Connecticut Dem to 17-year-old girl: If you’re bashful, I’ve got a snake right here under my desk

posted at 4:01 pm on March 1, 2013 by Allahpundit

Via Political Wire, your feelbad audio of the day. Taegan Goddard at PW names the guy’s party; the Connecticut Post, you’ll be cheered to know, does not.

Did I forget to mention that he said this at a public hearing? Out: War on women. In: War on girls.

“After I first heard about it, I thought maybe in the broader sense maybe he was misunderstood and it may not be that big a deal,” [Connecticut House Speaker J. Brendan] Sharkey said in an interview.

“But based on the audio, it’s hard to interpret it that way. It’s hard for anyone who heard the audio or was there to think it was anything other than a sexual innuendo.

“I guess the best word I can use to describe this is disturbing,” Sharkey said.

Ernest Hewett, the man responsible, has now been stripped of his deputy speakership and is being pressured by Republicans to resign. His defense? He meant to say something, er, completely different:

Hewett said his remark came out wrong and he understood how it could be misconstrued. According to The Day of New London, he said Thursday: “What I meant to say was, if you are shy then I have an acre of land in the Everglades.”

Mm hmm. Here’s the audio; judge for yourself. The only thing that gives me pause is that … this guy couldn’t possibly have thought this was acceptable, right? If he’s so tone-deaf as to have meant this the way it sounds, despite a roomful of people sitting around him (all of whom seem to laugh merrily, by the way), how did he get this far in politics without detonating his career long, long ago?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Then why this ?

Jabberwock on March 1, 2013 at 4:51 PM

Maybe its the big FU to anyone who thinks there’s something there?

Is his response enough to convict him of being a child molester? For some, apparently so.

People see and hear what they want to see and hear. We accuse blacks of seeing racism behind everything. Why do they see racism behind everything? Because they’re looking for it.

BobMbx on March 1, 2013 at 4:59 PM

Sorry, I don’t think he meant it the way it came out of his mouth. My opinion.

KCB on March 1, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Then what do you think he meant? He says he meant land in the Everglades. Do you know something he doesn’t?

If he said it was just a thoughtless brain fart, then I might understand. But he just doubled down on stupid.

RadClown on March 1, 2013 at 5:00 PM

How does Maxine Waters get re-elected?
Schadenfreude on March 1, 2013 at 4:10 PM

One of the great mysteries of the Universe.

Dr. Frank Enstine on March 1, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Sorry I can’t get offended by this. Our culture has devolved to this point and this guy is simply a product of it. Is the remake out in left field sure. Is a 17 year old a child? No not really. Has she probably heard worse in her life. Most likely. Is this right? No. But then who really cares. We have the POTUS giving the finger to his debate partners. We had a VP scream FU in the senate. Compared to that this is lightwieght crap. Maybe its time we stop being “offended” and allow this people to say what they want so we can finally understand just how depraved these people are. Our “leaders” are scum and they should not habve power over us except in very limited defined areas.

This should serve as a wake up call but I doubt anyone will wake up and vote these theives, creeps and scum out of office.

unseen on March 1, 2013 at 4:53 PM

Classic example of a strawman defense:

“Why are you giving me a hard time for robbing the bank?, that guy over there raped a kid”

NapaConservative on March 1, 2013 at 5:02 PM

How do these POS dems live past their first cute remark like
that. . . . He was so easy with spitting it out it had to be
something he’s comfortable saying or hinting with.

Grease the bastard.

Texyank on March 1, 2013 at 5:05 PM

RadClown on March 1, 2013 at 5:00 PM

I don’t claim to know what he was thinking any more than you know. Stating my opinion. Another opinion would be that this kind of reaction makes it easy to paint conservatives as extreme. But, that is just my opinion. Feel free to pile on. I can take it.

KCB on March 1, 2013 at 5:06 PM

NapaConservative on March 1, 2013 at 5:02 PM

It’s actually “If you think I am ugly, you gotta check out my sister.”

Archivarix on March 1, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Sorry, I don’t think he meant it the way it came out of his mouth. My opinion.

KCB on March 1, 2013 at 4:25 PM

In all seriousness…are you really that naive?

Solaratov on March 1, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Classic example of a strawman defense:

NapaConservative on March 1, 2013 at 5:02 PM

nope. If you get offended by this they you should never watch TV, listen to music or rent a movie ever again. Hypocrites. This guy is scum. a 17 year old isn’t a child. We should understand our leaders are scum and limit government accordingly. the founders understood this. We has a nation have forgotten this. If these people offend you then change the culture and/or limit the power these idiots have over us. I can’t get offended over this my quota of “offense” expired years ago. The culute is sick but it is the culute that people have decided they want so you have to take this in stride with every other sick twisted thing we as a culture have allowed to happen over the last 20 years.

people say Obama voters should have to feel the pain of their vote well people that accept sin evil and immoral lifestyles must at some point take ownership of the culture they have created.

unseen on March 1, 2013 at 5:11 PM

NapaConservative on March 1, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Say Hello to my Little Friend!

Another Drew on March 1, 2013 at 5:13 PM

unseen on March 1, 2013 at 4:53 PM

It’s all of a piece. Democrats under Obama’s “leadership” and example are showing signs of arrogant exemption from the rules the rest of us live by, the accepted standards of civility and restraint, even of social vulnerability. “If Obama can do what he wants, I can say what I want. I’m one of the special, exempted class.”

rrpjr on March 1, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Solaratov on March 1, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Evidently.

KCB on March 1, 2013 at 5:16 PM

Sorry, I don’t think he meant it the way it came out of his mouth. My opinion.

KCB on March 1, 2013 at 4:25 PM

Whenever a man has asked me if I wanted to see his snake, my first impression that it was one of the one-eyed variety.

My Gram taught my mum that and she taught me that and, had my daughter survived, she would have been taught that.

Resist We Much on March 1, 2013 at 5:17 PM

.. anybody else detect a sly association to the DHS “hide under the desk” video ??
Yeah, that’s what he was thinking about ..

/jackwagon

CaveatEmpty on March 1, 2013 at 5:17 PM

I think the representative made a poor joke, prompted by the girl saying she had shared snakes with a classroom of smaller children. I think he was trying to say she’s not bashful at all. It’s easy to misconstrue clumsy remarks.

Frankly, I don’t care what party the guy belongs to. I’m just tired of every politician being shredded because they make a careless remark that comes out wrong. Sure, they have to watch their words, but nobody can be that perfect all the time. Haven’t we all said something we wish we could suck back in the minute we said it?

RebeccaH on March 1, 2013 at 5:18 PM

Please, she was talking about snakes and that she was afraid of snakes. So he jokingly said he had a snake.

Anyone who construes that as a sexual comment – in a public meeting – needs to get their minds out of the gutter. Not everyone is familiar with the term trouser snake. But we know everyone creating this faux outrage is.

Just as the NAACP manufactured outrage from the “Black hole” comment, and we ridiculed them for it, this is the same thing. You hear what you want to hear.

keep the change on March 1, 2013 at 5:19 PM

To all of those who would defend the piece of trash who made the remark, I say…does the soft racism of low expectations ring a bell?

Solaratov on March 1, 2013 at 5:19 PM

Resist We Much on March 1, 2013 at 5:17 PM

With all due respect (and you know I do) that isn’t what he said.

KCB on March 1, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Sorry, I don’t think he meant it the way it came out of his mouth. My opinion.

KCB on March 1, 2013 at 4:25 PM

your opinion sucks, just like your mom

burserker on March 1, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Solaratov on March 1, 2013 at 5:19 PM

I haven’t seen anyone say its ok cause he is black. You gotta do better than that.

KCB on March 1, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Resist We Much on March 1, 2013 at 5:17 PM

And thats because nobody actually does have a snake, and might be genuinely interested in knowing if you’d like to see it.

No chance at all. In fact, the movie “Snakes On A Plane” was all about black men wanting to show off their snakes or something.

And the Flintstones cartoon was about promoting homosexuality….have you ever listened to the theme song? Having a “gay” old time?

And lets not talk about the Washington Monument and what it represents.

Did you ever stop to consider that maybe, just maybe, a cigar is a just a cigar?

BobMbx on March 1, 2013 at 5:24 PM

your opinion sucks, just like your mom

burserker on March 1, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Now that is a convincing argument.

KCB on March 1, 2013 at 5:24 PM

I’ve dealt with Ernie Hewett and he epitomizes the entitled, untouchable black politician from a deep blue city. The only thing that gets these guys out of office is jail time and even that isn’t necessarily a political career ender.

jnelchef on March 1, 2013 at 5:24 PM

As far as I’m concerned, Resist We Much should be a contributor to HotAir.

She’s like a hammer.

OhEssYouCowboys on March 1, 2013 at 5:24 PM

How does Maxine Waters get re-elected?

Schadenfreude on March 1, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Hey – that’s a good MYSTERY for Donna Brazile!

#DonnaBrazileMysteries

Pork-Chop on March 1, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Sorry, I don’t think he meant it the way it came out of his mouth. My opinion.

KCB on March 1, 2013 at 4:25 Pm

Remind never to ask for your opinion. What is very apparent is that this guy says this kinda crap all the time the way it just rolled out of his mouth. The father probably wants to cave the a- hole’s head in. However, that probably would be a hate crime.

rik on March 1, 2013 at 5:25 PM

rik on March 1, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Hey rik, don’t ever ask for my opinion.

KCB on March 1, 2013 at 5:26 PM

May all of the apologists for this kind of behavior have daughters who are conrfonted by it, daily.

OhEssYouCowboys on March 1, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Sorry, I don’t think he meant it the way it came out of his mouth. My sorry opinion.

KCB on March 1, 2013 at 4:25 PM

FIFY

rik on March 1, 2013 at 5:28 PM

Oh, he didn’t mean what he said.

Oh, he was just having fun.

Oh, it’s all about context.

Oh, I think he was just kidding.

Oh, he was really talking about snakes.

Oh, he was just applauding her having overcome her fear of snakes.

Oh, isn’t he cute?

OhEssYouCowboys on March 1, 2013 at 5:28 PM

BobMbx on March 1, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Did you ever stop to consider why a State Representative would have a snake under his desk during a committee meeting that he would then claimed to have confused with an acre in the Everglades?

The First Rule of Holes is probably applicable now.

Resist We Much on March 1, 2013 at 5:29 PM

Everyone has made unfortunate comments before.

Ace had a thread a couple of days ago about how almost all humor is just recycled formulas with the subjects being switched out (regarding the “we were all thinking it” Oscars tweet). The same goes for wit: “If you’re a genius then I’m the frickin’ president”. He chose that formula and tried to insert the subject of snakes and it just came out very very badly.

I give the man a pass.

hisfrogness on March 1, 2013 at 5:30 PM

OhEssYouCowboys on March 1, 2013 at 5:24 PM

:-)

Resist We Much on March 1, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Sorry, I don’t think he meant it the way it came out of his mouth. My opinion.

KCB on March 1, 2013 at 4:25 PM

He meant to ask her out for a Trouser Trout dinner.

RickB on March 1, 2013 at 5:30 PM

May all of the apologists have daughters with spunk-covered, blue dresses in their closets.

Frankly, I’m sickened by all of the “passes.”

OhEssYouCowboys on March 1, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Sorry, I don’t think he meant it the way it came out of his mouth. My opinion.

KCB on March 1, 2013 at 4:25 PM

He meant to ask her out for a Trouser Trout dinner.

RickB on March 1, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Even that would be OK with KCB

rik on March 1, 2013 at 5:33 PM

First off….eeeewwww.

Second, he isn’t a child molester as some previous posters have said. The age of consent in Connecticut is 16. So that makes him just a typical dirty old man perv. Which for a Dem is a step up from the norm.

AngusMc on March 1, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Does anyone think this Dem’s comment, if said at work, wouldn’t be taken as an instance of sexual harassment if someone complained to HR? The accused man could make all the excuses he wants, but he’d still be called on the carpet for it, getting a warning at the least. Some places might fire him outright.

Liam on March 1, 2013 at 5:35 PM

The First Rule of Holes is probably applicable now.

Resist We Much on March 1, 2013 at 5:29 PM

I can honestly say that thought has never crossed my mind. Although, now that I have sort of been forced to, its pretty non-sensical.

You’re right. Lets stick a needle in this guys arm. Pervert.

Hanging is too good for him! Burning is too good for him! He should be torn into little pieces and buried alive!

BobMbx on March 1, 2013 at 5:35 PM

With all due respect (and you know I do) that isn’t what he said.

KCB on March 1, 2013 at 5:20 PM

He said:

‘If You’re Bashful, I Got a Snake Sitting Under My Desk Here’

As I said, when I hear a comment like that from a man – and I’ve heard many – I assume he is referring to the one-eyed variety. Strangely, of all of the men, who have offered to show me their snakes, none ever had the reptilian variety. In some cases, I know from personal experience because it was part of sexual banter. In other cases, the next girl or the bird after that found out that his “snake” was fleshy, could grow, and spit. Then, there were the other “snake handlers,” who also had a fetish for trenchcoats.

Resist We Much on March 1, 2013 at 5:37 PM

BobMbx on March 1, 2013 at 5:35 PM

I think that’s going a little overboard, but he’s been stripped of his Deputy Speakership. That’s a start.

If a Republican had said it….

Resist We Much on March 1, 2013 at 5:42 PM

I give the man a pass.

hisfrogness on March 1, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Why not? He’s been getting a pass his whole life. One more surely won’t hurt.

Solaratov on March 1, 2013 at 5:45 PM

I think that the snake under the desk is a play on the “Do you want to speak to your mother? If you do here is the microphone go ahead and talk Hello mother”. What is the big deal? Come on for God’s sake he is a Demorat!

inspectorudy on March 1, 2013 at 5:45 PM

If a Republican had said it….

Resist We Much on March 1, 2013 at 5:42 PM

We’d be reading about it on DKos instead of here.

Which means we’d never know it happened.

BobMbx on March 1, 2013 at 5:46 PM

If he were a Republican, the press and all the defenders on here would be sharpening their knives and endorsing the building of a big public cross.

Hannibal on March 1, 2013 at 5:52 PM

I give the man a pass.

hisfrogness Eric Holder on March 1, 2013 at 5:30 PM

FIFY

rik on March 1, 2013 at 5:52 PM

Hannibal on March 1, 2013 at 5:52 PM

We would have Christie on MSNBC calling for his head

rik on March 1, 2013 at 5:54 PM

Hot Air can do without the Racist implied comments, thank you.

SWalker on March 1, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Take a CLOSE look: this Entire Event is a consequence of the percieved power of Racial and RACIST politics – even down to this comment by our poster: “The only thing that gives me pause is that …”

This person had the Temerity to say this BECAUSE they believe that their RACE and The Media’s PROTECTION of them through their RACE was “Bulletproof”. There IS NO “thing to give pause” UNLESS you play into that Racist Wheelhouse. So – there is our poster all but PROVING this scumbag’s assumptions about The Media protecting this SCUM Because of his Race!

This is a demonstrastion of The EXERCISE of Race Power – and that IS Racist, by definition!

williamg on March 1, 2013 at 4:35 PM

That does not excuse making blatantly racist comments on Hot Air. If Allahpundit see’s that comment, you can pretty much bet the hammer will strike that poster, and deservedly so.

SWalker on March 1, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Please don’t implicitly ascribe motives to my post that are not there.

At no point did I even imply in any way that one should justify the post of the person whom you responded to with a scold. My post was all about who the REAL Racists are – and The REAL RACISTS are Ernest Hewett and ANYONE or ANY Media person who emits one SCINTILLA of “forgiveness” or “pause” in public for Mr. Hewits’ reprehensible and inexcusable RACIST and Lewd behavior. We should be distracted or “conditioned” to scold the party who is NOT the Real Racists here, in my opinion.

williamg on March 1, 2013 at 5:56 PM

How could anyone in a position of power be so stupid, twice?
I’ve got a snake…….then the everglades. What?
I’m with Resist We Much, this guy was making a thoroughly inappropriate comment.
But hey, he’s a Dem, that’s what they do. Let it go. Until every fricking one of these losers exposes themselves for the morons that they are, nothing is gone to change.

ORconservative on March 1, 2013 at 5:57 PM

SWalker on March 1, 2013 at 4:40 PM

Take the racial goggles off pal and WTFU

rik on March 1, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Well, its not like he said Alabama black snake. So there is that.

Bmore on March 1, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Resist We Much on March 1, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Hey, Ernie, what kinda snake you keepin’ down there?

Crotch Cobra?
Pants Python?
Boxer Brief Boa?
Trouser Mocassin?

petefrt on March 1, 2013 at 5:59 PM

Oh, language warning.

Bmore on March 1, 2013 at 6:00 PM

It was just a misunderstanding.

See I have a ring snake that got in an accident and I carried him around while he was healing… so I asked if you wanted to play with my one-eyed trouser snake.

AND I volunteer at the National Guard… so I asked if you’d care to polish my soldier’s helmet.

AND I have a weekend job at the reptile house at the zoo… clearly that’s what I meant when asking if you’d care to wrestle my python.

Totally innocent here of any improper statements…

Want to spank my monkey?

gekkobear on March 1, 2013 at 6:01 PM

We’d be reading about it on DKos instead of here.

Which means we’d never know it happened.

BobMbx on March 1, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Au contraire. We read and read and read about Akin and Mourdock and they just made stupid statements.

Resist We Much on March 1, 2013 at 6:02 PM

For what its worth, my better half is with KCB on this one. With one qualifier, “Hard to tell what a man is thinking.”

Bmore on March 1, 2013 at 6:05 PM

petefrt on March 1, 2013 at 5:59 PM

hehehe

Resist We Much on March 1, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Always revealing to see dems/liberals making excuses and straw man arguments for slime like this child molester. If he was a republican there would be a call to arms from all the screaming lib masses. Liberal = hypocrites.

ultracon on March 1, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Even that would be OK with KCB

rik on March 1, 2013 at 5:33 PM

This comment is bull shit. Brig it rik!

Bmore on March 1, 2013 at 6:11 PM

He’s a Democrat, that is how. If he was a Republican, this would be big news 24/7 for the next six months. As it is, I doubt that it will make a splash at all.

Theophile on March 1, 2013 at 6:11 PM

The guy is a suit-and-tie Democrat. I realize that is often associated with inappropriate sexual behavior, but it’s also entirely possible he was too stupid to realize the sexual undertones of his stupid remark.

S. D. on March 1, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Brig=Bring.

Bmore on March 1, 2013 at 6:12 PM

If a Republican had said it….

Resist We Much on March 1, 2013 at 5:42 PM

We’d be reading about it on DKos instead of here.

Which means we’d never know it happened.

BobMbx on March 1, 2013 at 5:46 PM

As well as on Huff Post, Buzzfeed, TPM, MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS, CNN, NYT, Washington Post, USA Today, AP, …

Gator Country on March 1, 2013 at 6:13 PM

your opinion sucks, just like your mom

burserker on March 1, 2013 at 5:22 PM
Now that is a convincing argument.

KCB on March 1, 2013 at 5:24 PM

you must have misconstrued my intent, see how it works!

burserker on March 1, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Wait a minute, how is this even getting reported? Democrats have a free pass for creepy behavior, remember?

crosspatch on March 1, 2013 at 6:26 PM

What? 50 year-old men are all about hosting private Mutual of Omaha exposés under office furniture for barely (not)legal Beliebers.

You people and your gutter-minds, really…

Jeddite on March 1, 2013 at 6:26 PM

burserker on March 1, 2013 at 6:20 PM

You suck. Is that the way it works?

Bmore on March 1, 2013 at 6:27 PM

He was talking about a real snake. He has a rare “one-eyed viper” under the desk in his pants. They are completely harmless. Take a look, he will show you.

crosspatch on March 1, 2013 at 6:28 PM

He needs to be secastrated.

racquetballer on March 1, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Because his constituents are in the majority Obama phonepeople.

How does Maxine Waters get re-elected?

Schadenfreude on March 1, 2013 at 4:10 PM

In the ‘hood where I work, people have two cellphones. One a “government” phone.

davidk on March 1, 2013 at 6:34 PM

“I was misunderstood, what I really meant to say was ‘…rod under my desk.’ Say what? Oh!. I’ve been doubly misunderstood again, I meant to say one-eyed trouser trout. Say what? Oh! Well it is that Bush’s fault. It is OK to say Bush to a 17 year old female, isnt’ it?”

WestTexasBirdDog on March 1, 2013 at 6:36 PM

sounds like something biden would say!

Sachiko on March 1, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Tried ” I got a rocket in my pocket’ one time. Didn’t work that time either.

Hummer53 on March 1, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Yeah snake and land in the everglades sound a lot alike. The laughter by adults is creepy too. This is the culture the dems want to give your children.

Charm on March 1, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Some of you seem to want to give the guy a pass. No.

This was not done on a construction work site. or at the table at the back of the bar.

This guy is an elected official.

Furthermore, if this were one of none the uproar may not be as vociferous, but this kind of behavior has been part and parcel of the leftist dhimmicRAT culture since before Chappaquiddick.

This pervert should pay a severe penalty for this disgusting comment.

But when we are led by the kind of people who will not respect innocent life and who are enabled by a complicit press, what more can we expect?

davidk on March 1, 2013 at 6:45 PM

He now has the credentials for the Black Caucus after demonstrating that he has the pea brain and integrity of Maxine Waters

HAGGS99 on March 1, 2013 at 6:54 PM

As far as I’m concerned, Resist We Much should be a contributor to HotAir.

She’s like a hammer.

OhEssYouCowboys on March 1, 2013 at 5:24 PM

Agreed.

Midas on March 1, 2013 at 6:59 PM

S. D. on March 1, 2013 at 6:11 PM

When I was in the 8th grade (1964-1965) my dad made me wear a crew cut. I was teased all the time. Usually of a crystal ball nature. Someone would come up and rub my head and say I wish I had a _____ (fill in the blank. One day I finally had enough and when a girl walked up in class and rubbed my head saying I wish I had a watermelon I responded with I’m sorry I’m all out of watermelons but I do have a banana if you would like it. Suffice to say that ended the teasing. If as an 8th grader I knew what I was saying then this “adult” certainly should have understood that what he was saying could be taken in the way in was. No excuses for him.

chemman on March 1, 2013 at 7:00 PM

If you’re bashful, I’ve got a snake right here under my desk

It depends on who makes the statement:

Democrat=fatherly advice.
Republican=child abuse and rape.

This guy really should see his priest–oh wait!!!!!

MaiDee on March 1, 2013 at 7:10 PM

Yeah, but was she hot?

Scrappy on March 1, 2013 at 7:13 PM

chemman on March 1, 2013 at 7:00 PM

Should have and probably did, But I don’t know that he’s not that stupid.

S. D. on March 1, 2013 at 7:23 PM

* “We should NOT be distracted or “conditioned” to scold the party who is NOT the Real Racists here, in my opinion.”

williamg on March 1, 2013 at 7:58 PM

Somewhere, John Derbyshire is laughing his head off.

Jaibones on March 1, 2013 at 7:59 PM

Being a female, and having heard virtually every reference there is under the sun to what a man has in his pants, his comment comes off to me as a sexual double entendre…

It in NO WAY has anything to do with “Land in the Everglades”…

And in fact that remark just goes to show you where his mind was at.

Kinda like saying “I got beachfront property in AZ”!

He got cocky after having been busted and came back with a retort that had nothing to do with what he said in the first place…

I shall await the pulling out of the ‘race card’… Next!!

Scrumpy on March 1, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Wow. I listened to the audio, and I don’t see any way to not take that as a sleazy, sexual innuendo. The fact that he felt comfortable to say it out loud in a public meeting is disturbing. And the subsequent comment about land in the Everglades sounds like a big FU to anyone who dares to criticize his original remark. Sounds like a jerk.

mbs on March 1, 2013 at 8:03 PM

crosspatch on March 1, 2013 at 6:26 PM

If you’ll check – you’ll notice that the rest of the racists in The Mainstream Media are putting this story on “the spike” and censoring it.

You won’t see or hear about it on any network.

williamg on March 1, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Weeeeell, here’s the deal. My opinion is that is absolutely cringworthy. No question. It’s also definately something most men would prefer to be able to take back if they’d said that to a teenage girl; even if they didn’t realize how bad it sounded at the time. Did he mean it like that? Who cares?

Now, realizing if a Republican had said it that it would be national news and the liberal media would be declaring their career over and calling for him to resign, I say hammer him till he quits.

Why?

Because screw em.

hawkdriver on March 1, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Hey, it’s not like he said the words “legitimate rape” or anything.

The question is, does Chris Christie think this is reprehensible?

Whenever a Democrat does something like this.. nobody ever asks a RINO what they think. But let a Republican say something stupid.. and all of a sudden the RINO’s are right there condemning it. It’s weird how that happens.

JellyToast on March 1, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Because screw em.

hawkdriver on March 1, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Fair enough and fine by me either way. ; )

Bmore on March 1, 2013 at 8:12 PM

He said:

‘If You’re Bashful, I Got a Snake Sitting Under My Desk Here’

Resist We Much on March 1, 2013 at 5:37 PM

Like I said. He didn’t say that.

KCB on March 1, 2013 at 9:04 PM

There is no other meaning for what he said… But how nasty is it that he said this to this young woman? Not too bad since he’s a Dem.

RalphyBoy on March 1, 2013 at 10:19 PM

mbs on March 1, 2013 at 8:03 PM

I’m sure he would have rather whispered it to her on the sly but he panicked because she was going to be home hanging out with her friends by the time he could excuse himself from the chamber.

I’m having trouble believing he can control himself at all after this. He totally volunteered to expose his lecherous inner thoughts… This was no got’ch.

If I were her father I would file for a protection order asap. And get the girl a shotgun… Not a double barrel, a home invasion model, with lots of clips. Never trust a perv, especially one who thinks they have power.

RalphyBoy on March 1, 2013 at 10:35 PM

Not a double barrel, a home invasion defense model, with lots of clips.

(to be clear)

RalphyBoy on March 1, 2013 at 10:37 PM

I just posted about this with pics.

Pervy Dem State Rep to Teenage Girl: ‘If You’re Bashful, I Got a Snake Sitting Under My Desk Here’

Look at the last. Definite perv.

Resist We Much on March 1, 2013 at 4:15 PM

I have no idea what you look like……..but you are HOT, “resist”

I think I’m in Love…..

williamg on March 1, 2013 at 10:42 PM

I actually felt uncomfortable waiting to hear his comment. I didn’t want to actually hear him say what the headlines were saying he said but I had to hear it for myself. So I sat cringing for a couple of minutes waiting to be creeped out… then I heard him say what he said. WTF?! THAT is what we’re up in arms about?? Slow news day I guess (if you’re into ignoring the President and congress continuing to drive our country into the ground).

As Archer would say, “Phrasing. Boom!”, but he meant no innuendo.

CVMA-Dredd on March 1, 2013 at 11:14 PM

For all those who think it’s okay…walk into an office of women and say that at a major firm…fired!

Say that to a women who is your boss…fired!

Now say that to a 17 year old with your wife next to you…

right2bright on March 1, 2013 at 11:23 PM

KCB is a real good guy and doesn’t deserve the stupid comments. Some who replied came out of the underground too.

Even if the guy didn’t mean what it appears that he meant, he is still a stupid man/politician. He should have kept his mouth shut By opening it he removed all doubt about his idiotic mind.

For stupidity alone I’m glad he was stripped of his 2nd in line speakership.

Schadenfreude on March 1, 2013 at 11:23 PM

your opinion sucks, just like your mom

burserker on March 1, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Fool, you live down to your nom, to perfection.

Schadenfreude on March 1, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Is it a copperhead or black snake?

wepeople on March 1, 2013 at 11:39 PM