Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on February 25, 2013 by Allahpundit

The White House plan so far is pretty much according to the Fireman First principle, the idea first promulgated by Washington Monthly founder Charles Peters: that a bureaucracy when faced with cuts will tout its most popular program. Hence a mayor faced with a budget shortfall says he’ll have to “cut firemen first” as opposed to “restructure munipcal bond sales first.”…

But we don’t really know how much the cuts will affect everyday life. The markets are yawning right now, but will they in a month? Or three months? What happens if there really is faulty meat inspection or a plane crash—things that could have happened even with full funding but which will be easy to blame on sequestration? Who’ll get blamed?

Democrats I spoke with think the Republicans will eventually come around just as they did in January when the Bush tax cuts expired and they signed on to new legislation that raised rates on families earning more than $450,000. Republicans, of course, insist that they’ve already given and that this time, without a cudgel like the expiration of tax cuts the president would not renew, they’re in no mood to cave. Neither side is budging because both sides think they can prevail. As with World War I, when Europe stumbled into war, no one’s really thought through what the world could look like a month from now.

***

With Congress unlikely to stop deep automatic spending cuts that will strike hard at the military, the fiscal stalemate is highlighting a significant shift in the Republican Party: lawmakers most keenly dedicated to shrinking the size of government are now more dominant than the bloc committed foremost to a robust national defense, particularly in the House…

“Fiscal questions trump defense in a way they never would have after 9/11,” said Representative Tom Cole, Republican of Oklahoma. “But the war in Iraq is over. Troops are coming home from Afghanistan, and we want to secure the cuts.”…

A sizable number of Republicans, including many senators, are incensed by the cuts about to fall on the Pentagon, totaling $43 billion for the 2013 fiscal year. Because the Defense Department will have only seven months to put them into effect and because military personnel are protected, military training, weapons acquisition and maintenance stand to be cut by 13 percent.

President Ronald Reagan’s push in the 1980s for tax cuts and domestic spending restraint were accompanied by a huge military buildup. “There’s no way the party of Ronald Reagan should be accepting these cuts,” said Senator Lindsey Graham, Republican of South Carolina, who has privately sought some compromise on tax loopholes.

***

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker (R) on Monday urged lawmakers to call the president’s “bluff” and empower the White House to make targeted spending cuts to avoid sequestration.

“They should find an alternative, they should do their job and why not empower the president and his administration. Give them the authority within their budgets to make those changes so they don’t have to do some of the things they are talking about,” said Walker on “Fox & Friends.”…

Call the bluff and let them go forward in doing it, there’s got to be a better way, it’s not about avoiding cuts, it’s not about tax increases it’s about cutting true waste, fraud and abuse,” said Walker.

***

Here are three questions for folks wetting their pants about the sequester:

1. Under what sort math do you figure that cutting $44 billion or $85 billion from a total tab of $3.6 trillion is anything more than a rounding error? Half of the cuts are slated for defense spending, which has grown massively over the past decade-plus. Do you really think that the military can’t cope?

2. Do you really believe that the sequester cuts will tank a $16 trillion economy? And if so, what’s the multiplier on that? GDP is counted in such a way that most government spending automatically gets counted as increasing the amount of economic activity (the same doesn’t hold for private spending, where different conditions hold). Do you at least agree in theory that government spending has been cut in the past without ruining the economy (and if you don’t, why not)?

3. When will conditions be right to actually cut spending? There’s a raft of anti-sequester people – such as Barack Obama – who pay lip service to the idea that government spending (especially government deficit spending) needs to stop or be reduced at some point in the future. But like St. Augustine in his partying period, they don’t want to get straight just yet. So when might that be? If we can’t afford to cut a tiny fraction of current spending now – after a year-plus of knowing this was coming and a major punting on the original deadline – when might we?

***

BROOKS: So let me reject what the Republicans are doing. I have more ambivalent feelings about what the White House is doing. But the Republicans are doing the worst of all possible worlds. This was designed to be stupid; it magnificently achieves that.

The Democrats – or the Republicans are in a position politically where they have to show the country they’re [not] mindless anti-government fanatics, they can separate good government policies from bad government policies. This is a piece of mindless anti-government fanaticism, which doesn’t separate the good from the bad. It just cuts.

***

But, it’s also possible that the size of the cuts — a trillion dollars is a ton of money even spread out over the next decade — and the heat of the rhetoric coming from the two parties causes the sort of crisis that forces a decent number of people to pay attention and begin to re-examine (or, more likely examine) the way they think about spending. And, if enough people start paying attention, their politicians — forever a reactive species — could well be emboldened or intimidated into doing something big(ger).

The most basic truth of modern politics is that action happens only in response to crisis. (That may not be the politics we want, but it’s definitely the politics we have.) The sequester may not be that crisis — maybe it’s the debt ceiling fight to come later this summer — but if it is, that’s probably a good thing for people who want things to change in some meaningful way. Short of a crisis, the sort of kick-the-can-ism that has dominated the last decade or more in politics will continue ad infinitum.

***

***

***

Click the image to watch.

ck

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

SWalker, how are ya?

Rusty Allen on February 25, 2013 at 11:32 PM

On a mission my friend, on a mission, trying to make a video go viral… ;)

SWalker on February 25, 2013 at 11:33 PM

HA is taking the page up to top or else to my last comment, but never to where I was reading.

INC on February 25, 2013 at 11:22 PM

Me too. Annoying as hell.

KCB on February 25, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Hmmm….still happening huh? Has to be a java conflict. I had a similar problem a couple of months ago on the ipad thingy when the site was being redesigned.

Bmore on February 25, 2013 at 11:34 PM

portlandon on February 25, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Yummy, that sounds good!!

Thanks!!

bluefox on February 25, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Hmmmmm, $ 85 billion of sequestration cuts will end life as we know it according to the SCOAMF and the Kneepad Media …

… this is just off the top of my head but how about we STOP doing this:

And then they only have to find $ 2 billion in additional cuts for this fiscal year.

Note: My proposal will save at least $ 83 billion/year on an ongoing basis – so over a 10 year period it totals over 50% of the future sequestration cuts as well.

PolAgnostic on February 25, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Schadenfreude on February 25, 2013 at 11:33 PM

I am a wee bit of a perfectionist. Dare I say anal German. Lol! ; ) No jokes please.

Bmore on February 25, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Yummy, that sounds good!!

Thanks!!

bluefox on February 25, 2013 at 11:34 PM

That came from Ronald Reagan’s mothers recipe box. It was Ron’s favorite.

portlandon on February 25, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Glad to ‘see’ you. I wondered how you were.

Schadenfreude on February 25, 2013 at 11:09 PM

I’m fine, having a little working holiday down here in Florida with the love of my life. She goes back home to Bruges on Saturday. Please pray that her plane doesn’t fall out of the sky.

#SequesterHorrors

JPeterman on February 25, 2013 at 11:36 PM

KCB on February 25, 2013 at 11:30 PM

Bmore on February 25, 2013 at 11:34 PM

I updated Java, cleared cache, cookies, etc., but I’m still having problems.

INC on February 25, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Schadenfreude on February 25, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Bmore on February 25, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Not even a little German joke
?

SWalker on February 25, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Bmore on February 25, 2013 at 11:34 PM

I don’t think they are finished yet. The front page has to be refreshed to see the latest thread. And the threads have to be refreshed to get the latest post.

bluefox on February 25, 2013 at 11:37 PM

So – HOW does one GET where WE have Gotten as a country?

ONE of the ways – is to MAKE SURE that THE MEDIA is CONTROLLED and CONTROLS the message EVERY STEP of the Way!

An HA poster – what shall remain nameless – has intervened in the “free and open” discussion on a Post about the “humor media” being disgusting a few posts back…….looks they have “guided and intervened” in the “free and open discussion” at LEAST 23 times that I can count……

Is THAT and Example of CONTROLLING the Message and “guiding” the discussion?

williamg on February 25, 2013 at 11:38 PM

can_con on February 25, 2013 at 11:33 PM

I recall the enactment of the Canadian GST, as well as the Australian one.

The morons were surprised that even stamps were being taxed.

Why one should fight any GST. The politicians lie, that they’ll get rid of old taxes, then they keep both. To Hades with them all, and also the Senators who’ll vote against guns this week. May something very painful overcome them all.

Schadenfreude on February 25, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Bmore on February 25, 2013 at 11:34 PM

bluefox on February 25, 2013 at 11:37 PM

It all started several days ago on the Chinese hacking thread… Me thinks the Chinese have not finished haxoring the Hot Air Database… O_O

SWalker on February 25, 2013 at 11:38 PM

bluefox on February 25, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Yeah that’s my problem also!

Scrumpy on February 25, 2013 at 11:38 PM

@Schad It was good. Thanks for asking. The dude wants to expand his business to include my trade. He wanted me to head it. Hes given me a good offer. I’m still thinking over it.

tommy71 on February 25, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Bmore on February 25, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Jawohl, you are. Get over it.

Schadenfreude on February 25, 2013 at 11:40 PM

tommy71 on February 25, 2013 at 11:39 PM

To quote Wayne and Garth…. Swang…. ;)

SWalker on February 25, 2013 at 11:41 PM

tommy71 on February 25, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Good luck with the decision and what follows.

Schadenfreude on February 25, 2013 at 11:41 PM

bluefox on February 25, 2013 at 11:34 PM

That came from Ronald Reagan’s mothers recipe box. It was Ron’s favorite.

portlandon on February 25, 2013 at 11:35 PM

I’m going to try it asap. One of my favorite meals is fish, macroni & cheese and green beans for the main dish. I like cod fillets or orange roughy. Corn bread is good with it too.

bluefox on February 25, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Bmore on February 25, 2013 at 11:35 PM

Ok. BMore is an Anal Nazi, an Anal Nazi.

SparkPlug on February 25, 2013 at 11:42 PM

SparkPlug on February 25, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Of course I’m kidding.

SparkPlug on February 25, 2013 at 11:42 PM

bluefox on February 25, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Yeah that’s my problem also!

Scrumpy on February 25, 2013 at 11:38 PM

I don’t have this problem on any other site. It would be helpful if Ed or AP would comment on it.

bluefox on February 25, 2013 at 11:43 PM

Not even a little German joke?

SWalker on February 25, 2013 at 11:36 PM

hahaha.

SparkPlug on February 25, 2013 at 11:44 PM

tommy71 on February 25, 2013 at 11:39 PM

Good evening, Tommy. So it went well and he was interested in headhunting you. I had a feeling. Excellent. :)

thatsafactjack on February 25, 2013 at 11:44 PM

JPeterman on February 25, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Good to hear. Not to worry – not a word of what Obama and his say is to be taken for real. These are charlatanic thugs. The flight professionals will do the job, as usual.

Have fun and good luck with work too.

Schadenfreude on February 25, 2013 at 11:44 PM

thatsafactjack on February 25, 2013 at 11:44 PM

The sultry one is here. That’s Jackie. The Spritley one is Scrumpy.

SparkPlug on February 25, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Schadenfreude on February 25, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Good evening, Schadenfreude. Very good to see you. :)

thatsafactjack on February 25, 2013 at 11:45 PM

SWalker on February 25, 2013 at 11:36 PM

Lol! Thank you very much. ; )

b9 turned me onto this wonderful image which I have added to ruins. It may be moved at some point for an additional series. It is here also. Dentistry.

Bmore on February 25, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Hi Jackie – click on SWalker’s nom…see the combined art of Bmore and SWalker.

Schadenfreude on February 25, 2013 at 11:46 PM

SparkPlug on February 25, 2013 at 11:45 PM

Good evening, Spark! Always a pleasure to see you. :)

thatsafactjack on February 25, 2013 at 11:47 PM

SparkPlug on February 25, 2013 at 11:42 PM

-_-

Bmore on February 25, 2013 at 11:47 PM

bluefox on February 25, 2013 at 11:43 PM

I don’t have a problem elsewhere, either.

INC on February 25, 2013 at 11:47 PM

SWalker on February 25, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Did Dire ever cough up the cash for your Governor’s race?

SparkPlug on February 25, 2013 at 11:47 PM

BMore, one of the next series must be on healthcare images…with death panels…pick British images for now…galore on NHS.

Schadenfreude on February 25, 2013 at 11:49 PM

SWalker on February 25, 2013 at 11:41 PM

Did Dire ever cough up the cash for your Governor’s race?

SparkPlug on February 25, 2013 at 11:47 PM

He told me to have my people contact Dave… Dave isn’t here… :(

SWalker on February 25, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Schadenfreude on February 25, 2013 at 11:38 PM

You’re telling me. We have so many hidden layers of taxation, including many taxes on tax situations (Gas being a primary one).

Gotta get to bed but let RWM know my post to her was on the previous page. Don’t want to repost.

Nite all.

can_con on February 25, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Bmore, of course you must add medical instruments images too…Obama’care’ will ruin that industry.

Schadenfreude on February 25, 2013 at 11:49 PM

AAANY – WHO!! I guess you can’t link to Wikipedia here, anymore…….

williamg on February 25, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Good evening.

4Grace on February 25, 2013 at 11:50 PM

thatsafactjack on February 25, 2013 at 11:47 PM

Dear MG,

It’s a full moon tonight. That means you have to do the Full Moon Goddess ritual. I can help you with your costume and no, there will be no wardrobe malfunctions for the guys.

SparkPlug on February 25, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Nite Canada

Schadenfreude on February 25, 2013 at 11:50 PM

SparkPlug on February 25, 2013 at 11:47 PM

He told me to have my people contact Dave… Dave isn’t here… :(

SWalker on February 25, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Oh, and soundboard said he could get us into a world class recording stupid… (but he wants production and engineering credits) just as soon as somebody breaks with the bread… :(

SWalker on February 25, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Bmore on February 25, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Good evening, Bmore. Excellent photo series.

I was thinking that perhaps something with the ‘before and after’ idea might be good, too. Like the way this nation used to tackle building things that were engineering marvels, like bridges, skyscrapers, transcontinental railways and highways, ports, great cities, dams…. stewardship of the forests, lakes, and rivers…and then what’s become of that kind of innovation under Obama.

thatsafactjack on February 25, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Jackie, Grace…Very nice to see you ladies!

KCB on February 25, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Schadenfreude on February 25, 2013 at 11:49 PM

Yes, I’m hopeful that series won’t be the pain in the ass unemployment ended up being. ; ) b9 started me off on healthcare straight away first thing this a.m. Lol!

Bmore on February 25, 2013 at 11:51 PM

He told me to have my people contact Dave… Dave isn’t here… :(

SWalker on February 25, 2013 at 11:49 PM

heheh. You fell for that one? That’s his trick to forking over some coin. We will get some bank out of him yet.

SparkPlug on February 25, 2013 at 11:52 PM

SWalker on February 25, 2013 at 11:49 PM

SWalker on February 25, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Stupid autocorrect… world class recording stupid Studio

SWalker on February 25, 2013 at 11:53 PM

SWalker on February 25, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Typical. I can get you a karaoke machine. Scrumpy and I are saving up for it.

SparkPlug on February 25, 2013 at 11:53 PM

Jackie, Grace…Very nice to see you ladies!

KCB on February 25, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Hello to you, Ken!

4Grace on February 25, 2013 at 11:54 PM

If this posts – go to the section titled “Living Heads”…….

williamg on February 25, 2013 at 11:55 PM

SWalker on February 25, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Typical. I can get you a karaoke machine. Scrumpy and I are saving up for it.

SparkPlug on February 25, 2013 at 11:53 PM

What happened to the one Jackie, aka the Moon Goddess bought for the Glade?????

SWalker on February 25, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Shaawiiing!

Rusty Allen on February 25, 2013 at 11:55 PM

SparkPlug on February 25, 2013 at 11:50 PM

I thank you for the very kind and thoughtful offer, Spark. But as you know, I need that time to gather my aura and summon up my full powers. Its time I require alone for summoning and conjuring. But thank you again, just the same. :)

thatsafactjack on February 25, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Jackie, Grace…Very nice to see you ladies!

KCB on February 25, 2013 at 11:51 PM

What about me Ken? Oh I don’t have boobs or a nice booty. so I don’t count. (:

SparkPlug on February 25, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Where’s this video? Where’s Scrumps? Where are my pants?

Rusty Allen on February 25, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Bmore on February 25, 2013 at 11:51 PM

It’ll be the most difficult and most rewarding…

Schadenfreude on February 25, 2013 at 11:56 PM

KCB on February 25, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Good evening, Ken! Wonderful to see you this evening. :)

thatsafactjack on February 25, 2013 at 11:56 PM

thatsafactjack on February 25, 2013 at 11:51 PM

Evening Jackie! Yes I have quite a bit to do. Lol! Healthcare, Infrastructure are probably set as the next two. Say if you come across any good shots that you think will work with the black suit red tie 0. Let me know. ; )

Bmore on February 25, 2013 at 11:56 PM

SWalker on February 25, 2013 at 11:55 PM

We traded that for a Beer Meister.

SparkPlug on February 25, 2013 at 11:56 PM

*Get sober, dude. ASAP. Your brother, whos a pastor, is gonna call any second now. He hears you and he’ll KNOW. Get some black coffee or sumthing* ;-)

tommy71 on February 25, 2013 at 11:57 PM

What about me Ken? Oh I don’t have boobs or a nice booty. so I don’t count. (:

SparkPlug on February 25, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Wouldn’t know about the boobs, but I’ve heard tell you have a marvelous booty. :D

4Grace on February 25, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Scrumps is here, but not here, be here soon ;-)

Scrumpy on February 25, 2013 at 11:57 PM

“Death Panel” Three Years Later
Posted on June 25, 2012
As we wait for the impending Supreme Court decision on Obamacare, I reiterate what I wrote in my first post on this topic nearly three years ago. I stand by everything I wrote in that warning to my fellow Americans because what was true then is true now, and it will remain true as we hear what the Supreme Court has to say.

It was a pretty long post, but a lot of people seem to have only read two words of it: “death panel.” Though I was called a liar for calling it like it is, many of these accusers finally saw that Obamacare did in fact create a panel of faceless bureaucrats who have the power to make life and death decisions about health care funding. It’s called the Independent Payment Advisory Board (IPAB), and its purpose all along has been to “keep costs down” by actually denying care via price controls and typically inefficient bureaucracy. This subjective rationing of care is what I was writing about in that first post:

The Democrats promise that a government health care system will reduce the cost of health care, but as the economist Thomas Sowell has pointed out, government health care will not reduce the cost; it will simply refuse to pay the cost. And who will suffer the most when they ration care? The sick, the elderly, and the disabled, of course. The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama’s “death panel” so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their “level of productivity in society,” whether they are worthy of health care. Such a system is downright evil.

Health care by definition involves life and death decisions. Human rights and human dignity must be at the center of any health care discussion.

Rep. Michele Bachmann highlighted the Orwellian thinking of the president’s health care advisor, Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel, the brother of the White House chief of staff, in a floor speech to the House of Representatives. I commend her for being a voice for the most precious members of our society, our children and our seniors.

We must step up and engage in this most crucial debate. Nationalizing our health care system is a point of no return for government interference in the lives of its citizens. If we go down this path, there will be no turning back. Ronald Reagan once wrote, “Government programs, once launched, never disappear. Actually, a government bureau is the nearest thing to eternal life we’ll ever see on this earth.” Let’s stop and think and make our voices heard before it’s too late.

If the Supreme Court doesn’t strike down Obamacare entirely, then Congress must act to repeal IPAB and Obamacare before it is indeed “too late.” All of Obamacare must go one way or another.

- Sarah Palin

williamg on February 25, 2013 at 11:59 PM

AAANY – WHO!! I guess you can’t link to Wikipedia here, anymore…….

williamg on February 25, 2013 at 11:50 PM

As far as I know there isn’t any problem with Wikipedia. I’d try again.

bluefox on February 25, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Scrumps is here, but not here, be here soon ;-)

Scrumpy on February 25, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Ok. I’ll announce your arrival.

*Trumpet sound*

Scrumps is not here.

SparkPlug on February 25, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Where’s this video?

Rusty Allen on February 25, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Click my nic…

SWalker on February 25, 2013 at 11:59 PM

bluefox on February 25, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Good evening, bluefox. Hope all is well with you.

4Grace on February 26, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Oh, Bmore… almost forgot…. the lavish parties, the Halloween bash with Depp, et al, and the bankers! Wall street and the Obama love affair. And Hollywood, too! Wow… you have an embarrassment of riches from which to draw there. :)

thatsafactjack on February 26, 2013 at 12:00 AM

thatsafactjack on February 25, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Ok. I’ll just try to get a front row seat then.

SparkPlug on February 26, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Scrumps is CONTEMPLATING. ;-)

tommy71 on February 26, 2013 at 12:01 AM

thatsafactjack on February 26, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Ah! The little people. ; )

Bmore on February 26, 2013 at 12:03 AM

Scrumps is CONTEMPLATING. ;-)

tommy71 on February 26, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Wow, that thar is sure nuff a big ole word, must ave cost you lest 5 whole dollars… Wish I could afford 5 dollar words like that… ;p

SWalker on February 26, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Weird. When I refresh, posts have been inserted that were not there after the prior refresh.

4Grace on February 26, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Lovely and talented one! I like your idea a lot too!

Bmore on February 26, 2013 at 12:05 AM

SparkPlug on February 26, 2013 at 12:01 AM

No peeking. You don’t want to become a tadpole again do you?

As you know, I have so much work to do. I just returned from a grueling trip, coast to coast, and, frankly, I’m at a low ebb.

Look for me in the Glade.:)

thatsafactjack on February 26, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Triumph: Fight the Good Fight

4Grace on February 26, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Lovely and talented one! I like your idea a lot too!

Bmore on February 26, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Hello, B! I just think the Ruination series should extend beyond our borders. He’s accomplishing a lot, unfortunately.

4Grace on February 26, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Lovely and talented one! I like your idea a lot too!

Bmore on February 26, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Care to share the theme?

Schadenfreude on February 26, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Triumph: Fight the Good Fight

4Grace on February 26, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Always an excellent choice… ;)

SWalker on February 26, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Care to share the theme?

Schadenfreude on February 26, 2013 at 12:08 AM

0 Diplomacy (or whatever B chooses to title it).

4Grace on February 26, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Never mind, Grace just did. It’s an excellent idea:

Israel, Lybia, Egypt, Poland, Syria, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Russia, Britain, Iran, etc.

Schadenfreude on February 26, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Always an excellent choice… ;)

SWalker on February 26, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Thanks, SW. I saw your video using B’s pics. Pretty cool.

4Grace on February 26, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Schadenfreude on February 26, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Think very grisly. Very dark. Very violent. Misery in no short order. Bloody, messy, death. There is so much to be found. 0 standing knee deep in it appeals to me.

Bmore on February 26, 2013 at 12:13 AM

- Sarah Palin

williamg on February 25, 2013 at 11:59 PM

It was true then and more so now. Sadly, those with the power to do something about this evil are all cowards.

Thanks for posting that.

bluefox on February 26, 2013 at 12:13 AM

0 Diplomacy (or whatever B chooses to title it).

4Grace on February 26, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Excellent, indeed. Just today Kerry invented a country.

Not to forget the “Austrian language”.

Don’t forget this.

Schadenfreude on February 26, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Okay, Scrumps and video are accounted for. Two out of three ain’t bad. In Obamanomics that’s like 93%

Rusty Allen on February 26, 2013 at 12:13 AM

0 Diplomacy (or whatever B chooses to title it).

4Grace on February 26, 2013 at 12:11 AM

That too. Lol!!!

Bmore on February 26, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Harlem Nocturne – Georgie Auld

I bid you all a fond goodnight. It’s been a pleasure, as always. See you soon.

thatsafactjack on February 26, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Looks like I’ll be hiring an assistant just to dig up photos. Lol! I’m gonna be busy. Lol!

Bmore on February 26, 2013 at 12:15 AM

What about me Ken? Oh I don’t have boobs or a nice booty. so I don’t count. (:

SparkPlug on February 25, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Sorry Sparky! Didn’t mean to leave you out!

KCB on February 26, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Good evening, bluefox. Hope all is well with you.

4Grace on February 26, 2013 at 12:00 AM

Hello 4Grace. Fine with me, hope the same for you. That Macroni & Cheese recipe made me hungry tho:-) Going to have to see what leftovers are available soon.

bluefox on February 26, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Good Night Jackie, Pleasant Dreams.

Bmore on February 26, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Schadenfreude on February 26, 2013 at 12:13 AM

I saw that. Yep, Kerry may give Biden a run for his money.

4Grace on February 26, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Good night Jackie…

KCB on February 26, 2013 at 12:16 AM

0 Diplomacy (or whatever B chooses to title it).

4Grace on February 26, 2013 at 12:11 AM

0 Commander

Not to forget drone-killing American citizens, no due process.

Schadenfreude on February 26, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Nite Jackie

Schadenfreude on February 26, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Bmore on February 26, 2013 at 12:15 AM

The land needs/thanks you.

Schadenfreude on February 26, 2013 at 12:17 AM

0 Diplomacy (or whatever B chooses to title it).

4Grace on February 26, 2013 at 12:11 AM

That too. Lol!!!

Bmore on February 26, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Duh, I had already forgotten. lol
Yes, if you can add that to some of your collection, it will increase the effectiveness, IMO.

4Grace on February 26, 2013 at 12:17 AM

4Grace on February 26, 2013 at 12:05 AM

I’ve experienced that and INC and believe Ken. I wish they would get it fixed. I would think Ed & AP would realize it.

bluefox on February 26, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Sorry folks totally involved in a discussion…

Good night Jackie and God bless!!

I am still logged in :-)

Scrumpy on February 26, 2013 at 12:19 AM