WaPo: Beretta starting to look at moving out of Maryland after gun-control push

posted at 4:01 pm on February 25, 2013 by Ed Morrissey

Earlier today, I linked to a Christian Science Monitor report that the firearms industry had begun to organize in opposition to the recent push for increased gun control, but that the major manufacturers had not yet committed themselves.  That situation has changed, reports the Washington Post, at least in Maryland, where Beretta makes it home — at least for now.  The company has begun considering a relocation of its headquarters to a state where its product hasn’t been made illegal, and may take hundreds of jobs with them:

Beretta, the nearly 500-year-old family-owned company that made one of James Bond’s firearms, has already invested more than $1 million in the machine and has planned to expand its plant further in Prince George’s County to ramp up production.

But under an assault-weapons ban that advanced late last week in the Maryland General Assembly, experts say the gun would be illegal in the state where it is produced.

Now Beretta is weighing whether the rifle line, and perhaps the company itself, should stay in a place increasingly hostile toward its products. Its iconic 9mm pistol — carried by every U.S. soldier and scores of police departments — would also be banned with its high capacity, 13-bullet magazine.

“Why expand in a place where the people who built the gun couldn’t buy it?” said Jeffrey Reh, general counsel for Beretta.

On the line: at least 300 jobs in Maryland’s Prince George County.  That’s enough to worry even Governor Martin O’Malley’s Democratic allies in the state legislature.  The Post’s Aaron Davis gets the president of the state Senate, Thomas Miller, to admit that he’s “concerned” about a possible move to “places a lot more friendly to the company than this state.” In the lower chamber, the Democrat representing the district, Del. Joseph Vallario, told the Post that “we want to keep those jobs.” Vallario’s chairing the chamber’s Judiciary Committee, so he has some influence on that outcome, but so far the bill doesn’t seem to be slowing down.

Beretta general counsel Jeffrey Reh reminded the legislature that Beretta once moved a significant facility to Virginia the last time the state tried this, and that the next time might be the last:

“I think they thought we were bluffing” in the 1990s, Reh said. “But Berettas don’t bluff.”

For obvious reasons, Beretta would like to stay put.  Moving any kind of business costs money, and manufacturing more than most, and the disruption to production will be considerable.  Given the history of hostility toward guns and gun manufacturing by the state’s political class, though, it might end up being costlier to stay than to leave. Reh told the Post that the Italian owner recently visited the facility, and when briefed on the law, told Reh, “There always seems to be a problem with Maryland.”

No company will put up with that forever, and few would stay in a state where most of their product line couldn’t be sold.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

Gov. Perry will incentivise you to con to Texas if you ask.

Tater Salad on February 25, 2013 at 5:44 PM

Moving would not be that difficult, there are plenty of machine shops and warehouses in Texas. And plenty of qualified machinist. Come on down Beretta.

DDay on February 25, 2013 at 5:45 PM

That’s awesome, so many Delmarvians on here:) You make a valid point, Delaware is being run in the dirt, but I take exception to the Biden issue, that was the Yankees up north that did that, not slower lower:)
MarshFox on February 25, 2013 at 5:38 PM

I’m not talking as VP. All of Biden’s political history, start to current, is from Delaware.

dentarthurdent on February 25, 2013 at 5:46 PM

300 direct manufacturing jobs usually translates into 4 times that many secondary jobs, some in fields that are so specialized that they will not be able to adjust.

pat on February 25, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Ya – that’s in the ballpark.
Magpul has about 200 people in Colorado, but when you add their subcontractors in, it totals about 600 jobs that they might move out of state.

dentarthurdent on February 25, 2013 at 5:48 PM

I understand the financial impact of relocating, but if Maryland carves out exemptions, they’re going to stay put.

The only way I can see them leaving is if another state throws up some incentives for them to leave. Such as Virginia offering to pay relocation expenses in the form of tax credits.

ButterflyDragon on February 25, 2013 at 5:55 PM

bluefox on February 25, 2013 at 5:26 PM

Hello to you as well, and I hope you are well also. I just discovered Case knives recently myself and got absorbed in their history. I didn’t know they began in New York either and I’m not sure what led them to move to Pennsylvania, whether it was a politically bad business environment in New York or if Zippo made them a really good offer.

I’m not sure I’d want to base a big decision such as moving a buisness on the politics of a particular state either, for precisely the reason you mentioned — it can change on a whim.

PatriotGal2257 on February 25, 2013 at 6:00 PM

ButterflyDragon on February 25, 2013 at 5:55 PM

Depends on how Beretta management views their market. Even though some Dems tried to put exemptions in the Colorado laws to allow Magpul to still manufacture illegal magazines in the state – Magpul execs said that doesn’t matter. If their product is illegal for the people in Colorado, their customer base would not support their hypocrisy if they stayed.

dentarthurdent on February 25, 2013 at 6:00 PM

I love Beretta. can’t afford the guns, but they make great clothing and small items. Great men’s shirts and jeans. VP Cheney has been know to frequent their store here in Dallas.

txmomof6 on February 25, 2013 at 6:04 PM

go ahead and move. obama and malloy will just replace the job with unicorn fart factory or something.

acyl72 on February 25, 2013 at 6:04 PM

…few would stay in a state where most of their product line couldn’t be sold.

Yeah, I gues if it wasn’t tied to the water supply Jack Daniels would have moved decades ago!!

E9RET on February 25, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Is like to know why S&W and Springfield Armory choose to stay in ME….seems odd that such a big players in the gun manufacturing business would stay in a state that hates guns and denies citizens their right to self defense.

jawkneemusic on February 25, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Because the percentage of their sales volume that come from ME is so miniscule that these laws have no impact on them.

SWalker on February 25, 2013 at 5:08 PM

Actually Maine is very gun friendly. I went through junior high and HS there, and all of my immediate family still lives there. Me and my friends used to shoot out in the yard and in the woods near our houses all the time – in town, and never had a problem with the police.
Maine is a shall issue CCW state, has a state law that prevents municipalities from passing laws more restrictive than the state, and has open carry allowances – and NO bans of any kind.
Also home to Windham Weaponry, Saco Arms, and of course Bath Iron Works (they build Navy Aegis destroyers – with really big guns).
Although Maine has shifted more Dem than they used to be, don’t confuse Maine with Taxachusetts or NY.

dentarthurdent on February 25, 2013 at 5:40 PM

My mistake. I meant MA. They’re not located in Maine, they’re in Massachusetts. .

jawkneemusic on February 25, 2013 at 6:06 PM

pat on February 25, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Another great reason to leave. Liberals/socialists must in some way feed off the work of others. Take the real work and the jobs dependent upon the real work to the most conservative place you can find. If everyone did this today, Boston and NYC would be Detroit by the end of the year.

ROCnPhilly on February 25, 2013 at 6:09 PM

txmomof6 on February 25, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Barretta’s guns are okay. S&W’s M&P and Springfield Armory’s XDm are much better 9mm pistols..

jawkneemusic on February 25, 2013 at 6:10 PM

PatriotGal2257 on February 25, 2013 at 6:00 PM

I’m fine. Working on my Win7 Laptop to share a printer with my XP Desktop, LOL Then Taxes.

The only solution I can think of if a large Company doesn’t want to move their entire plant is to contract out some divisions to a friendly State. But then I don’t know how that would work either.

This dictatorship out of D.C. is the cause of all of the uproar in the Country. Of course, no opposition from the Congress adds to it.

Hard to make changes when a Candidate must fight the Admin/Dems/R’s but we must continue to fight!!

bluefox on February 25, 2013 at 6:11 PM

it can change on a whim.

PatriotGal2257 on February 25, 2013 at 6:00 PM

Yeeeeeees, but…

You are correct in the strictest definition of your comment.

However, I’m pretty sure that if Beretta moved to my home state of Texas it wouldn’t have face that dilemma until sometime in the next century when the Democrats will probably run Texas. Quite frankly at that time we’ll all be screwed anyway.

E9RET on February 25, 2013 at 6:11 PM

txmomof6 on February 25, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Where is the store in Dallas?

cozmo on February 25, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Here in Colorado, i see them passing all of the laws through the Senate and then having Hickenlooper most likely signing them. The socialists here are not smart enough to understand the economic facts. besides, its the principle of the thing plus they will feel good about themselves [Just think how many of the children we saved] I will give it until 2014 election to see what happens but right now I am researching Air Force Villages in San Antonio.

retiredeagle on February 25, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Michelle Malkin reported that HIckenlooper might be wavering on the magazine ban. Fingers crossed but I’m not getting my hopes up.

jawkneemusic on February 25, 2013 at 6:13 PM

dentarthurdent on February 25, 2013 at 6:00 PM

That’s a good point and would probably apply to all of the Manufacturers.

bluefox on February 25, 2013 at 6:14 PM

jawkneemusic on February 25, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Coke v Pepsi argument. I prefer the hammer on the 92 more than the striker.

And the Desert Eagle/Jericho beats them all. So there!

cozmo on February 25, 2013 at 6:14 PM

It makes absolute sense for these companies to move out of states that are hostile to what they manufacture. I hope they all move out of these wannabe commie states. Let all the blue staters go on welfare, no jobs and nobody work. Let them live there dream just as long as the people that are productive and love freedom can protect themselves from the destructiveness of these idiots.

Charm on February 25, 2013 at 6:16 PM

txmomof6 on February 25, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Highland Park Village, never mind.

cozmo on February 25, 2013 at 6:16 PM

jawkneemusic

Hear, hear. I lugged the Beretta M9 around in two war zones and never liked it very much. Sand and rust were a real concern.

I current use a Springfield 9mm and love it.

Besides, aesthetically the Berettas always look like they were designed by closet steam punk fans, sharp angles and corners, levers switches and stuff sticking out like angle iron, etc.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see steam leaking out of some of them. ;-)

E9RET on February 25, 2013 at 6:18 PM

I think Pandora’s box has officially been opened. Dems need to understand that this is Obama’s plan to “fundamentally transform America”, and he’ll throw them all, and their states, under the bus to do it. I am ashamed to live in Colorado, but I am proud to work in Wyoming.

lea on February 25, 2013 at 6:20 PM

jawkneemusic on February 25, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Gotcha. Easy error if you’re not from there.
However, while S&W is HQ’d in Taxachusetts, they actually have a very large plant in Houghton, Maine where they make most of their handguns. I also recently found out S&W is the largest maker of handcuffs in the US – and those are also made in the Maine plant. This is why Maine’s new independent Seantor Angus King (former Governor) came out against the Dems’ gun control ideas.

So my S&W M&P9 and my Windham Weaponry AR-15/M4 were both made in Maine. Didn’t know that when I bought them.

dentarthurdent on February 25, 2013 at 6:21 PM

jawkneemusic on February 25, 2013 at 6:10 PM

I guess if you are into plastic guns. Personally, I prefer a Barretta [sic] 92 over either of those handguns.

stvnscott on February 25, 2013 at 6:21 PM

That’s a good point and would probably apply to all of the Manufacturers.

bluefox on February 25, 2013 at 6:14 PM

That’s the point Magpul has made, very publicly, to the Colorado legislature. Unfortunately, the House ignored them. Waiting to see what the Senate and Gov do.

dentarthurdent on February 25, 2013 at 6:23 PM

What on earth is Armlite doing in Illinois?

Jaibones on February 25, 2013 at 6:23 PM

I am ashamed to live in Colorado, but I am proud to work in Wyoming.

lea on February 25, 2013 at 6:20 PM

I love Colorado – been here over 30 years since growing up on the east coast. But if they go through with their gun control laws, I will seriously look at moving to Wyoming or Texas.

dentarthurdent on February 25, 2013 at 6:26 PM

What on earth is Armlite doing in Illinois?

Jaibones on February 25, 2013 at 6:23 PM

What is ANY company with any profit motive doing in Illinois?

dentarthurdent on February 25, 2013 at 6:28 PM

“Its iconic 9mm pistol — carried by every U.S. soldier and scores of police departments — would also be banned with its high standard capacity, 13-bullet magazine.”

There. Fixed it for them.

Lammo on February 25, 2013 at 6:31 PM

So, another 300 to be added to the welfare rolls outside of Bodycount, Murderland? Detroit is suddenly jealous.

Warp speed Progressives! Man the unicorns!

Polish Rifle on February 25, 2013 at 6:31 PM

There. Fixed it for them.

Lammo on February 25, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Yes – and STANDARD for my M&P9 is 17 rounds. That’s the OEM STANDARD for that handgun.

dentarthurdent on February 25, 2013 at 6:36 PM

bluefox on February 25, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Indeed. We have to. There isn’t an alternative. Well, there is, but it’s very unpalatable to most of us here.

PatriotGal2257 on February 25, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Warp speed Progressives! Man the unicorns!

Polish Rifle on February 25, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Would a quadricorn be considered a high capacity assault weapon?

dentarthurdent on February 25, 2013 at 6:41 PM

S&W is in Houlton, not Houghton, Maine. Two different towns.

PersonFromPorlock on February 25, 2013 at 6:46 PM

E9RET on February 25, 2013 at 6:11 PM

True enough. We here in Pennsylvania have much work to do to neutralize those 14 counties out of 67 that gave Obama our 20 electoral votes, and this is a much more conservative state than one would think. We’re not called Pennsyltucky for nothing. LOL

PatriotGal2257 on February 25, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Maryland sucks, unless your one of dem.

losarkos on February 25, 2013 at 6:48 PM

stvnscott on February 25, 2013 at 6:21 PM

For 9mm I prefer polymer pistols though the pistol I choose the carry is a full size SW1911. I recently purchased a new 1911 E Series model from S&W but I’ve had a number of issues with it. It’s being serviced under warranty at the moment for the second time. Which brings me too…

Gotcha. Easy error if you’re not from there.

dentarthurdent on February 25, 2013 at 6:21 PM

You’re quite right. Though I gotta say, I have a SW1911 I bought in 2008 that was manufactured in their MA plant that was flawless right out of the box. Still flawless to this day. The 1911 E Series I bought last year was manufactured in Houlton ME has been sent back twice for warranty work. Once for failure to feed and and some other minor issues and more recently for a failure to eject issue. It keeps pulling the last round into the magazine feed lips. It’s ruin my Wilson Combat and CMC Service mags. I’ve read their Houlton ME plant isn’t as good as their Springfield plant. Kinda disappointed in the QC in Houlton especially considering this E Series cost about $400 more than my SW1911 built on Springfield. All my othe S&W firearms were made in Springfield. I’ve had no problems with any of them. Just this 1911 built in ME.

jawkneemusic on February 25, 2013 at 6:57 PM

I worked for a Maryland company for years. When I retired, they provided (for me to buy) a medicare supplement insurance costing over $12K/year. Because of my loyalty to the company, I never questioned that this was the best. They started playing around with the prescription part so I checked with the same provider in Oklahoma. I got the same benefits for less than $6K/year. Hey! Every little bit helps. Now, consider how Maryland is screwing the retirees with little pension and low ss.

Hey Bretta, come to Oklahoma where you will be appreciated. We are also a right to work state and all other employees are free enterprise at will.

Your management will live a lot better here, more cheaply. The only thing we don’t have is blue-water boating, but we have a heck of a lot bib, big lakes.

Old Country Boy on February 25, 2013 at 7:00 PM

What on earth is Armlite doing in Illinois?

Jaibones on February 25, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Armalite is trying to have it both ways.

Never cared for their AR15′s. S&W’s M&P15 is better. Looking to get a FN Scar-H as soon as I can. 308 Winchester in a semi-auto carbine? YES PLEASE!

jawkneemusic on February 25, 2013 at 7:01 PM

dentarthurdent on February 25, 2013 at 6:00 PM

We’ll find out soon. Because Maryland will pass a gun control law. There’s no doubt about that. If it’s full of 2nd Amendment crushing language, but has exemptions for Beretta then we’ll know real quick if Beretta stands on 2nd Amendment principles or capitalist principles. I don’t begrudge them making a buck, but if it’s money over the Constitution, they’ll never have to worry about me purchasing another item manufactured by them.

ButterflyDragon on February 25, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Hey Berreta! Welcome to TEXAS!

GarandFan on February 25, 2013 at 7:14 PM

ButterflyDragon on February 25, 2013 at 7:04 PM

The a$$clowns in Colorado amended their magazine ban bill to allow Magpul to continue manufacturing 30 rounds magazines while trying to ban their sale inside the state. Such hypocrisy never ceases to amaze me. They deem these standard capacity magazines too dangerous and evil to own but not dangerous or evil enough to give up the tax revenue they generate for the state. God bless Magpul. They told the law makers here to stuff their amendment. Their threat to leave is a principled stance, not a business one. Should this ban go through, I hope they relocate to WY. I’ll simply drive north to by my magazines until I relocate to a state that doesn’t oppress it’s people because of the actions of a few psychos.

jawkneemusic on February 25, 2013 at 7:18 PM

“There always seems to be a problem with Maryland.”

When the big boss says this, they’re going. It’s just a matter of when.

unclesmrgol on February 25, 2013 at 7:18 PM

LWRC is based in Cambridge MD – I wonder if they’re considering moving too.

Defenestratus on February 25, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Lordy, I hope so. I’m looking to get two more of their rifles…and I’d sure like to see a Texas address on them. :-)

Solaratov on February 25, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Once upon a time, the only place to legally make porn in America was California. The only legal US prostitution is in Nevada. I never had a problem with some things being limited to only one state. Can Texas be the state where all American firearms come from?

I feel a song coming on…Please come to Texas for the freedom…

My dreams would come true if Magnum Research relocated to Texas.

cozmo on February 25, 2013 at 7:28 PM

I stepped away for a bit, but I love coming back and seeing the talk about freedom-loving people considering Wyoming. It really is a fabulous place to live. Colorado, not so much. It’s sad what’s happened to a once relatively free state. All of the California and East Coast transplants to Colorado’s front range brought their (D) voting habits with them–they are turning the state into the repressive, over-regulated lands that they left.

Jackalope on February 25, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Jackalope on February 25, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Yup, WY is my number one destination at this point in time. Any county suggestions? Looking at Cheyenne but I’m told its super windy and cold. Cold I can deal with, windy not as much. Ha

jawkneemusic on February 25, 2013 at 7:35 PM

jawkneemusic on February 25, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Cheyenne and Laramie are very windy (high planes). Wester Wyo is all very beautiful, although Jackson Hole is very Liberal. The north/central parts (Lander, Ten Sleep, Cody, Sheridan) are worth checking out. The eastern part of the state is oil & gas country.

Jackalope on February 25, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Love their shotguns! I wouldn’t trade my 303 for love nor money.

graywaiter on February 25, 2013 at 7:50 PM

jawkneemusic on February 25, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Take a look at Crusader Weaponry’s “Broadsword” in .308/7.62

A semi-auto with a 16″ barrel that can make solid hits at 1,000yards.

BTW: Magpul is out with a 25-round Pmag for 7.62. MSRP: $28.00

Solaratov on February 25, 2013 at 8:00 PM

I hope that Beretta comes to gunrights-friendly Texas, Louisiana or Mississippi. Leave that festering cesspool called Maryland.

I can see a weapons manufacturer in the Northeast like Colt, Remington, Mossberg, Ruger etc being reluctant to leave their longtime, generations-old facilities. But why a relative newcomer to the USA would locate their facilities in a gun-hating Libtard state like Maryland is baffling.

Better they should move to the South to a right-to-work, anti-union, gunrights-loving state.

CatchAll on February 25, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Ya – that’s in the ballpark.

dentarthurdent on February 25, 2013 at 5:48 PM

And that’s 600 hamburgers/cars/shirts/books/phones/groceries/etc….

right2bright on February 25, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Beretta sounds like a nice Texas suburb already.

High tech, happy, rich.

Movin’ on from Mary Land!

profitsbeard on February 25, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Take a look at Crusader Weaponry’s “Broadsword” in .308/7.62

A semi-auto with a 16″ barrel that can make solid hits at 1,000yards.

BTW: Magpul is out with a 25-round Pmag for 7.62. MSRP: $28.00

Solaratov on February 25, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Nice. Will do. Might have to pick up some of those Magpul mags now in case their banned too.

jawkneemusic on February 25, 2013 at 8:54 PM

E9RET on February 25, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Actually, only a token tourist-based production of Jack Daniels is in Lynchburg. Most production is now done elsewhere.

AZfederalist on February 25, 2013 at 9:28 PM

PatriotGal2257 on February 25, 2013 at 6:37 PM

There may come a time soon when what’s unpalatable becomes necessary.

But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security

I will listen to any and all arguments to the contrary. Thank God I’m in Texas, where we’ll hopefully hold off the tidal wave. We could use a few more arms manufacturers, though. Just in cae the distasteful comes to pass.

creekspecter on February 25, 2013 at 9:52 PM

S&W is in Houlton, not Houghton, Maine. Two different towns.

PersonFromPorlock on February 25, 2013 at 6:46 PM

Yup. My memory isn’t what it used to be.

dentarthurdent on February 25, 2013 at 9:52 PM

jawkneemusic on February 25, 2013 at 6:57 PM

That’s a bummer to hear. My wife was looking at the S&W 1911′s recently. She really likes the looks of the ones with wood grain grips and engraving on the metal – very pretty… In .45 ACP, even though she’s not sure she can handle my M&P 9mm…. go figure.

dentarthurdent on February 25, 2013 at 10:01 PM

BTW: Magpul is out with a 25-round Pmag for 7.62. MSRP: $28.00

Solaratov on February 25, 2013 at 8:00 PM

jawkneemusic on February 25, 2013 at 8:54 PM

I was just looking at the Magpul site the other day – didn’t see any 7.62 mags. I’d love to get some from Magpul given their current stand for the 2nd Amendment but didn’t see any. I guess I need to take another look.
So I ordered 10 from Heroes Tactical – they were listed on the Tapco site as a distributor and claimed to have them in stock.
Need to stock up before Colorado makes them illegal….

dentarthurdent on February 25, 2013 at 10:05 PM

BTW: Magpul is out with a 25-round Pmag for 7.62. MSRP: $28.00

Solaratov on February 25, 2013 at 8:00 PM

Just looked at Magpul again. They have 7.62 x 51 mags – but no 7.62 x 39 – which is what I need for my AKs.

dentarthurdent on February 25, 2013 at 10:12 PM

I just sent off a string of e-mails to my elected politicians telling them to approach Beretta in the hopes of getting them to move here. We LOVE guns!

DannoJyd on February 25, 2013 at 10:17 PM

bluefox on February 25, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Thanks for the link.

Heard this on Glenn this morning, but the video is MUCH nicer.

listens2glenn on February 25, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Well since this thread is about Maryland and Guns, you may be interested in watching Dan Bongino took on Vincent DeMarco of Marylanders to Prevent Gun Violence this morning in a debate moderated by Bruce Depuyt with News Talk. You can watch the full debate below:

bluefox on February 25, 2013 at 10:39 PM

DannoJyd on February 25, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Always working:-) I hope everyone would work half as hard as you do.

Levin suggested all of the Governors still standing strong against the Medicaid Expansion and higher taxes receive a thank you and encouragement. Now I don’t have any problem doing that, but need to find a list of those still standing. Too many are caving.

I’ve already voiced my displeasure with my State Senator & State Rep about Kasich.

Gov. Perry & Gov. Walker are the only two that come to mind, so need to search.

bluefox on February 25, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Come to Montana. We love our Berettas and we have open carry, even in Walmarts.

Kissmygrits on February 26, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Another Big Win for Texas: $8 Billion Surplus

redguy on February 26, 2013 at 9:35 AM

It’s gone way beyond disgraceful and disgusting, the extent to which these evil liberal/socialists have engorged themselves on the blood of murdered children.

JackM on February 26, 2013 at 10:14 AM

There. Fixed it for them.

Lammo on February 25, 2013 at 6:31 PM

Yea!!! At least one real firearms lover!

This whole thread had nothing but cliches I could hear at most any bar and many in Georgetown or the Upper West Side. What a bunch of wussies. What is that in the photo? How about a Bar 9MM carbine with a thirty round clip? Tested on the web at 240 yards.

Al your survival stuff should be 9 MM. And if I have to give the reasons, you are not worthy to hear it.

Nobody mentioned the other facts which spring to mind here, either.

Sad.

Come to Montana. We love our Berettas and we have open carry, even in Walmarts.

Kissmygrits on February 26, 2013 at 12:32 AM

What a nice thing to say. The only trouble in Montana is that most of my beloved Berettas lack long range abilities. I can hit a golf ball over 250 yards and my slice is deadly. Well, maybe not in the same sense…

Now I go back to being called a wimp and RINO.

IlikedAUH2O on February 26, 2013 at 10:16 AM

I live in MD and will move out in a couple of years to a “friendly place” to taxpayers. TX here I come…

RedInMD on February 26, 2013 at 11:14 AM

Go Beretta! I love to see companies fighting back against the tyrant.

Now, will the food companies and appliance manufacturers start fighting back? Have you ever tried low sodium bacon? Soooo bad! (I picked it up by mistake, as it’s packaged to fool you.) Have you bought a new dishwasher lately? Doesn’t work.

Come on, America, we are not the Soviet Union…yet!

PattyJ on February 26, 2013 at 11:17 AM

RedInMD on February 26, 2013 at 11:14 AM

As do I, though I am not in a position to leave sadly…

I hope this kind of pressure keeps building in MD though, the entire state is at the mercy of 2 cities and 3 counties. Mind boggling.

Gatsu on February 26, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Texas would love to have you!

Mr. Bultitude on February 26, 2013 at 2:03 PM

jawkneemusic on February 25, 2013 at 6:10 PM

I agree on the 9mm, but I really like my .32 Tomcat. It’s a great pocket pistol.

RadClown on February 26, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Reliabilty is the issue.
I find both the Beretta 92 and the 96 to be excellent in this regard.
And the M9′s are working their way up the awards podium at Camp Perry.
Speaking of pistol manufactures and their ‘home’ states:
Can anyone explain how Kimber remains in Yonkers? WTFO?

Missilengr on February 26, 2013 at 3:06 PM

They all should come to the much less racist SOUTHERN United States. I love black, brown and orange guns!

TX-96 on February 26, 2013 at 3:37 PM

Maryland wouldn’t hurt if 300 gun jobs leave. Maryland lives on government dollars.

2010 gallup report, Maryland was number 4 in the US for gov jobs:
DC 38%
Alaska 31
Virginia 27
Maryland 26

Maybe more now, that Obamacare etc are in

entagor on February 26, 2013 at 3:51 PM

I am a strong supporter of Sig Sauer and I own several of their firearms. This week I sent a letter to Ron J. Cohen, Chief Executive Officer and President of Sig Sauer. In that letter I encouraged him to take a stand and not sell any firearms to those state governments that will not support our Second Amendment Rights. I’m waiting for his response.

sigsauer on February 26, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Come on down to Okielahoma, Beretta! ;)

Tulsa resident here.

theflyonthewall on February 27, 2013 at 1:00 AM

Always working:-) I hope everyone would work half as hard as you do.

\

Me too! Unfortunately all I can do is to provide a good example and encourage people currently stuck in their haze of maliaise.

It seems as if we’ve got to stay on our representatives backs every other week to keep us out of the Medicaid expansion here. SHEESH!

that is all you can do, so if enough people do as you do you should wake the dolt up.

Gov. Perry & Gov. Walker are the only two that come to mind, so need to search.

bluefox on February 25, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Governor Snyder of Michigan. I nearly got a pic of me with him at the convention, but my friend took a pic of my stomach instead!!! Grrr….

DannoJyd on February 27, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Where is the topic about ‘Kyrzakhstan’ Kerry’s sticking up for STUPID Americans? We will have to give him a pass for that since the only Americans ‘Kyrzakhstan’ Kerry’s knows is STUPID democrat and moderate voters.

BTW, Kerry named the country of ‘Kyrzakhstan’ in a recent speech, but there is no such place as ‘Kyrzakhstan’. MORON!

DannoJyd on February 27, 2013 at 1:41 AM

Beretta could relocate to Hanover, Pennsylvania and move right into several available warehouses. Its just across the border from Maryland and Pennsylvania will NOT be passing any idiotic gun laws like Maryland!

Hanover is a great blue-collar town with several well known brands manufactured there (Utz chips, Snyders pretzels, Hanover foods, etc) and Beretta would be welcomed with open arms!!!

ManWithNoName on February 27, 2013 at 6:52 AM

Come to Montana. We love our Berettas and we have open carry, even in Walmarts.

Kissmygrits on February 26, 2013 at 12:32 AM

be careful what you ask for. Maine used to be a lot better place to raise a family, over the last 30 years too many people from away (Mass., N.Y.) came here. They come to get away from something that they soon start missing, than start voting for and we are now regretting. Montana is on my short list, I promise to leave the east coast madness behind if I come.

aceinstall on February 27, 2013 at 2:52 PM