Obama to reporter about sequester: What exactly do you want me to do?

posted at 2:41 pm on March 1, 2013 by Allahpundit

Via BuzzFeed and NRO, a brief seminar in leadership Hopenchange-style. Anyone want to answer his question? He’s spent the past few weeks talking about the slow-motion trainwreck of indiscriminate across-the-board cuts (a claim from which he’s swiftly retreating now that the public’s about to see for themselves how he exaggerated). Was there anything on the table at any point in this process that might have let him avert that? Was there anything not on the table that might have let him avert that?

Now that today’s big sequester photo op at the White House between Democrats and Republicans is over, I believe every last drop of “newsiness” has officially been wrung from the sequester. If you want to know what that looks like in practice, click here. That’s the buzziest thing to have come out of O’s presser.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

“I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents.” — James Madison

Schadenfreude on March 1, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Resigning would be nice.

kingsjester on March 1, 2013 at 2:44 PM

To my bad, I made an exception and watched this oaf.

My brain and ears are still hurting.

Urkel is Einsteinean in comparison.

The media diverted with stupid unrelated questions.

He can’t construct a coherent sentence for nothing and he speaks like the fool he is. Harvard should ask for their money back.

He did emphasize two things:

1. “I’m not a dictator, I’m president”.

2. “This will not be as dramatic as…er…da…ah….” whatever. He wants to get out of DC badly, and golf some more. He was bored and embarrassed by his own idiocy. He could hardly look at the cameras or up.

The land s/b ashamed to have him as Lilliputian in Chief.

Schadenfreude on March 1, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Obama to reporter about sequester: What exactly do you want me to do?

Oh, I don’t know, sport. Sit down with Boehner, Pelosi, Reid, and McConnell and come up with an alternative set of cuts that both sides can live with? You’re seriously telling me you can’t find $85(or 44) billion from a $3.6 trillion budget that’s expendable?

Doughboy on March 1, 2013 at 2:45 PM

How about backing off of tax increases and finding “responsible” cuts? Can’t believe one reporter didn’t have the balls to say that.

ButterflyDragon on March 1, 2013 at 2:46 PM

The short version

Schadenfreude on March 1, 2013 at 2:46 PM

What exactly do you want me to do?

Move to Kenya with your family and become a dicktater in your fatherland :D

burrata on March 1, 2013 at 2:46 PM

“I am not a dictator.” Where have I heard something like that before?

Next thing I want to hear him say is “You won’t have Obama to kick around any more.”

Stu Gotts on March 1, 2013 at 2:47 PM

kingsjester on March 1, 2013 at 2:44 PM

+100
L

letget on March 1, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Look into my nostrils, as I gaze down upon the filth.

- Barack Obama.

You demanded it, you own it – you pathetic, Ivy League educated imbecile.

OhEssYouCowboys on March 1, 2013 at 2:48 PM

To my bad, I made an exception and watched this oaf.
My brain and ears are still hurting.
Schadenfreude on March 1, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Yes, you are dumber for having heard it.

Everyone is dumber, but the Obama magic is that although the proggies are dumber too, they FEEL smarter.

Marcola on March 1, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Couldn’t we cut 85 billion from the budget if Michelle Antoinette stopped going on vacation?

baldylox on March 1, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Hows about cutting a few million out of your vacay trips, there, sport? Just for starters, you understand. Then you could stop paying for Shotgun Joe’s SS detail; Joe can obviously take care of himself.

ghostwalker1 on March 1, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Are we going to talk Jedi mind meld?

Illinidiva on March 1, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Has the media no shame at all?

Come on, folks. Obama meets this morning with the Congressional leadership (using the term loosely), has a danish and heads out for a photo op? It’s the FIRST meeting he has held with the Republican side since he was sworn in?!

And nobody notices?

IndieDogg on March 1, 2013 at 2:50 PM

“I am not a dictator.” Where have I heard something like that before?

Stu Gotts on March 1, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Yeah, but first he would have to have Bob Woodward on his case….oh wait. Hey, anyone seen Checkers the dog recently? Check Obama’s mouth!

Doughboy on March 1, 2013 at 2:50 PM

That he and Napolitano released illegal alien felons, as an excuse from the sequester, makes the two of them national criminals.

Schadenfreude on March 1, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Saw the dog and pony show.

Two notes:
First: The first 5 questions were from lap dogs. NPR, etc. The media should be able to see that they are being played.

Second: Butterfly nailed it. “Why don’t you take new taxes off the table?” is an obvious question that NOT ONE reporter asked.

Bensonofben on March 1, 2013 at 2:50 PM

I watched this presser at the gym; it went on, and on, and on; O never took a break from his fear mongering, spinning, blaming, lying, bullying, etc.

With spending out of control the way it is, why can’t we make spending cuts? There is NO REASON it has to be tied to tax increases. 1) We already raised taxes 2 months ago and spent it all without putting a dime towards the deficit. 2) We can cut spending without tying it to anything at all. Preezy might as well be saying ‘we can’t cut spending without everybody doing 10 somersaults.’ Just make the reasonable spending cuts already, you jackwagon. If there are any troll out there who want to explain why cuts can’t be made without raising taxes, make my day.

Jackalope on March 1, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Obama to reporter about sequester: What exactly do you want me to do?

Heck if I know. It WAS your idea. What were you thinking to do back when you proposed it.

But, I’ll bite. _ Tell the TRUTH.

Jabberwock on March 1, 2013 at 2:51 PM

If only Commander Zero had another term – this would be his campaign promise:

I will go to Detroit.

OhEssYouCowboys on March 1, 2013 at 2:51 PM

You demanded it, you own it – you pathetic, Ivy League educated imbecile.

OhEssYouCowboys on March 1, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Your honesty is endearing :)

Schadenfreude on March 1, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Oh, and Biden would follow up with -

I, too, will go to Indiana.

OhEssYouCowboys on March 1, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Dodged the question about taking some responsibility…. its all the gops fault and the wh press corps lets him get away with it matches

cmsinaz on March 1, 2013 at 2:52 PM

These are NOT cuts.

Please quit using the term. These are just slower increases in spending.

Schadenfreude on March 1, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Your honesty is endearing :)

Schadenfreude on March 1, 2013 at 2:51 PM

:O)

OhEssYouCowboys on March 1, 2013 at 2:53 PM

I’ve got an idea, how about a balanced approach to spending cuts. Hey, maybe you can find some spending that benefits all those millionaires and billionaires you seem to take such pleasure in lambasting all the time. Or maybe cut out all those green energy “investments” that keep going bankrupt. You and your public relations arm (the MSM) keep telling us how smart you are. I’m sure if you really put your mind to it, you could find 2% of that massive federal budget that you could cut and nobody would even know it was gone. You know, kind of like you and the national drug intelligence center.

AZfederalist on March 1, 2013 at 2:54 PM

He said “the public is with me, and the Republicans too – eventually the congress will get around to listen to their constituents”.

May all the Rs who are with him be utterly destroyed by him. YOU deserve NO less.

Schadenfreude on March 1, 2013 at 2:54 PM

How about Facebook, Google and GE pay taxes?

Schadenfreude on March 1, 2013 at 2:55 PM

This presser was about one thing.

Giving his MSM lapdogs a handful soundbites they can use to illustrate how Obama told you so, when the least little hiccup happens.

fogw on March 1, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Can Michelle Obama still find $500 sneakers to wear, after the sequester?

OhEssYouCowboys on March 1, 2013 at 2:56 PM

All I can think about watching all of this is the scene in the movie Dave where he just publically calls everyone out and makes cuts:
Dave Budget Cuts

nextgen_repub on March 1, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Want?

Tell the truth for once in your feckless life.. and admit you’d walk on hot coals rather than cut a single dime, even with proof that a program is an abject failure.. cough, Head Start.. cough..

But that would require you back track on all the rock throwing and demonizing you’ve spent your life doing.. wouldn’t it?

mark81150 on March 1, 2013 at 2:56 PM

I’m not a dictator, I’m the president. – Obama

Could have fooled me…

ButterflyDragon on March 1, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Yeah, or how about asking why he said he would veto legislation giving him the latitude to make the cuts where he sees fit that the Senate voted on, but failed.

Even when he gives a press conference after all of their grumblings about not having the chance to “grill” the president, they finally get it and choke! Why wouldn’t he keep doing what is working since he is NEVER held accountabe for a damn thing! Pathetic!

Let’s see what happens when the CR comes up next month and if these cuts are maintained, or vanish.

Patriot Vet on March 1, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Waaahhh, most powerful man on Earth helpless in the face of his own requested sequester cuts. Waaaaahhh

JeremiahJohnson on March 1, 2013 at 2:57 PM

How about that the entire gov’t gets audited.

Greta had a segment a couple of nights ago that the gov’t princes/princesses, go outside of DC, not that far, for “team building sessions” and book hotels “because the traffic is bad”.

Imagine that. You work to sustain these fools. They don’t know how to behave at work, you pay for their fancy hotels, schluffing off on team b/s, pay for their gasoline and etc. Meanwhile the rats eat their offices while they lazy butts are out wasting your dough.

To Hades with them, those who pay taxes for them and Obama/Boehner.

The Rs are worse than the Ds. The former enable the latter in the realizaion of their destructive Utopian dreams.

Schadenfreude on March 1, 2013 at 2:58 PM

“…, I believe every last drop of “newsiness” has officially been wrung from the sequester.”

It’s just starting…

… the economic collapse fast approaching due to Obowma’s policies, laws, and regulations put in motion two years ago are about to hit the fan, and all will be blamed on the ‘Republican Sequester’.

And guess who’s going to carry the water for Barry…

Seven Percent Solution on March 1, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Just irks me the lsm is letting him get away without taking ANY responsibility for creating this boondoggle

cmsinaz on March 1, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Jackalope on March 1, 2013 at 2:51 PM

The obvious answer is that Obama doesn’t want a deal. He needs a foil for the impending economic hardship that’s about to befall all of us thanks to his tax & spend policies coupled with Obamacare. He can’t blame Bush anymore. And if he’s going to try to pin everything on the House GOP, he has to have something specific to tie them to. He can’t blame it on spending cuz he’s the one refusing to cut anything. Boehner and Co. effectively neutered the tax argument by caving on $600 billion in revenue in the fiscal cliff deal. And he clearly can’t complain about the unintended consequences of Obamacare considering no Republican in the House or Senate voted for it. So that leaves the sequester. As crazy and stupid as it sounds, he’s gonna try to shift the blame for any negative economic news over the next 4 years onto the GOP for allowing the sequester to happen. Mark my words.

Doughboy on March 1, 2013 at 3:00 PM

How about surprising us by using your judgment? Let’s see what you propose, you’ve only been in office for four years and two months and have the, oh I don’t know, like the whole Executive Branch working for you.

It’s too big a job for him. He can’t handle the office. Heck, he can’t even get the Executive Branch to do what Bush could do eight years running: prepare a budget document for him to submit to Congress on time.

Dusty on March 1, 2013 at 3:00 PM

This guy passes himself off as the “leader of the free world” when in fact he couldn’t lead a duck to water. He is a shameful disgrace.

rplat on March 1, 2013 at 3:00 PM

President Obama I forgot you were standing there – Doc Holiday.

Oil Can on March 1, 2013 at 3:01 PM

It’s a good day not to work for the Government.

Electrongod on March 1, 2013 at 3:02 PM

He keeps repeating this garbage because he wants people to demand he become the dictator he wishes he was.

So that’s how it gets done. Send out the word… “I can’t fix anything because I’m not a dictator!” which translates “If you make me a dictator.. I can fix things.”

JellyToast on March 1, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Did he have time to get reporters to stand behind him?

rogerb on March 1, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Obama to reporter about sequester: What exactly do you want me to do?

I cannot answer that question without profanity, so I’ll pass this time.

Physics Geek on March 1, 2013 at 3:05 PM

You demanded it, you own it – you pathetic, Ivy League educated imbecile.

OhEssYouCowboys on March 1, 2013 at 2:48 PM

true..

and the MSM will do anything they can, to keep the mud from landing on his glow in the dark imitation Jesus robes.. They have too much invested in creating him to let him stumble now.. God however has his own plans.. and I don’t believe he’s done with America yet..

mark81150 on March 1, 2013 at 3:05 PM

And guess who’s going to carry the water for Barry…

Seven Percent Solution on March 1, 2013 at 2:59 PM

The same folks we should be throwing up against the wall.

tom daschle concerned on March 1, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Sequestration is OBAMA’S bill.
Obama’s administration has been caught the last few days LYING about the ‘apocolyptic events’…
Maxine Waters said 178 MILLION people will lose their jobs…

Wat do we want him to do? How about RESIGN?!

easyt65 on March 1, 2013 at 3:06 PM

George Washington said once something like “if you’re speaking it, you’re thinking about it. And acting on it is merely just a step from speaking it.”

JellyToast on March 1, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Heh

Schadenfreude on March 1, 2013 at 3:06 PM

What exactly do you want me to do?

Get the hell out of the way.

Good Lt on March 1, 2013 at 3:07 PM

How about Facebook, Google and GE pay taxes?

Schadenfreude on March 1, 2013 at 2:55 PM

+ 1000 !

Lucano on March 1, 2013 at 3:08 PM

This is going to be interesting.
Just hear on the news that California is going to be taking a $10 BILLION hit from the sequester.
Time to start adding stuff up. Keep a running tab of all the claims. My guess is that claims excede requirements.

I’ll start with CA. $10 Billion ( or 20-25% of this year’s 43B )

Jabberwock on March 1, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Sorry but Obama gave everyone plenty of fair warning on his inability to lead:

BP oil spill: “What do you want me to do? Suck it out with a straw?”

can_con on March 1, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Doughboy on March 1, 2013 at 3:00 PM

This is so obvious. Whether people are too dumb or dangerously playing along with the destruction of our country is irrelevant, but sad sad sad none the less.

Jackalope on March 1, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Resign. Now .

Philly on March 1, 2013 at 3:09 PM

“I’m not a Dictator..” – Obama

Freud would have a field day

workingclass artist on March 1, 2013 at 3:09 PM

I…
Schadenfreude on March 1, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Funny thing, Government people who really do work don’t have that luxury. We do business with folks in Lexington Park, MD. When they travel, they have to fly through either Baltimore or D.C. They are not allowed, by federal regulations, to stay overnight in D.C. or Baltimore because they are too close (about a 3 hour drive). Even if their flight gets in at midnight after a full day at their destination or if the flight leaves at 6 or 7 in the morning from D.C. and they will have a full day of work at the place to which they travel.

AZfederalist on March 1, 2013 at 3:09 PM

“I can’t do some kind of Jedi Mind Meld on congressional Republicans,” Obama said.

I really hate faux geeks

J_Crater on March 1, 2013 at 3:10 PM

I’m listening to this therapeutic music [for some reason, it fits my mood] -

Black Sabbath’s first album

OhEssYouCowboys on March 1, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Heh

Schadenfreude on March 1, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Excellent likeness of Moochie.

fogw on March 1, 2013 at 3:10 PM

“I am not a dictator.”

Slight tweak.

“I am a wannabe dictator.”

Bmore on March 1, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Obama and his media lapdogs are beyond pathetic. He passes himself off as the “leader of the free world” when in fact he couldn’t lead a duck to water. He is a shameful disgrace.

rplat on March 1, 2013 at 3:11 PM

What exactly do you want me to do?

LEAD comes to mind, you simpleton.

GarandFan on March 1, 2013 at 3:11 PM

If only Commander Zero had another term – this would be his campaign promise:

I will go to Detroit.

OhEssYouCowboys on March 1, 2013 at 2:51 PM

They will try…

Can’t complete the transformation of the country in a mere 8 years can they?

Yep!

workingclass artist on March 1, 2013 at 3:11 PM

What exactly do you want me to do?

Really? Give the order to stand down of course.

Bmore on March 1, 2013 at 3:11 PM

When will you wingnutz get it?! We need to cut spending through the tax code!!! We should be collecting 100% of your income in taxes, but through our own benevolence, we’ve spent 60/70 cents of every dollar in tax rebates. Those expenses add up quickly!

crrr6 on March 1, 2013 at 3:12 PM

And the GOP is doing absolutely nothing to confront the lies Obama is spreading. No commercials. No campaigning of their own. No meetings. No speeches. No press conferences. Nothing. They just sit there “waiting for Obama to lead” or call them for another meeting.

So is it any wonder why we are losing the country? Is it really because Obama is so clever or is it really because our leadership does absolutely nothing.

JellyToast on March 1, 2013 at 3:12 PM

“I’m not a Dictator..” – Obama

Freud would have a field day

workingclass artist on March 1, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Especially when “Dicktator” is used.

OhEssYouCowboys on March 1, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Doughboy on March 1, 2013 at 3:00 PM

THIS.

TarheelBen on March 1, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Republican senator Jeff Sessions had a pretty good response:

The President had 18 months to develop reforms to improve the government, but instead he announced furloughs of federal workers….

Yet, his golf weekend at the yacht club with Tiger Woods cost taxpayers over a million dollars—enough money to save 341 federal workers from furlough.”

Cavalry on March 1, 2013 at 3:14 PM

“I’m not a Dictator..” – Obama

Freud would have a field day

workingclass artist on March 1, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Any time I hear Obama saying “I am not a dictator,” I’m reminded of the first term wistful remarks by Thomas Friedman and Woody Allen basically wishing Obama was a dictator.

Which I’m sure others on the left discuss among themselves, and the lightworker no doubt mentions to his closest advisers as well when the cameras and digital recorders are out of range. Obama wouldn’t be whining about not being one so much if he wasn’t thinking about it a lot, and likely griping as well about the Constitution that keeps him from simply silencing any opposition.

jon1979 on March 1, 2013 at 3:14 PM

I bet Obama expected the Pubs to cave long before today. That they haven’t (yet) must really have him fuming. By tonight, he should be in full tantrum mode, and might refuse like a kid threatening to hold his breath to sign the order implementing the spending cuts that aren’t really cuts.

I’m surprised he didn’t make mention that kids won’t get their school lunches the next two days because of the sequester.

To answer this slime devil’s question of what I want him to do, the politest thing I can say is, “Resign and take Biden with you.”

Liam on March 1, 2013 at 3:14 PM

“I am not a dictator.”

Despite how much he’d been wishing otherwise… Hey, didn’t he mention wishing he’d have the same sort of dictatorial powers as the ruling class of China?

Ukiah on March 1, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Schadenfreude on March 1, 2013 at 2:58 PM

I kinda have a soft-spot for Greta.

OhEssYouCowboys on March 1, 2013 at 3:14 PM

I’m only the President…what do you want me to do?

Mind-numbing lunacy!

cajunpatriot on March 1, 2013 at 3:15 PM

This is going to be interesting.

I’ll start with CA. $10 Billion ( or 20-25% of this year’s 43B )

Jabberwock on March 1, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Someone already did. I believe the 85 billion in cuts has morphed into 250 billion when adding the White House’s state by state analyses.

The next thing the Republicans should do is force Obama to follow through on his promises of spending cuts in these state-by-state analyses.

weaselyone on March 1, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Bmore, search for “horrible accidents” for more of your latest endeavour.

Schadenfreude on March 1, 2013 at 3:15 PM

What exactly do you want me to do?

Simple: Lead – Follow – or Get the Frick out of the Way!

not-ur-avragejoe on March 1, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Obama to reporter about sequester: What exactly do you want me to do?

Answer: Grow a pair and lead

NeoDawg on March 1, 2013 at 3:16 PM

#IAmNotaDictator is the top trend on twitter now.

And I wrote about Obama acting like a dictator on my blog this morning well before his presser. Sometimes, my timing is good! :)

WannabeAnglican on March 1, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Thanks OK Mr. President. No one can do a Jedi Mind Meld.

Do think you should contact Mr. Spock, though.

( Rolling my eyes like Klinger on MASH )

Jabberwock on March 1, 2013 at 3:17 PM

I kinda have a soft-spot for Greta.

OhEssYouCowboys on March 1, 2013 at 3:14 PM

She and her husband and Clintonites but she tries hard to remain objective and critical of all.

——-
Bmore, what I meant – feature the “Cash for clunkers Pimp”, with the truck/car accidents theme.

Schadenfreude on March 1, 2013 at 3:17 PM

AGAIN – The Elitists at Hot Air have COVERED for Obama and chosen NOT to headline this post with THE REAL meaningrful quote from this “event” – which DRUDGE got RIGHT (go to DRUDGE to see it). That quopte is:

“I Am Not A Dicator”

…..which I assume ALSO includes the thought: “I Am Not A Witch”

williamg on March 1, 2013 at 3:17 PM

“What exactly do you want me to do?”

I have a long list of things that you should be doing yet are incapable of doing.

1) Act like a man Never mind.

2) Stop whining. Never mind.

Forget the list.

Here’s what you can do.

Mugabe just turned 89 years old. My understanding is that we have assets in Africa that could easily take him out.

Do it. You get Zimbabwe. They will adore you, and they’re used to having “leaders” who pi$$ all over them. The country is asset rich, and if you get your act together you could easily exploit resources without the hassles you encounter here (like Congress and half the American public).

Take AF1. Just take the damned thing. Take the kids and your ghastly wife. Become another Third World, Banana Republic big shot with the UN so you can continue to pillage economies…..

But just get the phuck out of here.

Cody1991 on March 1, 2013 at 3:18 PM

What exactly do you want me to do?

Move to Kenya with your family and become a dicktater sublet a share of your haf-brother’s abode in your fatherland :D

What he deserves. Even Kenya doesn’t deserve a doofus diktater like Barry. On the other hand, if he were diktater there, he probably wouldn’t last long in power. Somehow I sense Kenya doesn’t have for their leaders the safeguards we have four ours.

hawkeye54 on March 1, 2013 at 3:19 PM

“I’m not a Dictator crook.” – Obama Nixon

Wigglesworth on March 1, 2013 at 3:19 PM

JellyToast on March 1, 2013 at 3:03 PM

His media arm (also known as the MSM) has been pushing this narrative for a while now. Look at all of the lamenting that he has to deal with a legislature, contrast to how efficient China is because its leaders can just say, “do such and such” and it gets done.

Yes, I think you are correct, he is pushing for sweeping executive power. The Constitution? Didn’t the NYT (another of his media arms) have an opinion piece about how it is outdated and it is silly for people to be clinging to it?

This past election showed that way too many of our citizens are wanting to be ruled, so there is a sizable base that would have no problem with having a king. This is getting pressed in subtle ways throughout the democrat’s many public relations arms. Have any of you heard the AARP branded college investment commercial where the cute little kid voice tells how he wants to be “king of the United States. But I won’t make people bow to me”? That’s a national commercial, don’t think it was just “cute”; it would have been equally cute for the kid to say he wanted to be “President of the United States”.

It may not happen on Jugears watch, but the push is on now for not just a strong federal government — they’ve got that, but for a strong, single point of authority.

AZfederalist on March 1, 2013 at 3:19 PM

“I’m not a Dictator crook.” – Obama Nixon

Barry actually operates as both. And name any dictator that really a crook, too.

hawkeye54 on March 1, 2013 at 3:21 PM

This incompetent boob just spent the last few weeks on a national scare tour in which millions of straw men perished, and now he wants us to believe he did everything he could? Beyond his radical ideology, this is the most inept and immature man to ever occupy the White House. He makes Jimmy Carter look like Lincoln.

RadClown on March 1, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Schadenfreude on March 1, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Yup, she tries hard and, sometimes, you can tell that she really gets pissed-off with the lying, Leftist filth.

OhEssYouCowboys on March 1, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Nixon said, “I am not a crook.” Everyone knew he was lying.

Obama said, “I am not a dictator.” And all the President’s Men (and Women) in the press conference nodded and chuckled with adoration.

Curtiss on March 1, 2013 at 3:21 PM

OD on coke would be good.

mixplix on March 1, 2013 at 3:21 PM

The CORRECT headline is here:

williamg on March 1, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Hmm, inept and immature. No wonder he is so admired by his supporting voter base. They can relate to him.

hawkeye54 on March 1, 2013 at 3:22 PM

“I am not a dictator – but I play one on TV.”

Logic on March 1, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Hold talks before the deadline instead after the deadline? And move your demands toward you opponent’s demands instead of away from them during a negotiation.

There’s two things normal people do when they actually want a deal to occur.

forest on March 1, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Here is a 10 point tip for Pres. Obama.

1. Give up drugs.
2. Join NA’s.
3. Admit your sins.
4. Learn to tell the truth.
5. Balance your own house hold budget for pratice.
6. Take a job on a Texas oil drilling rig for two weeks in the Perimam Basin , Midland/Odessa area in July, work as a day floor hand.
7. Learn to tell yourself the truth.
8. Take a look around at the wreck.
9. Do not run from the wreck and claim it was your wife driving.
10. Know thyself.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on March 1, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Alinsky, rolling and smiling.

FlaMurph on March 1, 2013 at 3:23 PM