Video: FLOTUS presents Best Picture award at the Oscars for some reason

posted at 10:41 am on February 25, 2013 by Allahpundit

Reagan taped a video message for the Oscars in 1981, but of course Reagan had a Hollywood pedigree — actor in more than 75 films/TV shows, SAG president for eight terms, governor of California for two terms. The ’81 Oscars were held just two months after he was inaugurated, too; his acting career was a more prominent part of his public image at that point than it would be eight years later. So when President Clooney strolls out to award Best Picture 15 years from now, don’t make a fuss. There’s precedent for that. For this, though? Hmmmm.

If you believe Deadline, it wasn’t the White House’s idea. It was Harvey Weinstein’s:

Afterward, the Obama staff put out a statement on how it came together: “The Academy Awards approached the First Lady about being a part of the ceremony. As a movie lover, she was honored to present the award and celebrate the artists who inspire us all — especially our young people — with their passion, skill and imagination.”

The idea of getting the First Lady on the show first came from Lily Weinstein, who mentioned it to her big Obama contributor dad Harvey, who suggested it to the Oscar producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron and Academy president Hawk Koch. The group flew to DC a week and a half ago to put the logistics together with the White House. The Oscar producers told Deadline’s Pete Hammond earlier this week that they “were being like the CIA” about a couple of surprises on the show, keeping things top secret. In towns like Hollywood and DC where people love to talk, they pulled it off. There was no indication on the show’s rundown and most of the people on the Oscars had no idea who the secret guest would be. “I knew we could do it and we did it,” Koch told Deadline tonight about keeping Obama’s name under wraps.

I believe it. I’d bet this is less about The One trying to insinuate himself into the Oscars than about some sort of ego match between the Golden Globes and Academy Awards generally and, maybe, Steven Spielberg and Harvey Weinstein specifically. Spielberg, remember, got Bill Clinton to introduce “Lincoln” at the Globes. How do you top an ex-president? With a sitting president, of course — or the next best thing, if the president’s unavailable. In fact, the surprise isn’t that FLOTUS agreed, it’s that Weinstein couldn’t get Obama himself to do it. I’m sure that idea was floated; for all the heat O takes about dodging the press, he makes an exception every year for an interview during the Super Bowl pre-game show because it earns him face time with a gigantic audience. The Oscars was another opportunity for that, but in the end I assume his team decided that there simply wouldn’t be enough political bang for the buck. He’s not running again, he wouldn’t have much of a chance to push his talking points on guns or whatever if he’s simply presenting an award, and he’d surely take heat the next day for reducing the presidency to some sort of glorified emcee for film-industry jackholes. (If they had asked him last year, before the election, who knows what he would have said?) And yet, it’d be a shame to pass up a chance to remind America that their president is A Very Big Deal, enough so that he not only gets to announce Best Picture but gets Jack Nicholson to introduce him. Solution, then: Let Michelle do it. The public likes her, and insofar as Weinstein and the Oscars were interested chiefly in having their own importance affirmed with this stunt, a reigning First Lady will do nearly as well as the big O.

If nothing else, FLOTUS’s cameo managed to annoy Iranian media, which is always gratifying.

Update: Are those service members behind Michelle, by the way? Were they given a choice about whether they wanted to appear?

Update: Too much overexposure at last?

Update: On second thought, was this a quid pro quo? Stephanie Cutter goes to bat for Weinstein’s pet Oscar-bait project and in return FLOTUS gets a big cameo at the end of the show?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

The offending comment was removed. He must have been a Kossack acting as an imposter.

22044 on February 25, 2013 at 2:45 PM

I hope the majority of the commentators in this vile thread die in your sleep. Dead serious…the world would be a better place.

stingray9813 on February 25, 2013 at 2:15 PM

I am sure you will understand that wishing death upon anyone pretty much renders any argument you might have, moot.

Try again.

Jabberwock on February 25, 2013 at 2:47 PM

That quote was nowhere to be found on Hot Air until you posted it now.

No, someone did post it. A reader e-mailed us to alert us and the offender was banned.

Allahpundit on February 25, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Allahpundit on February 25, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Mind saying who it was?

steebo77 on February 25, 2013 at 2:48 PM

stingray9813 on February 25, 2013 at 2:40 PM

You and Machismo, along with Johnson, are all trash. You need to be institutionalized, in the Turkish latrine, you rats.

You just love consuming that slush.

Schadenfreude on February 25, 2013 at 2:52 PM

On Rush:

Argo – movie about rescue of embassy personnel in Iran
Barack Obama – failed to resuce embassy personnel in Libya
Michelle Obama – presents Best Picture to Argo

Irony Alert.

Nutstuyu on February 25, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Maybe 40 years from now the documents from Benghazi will be declassified so Hollywood can make a movie about what really happened there. I am only half-joking, as I fear it may be the only way we ever find out what actually happened within the administration during this fiasco.

weaselyone on February 25, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Allahpundit on February 25, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Thanks for being responsible.

Does that mean I can sleep in peace tonight ?

Jabberwock on February 25, 2013 at 3:01 PM

I was watching, and was sickened to see the ruling elite FLOTUS dressed up in the $10,000 dress inserting herself into our culture, such as it is. I immediately changed the channel.

Imagine how many thousands of people living in poverty in the U.S. could have been fed a good meal and sent an 0bamaphone with the cost of that gawdy dress.

All the C0mmiewood stars were giddy to have their ruler present the Oscar.

FlatlanderByTheLake on February 25, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Allahpundit on February 25, 2013 at 2:48 PM

stingray, being the upstanding citizen that you are, you will go back to Johnson now and he will post an update, that the offender was banned, right?

Schadenfreude on February 25, 2013 at 3:05 PM

I just went on LGF and planted an a$sassination remark about Ted Cruz. Hurry, Allah, and link it to smear them before they take it down.

BTW, wasn’t that the website that exposed Rathergate? What happened – some moonbats take it over?

crrr6 on February 25, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Even though it wasn’t made in 2012, shouldn’t 2012 have won Best Picture, because it was so dead-on, or whatever?

:OP

OhEssYouCowboys on February 25, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Charles Johnson, the ‘upstanding’ reporter that he is, will print and Update to his post that Allahpundit deleted the offending commenter…in 3, 2……..yeppers.

Latrine rats, eat the slush you dwell in.

Schadenfreude on February 25, 2013 at 3:11 PM

I can only imagine what lester and co. would have said about Laura Bush if she introduced the Best Picture Winner back in 2005. Probably something like “LOL Laura Bush killed a guy I hope she dies!1!11″

Remember when righties in Hollywood made a movie about killing Obama? Oh, wait, that was about Bush…my bad…

Good Solid B-Plus on February 25, 2013 at 3:14 PM

crrr6 on February 25, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Charles Johnson got his first, of what would be, chronic yeast infections.

AllahsNippleHair on February 25, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Googling this Machismo fellow’s previous Hot Air comments makes me think he was really a Kos Kiddie posing as a conservative. His comments were all incredibly over-the-top, like a caricature of a parody of a conservative.

steebo77 on February 25, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Good Solid B-Plus on February 25, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Yeah, I’m waiting for the sequel to Death of a President but suspect we won’t see it until President Rubio is sworn in. At least we’ll be able to call them racists. I can’t tell you how much I’m looking forward to playing up the anti-Hispanic angle. I’m going to use it like a comma.

crrr6 on February 25, 2013 at 3:21 PM

crrr6 on February 25, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Don’t do that, please. Your time is better spent e-mailing our tips line when you see an offensive comment in one of the threads here. Ed and I don’t have time to police them; it’d be a help to us if the regulars lent a hand.

Allahpundit on February 25, 2013 at 3:31 PM

crrr6 on February 25, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Actually, LGF was one of several sites that exposed Rathergate. Free Republic and Power Line also helped.

Del Dolemonte on February 25, 2013 at 3:32 PM

That last comment above has now been deleted at Hot Air

, and the rest of the commenters are accusing me of faking it (predictably) and spewing hatred at me.

Kudos for the update, CJ.

You are wrong on the latter.

At least you made the update. Good on you.

Your commenters are still all rats in a latrine, feeding on the slush.

You should know better than to think that AP would let stand comments which go against the HA agreement.

Schadenfreude on February 25, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Allahpundit on February 25, 2013 at 3:31 PM

I didn’t – sorry for leaving off the /. But yeah, happy to help turn in the impostor smear merchants.

crrr6 on February 25, 2013 at 3:40 PM

We’re all game wardens now

Jackalope on February 25, 2013 at 3:49 PM

The smiling buffoon in the background does little to advance the concept that women should be in combat and affirms that they are weak and feeble minded. It’s as if every word spewed from this thing speaking is of biblical importance.

acyl72 on February 25, 2013 at 3:54 PM

We’re all game wardens now

Jackalope on February 25, 2013 at 3:49 PM

This and more

Plus Biden, the fool, while Flotus parties well:

Americans ‘No Longer Worried’ About Economy…

‘TIRED OF BEING TIRED’…

Schadenfreude on February 25, 2013 at 3:54 PM

crrr6 on February 25, 2013 at 3:05 PM

Allahpundit on February 25, 2013 at 3:31 PM

crrr6 on February 25, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Geez . . . . . what are you tryin’ to do to us, crrr6 ?

That’s one kind of sarc comment you can’t get away with, without sarc/ tag.

listens2glenn on February 25, 2013 at 4:12 PM

lester on February 25, 2013 at 2:19 PM

…go in the corner of moms basement…and lick yourself lester !

stingray9813 on February 25, 2013 …go sodomize yourself sh!thead!

KOOLAID2 on February 25, 2013 at 4:20 PM

Kudos for the update, CJ.

Schadenfreude on February 25, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I’m not really impressed. I have not encountered any of the usuals here ever calling for violence as that individual (likely left-wing plant) just did. Simply pointing out that the comment was removed doesn’t fix the smear, IMHO. Without pointing out that that commenter was banned or that the usual conservative activists around here never talk like that, the implication is just that the mods cleaned up an unsavory remark that drew too much attention.

crrr6 on February 25, 2013 at 4:22 PM

acyl72 on February 25, 2013 at 3:54 PM

I noted that, too. I imagine it was “smile…or else.” Great country we’ve got here. “Popular culture,” indeed. And we “ignore it at our very great peril,” doncha know. So don’t ignore it. Watch it. See it. Mooch Peron smiles down on the masses, in her $10,000 dress with her trashy wig, her semi-literate enunciation, and her military personnel set pieces, and we must not ignore it. We must embrace it. Celebrate it. Or there will be peril. Things could become bad, absurd even. So let’s embrace this “popular culture,” and save ourselves. Let’s do it for the children.

Rational Thought on February 25, 2013 at 4:28 PM

listens2glenn on February 25, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Yeah, sorry about that. Usually my sarcasm is clear enough so that it doesn’t require a /sarc tag. I’ll definitively err more on the side of caution next time – especially in the context of liberal trolls calling for violence.

crrr6 on February 25, 2013 at 4:36 PM

Do you think this might make Jimmy Carter a bit upset?

He, at least, was actually the President while this was going on. He even had parts in the movie and, well, if it wasn’t for him there wouldn’t have been a movie.

JellyToast on February 25, 2013 at 6:25 PM

Since when do you have to sit through a lecture on “our young people” to hear who won best picture. Most of the movies are garbage anyway.

lea on February 25, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Meh – she’s popular and it’s a pop culture show (parading around as a high culture show).

For the committed lefties it was just one more thing that made them love her more (same as her dancing with Jimmy Fallon).

For the non-political it was either a was or the equivalent of Bill Clinton on Arsenio Hall. It’s either a wash or she ends up being more likeable.

For politically active right-leaning folks, it’s annoying, but, neither the Obamas nor the Oscars care to cater to us. In fact, annoying us while making her more likeable is probably seen as a win-win to them.

JadeNYU on February 25, 2013 at 7:22 PM

The WH hearts Hollywood.

Leftists all.

INC on February 25, 2013 at 7:31 PM

I give credit to a poster to Twitter -
Flotus will be “Announcing the next Pope”

diogenes on February 25, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Allahpundit on February 25, 2013 at 3:31 PM

It would be helpful if you guys defined a standard. I have emailed you about very, very shady remarks which that are still live.

Much like The Writer from The Onion should probably not be fired until they define their style guide I think it is difficult for many Hot Air fans to know exactly where that line is.

A good HotAirian joked yesterday about putting a gun up Joe Biden’s butt. I don’t want him banned so I didn’t email you. Instead I remarked to the commenter. I suspect most of us react the same. We judge and decide for ourselves whether to complain or not. We want to help but we need better guidelines.

This needs to be worked out. This blog is WAY too important and visible to be marred with violent and/or illegal rhetoric. The racial stuff is just as problematic.

OTOH this blog is WAY too important to be stifled by overly-restrictive boundaries.

What to do Big Dog? We all respect you and this site. We’re going to need guidance going forward.

Awaiting my smackdown.

Capitalist Hog on February 25, 2013 at 7:34 PM

Not mine. I keep the remote handy.
With a few extra batteries on standby; just in case.
dissent555 on February 25, 2013 at 12:46 PM

That must be a nasty blister you’ve go on your thumb.

tommyboy on February 25, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Nah. I usually just have to hit the “OFF” button once.

However, it would be nice to know if I can get coverage for this under O-Care.

dissent555 on February 25, 2013 at 7:38 PM

Michael Goodwin said it well just now on FNC’s Special Report: Michelle Obama’s appearance radiated “piggy, piggy, piggy”. It was all about her, me me me, and she was overexposed to start with.

Another example of crass versus class.

petefrt on February 25, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Good lord, this thread is dreadful!

I think I’ll go into the archives and get some laughs from the Nov. 6/7 threads.

Never gets old!

chumpThreads on February 25, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Hey, HA webmasters, what’s up with this site for the last two days? Pages aren’t reloading, images aren’t displaying and the videos are on that damned auto play.

petefrt on February 25, 2013 at 8:07 PM

petefrt on February 25, 2013 at 8:07 PM

When I refresh it the page reloads to the top or else to my last comment. It’s been annoying. I’ve updated Java, etc.

INC on February 25, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Shut up! They say.

tom daschle concerned on February 25, 2013 at 8:24 PM

My politics don’t consist of divesting individuals of their bill of rights. Go f yourself.

crrr6 on February 25, 2013 at 11:03 AM

————————————

Is that REALLY necessary??
How incredibly rude.

pastselldate on February 25, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Michelle Obama is starring in a reality theater production funded by Hollywood (and their shadowy moneymen): MILK THE GOVERNMENT UDDER TILL ITS SQUEAKS.

She and Barack are looting – with the assistance of their guilt-ridden colleagues in Leftism- and laughing.

The epitaph for their corruption would be an old Hollywood Hitchcock title: Sabotage.

profitsbeard on February 25, 2013 at 8:29 PM

It gets even worse with movies, where actors get no income at all from their movie’s performance in the theater, and ticket profits go to the rich liberals who own studios and pay lobby money to MPAA.

Archivarix on February 25, 2013 at 12:27 PM

That’s absolutely not true. Actors depend on royalties, especially if they are not big stars. They earn $5k to 50k per movie (depends on how big the role is), the rest comes from DVD sales and TV airings. There are periods in every performer’s life when royalties are the only source of income.

My husband is in the business.

Gelsomina on February 25, 2013 at 8:38 PM

I rarely comment here any more because of all of the junk scripts TownHall jammed into the page when they took over. When I open HA on my phone, it get’s hijacked by autoplay videos. Halfway through composing a comment of any length, some script hijacks the browser and dumps all the fields so it can load a new advertisement.

Seriously: this is a problem.

eh on February 25, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Allahpundit on February 25, 2013 at 3:31 PM

Awaiting my smackdown.

Capitalist Hog on February 25, 2013 at 7:34 PM

No smack down.
You just need an enema.

AllahsNippleHair on February 25, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Seriously: this is a problem.

eh on February 25, 2013 at 8:45 PM

If you have Firefox, you can stop the auto reload.

My problem is something new that I haven’t figure out how to prevent–or if it’s even possible.

INC on February 25, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Moochell’s so-called performance was absolutely despicable. Every time I think the trash in our White House can’t get any lower in the gutter they prove me wrong.

sherrimae on February 25, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Stay classy, HotAir

cornfedbubba on February 25, 2013 at 1:56 PM

I guess they’re done calling her monkey, or is that still going on in last night’s thread?.

Good thing conservatives are in a state of perpetual rage. It offsets their taqiya.

lester on February 25, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Monkey?!? Heck no she’s way too big for that. Gorilla, maybe. Moose, sure. But monkey? What, did you think this was the Onion or something?

Nutstuyu on February 25, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Just to be clear on this, the comment Charles Johnson documented at his site was posted at about 1:55PM.

Johnson published his post about it no more than fifteen minutes later at about 2:10PM.

The comment itself stood for less than fifty minutes, using steebo77′s comment as a reliable marker.

Either we are to believe that Johnson monitors this site 24/7 or we have a classic case of Johnson passing a classic “moby” comment as if it were genuine with full knowledge and participation. in fact, the form of his post suggests that Johnson only clicked over to HA at the prompt of being alerted to machismo’s comment.

Or it was a coincidence.

*…and, no: I’m not suggesting Johnson posted the comment himself, only that it must have been as clear to him as it is to anyone else what the “tip” he received was, and he went to press with it anyway because he’s just that kind of guy.

eh on February 25, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Awaiting my smackdown.

Capitalist Hog on February 25, 2013 at 7:34 PM

What the hell is “illegal rhetoric”??

Nutstuyu on February 25, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Don’t be so obvious.

Machismo.

eh on February 25, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Don’t feed the obvious troll. He knows what you’re referring to. He’s playing a character. Don’t feed him his lines.

eh on February 25, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Ben Stein said it best:

But the ultimate was the end of the show, in which Mrs. Obama, live from the White House, wearing what looked like a large roll of aluminum foil, stood with a bunch of military aides in dress uniforms announcing Best Picture. I always like to see the military honored — and rightly so. But the sight of so much military around the First Lady, who holds no official post, smacks of Evita Peron.

However, Mrs. Obama, who apparently never had a happy day until her husband ran for President, was obviously enjoying herself immensely, so, it’s all fine. It does make clear, though, that even being President is a step or two under being a big power in Hollywood. What do First Ladies aspire to? Why, Hollywood, of course. My wife tells me Mrs. Obama was on a show on Saturday doing some kind of dance. She said she was not impressed.

Well, my own idiot fault for watching the Oscars in the first place. It’s never good. Too much ego in one room. Tonight, the Obama ego and the Hollywood ego. I thought my TV would melt. And what’s all this whining about the sequester and people being laid off? Let them eat red carpet.

INC on February 25, 2013 at 9:48 PM

My two cents on the “Moochelle” stuff:

I don’t much care about people saying mean stuff about public figures on the internet one way or the other, but, while Bush Derangement was so weird, vile, creepy and voluminous (not to mention codified by the mainstream) that Obama-haters would need him to win a fifth term to catch up with it, the point has long passed since the nasty stuff said about Laura Bush by progressives has been surpassed by conservatives saying nasty stuff about Michelle Obama. It’s far out from under the umbrella of tu quoque, as weak as that is. And a shot at the first lady is really of a magnitude less tasteful than a shot at the president.

Not playing language cop, just letting you all know what the status is. The theater of canned histrionics which rolls out at every mention of the First Lady doesn’t portray you well.

eh on February 25, 2013 at 9:50 PM

wearing what looked like a large roll of aluminum foil

Someone thought she needed another roll.

Iran covers up the First Bosom: News agency digitally alters Michelle Obama’s Oscars gown to make it look more modest

Brat on February 25, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Just to underline what I was laying out about the obvious nature of the moby comment and Charles Johnson’s use of it:

The comment was posted at about 1:55PM and within the fifteen minutes which followed:

- Someone saw it and emailed it to Johnson
- Johnson finished what he was doing with his usual FOX Nation cherrypicking thread and clicked over to HA
- Johnson sifted through about 180 comments looking for other specimens
- He cuts and pastes about twelve of them, sits back, Doogie Hauser style and comes up with a pithy closing.
- Runs spellcheck, buttons it up and clicks the post button.

Basically, he received notice of the thing no more than a minute after it was posted.

Johnson is too paranoid to leave his own IP addy in the hands of “the enemy” (and Allahpundit would be too classy to make use of that info anyway). Also, Johnson does this stuff for the negative attention. Consequently, he hasn’t really mentioned HA since he picked a fight with Allahpundit and Allahpundit ignored him to death. So, his choice to smear HA today was not of his own whim. It was clearly prompted by a “tip”.

eh on February 25, 2013 at 10:10 PM

why do the obama’s always need human props?
1st the kids (after NewTown)
2nd the fire/emergency personal
3rd the military for the Oscars?

Really, these people has as much class as my beagle licking herself. At least when I tell the dog to stop it-it listens.

mmcnamer1 on February 25, 2013 at 10:13 PM

The military WH social aides would have already been at the WH because of the governors’ dinner that was held Sunday night.

I imagine they were corralled into being background for MO.

INC on February 25, 2013 at 10:39 PM

chumpTesticles on February 25, 2013 at 8:07 PM

…go chew yourself chump!

KOOLAID2 on February 25, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Good lord, this thread is dreadful!

Never gets old!

chumpThreads on February 25, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Good for you. These days, I get my kicks from crossing the river into DC and watching Obama’s base, often clad with Obama hats or tee shirts, distressing over filling up their old jalopies at $4/gallon and too stupid to realize the connection.

crrr6 on February 25, 2013 at 10:50 PM

Is that REALLY necessary??
How incredibly rude.

pastselldate on February 25, 2013 at 8:26 PM

CH is basically the David Frum of Hot Gas. In summation, yes.

crrr6 on February 25, 2013 at 10:52 PM

You just need an enema.

AllahsNippleHair on February 25, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Thanks buddy.

I’m not hiring. I’m sure you’ll find work soon.

Capitalist Hog on February 25, 2013 at 10:56 PM

You just need an enema.

AllahsNippleHair on February 25, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Thanks buddy.

I’m not hiring. I’m sure you’ll find work soon.

Capitalist Hog on February 25, 2013 at 10:56 PM

You need an entire team.
Try Craig’s List.

AllahsNippleHair on February 25, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Del Dolemonte on February 25, 2013 at 3:32 PM

LGF was the loudest in accepting credit, but the evidence suggests that Johnson swiped his sole contribution, the famous “throbbing gif”, from a blogger named Jeremy Chrysler.

Schadenfreude on February 25, 2013 at 3:34 PM

Don’t bother crediting him. He only updated the post because you essentially dared him not to and he’s essentially a child.

eh on February 25, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Good lord, this thread is dreadful!

Never gets old!

chumpThreads on February 25, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Your candidate/incumbent lost the college graduate vote in 2012.

Never gets old!

Del Dolemonte on February 25, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Laura did this in 2002…. Why is this a big deal now?

libfreeordie on February 25, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Very nice words spoken by the Mooch about something made up and make believe. Not a word about Chris Kyle or any of our other soldiers who put it all on the line every day they are deployed for real.

Kissmygrits on February 26, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Great! They can’t keep a secret about the drone program, who’s gonna be nominated for a high post, or when the prezzy’s gonna play golf with a famous pro, but this they kept quiet about. They reallly have their priorities straight.

Kissmygrits on February 26, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Monarch Michelle Obama, from a big leftist.

Schadenfreude on February 26, 2013 at 12:53 AM

Dude – too good to check. Are the military folks blinking out messages in Morse code?

Watch the video (muted, of course) and check out the guy on the far right and the lady just to the right of Michelle.

pt on February 26, 2013 at 1:03 AM

Ive heard somewhere that dissidence is the highest form of patriotism.

Machismo on May 24, 2012 at 4:46 PM

That’s the troll who got banned today? Sounds like a Moby projecting that because of its personal Bush derangement, conservatives *must* feel the same way about Obama. Good riddance.

The troll’s projection is the same as liberals like Chuckles Johnson who are the ones obsessed with race, and keep bringing it up on topics like Moochelle at the Oscars, that have zilch to do with the race. They will never judge Michelle Obama by the content of her character, because the color of her skin’s all that matters to them as a political weapon. They’ve turned ‘racist’ into the most powerful cudgel in American public life and use it to keep black voters on the Dem plantation. Blacks voted for Obama 95-5. It’s difficult to get any large group of people to agree more than 80-20 even on any trivial issue, much less a vote for President. It’s clear to thinking people that the real racism is wielded on the Dem side of the aisle.

sauldalinsky on February 26, 2013 at 1:56 AM

Nothing to get upset about. I’m just glad that FLOTUS didn’t present the Best Picture award to The One.

Would that really be any more ridiculous than him getting a Nobel Peace Prize?

There Goes The Neighborhood on February 26, 2013 at 1:58 AM

‘Sequestration MUST happen….We MUST make cuts…We do NOT have a spending problem…’Across-the-Board Cuts will devastate our military…Illegals will flood across the border…children will lose health care, millions will lose their jobs – armageddon…cats & dogs living together – mass hysteria…and although it is MY plan, it is all the GOP’s fault”…so says the ‘Fear-Monger-in-Chief’ who is more focused on ‘teaching the GOP a lesson/destroying the GOP than leading the country.

No spending probem?! No government waste that could be targeted?! EVERY one of these movies up for an Oscar – every ‘hit movie’ that recently came out received TAX-PAYER-FUNDED ‘subsidies’! ‘Jango’, for example, received OVER $8 MILLION from the government! These millionaires & the movie companies producing their movies are charging $12+ a ticket (30 years ago it was $1 a ticket)…and STILL getting millions in our-tax-dollar-funded money from the Govt! And in return they donate pretty heavily to the Obama administration!

HYPOCRISY?! The Obamas are demonising ‘the rich’, demonizing the GOP who are standing up against the socialist mantra of ‘paying one’s fair share’ when the top 5% of Americans are already paying over 60% of ALL the taxes paid in this country. Why don’t these Hollywood millionaires have to pay THEIR fare share? Oh yeah – because they kiss the Obama’s @$$e# & drink from the Liberal Kool-Aid dispenser!

Allowing the woman who said she was never proud of her country until her husband was voted in as President to present the self-gratifying Oscar award for best picture is a small price to pay for getting hundreds of billions in ‘subsidies’. Millionaires are ‘evil’… unless they are OBAMA’S millionaires Hollywood elites, Soros, etc…)

Obama wants to cut out subsidies for ‘big oil’ – go for it. And while you’re at it, cut out all the subsidies for ‘big Hollywood’ as well!

easyt65 on February 26, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Vile mooch…

Pest on February 26, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Well who is going to tell her she can’t?

Denver Bob on February 26, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Obama is given a useless, meaningless award his 1st term (Nobel Peace Prize for ‘Potential’, & she gets to GIVE out a useless, meaningless award….makes sense.

easyt65 on February 26, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Let’s transfer those two females standing behind Michelle Antoinette to an infantry platoon and see how long they smile. It will be good for their careers, don’t ya know.

SpiderMike on February 26, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Please make this disgusting human excrement disappear off the front page post haste.

tom daschle concerned on February 27, 2013 at 9:42 PM