Quotes of the day

posted at 10:21 pm on March 6, 2013 by Allahpundit

Kentucky Senator Rand Paul’s hours-long, multi-senator filibuster of John Brennan’s CIA director nomination has accomplished a rare feat: questions about targeted killing and the drone program have vaulted from the fringes to the forefront of Washington conversation, and it’s lasted nearly an entire day.

Civil libertarians have, finally, arrived.

“You would hope that the question of whether the president can on his own authority kill citizens in the U.S. would have come to the forefront as soon as it was floated,” said David Boaz, executive vice president of the libertarian Cato Institute. “But it seems like it took this particular circumstance to get people talking about it.”…

“Amazing that it’s a Republican,” Shank said.

***

Sen. Rand Paul just offered to end his filibuster and allow a vote on CIA nominee John Brennan if he could get a vote tomorrow on a non-binding resolution regarding drone killing of US citizens on US soil. But Assistant Majority Leader Dick Durbin objected to allowing a vote on the resolution. So Paul resumed speaking.

Paul’s resolution said it was the sense of the Senate that “the use of drones to execute or target American citizens on American soil who pose no imminent threat clearly violates Constitutional rights” of due process.

***

When an administration official claims that there are no viable reports of civilian casualties, belief is beggared. That’s either a lie or hopeful blindness. So many people read into the strategy have admitted casualties. And a growing number of officials, including the former Director of National Intelligence, Dennis Blair, think parts of it are counter-productive. The former commanding general of the Joint Special Operations Command, Gen. Stanley McChrystal, is another critic. Neither opposes “targeted killing” of confirmed terrorists. Both find fault with the political-military policy that institutionalizes it.

What is that policy? No one knows. Really. We don’t. No one can explain it beyond a vague mumble about al Qaeda.

But the president is busy with other things.

He ought to change his priorities…

Obama needs to get this right. It can’t be done entirely in secret.

***

Sen. Rand Paul’s filibuster will inevitably fail at its immediate objective: derailing John Brennan’s nomination to run the CIA. But as it stretches into its sixth hour, it’s already accomplished something far more significant: raising political alarm over the extraordinary breadth of the legal claims that undergird the boundless, 11-plus-year “war on terrorism.”…

Paul sometimes seemed to object to the specific platform of drones used against Americans more than [he] did the platform-independent subject of targeted killing. But Paul actually centered his long monologue on the expansive legal claims implied by targeting Americans for due-process-free execution: “If you get on a kill list, it’s kind of hard to complain… If you’re accused of a crime, I guess that’s it. … I don’t want a politician deciding my innocence or guilt.” Paul threw in criticisms of other aspects of the war on terrorism beyond targeted killing, from widespread surveillance of Americans to the abuses of state/Homeland Security intelligence “fusion centers.”…

It would be foolish to presume that Paul’s moment in the spotlight heralds a new Senate willingness to roll back the expanses of the post-9/11 security apparatus. Rubio, for instance, stopped short of endorsing any of Paul’s substantive criticisms of the war. But Paul did manage to shift what political scientists call the Overton Window — the acceptable center of gravity of discussion…

Paul’s filibuster posed a challenge to the Senate more than it does Brennan or President Obama. “Is perpetual war OK with everybody?” he asked.

***

RAND PAUL’S STAND against John Brennan’s nomination as CIA director is doing the right thing for the wrong reason. Brennan has a reputation inside the intelligence community for “failing upward” and would likely not be a stellar DCI. But Sen. Paul’s objection — that Obama might use drones to kill Americans on U.S. soil — is actually dangerous. In reality, you want the president to be able to kill Americans who are attacking civilians without a court order. Does any body really think that Lincoln have gotten a warrant every time the confederates took a shot at federal property. Should George Washington have had to get a judge’s approval to fire on the rebels in the 1794 Whiskey Rebellion? When people take up arms against our country, they are making war on us–not engaging in criminal activity. If Sen. Paul’s prevails, they will have all of the protections of criminal law–and the public will have none of the protections of military force. Hardly a good bargain.

***

Israel’s highest court wrestled with the same issue in 2006, ruling that it was legal for the military to kill a terrorist even if that terrorist was engaged in ordinary, everyday activity, though that power was carefully circumscribed and not to be used if other means are available.

It is the function being performed by a person, not their physical distance from the battlefield (e.g. in a café), that defines that person as a combatant.

The U.S. government wants the power to target people, including U.S. citizens, who are unlawful combatants disguised as civilians. It likely has that power under the Constitution.

Sen. Paul is confusing the issue somewhat by suggesting that the government wants the power to target people who are definite non-combatants. He is right that the Constitution does not grant that power, and that individual liberties come first regardless. But he is wrong about the distinction between combatants and non-combatants, which is really the core of the problem.

***

This filibuster excites me for the same reasons — a return to the Old Ways, the ways that actually work, the way American politics is actually supposed to be conducted, with Senators offering thoughtful defenses of their positions and, above all, insisting that this nation is We the People not We the Ministers & Lesser Bureaucratic Warlords of Whatever Current Government the Public Has Had the Folly to Install In Office.

I don’t entirely agree with Rand Paul, at least if he’s arguing for an absolute bar– the Terrorist On His Way To Deliver a Working Nuke to NYC obviously (to me anyway) merits a unilateral exercise of prophylactic lethal force (assuming time won’t permit regular order to be followed).

But this filibuster is bigger even than that issue (which is itself large). This filibuster is about the basic character of a Democratic Republic, and restoring that character to good working order.

***

Tea Party groups are already rallying to the cause. The conservative group FreedomWorks issued a statement Wednesday afternoon calling for other senators to “Stand with Rand.”

The NRSC also tweeted support of the filibuster, asking followers to “stand with us…

The support of other Republicans has the potential to boost Paul’s political standing.

One of his biggest political hurdles, should he run for the presidency, is appealing to mainstream conservatives wary of his libertarian foreign policy streak. The backing of his Senate Tea Party compatriots (and others) on this high-profile filibuster could help him do just that.

***

But if Paul is waiting for an official White House response to his efforts, it seems he won’t be getting one anytime soon.

For now, the White House tells POLITICO, it has nothing to say.

Via John Sexton, from 2007:

Get More:
Music News

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 5

Keep it up…

Let it be heard..

Electrongod on March 6, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Paul!!

KCB on March 6, 2013 at 10:25 PM

It’s time to fight back….

Electrongod on March 6, 2013 at 10:25 PM

Because I can kill whomever I want whenever I want, I will, and whenever the whim strikes me and none of you are man enough to stop me. Nah, nah, nah. I won! I won! I won! Now bow before Paul Ryan or I will smite you too. I know your name and your address or can find out pretty quickly from one of my faithful servants, uniformed or nonuniformed. And remember even if my drones miss somehow, I’ve still got all those hundreds of millions of hollow points distributed out among my faithful at numerous of my faithful agencies. Maybe if you knell before me and kiss my hand or my feet or my you know what, someday I will have a low ranking staff member cobble something together where I grant myself official authority to kill whomever I want whenever I want and for whatever reason I want and put it out on the internet for all you peons to fawn over like I have trained you to do. Or maybe I won’t. It all depends on my mood and how I did on the golf course. – Pharaoh and Supreme Ruler, Obama Zod

VorDaj on March 6, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Paul!!

KCB on March 6, 2013 at 10:25 PM

well said..

Electrongod on March 6, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Now bow before me Paul Ryan or I will smite you too.

VorDaj on March 6, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Stand with Rand!

eyesky on March 6, 2013 at 10:28 PM

I hate to get all goosey about this but I’m really hoping this is a start of all sorts of Americans rising up and telling not only Barky but government in general to go eff themselves.

Bishop on March 6, 2013 at 10:30 PM

More importantly, it violates “posse comitatus”. Meanwhile, we have an administration that is actively aiding and abetting a foreign invasion (as ten or twenty or thirty million illegals infiltrating our borders is nothing less than an invasion) and is even attacking American states that try to defend themselves against it, not to mention allying with a foreign state that is sponsoring and promoting this invasion.

If there were anywhere on American territory that a drone strike to stop an invasion could legally occur …

I hope Rand keeps this going and shames the GOP cowards who are dying to fold on this issue.

BTW, what about Brennan’s part in the passport record spying before the 2008 campaign – his employee did it (dug up Barky’s passport records) and was then shot in the head while sitting in his car in his church parking lot.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on March 6, 2013 at 10:30 PM

VorDaj on March 6, 2013 at 10:27 PM

LOL. Noticed that.

gh on March 6, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Cruz!!

KCB on March 6, 2013 at 10:31 PM

With azzholes like these, the US doesn’t need enemies.

Brennan’s bid to lead the spy agency received a boost when Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., said Wednesday that he is leaning toward voting for Brennan after receiving detailed information about the attack last September on the U.S. diplomatic mission in Benghazi, Libya.

Graham, along with Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., had said they would oppose the nomination on the Senate floor if they didn’t get classified information detailing the Obama administration’s actions immediately following the attack that killed four Americans.

Graham also criticized his GOP colleagues, calling the prospect of drones being used to kill people in the United States “ridiculous.”

“I think it’s paranoia between libertarians and the hard left that is unjustified,” Graham said. “I trust this president and other presidents to exercise commander-in-chief authority in a time of war.”

Rep. Mike Rogers, R-Mich., the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, echoed Graham. “Any suggestion that the United States would use drone strikes against U.S. citizens in the United States is irresponsible,” Rogers said.

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2013 at 10:32 PM

This is setting Obama up for a clear and defined role and grounds for impeachment should he continue to violate his office.

katy on March 6, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Go Rand! Yeah!

Speakup on March 6, 2013 at 10:32 PM

…Stay here?…or non-officially move QOTD to the other thread?

KOOLAID2 on March 6, 2013 at 10:32 PM

And I salute Rand Paul for doing a filibuster the right way – the real way.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on March 6, 2013 at 10:32 PM

King Barry is shrinking hour by hour. How will he be able to wear his crown tomorrow?

portlandon on March 6, 2013 at 10:32 PM

I’m keeping my fingers crossed that the rest of the GOP will find their spines and fight back with Rand.

Decoski on March 6, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Bishop on March 6, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Obama is toast..

He was never a president..

Just a spokes person..

MSNBC could of hired him and the same results would have happened..

Electrongod on March 6, 2013 at 10:32 PM

…C R U Z…!!!
…R A N D…!!!

KOOLAID2 on March 6, 2013 at 10:33 PM

#StandWithRand

Scrumpy on March 6, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Me!

Rusty Allen on March 6, 2013 at 10:34 PM

I am also impressed with Cruz.

portlandon on March 6, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Yesterday was a glorious day – Chaveaz died.

Today was a glorious day – Some senators of the US found their gonads.

The Lilliputian in Chief is a dictator without power.

Too bad the fools didn’t watch the incredible lessons on freedom which the Rand Paul exchange provides.

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Leftists are always tyrants, never liberal/progressive, never.

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2013 at 10:35 PM

For now, the White House tells POLITICO, it has nothing to say.

I predicted this about p15 or 16 on the filibuster thread.

Obama is hoping it will go away. Rand has got to make it in to tomorrow afternoon and everyone helping him should be given full credit. D or R.

gh on March 6, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Decoski on March 6, 2013 at 10:32 PM

…the only thing they have that resembles a spine…peeks out of their zippers a couple of times a day…when they go to the bathroom!

KOOLAID2 on March 6, 2013 at 10:36 PM

I don’t know about you guys, but I’m pissed off and have had enough. Anytime anyone throws tea in the harbor I cheer. The list of grieviences is long.

Thing is,, I think it gets the same result. There will be war.

wolly4321 on March 6, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Bishop on March 6, 2013 at 10:30 PM

Me too…

ccrosby on March 6, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Hurrah! Hurrah!
Get ready for the Jubilee
We’ll give Paul Ryan three times three
The laurel wreath is ready now
To place upon his patriotic brow
The hotair lads and lassies say
With roses they will strew his way
Then a reborn nation will peal with joy
To herald our sterling warrior boy
Hurrah! Hurrah!

VorDaj on March 6, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2013 at 10:38 PM

KOOLAID2 on March 6, 2013 at 10:36 PM

You are on a roll!! Lmao!!

Scrumpy on March 6, 2013 at 10:38 PM

VorDaj on March 6, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Brilliant!! Bravo!

Scrumpy on March 6, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Heh, quoting Gen. Patton.

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Patton!

KCB on March 6, 2013 at 10:40 PM

Paul has said repeatedly “noncombatants”. He has also said that if there is “clear, imminent danger” that’s entirely separate.

But then, I’ve been listening on and off for most of the day.

kim roy on March 6, 2013 at 10:40 PM

is Rand Paul out community-organizing obama tonite?

LOL. finally, finally.

renalin on March 6, 2013 at 10:41 PM

…Cruz is not hurting himself today!
if Rand votes for JugEars CIA lapdog JB after this… my head will explode!

KOOLAID2 on March 6, 2013 at 10:41 PM

“The Tea Party is dead” — leftists

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2013 at 10:41 PM

No trolls?

ccrosby on March 6, 2013 at 10:41 PM

With azzholes like these, the US doesn’t need enemies.

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Then I guess it wouldn’t be a biggie to just give the windbag (Paul) a statement in writing, a pat on the head and move on then, huh?

Clowns.

kim roy on March 6, 2013 at 10:43 PM

It’s going to be interesting to watch the media “handle” this.

Cindy Munford on March 6, 2013 at 10:43 PM

BLACKHAWKS!!!!!

Jackalope on March 6, 2013 at 10:43 PM

The Palinization of ANY opposition to The Medias created god…..OJesus…..has begun in earnest!!

“Extreme”……..”Fringe”……..”far Right wing”…….”Tea Party Radicals”……

This just confirms the gop leadership is dead in their souls politically.

PappyD61 on March 6, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Evening you guys….I am so happy to have witnessed Rand for the last 10 hours.

I am counting on ya’ll to keep me awake.

CoffeeLover on March 6, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Paul & Cruz are not perfect…but they are STATESMEN.

Precisely what we’re missing and need so badly these days.

22044 on March 6, 2013 at 10:44 PM

It’s unbelievable the administration is sticking to its proverbial guns on this one. Unbelievable, and totally believable.

John the Libertarian on March 6, 2013 at 10:45 PM

portlandon on March 6, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Around his ankles. It will help to acclimate him to leg irons.

VorDaj on March 6, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Ted is just getting warmed up. He’s a keeper and we’re all lucky to have him.
Stones, people, stones.

mickytx on March 6, 2013 at 10:45 PM

No trolls?

ccrosby on March 6, 2013 at 10:41 PM

HAL is getting new knee pads…

Priorities…

Electrongod on March 6, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Paul & Cruz are not perfect…but they are STATESMEN.

Precisely what we’re missing and need so badly these days.

22044 on March 6, 2013 at 10:44 PM

truly. I am so proud of them.

CoffeeLover on March 6, 2013 at 10:46 PM

lol EG!!!! there went my coffee.

CoffeeLover on March 6, 2013 at 10:46 PM

If people need a list of the good guys, this update from Paul’s facebook page should help:

Thanks you Senators Lee, Cruz, Rubio, Moran, Toomey, Wyden, Cornyn and Chambliss for joining me today in holding this administration’s feet to the fire on executive power and the use of drones.

22044 on March 6, 2013 at 10:47 PM

It’s going to be interesting to watch the media “handle” this.

Cindy Munford on March 6, 2013 at 10:43 PM

They saw nothing, they heard nothing, they know nothing. They were not there. They didn’t even get up this morning other than long enough to thank Allah for Obama and then go back to sleep.

VorDaj on March 6, 2013 at 10:47 PM

22044 on March 6, 2013 at 10:47 PM

I guess Barrasso qualifies as well.

22044 on March 6, 2013 at 10:48 PM

This is the Left’s worst nightmare, having to defend the presidential power they railed against during the Gitmao/waterboarding debate. Well played, Rand Paul, well played.

Jackalope on March 6, 2013 at 10:48 PM

OMG! Cruz went against the bush administration for their subservience to a world court.

I stand with my fellow Cubano.

renalin on March 6, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Barrasso is missing from Paul’s list.

CoffeeLover on March 6, 2013 at 10:48 PM

God BLESS Rand Paul!!!

GOD BLESS RAND PAUL!!

GOD BLESS HIM!!!

williamg on March 6, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Don’t know about you, but I don’t want the military shooting at civilians. Period.

John the Libertarian on March 6, 2013 at 10:51 PM

We’ll give Paul Ryan Rand Paul three times three

VorDaj on March 6, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Cruz is pretty smart…

KCB on March 6, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Obama is frantically looking for someplace to bomb tonight to get this off the news tomorrow.

I suspect a big empty piece of desert ought to do.

portlandon on March 6, 2013 at 10:52 PM

williamg on March 6, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Nice to see you in a good mood. You are usually fairly pessimistic, iirc.

gh on March 6, 2013 at 10:52 PM

No trolls?

ccrosby on March 6, 2013 at 10:41 PM

They are for drones on Americans.

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2013 at 10:53 PM

John the Libertarian on March 6, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Which is why the Founding Fathers didn’t want a standing army, especially a career one, and also who we have a Second Amendment.

VorDaj on March 6, 2013 at 10:53 PM

22044 on March 6, 2013 at 10:47 PM

I guess Barrasso qualifies as well.

22044 on March 6, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Yes he does. I’ve met him several times, and he always remembers me (I’m not anybody), he gives honest time and attention to his constituents. I was not surprised to see him up there.

Jackalope on March 6, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Couple of days ago, Rand was persona non grata.

Does this change that?

ccrosby on March 6, 2013 at 10:53 PM

No trolls?

ccrosby on March 6, 2013 at 10:41 PM

They’re all at the Hugo Post.

22044 on March 6, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Jackalope on March 6, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Excellent! :)

22044 on March 6, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Couple of days ago, Rand was persona non grata.

Does this change that?

ccrosby on March 6, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Sure, if he votes for Brennan tomorrow, or Monday.

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2013 at 10:55 PM

These fellows are having a right good time at this. Best fun I could hope to have in quite some time politically. Ted Cruz will be President one day. Rand Paul should be his VP.

Bmore on March 6, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Important:

Schoolchildren attending Michelle Obama “Let’s Move” event forced to go almost ten hours without food

22044 on March 6, 2013 at 10:52 PM

And Moocherelle probably had at least 3 10,000 calorie meals during that time.

VorDaj on March 6, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Are they allowed to go to the bathroom?

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2013 at 10:56 PM

BLACKHAWKS!!!!!
Jackalope on March 6, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Freaking crazy. Hossa has been amazing.

Rusty Allen on March 6, 2013 at 10:56 PM

And I salute Rand Paul for doing a filibuster the right way – the real way.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on March 6, 2013 at 10:32 PM

DITTOS . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . but I don’t believe we can expect that of our female law-makers.

listens2glenn on March 6, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Bmore on March 6, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Rove just read this…His head exploded.

KCB on March 6, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Cruz putting a leather bound copy of Goldwater’s “Concious of a Conservative” in his senate desk.

Vamonos Hombre!

renalin on March 6, 2013 at 10:57 PM

And Moocherelle probably had at least 3 10,000 calorie meals during that time.

VorDaj on March 6, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Probably.
Disgusting that they were used as props for a campaign event.

22044 on March 6, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Thank you President Bush, for allowing to get this point.

Thank you GOP’ers, for supporting such rancid legislation that led us to this place.

You’re equally culpable. As it this outcome couldn’t be seen. It was, by many.

Such fools. You should have listened to Benjamin Franklin.

The GOP will betray you

True_King on March 6, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Re the Blackhawks, I don’t follow hockey but I saw their record – I guess they can’t be stopped.

22044 on March 6, 2013 at 10:58 PM

a Second Amendment.

VorDaj on March 6, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Oh no, the Dems assure me the 2nd Amendment was for hunting and fishing.

John the Libertarian on March 6, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Still here still watching!!

Cruz is rockin’ it!!

Scrumpy on March 6, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2013 at 10:32 PM

The Founding Fathers would piss on Lindsey Graham and then have their dogs piss on him.

VorDaj on March 6, 2013 at 11:00 PM

In this nation, when a person is suspected of a crime, the police and the District Attorney move to get a WARRANT for that person’s ARREST, and that person is then arraigned, indicted, and stands TRIAL for that offense. He is judged by a JURY of his/her peers.

We do NOT simply allow any individual or group of individuals to decide that the person ( or persons) suspected of a crime are to be TERMINATED… by any means… including a drone.

I recall the way the LEFT reacted to THREE men being waterboarded under the Bush administration. Yet, faced with an Attorney General who says that it’s legal for the president to use a drone to kill and American citizens on American soil without CLEAR EVIDENCE that the person has committed any crime, the LEFT is oddly silent for the most part.

thatsafactjack on March 6, 2013 at 11:00 PM

@standwithrand tweets being read on senate floor.

We may win this country back yet:)

Jvette on March 6, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Rubio is there.

KCB on March 6, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Are they allowed to go to the bathroom?

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Strom Thurmond stayed at the podium with a “bottle-urinal.”

listens2glenn on March 6, 2013 at 11:01 PM

For now, the White House tells POLITICO, it has nothing to say.

The hypocritical Lilliputian is mute.

He could never, never, never, speak like these gents do.

Cruz is a great speaker. He and Paul don’t leave the impression of petulant children.

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Any chance the Dems break cloture in the morning?

Who are the Repubs who would support cloture? I’m guessing:

- McCain
- Graham
- Collins
- Kirk
- Ayotte
- Shelby
- Corker
- Chambliss
- Coburn

Robert_Paulson on March 6, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Still here still watching!!

Cruz is rockin’ it!!

Scrumpy on March 6, 2013 at 11:00 PM

DITTOS . . . . . . . he’s nailing it !: )

listens2glenn on March 6, 2013 at 11:03 PM

In Washington, work ground to a halt. And then the snowstorm hit. – Conan O’Brien

22044 on March 6, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Oh no, the Dems assure me the 2nd Amendment was for hunting and fishing.

John the Libertarian on March 6, 2013 at 11:00 PM

I am most certain the Founding Fathers would want We The People to have arms capable of shooting down Obama Drones and whoever was firing them, right up the chain of command.

VorDaj on March 6, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Cruz reading my favorite speech and mentioning Ayn is just stellar.

Bmore on March 6, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Any chance the Dems break cloture in the morning?

Who are the Repubs who would support cloture? I’m guessing:

- McCain
- Graham
- Collins
- Kirk
- Ayotte
- Shelby
- Corker
- Chambliss
- Coburn

Robert_Paulson on March 6, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Sounds like a guest list for a dinner party. /

KCB on March 6, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Robert_Paulson on March 6, 2013 at 11:02 PM

The cow from Alaska

Schadenfreude on March 6, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Scrumps is rocking it.

Rusty Allen on March 6, 2013 at 11:05 PM

I already knew Ted Cruz was awesome. Reciting the whole Band of Brothers address from Henry V is only proving the obvious.

Gingotts on March 6, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Cruz reading my favorite speech and mentioning Ayn is just stellar.

Bmore on March 6, 2013 at 11:04 PM

what speech is that? Can’t watch as I am at work.

tom daschle concerned on March 6, 2013 at 11:06 PM