Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on February 26, 2013 by Allahpundit

[Obama] will divide, isolate and defeat Republicans using all the powers of his office and all his skills as a political campaigner. As Americans grow frustrated with the cuts, Republicans will reject their party’s no-tax mantra and demand that Congress end the standoff, even if it means raising some new revenue – just the way Obama is demanding.

Obama’s trying to speed this result, by releasing state by state details of the pain and suffering the sequester will cause, all meant to get Republicans to cave. And he’s got the biggest megaphone, hammering this message over and over in a way the divided Republican party cannot.

Except that message could cut both ways.

What if the public agrees that yes, there is a lot of pain and suffering – and turns to Obama wondering, why didn’t you do more to prevent it?

***

As the governors spoke, there was a real question of how much flexibility the president has to shape the cuts that are contained in the sequestration measure, which he proposed and signed into law with bipartisan support in 2011. Does Obama have the authority to move money around so government consultants would take more of a hit than Head Start?

Jindal believes so. “Everybody has known that this was coming,” he said. “When did [Obama] go to his Cabinet heads and say, ‘If you had to make these reductions, what would be the least painful way to do it?’ ”

There’s no indication Obama has done anything to make the cuts easier on the public. To the contrary, it is in his political interest to make the cuts as painful as possible and then blame them on Republicans.

***

There’s no question the belt-tightening will mean real pain for some workers and families. But is a 9-10 percent reduction in the military coffers, after a decade-long spending spree, really going to “hollow out” our force, making us a “second-rate power”?…

Some Republican critics of the administration – and staunch defenders of the military – say the impact on defense programs is overblown. “The reality is that this is just part of political theater, part of the campaign,” Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal told ABC’s Jonathan Karl of President Obama. “He’s trying to scare the American people. He’s trying to distort the impact.”

To say, “‘well…we’re going to be hollowing out our military’… If that were really the case, the president should take my suggestion of postponing new spending programs,” Jindal said.

***

Since the day they were swept to power more than two years ago, the tea party’s legions in Washington have made dramatic federal spending cuts the centerpiece of an economic message that has dominated the national debate.

Now they’re about to get what they want.

Deep reductions in domestic and defense spending are set to begin Friday in a process known as sequestration, which will make progress toward the tea party’s goal of shrinking the government. What unfolds over the following months will be a high-stakes test of whether significant cuts in spending will help or hurt the economy — and the Republican Party’s brand…

Although Democratic and Republican leaders are pointing fingers, the tea party and its allies are happily accepting credit for the cuts.

***

We live in a period when politicians tend to see the world in a binary fashion; everything is either a one or a zero, and there is a clear winner and a clear loser in every situation. But with the sequester, at least after the first few days, it’s possible that both sides could lose, that people won’t distinguish between Democrats or Republicans but will instead excoriate “those politicians in Washington” as a whole…

But even districts and states that are normally neither competitive nor potentially competitive can get that way in the face of public anguish and rage. During these times, anger against Washington reaches a certain point and creates an environment in which an unusually large (relatively speaking) number of incumbents either lose or have surprisingly close primary contests. For those looking at running for the Senate, a governor’s mansion, or the White House, being tagged as a candidate running from Congress is no prize either. In short, this kind of debacle hurts all incumbents, regardless of whether they wear red or blue jerseys.

***

It is perhaps more likely that the fate of the sequester cuts—for which most Republicans and Democrats have expressed disdain—may be tied to the upcoming fight over increasing the nation’s ability to continue borrowing, and perhaps a larger “grand bargain” to address the nation’s debt. A measure approved in January put off a debt-ceiling decision until May 19, and some Republicans have said they are willing to consider allowing the nation to default unless deeper budget cuts are enacted. The Treasury will be able to keep meeting the nation’s spending obligations through at least the end of July, analysts say.

Against this backdrop, both parties will be gauging the public reaction to the sequester cuts set to begin on Friday. Groups on all sides of the debate plan to highlight the effects of the cuts once they are officially in place, in an effort to sway public opinion. Obama and Democrats may be evaluating the reaction with an eye on whether a significant public outcry might work to their benefit as they press to replace some cuts with revenue from sources such as levying higher taxes on millionaires, reducing farm subsidies, and closing tax loopholes for oil and gas companies.

If the sequester is met with a shrug, Republicans could use a lack of significant public anger to press Obama and Democrats for still more concessions on the spending they see as a driver of the federal debt. Whichever way it goes, the sequester is set to start soon, and the public’s reaction to the cuts will likely set the stage for what lies ahead.

***

“Now, lately, some people have been saying, well, maybe we’ll just give the President some flexibility,” Obama said today during his rally in Newport News. “He could make the cuts the way he wants and that way it won’t be as damaging. The problem is when you’re cutting $85 billion in seven months, which represents over a 10-percent cut in the defense budget in seven months, there’s no smart way to do that. There’s no smart way to do that. You don’t want to have to choose between, let’s see, do I close funding for the disabled kid, or the poor kid? Do I close this Navy shipyard or some other one? When you’re doing things in a way that’s not smart, you can’t gloss over the pain and the impact it’s going to have on the economy.”…

What’s more remarkable, that Obama thinks a tax increase counts as a spending cut, or that he admits openly that he doesn’t want to make difficult choices about how to cut spending?

“He is a world-class bulls*** artist,” a Senate aide said in response to Obama’s speech today.

***

***

Via NRO.

***

Via the Daily Rushbo.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Scrumpy on February 27, 2013 at 1:19 AM

I agree. I’m going to use my forehead for ad space. Make a few cents every day just walking around. Maybe our Hot Air balloon ride business would improved.

If I shave my back hair I could put a bigger ad back there.

SparkPlug on February 27, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Heh Brayam wouldn’t understand baseline budgeting if it bit her in the arse. Deficit reduction? We’re still overspending dimwit.

Now recycle some more. You’re hilarious.

CW on February 27, 2013 at 1:22 AM

It’s sad that you continue to focus on a red herring, when no one on Wall Street seriously questions the significant rate of deficit reduction as a percentage of GDP. IBD is a conservative news source. But clearly you don’t read much financial press.

bayam on February 27, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Keep digging fool, just a couple more shove loads and a damned pissed off China-man is going to whack you over the head for disturbing his vegetable garden.

SWalker on February 27, 2013 at 1:23 AM

Ok, if they catch on fire I won’t spray them with my fire hose. I’ll say I was on a lunch break or something.

SparkPlug on February 27, 2013 at 1:18 AM

Why the pebble is so well deserve good one :)

Schadenfreude on February 27, 2013 at 1:23 AM

SparkPlug on February 27, 2013 at 1:19 AM

LOL! :)

thatsafactjack on February 27, 2013 at 1:23 AM

When does the party start?
I have Spam and ammo. Anyone have a pitchfork and torch?

AllahsNippleHair on February 27, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Scrumpy has a broom. I’ll bring the guacamole and rock lobster oven mitt.

SparkPlug on February 27, 2013 at 1:24 AM

When does the party start?
I have Spam and ammo. Anyone have a pitchfork and torch?

AllahsNippleHair on February 27, 2013 at 1:21 AM

I have 50 feet of prime Stout hemp rope…

SWalker on February 27, 2013 at 1:24 AM

0 is pulling out all of the Chicago-politics stops with this one. Releasing criminals into our towns and neighborhoods even though Boarder Patrol has more money than it did last year. What a POS. This is impeachable, IMHO, releasing criminals into our midst in order to make political gain.

Jackalope on February 26, 2013 at 10:51 PM

They will just blame it on Bush like they did with “Fast and Furious”.

rottenrobbie on February 27, 2013 at 1:24 AM

. But clearly you don’t read much financial press.

bayam on February 27, 2013 at 1:19 AM

More recycling…seriously have you ever had an original thought? Ever???

CW on February 27, 2013 at 1:25 AM

I’m gonna sequester the crap out of all of you.

Rusty Allen on February 27, 2013 at 1:25 AM

You Belong To The City – Glen Frey

thatsafactjack on February 27, 2013 at 1:26 AM

I have 50 feet of prime Stout hemp rope…

SWalker on February 27, 2013 at 1:24 AM

Hey get back in that cell until Dire coughs up one million.

That’s a 1 with 7 zeros for you people who can’t count.

SparkPlug on February 27, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Tigger is glaring at me with his breen eyes…

I think it’s time to retire!

He is such a bossy cat!

God Bless you my dear friends!

Good night! Sleep well!

*Swoosh*

Scrumpy on February 27, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Bishop has been missing, or I didn’t see him on the threads.

Schadenfreude on February 27, 2013 at 1:26 AM

SparkPlug on February 27, 2013 at 1:24 AM

Don’t say oven mitt. Bluegill will say something.

Rusty Allen on February 27, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Scrumpy on February 27, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Goodnight, Spritely One. Sleep well. :)

thatsafactjack on February 27, 2013 at 1:26 AM

breen = Green!

*swoosh*

Scrumpy on February 27, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Schadenfreude on February 27, 2013 at 1:26 AM

I hope he’s well.

thatsafactjack on February 27, 2013 at 1:27 AM

remember uriah

stealin’ from the poor folks

this admin will henseforth be known as hobin rood.

Fred

jrsrigmvr on February 27, 2013 at 1:28 AM

I have 50 feet of prime Stout hemp rope…

SWalker on February 27, 2013 at 1:24 AM

Hey get back in that cell until Dire coughs up one million.

That’s a 1 with 7 zeros for you people who can’t count.

SparkPlug on February 27, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Grumble grumble grumble… could have sworn their were only 6 zero’s in a million…

SWalker on February 27, 2013 at 1:28 AM

Crap, Scrumpy left.

Rusty Allen on February 27, 2013 at 1:29 AM

That’s a 1 with 7 zeros for you people who can’t count.

SparkPlug on February 27, 2013 at 1:26 AM

SWalker on February 27, 2013 at 1:28 AM

Must be the new Obama math… o_O

SWalker on February 27, 2013 at 1:29 AM

When does the party start?
I have Spam and ammo. Anyone have a pitchfork and torch?

AllahsNippleHair on February 27, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Scrumpy has a broom. I’ll bring the guacamole and rock lobster oven mitt.

SparkPlug on February 27, 2013 at 1:24 AM

When does the party start?
I have Spam and ammo. Anyone have a pitchfork and torch?

AllahsNippleHair on February 27, 2013 at 1:21 AM

I have 50 feet of prime Stout hemp rope…

SWalker on February 27, 2013 at 1:24 AM

I can bring whiskey and burritos.
I’m ready to light this candle. Or maybe it’s the beans talking.
They’re releasing illegals and crying the sky is falling.

AllahsNippleHair on February 27, 2013 at 1:31 AM

As The Years Go Passing By – Moore

I bid you all a fond goodnight. It’s been a pleasure, as always. See you soon.

thatsafactjack on February 27, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Bishop has been missing, or I didn’t see him on the threads.

Schadenfreude on February 27, 2013 at 1:26 AM

He’s stuffing his bunker with fried pies and Scope.

AllahsNippleHair on February 27, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Schadenfreude on February 27, 2013 at 1:33 AM

I’m still gonna sequester all of you.

Rusty Allen on February 27, 2013 at 1:33 AM

I’m still gonna sequester all of you.

Rusty Allen on February 27, 2013 at 1:33 AM

Is it something good or bad?

Schadenfreude on February 27, 2013 at 1:34 AM

SWalker on February 27, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Ok Throw Me a Frickin’ Bone Here.

I’ve been frozen for 30 years.

SparkPlug on February 27, 2013 at 1:34 AM

One Million Dollars

SparkPlug on February 27, 2013 at 1:35 AM

nite scrump, jackie and all.

have to catch up on tonite’s playlist.

adios: vaya con dios

Fred

jrsrigmvr on February 27, 2013 at 1:35 AM

I decided to use three sets of calculations for each president: first, the deficit-to-GDP ratio from the fiscal year he took office to the fiscal year he left minus one (thus, for Reagan: 1981-88); second, from his first fiscal year plus one to the fiscal year he left (thus, 1982-89); and third, an average of the first two

Here are the ratios of deficit to GDP for the past five presidents:

Ronald Reagan

Barack Obama
2009-12* 9.1
2010-12 8.7
Average 8.9
*fiscal 2012 ends Sept. 30, 2012, so this figure is estimated

Source: Economic Report of the President, February 2012

The results for President Bush are skewed by the 10.1 percent deficit/GDP ratio in fiscal 2009. A large chunk of spending in that year went to the Troubled Asset Relief Program, or TARP. In fiscal 2009, TARP contributed $151 billion to the budget deficit, but in 2010 and 2011, $147 billion of that amount was recouped and thus reduced the size of the deficit during President Obama’s watch. (These calculations are complicated and are laid out by the Office of Management and Budget. See http://www.whitehouse.gov/sites/default/files/omb/budget/fy2013/assets/spec.pdf, p. 49.)

James Glassman- Forbes

Obama’s a disaster.

CW on February 27, 2013 at 1:38 AM

I think something bad might be about to happen to my blog, every since I made that music video using Bmore’s pictures, when I try to refresh my blog admin page… It keeps trying to tell me that my blog doesn’t exist any more… O_O

SWalker on February 27, 2013 at 1:39 AM

I’m still gonna sequester all of you.
Rusty Allen on February 27, 2013 at 1:33 AM
Is it something good or bad?
Schadenfreude on February 27, 2013 at 1:34 AM

It could be fun.

Rusty Allen on February 27, 2013 at 1:39 AM

SWalker on February 27, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Socialist nationalists, every time!

Schadenfreude on February 27, 2013 at 1:41 AM

Holy Cow. This song is awesome. Check it out. Its a blog by SWalker BlogStar. BMore did the pictures.

HotAir’s got talent.

SparkPlug on February 27, 2013 at 1:43 AM

I’m still gonna sequester all of you.
Rusty Allen on February 27, 2013 at 1:33 AM
Is it something good or bad?
Schadenfreude on February 27, 2013 at 1:34 AM

It could be fun.

Rusty Allen on February 27, 2013 at 1:39 AM

I’m pretty sure I’ve been sequestered before, as I recall, I didn’t really enjoy it… O_O

SWalker on February 27, 2013 at 1:46 AM

SWalker on February 27, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Socialist nationalists, every time!

Schadenfreude on February 27, 2013 at 1:41 AM

Yea, well, the single largest contingent of my readership does reside in Mordor on the Potomac… O_O

SWalker on February 27, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Bmore on February 27, 2013 at 2:03 AM

SWalker on February 27, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Your blog is still at the link.

Can you get into any of the admin pages?

INC on February 27, 2013 at 2:03 AM

SWalker on February 27, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Your blog is still at the link.

Can you get into any of the admin pages?

INC on February 27, 2013 at 2:03 AM

Yes, it just keeps giving me this page every 5th or 6th page refresh…

The page requested does not exist

The page you requested does not exist, or you do not have have the necessary privileges to access it. You may return to the dashboard of The Wilderness of Mirrors by clicking here.

If you reached this screen by accident and meant to visit one your own sites, here are some shortcuts to help you find your way.
Your Sites

The Wilderness of Mirrors

SWalker on February 27, 2013 at 2:05 AM

SWalker on February 27, 2013 at 2:05 AM

Ick. Last year Nice Deb was down for a while.

The conservative community on Twitter, having far too much experience in Twitter jail as a result of unfounded spam reports from offended liberals, has mobilized to restore Deb’s blog.

She did get her blog back. You might go there and tell her what’s going on and ask for advice.

INC on February 27, 2013 at 2:12 AM

It may simply be a temporary coding problem. I lost my sidebar yesterday because I saved something to a menu.

INC on February 27, 2013 at 2:19 AM

I don’t know if this will help, but if you can get to the admin page:
Settings–>Writing

Make sure the box: WordPress should correct invalidly nested XHTML automatically is checked.

INC on February 27, 2013 at 2:22 AM

INC on February 27, 2013 at 2:12 AM

INC on February 27, 2013 at 2:19 AM

I don’t know, my blog has been up and running for 4 years now, never so much as a burp, let alone a hiccup. Now it’s starting to do this. May, as you say just be a coding error.

SWalker on February 27, 2013 at 2:22 AM

BMore is an interesting fellow.

Is Grace snowed in? Hope She is OK.

SparkPlug on February 27, 2013 at 2:23 AM

Hey, Sparky!

INC on February 27, 2013 at 2:25 AM

Shhhhh, don’t anybody tell SparkPlug, but I’m sneaking off, time to turn back into a pumpkin, lord knows I don’t want SparkPlug finding me in his Marshall Jail cell while still transformed into a pumpkin… I can’t see that ending well… O_O

SWalker on February 27, 2013 at 2:26 AM

INC on February 27, 2013 at 2:25 AM

Yo. Thanks for teaching me about bishing. BMore is better at it than I am. I got a new monitor Asus.

Real nice.

SparkPlug on February 27, 2013 at 2:31 AM

Many people got snowed in. Hope they are OK.

SparkPlug on February 27, 2013 at 2:37 AM

SparkPlug on February 27, 2013 at 2:31 AM

You’re welcome. I’m glad no one was around at the time to screech at me for spilling the beans. :)

A new monitor sounds good.

INC on February 27, 2013 at 2:39 AM

Grace had power the other night so she’s probably OK. I don’t know who else would have been hit by the storm.

We’ve lived through an ice storm without power for about five days. We weren’t trapped by our driveway, and we had friends, church, and my husband’s office with power so we made it.

My husband used to have to get out on the screen porch roof and shovel off snow. The pitch of the other roofs was steep enough not to have a problem.

INC on February 27, 2013 at 2:45 AM

The auto marker for the site apparently is a java related issue HA is experiencing during what I suspect is a redesign. Try thi after refreshing touch the time stamp of the last entry before refreshing if you are having this problem.

Bmore on February 27, 2013 at 2:58 AM

thi=this

Bmore on February 27, 2013 at 2:59 AM

OT: pope giving his final address and the only thing the lsm can talk about are scandals that plagued his papacy…c’mon folks

show just a little class will ya

cmsinaz on February 27, 2013 at 5:37 AM

worst president evah!!!!

unity schmunity, its all about him and the trashing of the gop…how can the gop work with this idiot when all he does is trash them…and all i hear from libs are the gop are evil racist folk who don’t want this man to succeed…this man cannot succeed when hes never had to work hard for anything…everything given to him on a silver platter

cmsinaz on February 27, 2013 at 5:41 AM

the lsm is praising keith ellison for trashing hannity on his show

i’m sure we’ll hear about it ad nauseum today on msdnc and cnn…

cmsinaz on February 27, 2013 at 5:51 AM

lsm worried about the coverup in the catholic church…coverup for benghazi and fast & furious?..meh

cmsinaz on February 27, 2013 at 5:54 AM

now morning joe crew bashing the church…this church needs to be more transparent
-mika

yeah, how about with dear leader there?

———————————————

now they’re praising a new nbc poll showing a negative view of the gop and a positive view of the dems on all issues…

another skewed poll

cmsinaz on February 27, 2013 at 6:08 AM

Mornin’, y’all! Sequestration is coming!!! Run for the hills!!! Or something…A disaster of Biblical Proportions! Dogs and cats living together! My take.

kingsjester on February 27, 2013 at 6:45 AM

Yes. We will all tear our clothes, bang our heads with boards and bow low before the almighty Obama. It is inevitable. Because he is Obama. And we are just us.

JellyToast on February 27, 2013 at 6:46 AM

the lsm is praising keith ellison for trashing hannity on his show

i’m sure we’ll hear about it ad nauseum today on msdnc and cnn…

cmsinaz on February 27, 2013 at 5:51 AM

Don’t watch the LSM networks then, unless you like pain. But you already know that, of course.

I just watched the clip of Ellison on Hannity’s show last night. He sounded just like a grade schooler. The best was when Sean reminded he’s a registered Conservative, and Ellison kept saying he’s a Republican–”Yes you are! Yes you are! Yes you are!”

I enjoyed the display of another Democrat totally bent out of shape.

Liam on February 27, 2013 at 6:50 AM

Liam on February 27, 2013 at 6:50 AM

he sure was a whiner…

morning

cmsinaz on February 27, 2013 at 6:52 AM

kingsjester on February 27, 2013 at 6:45 AM

morning KJ,

the lsm will defend him and begin the blame game for the next crisis for dear leader…

cmsinaz on February 27, 2013 at 6:56 AM

he sure was a whiner…

morning

cmsinaz on February 27, 2013 at 6:52 AM

Happy Wednesday!

I saw him more as desperate. The sequester won’t do a thing unless Obama makes the ‘pain’ artificial–like releasing all those illegals. Republican stubbornness (for the moment) is sticking in the Dems’ craw; they should have caved by now. Despite the media onslaught to protect Obama, the issue is coming down to the wire and that bugs the White House and Congressional Dems to no end. I won’t say they’re afraid, but they likely figure this matter should be closed with them winning again.

What to do if the sequester happens and few, if any, don’t feel the pinch? I don’t think the Dems have a clue.

Liam on February 27, 2013 at 6:58 AM

cmsinaz on February 27, 2013 at 6:56 AM

Yeah, they will. But, he’s still a fraud.

kingsjester on February 27, 2013 at 6:59 AM

Liam on February 27, 2013 at 6:58 AM

they’ll move on to the CR and start all over again…sequester, what sequester?

cmsinaz on February 27, 2013 at 7:03 AM

You have gotta wonder how Obama sounds to all the families that are out of work, have members that can’t find work, have had their hours cut due to Obamacare and lost their healthcare coverage due to same. Ooooo… you need to make a 2% cut in the increase to your spending?

Times are tough all over, bub.

Suck it up and cut it like the man you are, you sniveling politician.

It is not a ‘decrease’ when the government spends more in the next year than it did in the previous year. Tighten that belt old buddy, old pal. Maybe you can hold some bake sales for some of those agencies you have to ‘cut’. Maybe even, *gasp*, NOT PAY THEM MORE DURING A RECESSION THAT THE NATION HAS NOT RECOVERED FROM UNDER YOU.

President Obama – just do your damn job and stop complaining that you have to actually work a day or two, m’kay?

ajacksonian on February 27, 2013 at 7:04 AM

kingsjester on February 27, 2013 at 6:59 AM

yes he is…

cmsinaz on February 27, 2013 at 7:04 AM

ajacksonian on February 27, 2013 at 7:04 AM

Depends on where the bake sales are. Some places have banned them because there’s no regulation of the ‘safety’ of the goods.

Liam on February 27, 2013 at 7:07 AM

Two days away from Global Warming Meteor…
SST-3425 Sequester hits..

Brace yourselves..

Electrongod on February 27, 2013 at 7:17 AM

Bracing Eg, bracing. :-)

tommy71 on February 27, 2013 at 7:29 AM

ajacksonian on February 27, 2013 at 7:04 AM

Maybe I am just slow, but when the SS taxes went up 2% on January 1, didn’t we all have a 2% cut in pay?

How can Washington now claim disaster when they have to cut 2%? Who are these people?

esr1951 on February 27, 2013 at 7:43 AM

esr1951 on February 27, 2013 at 7:43 AM

How can “distinguished” politicians who have spent their whole life on the public teat as elder statesmen (Janet Nepolitano or Ray the Hood, for example) stand in front of a podium and claim that they simply can’t run their department on $74B. Isn’t that what we are paying them to do? Operate their portion of the administration with efficiency and within their allocated tax dollars.

Happy Nomad on February 27, 2013 at 8:05 AM

Funny the lsm will always say that the gop will have the advantage at the next crisis and when the nwxt crisis does occur, the president always has the advantage

No bias there

cmsinaz on February 27, 2013 at 8:07 AM

Democrats = American Communists.

And the lead advocate for our evolution into equal misery……(except for the Ruling class)……..sits in the Oval Office.

All hail Lord Obama !!

PappyD61 on February 27, 2013 at 8:13 AM

esr1951 on February 27, 2013 at 7:43 AM

And, Illinois raised their state taxes 2% when the temporary FICA cut was made, so we’ve been doing without 4% since January. Deal with it, DC.

Fallon on February 27, 2013 at 8:29 AM

All I can think of was what Chuck Schumer said, during Clinton’s impeachment. “This isn’t about Bill Clinton, this is about not letting the Republicans win!!” I’m sure this is the same attitude Obama has, “This isn’t about the country, or cutting the budget, this is about not letting the Republicans win!!”

When the President of the United States cares more about defeating a political party than putting Americans to work, it’s pretty sad. I haven’t seen this president do anything about jobs, except pay lip service to it in speeches.

bflat879 on February 27, 2013 at 8:30 AM

INC on February 27, 2013 at 2:45 AM

Thanks for all you are doing to get the information out about Common Core.

Fallon on February 27, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Hey get back in that cell until Dire coughs up one million.

That’s a 1 with 7 zeros for you people who can’t count.

SparkPlug on February 27, 2013 at 1:26 AM

One million is really a 1 with SIX zeros, for everybody who can’t count.

So, SparkPlug, when can I trade my million dollars for your million dollars?

Steve Z on February 27, 2013 at 10:51 AM

I’m still gonna sequester all of you.

Rusty Allen on February 27, 2013 at 1:33 AM

To sequester usually means to imprison, which most readers here would not appreciate from Rusty Allen.

But, if given the choice, I would rather sequester 2% of the budget than all the CO2 produced by power plants, whose compression and “sequestration” would cost more than 2% of the Federal budget.

Steve Z on February 27, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Fallon on February 27, 2013 at 8:47 AM

You’re welcome! I hope there’s something there you can use or pass on.

INC on February 27, 2013 at 5:01 PM