Obama to reporter about sequester: What exactly do you want me to do?

posted at 2:41 pm on March 1, 2013 by Allahpundit

Via BuzzFeed and NRO, a brief seminar in leadership Hopenchange-style. Anyone want to answer his question? He’s spent the past few weeks talking about the slow-motion trainwreck of indiscriminate across-the-board cuts (a claim from which he’s swiftly retreating now that the public’s about to see for themselves how he exaggerated). Was there anything on the table at any point in this process that might have let him avert that? Was there anything not on the table that might have let him avert that?

Now that today’s big sequester photo op at the White House between Democrats and Republicans is over, I believe every last drop of “newsiness” has officially been wrung from the sequester. If you want to know what that looks like in practice, click here. That’s the buzziest thing to have come out of O’s presser.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Can you just go away?

Even for a day?

Too much?

How about just 8 hours without inflicting your mug and stutter on the American people?

Too much?

I hear Tiger’s looking for a foursome…

Go the F away!

ccrosby on March 1, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Obama to reporter about sequester: What exactly do you want me to do?

…something JugEars would find easy…FLUKE OFF…!!!

KOOLAID2 on March 1, 2013 at 9:30 PM

I hear Tiger’s looking for a foursome…
ccrosby on March 1, 2013 at 9:22 PM

I didn’t know Tiger was a homo.
But I guess Barack will bring along Reggie, and he might be able to find Larry Sinclair.

LegendHasIt on March 1, 2013 at 9:31 PM

You’re right, Scooter, you’re NOT a dictator – you’re just a d!k

PJ Emeritus on March 1, 2013 at 9:35 PM

LegendHasIt on March 1, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Heh! Tiger’s sexual appetite seems unquenchable, who knows?

ccrosby on March 1, 2013 at 9:46 PM

The obvious “I’m not a dictator” photoshop.

BKeyser on March 1, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Well done. Very well done.

unclesmrgol on March 1, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Soooooooooooooo…since obama has now signed it, is there a list somewhere that shows what is affected?

And is there any possibility that they can work something out in the next 30 days?

BallisticBob on March 1, 2013 at 10:27 PM

You REALLY have to feel for the guy; I mean he has tried ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING. Those damned Republicans have thwarted HIM at every turn. I mean; SHEESH! /SARCASM

EA_MAN on March 1, 2013 at 11:04 PM

what a tool
President my fat cheeseburger filed arse

losarkos on March 1, 2013 at 11:31 PM

What a joke

Posturing to make the republicans cave

And now he blaims it on repubs grid lock not able to give up loopholes for the wealthy in exchange for severely hurting the military and other social services

What he wanted was military cuts
And to put the republicans hands all over any crisis
2014 elections and dictator realized
Thankfully most low info voters don’t vote in the mid years

2.2% cuts in a budget that has grown 40% since dems took the Hill in 2007.
The stimukus wasn’t a one time thing, it’s built in every yers budget

Now they are talking about grounding the Blue Angels
When the military spends 100 billion on conferences
Not to mention Obama’s non stop use of airforce one
Golf anyone?

The republicans must bring forward a clear message
What a bunch of incompetant dolts letting obama control all the dialog

This is treason and must be stopped

audiotom on March 2, 2013 at 2:09 AM

Obama spent 7 minutes in negociations today and virtally none on sequestration

He has no need for working with the legislative branches
Or the supreme court

audiotom on March 2, 2013 at 2:12 AM

It will eventually come to this!

pilamaye on March 2, 2013 at 7:30 AM

The reporters laughing like a bunch idiots make my want to throw up.

They are so in the tank for the Cult of O.

The ‘White House Press Corps’ are a sad anachronism. They believe it’s a prestigious position when all they do is stand around in all weathers and parrot WH press releases, and so every report from every network is exactly the same.

Flying on AF1 or any other government-funded plane instantly and automatically invalidates their ‘journalist’ credentials, to say nothing of being taken (along with their families) on ski trips etc. Is it any wonder they think soaking the taxpayer is a good thing?

The WH press corps haven’t changed their methods since WWII and especially JFK’s years when they self-censored and simply provided a Greek chorus. Watergate was broken by two reporters NOT assigned to the president on a daily basis and the same with Clinton/Lewinsky.

jangle12 on March 2, 2013 at 7:30 AM

‘I only mug it up like Mussolini, but I am not a dictator.’

Say, President Obama, how about you do your job, cut out some of the low level bureaucrats? Heck, at 2% that is just a couple of unpaid holidays for everyone outside of DoD, so why not try that, instead of grandstanding?

There are plenty of ways to cut spending without endangering the Nation President Omoron.

ajacksonian on March 2, 2013 at 7:33 AM

Watch Obama’s every move . . . he’ll do his damndest to cause as much pain as possible just to push his leftist agendas.

rplat on March 2, 2013 at 7:42 AM

POSOTUS :(

tbear44 on March 2, 2013 at 7:47 AM

I think his use of the word “dictator” is telling.
This narcistic tool wishes he was given the authority to be a
dictator.

Wait, hasn’t the media already given him the authority?

Amjean on March 2, 2013 at 8:53 AM

New Steyn…

Sequestageddon

Resist We Much on March 2, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Obama: “I am not a Dictator, I’m the President

Me: “You keep on saying that word..I do not thin’ it means what you thin’ it means.”

/hat-tip, Indigo Montoya.

a5minmajor on March 2, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Obama to reporter about sequester: What exactly do you want me to do?

Resign?

Dr. ZhivBlago on March 2, 2013 at 9:41 AM

He might attempt to perform the duties he was hired for. Of course he has no clue how to lead, manage or organize anything. He just knows what he wants. Much like a spoiled brat.

dogsoldier on March 2, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Your Azzhole in Chief

Schadenfreude on March 2, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Can you just go away?

Even for a day?

Too much?

Please please PLEASE! I woke up thinking this.

congma on March 2, 2013 at 12:53 PM

I really think the country would be greatly served if Obama would spend a few hours each day practicing calling down. in traffic.

tom daschle concerned on March 2, 2013 at 1:09 PM

*falling.

tom daschle concerned on March 2, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Only a man without a shred of a conscience could stand up there and lie, and lie, and lie, and lie…

The reporter asks him to clarify his position, and he immediately bullies her. It’s like he’s an abusive husband and the reporter is a battered wife. Eerie and horrible and disgusting, all at the same time.

gordo on March 2, 2013 at 5:08 PM

“I am not a dictator” –
“I just play one on television”.

diogenes on March 2, 2013 at 8:26 PM

“What exactly do you want me to do?”

Go to hell.

Ronnie on March 2, 2013 at 11:56 PM

Resign for my kids and grand kids!

Gooch on March 3, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Any one want to throw out their opinion on which is taking the largest toll on America remaining a FREE COUNTRY? Politicians following the Constitution or the President seeking an “Executive Order” for a third term?

MSGTAS on March 4, 2013 at 8:04 AM

I’m hoping against hope for spontaneous human combustion…

Pest on March 4, 2013 at 9:57 AM

O’s thinking –”I am not a dictator. But if I were we wouldn’t be having all these problems.”

Pest on March 4, 2013 at 9:59 AM

I am not a dictator

True enough – he’s just a dick.

woodNfish on March 4, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Nixon – “I am not a crook.”

Obama – “I am not a dictator.”

Turned out that Nixon was a crook – the coverup part, not the break-in.

Thus far, Obama has proven himself to be a dictator in all but name. Not for nothing but that jug-eared skankweasel’s favorite clothing store is Banana Republic.

CatchAll on March 4, 2013 at 8:28 PM