Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on February 27, 2013 by Allahpundit

Gov. Chris Christie today brushed off a snub from an influential conservative group that did not invite him to speak at its conference next month, calling the controversy “small stuff.”

“I didn’t know that I hadn’t been invited to CPAC until like two days ago when I saw it in the news,” Christie said in response to a question at a town hall meeting in this heavily Republican Morris County town…

“Listen, I wish then all the best. They’re going to have their conference, they’re going to have a bunch of people speaking there. That’s their call… It’s not like I’m lacking for invitations to speak around the country.”…

“I can’t sweat the small stuff,” he said. “I’ve got a state to rebuild.”

***

While some Republicans are still angry at Chris Christie for praising Barack Obama before the election, Mitt Romney isn’t among them.

Romney, whose supporters and aides were furious that Christie complimented the president’s response to Hurricane Sandy, has given the maximum contribution possible, $3,800, to the New Jersey governor’s reelection bid, a source familiar with the donation said.

At the same time, Eric Cantor, the House majority leader who pushed to get the Sandy aid bill to the floor for a vote after it was tabled by House Speaker John Boehner, has added his name to a Christie fundraiser in Virginia Thursday night and hosted by Gov. Bob McDonnell, the source said…

“A guy like Christie can really go and sell the conservative message,” [Peter King] said, adding that too many presidential prospects are being pushed to “go and kiss the ring of CPAC” and take certain stands in that process.

***

“To my knowledge, CPAC has always invited Republicans regardless of ideology and they lose credibility by ignoring someone of Gov. Christie’s stature,” said Mike Dennehy, a New Hampshire-based GOP strategist.

Others supported it.

“The essential element that’s missing in the Acela corridor kerfuffle on Christie not being invited to CPAC is the ‘C’ in CPAC stands for ‘Conservative,’” said Florida-based operative Rick Wilson.

“You have a guy who stung the base very badly in the closing days of the 2012 election and who last week says he agrees with Cuomo 98 percent of the time. He’s done some fine work in New Jersey, but he’s also handled relationships with the base with what a lot of conservatives view as contempt. On guns, global warming and a host of other issues, he’s not exactly asking for an invitation to the dance.“

***

I have no beef with conservatives who say they couldn’t support Christie for president. I have no quarrel with those who mount strong, principled arguments against some of his actions; indeed, I share more than a few of their criticisms. But I am alarmed and slightly perplexed by the “he’s dead to us” posture many conservatives have adopted toward the truculent governor. A bit of perspective is in order. New Jersey isn’t purple. It isn’t even light blue. It is a deep blue state. Last year, it was one of only a small handful of states where Barack Obama actually expanded his victory margin over 2008. The voters of New Jersey chose to return perenially-embattled liberal Senator Bob Menendez to Capitol Hill…by a 20-point margin. And New Jerseyans haven’t elected a Republican US Senator since the Nixon era. This represents exceptionally hostile terrain for any Republican, let alone a quasi-conservative one (and no, Christie didn’t actually say he agrees with Andrew Cuomo on “98 percent” of issues). And yet

This country is in grave trouble, and the Left is ascendant. The center-right coalition simply does not have the luxury of engaging in internecine pissing matches, pardon my language. Enough with the internal expulsions, name-calling, bans and retaliatory boycotts. The American Idea is worth fighting for, but that imperative task is made nearly impossible when conservatives — broadly defined — insist on endlessly fighting each other.

***

National Republican committeeman for New Jersey Bill Palatucci, a Christie ally, declined to comment on the CPAC snub, but rejects the premise that Christie has been rebuffed by conservative elements of the party. He points to the governor’s high approval rating and record of cutting taxes and dramatically reducing the size of the state government.

“I’ve been all over the country with the governor and his reception with conservatives, with others, has been very, very positive,” Palatucci said. “It’s an ongoing process. When folks look at the larger picture and accomplishments, they’ll find an executive who’s got real accomplishments to point to.”…

“Fundamentally, what people are pointing to as the problem is what’s fundamentally wrong with the far right of the conservative movement anyway. They’ve sort of forgotten to realize that brand of politics is not working. It has no traction and no success,” said Lisa Camooso Miller, past Republican National Committee communications director and New Jersey Republican state committee political director. “I suspect the approval ratings for the people who disapprove of [Christie] are quite a bit lower than his. He’s governing. He’s doing the job he was asked to do.”

***

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

Via Mediaite.

***

Christie has the sort of common touch that is the rarest (and most valuable) gift in a politician. Take the clip below — from a Montville, New Jersey town hall meeting — where Christie gives his answer to a little girl’s questions about the best part of being governor…

Now, imagine Mitt Romney having that same conversation. You can’t do it. Christie gives off the “normal guy” vibe better than anyone else — up to and including Marco Rubio — who is operating on a national stage for Republicans at the moment.

And, that matters when it comes to running for president. A lot.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

RasThavas on February 28, 2013 at 12:20 AM

No, no, no, thank you.

Bmore on February 28, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Those who give up freedom for security deserve neither.

We’re not all going to shut up.

Schadenfreude on February 28, 2013 at 12:22 AM

That’s easy to say when you’re an anonymous Hot Air poster whose opinions, while very agreeable with me, won’t sway anyone here. Shepherds say that to stop a stampeding flock, you don’t need to kill every sheep – just the leading ram. Some people are braver than others. Having been in combat before I may not care much about my own life, but if my kids’ life were at stake I’d vote whomever they say to. Yep, a coward. Sorry.

Archivarix on February 28, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Illinidiva on February 28, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Rubio has the makings of a pop culture icon

see illini: thats the problem. I don’t want an icon or rockstar or what-have-u for my fearless leader. I want someone, male or female, who gets up at 6 am is at their desk at 7 am and takes care of business. I won’t accept anything less. Oh by the way if they have to stay late say 6 pm or 8 pm or 3 am I expect them to be on the job just like I have to in order to run my business. Let the icons and rockstars hang their pictures in museums, let my president take care of the country.

Fred

jrsrigmvr on February 28, 2013 at 12:27 AM

jrsrigmvr on February 28, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Bravo! Well said, well written, Fred! Excellent! A working president, for a change.

Good evening, my friend. Great to see you. :)

thatsafactjack on February 28, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Bmore on February 28, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on February 28, 2013 at 12:31 AM

No, no, no, thank you.

Bmore on February 28, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Everything has a moral, if only you can find it.

Cheshire Cat on February 28, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Archivarix on February 28, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Meh, then your kids won’t be free.

Schadenfreude on February 28, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Meh, then your kids won’t be free.

Schadenfreude on February 28, 2013 at 12:32 AM

They’ll make their own choices when they grow up. They won’t be able to if they swim with the fishes.

Archivarix on February 28, 2013 at 12:34 AM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on February 28, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Evening Dire. ; )

Bmore on February 28, 2013 at 12:35 AM

Everything has a moral, if only you can find it.

Cheshire Cat on February 28, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Takes a bit of a read sometimes. It was in there though.

Bmore on February 28, 2013 at 12:36 AM

Archivarix on February 28, 2013 at 12:27 AM

To be certain, I’m not here to sway anyone. I’m here to be schadenfreudig at most.

Relatively free stupid people deserve all this.

Schadenfreude on February 28, 2013 at 12:36 AM

Schadenfreude on February 28, 2013 at 12:36 AM

Working…..infrastructure. ; )

Bmore on February 28, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Bmore, you foun an enormous amount of health’care’ pictures. I thought this topic was going to be tough for you. You did a marvelous job, again.

Schadenfreude on February 28, 2013 at 12:38 AM

thatsafactjack on February 28, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Hi. how are you this evening talented one?

Fred

jrsrigmvr on February 28, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Hah, Bmore, I was just lauding your efforts.

Schadenfreude on February 28, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Schadenfreude on February 28, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Thank you Schadenfreude, I started on the 0 Infrastructure. See what you think.

0 Infrastructure.

Bmore on February 28, 2013 at 12:43 AM

jrsrigmvr on February 28, 2013 at 12:38 AM

I’m well, thank you, Fred. I hope that you and yours are well, too. I admire the sentiments you expressed regarding your expectations of a president, any president, very much. Wonderful.

We should be holding ALL public servants to that level of expectation, particularly congress and the executive branch. They ASKED for those jobs. They should work at them the way they promised when they were duly sworn into office. As you say, the way we work, day in, day out.

I’m not sure where or when they decided that they were part of a ruling elite, a cult of celebrity. If anyone still needed proof that the majority of the political class sees themselves as celebrities, seeing Michelle Obama participating in the Oscars should have been enough.

thatsafactjack on February 28, 2013 at 12:44 AM

0 Infrastructure.

Bmore on February 28, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Good start.

Punch in “images fallen bridges”. You might pick a few from there.

Also “images derailed trains”.

Schadenfreude on February 28, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Bmore on February 28, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Good evening, Bmore. Excellent work. I like the Obamacare photos, the soon to be decimated and desolate hospitals and clinics, but the infrastructure one’s bring home the statements of the left regarding ‘managing the decline of America’. He stands on and before the ruins of what great Americans built. Well done.

thatsafactjack on February 28, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Evening Jackie, glad you are enjoying the work. ; )

Bmore on February 28, 2013 at 12:47 AM

On photoshopping…how they showed Michelle in Iran on the night of the Oscars

Schadenfreude on February 28, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Almost Blue – Chet Baker

I bid you all a fond goodnight. It’s been a pleasure, as always. See you soon.

thatsafactjack on February 28, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Nite Jackie

Schadenfreude on February 28, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Schadenfreude on February 28, 2013 at 12:46 AM

I will. If you find anything you particularly like, save the link for me. ; ) All links to good photos are greatly appreciated.

Bmore on February 28, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Schadenfreude on February 28, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Those funny uptight modest bastards! Lol! Thanks for the chuckle. ; )

Bmore on February 28, 2013 at 12:50 AM

My take on today’s QOTD, after being at that town hall meeting:

1) Christie either really doesn’t give a foock for CPAC invitation, or he’s an excellent actor that can give best Hollywood celebs a run for their money.

2) Christie is godsent for our state. Not only he is likely the most conservative Governor we could hope for, he actually does good things here with the budget. It’s easy being Scott Walker when you own the legislature.

3) Heaven forbid Christie runs nationwide. Heck, I didn’t want it before his threesome with Obama and Springsteen, now I would probably campaign against him in the general election. But get used to the idea that if he runs as a Dem, he’s unstoppable.

Archivarix on February 27, 2013 at 11:58 PM

I’m not a Christie booster after the whole L’Affaire Springsteen and stomping on Romney since the convention; but the man has got some magic and the clip above proves it. I mean, I really, really hate Chris Christie and knock him when I can — but then he sucks you in with his every man act.

And they’re right: Who can pull off that act right now among the national GOP contenders? And who has the stones to challenge not only the Democrats (which Christie did do), but also us in the process.

It’s strange and it’s bizarre; but maybe he is our Bill Clinton who can pull us out of the wilderness, put the country back on track, and show the GOP is capable of good governance again. And it was Clinton’s good governance in the ’90s — juxtaposed against Dubya’s terrible governance — that gave us another four years of Barry and another four with Hillary if we don’t play our cards right.

My goodness, I really, really don’t like Chris Christie; but we’re in pretty dire straits with the economy, the spending, Jeb Bush angling for a “legacy”, Hillary, and I could go on and on.

Someone throw some stones at me or something.

Punchenko on February 28, 2013 at 12:52 AM

RasThavas on February 28, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Wow, now that was beautiful…

SWalker on February 28, 2013 at 12:55 AM

Schadenfreude on February 28, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Bmore on February 28, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Hi guys…

… my apologies for being away.

(not that i was missed)

*clink!*

Seven Percent Solution on February 28, 2013 at 12:57 AM

thatsafactjack on February 28, 2013 at 12:44 AM

Jackie: My rockstars so to speak, entertain me. My Gov’t officials provide necessary services for me which do not require me to flic my bic if you know what I mean.

As for mooch I could care less. I don’t pay attention to hollywood, I don’t even remember the last movie I actually payed any mind to. Actually; I do and I got arrested because I went ballistic; about 05′ I think. I know you earn your keep thru hollywood and that is great because we have to care for our own anyway we can. In my nearly 58 yrs., I never dreamed I would see anything like what is happening now and i say it’s high time we put a stop to this nonsense. I dance to the beat of a different drummer and it is not the obama beat. ginger baker comes to mind tho.

Fred

jrsrigmvr on February 28, 2013 at 12:58 AM

7%, you’re not missed, but appreciated when you show up.

Schadenfreude on February 28, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Yes, because going the moderate route has gotten the GOP anywhere back near the reigns of power? Sorry, as someone with libertarian leanings these days (I left the GOP years ago), going moderate liberal isn’t going to turn the tide, its just going to make you a liberal republican. There are some issues, you DO NOT COMPROMISE on. Self-defense rights aka guns etc, are one of them. Gov run healthcare is another. Christie is not trustworthy.

oryguncon on February 28, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on February 28, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Good evening Dire…

(and on that note, Littel 7% is calling again…)

Seven Percent Solution on February 28, 2013 at 12:58 AM

No tunes tonight?

Rusty Allen on February 28, 2013 at 1:00 AM

Seven Percent Solution on February 28, 2013 at 12:57 AM

I always miss seeing you when you’re not here much. Its not quite the same place without you my friend. *clink!* ; )

Bmore on February 28, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Wow, now that was beautiful…

SWalker on February 28, 2013 at 12:55 AM

It was. Too bad glory-hungry teenagers like Oaf and Rubio don’t get it. The entire lot of them are charlatanic thugs.

Schadenfreude on February 28, 2013 at 1:03 AM

(and on that note, Littel 7% is calling again…)

Seven Percent Solution on February 28, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Take good care. First things first. You’re such a great dad.

Schadenfreude on February 28, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Charlatanic. Cool word

Rusty Allen on February 28, 2013 at 1:06 AM

WH court jesters

Schadenfreude on February 28, 2013 at 1:07 AM

He is a Democrat at heart. He chose to be a GOP because that was all that was available. He won. Against a candidate that was so weak that jail was the alternative.

pat on February 28, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Fine. Cool piano adaptation from a music goddess total

Rusty Allen on February 28, 2013 at 1:13 AM

No beef with Christie? Bwaaah. No beef?

SparkPlug on February 28, 2013 at 1:14 AM

Get used to it folks…

SWalker on February 28, 2013 at 1:21 AM

SparkPlug on February 28, 2013 at 1:14 AM

Hey spark: at the next board meeting see if we can git christy (KREME)
hired as the pooper scooper of the glade. i think he has some natural talent.

Fred

jrsrigmvr on February 28, 2013 at 1:21 AM

No beef with Christie? Bwaaah. No beef?

SparkPlug on February 28, 2013 at 1:14 AM

Hmmm, me thinks their just might be a “Where’s the Beef” joke hidden in there under all of those great big Christie Buns… O_O

SWalker on February 28, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Van Cliburn. RIP

4Grace on February 28, 2013 at 1:25 AM

Christie buns. Like Cinnabon, but more squishy and tasteless.

Rusty Allen on February 28, 2013 at 1:28 AM

Van Cliburn: Tchaikovsky

4Grace on February 28, 2013 at 1:28 AM

So, let’s say that CPAC did indeed invite Christie. The odds were 50/50 that he would spend his speaking time chastising conservatives.

4Grace on February 28, 2013 at 1:30 AM

Michelle Malkin is back into videos. This is a hilarious response to Michelle Obama’s idiocy.

Schadenfreude on February 28, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Note the lovely comments underneath the clip.

arnold ziffel on February 28, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Schadenfreude,

Lilliputian in Chief is an apt nickname.

Bmore,

Those photos are good. You’re doing a great job of putting these together. If you can stand to do it, you might add photos side-by-side of a baby in the womb next to one of the horrific photos of an aborted baby.

INC on February 28, 2013 at 1:35 AM

Adios: vaya con dios

Fred

jrsrigmvr on February 28, 2013 at 1:35 AM

Hey!

Rusty Allen on February 28, 2013 at 1:36 AM

Someone throw some stones at me or something.

Punchenko on February 28, 2013 at 12:52 AM

lol. Conflicted much?

arnold ziffel on February 28, 2013 at 1:36 AM

Schadenfreude on February 28, 2013 at 1:11 AM

That is great.

I long to see a First Lady back in the WH with some idea of dignity. MO acts like a teenager who’s in with the in crowd for the first time in her life.

INC on February 28, 2013 at 1:37 AM

Not gonna shower. Nope

Rusty Allen on February 28, 2013 at 1:39 AM

The moderates and RINOs complain that some of us insist that candidates pass a “purity” test. Well, here’s a very short purity test: Any potential candidates must have a spine!

4Grace on February 28, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Any potential candidates must have a spine!

4Grace on February 28, 2013 at 1:40 AM

That’s a great test–simple and accurate.

INC on February 28, 2013 at 1:50 AM

Bmore, I saw what you wrote late last night about clicking the time stamp at a comment before I hit refresh. Thank you! It’s kept me from having to continually scroll back down.

INC on February 28, 2013 at 1:53 AM

That’s a great test–simple and accurate.

INC on February 28, 2013 at 1:50 AM

Thanks, INC. I think so, too. Because it really doesn’t matter what their beliefs/policies are, if they are constantly abandoning them in their attempt to chase those poll numbers.

4Grace on February 28, 2013 at 1:54 AM

Listen to me.

Rusty Allen on February 28, 2013 at 1:54 AM

Listen to me.

Rusty Allen on February 28, 2013 at 1:54 AM

What’s up, Rusty?

4Grace on February 28, 2013 at 1:56 AM

Looks like Obammy & folks have been caught in one of their Little Lies.

4Grace on February 28, 2013 at 2:06 AM

Nothing. Just bored.

Rusty Allen on February 28, 2013 at 2:09 AM

4Grace on February 28, 2013 at 2:06 AM

(: Its me.

SparkPlug on February 28, 2013 at 2:11 AM

INC on February 28, 2013 at 1:53 AM

BMore is very daft with these computer thingies.

SparkPlug on February 28, 2013 at 2:12 AM

Nothing. Just bored.

Rusty Allen on February 28, 2013 at 2:09 AM

Well that’s a good reason to cause some mischief. I was derelict in my duties since I had chores to do.

SparkPlug on February 28, 2013 at 2:13 AM

Nothing. Just bored.

Rusty Allen on February 28, 2013 at 2:09 AM

I’m sorry, Rusty. :(

4Grace on February 28, 2013 at 2:14 AM

WTH. Where is everybody? Guess I’m late again.

SparkPlug on February 28, 2013 at 2:15 AM

(: Its me.

SparkPlug on February 28, 2013 at 2:11 AM

Hi, SP! How’s life in the Pistol Shrimp/New Phone world?

4Grace on February 28, 2013 at 2:16 AM

4Grace on February 28, 2013 at 2:16 AM

Things are peachy keen. Still love my phone but sometimes she can be difficult. Mind you I’m no walk in the park either but at least I’m not that temperamental. She wakes me up on time most days and presents a to-do list among other things.

SparkPlug on February 28, 2013 at 2:20 AM

How come this month only has 28 days. What’s up with that? Seems like an accountinf glitch or computer glitch.

SparkPlug on February 28, 2013 at 2:23 AM

SparkPlug on February 28, 2013 at 2:23 AM

Bilderberg Group.

4Grace on February 28, 2013 at 2:27 AM

ELI’S COMING !!! LIVE 75 THREE DOG NIGHT

Go to the 3 min mark

SparkPlug on February 28, 2013 at 2:28 AM

SparkPlug on February 28, 2013 at 2:28 AM

Great video, Spark! I’ve always loved that song, but have never seen that particular performance.

4Grace on February 28, 2013 at 2:38 AM

Gotta git. :)

Goodnight, Sparky!
If you’re still out there, goodnight to you, Rusty.

4Grace on February 28, 2013 at 2:41 AM

Schadenfreude on February 28, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Bmore on February 28, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Hi guys…

… my apologies for being away.

Seven Percent Solution on February 28, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Who are you ?

listens2glenn on February 28, 2013 at 2:42 AM

Did y’all see this before?

I had not, and I thought it was dynamite.

It was posted by AesopFan, towards the end of the “There’s hope for civilization” thread by MKH.

Parable of the day:

The $50 Lesson

Recently, while I was working in the flower beds in the front yard,
my neighbors stopped to chat as they returned home from walking their dog.

During our friendly conversation, I asked their 12 year old daughter what she wanted to be when she grows up.
She said she wanted to be President someday.

Both of her parents – liberal Democrats – were standing there, so I asked her,
“If you were President what would be the first thing you would do?”

She replied, “I’d give food and houses to all the homeless people.”

Her parents beamed with pride!

“Wow…what a worthy goal!” I said. “But you don’t have to wait until you’re President to do that!” I told her.

“What do you mean?” she replied.

So I told her, “You can come over to my house and mow the lawn, pull weeds, and trim my hedge, and I’ll pay you $50. Then you can go over to the grocery store where the homeless guy hangs out, and you can give him the $50 to use toward food and a new house.”

She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, “Why doesn’t the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the $50?”

I said, “Welcome to the Republican Party.”

Her parents aren’t speaking to me.

AesopFan on February 28, 2013 at 1:50 AM

listens2glenn on February 28, 2013 at 2:49 AM

Guess I posted about 5 minutes too late . . . . . . . . . . .

listens2glenn on February 28, 2013 at 3:00 AM

Who is the one who sequestered two days this month? there’s only 28 now.

SparkPlug on February 28, 2013 at 3:11 AM

they’ll find an executive who’s got real accomplishments to point to.

New Jersey is DEAD LAST in lowering their states unemployment rate since Christie took office. And New Jersey is the only state the last two years to have their unemployment rate raise. And it has risen .5%. Some accomplishment Christie.

KMav on February 28, 2013 at 5:04 AM

good morning HA!

yup, the lsm will continue to praise christie, calling him a classy guy, yada yada yada, I’m just waiting for the other shoe to drop and the palinization begins…

instead of woodward, the lsm will focus on christie….

SOQTD=Squirrel of the Day

cmsinaz on February 28, 2013 at 5:44 AM

The gopE is pissing in the wind. Conservatives have proven they will stay home and no longer vote for “Big Government” Republicans. The GOP is O.V.E.R.

Jayrae on February 28, 2013 at 5:59 AM

shock…morning joe first up re: woodward…

cmsinaz on February 28, 2013 at 6:02 AM

morning joe was threaten by the bush white house so dear leader doing this….meh

cmsinaz on February 28, 2013 at 6:09 AM

there’s not enough tough reporting on this white house
-andrea mitchell

broken clock?

dear leader admin trying to back track on the threat

cmsinaz on February 28, 2013 at 6:10 AM

morning joe was threaten by the bush white house so dear leader doing this….meh

cmsinaz on February 28, 2013 at 6:09 AM

the only threat joe ever got, was not being allowed to clean poppy’s shoes.

renalin on February 28, 2013 at 6:12 AM

renalin on February 28, 2013 at 6:12 AM

heh

morning renalin :)

——————————
apparently only morning joe is upset with the snub

cmsinaz on February 28, 2013 at 6:17 AM

Christie for Gubnor. And thats it. Stay there.

tommy71 on February 28, 2013 at 6:18 AM

morning joe outraged about lack of background checks…they really think this will help with criminals and those with mental health NOT to get a gun…

apparently we are barbaric according to mika because the congress won’t pass a background check law

talk about delusional

cmsinaz on February 28, 2013 at 6:28 AM

Mornin’, y’all! Evidently, the definition of “Conservative” is different up in the NE than it is in the rest of the country, if they think Christie is any sort of Conservative.

O/T: From Watergate to Sequester Madness. My take.

kingsjester on February 28, 2013 at 6:44 AM

But no problem there kissing the ring of Obama and taking certain stands in that process.

In RINO world, only conservative Republicans rate the worse kind of criticism. Obama? Has Chris Christie called anything Obama has done reprehensible? Obama’s administration gets caught selling high powered assault weapons to Mexican drug cartels, thousands of those guns are lost, several murders have been connected now to those guns… and does Chris Christie call that reprehensible? Has any RINO spent 15 seconds being outraged about it?

In RINO land, Democrat hypocrisy and corruption doesn’t exist.

JellyToast on February 28, 2013 at 6:52 AM

Both of christie’s answers to the little girl were narcissistic. I get to control people’s lives (for the good, of course). And I get special treatment at your expense when I go to another state to have a good time and spend your money.

How about “I like being governor because it gives you a few years to live your lives without worry of government intrusions. I get a chance to guide the legislature to solve the problems that need a government solution without forcing another burden on the taxpayers.

tdarrington on February 28, 2013 at 7:29 AM

cmsinaz on February 28, 2013 at 6:28 AM

Well, Yeah!

No matter what else those gang bangers are, they are law abiding citizens. I am sure they will obey the law before making firearm purchase.

Happy Nomad on February 28, 2013 at 8:00 AM

Sleep with wolves, wake up with Democrats. That’s life Christie.

Czar of Defenestration on February 28, 2013 at 8:13 AM

Meh, he’s got thick skin…

so-notbuyingit on February 28, 2013 at 8:20 AM

Yes, a guy who share 98% of his politics with Andrew Cuomo–that’s the guy to sell the conservative message!

Hey, I like Christie as much as I could like anybody who is so receptive to liberal politics, but he’s not getting out of his own way here.

Axeman on February 28, 2013 at 8:30 AM

I rather like Christie. You guys do too when he’s on a topic you like.

Genuine on February 28, 2013 at 8:30 AM

BMore is very daft with these computer thingies.

SparkPlug on February 28, 2013 at 2:12 AM

daft ??? he is crazy with computer thingies ???

maybe deft: skilled :D

conservative tarheel on February 28, 2013 at 8:56 AM

tdarrington on February 28, 2013 at 7:29 AM

then see he would be conservative …

instead he does a lap dance on Obama

conservative tarheel on February 28, 2013 at 8:57 AM