The sequester’s in, so get ready for a “slow grind” …of campaigning

posted at 4:01 pm on March 2, 2013 by Erika Johnsen

President Obama signed the order for sequestration to go into effect on Friday evening, after his This-Is-Happening press conference in which he chided, “We will get through this. This is not going to be an apocalypse, I think, as some people have said. It’s just dumb. And it’s going to hurt.” …Uhm, let’s holdup for a second: “As some people have said”? I would hope you are referring to yourself and all of your officials that you steadily marched out to sound the alarm like so many Chicken Littles. Walkback, much?

(Education Secretary Arne Duncan tried to pull a similar walkback on Friday, by the way, after his exaggerations about the sequester’s side effects on teachers were so inconveniently revealed — we just misinterpreted him, guys:

“What I said is that teachers were getting notices, and in the district we talked about, 110 teachers have gotten notices,” Duncan said Friday after touring the Rolling Elementary School in Takoma Park, Md. “I think there was a misinterpretation that I meant they were being laid off tomorrow.”

But the education secretary still did not indicate whether these notices could be definitively linked to the sequester, or whether they were part of an unrelated warning that affected low-income schools that receive Title I funding.

Really? Because, I’m pretty sure that your original statement last Sunday was, “there are, literally, teachers now who are getting pink slips; who are getting notices they can’t come back this fall,” and that with it you meant to imply that it was on account of the sequester. Literally.)

So let’s have none of this “some people” nonsense, and quit pretending like the president didn’t do everything in his power to make sequestration sound as godawful as possible in your attempt to hike taxes and smite Republicans.

But don’t worry, friends: Perhaps “not everyone will feel the pain of these cuts right away,” but I feel certain we’ll be hearing about every single negative effect that does occur, described in loving detail:

The reductions, which Obama formally ordered late Friday, are likely to remain in place for the foreseeable future. …

Over coming weeks, senior administration officials said, he will highlight people and localities hurt by the sequester, with the intention of creating pressure to force Republicans to concede. But the president said that could take months.

Ugh. Let the campaigning begin. …Oh, I’m sorry, did I say begin? I meant continue.

Comments

Dissembler in Chief.

AshleyTKing on March 2, 2013 at 4:04 PM

So he’s going to fly around the country and campaign against the pain that his idea is causing.

Forward!

Good Lt on March 2, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Yea… we are all going to be sequestered, hopefully Obama will be sequestered the longest and hardest.

SWalker on March 2, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Lie. Campaign. Vacation. Repeat.

Perpetually.

locomotivebreath1901 on March 2, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Obama has NO economic or fiscal agenda here. He has a POLITICAL agenda. He’s out to utterly destroy any resistance to an out-of-control and grossly swollen Central Government. The modern integrated mega-state along the lines of China is his constant objective, and he will pursue it with a blood thirsty ruthlessness.
The Republican Party is just the most obvious and ready opponent, but any opposition at all will be targeted for complete destruction. He doesn’t care even a little bit about anything economic.

Lew on March 2, 2013 at 4:11 PM

locomotivebreath1901 on March 2, 2013 at 4:10 PM

You forgot golf and have ‘quality time’ with the boys?
L

letget on March 2, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Forward!

Good Lt on March 2, 2013 at 4:09 PM

The only “pain” that exists is where Obama orders it to exist. I’m sure bureaucrats will purposely cut important things and slow down their already snail paced speed at TSA checkpoints, SS offices and post offices country wide to punish us plebes for only giving them 15 Billion additional dollars in FY 2013 then we did in FY 2012 instead of the 100 billion or whatever that they wanted.

Timin203 on March 2, 2013 at 4:16 PM

“Relax. I was lying when I said that. Seriously, you didn’t know?”

forest on March 2, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Every administration lies and spins, but what’s remarkable is just how transparent and easily refuted Der Liar’s regime’s lies are.

rbj on March 2, 2013 at 4:26 PM

I wouldn’t be surprised if government employees commit acts of sabotage that will be blamed on the sequester. ICE’s planned jailbreak was the opening salvo. The administration is leading by example.

Wigglesworth on March 2, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Amazing how the sequester hasn’t taken a bite out of his flight schedule.

The Blue Angels on the other hand…..

CurtZHP on March 2, 2013 at 4:29 PM

Sigh! There’s no getting around it – this is ALL going to come to Violence at some point/

I just wish it would start soon so that we can get PAST it!

williamg on March 2, 2013 at 4:35 PM

…remember when he said he would stop ‘campaigning’…and start ‘presidenting’?…and the media crawals around on their kneepads with bibs on, no ba11s… and plugs in their ears!

KOOLAID2 on March 2, 2013 at 4:36 PM

We will, we will, shock you!

tommy71 on March 2, 2013 at 4:38 PM

Someone please remind this as$hole that he got a $787 BILLION increase in spending in 2009, a ~25% bump to total federal spending for his precious stimulus and that it has been in the budget every year since!

Where is all that money being spent?

The sequester is a piddling 10% cut to a 25% increase. That still leaves him with a 22% overall increase in spending.

The Senate Dems refuse to pass a budget because they want to keep the stimulus level spending.

Charlemagne on March 2, 2013 at 4:39 PM

I am now convinced that this man is mentally ill…

mnjg on March 2, 2013 at 4:40 PM

He is such an awful petty little man.

gophergirl on March 2, 2013 at 4:42 PM

Lew on March 2, 2013 at 4:11 PM

Obama is a mentally ill person and at the end he is going to lose very badly and his legacy will be an ugly footnote in the history of this great Republic…

mnjg on March 2, 2013 at 4:43 PM

“What exactly do you want me to do?”

Electrongod on March 2, 2013 at 4:43 PM

“I am not a dictator”

“But…but..Mr President…..
Wave your hand or something…”

“I am not a Jedi..”

Electrongod on March 2, 2013 at 4:45 PM

KOOLAID2 on March 2, 2013 at 4:36 PM

You are assuming that he controls the media… In fact the opposite is true… The media created him and the media controls him…

mnjg on March 2, 2013 at 4:45 PM

Expect the Democrats to caucus to see how many rapes, murders, fires and orphans they can use to blame the GOP. Remember Benghazi was caused because the GOP resisted an unrelated State department budget request…for the next year.And the MSM felt that was credible.

pat on March 2, 2013 at 4:46 PM

mnjg on March 2, 2013 at 4:45 PM

…good point!

KOOLAID2 on March 2, 2013 at 4:48 PM

President Pinocchio, the Perpetual Prevaricator.

VorDaj on March 2, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Vulcan mind meld

tommy71 on March 2, 2013 at 4:52 PM

Lew on March 2, 2013 at 4:11 PM

He said it “Would be easier to be president of China”.

docflash on March 2, 2013 at 4:56 PM

To say this man is a vile human being is to understate the case. This man and the media who brung him are the lowest of the low, seeking to enslave a formerly free people. First it will be with the cotton-gloved hands of “free stuff” for more and more citizens, funded by confiscation of wealth from “the millionaires and billionaires”. Then, when it is learned that there never were enough millionaires and billionaires to fund all that free stuff and that the government has destroyed the economy, the gloves will come off and the iron hand will be revealed.

This is just typical politician behavior, the only cuts that will ever be made are those that the public can see and to things the public cares about. All of the hyperventilating going on right now and demonizing of the Republicans over this piddly <2% cut is to make absolutely sure that there will not be any more talks of cuts in the future. Ever.

AZfederalist on March 2, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Child sequesterer!

Rusty Allen on March 2, 2013 at 5:05 PM

someone grab a stick and poke this thread, I think it’s dead.

Timin203 on March 2, 2013 at 5:09 PM

Poke, poke. Its sleepy. We’re tired of doomsday spechifying. ;-)

tommy71 on March 2, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Forward!

Good Lt on March 2, 2013 at 4:09 PM

Obama’s Sequestration is hurting the nation!

To paraphrase John Kerry: It was Obama’s Sequestration before he was against it.

Hey, is everybody surviving, safe and snug in your Sequestration bunkers?

I wonder if anyone on Doomsday Preppers picked Obama’s Sequestration?

Galt2009 on March 2, 2013 at 5:23 PM

I don’t have the stomach for it, but someone should actually log the number of hours the klodhopper in chief has put in on the campaign trail since he was elected. I can’t for the life of me understand why anyone even goes to these events, unless they just adore him so much they don’t even realize he says the same things over and over and over again. Barrack Obama…the snake oil salesman in chief.

scalleywag on March 2, 2013 at 5:24 PM

rbj on March 2, 2013 at 4:26 PM

That’s because the Dear Liar knows he has the BSM to cover for him, and the reason for the Alinskyite attacks on those journalists who stray from the path and reveal the truth.

Galt2009 on March 2, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Does ANYONE pay attention to anything Jugears says anymore?

GarandFan on March 2, 2013 at 5:54 PM

For whatever reason,

New threads do not show up on my computer until they are very far along. In this case, I’m glad. I’m so pissed off and frustrated about politics right now I actually had to turn Rush Limbaugh off yesterday.

If anybody knows where there is a place to go to escape the destruction of our once great nation, please let me know. I used to be proud of our nation. Then they elected a committed socialist street thug. Then they re-elected the bastard.

I’m done with pretending that our government is even remotely in support of the ideals I hold most importantly. They are for rewarding illegal aliens and punishing business owners. They openly attack Christians while supporting Muslims and Atheists. They are in favor of sodomy even as they undermine the traditional family with ever increasing taxes and spending that only harms future generations.

All so they can keep a coalition of parasitic greedy stupid people happy when it comes to elections.

Happy Nomad on March 2, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Does ANYONE pay attention to anything Jugears says anymore?

GarandFan on March 2, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Doesn’t matter when the bastard’s comments are the only ones reported and/or assumed to be “reasonable.”

Yesterday’s idiotic question why the filthy bastard couldn’t lock Congressional leaders in a room until they agreed with him is only the latest example.

Happy Nomad on March 2, 2013 at 5:56 PM

Charlemagne on March 2, 2013 at 4:39 PM

I keep telling people this & they just blink at me as if they have no comprehension of what I just said.
Actually, I think they just find it incredible the federal budget just automatically grows every year like this.
It’s like they cannot believe it. IT’s surreal to them.
Really it gets to the point that no matter how you tell people, they just have no earthly clue & you shrug & think, well, let the fracker burn then.

Badger40 on March 2, 2013 at 6:18 PM

I am now convinced that this man is mentally ill…

mnjg on March 2, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Yes, the elephant in the room no one wants to speak about. There is something “off” about him.
This goes way beyond the give and take of politics.

diogenes on March 2, 2013 at 7:56 PM

mnjg on March 2, 2013 at 4:43 PM

As a student of history I have the unfortunate habit of constantly looking for parallels in the past to explain what I see around me. In that treacherous pursuit I have concluded that Obama is only understandable as a combination of two truly grotesque characters; Nero and Robert Mugabe.
Every time I see his face I’m reminded of the famous quote of Robert Oppenheimer, immediately after he’d witnessed the first successful test of a nuclear bomb. For years afterward he said he was haunted by the line from an ancient Hindu text called the Baghavadgida that reads “And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds!”

Lew on March 2, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Fear-Mongerer in Chief.

pilamaye on March 3, 2013 at 5:25 AM

Obama thinks that these things are his hammers.

Strange how many broken hammers he has made… little does he suspect that a new anvil is being cast from them and it has his name on it. For that is the way of the world.

ajacksonian on March 3, 2013 at 7:25 AM

We need politicians who don’t play “pass the turd”. In this case, Obingo has this little agenda and this plays right into it. When given two choices, he seems to always pick the one that hurst the conventional U.S. the most. Fact. A case needs to be built of his violating his oath of office. The COnstitution isnt something to be undermined. Its something our ancestors died for and something our soldiers today die to protect, yet Obingo uses it as toilet paper.

johnnyU on March 3, 2013 at 9:06 AM

Is his travel budget affected by the sequester?

ladyingray on March 3, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Wrong….
We don’t need politicians.
I never understood why even a crazy person would want to hurt small children…until now.
They are driven to it by really stupid adults.
It’s the bully syndrome.
As for Obingo and his Marxist minions, we’re coming for them.
Forget voting and all that other corrupted political crap…that required rules…The Constitution…when they got rid of the rules, they lost control of us.
We’re coming….kind of like a dripping faucet…one drop at a time until it overflows.
I read yesterday that Big Sis and the DHS has a new drone fleet to watch and listen to us…developed by some now retired military guy. Dead man walking.
Want to get rid of the drone fleet…..kill the drone drivers.
We’re coming…to Preserve, Protect and Defend the Constitution…
Oathkeepers….we’re coming….
III/0317

dirtengineer on March 3, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Obama doctrine: Punish your enemies. Relentlessly.
Who are his enemies? The American people.

maryo on March 3, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Happy Nomad on March 2, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Don’t forget the murder of babies on demand. Obama likes to murder babies and reward criminals. It moves us so far forward you see.

maryo on March 3, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Great! This will keep Barry busy for a while so we can continue to run down the clock.

Chuck Schick on March 3, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Obama is all blame, no responsibility, all fear and no plan!!

dddave on March 3, 2013 at 6:15 PM