Also not invited to CPAC: Bob McDonnell

posted at 2:41 pm on March 5, 2013 by Allahpundit

Remember how McDonnell’s and Christie’s gubernatorial wins in 2009 gave conservatives a jolt of optimism after the catastrophe of 2008? Good times, good times.

No surprise here after he broke his promise not to raise taxes in order to fund Virginia’s new transportation bill, but still newsworthy:

Chris Christie isn’t the only Republican governor getting snubbed by the Conservative Political Action Conference. Virginia Gov. Bob McDonnell was not invited, according to someone close to CPAC who was not authorized to speak publicly.

McDonnell, a potential 2016 candidate, spoke at the conference for the past two years. Like Christie, McDonnell is popular in his state. But he has come under fire from conservatives for backing a transportation deal that raises taxes.

Ken Cuccinelli will, of course, attend.

Question: Does the snub matter more to him or more to Christie? Christie’s a mixed bag because the RINO label helps him short-term in his reelection bid but hurts him — maybe — in the presidential primaries in 2016. McDonnell doesn’t have to worry about reelection; Virginia, unusually, bars governors from serving consecutive terms. He also doesn’t really have to worry about the presidential primaries: He’s an attractive candidate on paper but he’s apt to be swallowed up by the star power of Rubio, Jindal, Christie et al. if he ran. Which I doubt he will, especially since he’ll have been out of office for years by the time the race begins. Unless he plans on challenging Mark Warner for Senate in 2014, he’ll have plenty of time to make amends to Virginia conservatives ahead of running again for governor in 2017 or challenging Tim Kaine for Senate a year after that. Or, of course, he could always team up with Christie to form a Bloomberg-backed independent RINO ticket in 2016 and rock America’s world.

Speaking of CPAC, via Jorge Bonilla of the Shark Tank, here’s ACU chief Al Cardenas talking about how the conference will be used this year to hopefully steer conservatives around to supporting the dismal McCain/Schumer/Rubio Senate immigration bill. Make sure closed captioning is enabled and pay attention at around 1:10.

Comments

Why is Romney speaking there?

Flapjackmaka on March 5, 2013 at 2:44 PM

No real Republican is a Republican, anymore.

OhEssYouCowboys on March 5, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Why is Romney speaking there?

Flapjackmaka on March 5, 2013 at 2:44 PM

He is the most disturbingly conservative man in the world?

astonerii on March 5, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Question: Does the snub matter more to him or more to Christie?

I’d argue it matters more to McDonnell. CRISTie can get exposure on TV anytime he wants thanks to his large(figurative and literal) profile. McDonnell could use a boost from something like CPAC.

It’s too bad he had to go F things up with that transportation bill. I remember when he introduced Romney the day that Paul Ryan was unveiled as the VP pick and dude was telegenic, articulate, and funny. He damn near overshadowed Romney and Ryan. And he gave one of the rare effective SOTU responses during Obama’s first term.

[in best Brando voice]He could’ve been a dark horse contender. He could’ve been somebody.

Doughboy on March 5, 2013 at 2:46 PM

More significant

Schadenfreude on March 5, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Also not invited to CPAC: Bob McDonnell

Dammit! that just ruined my day!! s/c

ToddPA on March 5, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Virginia, unusually, bars governors from serving consecutive terms.

Virginia doesn’t necessarily think a precedent that dates back to when Thomas Jefferson was governor is unusual. Unique perhaps but not unusual.

In fact, giving the incumbent only four years means the dynamics are different since the last two of those years isn’t about getting re-elected to the current job. Sometimes that dynamic works better than others. McDonnell clearly pulled a Martin O’Malley and decided to sell out the state in the quest for higher office at a time when there are no Senate seats likely to be attainable.

Happy Nomad on March 5, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Dumb. Christie is very understandable, but McDonnell too? While Romney will be there?

El_Terrible on March 5, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Good news! After The Keepers Of The Sacred Litmus have finished trimming the lists, next year they can rent a much smaller, cozier space.

Norquist and his Qaeda sympathizers are in, Pamela Geller is out. Think about it.

Adjoran on March 5, 2013 at 2:55 PM

And what about the 7 Billion other people on the planet who have not been invited to speak at CPAC? Who will advocate for them? This is an outrageously outrageous outrage!

Pork-Chop on March 5, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Schadenfreude on March 5, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Left you an elephant on the elephant thread.

Bmore on March 5, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Romney is nothing more than a “curio” guys.

CPAC invited him for zoological reasons – so that all the attendees have the opportunity to see a real RINO and ponder the ramifications for the GOP if they ever nominate another one.

HondaV65 on March 5, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Adjoran on March 5, 2013 at 2:55 PM

But of course – it’s totally fine if Tokyo Rove does it?

HondaV65 on March 5, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Ha ha ! Bobby got snubbed! You deserve weasel!

MCGIRV on March 5, 2013 at 3:04 PM

True Cons!!!!

(It hasn’t been said yet. Thought I’d save them the trouble.)

portlandon on March 5, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Wow – I remember Red State posting a few days ago that McDonnell was going to speak at CPAC’s morning prayer. Big news.

As one of his constituents, I say he disqualified himself from 2016!

22044 on March 5, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Yet pro-Islam Norquist and pro-Mexico Cardenas are there?

VorDaj on March 5, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Pork-Chop on March 5, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Yup, I’m pouting outraged that I wasn’t asked to speak.

Fallon on March 5, 2013 at 3:09 PM

How about an article on who is invited to speak. There is only so much time for speakers. You can always site a long list of people not invited. i.e. The vast majority of Republicans, libertarians, and conservatives are not invited to speak at the annual conclave.

Dasher on March 5, 2013 at 3:11 PM

CPAC needs to be turned into a policy idea event, not a place for washed up politicians and celebrities to give speeches.

Actually, make it so no current office holder can speak there.

Also, I have no issue with some Republican politicians not being present because its not RPAC.

People really need to stop confusing Conservatives with Republicans.

Marcus Aurelius on March 5, 2013 at 3:13 PM

I’m hoping that Bob McDonnell runs in 2016 because I’ve gotta fever, and the only cure is another couple dozen breathless Washington Post stories about a thirty-year-old college thesis paper.

Hayabusa on March 5, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Is Allen West there? How about Joe Arpaio? Pamela Geller? We know they banned her. Michele Bachmann? Robert Spencer? Since they banned Pamela Geller, they probably banned him too.

VorDaj on March 5, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Cooch! Ken Cuccinelli, the man to watch.

rrpjr on March 5, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Can’t say I’m terribly surprised, though, as an expatriate Virginian, I rather liked McDonnell.

That being said, the idea that the incumbent Gov. doesn’t have to worry about campaigning isn’t entirely accurate. McDonnell will gain back much of his political conservative bonafides advocating for Ken Cuccinelli, allowing Bob to tack right prior to a 2016 Senate run, especially as a conservative compromister, and a sort of character northern Virginia won’t hate voting for.

All things being equal, McDonnell’s snub probably does him a favor as it relates to future dealings with Northern Virginia

Sgt Steve on March 5, 2013 at 3:23 PM

I’m sick of hearing about who is or isn’t going to CPAC…can’t wait for that thing to be over and done with. But, once again, whatever message they wish to convey about conservatism is being trumped by the snubs, from Christie to GOProud. Given who else they’ve invited, the snubs don’t make sense, especially McDonnell.

changer1701 on March 5, 2013 at 3:27 PM

I think the who’s in and who’s out watch for CPAC is a bit overblown, They should just pick those that have the most to say for the moment we are in. Maybe they were making a statement with Christie and McDonnell, however neither of them have an election this year and don’t need a boost. Save it for those who do.

Tater Salad on March 5, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Cooch! Ken Cuccinelli, the man to watch.

rrpjr on March 5, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Agreed.
He’s been a good constant quantity. I hope his star continues to rise and doesn’t disappoint.

freedomfirst on March 5, 2013 at 3:29 PM

Yet pro-Islam Norquist and pro-Mexico Cardenas are there?

VorDaj on March 5, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Norquist is not on the list this year (at least not yet, but he is on the board of the ACU, and the NRA, so he might speak), but Cardenas is ACU Chairman – it’s his event.

VorDaj on March 5, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Allen West is speaking, but no – Bachmann, Spenser, Geller and Arpaio won’t be, although THEY SHOULD BE. The line-up is not all conservatives, but, it looks pretty good.

Pork-Chop on March 5, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Great job, folks! The two most popular GOP governors in the country — loudly disinvited to CPAC!

Seriously, what a bunch of morons.

Esoteric on March 5, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Jeb Bush was invited so all is well. Lol

celticdefender on March 5, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Esoteric on March 5, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Christie needs to go back to f***ing Obama and hugging radical islamists.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 5, 2013 at 3:37 PM

VorDaj on March 5, 2013 at 3:14 PM

As a birther, Arapio has no business being invited to ANY conservative gathering.

annoyinglittletwerp on March 5, 2013 at 3:39 PM

Seriously, what a bunch of morons.

Esoteric on March 5, 2013 at 3:35 PM

CPAC is not a GOP event, and these two were not “loudly disinvited”, they were just not asked to speak, but they are more than welcome to attend.

Pork-Chop on March 5, 2013 at 3:41 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 5, 2013 at 3:39 PM

That is why Pamela Gellar wasn’t invited either… However, I’m not sure why Trump was invited.

Illinidiva on March 5, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Tater Salad on March 5, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Christie is up for election again this November.

NJ Red on March 5, 2013 at 3:51 PM

That is why Pamela Gellar wasn’t invited either…
Illinidiva on March 5, 2013 at 3:44 PM

rrpjr on March 5, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Yeah…this makes a lot of sense…McDonnell and Christie not invited to speak…most popular Republican governors? Stupid

But hey.. Republicans are called stupid and I’m beginning to believe the lefties are on to something

Wonder who will be sacrificed in 2016….nobody will defeat Hillary and we all know that.

Redford on March 5, 2013 at 3:55 PM

CPAC just died…Donald Trump..? No.

d1carter on March 5, 2013 at 3:59 PM

rrpjr on March 5, 2013 at 3:53 PM

And you just proved my point..

She is toxic.

Redford on March 5, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Christie makes sense. He is being punished for blowing Obama before the election.

And thank you for your optimism about 2016.. I’ll just tear up my registration card. It is just so delightful to know that there is a cohort of conservatives out there who thinks we’re never going to win an election again. So based on your assessment, why should I even bother voting?

Illinidiva on March 5, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Tater Salad on March 5, 2013 at 3:28 PM

It is clearly people who want to be President-palooza so it is a big snub. Although since Krispy Kreme isn’t a conservative, I’m not sure he cares.

Illinidiva on March 5, 2013 at 4:08 PM

Pork-Chop on March 5, 2013 at 3:32 PM

Bachmann is speaking…so is Ryan,Gingrich,DeMint, Palin and Santorum.

Check the schedule at the site.

workingclass artist on March 5, 2013 at 4:17 PM

The next CPAC envelope I see in my mail goes back filled with deadweight. I can understand them shun Christie for his threesome with Bruce and Barry, but I’ll be damned if I support an organization that rejects birtherism out of hand just because it may cost them the next cocktail invitation. I’ve seen the dog-eater’s birth certificate, and until someone convinces me otherwise, Obozo is an illegal alien.

Archivarix on March 5, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Just for confirmation, I’ve made a list of people on the right I’m supposed to hate if I comment on Hot Air.
Please add anyone I’ve forgotten.

Mitt Romney !!111

Weekly Standard
Charles Krauthamer
Chris Wallace
George Will
Peggy Noonan
Karl Rove

No judgement, just keeping track during the last few months. Feel free to add any you feel worthy.

bluealice on March 5, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Interesting …

‘Ted Cruz and Sarah Palin: CPAC 2013 Will Determine America’s Future’

Pork-Chop on March 5, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Oops, forgot all the Bushes.

bluealice on March 5, 2013 at 4:26 PM

Seriously, what a bunch of morons.

Esoteric on March 5, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Indeed (and I’m not even a Christie fan).

changer1701 on March 5, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Oops, forgot all the Bushes.

bluealice on March 5, 2013 at 4:26 PM

And Jindal…I think he did/said something recently that crossed him off the list.

Ben Carson, too, due to the gun remarks. Just list everyone…

changer1701 on March 5, 2013 at 4:31 PM

bluealice on March 5, 2013 at 4:24 PM

What the heck are you talking about? You seem a bit confused.

Pork-Chop on March 5, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Good, I can’t stand that guy. He should change parties.

FloatingRock on March 5, 2013 at 4:38 PM

VorDaj on March 5, 2013 at 3:14 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on March 5, 2013 at 3:39 PM

As a closed minded Obama enabling twerp you have no business being anywhere among those who are not closed minded Obama enabling twerps.

VorDaj on March 5, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Pork-Chop on March 5, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Confused??? I’m not confused, I made a list. A list is proof of non-confusion./?

bluealice on March 5, 2013 at 4:39 PM

Although I approve of not inviting Christie and McDonnell, I’ve heard a lot of bad things about CPAC shutting out young, more libertarian conservatives, so do not endorse CPAC in general. I’ll wait until I see the final roster before I decide to start calling in RPAC instead.

FloatingRock on March 5, 2013 at 4:42 PM

FloatingRock on March 5, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Scrotorum and Phuckabee will be there, and Ron Paul won’t. That’s all you need to know to form an opinion, isn’t it?

Archivarix on March 5, 2013 at 4:47 PM

And you just proved my point..

She is toxic.

Illinidiva on March 5, 2013 at 4:06 PM

Except that wasn’t your point. You asserted she was dropped for reasons other than her anti-Jihadi mission which is increasingly anathema to the bureaucratized CPAC organizers.

“Toxic” means whatever a user wants it to mean. It has been Gellar with the guts to fight the anti-Free Speech and “lawfare” movement of the radical Left-Islamic nexus. Her victory in New York was milestone — the Court’s ruling was a thing of beauty. No RINO would have gone near that fight, and I’ve no doubt they would find any advocate of it highly “toxic.

rrpjr on March 5, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Oops, forgot all the Bushes.

bluealice on March 5, 2013 at 4:26 PM

This is perfectly acceptable unless you are the only person in the U.S. excited about Jeb Bush 2016!! Also, Krispy Kreme screwed over Romney, so that is why I hate him.

Illinidiva on March 5, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Illinidiva on March 5, 2013 at 4:49 PM

Definitely not excited about Jeb. Agree with your opinion of Christy..the fool.

bluealice on March 5, 2013 at 4:53 PM

bluealice on March 5, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Since you’ve given up your power to think to anonymous commenters, I’ll tell you exactly what your list of who to hate/not hate should be:

Barack Hussein Obama II

Everyone else, you should not hate, but instead hold them accountable for conservative ideals that will get our nation back on track.

sauldalinsky on March 5, 2013 at 4:53 PM

I’m amused that Christie doesn’t get invited and the sky is falling. McDonnell doesn’t get invited, and it elicits a big shrug.

Golly, I wonder if the establishment-types live in the New York / New Jersey area…

Stoic Patriot on March 5, 2013 at 4:54 PM

rrpjr on March 5, 2013 at 4:49 PM

You made an incredibly racist aside in that remark. Also, it is a mixture of both. She was quoted in the mass murderer in Norway’s manifesto quite a few times and didn’t think to outright condemn the guy. The mass murderer in Norway inspired the Sandy Hook guy to go and shoot up classrooms of six year olds. And yes she is also a birther and makes shriek-y remarks about Obama being a Kenyan Muslim. No serious Republican contender wants to be photographed near her.

Illinidiva on March 5, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Archivarix on March 5, 2013 at 4:47 PM

Yep. It tells you that CPAC is finally beginning to become conservative again.

Stoic Patriot on March 5, 2013 at 4:55 PM

sauldalinsky on March 5, 2013 at 4:53 PM

You misunderstand. BHO remains the biggest threat to the country. My list was from the right. The list was a list. The power to think for myself remains intact. Thank you.

bluealice on March 5, 2013 at 4:58 PM

I am not sure I agree with this. Christie was a special case. In a four month stretch Christie campaigned for Obama, savaged conservatives for holding a big pork bill, made an ass of himself on every MSM TV show that he could, and attacked the NRA.

Not every conservative is going to agree on all issues lock step otherwise we would be like progressive idiots prancing around in the streets of San Francisco. However we should agree on at least 75% of the issues. Christie has gone 50% on us, if not worse.

William Eaton on March 5, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Here’s Judge Paul Engelmayer’s ruling in favor of plaintiff AFDI (Gellar) to allow their advertising in New York. First Amendment victory over Statist speech suppressors.

rrpjr on March 5, 2013 at 5:02 PM

bluealice on March 5, 2013 at 4:24 PM

So true. But it’s not just happening on this site. While Dems are destroying the country, Republicans/conservatives are destroying each other.

(I’m not against pointing out bad policy/legislative moves; I’m just against totally condemning/rejecting/labeling as fatally flawed people on our side who, but for a slip up or two or weakness in one particular area have served the party well. Now, foolishly embracing those who have repeatedly betrayed the party’s principles…that’s a different story.)

butterflies and puppies on March 5, 2013 at 5:04 PM

Didnt read all the commments but isnt McDonnell also guilty of selling out Virginia to Obamacare?

If thats true, he shouldnt be invited. I wouldnt invite any Governor who folded on Obamacare. Its the cancer that will finally destroy the US as an economic power and the final nail in our European socialist coffin.

…and the GOP wonders why the cant win elections….

alecj on March 5, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Illinidiva on March 5, 2013 at 4:54 PM

What sloppy rubbish, so much compressed irrationality and Left-speak it’s hard to parse it all.

I predicted RINOs would increasingly simulate the Left.

rrpjr on March 5, 2013 at 5:09 PM

bluealice on March 5, 2013 at 4:58 PM

Well, then you don’t have to hate anybody. You’re perfectly free to support RINOs here. Debate is good. Hotair’s a great place call out elected representatives on the right who stray from conservatism, especially those who won grassroots support on a conservative platform and change their position to the liberal side once in power. See for example, McDonnell–raising taxes & Rubio–supporting amnesty. Do you support raising taxes and amnesty for illegals?

sauldalinsky on March 5, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Let me get this straight..CPAC didn’t invite Bob Mcdonnell..But invited Donald Trump!!!..Are you kidding me??!!??..:)

Dire Straits on March 5, 2013 at 5:11 PM

Yep. It tells you that CPAC is finally beginning to become conservative again.

Stoic Patriot on March 5, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Yeah..Inviting Donald Trump to speak??..LoLz..:)

Dire Straits on March 5, 2013 at 5:15 PM

RINOs and TruCons can agree on this! Donald Trump, useful idiot for communist dictators should be banned from CPAC, RNC, all conservative gatherings

sauldalinsky on March 5, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Illinidiva on March 5, 2013 at 4:54 PM

The problem is Grover Norquist will be there. He is a jihadist sympathiser who was responsible for GWB’s half-baked policy of searching the world for moderate Islam. God knows how many people lost their lives because of that. Ten thousands of people die every year because of Islam and Grover is running around telling us there is nothing to worry about, all that stuff in Surah 9.5 and 9.29 really means peace. Grover says no one is killed for leaving Islam, yet according to a pew research poll in 2010 found that 84% of respondents are in favor of death penalty in Egypt for leaving Islam, in Jordan 86% in favor, Indonesia 30% in favor, Pakistan 76% in favor and in Nigeria 51% are in favor.

But….Grover is for lower taxes just like Hitler was for trains running on time….you get the point.

William Eaton on March 5, 2013 at 5:17 PM

For anybody interested, here is Gellar’s account of why she was “disinvited,” chronicling the lies told by Al Cardenas, one of the chief organizers.

Gellar reported Grover Norquist’s efforts to attack those exposing his relationship with Abdurahman Alamoudi. Key line: Alamoudi and others, including Norquist, tried to keep critics at bay by branding them as “racists” and “bigots.”

rrpjr on March 5, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Not only that, he made a deal with the Democrats to get it passed. In exchange he caved on the Medicaid Expansion Plan. Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli II is questioning the legality of a budget deal that provided a framework for Medicaid expansion, a position that now threatens to scuttle an $880-million-a-year transportation package and throw the final day of the General Assembly session into disarray.

“It is my opinion that the General Assembly may not delegate final legislative authority regarding budget or other matters to a committee composed of a subset of members of the General Assembly,” Cuccinelli wrote.http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/va-politics/cuccinelli-opinion-threatens-medicaid-transportation-deals/2013/02/23/be2f8b96-7dcf-11e2-82e8-61a46c2cde3d_story.html

bluefox on March 5, 2013 at 5:20 PM

In addition, I posted:

House and Senate budget negotiators had reached a compromise that would make it easier to expand Medicaid if certain reforms were implemented. Democrats had insisted on the language, saying they would oppose the transportation-funding overhaul if they did not get a written promise from Gov. Robert F. McDonnell (R) agreeing to the broad outlines of the Medicaid compromise.

bluefox on February 25, 2013 at 8:15 PM

McDonnell produced his letter Friday night, a few hours after the General Assembly had adjourned for the day. That appeared to clear the way for legislators to wrap up work on the budget and transportation funding by Saturday, the last day of session.

Same Wash Po article I linked to above.

bluefox on March 5, 2013 at 5:24 PM

bluealice on March 5, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Alice you left out a few:

Barack Hussein Obama

The Doom Quadrant:
Ed Morrissey
Allahpundit
Mary Katherine Ham
Erika Johnson

Also:

Sean Hannity
Bill O’Reilley

joking about the doom quadrant, but you never know!

can_con on March 5, 2013 at 5:26 PM

sauldalinsky on March 5, 2013 at 5:10 PM

I admit I was being a tad facetious, but a constant circular firing squad is dangerous and plays into the hands of democrats.

Your accusation of my suporting raising taxes and amnesty is a clever distortion.

bluealice on March 5, 2013 at 5:26 PM

This is very revealing along with the videos. Also at:

bluefox on March 5, 2013 at 5:28 PM

AND

Pamela Geller sent me this message:

This is way bigger than me — they are enforcing the blasphemy laws at CPAC

redguy on March 5, 2013 at 5:35 PM

BS. Prove it. She’s been there for the past five years and enjoyed the most attended sessions at event. She was ditched because of increasing dhimmitude of Norquist and organizers. – rrpjr on March 5, 2013 at 3:53 PM

CPAC has kicked out all the gays and Pam Geller has come out in favor gay marriage. Exactly why she has been disinvited is only known by CPAC, which a private organization. They are free to do anything that want to do. But, to myself, I think they are going in the wrong direction.

SC.Charlie on March 5, 2013 at 5:35 PM

bluealice on March 5, 2013 at 4:24 PM

You’re free to hate whomever you please or is this just a slam at HA and the commenters?

What business is it of yours who people like or don’t like anyway?

Great way to insult HA commenters and the HA blog that you were fortunate to register on.

That’s all.

bluefox on March 5, 2013 at 5:37 PM

bluealice on March 5, 2013 at 5:26 PM

You’re sure it’s “hate”? I find the substantive critique around here pretty good. Objections are cited and explained. People feel strongly and back it up. We live in an age of lies and people feel disgusted. The idea that we need to “get along” is losing currency because the pretexts and conditions of that accommodation have proved a cruel lie. The “getting along” is just a way of keeping voices from being heard and a means of selling out. If the RINOs try to use this argument in 2016 to coerce conformity — “rally around us in the name of unity”, an even worse fail is headed their way.

rrpjr on March 5, 2013 at 5:53 PM

bluefox on March 5, 2013 at 5:37 PM

What business is it of mine? Are there secret handshakes and passwords one needs to have an opinion on Hot Air?

I’ve been around since Ed came, don’t comment often. You have just demonstrated the point of the list.

Thank you.

bluealice on March 5, 2013 at 5:53 PM

rrpjr on March 5, 2013 at 5:53 PM

Though my post wasn’t meant to be what you seem to think. But hate?
Yeah. See Sarah Palin and Mitt Romney. Pleanty of hate there.

bluealice on March 5, 2013 at 5:56 PM

bluefox on March 5, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Lighten up Francis

Alice was just using a bit of unique, possibly sardonic humor that is not lost of most of us here.

Seems every “conservative” eventually finds themselves in the “hated” category at one point or another by some of the commenters on here.

I would categorize the comments here in a few categories:

Witty/Jovial
Insightful/informative
Snark / snarkier and snarkiest
Anger/Frustration
Sturm und Drang
Eeyore and Doom
Brimstone and Schadenfreude

All making HA a great place to park your cup of Joe!

can_con on March 5, 2013 at 6:00 PM

I have to say, I live in the bluest part of Texas and for the most part any of our so called Democratic constituents would make any Northeast Republican Politician look like Nancy Pelosi. What the heck is in the drinking water?

DDay on March 5, 2013 at 6:01 PM

bluefox on March 5, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Thank you.

bluealice on March 5, 2013 at 5:53 PM

You are the one jumping on this thread with your insults, not I.
The only thing I’ve proved to you is that I don’t appreciate insults when nothing was even said to you. You have your preconceived ideas and expressed them. That doesn’t mean everyone is acceptive of them, which I’m one.

How long you’ve been here is irrelevant. There was no point to your remarks other than what I’ve stated. The topic of the thread wasn’t you, nor your list in case you haven’t noticed.

There are very few commenters that I ignore 95% of the time, I’ll add you to my list and you can do the same.

Cheers!!

bluefox on March 5, 2013 at 6:02 PM

can_con on March 5, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Humor? Really? LOL

I know the difference, thanks.

bluefox on March 5, 2013 at 6:05 PM

bluefox on March 5, 2013 at 6:05 PM

To each his own, it’s all what you make of it.

can_con on March 5, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Thanks can-con. bluefox, I’ll be sad knowing you will ignore me and sorry you have no sense of humor.

bluealice on March 5, 2013 at 6:11 PM

bluealice on March 5, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Add Dr Ben Carson to the list. They jump on a bandwagon, and as soon as the person utters one sentence they disagree. They HATE them

Much worse than Obots

Redford on March 5, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Dear Wingnuts:

At least do some research before deciding whether someone is conservative enough for the smell test.

The Governor of Virginia is an excellent manager and has been a good soldier for the GOP. Of course, that means nothing to the Pitbulls.

He is a RINO?

Oh Yea? wWat has he done to compare with Mitt’s Massachusetts Healthcare innovation?

He just signed a bill requiring ultrasounds b/4 abortions:

Amid continued protests from Democrats, Republican Governor Bob McDonnell on Wednesday signed into law a controversial bill requiring Virginia women to undergo an ultrasound procedure prior to having an abortion.

From CBS Online March 7, 2013 7:45 PM Lucy Madison…

IlikedAUH2O on March 5, 2013 at 7:22 PM

I know it is only the 5th of March.

IlikedAUH2O on March 5, 2013 at 7:25 PM

astonerii on March 5, 2013 at 2:46 PM

What else is he? Go on.

Rusty Allen on March 5, 2013 at 7:53 PM

…Big Tent…!

KOOLAID2 on March 5, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Maybe its just me, but CPAC is becoming a caricature of itself. Lots of people that think too much of themselves trying to show others how influential they are, how big their address books are, and how many hits their blogs have. There are great people there, but there are also massive egos. Cliques galore, its like high school all over again. I will miss socializing with my friends, but I will not miss the griping, the one-upsmanship, the secret conversations and planning about after hours events and how to invite so-and-so without so-and-so knowing about it.

TheLoudTalker on March 5, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Alice you left out a few:
Barack Hussein Obama
The Doom Quadrant:
Ed Morrissey
Allahpundit
Mary Katherine Ham
Erika Johnson
Also:
Sean Hannity
Bill O’Reilley
joking about the doom quadrant, but you never know!
can_con on March 5, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Also, anyone related to Townhall and National Review, although it’s still ok to like Mark Steyn.

Jazz Shaw is another one to add to your list. No self-respecting TrueCon of the HotAir commenter peanut gallery would not hate that guy.

bluegill on March 5, 2013 at 10:10 PM

rrpjr on March 5, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Specifically, here is everything you need to know.

Philistines upon you, America!

Shy Guy on March 6, 2013 at 3:21 AM