Report: Christie to accept ObamaCare’s Medicaid expansion for New Jersey

posted at 2:41 pm on February 26, 2013 by Allahpundit

Alternate headline: “CPAC was right.”

I’ve joked before about him teaming up with Bloomberg on some kind of billionaire-bankrolled No Labels third-party effort. The joke’s less funny every day.

Gov. Chris Christie will expand the state’s Medicaid program to cover 300,000 uninsured New Jersey residents, The Star-Ledger learned today.

The governor’s new budget, which he plans to unveil at joint session of the Legislature this afternoon, also relies on state revenue growth of 4.9 percent and delays some property tax rebates for local taxpayers, according to three sources with knowledge of the budget plan who spoke on the condition of anonymity…

[T]he Republican governor, a critic of President Obama’s Affordable Care Act, could reap up to $300 million by expanding the state program in the coming budget year…

The revised Medicaid program would shift 100 percent of the costs to the federal government for these new enrollees for the first three years, then gradually taper it to 90 percent. The state could expect $1.7 billion a year to cover the costs.

Via the Weekly Standard’s Stephen Hayes, here’s what Christie had to say about Medicaid in 2011, when he was still a few years away from facing re-election in his highly Democratic home state:

And let me tell you what the truth is. What’s the truth that no one is talking about-here is the truth that no one is talking about: you’re going to have to raise the retirement age for social security. Oh I just said it and I’m still standing here! I did not vaporize into the carpeting and I said it! We have to reform Medicare because it costs too much and it is going to bankrupt us. Once again lightning did not come through the windows and strike me dead. And we have to fix Medicaid because it’s not only bankrupting the federal government, it’s bankrupting every state government. There you go. If we’re not honest about these things, on the state level about pensions and benefits and on the federal level about social security, Medicare, and Medicaid, we are on the path to ruin.

And via Red State’s Dan McLaughlin, here he was last year on Medicaid and ObamaCare:

Responding to a question, Christie said, “First of all, I was glad that the Supreme Court ruled that extortion is still illegal in America — and that’s a relief because Obamacare on Medicaid to the states was extortion.”

“It essentially said, ‘You expand your program to where we tell you, and if you don’t, we’re taking the rest of your money away.’ Well, that’s extortion,” Christie said.

The Affordable Care Act originally called for states to lose federal funding for Medicaid if they refused to expand the program.

Christie claimed that New Jersey has the second most expensive Medicaid program in the country, and questioned how much more the state’s program could be expanded.

Evidently he’s done questioning it. His speech to the state about his budget plans is set for 3 p.m. ET; Christie fans on Twitter are watching and waiting to see if he pairs his big Medicaid announcement with plans for reform. In rejecting a similar expansion of Medicaid for Wisconsin, Scott Walker announced that instead he would re-open the state low-income health-care program to new enrollees (it had previously been capped) while lowering the income ceiling on eligibility for the program. Result: More desperately poor people get Medicaid while those a bit above the poverty line move to the federal health-care exchanges for subsidized coverage. Unlike Walker, Christie’s going to take the money, but he’ll have to say something reform-minded to preserve what little fiscal-conservative credibility he has left. NRO’s Robert Costa says that’s the plan:

Assuming that’s true, it’ll cement Christie’s identity as the foremost member of the Brooksian “big government isn’t the problem, it just needs to work better” school of conservatism. While we wait, via Mediaite, here’s Joe Scarborough being very Joe Scarborough-ish about Christie’s CPAC snub. Exit quotation from ACU board member Morton Blackwell: “He is a Republican, but I don’t think he would accurately be described as a conservative.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

If your national profile has gone down in flames then why not nuke the wreckage?

alchemist19 on February 26, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Krispie!

can_con on February 26, 2013 at 2:45 PM

Is this a surprise? Christie wants to be Obama – actually 2 or 3 of him.

VorDaj on February 26, 2013 at 2:46 PM

As always. Chris Creosote.

Bmore on February 26, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Stunner!

annoyinglittletwerp on February 26, 2013 at 2:47 PM

I assume the majority of NJ residents are on board with this.ost of them Dems.

I’d like to see what percentage of those who voted for him support this. And how many of them are independents or Rs. That would be an interesting poll.

farsighted on February 26, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Didn’t Christie just have dinner with Dear Leader and the Mrs…?

Seven Percent Solution on February 26, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Well, that certainly was unexpected.

/s

hawkeye54 on February 26, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Nom nom nom, fat man.

RovesChins on February 26, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Gov. Zeppelin might as well go ahead and change parties.

kingsjester on February 26, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Daemonocracy on February 26, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Crap like this explains why Christie should never be invited to speak at CPAC.

This last election of Obama is going to reap a whirlwind of change in this country. I sense a tidal wave direction toward leftist thought and policies by those who would rather throw in the towel than fight against this steamroller government.

KickandSwimMom on February 26, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Thar she blows!!!

bw222 on February 26, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Is there anybody who can explain exactly what makes Christie a Republican rather than a Democrat? How is he right of center?

I mean, even the northeastern RINOs are with us some of the time. Scott Brown was a block thrown in that kept Pelosi from making Obamacare even worse. Even Susan Collins was a consistent vote against Obamacare.

Paul LePage has managed to govern a northeastern state on conservative principles and doesn’t go around talking about what a total bro Abortion Andy Cuomo is.

So, really… In what way is Christie more of a Republican than Michael Bloomberg or Link Chaffee? Is it only because he’s still three years away from realizing he won’t win the Presidential primary and formally ditching the R next to his name?

Gingotts on February 26, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Second helpings.

portlandon on February 26, 2013 at 2:50 PM

I am shocked. Shocked I say! /

OT: You didn’t build that Redux

nobar on February 26, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Christie is barely even a RINO. He can just run against Hillary in the Dem primary.

sauldalinsky on February 26, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Daemonocracy on February 26, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Remember all the RINOs who said Roberts was making a smart move and conservatives were just too ignorant to understand?

bw222 on February 26, 2013 at 2:51 PM

I bet Rick Scott is still speaking at CPAC, though.

KingGold on February 26, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Daemonocracy on February 26, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Ugh. Him. Paul von Hindenburg worked harder to prevent a nation from falling to tyranny.

Gingotts on February 26, 2013 at 2:51 PM

You can say that about most republicans these days. I’ve been having a good time laughing at people who point to Christie’s 70% approval rating to show republicans should nominate him, they seem to have forgotten Palin had a 70% approval rating too before the media got hold of her and if Christie dares to run against a democrat in 2016 the media will devour him too, approval rates mean nothing.

clearbluesky on February 26, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Impossible. I guarantee you Krispy drinks sugary soda and eats salt.

RovesChins on February 26, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Well please someone link to Ann Coulter, now….I’m sure she will be able to explain to you mouf-breath’n TruCons, why this is necessary and makes Christie even MORE electable, and therefore INEVITABLE in 2016. You people don’t see the big picture, is all I’m say’n….

JFKY on February 26, 2013 at 2:53 PM

The Great RINO Stampede to the Lootery Trough!!
(snark)

canopfor on February 26, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Whatever, the citizens of nj can keep christie. He has no business at all of thinking of running as a r in 2016! He is in NO way a r!

I have been since day one a can’t stand that man.
L

letget on February 26, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Speaking of the largest East Coast insane asylum:

NJ teachers union wants more gun-free zones
“It creates weapon-free zones around schools, day care centers and other public places,” he said in a statement. “That sends a strong message that children must be shielded from the threat of gun violence, and gives law enforcement the ability to better protect them.”

Larry Pratt, executive director of Gun Owners of America, gave a talk Monday arguing the zones actually endanger kids.

“We now have good reason to think that many of these mass murders occurred because they were in so-called ‘gun-free zones,’”

Colbyjack on February 26, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Christie…the next Charlie Crist…

PatriotRider on February 26, 2013 at 2:55 PM

kingsjester on February 26, 2013 at 2:48 PM

“Oh the humanity ! ”
Another one bites the dust ! Wonder what Moochelle
put in drink ?

Lucano on February 26, 2013 at 2:56 PM

I bet Rick Scott is still speaking at CPAC, though.

KingGold on February 26, 2013 at 2:51 PM

Krispy Kreme agrees with democrat Andrew Cuomo 98% of the time.
Can you say the same about Rick Scott?
I’ll wait.

RovesChins on February 26, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Impossible. I guarantee you Krispy drinks sugary soda and eats salt.

Bloomie eats lotsa salt, puts extra salt on his crackers, but it’s DIFFERENT for him….you aren’t paying his medical bills…OH OK, you are as he’s an employee, but it’s different for him, trust me…

So if he and Gozer the Destructor want to nosh on trans-fat-laden donuts, it’ll all be Ok.

JFKY on February 26, 2013 at 2:57 PM

With few exceptions – be they “D” or be they “R” – they are nothing but political pigs in perpetuity, whose aim is to lord over us, and take everything out of our wallets/purses.

OhEssYouCowboys on February 26, 2013 at 2:57 PM

See, if you had arm wrestled your cat (and cheated like I told you to) for the key’s to the beer fridge when I told you to, you would be laughing your a$$ off right now, albeit while trying not to fall out of your chair while trying to read and write with one eye closed cause you are even more snookered than your cat… But at least this would still be funny… ;p

SWalker on February 26, 2013 at 2:58 PM

The Great RINO Stampede to the Lootery Trough!!
(snark)

canopfor on February 26, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Excellent.

OhEssYouCowboys on February 26, 2013 at 2:59 PM

I assume the majority of NJ residents are on board with this.ost of them Dems.

farsighted on February 26, 2013 at 2:48 PM

NJ resident, voted for Christie.
I do NOT SUPPORT this.
I did not support his garbage Sandy Relief histrionics.
I did not support his ridiculously insane Obama hugathon.

smfic on February 26, 2013 at 3:00 PM

This particular New Jersey citizen was invited to meet Gov. Chris Christie tomorrow morning. I have a feeling that the governor won’t like what he hears from me. Wish me luck if he stomps on me…

Archivarix on February 26, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Joisey can’t do anything right when it comes to finances, insurance, and the money involved with insurance.

In the 70s, the state set up a pool for drivers who couldn’t get insurance, and for those in accidents with uninsured motorists. It was funded by surcharges put on policies of those who were at fault in an accident. But soon many companies dumped their customers, forcing them into the state-run pool. Rates overall went up, especially those trapped in the pool. When first presented, authors of the idea said that pool would be solvent with no problems.

Te plan went broke in three years and had to be scrapped.

The residents of Joisey are going to be in for a shock when Ocare fully kicks in. I hope they have to change the nickname from the Garden State to “This wasn’t supposed to happen to me!”

Liam on February 26, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Christie…the next Charlie Crist…

PatriotRider on February 26, 2013 at 2:55 PM

As long as Christ is not my next Governor !

Lucano on February 26, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Impossible. I guarantee you Krispy drinks sugary soda and eats salt.

JFKY on February 26, 2013 at 2:57 PM

I’m betting if Bloomie was to bring back Gozer the Destroyer, it wouldn’t be the Stay Puffed Marshmallow Man. It would be Napoleon.

RovesChins on February 26, 2013 at 3:02 PM

JFKY on February 26, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Actually rather than “Gozer the Destructor” I believe Bloomingidiot is just following Obama the Great Destroyer‘s example of dancing in the ruins of his own making while smoking Kool’s Marlboro Reds (obviously his white half is trying to kill his black half).

SWalker on February 26, 2013 at 3:03 PM

it wouldn’t be the Stay Puffed Marshmallow Man. It would be Napoleon.

Probably Napolean, he’s shorter than Bloomberg.

JFKY on February 26, 2013 at 3:04 PM

He really thinks the feds are going to pay 100% the first 3 years?

Puhleeze

Gov Brewer thinks so…dang it

cmsinaz on February 26, 2013 at 3:04 PM

Speaking of Palin… Sarah 2016!!!

imperfectamerica on February 26, 2013 at 3:04 PM

I’m really tired of this ‘Republican but’ cr@p. The party labels labels don’t mean squat and politicians are either for spending more than we have or spending only what we have, they are either the Federal government must solve every problem or only what they Constitutionally authorized to.

Obviously Christie is in the former camps for both of those and is, therefore part of the problem not part of the solution.

Dusty on February 26, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Would Hannity PLEASE get Mr. Coulter on his show to explain why this is no big deal? Hey Ann……..

JohnnyMojo on February 26, 2013 at 3:05 PM

With an oink and a snort, and a Hidey-Hidey-Ho …

Pork-Chop on February 26, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Christie…the next Charlie Crist…

PatriotRider on February 26, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Christie is going to need a much bigger tanning booth.

ouldbollix on February 26, 2013 at 3:07 PM

I’d sooner let Obama have an illegal third term than vote for Christie. If he runs and somehow wins the nomination in 2016, the GOP is dead to me.

DRayRaven on February 26, 2013 at 3:08 PM

JohnnyMojo on February 26, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Along with best bud [and one-time boyfriend?] … Bill Maher.

OhEssYouCowboys on February 26, 2013 at 3:08 PM

50 years from now the history books will not have recorded anything about this day because the leftists are in complete control. It is shall it will be.

redguy on February 26, 2013 at 3:08 PM

Speaking of Palin… Sarah 2016!!!

[imperfectamerica on February 26, 2013 at 3:04 PM]

I’m looking at Susana Martinez and she’s looking better all the time.

Dusty on February 26, 2013 at 3:09 PM

JFKY on February 26, 2013 at 2:53 PM

In defense of Coulter(a phrase I seldom use), CRISTie was nowhere near THIS bad a year ago. He certainly gave conservatives pause regarding issues like guns, radical Islam, and climate change, but he seemed like a genuine fiscal conservative. Even after the Sandy debacle, I felt like we could still say that much about the guy. But now? Exactly why is he in the Republican Party? His pro-life stance?

Doughboy on February 26, 2013 at 3:09 PM

farsighted on February 26, 2013 at 2:48 PM

I think Krispy will have to run for something besides a second term as guv. He’s going to have a hard time with the electorate as an R.

belad on February 26, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Kinda like all the opposing generals are crossing over before they are defeated…..

The lieutenants are going to have to frag the top brass if we are going to win this war.

redguy on February 26, 2013 at 3:10 PM

As long as Christ is not my next Governor !

Lucano on February 26, 2013 at 3:01 PM

On the contrary, I can’t wait for the day that He’s sorting all this.

Gingotts on February 26, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Archivarix on February 26, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Meh. He’d probably just call you “dumbass” or something and everybody could drool on themselves about how wonderfully blunt and forceful we can be.

I’d like to think that our side at least got over that schtick sometime last year.

Gingotts on February 26, 2013 at 3:14 PM

“Christie is worthless, but the real villain here is John Roberts. Really despise that scum.

Daemonocracy on February 26, 2013 at 2:48 PM”

Oh so correct. Since he’s turned to the dark side watch for more liberal rulings.

mike3121 on February 26, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Let me show you my shocked face…

Seriously, the GOP’s being splintered is just killing us. When Nancy Pelosi was Speaker, she, and other party leaders, got the Dems in lockstep. Many of them even shot their own careers in order to vote the way Nan whipped them to. All of these big R’s (pun intended) going left is KILLING us. And Rove’s answer is to go more left? We have a template of success to follow, granted it came from Pelosi, but it’s worked for them. It worked for us in 2012. We need to shore up the squishy moderates around a rallied conservative base. Get on board or get out of the party. Then, we’ll start winning elections again.

Jackalope on February 26, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Of course he’s going to do that. The man is a leftist. And obsessed with leftist climate change. Why do we all see that agw (climate change) is leftist driven bull, but not Christie? Look at perhaps the main promoter of agw, Michael Mann. A Berkeley grad and activist that can be seen hobnobbing with leftist Democrats all the time in his promotion of climate change. His hockey stick was a fabrication, consistent with the needs of a leftist ideology that wants to tone down the human footprint (de-industrialize). Some quotes:
“A massive campaign must be launched to de-develop the United States… [we] must design a stable, low-consumption economy in which there is a much more equitable distribution of wealth.” -John Holdren, Obama’s Science Czar
“We’ve got to ride the global warming issue. Even if the theory of global warming is wrong, we will be doing the right thing …” -leftist Senator Tim Wirth, 1993
“We have to offer up scary scenarios… each of us has to decide the right balance between being effective [lying] and being honest [ineffective].” -Stephen Schneider, lead ipcc author, 1989
“It doesn’t matter what is true, it only matters what people believe is true.” -Paul Watson, Greenpeace
“The only way to get our society to truly change is to frighten people with the possibility of a catastrophe.” -Daniel Botkin, ex Chair of Enironmental Studies, UCSB

anotherJoe on February 26, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Liberal

Philly on February 26, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Is this a surprise? Christie wants to be Obama – actually 2 or 3 of him.

VorDaj on February 26, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Come on, get in my belly! – Fat Bastard

I think this is shaping up (no pun) to be the edges against the center of the Country.

rgranger on February 26, 2013 at 3:18 PM

JohnnyMojo on February 26, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Can we please not insult Ann Coulter by calling her a man. There’s plenty of legit material to use against her, so no need to be a jerk.

Jackalope on February 26, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Why am I not surprised?

fight like a girl on February 26, 2013 at 3:19 PM

SoCon/TruCon I toldya so….look sqhishiness is of a piece….everyone keeps thinking/hoping that there is this thing called a social liberal/environmentally concerned/Fiscal Conservative….

News Flash: they don’t exist. They are like ice cream on the pavement, pretty soon they just melt away, leaving behind a puddle of goo, and spoilt hopes.

You can only hold the line on spending IF you understand that every Liberal cause de jour is ultimately going to cost you money….and the only way to hold down spending, ultimately, is to reject those causes du jour, rather than accepting them, but trying to be more competent or efficient.

So Climate Squishes and Gun Control Squishes…generally turn out to be squishes, in pretty much all areas….because the money is the symptom of the problem, not the problem itself.

JFKY on February 26, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Jackalope on February 26, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Unless I missed some sarcasm…
I read it as Chris Christie is “Mr. Coulter”.

freedomfirst on February 26, 2013 at 3:23 PM

Gingotts on February 26, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Please explain unless you troll .
And if you do … GET OUT FROM
UNDER MY BRIDGE !
Or , did I miss something ?

Lucano on February 26, 2013 at 3:24 PM

Unless I missed some sarcasm…
I read it as Chris Christie is “Mr. Coulter”.

freedomfirst on February 26, 2013 at 3:23 PM

OK I see that now. I stand corrected. Just sensitive to bullying. I think it’s mean and it really detracts from what may be valid points/arguments.

Jackalope on February 26, 2013 at 3:27 PM

He’s doing for his state and his people. Meh.

mythicknight on February 26, 2013 at 3:28 PM

Alternate headline: “CPAC was right.”

From that link on Christie not being featured at CPAC:

— he’s unwelcome at the preeminent gathering of American conservatives. CPAC’s unwittingly helping him burnish his brand as the country’s most formidable centrist Republican

Cannot assume CPAC is ‘unwittingly’ helping Christie. Maybe it is just staging Christie. CPAC is liberal enough spotlight the Jeb. It was also used before to stage the Club push for gay marriage (see Coulter/Norquist). Not that brainiacs are running the CPAC show, but they have been trying to change the conversation for a while.

I pretty much do not look for leadership at CPAC, I just check to see what they are up to

Christie did not suddenly ‘turn’ into a BLoomberg. He was already there, when he was used as the opening blohard at the Romney convention. However, a lot of press had been planted about Christie being, perhaps, the kind of hard talking, no schtick conservative the base was crying for. A lot of copy on Christie was presented, and it worked until he got to write his own scripts

Assuming there is a conservative remnant at CPAC, Christie does deserve scorn for tipping the undecideds, who had voted Obama for the first term, back into the Obama camp with the hurricane stunt. It was very effective, and looks like Christie still has his hand out for the milkbone biscuits he earned

entagor on February 26, 2013 at 3:30 PM

I predicted this how many times?

Has Corbett caved yet? Don’t worry, he will.

Mr. Arkadin on February 26, 2013 at 3:30 PM

Nom nom nom, fat man.

RovesChins on February 26, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Speaking of which, today is the 85th birthday of Antoine Dominique Domino from New Orleans.

Better known as “The Fat Man”

Del Dolemonte on February 26, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Christie…the next Charlie Crist…

PatriotRider on February 26, 2013 at 2:55 PM

All Christie needs to do is dye his hair, color his skin orange and drop 500 pounds.

bw222 on February 26, 2013 at 3:32 PM

JFKY on February 26, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Great posting! Always, always follow the money.

Amjean on February 26, 2013 at 3:33 PM

THIS is what is wrong with the formally grand Grand Old Party. There are way too many democrat light politicians who call themselves Republicans.

fight like a girl on February 26, 2013 at 3:34 PM

He’s doing for his state and his people. Meh.

mythicknight on February 26, 2013 at 3:28 PM

1) It ain’t gonna help his state, the Fed’s pick up the tab for 3 years, AND THEN WHAT? Look at education, the Fed’s call the tune and drive costs, and hence, taxation, via their mandates, because you are taking thier money…inside 5 years, Cristie, will be saying “Well that was a miscalculation…” or “We never anticipated that.”

2) He, supposedly, had national ambitions, according Coulter, well this sinks those…..so it wasn’t just aobut his state and people.

JFKY on February 26, 2013 at 3:34 PM

When will The Jersey Shore be syndicated on MSNBC and CNN, as witty, political satire?

OhEssYouCowboys on February 26, 2013 at 3:34 PM

RINO. Will never get my vote, thats for sure if he does anything outside of NJ.

TX-96 on February 26, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Please explain unless you troll .
And if you do … GET OUT FROM
UNDER MY BRIDGE !
Or , did I miss something ?

Lucano on February 26, 2013 at 3:24 PM

If I’m trolling, it’s only a little, over the typo.

You meant Crist, Charlie.

I was referring to Christ, Jesus.

Gingotts on February 26, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Does Christie squeal like a pig, when grabbing for a teat on the national sow?

MNHawk on February 26, 2013 at 3:36 PM

Alternate headline: “CPAC was right.”

From that link on Christie not being featured at CPAC:

entagor on February 26, 2013 at 3:37 PM

I guess he’s decided he’s rather be governor than president.

petefrt on February 26, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Everybody Loves Donuts

Kensington on February 26, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Gingotts on February 26, 2013 at 3:35 PM

Sorry , guess I’m a little on edge concerning Crist .
Good catch and actually made me laugh !

Lucano on February 26, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Scarborough no calling CPAC an echo chamber for hate and anger. They are trying to Alinsky conservatives into irrelevance, and having moderate success so far. We really need to get our act together. Christi and his ilk can go jump in a lake.

Jackalope on February 26, 2013 at 3:44 PM

… but he’ll have to say something reform-minded to preserve what little fiscal-conservative credibility he has left.

He’s a GOP Establishment Ayatollah Golden Boy – precisely the kind of guy they want to pick in 2016. He doesn’t have to do anything. Let’s remember here – the last GOP Establishment Ayatollah Golden Boy (Willard) was the only other person in this entire nation, besides Obama, with a Socialist Healthcare System named after him.

Accepting Obama’s extortion? That doesn’t disqualify him with establishment – it SANCTIFIES him.

HondaV65 on February 26, 2013 at 3:48 PM

Fat, stupid, liberal douchebag.

Jaibones on February 26, 2013 at 3:50 PM

Jackalope on February 26, 2013 at 3:44 PM

Are you from the Jackalopes FC of PF?

Jaibones on February 26, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Levin, was right about Christie all along.

diogenes on February 26, 2013 at 3:52 PM

I guess he’s decided he’s rather be governor than president.

petefrt on February 26, 2013 at 3:43 PM

He will run in 2016 as a Democrat, and Obama will support him. That is what this is all about.

Mr. Arkadin on February 26, 2013 at 3:53 PM

All the polls had Romney surging UNTIL Sandy and Christie’s slobbering lovefest with Obama. Christie can scream at a teacher’s union rep but when confronted by a real disaster, instead of growing a pair and leading, he sacrificed the country’s interests for his own and groveled. Governor of NJ? Hey, it’s NJ. President of a country he helped to destroy? No thanks. As I said before, Christy will be a democrat by 2016.

fight like a girl on February 26, 2013 at 3:54 PM

Mr. Arkadin on February 26, 2013 at 3:53 PM
You could smell it coming.

diogenes on February 26, 2013 at 3:55 PM

Christie…the next Charlie Crist…

PatriotRider on February 26, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Worse because the RW made this con-man into a some “tough guy” hero .Rmember when he put some middle school teachers into their place.It’s a cheap and cowardly trick because he is a trained lawyer and the teachers didn’t have a mic. But, oh, the reality tv loving cons went wild. The stupid party FER SURE. When he flips to DEM it will be a lot more damaging to conservatives then when crist and Spector did it.

Christie is a conservative hero, right? Christie is now the Dems Ace in pocket. Next time, if there is one, less whining about SP and TruCons and more vetting the establishment next_in_lines! No more one trick candidates.

BoxHead1 on February 26, 2013 at 3:58 PM

How could he pass up that deal?

Sure it’s a lifetime contract with no way out; but SOMEONE ELSE WILL PAY FOR… the first year or so.

Clearly it’s a good deal… I wonder if he’d care to sign up for my new introductory phone service. Free for the first 5 years, $1,000 a month after that period; and a $100,000 cancellation fee.

I suspect he’d go for it.

gekkobear on February 26, 2013 at 3:59 PM

Mr. Arkadin on February 26, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Hillary has something to say about that. I think that the Clintons will blackmail Barry into supporting their unending quest for power.

Illinidiva on February 26, 2013 at 4:00 PM

I had heard the rumors that he wasn’t a conserative but withheld judgement. What proved to me he was a fraud was when NJ was trying to get that new tunnel to NY.

Christie killed it not because it was a Government/Union boondoogle, he killed it because he didn’t get enough Federal slop to cover the initial costs.

If he had gotten just a little more Dept. of Transportation money, he would have been all aboard on this money hole.

WisRich on February 26, 2013 at 4:03 PM

JFKY on February 26, 2013 at 2:53 PM

She was never right. Never in her life. Give me one example.

antisocial on February 26, 2013 at 4:04 PM

BoxHead1 on February 26, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Your screed is illogical..”establishment Next-in-line” conflicts with “…tv loving cons.”

So which one was taken in by Cristie, Cons or establishment types?

Personally, I recall a goodly number of people talking aobut Cristie’s patent inability to win outsdide of the NE, on the basis of his social issues and gun control.

Sorry to *pop* your bubble ….amigo.

JFKY on February 26, 2013 at 4:04 PM

He’s a jerk, that’s what I’ve been saying. He’s a pompous, arrogant jerk with democidal tendencies.

scalleywag on February 26, 2013 at 4:09 PM

BoxHead1 on February 26, 2013 at 3:58 PM

JFKY on February 26, 2013 at 4:04 PM

A small contradiction, good buddy. Establishment next_in_line should be next_in_line. Christie isn’t establishment at this point.

I’m not directing the “screed” to those who were never fans of CC.

Sorry to *pop* your bubble ….amigo.

wha..?

BoxHead1 on February 26, 2013 at 4:11 PM

I guess he’s decided he’s rather be governor schmoozing with Springsteen, than president.
petefrt on February 26, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Alternate verse.

What a loser.

can_con on February 26, 2013 at 4:13 PM

She was never right. Never in her life. Give me one example.

antisocial on February 26, 2013 at 4:04 PM

I try to limit my interactions with the sarcasm-challenged….but I believe she predicted mcCain would lose and lose badly….

JFKY on February 26, 2013 at 4:14 PM