Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on February 27, 2013 by Allahpundit

Gov. Chris Christie today brushed off a snub from an influential conservative group that did not invite him to speak at its conference next month, calling the controversy “small stuff.”

“I didn’t know that I hadn’t been invited to CPAC until like two days ago when I saw it in the news,” Christie said in response to a question at a town hall meeting in this heavily Republican Morris County town…

“Listen, I wish then all the best. They’re going to have their conference, they’re going to have a bunch of people speaking there. That’s their call… It’s not like I’m lacking for invitations to speak around the country.”…

“I can’t sweat the small stuff,” he said. “I’ve got a state to rebuild.”

***

While some Republicans are still angry at Chris Christie for praising Barack Obama before the election, Mitt Romney isn’t among them.

Romney, whose supporters and aides were furious that Christie complimented the president’s response to Hurricane Sandy, has given the maximum contribution possible, $3,800, to the New Jersey governor’s reelection bid, a source familiar with the donation said.

At the same time, Eric Cantor, the House majority leader who pushed to get the Sandy aid bill to the floor for a vote after it was tabled by House Speaker John Boehner, has added his name to a Christie fundraiser in Virginia Thursday night and hosted by Gov. Bob McDonnell, the source said…

“A guy like Christie can really go and sell the conservative message,” [Peter King] said, adding that too many presidential prospects are being pushed to “go and kiss the ring of CPAC” and take certain stands in that process.

***

“To my knowledge, CPAC has always invited Republicans regardless of ideology and they lose credibility by ignoring someone of Gov. Christie’s stature,” said Mike Dennehy, a New Hampshire-based GOP strategist.

Others supported it.

“The essential element that’s missing in the Acela corridor kerfuffle on Christie not being invited to CPAC is the ‘C’ in CPAC stands for ‘Conservative,’” said Florida-based operative Rick Wilson.

“You have a guy who stung the base very badly in the closing days of the 2012 election and who last week says he agrees with Cuomo 98 percent of the time. He’s done some fine work in New Jersey, but he’s also handled relationships with the base with what a lot of conservatives view as contempt. On guns, global warming and a host of other issues, he’s not exactly asking for an invitation to the dance.“

***

I have no beef with conservatives who say they couldn’t support Christie for president. I have no quarrel with those who mount strong, principled arguments against some of his actions; indeed, I share more than a few of their criticisms. But I am alarmed and slightly perplexed by the “he’s dead to us” posture many conservatives have adopted toward the truculent governor. A bit of perspective is in order. New Jersey isn’t purple. It isn’t even light blue. It is a deep blue state. Last year, it was one of only a small handful of states where Barack Obama actually expanded his victory margin over 2008. The voters of New Jersey chose to return perenially-embattled liberal Senator Bob Menendez to Capitol Hill…by a 20-point margin. And New Jerseyans haven’t elected a Republican US Senator since the Nixon era. This represents exceptionally hostile terrain for any Republican, let alone a quasi-conservative one (and no, Christie didn’t actually say he agrees with Andrew Cuomo on “98 percent” of issues). And yet

This country is in grave trouble, and the Left is ascendant. The center-right coalition simply does not have the luxury of engaging in internecine pissing matches, pardon my language. Enough with the internal expulsions, name-calling, bans and retaliatory boycotts. The American Idea is worth fighting for, but that imperative task is made nearly impossible when conservatives — broadly defined — insist on endlessly fighting each other.

***

National Republican committeeman for New Jersey Bill Palatucci, a Christie ally, declined to comment on the CPAC snub, but rejects the premise that Christie has been rebuffed by conservative elements of the party. He points to the governor’s high approval rating and record of cutting taxes and dramatically reducing the size of the state government.

“I’ve been all over the country with the governor and his reception with conservatives, with others, has been very, very positive,” Palatucci said. “It’s an ongoing process. When folks look at the larger picture and accomplishments, they’ll find an executive who’s got real accomplishments to point to.”…

“Fundamentally, what people are pointing to as the problem is what’s fundamentally wrong with the far right of the conservative movement anyway. They’ve sort of forgotten to realize that brand of politics is not working. It has no traction and no success,” said Lisa Camooso Miller, past Republican National Committee communications director and New Jersey Republican state committee political director. “I suspect the approval ratings for the people who disapprove of [Christie] are quite a bit lower than his. He’s governing. He’s doing the job he was asked to do.”

***

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

Via Mediaite.

***

Christie has the sort of common touch that is the rarest (and most valuable) gift in a politician. Take the clip below — from a Montville, New Jersey town hall meeting — where Christie gives his answer to a little girl’s questions about the best part of being governor…

Now, imagine Mitt Romney having that same conversation. You can’t do it. Christie gives off the “normal guy” vibe better than anyone else — up to and including Marco Rubio — who is operating on a national stage for Republicans at the moment.

And, that matters when it comes to running for president. A lot.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

I don’t feel sequestered…

KCB on February 27, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Should we really give a f*** about this fat f*** Christie with all the crap that is going on?

mnjg on February 27, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Christie…This should be fun//

KCB on February 27, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Why is this really important?

KCB on February 27, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Is this the CPAC snub of all time? The guy wasn’t invited. So what!

KCB on February 27, 2013 at 10:45 PM

KCB on February 27, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Oh by the way..

Good Bishop…

Electrongod on February 27, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Never mind.

KCB on February 27, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Join Crist already. We know that you really, really want to.

Resist We Much on February 27, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Yeah I am losing a lot of sleep behind Obama’s Fat Chick’s zany antics…

harlekwin15 on February 27, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Omg. I suppose now all we will hear about is how big a lard azz Christie is and not one word will be mentioned about his quadruple chins.

You people are so predictable.

SparkPlug on February 27, 2013 at 10:48 PM

I don’t feel sequestered…

KCB on February 27, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Obama is small..

Just sayin’

Electrongod on February 27, 2013 at 10:49 PM

I don’t feel sequestered…

KCB on February 27, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Then ya must not be doing it right…. Or would that be left? Since it is an Obama program, I mean… O_O

SWalker on February 27, 2013 at 10:49 PM

You think we will get the “I didn’t leave the party, the part left me” speech?

KCB on February 27, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Why is this really important?

KCB on February 27, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Because it is sequester time!

SMOD was a bust.

Gun control is flaming out.

People are scratching their heads about global warming.

Nobody cares any more. The chicken little types are feeling unloved.

They are getting desperate and figure Christie can give them a little traction. In a Krispie Kreme sort of way.

cozmo on February 27, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Does Chris have one of those little red pop-up timers?

‘Coz he’s done on the national scene.

profitsbeard on February 27, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Woodward’s managed to make me suspect Nixon got a raw deal.

— Matt Yglesias (@mattyglesias) February 28, 2013

Wow!

Resist We Much on February 27, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Ignore the Strike lines.

They are caused by the Sequester Meteor…

Electrongod on February 27, 2013 at 10:50 PM

“I can’t sweat the small stuff,” he said. “I’ve got a state to rebuild.”

“Plus I’m really busy giving lip service to Obama, Linguicia and jelly torte.”

arnold ziffel on February 27, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Ugh

15 minutes are up

cmsinaz on February 27, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Hello fellow Hot Airians!!

Got a great poem here, not mine.

It’s by a guy Named John who served in the Navy:

John

“The Messiah” Obama wants our guns,
Along with other liberal bums.
Our Constitution, says otherwise,
He is not American, he’s in disguise.

The 2nd Amendment is plain you see,
To protect us all from his tyranny.
He wishes a country full of sheep,
And I pray each night before I sleep.

I pray that America will always survive,
But I am seeing, a quick demise.
Our GOD given rights are under attack,
And once gone, we will never get back !

Millions have died to keep us free,
I will too, if need be.
Drones in the sky, over the land of the free,
Drones that will be spying on you and me.

Complete control, over us you see,
Hell or high water, it WILL NOT be!
I served this great country in Vietnam,
And I am not, a brave man.

MOLON LABE, is the battle cry,
From my dead hands, you will have to pry.
Guns have always kept America free,
There is only one way, to get them from me !

John D USN RVN 71, 72, 73, evac 75

Scrumpy on February 27, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Woodward’s managed to make me suspect Nixon got a raw deal.

— Matt Yglesias (@mattyglesias) February 28, 2013

Wow!

Resist We Much on February 27, 2013 at 10:50 PM

These people are completely insane and unhinged.

KCB on February 27, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Conservative ideals like gun grabbing.

RickB on February 27, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Rather Scalia be the QOTD.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 27, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Seems like HotAir has a Christy bromance….

Too bad, so sad.

idesign on February 27, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Ugh

15 minutes are up

cmsinaz on February 27, 2013 at 10:50 PM

The same amount of time that the Sequester will be funded..

Electrongod on February 27, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Electrongod on February 27, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Thanks EG!

KCB on February 27, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Conservative ideals like gun grabbing.

RickB on February 27, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Like radical-muzzie befriending.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 27, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Heh EG

cmsinaz on February 27, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Oh real nice. You people talk about his proclivities for eating doughnuts and refuse to broach the topic of his talents for chain gulping hot dogs. So typical.

SparkPlug on February 27, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Woodward’s managed to make me suspect Nixon got a raw deal.

— Matt Yglesias (@mattyglesias) February 28, 2013

Wow!

Resist We Much on February 27, 2013 at 10:50 PM

WOW! but expected from liberals and their media… They have created Obama and they are not going to destroy their creation under any condition… It is wrong to say that Obama controls the media, it is the media that controls Obama, they are his creator… So such a statement by this low life Matt Yglesias is shocking at first but then when you think about it you realize it is just what liberals say and do…

mnjg on February 27, 2013 at 10:54 PM

******SandyStorm Photo-Op Political Kiss of Death DOA ********!!

canopfor on February 27, 2013 at 10:54 PM

Really sick of Christie.

Not sure Bob Woodward would be someone I would tick off. The left better be careful.

gophergirl on February 27, 2013 at 10:54 PM

V-”I”m not a crook”-V

wolly4321 on February 27, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Heh EG

cmsinaz on February 27, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Just crumbs..

I saw a artist render of something like this today :)

Electrongod on February 27, 2013 at 10:55 PM

SparkPlug on February 27, 2013 at 10:53 PM

SparkPlug:Donut hole Chitty/Chatty eh,well,I never…sumpin(sarc):)

canopfor on February 27, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Another Chris Creosote thread?

Care for a wafer?

can_con on February 27, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Can we talk about anything else?

KCB on February 27, 2013 at 10:56 PM

I detested Christie long ago. Glad we have all come to agreement on the man. But I am really getting a bit sick of the people who absolutely MUST have an idol to promote. Try and look at new politicians with a bit of skepticism, skepticism is GOOD FOR YOU.

astonerii on February 27, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Like radical-muzzie befriending.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 27, 2013 at 10:52 PM

annoyinglittletwerp:Lol,me likey,haha!:)

canopfor on February 27, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Matt Yglesias: “Nixon got a raw deal”??

Methinks the Left may be worried if they are having to resort to suggesting that Nixon was a victim.

Next up from the Left: Woodward is worse than Nixon, Bush, McCarthy, and Whittaker Chambers…COMBINED.

#STANDWITHWOODWARD

Resist We Much on February 27, 2013 at 10:57 PM

V-”I”m not a crook”-V

wolly4321 on February 27, 2013 at 10:55 PM

I see what you did there! :-)

KCB on February 27, 2013 at 10:57 PM

I sequestered Christie’s Krispy Kreme’s. He’s pissed. He tried to chase me but I sequestered his golf cart. He tried to chase me up a small hill but I sequestered his oxygen tank. Then I felt bad so I are dinner with him. I had a strip steak, he sequestered ribeye, his prized black angus.

Rusty Allen on February 27, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Another Chris Creosote thread?

Care for a wafer?

can_con on February 27, 2013 at 10:56 PM

can_con:

As long as your breaking out the Royal Doulton Chinaware,
with a fancy pattern type tea-cup,er,for the wafer enjoy
ment!

Cheers!
(snark):)

canopfor on February 27, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Can we talk about anything else?

KCB on February 27, 2013 at 10:56 PM

I’m game..

Electrongod on February 27, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Ate

Rusty Allen on February 27, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Someone who is not a conservative is not invited to speak at a conservative gathering. This is news?

tngmv on February 27, 2013 at 11:01 PM

canopfor on February 27, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Heck, any two bit piker can ram a couple dozen doughnuts down their gullet at a local franchise. Where Christie leaves all the wanna bees behind is at the factory warehouse production line with his face attached to the chocolate cake icing nozzle.

SparkPlug on February 27, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Hmmm, from another blog…

The Osprey
188 | February 27, 2013 10:51 pm

The former Panamanian ambassador to the Organization of Ameican States is claiming Hugo Chavez es muerte.

Now we have all heard this prediction many times already… One of these days though… ;)

SWalker on February 27, 2013 at 11:01 PM

And, that matters when it comes to running for president. A lot.

Christie caved on many issues…That matters a lot too.

workingclass artist on February 27, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Can we talk about anything else?

KCB on February 27, 2013 at 10:56 PM

I’m game..

Electrongod on February 27, 2013 at 11:00 PM

I find the fact that Jarret threatened Woodward to be more interesting. At least that is my guess. Any other guesses?

KCB on February 27, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Is that so ?
Soooo…WHY do even the left’s nuttiest wingnuts transform themselves into pro-America, Constitution loving ,God fearing, military respecting patriots, at election time ???
WHY do politicians hide their hatred of America and Americans and behave like conservatives to get elected if being a conservative is so wrong and being a marxist is so right ?

burrata on February 27, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Can we talk about anything else?

KCB on February 27, 2013 at 10:56 PM

The new Duck Dynasty episodes were funny.

gophergirl on February 27, 2013 at 11:03 PM

#STANDWITHWOODWARD

Resist We Much on February 27, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Resist We Much:-O
==================

#StandWithWoodward

Posted by William A. Jacobson Wednesday, February 27, 2013 at 7:09pm

canopfor on February 27, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Cheers!
(snark):)

canopfor on February 27, 2013 at 10:59 PM

I am patiently waiting for your breaking news links of Journalists coming to the side of Woodward.

Waiting
Waiting
Waiting

Hello? Journalists? Anyone home?

can_con on February 27, 2013 at 11:04 PM

Woodward’s managed to make me suspect Nixon got a raw deal.

— Matt Yglesias (@mattyglesias) February 28, 2013

Wow!

Resist We Much on February 27, 2013 at 10:50 PM

They eat their young…

Or in Woodward’s case their elders

workingclass artist on February 27, 2013 at 11:04 PM

KCB on February 27, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Ditto..

What is happening in the White House today needs to be on radar…

Chris…

He has a tingle every now and then…

Electrongod on February 27, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Christie caved on many issues…That matters a lot too.

workingclass artist on February 27, 2013 at 11:02 PM

If the country does not end by November 2016, there is no threat mankind nor God and place against me to vote for another Progressive (R). Voting Romney is the last choke it down vote I will ever make.

You people can detest me all you like about my hard-ass positions, but one thing I can and will succeed at is salt the entire spectrum of potential voters for the (R) in my area of influence if we do not nominate a conservative in 2016.

astonerii on February 27, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Matt Yglesias: “Nixon got a raw deal”??

#STANDWITHWOODWARD

Resist We Much on February 27, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Maybe Hannity will campaign for Woodward to work at Fox News?

workingclass artist on February 27, 2013 at 11:06 PM

And that’s a major reason Romney lost the election. Until we get a candidate that’s willing to fight to win, we’ll keep losing.

Can you imagine what President Choom would have done if a major democratic personality cozied up to Romney a few days before the election?

RoadRunner on February 27, 2013 at 11:07 PM

I’m not really sure why NJ is still a State. South NY or North Delaware would be better.

wolly4321 on February 27, 2013 at 11:08 PM

tngmv on February 27, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Well, when you do not know what objective journalism looks like, and when you have never in your entire life time been exposed to real news reporting, it’s not particularly surprising that you think indoctrination propaganda is synonymous with New.

But, in truth, you are correct, this is not NEWS, this is a form of brainwashing, where you, the ignorant gullible rube are being instructed on exactly what you are required to think. In this particular case, what you are being indoctrinated to think, is that liberals are conservatives.

Chris Christie is a typical Liberal Progressive who ran as a republican, because like Herr Doktor Paul, it was the only way he could get elected. Now, because this very liberal “Republican” won an election, and 70 percent of all Republicans are Conservative, you are being required to think that all Republicans should automatically be expected to speak at CPAC.

This is how infiltration works. This is how indoctrination works, and it is how people are brainwashed.

SWalker on February 27, 2013 at 11:10 PM

KCB on February 27, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Woodward said He…the Email that followed the hour long phone rant came from a male.

Brennan?

Carney?

Maybe Lew who became Sec. of Treasury today?

workingclass artist on February 27, 2013 at 11:10 PM

canopfor on February 27, 2013 at 10:55 PM

SparkPlug on February 27, 2013 at 11:01 PM

SparkPlug:Oh boy,I too,can do some serious damage to a dozen
donuts,haha,but heres a little dirty secret,you
have to do some form of exercise,to burn it off,
or,…..:)

Icing Nozzle,Lol:)

canopfor on February 27, 2013 at 11:12 PM

It is so nice to be a “gentleman” and above the fray while our country gets set afire. Long as you have yours. Sure funny papa Bush and shrub say nada while Clinton and Carter salt the earth.

arnold ziffel on February 27, 2013 at 11:13 PM

As Always.

Bmore on February 27, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Palin wrote that if D.C. politicians were “serious about putting our fiscal house in order,” then they would stop with the manufactured crises.

“Let’s stop the hysterics, tighten our belts, and take our medicine,” she wrote.

What an idiot! She just doesn’t understand nuance or or something// Thanks williamg! Cuda!

KCB on February 27, 2013 at 11:13 PM

And I’ll sequester your little dog too.

Rusty Allen on February 27, 2013 at 11:14 PM

SWalker on February 27, 2013 at 11:10 PM

THREAD WINNER

Excellent post.

SparkPlug on February 27, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Maybe Lew who became Sec. of Treasury today?

workingclass artist on February 27, 2013 at 11:10 PM

workingclassartist:Done Deal:)
================================

Senate confirms Jack Lew as US Treasury Secretary by a vote of 71-26 – @NBCNews

5 hours ago by editor

canopfor on February 27, 2013 at 11:16 PM

workingclass artist on February 27, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Not Carney. Maybe Lew. He is, after all, an ass.

KCB on February 27, 2013 at 11:16 PM

SWalker on February 27, 2013 at 11:10 PM

KingGold will be around to explain to you how less than 40% of the GOP are Conservative.

RickB on February 27, 2013 at 11:17 PM

I see the pall of Medieval Violence descending upon this country…….

There’s no getting around it – this will all come to violence

Where do you think it will start?

williamg on February 27, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Would You Like Another Serving Of Schadenfreude? Ms Bazile Is Serving!

Bless Her Heart, Donna Brazile Opts For The Double-Scoop Of Stupidity

Resist We Much on February 27, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Seriously? We are in the freakin twilight zone! You can’t make this stuff up!

KCB on February 27, 2013 at 11:20 PM

While I — like many people here — feel some mixed emotions about Christie, he should have been invited. He is one of the most popular governors in the country; his work in New Jersey has reduced taxes and balanced their budget, and led Jersey through a horrific hurricane.

Of course, the president’s visit to Jersey during the campaign was political, and so was Christie’s vast array of ridiculous complements. But why can’t he speak? For that matter, why can’t GOProud sponsor an event? These hissy-fits are why we lost in ’12.

No, I don’t support all of Gov. Chrisite’s positions; do you support all of former VP Cheney’s? He supports marriage equality, ya know.

youknowit on February 27, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Can we talk about anything else?

KCB on February 27, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Tomorrow is the one month anniversary at the Gulch, swing by and help us turn the page.

G’night, HA night owls…

Fallon on February 27, 2013 at 11:20 PM

I’m a conservative. Christie is a moderate. But he’s the most popular Republican in the country right now. He’s governing pretty conservatively for the state he is in. He’ll be a major player in 2016.

therightwinger on February 27, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Bmore on February 27, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Too bad that ravening, gluttonous appetite isn’t satisfied with food, but extends to power, too.

thatsafactjack on February 27, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Katrina vandenHeuvel ‏@KatrinaNation

Smart @thenation interns & young folks have no idea who Woodward is but dc establishment freaked about his critique of WH & sequester.

Is that something she really wants to admit publicly?

steebo77 on February 27, 2013 at 11:21 PM

youknowit on February 27, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Shall not be infringed….nuff said.

KCB on February 27, 2013 at 11:21 PM

canopfor on February 27, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Waiting
Waiting
Waiting

Hello? Journalists? Anyone home?

can_con on February 27, 2013 at 11:04 PM

can_con:

Lol,oh ya,as if the rest of the Journ0listers are going to
go out on the limb,for Woodward,and I guess,Jake Trapper was
the (first) victim,of the Hopey/Changey Purgation!:)

canopfor on February 27, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Chris Christie couldn’t bring himself to say “Barack Obama” during the freakin’ KEYNOTE ADDRESS AT THE GOP CONVENTION.

SouthernGent on February 27, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Hear Jerry Doyle last night on the way home last night. He was ranting and raving about Christie being disinvited to speak at CPAC. He then became sarcastic about how it made sense that someone who balanced his state’s budget, shrunk its spending and size while standing up to the unions wouldn’t be considered conservative enough to speak at CPAC, and how being pro-life wouldn’t be conservative enough to CPAC. He then stated that the radical right like Limbaugh had denigrated Christie during the hurricane coverage and blamed Christie for Romney’s loss, calling Christie’s time with Obama, a “long slobbering love affair”. He then played the cheering Christie received prior to his RNC Convention speech as evidence of how well loved Christie was back then and now lamented how he is persona non grata. That was the substance of Doyle’s rant. He went on for the next several minutes that I continued to listen with variations on the above theme.

Like a democrat, Doyle kind of left out some key things:
Conservatives might not think somebody who supports gun control is conservative enough to speak at CPAC

Conservatives might not think someone who supported the Ground Zero Victory Mosque is conservative enough to speak at CPAC

Conservatives might not think someone who supports climate change legislation is conservative enough to speak at CPAC

Conservatives might not think someone who stated that he agrees with Cuomo 98% of the time is anywhere near conservative enough to speak at CPAC.

The guy gets three positions right, and Doyle thinks that makes him “conservative enough” to be considered a small government conservative in the Reagan mold.

AZfederalist on February 27, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Civil War

Schadenfreude on February 27, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Hey ALT,this one is for you Girl:)
(sarc)

Gun misfires at Texas concealed handgun class; employee sustains non-life threatening injury – @KETK

28 mins ago from http://www.ketknbc.com by editor
==============================================

canopfor on February 27, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on February 27, 2013 at 11:24 PM

I see the pall of Medieval Violence descending upon this country…….

There’s no getting around it – this will all come to violence

Where do you think it will start?

williamg on February 27, 2013 at 11:20 PM

With the illegal aliens released today? Because of the sequester, you know…

cptacek on February 27, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Is that something she really wants to admit publicly?

steebo77 on February 27, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Indeed…what a cow she is.

Schadenfreude on February 27, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Dire…

KCB on February 27, 2013 at 11:25 PM

SouthernGent on February 27, 2013 at 11:22 PM

And..he spoke for over twenty minutes, all about himself, including his childhood, before he ever mentioned Romney, and then it was only briefly before he went back to himself again.

Gee… who else does that? Oh, yeah…. Barack Obama.

thatsafactjack on February 27, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Which is a good part of why Romney lost – because he’s a friggin idiot, along with the fact that he’s not conservative in any way, whatsoever.

Mitt, go away. You lied down for the 2012 campaign (not for the primary, which you attacked conservatives like crazy) so why don’t you just continue your passive, nonexistent stance and stop bothering us.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on February 27, 2013 at 11:26 PM

To bad we have to put him on such a big pedestal.
Kind of wish he’d just go away.

anotherJoe on February 27, 2013 at 11:27 PM

youknowit on February 27, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Go to hell you fool. Popular does not mean CONSERVATIVE… CPAC, Conservative Political Action Conference, is a conference for CONSERVATIVES not fat a$$ “Popular” Liberal Governors.

SWalker on February 27, 2013 at 11:27 PM

Burnin’ Hell – Bonamassa

thatsafactjack on February 27, 2013 at 11:28 PM

Is that something she really wants to admit publicly?

steebo77 on February 27, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Indeed…what a cow she is.

Schadenfreude on February 27, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Heh. This is how you know that the argument over who to blame for the sequesters is over.

youknowit on February 27, 2013 at 11:28 PM