Video: Democrat goes completely unhinged on TV

posted at 9:21 am on February 27, 2013 by Ed Morrissey

And lucky for us, he’s from my state, too.  Uff da! Sean Hannity invited Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN) to appear on his show last night to discuss the sequester, and to debate the messaging from the White House that keeps pushing scare stories at the expense of reality.  Instead, Ellison treated us all to a demonstration of just what a safe Democratic Congressional district will produce … a six minute demonstration, no less.

How long can you watch?

I only got through the first minute. Fortunately, Noel Sheppard of Newsbusters provides us with the transcript.  Here’s a particularly enlightening exchange from Congressman Ellison:

HANNITY: Let me ask you a question.

ELLISON: No wait a minute. You said I could rant and I’m going to.

HANNITY: I’ve given you plenty of time to rant Congressman.

ELLISON: We’ll let you get a word in, go ahead.

HANNITY: Oh, you’re so nice to give me a word on my own program.

ELLISON: Okay, I changed my mind.

[Crosstalk]

How about this witty riposte?

ELLISON: The budget control act was forced down by the Republican Party. Sequester is a provision of the budget control act.

HANNITY: Congressman, relax.

ELLISON: The Republicans are responsible for the budget control act which contains sequester.

HANNITY: I’ve got it, I know you’re a broken record. Now let me get you my question.

ELLISON: You’re a broken record.

I’m disappointed that Ellison never got to use Winston Churchill’s favorite debate tactic of “I’m rubber, you’re glue.”  But the best comes at the end, when it’s clear just how far out of his depth Ellison has strayed:

ELLISON: Well, to try to say that it is, that it is the president’s fault that he is to blame is wrong and it’s a lie it’s not true.

HANNITY: It’s not his fault that we have 16 trillion in debt. He didn’t add 6 trillion to the debt since he’s been president.

ELLISON: No, no he, no.

HANNITY: You did add 6 trillion to debt since he’s been president.

ELLISON: What about the other 10? Let’s talk about the other 10.

Yes, let’s forget about the six trillion dollars in debt we’ve incurred over the last four years under the policies of the present, and concentrate on the ten trillion we incurred over the previous 200 or so under the policies that are no longer in place. Brilliant.

Hannity concluded this debacle with this thought:

HANNITY: Congressman, you are a total waste of time. I’m moving on because our audience deserves better. Thank you for being with us. I tried to give you a fair shot.

Too bad the voters in MN-05 don’t realize what a waste of time Ellison is.  Forget electing a Republican — isn’t there a Democrat in Minnesota’s 5th CD with a little more candlepower than Congressman I-Know-You-Are But-What-Am-I? Holy buckets!

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Ellison bothers me because of what he’s said about Social Security and Medicare.

He opposes means testing because then that makes the programs “more vulnerable.” He’d rather the programs continue on their unstable course indefinitely – and continue to force me to participate and take money I won’t need – out of some sense of egalitarian progress.

In other words, my opinion doesn’t matter because he thinks it’s more important that I’m on an equal basis with poorer older people with less resources. He’s smarter than me and he knows what’s better for me, so too bad.

jr.ewing.78 on February 27, 2013 at 11:48 AM

A little more candlepower?

Ed, seriously?
This is the age of the CFB, remember.
Ellison is one of the best & brightest.
Live with it!

Another Drew on February 27, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Liberals are applauding Ellison’s behavior.

What a joke.

VinceOfDoom on February 27, 2013 at 9:26 AM

I’m not surprised. Take over the interview; act like a complete a-hole; don’t allow any questions to actually be asked or engage in any meaningful debate. These are the kinds of things that win praise from today’s left. Kind of like Biden’s bizarre debate performance with Paul Ryan.

TarheelBen on February 27, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Gd all the R ninnies. It’s Adolf in DC time and they enable the charlatanic fool.

Schadenfreude on February 27, 2013 at 11:53 AM

This is the age of the CFB, remember.
Ellison is one of the best & brightest.
Live with it!

Another Drew on February 27, 2013 at 11:50 AM

This CFB?

VegasRick on February 27, 2013 at 11:55 AM

Ellison is an Islamic Communist.

………Democrats are just Communists.

PappyD61 on February 27, 2013 at 12:00 PM

“Let me tell you in World War II, in World War II they (the Nazis) attacked Pearl Harbor. That would be enough.:

- Congressman Keith Ellison (D- MN),Wayne State University (B.A.),University of Minnesota (J.D.)

Forget it, he’s rolling…and he’s a Democrat – revisionist history is their specialty!

Senator Joe McCarthy: “Lying leader of the House Un-American Activities Committee”

Whittaker Chambers: “Lying traitor (to The Cause, not the US)!”

Alger Hiss: Political hero and wronged man.

The Rosenbergs: Innocent martyrs.

Bradley Manning: Political prisoner.

Resist We Much on February 27, 2013 at 12:02 PM

TarheelBen on February 27, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Agreed, plus liberals really hate Hannity. Hannity could be debating a monkey flinging feces and liberals would take the monkey’s side.

Captain Kirock on February 27, 2013 at 12:04 PM

I saw this unhinged moonbat last night make a complete ass of himself. Ranting like a loon. Communist Islamofascist.

Philly on February 27, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Minnesota elected Franken to the Senate, after all.

Steven Den Beste on February 27, 2013 at 12:07 PM

Hannity was too nice, I would would have sent him over the edge and made a reference to Mohammed; just to see if he would have had spit coming out of his mouth.

Tater Salad on February 27, 2013 at 12:09 PM

I think that what I love the most about the members of the Congressional Black Caucus is the perpetual, Black Panther-like, rage, hatred and belligerence.

It defines EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.

EVERYTIME … on C-Span … it is nothing but rage, hatred and belligerence.

The Man is keeping them down, while they drink champagne, eat hors d’oeuvres and party on with Commander Transparent, inside of the Beltway.

OhEssYouCowboys on February 27, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Hannity needs to start referring to the Left as “mentally unstable”.

Tater Salad on February 27, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Kind of like Biden’s bizarre debate performance with Paul Ryan.

TarheelBen on February 27, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Yup. I thought that, too. That debate tactic has been and will be studied and copied by Dems as a blueprint for shutting down the debate. Talk over and force your opponent to shut up, writ large.

Fallon on February 27, 2013 at 12:13 PM

What I found interesting about Ellison’s unhinged performance is what it says about the Dems position on sequestration. If Obama and the Dems are in a power position why was Ellison so agitated and afraid to let Hannity speak? It seems that Ellison fears the Dems and Obama might actually be blamed for the misery Obama is going to purposely inflict on Americans for political gain.

Hera on February 27, 2013 at 12:15 PM

The other 10 trillion was every President before Barack Obama.

Wagthatdog on February 27, 2013 at 12:19 PM

This guy is an elected Representative of “the people”.

Let that sink in for a minute.

ToddPA on February 27, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Hannity needs to start referring to the Left as “mentally unstable”.

Yup….many are beyond “mentally unstable” and are completely insane, but then who’d be willing to appear on his show for shouting matches and trading barbs? Not that I bother to watch it now anyway.

hawkeye54 on February 27, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Someone forgot to remind Ellison that if your argument is dependent on insults, epithets, lies, and generally loony ranting, you’ve got no game and have lost. Loser.

Philly on February 27, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Hannity:
‘I am not a Republican’.
Ha.
How about ading…
‘But I play one on tv.’

verbaluce on February 27, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Philly on February 27, 2013 at 12:29 PM

But that’s the libtard mantra.

BOB WOODWARD: Obama Is Showing ‘A Kind Of Madness I Haven’t Seen In A Long Time’

sentinelrules on February 27, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Loser to us, but to his low-info supporters, it works perfectly, accepting such antics.

hawkeye54 on February 27, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Of course convenient that Ed leaves off what Ellison was reacting to…what put him in the state he was in at the point that Hannity says ‘Welcome!’. The lead-in that Ellison had to listen to while waiting for the interview was as bad and as stupid as Ellison said it was. I think he was quite properly taken aback and the level of misinformation, absurdity, and spin – by the die-hard Republican Hannity.
But of course…leave that bit off…right?
Ha.

verbaluce on February 27, 2013 at 12:39 PM

The DUMBOCRAT message…”You’re a bully, no wait, you’re a liar, no wait, how dare you use our words against us and I’ll talk over you because the only way I can sound sincere is by yelling or being shrill”

Ellison is a punk ass Obama bitch with nothing to say but that’s what you are but what am I…sounds like a monkey chattering in the zoo …

PatriotPete on February 27, 2013 at 12:43 PM

Hannity needs to start referring to the Left as “mentally unstable”.

Lol. The mentally unstable that continues to win elections why you losers continue debating each other in your little HA echo chamber.. Delusional cons.

HotAirLib on February 27, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Someone should ask Holder or Obama if they think Rep Ellison should be allowed to possess a firearm after his display of mental defect.

meci on February 27, 2013 at 12:47 PM

hawkeye54 on February 27, 2013 at 12:37 PM

You deserve a prize.

HotAirLib on February 27, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Keith Ellison was a pro-abort Catholic now he is a pro-abort Muslim. Both religions are against abortion.

Gatekeeper on February 27, 2013 at 12:48 PM

But of course…leave that bit off…right?
Ha.

verbaluce on February 27, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Spin this.

Congressman Keith Ellison Says The Nazis Bombed Pearl Harbor

Congrats to Ellison for becoming the Stupidest Member of the Congressional Black Caucus.

sentinelrules on February 27, 2013 at 12:49 PM

But of course…leave that bit off…right?
Ha.

verbaluce on February 27, 2013 at 12:39 PM

So you approve of Ellision’s rant? That’s acceptable behavior now for elected officials?

Captain Kirock on February 27, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Typical Liberal/Progressive Obama ‘jock-toter’! Like with Obama, TRUTH has no meaning, HONESTY has no meaning, HYPOCRISY is SOP, & ‘me’/'party’-1st trumps the Constitution, US Law, & what is best for the nation/Americans. Ellison demonstrated that he and all those like him are a direct THREAT to our Constitution, Rule of Law, our Economy, and the very existence of this nation!

easyt65 on February 27, 2013 at 12:54 PM

How long can you watch?

Long enough to be sickened by both of them. They are both mouth pieces for each side and care less about cutting spending.

livermush on February 27, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Hannity needs to start referring to the Left as “mentally unstable”.

Lol. The mentally unstable that continues to win elections solely because of uneducated voters

HotAirLib on February 27, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Edited for accuracy.

Fact #1: Republican Mitt Romney won the college graduate vote in 2012.

Fact #2: Your Democrat guy won the high school dropout vote in 2012. By a record margin.

Del Dolemonte on February 27, 2013 at 1:01 PM

Hannity:
‘I am not a Republican’.
Ha.
How about ading…
‘But I play one on tv.’

verbaloon on February 27, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Translated: “There’s absolutely no way I can defend what Ellison said, so I will desperately try to hijack the thread by changing the subject!”

Hannity isn’t the issue here. Ellison is.

Del Dolemonte on February 27, 2013 at 1:03 PM

Y’all know better than to pick up a cat turd and play with it.

Don’t play with the cat turds on HotAir.

Let the Daily Kos cat turds play with them.

OhEssYouCowboys on February 27, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Minnesota elected Franken to the Senate, after all.

Steven Den Beste on February 27, 2013 at 12:07 PM

That election was stolen, but Minnesotans still get the blame for their election law that allows such outrageous crimes.

slickwillie2001 on February 27, 2013 at 1:11 PM

With so many from which to choose, I think that honor should be shared. Its only fair.

hawkeye54 on February 27, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Ellison needs to be dragged into the street and be tarred and feathered.

rayra on February 27, 2013 at 1:18 PM

verbaluce on February 27, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Proof that the leftists would, indeed, cheer on the feces-flinging monkey.

Solaratov on February 27, 2013 at 1:22 PM

verbaluce on February 27, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Excuse me verbaldouche, you may want to think about that for a minute. I saw the lead in and the “interview” (rant). The lead in was entirely the Liar In Chief’s own words, spoken freely and often. There was, however, a very low level musical track added as background, but every spoken word was Obutthead’s. Yes, and I was quite “taken aback by his level of misinformation, absurdity, and spin”…but hey, what’s new?

NOMOBO on February 27, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Delusional cons.

HotAirLib on February 27, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Shut up and sing, degenerate.

Sing Daisy, HAL.

Solaratov on February 27, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Captain Kirock on February 27, 2013 at 12:50 PM

No, wouldn’t say that.
I think the whole back and forth lacked much substance at all.
To be honest, I have no idea why anyone outside of Ted Nugent or Pam Geller ever agrees to be on Hannity’s show.
Hannity’s lead-in was idiotic. Ellison was too worked up – but he was reacting to something. Ed ignores that. Context is everything.
But I get it…it’s HA. Agenda often trumps context. Same goes at Huff Post.

verbaluce on February 27, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Clearly it is a political prop designed to message ideologically

Minnesota’s own Real “Man” of Genius, about a debt clock on display.

Ellison is more as home walking in parades in support of cop killers, that’s for sure.

MNHawk on February 27, 2013 at 1:36 PM

But I get it…it’s HA. Agenda often trumps context. Same goes at Huff Post.

verbaluce on February 27, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Basically, Ellison was unable to control his temper.

Thus, Ellison does not have the mindset to be in Congress.

sentinelrules on February 27, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Hannity’s lead-in was idiotic.

verbaluce on February 27, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I agree, everything Obama says these days is idiotic.

Thanks for saying so.

fossten on February 27, 2013 at 1:50 PM

– Congressman Keith Ellison (D- MN),Wayne State University (B.A.),University of Minnesota (J.D.)

Whittaker Chambers: “Lying traitor (to The Cause, not the US)!”

Alger Hiss: Political hero and wronged man.

The Rosenbergs: Innocent martyrs.

Bradley Manning: Political prisoner.

Resist We Much on February 27, 2013 at 12:02 PM

Well said, RWM.

There should no longer be ANY hesitation to conclude that the Left today are, indeed, a newly emerged Communist Party or Islamic-Communist-Party or something meshing both with the Homosexual-Bullying-Party sandwiched in that.

The Democratic Party is, indeed, today nothing more than a newly dressed Communist Party. Those claiming that’s “fringe” to conclude aren’t paying attention.

Lourdes on February 27, 2013 at 1:54 PM

verbaluce on February 27, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I thought the lead in only contained Obama’s own words, edited to make the President look foolish. The level of anger Ellison displayed was uncalled for. He acted like Hannity had said something about his family.

Captain Kirock on February 27, 2013 at 1:56 PM

verbaluce on February 27, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Basically, Ellison was unable to control his temper.

Thus, Ellison does not have the mindset to be in Congress.

sentinelrules on February 27, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Ellison’s been on the Hannity Show before and he’s acted the very same way then as he has recently.

Have you EVER heard ANY Muslim speaking normally to ANYone else in the socio-political realm?

They all by a population seem struck with some sort of inability to control the volume of their voices. Yelling, screaming, pounding, overtalking others, “word violence” fighting seems to be something that affects 99 out of 100 Muslims.

Ellison is typical, in my experience, with both Democrat politicians and Muslims. Screaming, raging, piling-on in mobs, running around irrationally yelling, pounding their fists, pointing their inevitable fingers at others, high volume antagonistic dictates…these are all very typical Muslim behaviors, from what I’ve seen and heard.

Lourdes on February 27, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Newsflash:
Ellison appears as an angry black man on Hannity.

RedManBlueState on February 27, 2013 at 2:00 PM

John Dewey

chemman on February 27, 2013 at 10:51 AM

The Communist.
Yall should read more about that communist & the time in history he prevailed. Frightening. And it’s why we’re where we are today.

Hannity’s lead-in was idiotic.

verbaluce on February 27, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I agree, everything Obama says these days is idiotic.

Thanks for saying so.

fossten on February 27, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Bwahaha! So true.

Badger40 on February 27, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Captain Kirock on February 27, 2013 at 1:56 PM

He ALWAYS acts like that.

“Hey, Congressman Ellison, have you seen the blue sky today?”

Ellison starts screaming and yelling and pointing his fingers at the sky and blasting the bystander for saying the word, “sky”.

Lourdes on February 27, 2013 at 2:01 PM

He is first and foremost a black muslim. His contributions to his State is flying in as many Somalia Muslims as he can to inflate his votes. He is fanatically anti-American and pro-Sharia law. If anything can convince Americans that other races will never adopt English law and English values or even be interested in Enlightenment values, it is this guy.

Sadly, I believe that Whites will never, ever stop drinking the egalitarian Cool-Aid until their Country is taken away from them. Nov 6, 2012 was a “wake-up call” but Whites rolled over and slapped the Snooze button.

Whites have let themselves be convinced that it is racist merely to object to dispossession,
much less to work for their own interests.
Never before has a people been fooled into thinking that there was virtue or nobility in surrendering its heritage,
and giving away to others its place in history,
only whites have been tricked into thinking that love for their own people is somehow “hatred” of others.

Bulletchaser on February 27, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Yep Ellison used the Quran instead of the Bible when he was sworn in office. Yeah he’s just another typical Liberal thug who happens to be Muslim.

sadsushi on February 27, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Captain Kirock on February 27, 2013 at 12:04 PM

The vast majority of Hannity’s “shootouts” with Socialists, either on TV or radio, make the turd-flinging monkey look quaint and reasonable in comparison. It’s partially why I can’t stand to even watch his show now.

Myron Falwell on February 27, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Hannity could be debating a monkey flinging feces

I thought that’s what Hannity was doing? Guy sure was behaving uncivilized.

Twana on February 27, 2013 at 2:17 PM

A searing indictment of the character and intelligence of MN voters.

tom daschle concerned on February 27, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Too bad the voters in MN-05 don’t realize what a waste of time Ellison is. Forget electing a Republican — isn’t there a Democrat in Minnesota’s 5th CD with a little more candlepower than Congressman I-Know-You-Are But-What-Am-I? Holy buckets!

He is just a typical muzzie. He is Obama’s brother.

Schadenfreude on February 27, 2013 at 2:25 PM

KE did the same moronic thing to other hosts, too. He doesn’t know how to not be an unintelligent rude piece of crap.

Midas on February 27, 2013 at 2:28 PM

But of course…leave that bit off…right?
Ha.

verbaluce on February 27, 2013 at 12:39 PM

You *might* have had a point here if a) the lead-in/context wasn’t Obama’s own words, and b) Ellison didn’t demonstrably behave this way all the time.

So, yeah – shut the f*ck up, moron. :)

Midas on February 27, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Hmm first gen mohammedian…can’t blame long history of first cousin marriage…

tom daschle concerned on February 27, 2013 at 2:48 PM

As I watched that last night, all I could think of was Ellison has never grown up. His retorts were typical of a 10-year old:

HANNITY: Why are you so angry? You’re so angry.

ELLISON: Why are you angry?

HANNITY: I’m not angry. I’m laughing at you because I think this is actually comical.

ELLISON: I’m laughing at you, and it’s not the first time.

ELLISON: You’re a broken record.
HANNITY: Is it immoral to put 16 ½ trillion…

ELLISON: You are immoral.
(just to quote a few of them)

And he constantly interrupted Hannity.

sadatoni on February 27, 2013 at 9:49 AM

In a sane world, he would be expelled from the House for conduct unbecoming, and then probably found with a few extra holes in some dark Hennepin Avenue alley a few weeks later.

Nutstuyu on February 27, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Lourdes on February 27, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Well if nothing else, you get points for not being cagey.

verbaluce on February 27, 2013 at 2:59 PM

So, yeah – shut the f*ck up, moron. :)

Midas on February 27, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Maybe if you had skills beyond profanity and name calling you’d have followed that the lead-in didn’t consist solely of ‘Obama’s own words’.
And maybe like Hannity…you’re not a Republican.
Just a Republican hack.
Ha.

verbaluce on February 27, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Can’t watch or listen but the bits of transcript says it all.
My polite phrase for this type of person is ‘He is a complete and utter fraud.‘ However, this is not even close to a calibration of this azzhat.
The best definition for the Honorless Reprobate Ellison is:
He has shiite for brains.
Yea, that’s an accurate characterization.

Missilengr on February 27, 2013 at 3:24 PM

As a Minnesota expatriate who grew up in the age of Humphrey and Mondale I am saddened by the fact that ‘Massachusetts on the Mississippi’ has shipped it’s Liberalism from the Twin Cities to outlying areas.
I never thought the rural regions of the Land of 10,000 Taxes would drink the Kool-Aid of the likes of Wellstone, Franken, et al, but Ellison is apparently another step toward the election of politicos who, if their IQ were any lower, would have to be watered twice a week.

Klem Kadiddlehopper on February 27, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Liberals always become unhinged when their lies fail to cover up their dirt.

The upcoming sequestration IS Obama’s fault… lock, stock, and barrel. HE is the guy who pressed for it because he didn’t want to deal with another debt ceiling debate before the election. And HE is the guy WHO SIGNED IT INTO LAW. He’s the guy who has had eighteen months to either offer an alternative or make it painless. Instead, he’s deliberately scare-mongering the public.

Murf76 on February 27, 2013 at 5:25 PM

First it was low information voters. Now it’s low information congressmen. We’re doomed.

We used to say “stupid, ignorant” now we just say low information.

Mojave Mark on February 27, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Oh, man, y’all are poking sticks in the liberals’ cage again. It’s fun to hear them screech for a while, and the faces they make are kind of hilarious, but after a while, it just causes a headache. Plus, they fling poo all around the comments section. Bad lib monkeys! Naughty! No more unsustainable spending for you!

Oh, hey, for you social fascist (ahem) “liberals”, there is a difference between the Conservative Party and the Republican Party. If some of you can read, pick up anything by William F. Buckley. You’ll have to puzzle through the words that have more than one syllable, but you might get the gist. Then again, if you could actually read critically, you wouldn’t be a fascist now, would you?

creekspecter on February 27, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Forget (if Ellison will let you, Charlie) the color. The technique is simple and effective with double-digit IQ voters. Confront, harangue, ridicule, obfuscate, interrupt, filibuster and when the opposition tries to end the filibuster accuse them of being ‘rude’ and ‘racist.’This is the hallmark of the left which NOT coincidentally is the hallmark of any ideology bereft of principles, morality, logic,equity or jurisprudence.

MaiDee on February 27, 2013 at 6:47 PM

…what the he11 is wrong with Minisoda?

KOOLAID2 on February 27, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Do any of you remember former Congressman Gus Savage of Illinois? Keith Ellison’s bizarre performance–and I only listened to a brief clip of it on the Hot Talk 560 KSFO Morning Show–and his refusal to allow the host to get a word in edgewise, remind me a lot of Gus Savage’s appearance on CNN’s “Crossfire” years ago.

It’s sobering, nay, horrifying and appalling, to think how much our country is in total free-fall on so many fronts.

Sir Rants-A-Lot on February 27, 2013 at 7:18 PM

but he was reacting to something. Ed ignores that. Context is everything.

verbaluce on February 27, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Ellison was trying to polish his lib street-cred by “taking on” Hannity. Libs have Fox News Derangement Syndrome, and Ellison was showing us just how bad it can get. I would bet the only reason he agreed to appear on Hannity’s show was to be able to get into Sean’s face.

Mallard T. Drake on February 27, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Ellison is only about getting back at whitey.

A lot of that going around.

“Get Whitey” would be a nice movie.

Sherman1864 on February 27, 2013 at 8:42 PM

…what the he11 is wrong with Minisoda?
KOOLAID2 on February 27, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Add Ed Shultz into the mix and it only gets worse. What is up with that place???

Sherman1864 on February 27, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Neither of the are tolerable, really. Ellison is an idiot and he filibusters without making any strong point… and Hannity is smug and repulsive without making any strong point.

Watching this, with not a liberal molecule in my body, I see how Hannity can come across as repulsive to others as Rachel Maddow does to us.

weew on February 27, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Why is that muslim even allowed in Congress?

SouthernGent on February 27, 2013 at 9:10 PM

There’s no doubt in my mind that half the Congress has the mental power of the representative that just spoke. It scares me that there are people this incomprehensible running our Country.

mixplix on February 27, 2013 at 10:11 PM

I think Ellison’s just pissed because he’s such a little fella.

“Awwww….who’s the little fella? Yes you are. Yes you are.”

dverplank on February 27, 2013 at 10:24 PM

Why is that muslim even allowed in Congress?

SouthernGent

Why are you even allowed on the internet, dumb f*ck? Don’t “y’all” have some black people to terrorize?

lostmotherland on February 27, 2013 at 10:52 PM

weew on February 27, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Seriously? Let me get this straight. Hannity was a waste of time for attempting to start a reasonable dialogue with questions which the insipid black man could have had a rebuttal and counter argument, but didn’t? Isn’t DWS Syndrome wearing just a little thin even with liberals?
Just pathetic.

DevilsPrinciple on February 27, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Ellison bothers me because he’s an Islamofascist Muslim Thug who hates white people.

williamg on February 27, 2013 at 11:28 PM

I just watched “The Master” and I was struck by how similar Ellison’s style of argument is to the way the L. Ron Hubbard-like cult leader in the film dealt with skeptics to his “Cause”. When cornered, just talk fast, get emotional, and then assert a bunch of “facts” and wait until your opponent gets sick of dealing with you.

Northside on February 28, 2013 at 12:34 AM

And Ellison is a Congressman? From Minnesota? He sounded like Senator Al Franken in one of his comedy skits. Not meant as an insult, but Minnesota seems to be working hard for their legacy.

Netclimber on February 28, 2013 at 12:56 AM

Something came to my mind. With all the interrupting Ellison did, he should go on TV with Bill O’Reilly. Bill O’s interruptions combined with Ellison’s, if you get them phased just right, could reach critical mass and we’d have energy independence for all of the foreseeable future!

friendlygrizzly on February 28, 2013 at 7:38 AM

“Those the Gods destroy they first make mad.”

TimBuk3 on February 28, 2013 at 9:25 AM

If they would elect a dumb arse comedian, there’s no reason why they shouldn’t elect a dumb arse Muslim.

cajunpatriot on February 28, 2013 at 10:40 AM

lostmotherland on February 27, 2013 at 10:52 PM

I pick lint from my arse crack that has greater integrity, character, more intelligence and relevance than anything that has been emitted from your greasy **** maw.

tom daschle concerned on February 28, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Rep. Ellison, the Pee Wee Herman of debate.

CrustyB on February 28, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Ellison is so smart, witty and tough and he knows it!

shick on February 28, 2013 at 2:14 PM

When I saw that Hannity wasn’t going to mute Ellison’s microphone but just let him rant I switched to FBN for an intelligent discussion of real issues. If I had wanted to listen to a blithering idiot rant and rave I would switch to CNN and Piers Morgan.

Nomas on February 28, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Forgt it. If Joseph Stalin were on the ballot in the 5th he would win if he had a (D) next to his name.
I should know, I used to live there.

dverplank on February 28, 2013 at 11:30 PM