Video: Democrat goes completely unhinged on TV

posted at 9:21 am on February 27, 2013 by Ed Morrissey

And lucky for us, he’s from my state, too.  Uff da! Sean Hannity invited Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN) to appear on his show last night to discuss the sequester, and to debate the messaging from the White House that keeps pushing scare stories at the expense of reality.  Instead, Ellison treated us all to a demonstration of just what a safe Democratic Congressional district will produce … a six minute demonstration, no less.

How long can you watch?

I only got through the first minute. Fortunately, Noel Sheppard of Newsbusters provides us with the transcript.  Here’s a particularly enlightening exchange from Congressman Ellison:

HANNITY: Let me ask you a question.

ELLISON: No wait a minute. You said I could rant and I’m going to.

HANNITY: I’ve given you plenty of time to rant Congressman.

ELLISON: We’ll let you get a word in, go ahead.

HANNITY: Oh, you’re so nice to give me a word on my own program.

ELLISON: Okay, I changed my mind.

[Crosstalk]

How about this witty riposte?

ELLISON: The budget control act was forced down by the Republican Party. Sequester is a provision of the budget control act.

HANNITY: Congressman, relax.

ELLISON: The Republicans are responsible for the budget control act which contains sequester.

HANNITY: I’ve got it, I know you’re a broken record. Now let me get you my question.

ELLISON: You’re a broken record.

I’m disappointed that Ellison never got to use Winston Churchill’s favorite debate tactic of “I’m rubber, you’re glue.”  But the best comes at the end, when it’s clear just how far out of his depth Ellison has strayed:

ELLISON: Well, to try to say that it is, that it is the president’s fault that he is to blame is wrong and it’s a lie it’s not true.

HANNITY: It’s not his fault that we have 16 trillion in debt. He didn’t add 6 trillion to the debt since he’s been president.

ELLISON: No, no he, no.

HANNITY: You did add 6 trillion to debt since he’s been president.

ELLISON: What about the other 10? Let’s talk about the other 10.

Yes, let’s forget about the six trillion dollars in debt we’ve incurred over the last four years under the policies of the present, and concentrate on the ten trillion we incurred over the previous 200 or so under the policies that are no longer in place. Brilliant.

Hannity concluded this debacle with this thought:

HANNITY: Congressman, you are a total waste of time. I’m moving on because our audience deserves better. Thank you for being with us. I tried to give you a fair shot.

Too bad the voters in MN-05 don’t realize what a waste of time Ellison is.  Forget electing a Republican — isn’t there a Democrat in Minnesota’s 5th CD with a little more candlepower than Congressman I-Know-You-Are But-What-Am-I? Holy buckets!

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

I’ve seen this jackass in enough other places. He probably thought it was racist to ask him a question. My sympathies to the people of Minnesota although here in Ohio we have our own set of embarrassments.

gsherin on February 27, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Liberals are applauding Ellison’s behavior.

What a joke.

VinceOfDoom on February 27, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Why not just gerrymander the 5th CD out of existence. Memo to Hannity: we all have to suffer these fools every day. Remember, Fla reelected the foul mouthed Alan Grayson.

Kissmygrits on February 27, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Every time I think we may get through these bad times without violence.

The other side wants violence.

cozmo on February 27, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Ellison was quite entertaining, to say the least. Typical of Democrats when their backs are to the wall. They know the truth, and I’m sure some believe the sky will fall Friday; woe to the republic!

Those who know better will have egg on their faces. I’m sure they’re a little upset the Republicans haven’t caved yet, certain that should have happened by now. I expect it will, but in the meantime Ellison provided some comedy.

Liam on February 27, 2013 at 9:27 AM

I just read the transcript. I ain’t wasting 10 seconds on the video. I don’t think Hannity got a single question answered which might be some sort of record for a 6-minute “interview”.

Doughboy on February 27, 2013 at 9:29 AM

ELLISON: What about the other 10? Let’s talk about the other 10.

Yeah, let’s do that. The first 10 was the hard, time consuming stuff. The next six was fast and EASY.

Jabberwock on February 27, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Minnesota gets its name from the Sioux Indian word “Mah-Nee-Soo-Tah,” meaning “No, really. They eat fish soaked in lye.”

Apparently, there are effects.

Roy Rogers on February 27, 2013 at 9:30 AM

ELLISON: What about the other 10? Let’s talk about the other 10.

Jabberwock on February 27, 2013 at 9:30 AM

I kinda wish Hannity had taken him up on that. I’ll bet every penny I’ve got that Ellison doesn’t have a clue which administrations accumulated that debt and how. He probably thinks Bush did it all.

Doughboy on February 27, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Jabberwock on February 27, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Sounds like a certain liberal college chick I once heard about.

Liam on February 27, 2013 at 9:31 AM

I think it is unfair to say that Ellison “GOES UNHINGED” – in fact, he is is always UNHINGED. Seriously, this is a typical Ellison interview – he is always like this, every time he speaks.

We have to keep in mind that Ellison is a typical, unstable, radical enemy-muslim who is associated with, and funded by, islamic terrorists.

Hannity knew what to expect – he gave Ellison the opportunity to be himself.

Pork-Chop on February 27, 2013 at 9:32 AM

I loved the part when he told Sean to check with the WH regarding the $6 tril of added debt, like this arsehold didn’t sign on to it…weasel.

hillsoftx on February 27, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Today’s Democratic Party isn’t interested in democracy, or free speech (let alone firearms.) They simply are a marxist party, in which the best that can be said of them is that they are fascist. They are at best fascist, and at worst a combination of North Korea & Pol Pot.

rbj on February 27, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Ellison is a typical Dem – dumb as dirt and raving mad to prove it.

Slade73 on February 27, 2013 at 9:35 AM

rbj on February 27, 2013 at 9:34 AM

It’s a pretty radical transformation though. Not even John Kerry would’ve led them down a path like this had he been elected. They sold their souls to so many radical left special interest groups during the Bush years and bet everything on Obama(who himself is a Marxist) that they’ve essentially committed themselves to this. I don’t know if they can walk it back in the post-Obama years and considering we’re out of money, how much longer can they be the party of big spending, high taxes, and “free” government goodies without a majority of the electorate tuning them out?

Doughboy on February 27, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Ellison should be glad he was on Hannity. Bill O’Reilly would have cut his mike.

I made it through the whole laughable display of Democratic intellect.

backwoods conservative on February 27, 2013 at 9:39 AM

That’s what you get when you invite a pig to speak on your show. A pig talks and acts like a pig. You expect to have reasonable discourse with a pig?

petefrt on February 27, 2013 at 9:39 AM

And we wonder as a country why we are screwed! Exhibit A.

SPGuy on February 27, 2013 at 9:40 AM

ELLISON: No, no he, no.

Well there you have it. When it comes to the $6T of debt racked up during this administration. No, no he, no pretty much says it all. /

Frankly it is a waste of time talking to any Democrat about sequestration. They want to harm as many Americans as possible in the hope they can blame that pain on the GOP. Call me optimistic but I don’t think it is going to work this time.

Happy Nomad on February 27, 2013 at 9:41 AM

Ellison plays the Angry Black man really well.

portlandon on February 27, 2013 at 9:43 AM

How long can you watch?

0:48.

Fallon on February 27, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Word of the day, Taqiyya, hat tip Fallon. ; )

Bmore on February 27, 2013 at 9:44 AM

petefrt on February 27, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Okay, given that Ellison is a Muslim, I fully expect the Politically Correct SWAT team is about to pay you a visit for that one.

Happy Nomad on February 27, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Good lord,thats Pure Loony-Tic BatSh*t Crazy,
Drowning in Liberal KOOL_AID!!!

canopfor on February 27, 2013 at 9:46 AM

You can’t reason with them.

whiskeytango on February 27, 2013 at 9:46 AM

gsherin on February 27, 2013 at 9:25 AM

The people of this state (MN) don’t deserve anyone’s sympathies. They vote for all of these dumbasses. Repeatedly.

AScott on February 27, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Democrat goes completely unhinged on TV

There seems to be a lot of that going around from the Democrats.

Kingfisher on February 27, 2013 at 9:48 AM

Lets Review:

Idiot Keith,fires a salvo across Hannitys bow,
and somehow,in (keiths mindset),he probably
thinks Hannity attacked him!

Nuts!

canopfor on February 27, 2013 at 9:49 AM

As I watched that last night, all I could think of was Ellison has never grown up. His retorts were typical of a 10-year old:

HANNITY: Why are you so angry? You’re so angry.

ELLISON: Why are you angry?

HANNITY: I’m not angry. I’m laughing at you because I think this is actually comical.

ELLISON: I’m laughing at you, and it’s not the first time.

ELLISON: You’re a broken record.

HANNITY: Is it immoral to put 16 ½ trillion…

ELLISON: You are immoral.

(just to quote a few of them)

And he constantly interrupted Hannity.

sadatoni on February 27, 2013 at 9:49 AM

The point to remember for Ellison’s core constituency is they want him to go on Fox News and do this, because they think that’s what Fox News deserves — they don’t give a damn if the Congressman employs no logic or critical thinking, just as long as he’s angry. And while they rave over him being angry at Sean Hannity because of Hannity’s obvios conservative leanings, had Keith put on the same childish performance while being interviewed by Bret Baier, they would have liked it just as much.

jon1979 on February 27, 2013 at 9:49 AM

Ellison plays the Angry Black man really well.

portlandon on February 27, 2013 at 9:43 AM

He could play Louis Farrakhan.

Kingfisher on February 27, 2013 at 9:50 AM

It looked like Hannity had a hard time keeping a straight face during Ellison’s farcical rant.

workingclass artist on February 27, 2013 at 9:51 AM

typical MN liberal. Elections have consequences you total morons. I’m sure this idiot is representing you to the fullest of your expectations. Liberals are so stupid it is pathetic.

ultracon on February 27, 2013 at 9:52 AM

This is proof positive that the R’s hve no “friends” on the other side of the aisle. The sooner they declare war on the dumocrats the better off America will be.

lakeman on February 27, 2013 at 9:54 AM

unhinged

Is it fair to say this is Ellison’s “Unchained” moment?

He’s clearly playing to his Django-Dorner sympathetic constituents.

Low information Congressman.

Terp Mole on February 27, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Someone should have dumped some pig’s blood on him. I would’ve tuned for that.

msupertas on February 27, 2013 at 9:56 AM

The Congressman seemed angry and shifty.

trs on February 27, 2013 at 9:56 AM

I always wondered who our old poster “narutoboy” was.

What an idiot.

Speaking of Minnesota, anyone seen Bishop? I hope he’s okay.

kingsjester on February 27, 2013 at 9:58 AM

1. Sequestration cuts of $85 billion are impossibly painful, the equivalent of asking Uncle Sam to perform an appendectomy on himself with a nail file, but

2. ObamaCare adding $6.2 trillion to the deficit – nearly 75 times the size of the sequester – is no big deal…

J_Crater on February 27, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Wow. Why did he even come on the show?

thebrokenrattle on February 27, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Hussein’s goood buddy is another typical adherent of the Religion of Peace.

sauldalinsky on February 27, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Pffffft. The Muslim Brotherhood can do better!

Shy Guy on February 27, 2013 at 9:59 AM

ELLISON: Quite frankly you are the worst excuse for a journalist I’ve ever seen. It’s absurd. The worst.

Hannity’s a journalist?

RadClown on February 27, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Ellison sounded exactly like any muslim does on TV when challenged on the “peaceable” nature of the ROP.

As for his incoherent shrillness with respect to defending our muslim-roots equipped president he didn’t sound a whole lot different than Juan Williams.

wildcat72 on February 27, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Ellison is SUCH A CHILD!

RightlySo on February 27, 2013 at 10:03 AM

If you were Ellison, would you want to answer any direct questions?

Ellison (D-Muslim Brotherhood) was caught openly financing Somali jihadists this month.

Recall, in a 6 to 3 decision, the Supreme Court upheld a federal law that makes it a crime for Americans to provide “material support” of any kind (be it in the form of cash, weaponry, training, personnel, services, or “expert advice or assistance”) to a foreign terrorist organization, even if that support is for (ostensibly) peaceful purposes.

Somali jihadists would be one such example. They conduct terrorist attacks against American with one part of their organization while running charitable endeavors with another. Raising money for Somali jihadists to support outreach programs would allow jihadists to use (alledgedly) “charitable” money elsewhere, or even if the specific money was applied to the charitable work, it would allow Somali jihadists to not have to dip into the charity funds for its terrorist activities.

Upcoming Congressional hearings will undoubtedly focus the spotlight on Muslim Brotherhood affiliates. For those interested in a fuller disclosure of Ellison’s calumny, read his dossier

So, thanks once again to Ellison (local Muslim Brotherhood affiliate) for making it easier for Obama’s NSA to track your activities and Holder’s Justice Department to prosecute your material support propaganda campaign.

Terp Mole on February 27, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Nope, not gonna watch. My BP is high enough, thanks.

Bob's Kid on February 27, 2013 at 10:05 AM

Apparently, there are effects.

Roy Rogers on February 27, 2013 at 9:30 AM

Oh ya, don’t ya know. There alot of Scandinavians in Keith’s district fer sure. /s

Buck_Nekkid on February 27, 2013 at 10:06 AM

I liked Hannity’s video of Obama’s Fear Mongering….

Music Rocked!

workingclass artist on February 27, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I saw this in real time, and thought to myself: He is doing exactly what democrats and low-information voters will love.

I found him absurd, an embarrassment, a man simply unqualified for anything other than a disability check for mental illness, but I KNEW liberals and low info voters would love his act. And they did.

When you are a political party appealing to the lowest level of intellect — in a country in which a majority of people now reside in that low level — you’ve got a winning formula. Don’t be mad at Ellison; be horrified that HE is what your country has become. And it’s only going to get worse. When you have a country full of people who cannot work, cannot read, cannot write, cannot speak, cannot wipe their own asses — but they can vote (so long as the party bosses are there to hand out Newports) — you get lots and lots of Keith Ellisons.

Rational Thought on February 27, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I love the way the angry black man responded to Hannity’s video of Obama fear mongering speech with Omen soundtrack.
What an unhinged lunatic this feller is.

ObamatheMessiah on February 27, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Such a good little soldier.

Cindy Munford on February 27, 2013 at 10:14 AM

HANNITY: Why are you so angry? You’re so angry.

ELLISON: Why are you angry?

ELLISON: I’m laughing at you, and it’s not the first time.

ELLISON: You’re a broken record.

HANNITY: Is it immoral to put 16 ½ trillion…

ELLISON: You are immoral.

Ellison was utilizing an automated response-bot via tele-prompter. He has no idea what he actually said.

BobMbx on February 27, 2013 at 10:14 AM

YOU’VE never grown up. YOUR retorts are typical of 10-year old. LOLOLOLOLOL

And he constantly interrupted Hannity.

sadatoni on February 27, 2013 at 9:49 AM

YOU constantly interrupt Hannity. LOLOLOLOLOL

Paul-Cincy on February 27, 2013 at 10:15 AM

I watched the whole thing. It’s just like any other conversation I’ve had with a liberal.

joekenha on February 27, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Flashback 2007: Ellison went out of his way to place his right hand on Jefferson’s copy of a Quran for a photo-op reenactment of his congressional swearing-in ceremony.

it was their right and duty to make war upon them wherever they could be found, and to make slaves of all they could take as prisoners.

Terp Mole on February 27, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Aren’t Democrats always unhinged? What’s new about this again?

nyclakerfan on February 27, 2013 at 10:18 AM

I can’t think of a human more reprobate than a mohammedian democrat. talk about an agent of Lucifer.

tom daschle concerned on February 27, 2013 at 10:20 AM

I did watch all of Hannity last night, and sat through Congressman Ellison’s childish bluster. The DVR had caught up, so I didn’t have much of a choice. Sean was frustrated, but amused, it seemed. I haven’t seen many worse performances by a politician, but Ellison’s substance was little different than King Barack’s. His delivery was unpolished, so he might be taken to task by the royal court for that. He’ll still get a cookie for his effort, though. I mean, he took on the evil yellow journalist, Sean Hannity. Seriously, I know I shouldn’t have, but I felt embarrassed for Ellison. He has no humilty, I’m sure. Still, the comparisons to Pee Wee are apt. Anyway, this is the type of shout down we can all expect, if these people aren’t reined in soon.

creekspecter on February 27, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Pardon my language but Eliison is a complete dick. He used, in real time, the leftist methods. Hannity says that he isn’t angry and Ellison turns around and says I’m not angry and smiles. Ellison continues to rant and when Hannity chastises him Ellison realizes he is close to being shut off and finally asks, in a very snarky tone, do you have a question for me? These are tricks the left use that can be carved up in certain sound bites to make a conservative look pissy. Anti-leftists have to learn how not to fall into these traps.

allstonian on February 27, 2013 at 10:22 AM

*****************UnCivility UnLeashed*********************!

canopfor on February 27, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Like the good muslim he is he then went home and beat his wife for overcooking the veggies, flogged his daughter for going out in public without her tent. He’s gettting ready to have her genitals removed so she won’t misbehave.

He’s also training his son down at the local madrassa to strap some C-4 on him and blow up a bunch of infidels at the local temple. He’s a great father in allah’s eyes.

acyl72 on February 27, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Hannity’s a journalist?

RadClown on February 27, 2013 at 10:00 AM

Progressives gotta project. Their guys masquerade as journalists, so they assume the other side does the same. Or maybe Hannity is just being to subtle for them to understand when he says repeatedly “I am not a journalist. I am a conservative commentator.”

forest on February 27, 2013 at 10:23 AM

We all know he’s a lib creep. However, he is the only dim I’ve seen who prevented Hannity from saying “dirty air and dirty water”
and counting on his fingers as he compulsivly does with other guests

50sGuy on February 27, 2013 at 10:24 AM

ELLISON: You’re a broken record.

HANNITY: Is it immoral to put 16 ½ trillion…

ELLISON: You are immoral.

It’s amazing this infant calls himself an adult, much less a congressman.

RadClown on February 27, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Too bad the voters in MN-05 don’t realize what a waste of time Ellison is.

Maybe Ellison is one of the Lizard People Minnesota voters write in.

Steve Z on February 27, 2013 at 10:26 AM

For those who don’t know more about Ellison he leads the campaign against voter ID in MN. He is a scumbag of the first order and helps rig statewide elections for democrats by keeping a fog over voting in Minneapolis and St. Paul.

Conan on February 27, 2013 at 10:26 AM

*****************UnCivility UnLeashed*********************!

canopfor on February 27, 2013 at 10:22 AM

No, we have not got to that part of the story………YET.

VegasRick on February 27, 2013 at 10:27 AM

You can’t reason with them.

The Force is strong Reason, logic and common sense are non-exisitant with this one these ones”

Impossible to have any kind of a reasonable discussion or debate with them.

hawkeye54 on February 27, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Today’s Democratic Party isn’t interested in democracy,….

rbj on February 27, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Actually, I think they are. The idea is that you ignore the established laws and instead make them up daily as you go along. You do this by whipping the uninformed electorate into voting as a majority bloc or pressuring the legislature on any or all of the specific emotional social issues du jour. The Origins of Totalitarian Democracy by Jacob Talmon (the first in his trilogy which also includes Political Messianism) is informative in this regard. His thesis is that this type of political movement achieves liberty by collective action.

DaveDief on February 27, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Ah, Minneapolis, someday to be vying with Dearbornistan for the capitol of our new North American Caliphate.

hawkeye54 on February 27, 2013 at 10:31 AM

creekspecter on February 27, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Good summary. I’ll bet Ellison’s supporters were pleased. It would go something like this: “Did you see Ellison on Faux News last night? He took everything that teabagger Hannity gave him and threw it back in his face. It was awesome! Hannity can dish it out, but he can’t take it! HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!!”.

Paul-Cincy on February 27, 2013 at 10:34 AM

What a complete embarrassment. The major cities of this country are all completely infested by rank idiocy, and it is killing us.

WisCon on February 27, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Ellison is a Muslim American with a constitutional right to be stupid. America is fiercely exercising that right these days.

BL@KBIRD on February 27, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Kissmygrits on February 27, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Where can we find enough Republican voters in neighboring districts to transfer into that district? Even Michele Bachmann only narrowly won re-election, and we can’t afford to lose her House seat.

Re-districting is usually done by state legislatures, and if the MN state legislature is controlled by Democrats, they will protect Ellison.

Steve Z on February 27, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Yesterday Ellison was complaining about the debt clock being displayed during a budget discussion in congress. This guy is an idiot that really believes we can just ignore the debt and continue with these failed policies. My question is who are the stupid voters that elected this guy?

Ellis on February 27, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Sorry, Ed. Many of the policies that created the $10 trillion are still in place. And they’re largely liberal policies that RINOs caved on or–in an attempt to outdo Democrats–implemented themselves.

BuckeyeSam on February 27, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Say it often say it loud “MINNESOTANS ARE YOU PROUD?”

jeffinsjvca on February 27, 2013 at 10:46 AM

FWIW, Hannity gave this “official” response to Noel Sheppard @ NewsBusters:

I invited Ellison on to discuss sequestration, the President’s rhetoric and fear mongering, and also the morality of Obama accumulating 6 trillion dollars in debt since he has become President.

Ellison became totally unhinged. It is clear Liberals like him and the President are losing it, and frankly I am happy the American people got to see it. Watching him implode was actually funny to watch. It just shows how reckless, radical, and extreme the modern day Democratic Party has become.

As Americans continue to see the President’s policies fail, I suspect it will dawn on them Obama and the Democrats have nothing but empty rhetoric, scare tactics, false promises, and they deserve to be fired.

I mark this night as the beginning of the end for the Obama Democrats.

Consider me skeptical re. Hannity’s final 2 sentences. Because he’s forgetting just how many Low-IQ Voters there are out there.

Del Dolemonte on February 27, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Well its like Kerry said in Germany yesterday, and I loosely paraphrase, “In my country you don’t elect idiots, the idiots elect you”
Yes the idiots of Mn-CD-5.

jake49 on February 27, 2013 at 10:51 AM

W

Rational Thought on February 27, 2013 at 10:10 AM

John Dewey and the Columbia Teachers College getting the last laugh. This was John’s end game and the country walked into it with it’s eyes wide open. When it burns me thinks we will have centuries of barbarism to deal with with no Foundation (Asimov and his Foundation Trilogy + 1) to shorten the term.

chemman on February 27, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Wasn’t it both him and Maxine Waters?

If I remember correctly, the Republican head of the committee had the debt clock on video screens updating during the hearing. The Dems objected and wanted the screens shut off while Democrats were speaking. I couldn’t think of a better analogy for our entire political system.

weaselyone on February 27, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Del Dolemonte on February 27, 2013 at 10:47 AM

I agree, you’d have to have far more Dems put on the unhinged performance before anyone took real notice.

Cindy Munford on February 27, 2013 at 10:56 AM

This is the type of “dialogue” the marxist/leninists have been engaged in for years. When they don’t want to address the issue they start talking over their interviewer and misdirecting to a different subject. They’re masters at it, and Hannity falls for it every…single…time. He’s a rotten “journalist” and, indeed, a broken record. He never resolves anything. That’s why I don’t watch him, or Fox News, any longer. Ellison is nothing but a party hack and a racist bigot. He’s a disgrace to his office, a disgrace to his state, and he’s a disgrace to his country. The citizens of Minnesota must be real losers to have voted this jerk, and Franken, into office. What a bunch of losers.

HiJack on February 27, 2013 at 10:56 AM

BL@KBIRD on February 27, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Since Ellison is a Muslim, there was a good chance he would have strapped on a suicide bomb vest during the interview and exploded it.

sentinelrules on February 27, 2013 at 10:57 AM

For some, perhaps Ellison among them, stupidity is more than a right, its heredity, generations in the making.

hawkeye54 on February 27, 2013 at 10:58 AM

That 2 minute reel of jugears contradicting himself just prior, angered the congressman. Like Hannity waving a red flag in front of a bull.

Red Creek on February 27, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Not Hardly. Leaders such as Ellison don’t do such things. That’s for gullible young men seeking their martyrdom and 72 virgins, women and children.

hawkeye54 on February 27, 2013 at 11:00 AM

And, speaking of UNHINGED

Senate GOP ponders ceding power to President Obama

What?

Pork-Chop on February 27, 2013 at 11:02 AM

The problem is that there are idiots who actually think that the GOP Regurgitator Sean Hannity is a journalist. Nothing could be further from the truth. He is a blowhard GOP propagandist, no different than the Democrat blowhard propagandists on MSNBC. Actual journalism doesn’t exists on cable “news” channels.

CoffeeMan on February 27, 2013 at 11:02 AM

I have the distinct pleasure of residing in MN CD5. Sadly we will be stuck with this jackwagon for as long as he has a pulse and wishes to be in Congress. CD 5 MN is now CD 1 Gaza Strip as Messer Ellison is much more concerned with Palestine than the actual voters here.

As far as redistricting. We have Mark Dayton (D) as Gov, a Democrat run legislature….In a word we are screwed. Only good news is that redistricting happened when Republican party had legislature.

Only hope is that the MN Democrat will behave like greedy children (which they are) and 2014 will return some semblance of balance to MN govt

abnormal_1 on February 27, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Thanks for providing transcript from the video….otherwise I may have clicked on it and spent the rest of the day feeling sickened.

No, no he, no……really?

redlucy on February 27, 2013 at 11:02 AM

CoffeeMan on February 27, 2013 at 11:02 AM

That’s not the issue here. The issue is Ellison.

PS, Daily Kos is down the hall, first door on the Left. Tell chump Threads I said “High”.

Del Dolemonte on February 27, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Video: Democrat goes completely unhinged on TV

And lucky for us, he’s from my state, too.

Do ya one better, Ed: he’s from my CD.

And from personal experience with this guy I can attest that he is as arrogant, condescending and obnoxious to deal with in real life as he appears on TV.

If there was a half, hell, quarter-assed media in the TC’s he would have long ago been exposed for being the handmaiden to Louie Farrakan that he always was.

Bruno Strozek on February 27, 2013 at 11:21 AM

As expected …

Keith Ellison and Sean Hannity Had an Epic Battle on Fox News Tuesday
By David A. Graham

The Fox host and the Democratic congressman ranted at each other for six minutes. What were they ranting about? Good question.

What’s amazing about this is that Hannity and labelmate Bill O’Reilly work best when they bring in guests and steamroll them, giving them little time to respond and throwing them off balance. Ellison turned the script around.

“ranted at each other”?
“Ellison turned the script around.”?

From the comments:

Shana July • 3 hours ago
You folks know that conservatives can dish it, but they don’t have the stones to take it. They attack people with lies and innuendo then when they are attacked with FACTS they can’t take it. That is republican world…what a despicable, sad, disgusting place to be…
41+ 6-

vkg123 • 10 hours ago
Why does anybody still watch Faux News?
50+ 10-

DerekPearce • 11 hours ago
Hannity, why would any politician waste their time legitimizing that phoney gasbag by appearing on his show? Ellison’s heart is in the right place but Fox is better left ignored.
51+ 10-

Sigh.

Paul-Cincy on February 27, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Hannity has never claimed to be a journalist (because he’s not), nor a Republican (because he’s not). It’s scary that this guy (Ellison) runs part of this country, but he doesn’t know the difference between a news anchor/journalist and an opinion host/commentator. He’s been on Hannity’s show and many other news media programs before. Someone should tell Ellison that MSNBC’s Maddow, Sharpton and Schultz aren’t journalist either. But the TRUTH is I think he just came on to start a fight so he could get some attention.

StewartIII on February 27, 2013 at 11:35 AM

I can’t stand Ellison. I listened to the whole thing.
Ellison exhibits a stunning lack of intellect in this clip. He did himself no favors. I hope he has more intellect than this but if not, the people of his district ought to be embarrassed.

ORconservative on February 27, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Where the hell is bishop? Would someone check the bunker?

katy the mean old lady on February 27, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Poor, poor Mr. Ellison. I’m afraid it’s way too late for penicillin.

S. D. on February 27, 2013 at 11:47 AM