Video: FLOTUS presents Best Picture award at the Oscars for some reason

posted at 10:41 am on February 25, 2013 by Allahpundit

Reagan taped a video message for the Oscars in 1981, but of course Reagan had a Hollywood pedigree — actor in more than 75 films/TV shows, SAG president for eight terms, governor of California for two terms. The ’81 Oscars were held just two months after he was inaugurated, too; his acting career was a more prominent part of his public image at that point than it would be eight years later. So when President Clooney strolls out to award Best Picture 15 years from now, don’t make a fuss. There’s precedent for that. For this, though? Hmmmm.

If you believe Deadline, it wasn’t the White House’s idea. It was Harvey Weinstein’s:

Afterward, the Obama staff put out a statement on how it came together: “The Academy Awards approached the First Lady about being a part of the ceremony. As a movie lover, she was honored to present the award and celebrate the artists who inspire us all — especially our young people — with their passion, skill and imagination.”

The idea of getting the First Lady on the show first came from Lily Weinstein, who mentioned it to her big Obama contributor dad Harvey, who suggested it to the Oscar producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron and Academy president Hawk Koch. The group flew to DC a week and a half ago to put the logistics together with the White House. The Oscar producers told Deadline’s Pete Hammond earlier this week that they “were being like the CIA” about a couple of surprises on the show, keeping things top secret. In towns like Hollywood and DC where people love to talk, they pulled it off. There was no indication on the show’s rundown and most of the people on the Oscars had no idea who the secret guest would be. “I knew we could do it and we did it,” Koch told Deadline tonight about keeping Obama’s name under wraps.

I believe it. I’d bet this is less about The One trying to insinuate himself into the Oscars than about some sort of ego match between the Golden Globes and Academy Awards generally and, maybe, Steven Spielberg and Harvey Weinstein specifically. Spielberg, remember, got Bill Clinton to introduce “Lincoln” at the Globes. How do you top an ex-president? With a sitting president, of course — or the next best thing, if the president’s unavailable. In fact, the surprise isn’t that FLOTUS agreed, it’s that Weinstein couldn’t get Obama himself to do it. I’m sure that idea was floated; for all the heat O takes about dodging the press, he makes an exception every year for an interview during the Super Bowl pre-game show because it earns him face time with a gigantic audience. The Oscars was another opportunity for that, but in the end I assume his team decided that there simply wouldn’t be enough political bang for the buck. He’s not running again, he wouldn’t have much of a chance to push his talking points on guns or whatever if he’s simply presenting an award, and he’d surely take heat the next day for reducing the presidency to some sort of glorified emcee for film-industry jackholes. (If they had asked him last year, before the election, who knows what he would have said?) And yet, it’d be a shame to pass up a chance to remind America that their president is A Very Big Deal, enough so that he not only gets to announce Best Picture but gets Jack Nicholson to introduce him. Solution, then: Let Michelle do it. The public likes her, and insofar as Weinstein and the Oscars were interested chiefly in having their own importance affirmed with this stunt, a reigning First Lady will do nearly as well as the big O.

If nothing else, FLOTUS’s cameo managed to annoy Iranian media, which is always gratifying.

Update: Are those service members behind Michelle, by the way? Were they given a choice about whether they wanted to appear?

Update: Too much overexposure at last?

Update: On second thought, was this a quid pro quo? Stephanie Cutter goes to bat for Weinstein’s pet Oscar-bait project and in return FLOTUS gets a big cameo at the end of the show?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

What a cow!

She and him diminish the WH, daily.

Schadenfreude on February 25, 2013 at 12:16 PM

KA-PLA…!

Seven Percent Solution on February 25, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Bangs. Longer. Please!!!!!!!!

Carnac on February 25, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Stealing a digital copy does not decrease the owner’s capitalization; in fact, in case of music, it makes the performers marginally richer by increasing their popularity…[snip]

Archivarix on February 25, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Just thought this deserved a reply. I don’t get this argument. If a performer becomes more popular due to missing out on profits from torrented music, but all the new fans also steal (your word, interestingly) the digital music, it absolutely does decrease the owner’s capitalization. All the owner’s profits depend upon people being honest (or if they can’t swing that, following the law) or he/she does lose money. And lots of it.

inviolet on February 25, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Shameful but not surprising.
Comparable to if you go to a sporting event and then see a political figure on the jumbotron.

22044 on February 25, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Allahpundit said:

Oh, they pushed their talking points…

no matter where you come from, what you look like, or who you love.

- Barack Obama, State of the Union address February 12, 2013

no matter who we are, what we look like, where we come from and who we love.

- Michelle Obama, announcing Best Picture at Oscars February 25, 2013

Their talking point is that if you don’t accept homosexuality as normal, then you are equivalent to a racist. And both Obamas have pushed that talking point very publicly in the last two weeks.

ITguy on February 25, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Yeah because slow-jamming talking points about college loans on late night talk shows is dignified but presenting an Oscar somehow would be beneath his dignity?

I’ve never been ashamed of my nation until now. When I travel this summer, I think I’ll tell people I’m from Canada.

Happy Nomad on February 25, 2013 at 12:25 PM

22044 on February 25, 2013 at 12:24 PM

More akin to going to a sporting event and seeing a political figure chasing the opposing team’s mascot around the field. In clown shoes. Covered in whipped cream.

Happy Nomad on February 25, 2013 at 12:27 PM

inviolet on February 25, 2013 at 12:20 PM

Oh my, you really have no clue how art industry operates, and how it fared prior to CDMA, do you?

Outside of pop megastars, most music performers derive a lion’s share of their income from concerts, not CD sales. Most money from CD sales goes to the recording studios, who pays money to RIAA to lobby its interests in the Congress. It gets even worse with movies, where actors get no income at all from their movie’s performance in the theater, and ticket profits go to the rich liberals who own studios and pay lobby money to MPAA. The only industry where copying directly harms the producer is PC gaming – and, amazingly, they are also the last to chase after citizens and their Internet activities. That may have something to do with the fact that they have no official lobby in the Congress…

Archivarix on February 25, 2013 at 12:27 PM

The Obamas think they are royalty, and they think their subjects like having them in their face at all times.

Given the disastrous election results in November I can’t even really say that they are wrong.

And, yes, I very well could see Mooch running in 2016. The `Rat bench is very thin and the Soros/Goldman Sachs cabal might not be willing to back Barry for a 3rd term.

wildcat72 on February 25, 2013 at 12:29 PM

The Obama’s are the Kardashians of American politics. They haven’t a single talent or accomplishement yet they’re in our faces 24/7.

RobertE on February 25, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Why were we paying
Soldiers to be a backdrop
For this photo op?

These service men and women were kept overtime late into the night to be a brocaded human backdrop. They served no function other than decoration. Surely we are not to think that the First Lady hangs out with service men and women at social occasions!

Haiku Guy on February 25, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Haiku Guy on February 25, 2013 at 12:29 PM

“All this for a flag?” -Mooch Obama

wildcat72 on February 25, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Also, for everyone worried about piracy harming Hollywood, think of how Hollywood lobbies for move-making tax breaks, using White House to steal money directly from your pockets. As a soviet proverb has it, “no matter how much you steal from the government, you cannot catch up with what it steals from you”.

Archivarix on February 25, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Video: FLOTUS presents Best Picture award at the Oscars for some reason

This is a joke, right??

ToddPA on February 25, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Think of last night’s Oscars as a de facto Democrat kickoff event for Ben Affleck’s Senate campaign.

Christien on February 25, 2013 at 12:33 PM

She must fancy herself a queen or empress, with the background and glitz.

Her mug is always telling the trash she is.

Schadenfreude on February 25, 2013 at 12:37 PM

I am tired of seeing giddy service members posted behind POTUS and FLOTUS at all of these events. Useful idiots, and yes, you do have a choice. Most of those you see are rear echelon pogue types, and based on my experience are becoming very liberal.

gator70 on February 25, 2013 at 12:39 PM

I haven’t watched the Oscars, since Patton got the award for Best Picture.

I’ll assume that the Queen/1 percenter was in even more expensive shoes – than her earlier pair of $500 sneakers?

OhEssYouCowboys on February 25, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Christien on February 25, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Ben Affleck wouldn’t be the worst Democrat in the Senate. A guy who can win a poker tournament may be liberal but at this point I’ll take a smart liberal over a retarded one in Washington.

Archivarix on February 25, 2013 at 12:39 PM

On Rush:

Argo – movie about rescue of embassy personnel in Iran
Barack Obama – failed to resuce embassy personnel in Libya
Michelle Obama – presents Best Picture to Argo

Irony Alert.

Nutstuyu on February 25, 2013 at 12:40 PM

Wordsmith

This captures what the Obama think of the servicepeople, including those forced to stand behind the queen. What garbage inhabit the WH, for world shame!

Schadenfreude on February 25, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Archivarix on February 25, 2013 at 12:27 PM

You’re right. I really have no clue how art industry operates.

So…could you explain to me how “stealing” (your word, remember) a recording company’s investment, and multiplying that one-sale loss of profit by millions of other dishonest people, is going to encourage record companies to award bigger contracts in the long run to those non-megastar performers whose (presumably) long term interests you claim to be putting first?

Or could it be that this is rationalization for getting free stuff on other people’s backs?

Not sure. I’m not a record company or a performer. I just know how I feel when I invest a lot in something and people just come and help themselves with no thought to the time/work/money I put in. If I want to have the music on a CD, I buy it. And if I want to go to a concert, I pay for it. People should get paid for their work. Even if they’re an evil recording studio exec. ;) .

inviolet on February 25, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Michelle’s 2016 campaign kickoff.

Mr. Arrogant on February 25, 2013 at 12:41 PM

The Obama’s are the Kardashians of American politics. They haven’t a single talent or accomplishment yet they’re in our faces 24/7.

RobertE on February 25, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Oh, come on. Obviously, both Obamas can read. I am not so sure about the Kardashians.

Archivarix on February 25, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Obama – *failed to rescue*

Nutstuyu on February 25, 2013 at 12:42 PM

I’m so very tired.

Mason on February 25, 2013 at 12:44 PM

Except for the one ever-grinning short servicelady, the others acted as if they were taken hostage by a monster.

Schadenfreude on February 25, 2013 at 12:45 PM

RobertE on February 25, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Not mine. I keep the remote handy.

With a few extra batteries on standby; just in case.

dissent555 on February 25, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Big Butt Moola is getting ready to spend another $1.5 bil for her and the evil kenyans VaCa.

Will the media ask the Moola or the punk about the price
of gas. . .No They won’t Nope Nada Never.

Texyank on February 25, 2013 at 12:47 PM

Michelle Obama is very talented. She diminished the White House and the Academy Awards at the same time.

kingsjester on February 25, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Archivarix on February 25, 2013 at 12:39 PM

He has to start lower down and pay his dues. No more of this garbage where celebrity Dems get to cut their political teeth starting off in the United States Senate. FFS, you don’t start off an A-lister in Hollywood.

Christien on February 25, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Bmore, you da man!

On topic, trash loves trash.

Schadenfreude on February 25, 2013 at 12:50 PM

inviolet on February 25, 2013 at 12:41 PM

As I said, I don’t really need a rationalization for stealing from Hollywood, since they are so busy stealing from me via tax code. I can download every movie and still won’t break even.

If I want a computer game, I download it and try playing. If I like it, I send the full price of the game to the manufacturer (via GoG.com or similar website), as to encourage them to hire more artists and make more good games. If I don’t, I delete my copy – it is a normal human idea of not paying for a bad item that doesn’t fulfill its purpose (pleasing me). Same goes for music and movies, though Netflix has limited my torrenting to few foreign movies they don’t offer, and those are not copyrighted in US anyway.

As for pompous, self-righteous asses like you, when the government orders you to assume a doggy position, I recommend you to to use only FDA-approved lubricant. Bad things may happen if you don’t.

Archivarix on February 25, 2013 at 12:51 PM

Of course it was even easier than that.

I avoided watching the Oscar’s alltogether.

Ignorance sometimes IS bliss.

dissent555 on February 25, 2013 at 12:52 PM

Christien on February 25, 2013 at 12:50 PM

There is no law against running for U.S. Senate if you’re a Hollywood celeb. Voters deserve being represented by a pretty lady-part that is as stupid as themselves – and in Affleck’s case, he is likely smarter than most sitting Senators, not to mention the clown duo in the White House.

Archivarix on February 25, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Not mine. I keep the remote handy.
With a few extra batteries on standby; just in case.
dissent555 on February 25, 2013 at 12:46 PM

That must be a nasty blister you’ve go on your thumb.

tommyboy on February 25, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Archivarix on February 25, 2013 at 12:51 PM

*gently laughs* Heh. Was wondering when the ad hominem was going to come out. About the time you couldn’t justify the “stealing” (hey, your word), I suspected.

And more to the point, there are legal ways to sample art that you’re not sure you want to buy. And — how do I say this gently — if you’d read the thread you’d have seen my comment at the bottom of the last page where I made clear there’s a difference between doing everything the government says, and wanting to make sure people get paid for what they do. Just sayin’.

inviolet on February 25, 2013 at 12:59 PM

Not mine. I keep the remote handy.

With a few extra batteries on standby; just in case.

dissent555 on February 25, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Yep, if I even suspect I’m going to have to hear one of them speak I change the station.

wildcat72 on February 25, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Archivarix on February 25, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Be that as it may, it is still a really bad idea electing inexperienced boys to do a man’s job.

Christien on February 25, 2013 at 1:04 PM

It really is a shame they decided to do this, this was the first oscars i had enjoyed in years mainly because there were no politics (don’t ever watch during an election year or republican presidency because they’ll be insufferable), but also becasue McFarlane was dong a good job, but then they did this and really put a pall over the entire show.

clearbluesky on February 25, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Die autoplay videos, die now.

clearbluesky on February 25, 2013 at 1:08 PM

inviolet on February 25, 2013 at 12:59 PM

That’s not an ad hominem, silly, it is a recommendation. Some people just take law too seriously, forgetting that laws and orders given by criminals are also criminal. Our Founding Fathers didn’t show much respect for the King’s Law, particularly to the custom tax code in it. I’m sure there were plenty of people like you who didn’t approve of it. Speaking of you, do you like Obamacare? Hey, it’s the law of the land now, so you’re supposed to obey and like every moment of it.

And, before engaging in a discussion on this particular topic, I suggest you beef up on how entertainment industry operates. Look for terms like “monopoly pricing”, “tax breaks”, “lobbying”, “CDMA”, “fair use”. The book “Free Culture” by Lawrence Lessig comes highly recommended as a starting point.

Archivarix on February 25, 2013 at 1:09 PM

clearbluesky on February 25, 2013 at 1:06 PM

Yep. I had it on in the other room, and when they introduced MO to introduce the award it was instant facepalm. I’d like to thank The Academy for that smoof moof–way to crap the bed, guys. Isn’t that what they call method acting?

Christien on February 25, 2013 at 1:11 PM

You get the feeling these dilettantes (both Michelle and her wife) are going to have a REALLY hard time being ex-monarchs. Their attention addiction is going to make Bubba’s retirement look like W’s.

SoRight on February 25, 2013 at 10:47 AM

I doubt that Michelle Obama will cease and desist her self-idealization; I’m guessing that Weinstein or Oprah or someone like that if not those two together have some sort of media deal lined up for her. Like Farrakhan, like Sharpton, Michelle Obama almost certainly will be continuing her celebrity-martyr-bigmommy routine after the WH.

Lourdes on February 25, 2013 at 1:11 PM

Those trying to justify it would see it more clearly if they were the ones spending thousands and sometimes millions to invest bringing a CD or movie to life, only to have people steal their work with no compunction.

And protecting our Second Amendment constitutional rights through (future) civil disobedience against unjust laws that take away that right, isn’t at all the same thing as stealing someone else’s work, and I suspect crrr6 knows it.

inviolet on February 25, 2013 at 12:15 PM

I agree that it is unscrupulous and borderline illegal (if I’m downloading movies from recorded TV broadcasts without copyright warnings, it’s at least murky), but I don’t care either way.

The way I see it, we are fighting a cold c1vil war right now, and stealing from my enemy is duly justified. The fusion of Hollywood and elected national Democrats couldn’t be any more clear last night.

These are not JFK Democrats we’re talking about here. They are full-blown radicalized Marxists who only carry the D for purposes of electability and who do not seek to win debates with you – they seek to silence you. If they could get away with criminaliznig dissent, I firmly believe most of them would.

crrr6 on February 25, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Christien on February 25, 2013 at 1:04 PM

Well, I’m not so sure about experience. Mike Lee (R-Ut) was 39 when he was elected. John McCain (R-Az) is older than some sequoias in the National Park. Whom do you prefer, personally?

Archivarix on February 25, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Archivarix on February 25, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Why aren’t they offering their wares for free? Aren’t they supporting “sharing the wealth”. Obviously they have lots of it if last night was any indication (how many people could be fed with the price of one of those dresses, for instance?).

SHARE THE WEALTH! What? Not *THIS* wealth???

kim roy on February 25, 2013 at 1:13 PM

kingsjester on February 25, 2013 at 12:48 PM

Yes, and playing “being the First Lady” while making that position into trash and foolish seems to be her ‘finest hour’.

Lourdes on February 25, 2013 at 1:14 PM

They insert themselves into everything.

JellyToast on February 25, 2013 at 1:15 PM

That’s not an ad hominem, silly, it is a recommendation.

Archivarix on February 25, 2013 at 1:09 PM

Calling someone a “self righteous ass” because you’re having a disagreement with them is most definitely ad hominem.

And I’m not talking about the law. I’m talking about it being morally right for someone to get paid for their work. We can disagree about how much but the market has set the price. If I don’t like it I can move on to other, cheaper forms of entertainment.

inviolet on February 25, 2013 at 1:15 PM

crrr6 on February 25, 2013 at 10:57 AM

So you approve of people committing crimes against you because of your politics?

Scum.

Capitalist Hog on February 25, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Sharing the wealth! They didn’t build that!

kim roy on February 25, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Whom do you prefer, personally?

Archivarix on February 25, 2013 at 1:12 PM

Why you or someone just like you, of course! I think you would do a much better job than any of those other people. If you’re not interested in or qualified for the job, then I’ll have to back Maaaaatt Daaaaaaaamon. LOL!

Christien on February 25, 2013 at 1:22 PM

inviolet on February 25, 2013 at 1:15 PM

You do realize you are arguing for people who have used Sarah Palin as a chew toy and propagandizes against conservatives on a regular basis. You are arguing for people that harbor and elevate criminals and felons and rapists on a regular basis.

You do realize you are arguing for the poster children for hypocrisy in that they are the wealthiest group of people, talking about paying more taxes yet would you bet any money that they aren’t taking advantage of loopholes and off-shores?

I’m waiting for them to start sharing the wealth and paying more. Yet here you are speaking about morality with respect to Hollywood.

Really? Seriously?

kim roy on February 25, 2013 at 1:23 PM

inviolet on February 25, 2013 at 1:15 PM

You cannot possibly suggest a moral justification for giving my money to a group of people who continuously steals my money AND uses it to lobby for policies that are against my interests, and expect not to be called a “self-righteous ass”. Well, kill the ass part, call it “donkey”. Because that’s what Democrats usually do.

You have, unfortunately, shown a rather limited knowledge of entertainment industry, but I assumed your economics would be better. Have you heard that there is no such thing as “market pricing” when a particular field is monopolized? Perhaps you will, when your utility companies quadruple your electricity and gas prices, and meet your protest with a suggestion to sell your house and move elsewhere.

Archivarix on February 25, 2013 at 1:26 PM

kim roy on February 25, 2013 at 1:23 PM

They also made a movie about assassinating GWB. I fully support any nonviolent negative response to this cabal, legal or illegal.

crrr6 on February 25, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Christien on February 25, 2013 at 1:22 PM

Gosh, not Matt Damon – the guy is a raving imbecile. But I could live with Di Caprio or Affleck if they run in a blue state. They cannot be opossibly worse than Feinstein or Menendez, could they?

As for me, let’s say I’m not qualified to run. Yeah, I know, it didn’t hold Obama back. :)

Archivarix on February 25, 2013 at 1:30 PM

I hear Weinstein is looking for a movie version of “The Jeffersons”.

Obama will be great as George, a man who operates a bunch of laundermats. After all, he has taken America to the cleaners.

And Michelle as Weezy will be a natural…bossing Obama around.

SmallGovtGuy on February 25, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Archivarix on February 25, 2013 at 1:30 PM

I guess that leaves someone just like you, then. *sigh*

Christien on February 25, 2013 at 1:33 PM

“For some reason”?

Because this is what the United States has sunken to.

Shy Guy on February 25, 2013 at 1:35 PM

And Michelle as Weezy will be a natural…bossing Obama around.

SmallGovtGuy on February 25, 2013 at 1:32 PM

If Obama’s in it, it’ll be Fred Sanford and his deceased wife, Weezy.

Christien on February 25, 2013 at 1:36 PM

crrr6 on February 25, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Considering the chaos they have created through their behaviors and advocacy, they are the last people/group that I’d be shedding any kind of tears for.

Morality? I always show the courtesy of playing by the house rules and in the House of Hollywood there is no such thing as “morality”.

They’ve had unencumbered power for too long. If some people find that chipping away at their funding might be useful, then so be it. I’m all ears for other ways to neuter them.

kim roy on February 25, 2013 at 1:41 PM

For FLO’s next trick, pres. Oscar 4 BP:

“Burdens: How My Husband Went To Bed And Let 4 Americans Heroes Die In Benghazi…& Cried.”

Resist We Much on February 25, 2013 at 1:45 PM

And Michelle as Weezy will be a natural…bossing Obama around.

SmallGovtGuy on February 25, 2013 at 1:32 PM

If Obama’s in it, it’ll be Fred Sanford and his deceased wife, Elizabeth.

Christien on February 25, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Fixed.

Although Michelle reminds me more of Aunt Esther…

Del Dolemonte on February 25, 2013 at 1:46 PM

As a student of American communist history, this actually makes sense.
Hollywood was infiltrated by communists back ni the day & Michelle is married to a communist.
Communists need to stick together & pat each other on the back.

Badger40 on February 25, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Stay classy, HotAir
cornfedbubba on February 25, 2013 at 1:56 PM

I think it’s time for both of you to head back to Kos.

crrr6 on February 25, 2013 at 2:00 PM

SmallGovtGuy on February 25, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Selecting the spin cycle on a single machine maybe…if somebody put the coins in for him. But operating a bunch of landermats? Who’d believe that?

Barnestormer on February 25, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Del Dolemonte on February 25, 2013 at 1:46 PM

What are you talking about, Willis? I clearly recall Obama clutching his chest and exclaiming, “I’m coming, Weezy!”

Christien on February 25, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Inspire young people? Really?

Are any of the movies in the Best Picture category appropriate for young people?

terryannonline on February 25, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Don’t be surprised if Michelle Obama doesn’t compete against Hillary Clinton for the Presidency in 2016 … and don’t be surprised that U.S. voters are dumb enough to elect her.

bw222 on February 25, 2013 at 2:11 PM

So Django and Unchained inspire young people? Wow.

terryannonline on February 25, 2013 at 2:12 PM

I hope the majority of the commentators in this vile thread die in your sleep. Dead serious…the world would be a better place.

stingray9813 on February 25, 2013 at 2:15 PM

i’m late to this thread, but i have to get this off my chest:

GET THIS UGLY MAN LOOKING PIG OFF MY TELEVISION SET!!!

GhoulAid on February 25, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Stay classy, HotAir

cornfedbubba on February 25, 2013 at 1:56 PM

I guess they’re done calling her monkey, or is that still going on in last night’s thread?.

Good thing conservatives are in a state of perpetual rage. It offsets their taqiya.

lester on February 25, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Umm being a Senator and a President involves work!!

Illinidiva on February 25, 2013 at 11:03 AM

No they don’t. Her husband is proof of that.

totherightofthem on February 25, 2013 at 2:19 PM

stingray9813 on February 25, 2013 at 2:15 PM

awwww….

I’d like to build the world a home
And furnish it with love
Grow apple trees and honey bees
And snow white turtle doves

I’d like to teach the world to sing
In perfect harmony
I’d like to hold it in my arms
And keep it company

I’d like to see the world for once
All standing hand in hand
And hear them echo through the hills
For peace throughout the land

That’s the song I hear
Let the world sing today
A song of peace

And snow white turtle doves

I’d like to teach the world to sing
In perfect harmony
I’d like to hold it in my arms
And keep it company

GhoulAid on February 25, 2013 at 2:20 PM

why wasn’t Han by his side?

tom daschle concerned on February 25, 2013 at 2:21 PM

SHARE THE WEALTH! What? Not *THIS* wealth???

kim roy on February 25, 2013 at 1:13 PM

I actually thought they did “spread the wealth” of Oscars last night. First they nominate nine movies (couldn’t find a 10th that was deserving?). It used to be only 5 movies…now they upped that to 10. It totally dilutes the “Best Picture” category. No clear big winner either. There were really only 5 movies in contention:

Life of Pi
Django Unchained
Lincoln
Silver Lining Playbook
Argo

Les Mis was never going to win because Chicago already won in a weak year, but they even threw Anne Hathaway a bone. Zero Dark Thirty? Never had a chance.

Of the big awards: DJango got 2, supporting actor and screenplay; Les Mis for best supporting actor; Life of Pi won for director, adapted screenplay; SLP won for best actress; Lincoln for best actor; Argo best picture.

Hollywood spread the awards around except for Zero Dark Thirty.

monalisa on February 25, 2013 at 2:21 PM

lester on February 25, 2013 at 2:19 PM

i called her a pig, just to switch things up a bit. =)

GhoulAid on February 25, 2013 at 2:22 PM

So Barack Obama is going on and on about how we need all these gun regulations because they kill people. Then sends his wife to honor an organization that glorifies violence.

I’m willing to bet that 90% of the movies nominated in the Best Pic have some violence in it. In Silver Linings Playback he nearly beats a man to death.

Quentin Taranto is the most violent director I’ve ever seen.

terryannonline on February 25, 2013 at 2:22 PM

stingray9813 on February 25, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Thank you for the dropping by with that message of bridge building from lefty land.

Not showing reverence for the two left wing Chicago grifters is the capital sin in the hive.

Bless your heart.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on February 25, 2013 at 2:23 PM

My wife and I watched exactly, to the last decimal point, ZERO of Mrs ZERO or any of “0″scar. I hope the peeps liked it. Seems they like all manner of “0″.

Limerick on February 25, 2013 at 2:24 PM

stingray9813 on February 25, 2013 at 2:15 PM

You make me weep. I went to a political rally/memorial for those people shot by that democrat campaign worker in Tuscon az. we all got t-shirts that said together we thrive™

We don’t thrive together?

tom daschle concerned on February 25, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Scum.

Capitalist Hog on February 25, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Heh, this coming from you was the Irony of all Days. Find a mirror, hypocrite. They will shatter when you look into.

No one should commit such, but yours commit it all day long, every day, fool.

Schadenfreude on February 25, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Bless your heart.

Dr. Carlo Lombardi on February 25, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Please be the first(of many) not to wake up tomorrow. Racist trash.

stingray9813 on February 25, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Can’t wait until we get those big portraits hanging in the town squares.

JellyToast on February 25, 2013 at 2:26 PM

stingray9813 on February 25, 2013 at 2:15 PM

This, ladies and gents, is a typical ‘erudite’ socialist nationalist. They are Never truly liberal or progressive. They also forgot what they called all the R presidents and their first ladies, the swine.

I sincerely apologize to swine, the world over.

May hypocrisy engulf you, rats in a latrine. Suffocate from what you consume, you plankton-brained nitwits.

Schadenfreude on February 25, 2013 at 2:27 PM

stingray9813, learn engrish, u stupid trash.

tom daschle concerned on February 25, 2013 at 2:27 PM

stingray9813 on February 25, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Sweet. Just sweet. So glad I let my grandkids be informed about the Stingrays in life. They pay attention and I’m not terribly worried about them falling under the Stingray spell. Oh, and the both went to Appleseed.

Limerick on February 25, 2013 at 2:32 PM

stingray9813 on February 25, 2013 at 2:25 PM

lml, someone stole your identity!

22044 on February 25, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Stinks like rotten fish in here.

Schadenfreude on February 25, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Stinks like rotten fish in here.

Schadenfreude on February 25, 2013 at 2:34 PM

Stinky stingray, is this racist?

Schadenfreude on February 25, 2013 at 2:34 PM

They just cannot stay out of the spotlight, can they? If it the Super Bowl or Oscar night, they have to show their expensive dresses and suits. Beyond ridiculous, but amusing.

Amazingoly on February 25, 2013 at 2:35 PM

lester on February 25, 2013 at 2:19 PM

No one called anyone, including Marie-Obamanette, a monkey in this thread or in last night’s Oscar thread or QOTD. You are a liar.

steebo77 on February 25, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Please be the first(of many) not to wake up tomorrow. Racist trash.
stingray9813 on February 25, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Back atcha, jagoff.

Oh, and tell you team to knock off the racist attacks on Cruz and Rubio. What do you guys have against brown people?

crrr6 on February 25, 2013 at 2:36 PM

Please be the first(of many) not to wake up tomorrow. Racist trash.

stingray9813 on February 25, 2013 at 2:25 PM

“Chicago grifter” is a racist term?

steebo77 on February 25, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Please be the first(of many) not to wake up tomorrow. Racist trash.
stingray9813 on February 25, 2013 at 2:25 PM

hey genius….if all of the “racist trash” doesn’t wake up tomorrow, who’s gonna go to work? hahahahahahahahahaha.

GhoulAid on February 25, 2013 at 2:40 PM

As happy as seeing Barak Obama murdered would make me, I think Id be happier if someone put a bullet in that fat pig of a wife.

Trash.

stingray9813 on February 25, 2013 at 2:40 PM

I think it’s time for both of you to head back to Kos.

crrr6 on February 25, 2013 at 2:00 PM

The first one s/b banned, along with stingray. They both don’t belong on any blogs.

Schadenfreude on February 25, 2013 at 2:41 PM

stingray9813 on February 25, 2013 at 2:40 PM

That quote was nowhere to be found on Hot Air until you posted it now.

You and Charles Johnson are dirty liars.

steebo77 on February 25, 2013 at 2:44 PM