New anti-gun idea to avoid arming women: Teach men not to rape

posted at 10:41 am on March 6, 2013 by Allahpundit

Via Katie Pavlich, I’ll go one better: Let’s teach people not to commit crimes of any sort. Then, not only can we dispense with guns, we can dispense with police. And then we can take those billions we’re saving on LE and use them for programs overseas to teach them how not to commit crimes too. The White House should add that to their nonproliferation ambitions. Global Zero — not just nukes but all bad things.

In fairness to Maxwell, I don’t think she’s touting anti-rape education as a complete alternative to arming women, she’s touting it in order to duck Hannity’s question about why any woman should be left defenseless in the name of advancing the Democrats’ gun-control agenda. As we saw yesterday, that subject is vexing enough for a committed gun-grabber that it’s apt to induce outright idiocy in its proponents. To believe that educating boys about what constitutes consent might eliminate rape entirely is like believing that anti-smoking and anti-drunk-driving campaigns will eliminate emphysema and alcohol-fueled car crashes. They might reduce the risk but they’ll never get rid of it completely. And rape, needless to say, is different from vehicular homicide caused by DUI insofar as it’s a crime of intent. There are, in fact, plenty of degenerates who understand the boundaries of consent perfectly well and will cross them regardless. It’s for those special individuals that handguns capable of fitting in purses are made.

Speaking of which, as your second clip below, watch Amanda Collins on Fox & Friends this morning. She’s the rape victim who was treated to that dopey lecture yesterday by a Colorado Dem about the futility of guns in preventing an attack if tae kwan do has already failed. Note her point about risk reduction.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

*slaps forehead*

Gee, why didn’t we think of that!?

(/sarc)

Kingfisher on March 6, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Did anyone else see that Never Again ad that Star Parker has out?
Hannity showed it last night and it is potent!!!

bluefox on March 6, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Did anyone else see that Never Again ad that Star Parker has out?
Hannity showed it last night and it is potent!!!

bluefox on March 6, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Someone posted it here, not sure which thread. It is good.

VegasRick on March 6, 2013 at 12:05 PM

@RWM And Ailes is throwing stones? Haaaaaaaa-Haaaaaaaa!
No wonder they are losing viewers.

bluefox on March 6, 2013 at 11:50 AM

So….

Biden’s a genius.

Newt’s Mother Teresa.

Obama’s the hardest-working Preezy EVAH!

I bet that, if you ask Ailes, if he is a pr1ck, he’d probably tell you “yes” or, at least, “I can be.”

If you ask me if I am a “c-word,” I will tell you straight up:

“If I’m not, I do an Academy Award-winning impersonation of one.”

Resist We Much on March 6, 2013 at 12:06 PM

“What a waste it is to lose one’s mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful. How true that is.”
Dan Quayle speaking of this woman.

pat on March 6, 2013 at 12:08 PM

Interesting…but I am confused. I thought when we made rape a felony which is punishable by actual prison time that was the whole “educating men not to rape.”

Help me out here. So we have already told rapists that rape will get you arrested and sent to prison. But we just didn’t define it well enough for men to understand?

So, rape will just magically go away if we show TV spots that say, “if you have to drug her, club her, or hold her down…its rape. If you find yourself struggling to keep her from getting away with one hand while unzipping with the other…its rape. If she says ‘no’ and cries throught the whole thing…its rape.”

If we just had a slogan of some sort…soemthing short and easy to remember…something like “no means no.” Maybe we go national with something like that.

sgmstv on March 6, 2013 at 12:14 PM

In regard to the video at the top: Why are Democrat women so god-awful ugly? Don’t they have salons in D.c. that cut hair?

Some Preparation-H would help those wrinkles. She could apply it in her office.

avagreen on March 6, 2013 at 12:15 PM

Newer-new anti-gun idea to avoid arming women: Let’s castrate men.

Resist We Much on March 6, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Haven’t we been doing that for years? How’s that working out?
;)
Sorry, couldn’t resist.

GWB on March 6, 2013 at 12:15 PM

bluefox on March 6, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Someone posted it here, not sure which thread. It is good.

VegasRick on March 6, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Rightscoop has it!

bluefox on March 6, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Haven’t we been doing that for years? How’s that working out?
;)
Sorry, couldn’t resist.

GWB on March 6, 2013 at 12:15 PM

That’s kind of what I was getting at before I made the newer-new anti-gun idea. We’ve turn men into women and boys into girls.

Yes, We Can, Girls!

Resist We Much on March 6, 2013 at 12:23 PM

“If I’m not, I do an Academy Award-winning impersonation of one.”

Resist We Much on March 6, 2013 at 12:06 PM

LOL, there must be something in the water.

I’m watching online the House debate about the C.R. which only 30 R’s signed a letter to defund Obamacare. From what I have read, no amendments can be made, per Boehner.

bluefox on March 6, 2013 at 12:24 PM

sgmstv on March 6, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Well dayammmm – there goes the whole 50 Shades of Grey fantasy scenario that women have been going crazy over…..

dentarthurdent on March 6, 2013 at 12:25 PM

@RWM And Ailes is throwing stones? Haaaaaaaa-Haaaaaaaa!
No wonder they are losing viewers.

bluefox on March 6, 2013 at 11:50 AM

$106/month for Dish is why they lost our house. I’d gladly pick 10 or 15 channels and pay for that but the other 225 are useles to me. And for every Fox subscription that goes so goes all the other bs channels that get paid from my subsciption. Roger Ailes ought to be looking to buy the NBC signal if he wants to flood the airwaves though.

DanMan on March 6, 2013 at 12:29 PM

bluefox on March 6, 2013 at 12:24 PM

The Republic is soooo fortunate to be represented by men with such galatically big balls. No worries!

**She weeps Boehner tears**

Resist We Much on March 6, 2013 at 12:31 PM

This only has even the ghost of validity if you believe, as feminists do, that all men are potential rapists. What she’s talking about amounts to no more than yet more “no means no” education for college boys to remember on dates. Forcible rapes are committed by degenerates, not average guys on the street. By definition, degenerates cannot be “taught” to be normal.

Hucklebuck on March 6, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Oay now that Rapes been solved. Hey Chicago Stop shooting each other. Wow that was easy. Hey Bank robbers stop robbing banks, hey drunk drivers stop driving drunk. Simply amazing the power Liberals have over these criminals. Just ay it and feel it and “POOF”all fixed. “Who knew?”

stormridercx4 on March 6, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Why do these people think that an unarmed woman raped is preferable to an armed woman defending herself?

novaculus on March 6, 2013 at 12:38 PM

*slaps forehead*

Gee, why didn’t we think of that!?

(/sarc)

Kingfisher on March 6, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Because we’re (expletive) conservatives.

We aren’t intelligent enough to think of stuff like that.

listens2glenn on March 6, 2013 at 12:38 PM

So the left’s idea for women’s self protection is the following:

1) Teach men not to rape
2) If the man disregards #1, then the women is to say “NO” and that she doesn’t agree with his course of action
3) If the man disregards #2, then let loose with a bodily fluid of your choice.

tommer74 on March 6, 2013 at 12:40 PM

This is an Onion article, right?

The Rogue Tomato on March 6, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Hey I got this one.

Let’s pass a law making rape illegal.

Done. Now no one needs guns.

jhffmn on March 6, 2013 at 12:43 PM

New spokesperson for NRA. Good stuff.

rrpjr on March 6, 2013 at 12:45 PM

New spokesperson for NRA. Good stuff.

rrpjr on March 6, 2013 at 12:45 PM

I really LIKE this guy!!!

dentarthurdent on March 6, 2013 at 12:48 PM

@RWM And Ailes is throwing stones? Haaaaaaaa-Haaaaaaaa!
No wonder they are losing viewers.

bluefox on March 6, 2013 at 11:50 AM

DanMan on March 6, 2013 at 12:29 PM

I had TimeWarner and went with Directv last year. I hear you on all of the other channels that aren’t watched. I have great choices with Directv. I don’t pay near that much for D.T.

Only watch Hannity on Fox and only when he has Dr. Carson/Boomtown/Rand Paul etc. Fox has become too left wing for me.

bluefox on March 6, 2013 at 12:52 PM

bluefox on March 6, 2013 at 12:24 PM

**She weeps Boehner tears**

Resist We Much on March 6, 2013 at 12:31 PM

That must be why I call them appeasers:-)

I’m puzzled. The Dems in the House are against the C.R.? I would have thot Boehner would have included everything they wanted.

bluefox on March 6, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Let’s just teach people not to be Democrats or liberals.

Christien on March 6, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Let’s just teach people not to shoot other people and then we don’t need the gun laws right.

earlgrey133 on March 6, 2013 at 1:02 PM

If you think these people are a mere characature, I just finished an exasperating facebook thread with a relative by marriage.

This poor, deluded liberal lives in a world of Strawberry shortcake, gumdrops, unicorns and rainbows. I stated FBI statistics, strengthening my argument with links to articles and pointing out her lack of facts, logic, rational thought and deductive reasoning in all her posts.

your “logic” lacks HEART, LOVE, PEACE. I don’t need “facts” to prove that

At which point, I ended the thread since you can’t fix stupid.

kurtzz3 on March 6, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Billy Clintoon probably prays to Karl Marx every day that Paula Jones, Kathleen Willey, Juanita Broaddrick and numerous others weren’t armed when he was in heat.

viking01 on March 6, 2013 at 1:27 PM

You’re probably wrong about that. To you this might seem like laughable naivete, but I can assure you “Teach men not to rape” is current feminist orthodoxy. When I insisted to some of these supposed feminists that it was also useful to teach women self-defense and/or avoiding situations where rape could be likely, I was blasted as a clueless apologist for rapists. To them, implying rape could be avoidable via the victim’s actions is tantamount to justifying the actions of the rapist. It’s dangerous, disgusting, and twisted, but it’s the current thinking of our self-appointed “betters.”

calbear on March 6, 2013 at 1:31 PM

New anti-gun idea to avoid arming women: Teach men not to rape

Yes…because the reason that Bundy and Savile raped all those women and children is because they hadn’t completed “No means No 101″……

….what idiots.

…..not surprising coming from the same liberal geniuses that think blowing whistles and waving bloody tampons will save them from a sadistic sexual predator.

Baxter Greene on March 6, 2013 at 2:18 PM

If she had practiced what she’s preaching she wouldn’t have been raped!!

What an idiot!

bluefox on March 6, 2013 at 11:50 AM

The lady who was raped is saying that it happened because she was not allowed to carry a gun – even though she has a concealed carry permit – with which to defend herself.

Being allowed to carry is what she’s preaching.

Why/how is that ‘idiotic’?

Or, do you believe she should have “just laid back and accepted her fate”? Enjoy the inevitable, as it were?

Talk about idiots.

Solaratov on March 6, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Let me see if I get this.

1) We remove all guns first.
2) We train men not to rape.
3) Women don’t need guns, as men won’t rape.

Hell, lets do this will all crime.

1) We remove all police first.
2) We train everyone not to commit crimes.
3) We won’t need police because nobody will commit any crimes.

I’ve followed the flow of her argument; so I’m assuming she’s on board with firing every policeman everywhere tomorrow and closing all the 911 offices for anything but medical emergencies… right?

No? Why not?

gekkobear on March 6, 2013 at 2:41 PM

In the selectively moral words of the leftist Bill Clinton defenders:”It’s just sex!”

Don L on March 6, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Maybe we can waste a day at work, with Sexual Harassment Class so people will know that rape is wrong.

Fleuries on March 6, 2013 at 2:56 PM

The best way to stop rape is to remove all the mattresses. Sound stupid? That’s the same argument they use for gun control….

Gosh imagine if Todd Aiken would have said what she said…

Don L on March 6, 2013 at 2:58 PM

There must be chemicals in our water supply. We have reached a new nadir in stupidity and I am fearful of how much lower we can go. I wonder if there were people saying things like this in Rome before it fell.

totherightofthem on March 6, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Harvard Study, 2012: Flouride in the water supply may be linked to lower IQ.

scotash on March 6, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Someone send this woman a copy of “A Clockwork Orange”.

Then ask her to explain why the real world would be any different.

WestTexasBirdDog on March 6, 2013 at 4:55 PM

New anti-gun idea to avoid arming women: Teach men not to rape

Better idea: mandatory death sentence for rape to be carried out within 10 days of conviction

dominigan on March 6, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Wow, what insight!
This is such a profound concept, it needs to be enshrined …. nowhere.

The Left is a collection of Maroons!

Another Drew on March 6, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Rare pig-flight sighting in Leftist academia:

UMD: Pens? Girls just want to have guns

From my life experiences, empowerment never came in the form of urinating, menstruating or acting pregnant. It came in the form of shooting a Beretta DT10 for the first time.

/sent to re-education camp in 4… 3… 2…

Terp Mole on March 6, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Old movie, Tom Cruise, Minority Report. Don’t get excited, has nothing to do with African Americans for you trolls, has to do with “mind crimes”, stopping people while they had any “thoughts” about committing those crimes. Life imitates art…………total BS. Am more interested in non fiction at this time, i.e. Rand Paul filibusterin the Pansy in Chief’s Drone policy.

waterytart on March 6, 2013 at 6:50 PM

sgmstv on March 6, 2013 at 12:14 PM

I’ve got one!

Useful for every time a liberal puts forwards … pretty much anything.

While shaking your head ‘no’ with a sad look in your eye say,

“You can’t fix stupid.”

Extra points if you can summon a tear to your eye and a catch in your throat wile delivering this comment.

PolAgnostic on March 6, 2013 at 8:38 PM

gekkobear on March 6, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Brilliant. :)

itsspideyman on March 6, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Libtards are just so earnest when they utter such inanity.

tom daschle concerned on March 6, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Teach men not to rape

A bullet will do just that.

Oldnuke on March 7, 2013 at 6:10 AM

It is almost as if society convulses on its excesses and pulls itself back from the brink. Of course, in many cases, this involves a dictator, which is what happened in France following the Revolution which was a period marked not only by incredible violence, but extreme moral absurdity.

Resist We Much on March 6, 2013 at 11:53 AM

This is my take regarding history.
Seems it is a human condition.

Badger40 on March 7, 2013 at 8:19 AM

O’care says take a pain pill. Somewhere else in there it says to lie back and enjoy it ladies. The most sensitive bunch of bureaucrats ever.

ironked on March 7, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Can you really go back in time and raise rapists over again so they don’t turn into rapists? Nope!

Dollayo on March 7, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Just when I didn’t think there was anyone dumber than Biden on gun control, this chick enters the scene.

jediwebdude on March 7, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Might as well try and teach liberals not to be stupid.

MelonCollie on March 7, 2013 at 11:00 AM

And then we can eliminate war, armies, navies, and air forces by teaching nations not to fight.

After that, we can eliminate all law enforcement by teaching people to be angels.

farsighted on March 7, 2013 at 12:00 PM

I’f I were a woman, my response would be:

If you say I have a right to kill the person coming out of of my vagina, I certainly have the right to kill the person tring to forcefully enter it.

WisRich on March 7, 2013 at 12:30 PM

“Hey girl, don’t worry – this isn’t really rape-rape, so we’re good – right?”

Hill60 on March 7, 2013 at 3:11 PM

By and large, men don’t rape. But, if the standard for educational success is 100%, what can we do with the 80% illiteracy rate from HS graduates in lib NYC?

Rethink lib competence in educating anybody about anything.

Axeman on March 8, 2013 at 11:45 AM

A public flogging and a life time of financial support if a pregnancy occurs sounds good.

mixplix on March 9, 2013 at 5:23 AM

SNL should take this up. Educator stands in front of the class, pointing at the chalkboard:

No raping! Mkay? Everyone got it? Not cool!

virgo on March 9, 2013 at 8:08 AM