchebag.

BHO Jonestown on March 8, 2013 at 6:17 AM