Connecticut Dem to 17-year-old girl: If you’re bashful, I’ve got a snake right here under my desk

posted at 4:01 pm on March 1, 2013 by Allahpundit

Via Political Wire, your feelbad audio of the day. Taegan Goddard at PW names the guy’s party; the Connecticut Post, you’ll be cheered to know, does not.

Did I forget to mention that he said this at a public hearing? Out: War on women. In: War on girls.

“After I first heard about it, I thought maybe in the broader sense maybe he was misunderstood and it may not be that big a deal,” [Connecticut House Speaker J. Brendan] Sharkey said in an interview.

“But based on the audio, it’s hard to interpret it that way. It’s hard for anyone who heard the audio or was there to think it was anything other than a sexual innuendo.

“I guess the best word I can use to describe this is disturbing,” Sharkey said.

Ernest Hewett, the man responsible, has now been stripped of his deputy speakership and is being pressured by Republicans to resign. His defense? He meant to say something, er, completely different:

Hewett said his remark came out wrong and he understood how it could be misconstrued. According to The Day of New London, he said Thursday: “What I meant to say was, if you are shy then I have an acre of land in the Everglades.”

Mm hmm. Here’s the audio; judge for yourself. The only thing that gives me pause is that … this guy couldn’t possibly have thought this was acceptable, right? If he’s so tone-deaf as to have meant this the way it sounds, despite a roomful of people sitting around him (all of whom seem to laugh merrily, by the way), how did he get this far in politics without detonating his career long, long ago?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

I listened carefully to what this Racist, bigoted, chauvinist had to say —-

There is NO DOUBT after listening:

He MEANT every word he said as profanely and lewdly and flirtatiously as one imagined.

It was SICKENING!

williamg on March 2, 2013 at 12:23 AM

KCB on March 1, 2013 at 5:06 PM

I understand your thinking, it’s hard to imagine, given the circumstances and the company, that he meant the statement in a lewd manner.

Cindy Munford on March 2, 2013 at 1:14 AM

Hey, Cindy? Please tell us which one of the other meanings for “I’ve got a snake under my desk” he meant.?.? There must be many in your world.

Squiggy on March 2, 2013 at 5:57 AM

I went in to pay my taxes… water and sewer for a triplex. The clerk after looking at the billing statement I handed her looked at the other clerk behind the counter and said enthusiastically… ‘water and sewer, and it’s a big one
I could take that more than one way… None of them are good. Her being an arrogant insensitive b*tch of a tax collector is the least of those.

In this case though the snake has no defense that he can suppose that removes the preponderance of historical precedence upon which we judge his meaning. In short… he said what he meant and it only means one thing… he just didn’t really mean to say it out loud.

RalphyBoy on March 2, 2013 at 6:41 AM

For some reason blacks today seem to think all women want to have sex with them.
In Georgia some guy kept insisting on sexually flirting with a woman pumping gas.
Yep, she sprayed him down and lit him up, it was hilarious.

Open The Door on March 2, 2013 at 8:04 AM

What the

tomas on March 2, 2013 at 8:30 AM

Squiggy on March 2, 2013 at 5:57 AM

I don’t know, maybe a snake. I don’t know enough about the man to label him as a horrible perv, so stupid will have to do. His “explanation” was even worse so I think it backs up my stupid theory.

Cindy Munford on March 2, 2013 at 9:14 AM

Open The Door on March 2, 2013 at 8:04 AM

Good grief, I hope that is total b.s.. Setting another human on fire with the possibility of the whole gas station exploding seems a bit of an overreaction for flirting.

Cindy Munford on March 2, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Silly man…he should have learned from Slick Willy that you only get away with this if you’re President and the economy is “good”.

Dr. ZhivBlago on March 2, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Cindy Munford on March 2, 2013 at 9:16 AM

I presume the commenter was referring to this. This type of thing does happen more than one might think. Though I fail to see the humor in it.

Bmore on March 2, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Bmore on March 2, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Well, he got one part of it right, there was fire. I just worry about it being a LGF idiot since he bothered to mention the supposed race of the supposed gentleman.

Cindy Munford on March 2, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Cindy Munford on March 2, 2013 at 10:35 AM

A quick search of its nom and HotAir reveal no hits. First time commenter?

Bmore on March 2, 2013 at 11:19 AM

Easy and obvious: He’s a black Dem. He’s probably done and said things like this his entire career.

Hucklebuck on March 2, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Cindy,,, Do you really think there is a record of every crime?
Some cities don’t record crimes to lower crime stats.
Setting another on fire, I suppose you are one of those who want women to piss and vomit when threatened?
Live in your bubble if you want but there is something in the air, other than your BO.
The burned person tried to get sympathy cause he was burned in an “accident”.
Kind of like asking for sympathy because you are an orphan, after you killed your parents.
Do I feel for the burned person, nope, he isn’t as pretty now as he was when he pressured a woman to have sex, after she told him to leave her alone.
Roll over if you like, don’t expect others to follow a cowards lead.

Open The Door on March 2, 2013 at 1:22 PM

As one that has heard many a one eyed snake reference from men, it was my immediate thought when hearing this. Would have been without even the post headline or talk. The words “bashful” and “under the desk” would be why. Had I been the girl on the phone, I would have took it that way and asked innocently, you do? What kind? Something tp put it back in his face…but that is me.
Bad choices of words and phrasing? Yes. Did he mean it that way? I can’t tell. I lean yes.
But coming back and saying he meant was “What I meant to say was, if you are shy then I have an acre of land in the Everglades.” Now that was stupid spinning.

“If you’re bashful, I’ve got a snake right here under my desk”

Ummm Okay. Big leap.

As a young female, I have encountered worse statements in the corporate boardroom and beyond. I am less stunned it was an elected offical..considering what we have seen from them.Kennedy’s Bubba,Weiner..and then some. Politics is filled with a cesspool of people. A pre-req to join.

bazil9 on March 2, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Cindy,,, Do you really think there is a record of every crime?
Some cities don’t record crimes to lower crime stats.
The burned person tried to get sympathy cause he was burned in an “accident”.
Roll over if you like, don’t expect others to follow a cowards lead.

Open The Door on March 2, 2013 at 1:22 PM

WTF are you talking about?
Can I Close the Door?

bazil9 on March 2, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Is your name Cindy?
Sure, don’t bother to open the door, Biden says I should shoot through it.

Open The Door on March 2, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Open The Door on March 2, 2013 at 1:36 PM

This is an open forum idiot.
You asked her a question-I asked you one.

New here?

bazil9 on March 2, 2013 at 1:38 PM

Yep, she sprayed him down and lit him up, it was hilarious.

Open The Door on March 2, 2013 at 8:04 AM

Look at your post.
Are you that trout fella from lgf’s?

It isn’t about black either.

If I set men on fire who sexually flirted with me, there would be many a dead man or in a burn unit.
Your being outrageous on purpose.
Are you the dude that is Jodi Arias’s sperm donor?

bazil9 on March 2, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Cindy,,, Do you really think there is a record of every crime?
Some cities don’t record crimes to lower crime stats.
The burned person tried to get sympathy cause he was burned in an “accident”.
Roll over if you like, don’t expect others to follow a cowards lead.

Open The Door on March 2, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Congrats ass hat! With this imbecilic comment, you have made it onto the list. Keep it up, I’ll be glad to see you to the door.

Bmore on March 2, 2013 at 1:50 PM

bazil9 on March 2, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Obviously a low info type b. ; )

Bmore on March 2, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Ohhh, I feel so threatened now, who do I report you to?

Open The Door on March 2, 2013 at 1:52 PM

That is what I thought…
Run away macadamia.

Many a new handle here…hmmmm.
Argyles and crews comin’ out the drawer.
Which one are you?

Attn Sparky..flirt with me again and I will light your as$ up.

bazil9 on March 2, 2013 at 1:53 PM

Sooo, you seem to be a legend in your own mind.

New, not so much, I rarely post as usually folks here are not so ignorant.
Must be my special day.

Open The Door on March 2, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Obviously a low info type b. ; )

Bmore on March 2, 2013 at 1:50 PM

No..it knows exactly what it is saying and with glee.

bazil9 on March 2, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Ohhh, I feel so threatened now, who do I report you to?

Open The Door on March 2, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Just splash some lighter fluid on your monitor
and light bmore up. He will be gone and you can lol.
We will be rid of you as well. Good idea?

bazil9 on March 2, 2013 at 1:59 PM

“Just splash some lighter fluid on your monitor
and light bmore up. He will be gone and you can lol.
We will be rid of you as well. Good idea?
Shucks..bmore is white..a problem? Then try the tip line..I am sure Ed and Allah would love your posts. Try it.”

bazil9 on March 2, 2013 at 1:59 PM

What in the wide world of fools are you talking about?

Open The Door on March 2, 2013 at 2:02 PM

What in the wide world of fools are you talking about?

Open The Door on March 2, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Yep, she sprayed him down and lit him up, it was hilarious.

Open The Door on March 2, 2013 at 8:04 AM

Quit wasting time playing possum.

bazil9 on March 2, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Ohhh, I have my own stalkers!

Open The Door on March 2, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Ohhh, I have my own stalkers!

Open The Door on March 2, 2013 at 2:11 PM

LOL-because we are responding to your posts?
lmao..
Enough of the freak show.
I will thank you though..I was procrastinating on cleaning
the house..seems like a good idea about now.

You watch out now for those flirting black men-Ya hear?

Hasta Bi$ch. :) :) :)

bazil9 on March 2, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Clean the house, try and get the turds out from under the bed this time and make me a sammich.

Open The Door on March 2, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Ohhh, I feel so threatened now, who do I report you to?

Open The Door on March 2, 2013 at 1:52 PM

Right here, tips@hotair.com

Bmore on March 2, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Yep, she sprayed him down and lit him up, it was hilarious.

Open The Door on March 2, 2013 at 8:04 AM

Produce the link liar.

Bmore on March 2, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Liar??? Sooo, first it was despicable and then it is false.

What’s it gonna be girl, you want love by the dashboard light?

You ladies are more fun than a possum roast.

Open The Door on March 2, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Open The Door on March 2, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Aw did I hurt your feelings? You sure are one tough sob. Email it in , you’re not a coward too are you?

Bmore on March 2, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Liar, coward and racist?

Bmore on March 2, 2013 at 3:45 PM

Oh, add boring.

Bmore on March 2, 2013 at 3:46 PM

Open The Door on March 2, 2013 at 1:22 PM

You found out about it somehow, since it amused you. Or were you there? The point is…..I can’t be offended enough by ANYONE to take a chance of lighting someone up at a gas station. It’s a gas station. The chances of being collateral damage are to high. Low info all around.

Cindy Munford on March 2, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Low info? Do you have any idea about the combustion point of lo info voters?

Open The Door on March 2, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Collateral damage? Do you have any idea about the use and danger of inflammable liquids?
Didn’t think so, you are a fool, we all know it.
Piss up a rope fool.

Open The Door on March 2, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Boring??? Got you following me, I don’t play with boring people but I will bore/ignore you.
Little girls trying to be somebody, FAIL.

Open The Door on March 2, 2013 at 6:39 PM

Real tough guy. Lol!!! Funny! POS

Bmore on March 2, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Your rope sir/ma’am/it. Rope. LOL!!!

Bmore on March 2, 2013 at 6:59 PM

Yep, she sprayed him down and lit him up, it was hilarious.

Open The Door on March 2, 2013 at 8:04 AM

Now that right there is hilarious in all of its stupidity and beauty. Lol! ; )

Bmore on March 2, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Soo, where are all your “friends” waiting to cut me down?
Seems you are a coupla of fools sucking hind tit.
Sux to be you.
Joke, that is what you all are.

Open The Door on March 2, 2013 at 7:07 PM

What the hell is wrong with this cat?

tom daschle concerned on March 2, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Then why do you stay here? As I said previously, you’ll walk. Just a matter of time. Lying, cowardly racists always do. So allow me this one last pleasure before it happens to you. Don’t let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya! Lol! You’re pathetic.

Bmore on March 2, 2013 at 7:14 PM

What the hell is wrong with this cat?

tom daschle concerned on March 2, 2013 at 7:13 PM

I think he/she/it may be looking to become HA’s favorite chew toy. Evening tom. ; )

Bmore on March 2, 2013 at 7:15 PM

BWAHAHAHA,,, For some unknown reason you think somebody cares what you think.
Bmore, is that a marshmallow, a graham cookie and some dark chockalott?

Open The Door on March 2, 2013 at 7:19 PM

tom daschle, that is funny as hell, got a tank to play in?

Open The Door on March 2, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Ah yesss, gang up on the person who calls you all out.
Do you kiss O”Bama’s ass as hard?

Open The Door on March 2, 2013 at 7:25 PM

For some unknown reason you think somebody cares what you think.

Funny!!! You’re getting there, keep on plugging away. Lotion?

Bmore on March 2, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Wonder why all your “friends” don’t come rushing to your defense?
Well, that would be because you are the fools on the hill.
It rubs the lotion on it’s skin, baby.

Open The Door on March 2, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Well enough play for one day, edits over, you are a bore. Bye. Lol! Sock.

Bmore on March 2, 2013 at 7:39 PM

So, Bore, do you think somebody thinks you are smart?

Open The Door on March 2, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Naaaa, that would make them dumber than thou.

Open The Door on March 2, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Open The Door on March 2, 2013 at 6:31 PM

I think the most people could read this thread and realize instantly who has a better grasp of flammables and open flames. It has been lovely talking to you.

Cindy Munford on March 2, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Open The Door on March 2, 2013 at 6:31 PM

…moderated!…what a flaming a$$hole!

KOOLAID2 on March 2, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Ahhh yesss,,, KoolAid2, the voice of reason.

Open The Door on March 3, 2013 at 1:02 AM

This is one of the higher standards the dems talk about. Beyond disgusting.

mixplix on March 3, 2013 at 10:20 AM