Quotes of the day

posted at 10:51 pm on February 28, 2013 by Allahpundit

Woodward said he stands by the idea that Sperling’s language was over the line but stops short of suggesting outright intimidation. “I never characterized it as a ‘threat,’” he said. “I think that was Politico’s word. I said I think that language is unfortunate and I don’t think it’s the way to operate. . . . [Sperling’s] language speaks for itself. I don’t think that’s the way to operate.”…

In an interview with CNN Wednesday night, Woodward also never used the word threat or that he felt threatened. But he also said Thursday, “They [the White House] have the power. When someone says ‘you’ll regret something,’ they can use their power any way they want. It’s a tone question. . . . I’ve been dealing with White House people going back to the Nixon years. They called us every name in the book. [This] just strikes me as not a way to deal with this. It makes me uncomfortable.”

***

Q On a different topic, at last year’s White House Correspondents Dinner, the President said he values a free press that is not afraid to ask questions, to examine and to criticize. Has he ever spoken to his aides about the tone he’d like them to take, you all to take, when talking to the press?

MR. CARNEY: Look, I think the President expects us to fully explain his policies, to answer questions about his positions, and to make clear when we believe factual errors are being stated, which is what we do. And look, I think as anyone who has done this from either side of this podium can tell you, these are about real issues. These are about the concrete effects of policy on people’s lives, on our national security, on our children’s future. And everybody who’s involved in these issues feels passionately about them. But we are enormously respectful of the work that you do, that I used to do, and we also believe it’s important for us to make clear when we think, as we have in the past, somebody is out there getting the facts wrong.

***

“It’s not a big deal. You’ve been yelled at by people in the White House, I’ve been yelled at by people in the White House — I’m sure this has happened to a thousand people in Washington,” Atlantic columnist Jeffrey Goldberg, who deals with the White House frequently, told POLITICO. “The whole thing seems like a tempest in a teapot.”

“I get emails like this almost every hour, whether it’s from the White House or Capitol Hill,” said Chuck Todd, the NBC News political director and senior White House correspondent. “For better or worse, flacks get paid to push back.”…

“This is part of a bigger systematic problem: Go up to the Hill and see how long you go before a press secretary tells you to ‘F-off.’ I bet you don’t make it to lunch. And if you’re a press secretary, you may not make it to brunch before a reporter tells you to ‘F-off,’” [National Journal editorial director Ron Fournier] told POLITICO. “I only see the Sperling and Woodward exchange as interesting and relevant in the bigger story, which is that we need to start treating each other with more respect.”

***

The White House threatens reporters. A lot. It is sort of a humblebrag to say that people with titles as lofty as “Assistant to the President” and with titles as lowly as “deputy press secretary” have used the F-word in conversations with me. Both White House officials and journalists tend to be arrogant and self-referential, and there is a lot of healthy and sometimes unhealthy tension on the job. We yell at each other, and we butt heads, and we live to work another day.

Threats about cutting off access are fairly routine.

Just not if you’re Bob Woodward and used to deference.

I suppose there was a time in Woodward’s career when he would not have taken offense to being bluntly told that he would regret having written something. That time has passed.

***

“Woodward represents the Washington establishment that never bought into Obama, and has no real connections to the inner circle — a circle that disdains the press corps and the gray beards in it, and probably didn’t play much ball with him on his books,” said a former Administration official…

“I think Gene’s e-mail back to him was OK. I know I shouldn’t say that, because it takes away the drama of this whole thing,” said a Republican Senator…

“Of all the kind of insignificant things that have been discussed about the sequester, this is the dumbest,” a Democratic operative close to the White House said. “Nobody outside of the beltway cares what Bob Woodward thinks. I think engaging with him elevates it to an actual legitimate topic of conversation,” the operative explained.

***

The question is for those in the space between the Huffington Post and the Washington Post. For the Jake Tappers and the George Stephanopouli. Will they let Woodward get swallowed whole, tut-tutting as Team Obama eats him alive or will they dig in their heels and decide that no matter how horrible Republicans may be, Team Obama is on a dangerous power trip?

Woodward is under attack because he believed, as Washington believed, that Obama was a secret moderate who would do a deal once the liberal base out in those other cities had delivered re-election. His cardinal sin was expressing bewilderment that Obama was not doing as promised.

Woodward helped unseat the last president who despised Washington and its conventions the way Obama does, so he might have seen this coming.

But the next generation certainly knows better. They know Obama, he of the unlimited donations, permanent campaign and pitiful press access. And they know that if the president will treat Woodward this way, they’d be totally toast if Plouffe and Co. decided that any of their more moderate musings were deemed dangerous to Obama’s prime directives.

***

Having said that, the White House is right: Woodward will probably regret making himself the martyr for journalistic integrity in his battle with the globe’s most powerful executive office. When the White House decided to go to war with another reporting outlet – Fox News – few fellow journalists vocally objected. The nation’s ethicists were silent. If Woodward thinks his own stature will force the media to abstain from indulging in their reflexive instinct to protect the White House, he will find he has miscalculated…

Without a doubt, Woodward’s status as a canonized saint of modern journalism will impose a crisis of conscience on America’s Fourth Estate. He is holding up a mirror to the institution of journalism, and the reflection is an ugly one. It is one that America’s reporters will turn from – the truth is too painful.

When they came for Fox, they did not stand up because they did not work for Fox. The media’s lot is now well and truly cast with the administration – their fates are linked. Whatever his contribution to journalism, Bob Woodward will soon find that no single reporter is irreplaceable.

***

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

Schadenfreude on March 1, 2013 at 1:33 AM

I thought the addition was in good humor. ; ) At your service anytime my friend. Still working on images as I type. ; )

Bmore on March 1, 2013 at 1:35 AM

Does anyone think Woodward has somthing on 0bama?

Scrumpy on March 1, 2013 at 1:38 AM

This was the list for infrastructure I was working off of. I didn’t get them all covered, there will be other opportunity’s to revisit I’m sure.

Airports
Solid waste
Telecommunications
Utilities
Water supply
Wastewater

Bmore on March 1, 2013 at 1:38 AM

If you think his addition is great you should see him multiply.

SparkPlug on March 1, 2013 at 1:35 AM

He’s too old :)

Schadenfreude on March 1, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Sorry, didn’t realize it would appear so long. Yikes!

Bmore on March 1, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Bmore on March 1, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Right now out Ghostery is blocking 1359 out of 1361 total trackers. I’ve opted to unblock only two. Its blocking all 764 cookies.

As I’m reading, it says if I have other cookie blockers they may conflict with it, and I may get some unresponsive scripts. That might be it. I’ll have to check tomorrow to see if there is overlap.

INC on March 1, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Scrumpy on March 1, 2013 at 1:38 AM
I do.

SparkPlug on March 1, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Bmore on March 1, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Add ships, carriers, oil transportation, such…just a thought. You got it covered good.

Schadenfreude on March 1, 2013 at 1:41 AM

Does anyone think Woodward has somthing on 0bama?

Scrumpy on March 1, 2013 at 1:38 AM

If he doesn’t, I’m sure he knows someone who does.

INC on March 1, 2013 at 1:41 AM

Schadenfreude on March 1, 2013 at 1:39 AM

lol. Good joke.

SparkPlug on March 1, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Bmore, the rigs…oil rigs in the ocean…the BP type disaster, what follows an oil spill

Add New Orleans, Sandy and etc.

Schadenfreude on March 1, 2013 at 1:42 AM

I hope the Leftoids -from Obama to Woodward- destroy one another in this regret-fest.

profitsbeard on March 1, 2013 at 1:44 AM

SparkPlug on March 1, 2013 at 1:40 AM

I kinda do too…

Hmmmmm, but what could it be and why doesn’t he just come out with it.

I thought it was just smoke and mirrors… a deflection from somthing else that’s going on under the radar…

I guess when the time is right he will say what it is…

Scrumpy on March 1, 2013 at 1:45 AM

Schadenfreude on March 1, 2013 at 1:41 AM

It really does end up a bigger category than it should. The government is in far too many things.

Bmore on March 1, 2013 at 1:45 AM

Scrumpy on March 1, 2013 at 1:45 AM

Scrumpy, I don’t know whether or not you’re old enough to remember Watergate, but that was a slow drip (pardon the pun!) of information. I’m sure Woodward has patience and knows how to play the game a lot better than anyone in the WH.

INC on March 1, 2013 at 1:48 AM

I think I will just have to break them out or do a continuation later.

Bmore on March 1, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Bmore, you do this for the land.

Click on the link within, the one that says “Tarp in pictures“.

Schadenfreude on March 1, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Ravnish Shankar SWalker taught me Transcendental Medication.

SparkPlug on March 1, 2013 at 1:49 AM

Bmore on March 1, 2013 at 1:45 AM

You have your work cut out for you for sure.

Trying to cover everything he’s got his fingers in.

You are doing fantastic!

Would make a great book…or set of books…

Scrumpy on March 1, 2013 at 1:49 AM

Bmore on March 1, 2013 at 1:48 AM

How about categories like land, water, cities, parks, etc. that group them by where they are or who they serve.

INC on March 1, 2013 at 1:49 AM

So many photos can make for slow loading pages. I have them optimized as far as I care to go. I could probably tweak them a wee bit more, but………I’m lazy like water. Lol!

Bmore on March 1, 2013 at 1:50 AM

My bad..Will try to do better..:)

Dire Straits on March 1, 2013 at 1:33 AM

Just teasing you:-)

bluefox on March 1, 2013 at 1:51 AM

Anyone use windows 8? How is it?

SparkPlug on March 1, 2013 at 1:51 AM

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _________

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ./ It’s a TARP!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _,,,–~~~~~~~~–,_ . . . . ._________/

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,-‘ : : : :::: :::: :: : : : : :º ‘-, . . /. . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . . .,-‘ :: : : :::: :::: :::: :::: : : :o : ‘-, . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . ,-‘ :: ::: :: : : :: :::: :::: :: : : : : :O ‘-, . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . .,-‘ : :: :: :: :: :: : : : : : , : : :º :::: :::: ::’; . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . .,-‘ / / : :: :: :: :: : : :::: :::-, ;; ;; ;; ;; ;; ;; ; . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . /,-‘,’ :: : : : : : : : : :: :: :: : ‘-, ;; ;; ;; ;; ;; ;;| . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . /,’,-‘ :: :: :: :: :: :: :: : ::_,-~~,_’-, ;; ;; ;; ;; | . . . . . . .

. . . . . _/ :,’ :/ :: :: :: : : :: :: _,-‘/ : ,-‘;’-‘’’’’~-, ;; ;; ;;,’ . . . . . . . .

. . . ,-‘ / : : : : : : ,-‘’’ : : :,–‘’ :| | /,-‘-‘–‘’’__,’’’ ;; ;,-‘ . . . . . . . .

. . . :/,, : : : _,-‘ –,,_ : : : ||/ /,-‘-‘x### :: ;;/ . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . / /—‘’’’ : # : : : : : | | : (O##º : :/ /-‘’ . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . /,’____ : : ‘-# : , : : : : ‘-,___,-‘,-`-,, . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . ‘ ) : : : :’’’’–,,–,,,,,,¯ :: ::–,,_’’-,,’’’¯ :’- :’-, . . . . . . . . .

. . . . .) : : : : : : ,, : ‘’’’~~~~’ :: :: :: :’’’’’¯ :: ,-‘ :,/ . . . . . . . . .

. . . . .,/ /|| | :/ / : : : : : : : ,’-, :: :: :: :: ::,–‘’ :,-‘ . . . . . . . .

. . . . .’| |/ ‘/ / :: :_–,, : , | )’; :: :: :: :,-‘’ : ,-‘ : : : , . . . . . . .

. . . ./¯ :| | : |/ :: ::—-, :/ :| / :: :: ,-‘’ : :,-‘ : : : : : : ‘’-,,_ . . . .

. . ..| : : :/ ‘’-(, :: :: :: ‘’’’’~,,,,,’’ :: ,-‘’ : :,-‘ : : : : : : : : :,-‘’’ . . . .

. ,-‘ : : : | : : ‘’) : : :¯’’’’~-,: : ,–‘’’ : :,-‘’ : : : : : : : : : ,-‘ :¯’’’’’-,_ .

./ : : : : :’-, :: | :: :: :: _,,-‘’’’¯ : ,–‘’ : : : : : : : : : : : / : : : : : : :’’-,

/ : : : : : -, :¯’’’’’’’’’’’¯ : : _,,-~’’ : : : : : : : : : : : : : :| : : : : : : : : :

: : : : : : :¯’’~~~~~~’’’ : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : : | : : : : : : : : :

Bmore on March 1, 2013 at 1:51 AM

INC on March 1, 2013 at 1:48 AM

I wasn’t here when that happened tho I have read a little on it.

So, at that time Woodward dripped the info out to the press?

Was it over weeks or months?

Scrumpy on March 1, 2013 at 1:52 AM

SparkPlug on March 1, 2013 at 1:51 AM

Still holding on to Vista…

Scrumpy on March 1, 2013 at 1:53 AM

I wasn’t here when that happened tho I have read a little on it.

So, at that time Woodward dripped the info out to the press?

Was it over weeks or months?

Scrumpy on March 1, 2013 at 1:52 AM

Schadenfreude can help me out—or anyone else who remembers—but I think things gradually unfolded in a series in WaPo at the time.

INC on March 1, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Axefellow chadeshankar taught me levitation.

SparkPlug on March 1, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Schadenfreude on March 1, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Funny, sad and all too true rolled into one. Lol! I couldn’t resist copying and pasting the stuff below in here to see if I could figure out what the heII it was. Lol!

Bmore on March 1, 2013 at 1:53 AM

I don’t do so well with those things. ^^^ Maybe SparkPlug can figure out what its supposed to be. ; )

Bmore on March 1, 2013 at 1:55 AM

INC on March 1, 2013 at 1:53 AM

I am sure Woodward wrote a book on it, I’ll have to go see…

Thanks INC!

I really haven’t read that much on 20th century American politics.

Wasn’t all that interested.

But this Woodward guy sounds interesting!

I tended to read more on the Founders etc…

Scrumpy on March 1, 2013 at 1:56 AM

Well, I’ve done enough damage to the place for one day. ; )

Good Night All.

Bmore on March 1, 2013 at 1:58 AM

Links are black.

Bmore on March 1, 2013 at 2:01 AM

Goodnight Bmore…

God bless.

Scrumpy on March 1, 2013 at 2:01 AM

Scrumpy on March 1, 2013 at 1:56 AM

All the President’s Men book and movie, starring Dustin Hoffman and Robert Redford. Both probably at your library.

Bernstein was played by Hoffman and Redford did Woodward.

I haven’t thought about that in ages.

INC on March 1, 2013 at 2:02 AM

Bmore on March 1, 2013 at 1:51 AM

I decoded your message. It was in Mores Code.

FYI: Magic 8 Ball agrees with you.

SparkPlug on March 1, 2013 at 2:02 AM

Bye, Bmore.

INC on March 1, 2013 at 2:03 AM

Bmore on March 1, 2013 at 1:55 AM

Oh that one was easy. It’s the recipe for Scrumpy Doodles in Dutch using the carbunculation cypher.

SparkPlug on March 1, 2013 at 2:05 AM

INC on March 1, 2013 at 2:02 AM

Thank you! I shall rent both as soon as possible!

You are a wealth of information!!

Scrumpy on March 1, 2013 at 2:05 AM

SparkPlug on March 1, 2013 at 2:05 AM

Sparky, you are quite the ‘sparky’ character… you mkae me smile and laugh… Thank you :-)

Scrumpy on March 1, 2013 at 2:07 AM

Time to go…

God Bless and Good night!!

*swoosh*

Scrumpy on March 1, 2013 at 2:08 AM

Scrumpy on March 1, 2013 at 2:05 AM

Thanks! If I’d moved across the pond, you’d be doing it for me! :)

Scrumpy on March 1, 2013 at 2:07 AM

This I agree. I like Sparky’s backwards smiley. (: I think he’s the only one I’ve ever seen write it that way.

INC on March 1, 2013 at 2:09 AM

Bye, Scrumpy!

INC on March 1, 2013 at 2:10 AM

Hey ladies and dudes.

Rusty Allen on March 1, 2013 at 2:11 AM

bluefox on March 1, 2013 at 1:51 AM

I understand fully..:)

Dire Straits on March 1, 2013 at 2:16 AM

You are welcome Scrumpy and INC. You gals are fun.

SparkPlug on March 1, 2013 at 2:17 AM

Happy Sequester Day! I’m not too late for the end of the world, am I?

Liam on March 1, 2013 at 2:23 AM

Happy Sequester Day! I’m not too late for the end of the world, am I?

Liam on March 1, 2013 at 2:23 AM

Whoops. I forgot to check outside at midnight to see if all the streetlights had disappeared and the road had been rolled up.

INC on March 1, 2013 at 2:29 AM

Hey, Rusty!

INC on March 1, 2013 at 2:30 AM

INC on March 1, 2013 at 2:29 AM

Hi!

Hi! Looking out my window, everything is the same as it used to be. Maybe that disaster is on some kind of timetable and it hasn’t gotten here yet?

Liam on March 1, 2013 at 2:34 AM

How are ya, INC?

Rusty Allen on March 1, 2013 at 2:35 AM

Liam on March 1, 2013 at 2:34 AM

I’m in Eastern, so unless it’s beginning in Hawaii and headed east, I’ve survived!

Unless, of course, things start falling down by category.

INC on March 1, 2013 at 2:36 AM

Rusty Allen on March 1, 2013 at 2:35 AM

I’m fine. Maybe it’s because Obama’s caterwauling may not work for once. I find that cheering. :)

And you?

INC on March 1, 2013 at 2:38 AM

Unless, of course, things start falling down by category.

INC on March 1, 2013 at 2:36 AM

I’m in West NY. The sun comes up from the Brit side of the Atlantic, while our storms usually come off Lake Erie. So far, my cat hasn’t snuck out and come home with a miniature poodle to live with in sin.

I hope I’m not jumping the gun here by saying we haven’t imploded yet.

Liam on March 1, 2013 at 2:39 AM

INC, I’m excited about that too. I’m off to sleep, have a great night.

Rusty Allen on March 1, 2013 at 2:40 AM

Liam on March 1, 2013 at 2:39 AM

The president who cried wolf.

INC on March 1, 2013 at 2:41 AM

Rusty Allen on March 1, 2013 at 2:40 AM

Bye, Rusty. I have to stop avoiding the kitchen and go tackle it.

See you later, Liam.

INC on March 1, 2013 at 2:43 AM

The president who cried wolf.

INC on March 1, 2013 at 2:41 AM

More like the resident of our White House who cried, “Notice me!”

Somehow, I think we’re missing a great opportunity here to feed his ego. ~rolls eyes~

Liam on March 1, 2013 at 2:44 AM

Yup–So far, the city where I live is still there, the Internet still connects, my cat isn’t fornicating with some stray Peek-a-poo, and Chiller Channel is still broadcasting bad horror flicks.

All is right with the world.

Liam on March 1, 2013 at 2:50 AM

Gross paraphrase of a song from the 80s, with apologies to the band Golden Earring…

“It’s two AM;
The fear is gone.
I’m sittin’ here waiting,
Obama was wrong.
Got my connections,
The world hasn’t come to an end.”

Liam on March 1, 2013 at 3:25 AM

So, taking a poll on the hour the Elephant turns yellow and we get a deal..

I say 2pm

Limerick on March 1, 2013 at 5:22 AM

despicable the way the lsm treats white house vs. one of their own….

another ‘dear leader getting aways with something a gop administration wouldn’t’ scenario…

the pure 24/7 outrage that would ensue…

cmsinaz on March 1, 2013 at 5:37 AM

Limerick on March 1, 2013 at 5:22 AM

tomorrow at noon…

cmsinaz on March 1, 2013 at 5:39 AM

so yesterday, the mj crew defended woodward except for Mika, she was defending the white house, recewiving emails on air….this am–the entire mj crew will be defending the white house and trashing woodward…

cmsinaz on March 1, 2013 at 5:56 AM

To avoid a blowup, leaders in both parties seem determined not to use any extension of the CR as a vehicle to change the cuts significantly. But they could possibly provide incremental relief to agencies by updating their appropriations, from which the cuts are made.
Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/02/congress-turns-to-next-crisis-88273.html#ixzz2MHi3nZon

in re: to the next crisis, the continuing resolution…so the cuts made today, will be a moot point??

seriously????

cmsinaz on March 1, 2013 at 6:00 AM

So Woodward’s gone all Boehner on us now?

Don L on March 1, 2013 at 6:15 AM

yup, the mj crew is trashing woodward

cmsinaz on March 1, 2013 at 6:31 AM

The world as we know it ends tomorrow..Or so we have been told..:)

Dire Straits on February 28, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Why do I sense that just about every fed and state employee will go on slowdown tomorrow and blame it on the republican’s sequester?

Don L on March 1, 2013 at 6:35 AM

Now Obama is claiming the “cuts” don’t happen until midnite tonite? Is he just making this up so he can throw another tantrum today? He is such a weasel.

karenhasfreedom on March 1, 2013 at 6:47 AM

karenhasfreedom on March 1, 2013 at 6:47 AM

apparently because they did not actually write in a time in the bill, they claim it doesn’t have to start until 11:59 tonight

cmsinaz on March 1, 2013 at 6:52 AM

Everybody sing: “It’s the end of the world as we know it…and I feel fine”. My take.

kingsjester on March 1, 2013 at 6:58 AM

cmsinaz on March 1, 2013 at 6:52 AM

in case anyone was afraid boehner wouldn’t have enough time to fold, voila!

renalin on March 1, 2013 at 7:00 AM

kingsjester on March 1, 2013 at 6:58 AM

morning KJ :0

the sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!!

cmsinaz on March 1, 2013 at 7:01 AM

renalin on March 1, 2013 at 7:00 AM

LOL

cmsinaz on March 1, 2013 at 7:02 AM

What–we still haven’t gone boom yet?

Liam on March 1, 2013 at 7:02 AM

the sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!!

cmsinaz on March 1, 2013 at 7:01 AM

How does the tale end?
Henny Penny,Goosey Loosey, Turkey Lurkey are eaten by Foxy Loxy.
Moral of the story…don’t believe everything your told.
Henny predicts disaster and the goose and turkey wind up the foxes supper.

bazil9 on March 1, 2013 at 7:12 AM

My brilliant spouse observed that this seemed like Y2K revisited.

indypat on March 1, 2013 at 7:13 AM

Axlerod is lying his face off speaking to Bob Woodward right now. The mustache is already gone . . .

Naturally Curly on March 1, 2013 at 7:23 AM

Morning B9

Henny aka dear leader gets away once again

Ooopsie my bad

cmsinaz on March 1, 2013 at 7:25 AM

Mornin’, ladies! What’s Scooter going to do when they don’t reach an agreement today? Have a Presidential Temper Tantrum?

kingsjester on March 1, 2013 at 7:29 AM

NC and the mj crew is letting him get away with letting Woodward twist in the wind

Classy

cmsinaz on March 1, 2013 at 7:30 AM

KJ

Where’s my binky?
-dear leader

cmsinaz on March 1, 2013 at 7:33 AM

The sun has risen out of the east. Still have power. Traffic is running normally outside. Planes still in the sky. How can this be?

hillsoftx on March 1, 2013 at 7:49 AM

Does anyone think Woodward has somthing on 0bama?

Scrumpy on March 1, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Most of America is starting to have something on Obama – total disgust with the man.

Cherokee on March 1, 2013 at 7:52 AM

I think this blowback to Obama is surprising them at the White House. He is becoming a chicken little laughing stock.

karenhasfreedom on March 1, 2013 at 7:56 AM

I can’t see any blowback against Obama. When nothing happens, his media lapdogs will say he saved the country during that seven minute meeting he had the other day.

Liam on March 1, 2013 at 8:00 AM

Using the phrase “you will regret” is an attempt to persuade by means other than facts, logic, and reason.

It is an appeal to the fear of the consequences of continuing along the path that leads to “regret”.

Now that can mean many things. But when a very high government official, one in the president’s inner circle, says that in an email shortly after yelling at you over the phone for about a half an hour, the number of things it can mean narrows considerably.

A rational human being must assume the very real possibility that it means one or more of “all the president’s men” may become agents of that “regret” in one way or another.

farsighted on March 1, 2013 at 8:12 AM

Everybody sing: “It’s the end of the world as we know it… and I feel fine”. My take.

kingsjester on March 1, 2013 at 6:58 AM

I don’t know where you are but here we have…

Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!

Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes…

The dead rising from the grave!

Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together… mass hysteria!

Oh, nevermind. It’s just a typical day on the outskirts of Chicago. The dead voting should have been my first clue that all is normal here.

Fallon on March 1, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Fallon on March 1, 2013 at 8:43 AM

LOL! Vote Early and vote often…even if you’re dead. Momo would be proud.

kingsjester on March 1, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Bob has missed his chance to say I’m sorry and is probably on Zero’s enemy list. Bob understands what this is and means and that is why he’s on all the shows trying to smooth it over. BTW, the lsm jumped all over him quicker than they ever did for SP. Does he still believe prezzy’s a closet mod? If true, then he is an old fool.

Kissmygrits on March 1, 2013 at 9:01 AM

How come nobody is talking about what Woody said about Obama’s “madness”?

Because dumbass Woody stepped on his own story.

drunyan8315 on March 1, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Is there anyone in Obama’s cabinet that isn’t a member of his propaganda ministry?

They’re all kook fringe. The president has feathered his nest with like minds.

Speakup on March 1, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I hope I’m not jumping the gun here by saying we haven’t imploded yet.

Liam on March 1, 2013 at 2:39 AM

It will be a cold day in Buffalo if sequester comes upon us.

KW64 on March 1, 2013 at 12:17 PM

In Memory of Andrew Breitbart, they have a tribute up. 1 Year ago today, seems so long ago and then not so long.

In Memoriam–Tribute to Andrew Breitbart: I Can’t Stand to Say Goodbye (Original Song) – See more at:

bluefox on March 1, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Liam on March 1, 2013 at 2:39 AM

Here in western PA, our roads are still as pothole-riddled as they were yesterday.

My brilliant spouse observed that this seemed like Y2K revisited.

indypat on March 1, 2013 at 7:13 AM

Yes, except it’s not as interesting, IMHO. :)

PatriotGal2257 on March 1, 2013 at 12:59 PM