Onion apologizes for crass joke about nine-year-old Oscar nominee

posted at 6:01 pm on February 25, 2013 by Allahpundit

Alternate headline: “Blogger struggles to cope with slow news day.” As does the AP, which, believe it or not, now has a story on the wires about this.

You can read the offending joke, since deleted, at Twitchy. The surest way to bomb in comedy is to pick on a child or use the C-word. Do both at the same time and you’ve got a mushroom cloud. Here’s what the fallout looked like on the Onion’s Facebook page a few hours ago:

Dear Readers,

On behalf of The Onion, I offer my personal apology to Quvenzhané Wallis and the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for the tweet that was circulated last night during the Oscars. It was crude and offensive—not to mention inconsistent with The Onion’s commitment to parody and satire, however biting.

No person should be subjected to such a senseless, humorless comment masquerading as satire.

The tweet was taken down within an hour of publication. We have instituted new and tighter Twitter procedures to ensure that this kind of mistake does not occur again.

In addition, we are taking immediate steps to discipline those individuals responsible.

Miss Wallis, you are young and talented and deserve better. All of us at The Onion are deeply sorry.

Sincerely,

Steve Hannah
CEO
The Onion

I’ve been reading the site off and on for years and can’t recall another case of them apologizing for a joke. And bear in mind, this is an outfit that’s not above using disabled veterans as a peg to satirize the Pentagon’s reliance on repeat deployments. So, question: Does it matter that Wallis isn’t really the butt of the joke? The joke, as Ace took it, is the author’s feigned obliviousness to the absurdity of calling an adorable little girl a C-bomb. The “everyone else seems afraid to say it” bit at the beginning is the whole point of the goof; literally no one else would think such a thing and of course the author knows that, so when he presumes to be speaking some unspoken truth, he’s revealing himself to be a monster. He’s the butt of the joke.

That’s one way to read the gag. The way I read it was as more of a goof on the sort of catty oneupsmanship that populates social media during awards ceremonies generally and the Oscars in particular, especially vis-a-vis Anne Hathaway. The Onion had other gags last night devoted to the otherwise inexplicable dislike people have for her, but she’s only the most extreme example. Between the fame, the wealth, the fashion, and the hyperventilating entertainment “journalists,” there’s no more target-rich environment in American culture for joyless, jealous bitchy snark than the Oscars red carpet show. I took the Wallis joke as a goof on that mindset, of the critic who’s so eager to take the A-listers and their egos down a peg that he’d actually drop a C-bomb on a sweet little nine-year-old. She’s not the butt of the joke, we are. But your mileage may vary.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

“…to the absurdity of calling an adorable little girl a C-bomb.”

That was the joke. Everyone knows she’s adorable, including the author of the tweet. But since everyone loves to get outraged about anything and everything, The Onion had to apologize and the writer will probably get fired.

Outrage meter on this? A zero.

nicktjacob on February 25, 2013 at 6:04 PM

Maybe, but this was way over the line. And I wasn’t offended by the Lincoln joke. There’s crude and tasteless, and then there places you just don’t go.

rbj on February 25, 2013 at 6:05 PM

Yep.

Allahpundit on February 25, 2013 at 6:05 PM

I think this would fall under the ‘Circuses’ column…

catmman on February 25, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Could not agree more with that AoS post.

nicktjacob on February 25, 2013 at 6:07 PM

No, what matters is now a bunch of crass aholes are trying to rationalize this bad joke by making disingenuous arguments that the kid is not really the butt of the joke.

Blake on February 25, 2013 at 6:07 PM

Even in Jest, a child should never be referred to as a “Cu*t”.

portlandon on February 25, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Would there be the same outrage if something was directed toward Trig Palin?

No need to answer.

sentinelrules on February 25, 2013 at 6:09 PM

People love nothing more than to be offended about anything and everything. Yawn. Do people not even realize what The Onion is in 2013?

They shouldn’t have apologized.

It's Vintage, Duh on February 25, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Even in Jest, a child should never be referred to as a “Cu*t”.

portlandon on February 25, 2013 at 6:08 PM

They probably should’ve used “snot” or “jerk”.

nicktjacob on February 25, 2013 at 6:11 PM

She’s not the butt of the joke. It’s perfectly fair to object to the tweet for being crass, but there’s no good-faith reading in which the author sincerely intended to call that little girl a you-know-what.

Allahpundit on February 25, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Would there be the same outrage if something was directed toward Trig Palin?

No need to answer.

sentinelrules on February 25, 2013 at 6:09 PM

Same outrage by who? I don’t need the left to see the light about how disgusting jokes about Palin’s baby were/are for me to be disgusted about calling a little girl a cunt.

Blake on February 25, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Yep.

Allahpundit on February 25, 2013 at 6:05 PM

…but not everybody is smart!

KOOLAID2 on February 25, 2013 at 6:13 PM

Allahpundit on February 25, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Exactly right. I’m blown away by how many people think the opposite.

nicktjacob on February 25, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Allahpundit on February 25, 2013 at 6:12 PM

Yeah, she was. There is no good faith reading to claim she was not called the word your stupid software will not allow me to repeat.

Blake on February 25, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Blake on February 25, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Sigh. Really? The author really believes that adorable girl is a ****? In what fantasy land?

nicktjacob on February 25, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Everyone else seems afraid to say it, but Allahpundit’s mother is kind of a c**t, right?

Ha ha ha ha! Right? I didn’t call your mom a c**t, did I?

Blake on February 25, 2013 at 6:17 PM

The point of using that word is not to impugn the child, it’s to impugn the person using it or, in my reading, the sort of person who tweets nastiness during the Oscars. Under your reading, there’s no such thing as irony. Again: What is the author’s intent? If he’s sincere, what on earth could have merited him calling the little girl that? The whole point of the gag is that no one but no one but no one would ever seriously think this.

Allahpundit on February 25, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Ha ha ha ha! Right? I didn’t call your mom a c**t, did I?

Blake on February 25, 2013 at 6:17 PM

You’re embarrassing yourself right now. Maybe sit out a few plays, eh?

nicktjacob on February 25, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Ha ha ha ha! Right? I didn’t call your mom a c**t, did I?

Depends on whether you’re saying that sincerely or whether you’re saying it to goof on your own boorishness, the way the Onion writer did.

Allahpundit on February 25, 2013 at 6:18 PM

I thought it was hilarious. Screw the Onion for backing off.

Metro on February 25, 2013 at 6:19 PM

nicktjacob on February 25, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Did you see the way that little you-know-what was pumping her fists and hamming it up every time the camera stopped on her? /

steebo77 on February 25, 2013 at 6:19 PM

Allahpundit on February 25, 2013 at 6:17 PM

So the Onion was spooking Nikki Finke?

portlandon on February 25, 2013 at 6:19 PM

spooking = Spoofing

portlandon on February 25, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Everyone else seems afraid to say it, but that Allahpundit’s mother is kind of a c**t, right?

So, I can post this as often as I want and you won’t be offended or think it is crass? Good! Because I intend to do it.

What is the author’s intent?

To be a crude ahole.

To express his inner aholeness.

Blake on February 25, 2013 at 6:20 PM

Allahpundit on February 25, 2013 at 6:18 PM

I’m saying it sincerely to demonstrate your boorishness and immaturity.

Blake on February 25, 2013 at 6:23 PM

The joke was dumb (in concept and execution)
The outrageous outrage was predictable
The apology was lame.

Jeddite on February 25, 2013 at 6:23 PM

I said it’s perfectly fair to object to the tweet for being crass. It’s unfair to think it was sincerely intended rather than ironic, though. But like I say, everyone’s mileage may vary.

Allahpundit on February 25, 2013 at 6:23 PM

Don’t you freaks complain when the left makes crude remarks about conservatives children since they can only look to this thread in order to justify their bad behavior.

Blake on February 25, 2013 at 6:25 PM

I’m saying it sincerely to demonstrate your boorishness and immaturity.

It’d be boorish and immature to laugh at the Onion joke if it was sincerely intended to insult the little girl. But again, it’s not.

Allahpundit on February 25, 2013 at 6:25 PM

And that’s the difference between this and leftist insults aimed at conservative kids. Those aren’t ironic. They’re aimed at the kids.

Allahpundit on February 25, 2013 at 6:27 PM

this is the Onion people. AP is totally correct…and yes, it is a dark humor thing about how H.wood talks about people behind their back. It is very funny…and the target is H.wood and their pretensions.

Ok, so maybe it was a little over the top wrt a young girl..but when I first heard it, APs things was what I thought. Brutal humor about the glitterati of H.wood

r keller on February 25, 2013 at 6:29 PM

…unfair to think it was sincerely intended rather than ironic, though.

Allahpundit on February 25, 2013 at 6:23 PM

…humorless comment masquerading as satire…

Steve Hannah
CEO
The Onion

Irony.
Satire.
Stupid.

I always get those three confused, too.

socalcon on February 25, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Outrage meter on this? A zero.

nicktjacob on February 25, 2013 at 6:04 PM

What is they made the same joke about Piper Palin? I suspect your outrage meter would be stratospheric.

Satire is great. Sometimes it fails. Why the fark is apologizing so wrong? Any character unwilling to break face may not have enough confidence in that character to do so.

The Onion is one of my favorite “characters.” I applaud their apology.

Capitalist Hog on February 25, 2013 at 6:30 PM

Onion Tweeter + too much alcohol = bad c**t joke.

RadClown on February 25, 2013 at 6:31 PM

The surest way to bomb in comedy is to pick on a child or use the C-word.

The Onion was trying to be “oh so British”, as lefties are wont to do. The Brits love that word and use it for absolutely everything – just to show how classy they are.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on February 25, 2013 at 6:31 PM

One more thing. I can understand either of the following two positions:

1. Polite disagreement with my interpretation that the joke wasn’t aimed at the little girl.
2. Anger at someone who thinks it was aimed at the little girl and that that’s A-OK.

I don’t understand position three:

3. Anger at someone who thinks the joke wasn’t aimed at the little girl.

I’m not defending insulting children, I’m arguing that that wasn’t their intent.

Allahpundit on February 25, 2013 at 6:32 PM

And it’s also aimed at the parents. Insulting the kids to get at the parents.

Why some c***s are having trouble comprehending this is beyond me.

Metro on February 25, 2013 at 6:32 PM

She’s not the butt of the joke, we are.

Good post, AP. Thank you for speaking sanity to PC.

petefrt on February 25, 2013 at 6:33 PM

I agree that the joke was supposed to be on the author, not on the young girl.

That said, I also agree that it’s stupid and in poor taste to design a joke where the execution of it requires calling a 9-year-old girl a c*#t.

That it was a bad judgement call is clear from the fact that they had to delete and apologize. They’ve got an audience of fans that hold very little sacred and even many of those people thought the tweet crossed the line.

Personally, if your to the point where your joke relies on calling a nice person a name, you might want to rethink your career in comedy.

JadeNYU on February 25, 2013 at 6:40 PM

The only difference is that they probably would not have apologized in the case of Piper Palin since conservatives are always fair-game.

Capitalist Hog on February 25, 2013 at 6:40 PM

*you’re not your

Wishing for an edit button about now. :)

JadeNYU on February 25, 2013 at 6:42 PM

Yeah, it was far too crass for a gag this weak. I like the idea of satirizing the gratuitous nastiness of Twitter during major cultural events but this was in poor taste.

Allahpundit on February 25, 2013 at 6:43 PM

The surest way to bomb in comedy is to pick on a child or use the C-word.

I know nothing about this kid or the Oscars, but here’s a little nugget regarding the C-word: it gets you 6 points (minimum) in Scrabble. The iPad game. Both the Merriam-Webster and Tournament Words lists recognizes it as a legitimate word. Other similar words (too crass to print here) are rejected, but this particular one is ok. I spent forever thinking that it was the worst thing to say evah, but…6 points! Exit question: Second look at the C-Word?

joejm65 on February 25, 2013 at 6:44 PM

At least they haven’t made it about race yet.

………Now imagine she’s white. (via A Time to Kill)

portlandon on February 25, 2013 at 6:44 PM

AP,

Would anybody be defending them or even be able to see both sides of this had the writer called her the N-word instead of the C-word? I doubt it. The Onion would be out of business by the end of the week had that happened.

Walter Sobchak on February 25, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Everyone knows she’s adorable, including the author of the tweet.

I just listened to her for a minute on one of those red carpet shows (I was curious). Even for 60 seconds, I found her annoying, significantly so.

So I took the Onion comment to mean “She’s nine, and so talented, and black…but just because she’s all that doesn’t mean she isn’t obnoxious as hell.”

bobs1196 on February 25, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Anybody guys in here enjoy having sex while listening to another man talk, music notwithstanding? What about kids, your own in the other room notwithstanding? Go ahead crank up Hannity’s voice next time the wife makes googly eyes at you, cross-eyed women notwithstanding.

Exactly. Some juxtapositions are cringe-inducing.

I suspect that a lot of guys in here would withhold apprehension if another man used the word “c*nt” in the same sentence as their daughter, wife, mom, etc.

She’s not the butt of the joke, we are.

The joke is on us if we can’t retort effectively to such an obvious breech of sensibility.

Capitalist Hog on February 25, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Capitalist Hog on February 25, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Of course not . They would have doubled down on the Lincoln joke saying “They hoped JWB would have gotten into Pipers head” and yuked it up.

VegasRick on February 25, 2013 at 6:50 PM

Everyone apologizing for everything

-Fake apologies offend me

@AsalamaTweetum

Opinionnation on February 25, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Second look at the C-Word?

joejm65 on February 25, 2013 at 6:44 PM

I like em.

arnold ziffel on February 25, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Even for 60 seconds, I found her annoying, significantly so.

You’re not even able to mask your obvious biases for 60 seconds? Good thing the carpet wasn’t black.

Capitalist Hog on February 25, 2013 at 6:51 PM

VegasRick on February 25, 2013 at 6:50 PM

You stipulate that point.

Would you want an apology?

Capitalist Hog on February 25, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Allahpundit on February 25, 2013 at 6:43 PM

I think it would be a mistake to fire the person though.

The type of comedy that The Onion does require people being willing to take risks.

If they fire someone for a joke that goes down in flames, they’re just going to panic the other writers and they’ll start playing it safe.

Given the very vague language in the apology about “immediate steps to discipline” my guess is that they realize this. I’d be surprised if the discipline involved any monetary or job status loss (and, if it doesn’t involve those, it’s doesn’t have teeth).

JadeNYU on February 25, 2013 at 6:53 PM

JadeNYU on February 25, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Firing the person would be unfair. I bet The Onion’s style-guide gets some updates though.

Capitalist Hog on February 25, 2013 at 6:56 PM

Would you want an apology?

Capitalist Hog on February 25, 2013 at 6:52 PM

Yes I would. Would I get it? Not a chance in hades. That’s the point of my comment.

VegasRick on February 25, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Who the hell is Ceviche Willis anyhow?

antisense on February 25, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Opinionnation on February 25, 2013 at 6:51 PM

Ah yes. The good ole non-apology apology.

atweetum asalam

Capitalist Hog on February 25, 2013 at 7:00 PM

At least they haven’t made it about race yet.

………Now imagine she’s white. (via A Time to Kill)

portlandon on February 25, 2013 at 6:44 PM

Wrong. Many are implying you cannot insult anyone if they are black. Any insult means you are racist because what you really mean is the n-word of doom.

antisense on February 25, 2013 at 7:01 PM

Who the hell is Ceviche Willis anyhow?

antisense on February 25, 2013 at 6:58 PM

She’s just some c…………Oh wait! Child!

VegasRick on February 25, 2013 at 7:02 PM

VegasRick on February 25, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Thank you. We agree.

Blake on February 25, 2013 at 6:25 PM

FAIL!

You earn three demerits for bringing sanity to the table.

Capitalist Hog on February 25, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Using it in connection with a child might be crass, but I have to applaud whoever posted that Onion tweet for refusing to kowtow to feminist double standards and use “the word that men may dare not utter”.

rokemronnie on February 25, 2013 at 7:04 PM

She’s just some c…………Oh wait! Child!

VegasRick on February 25, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Inappropriate humor is the best. The reason why Libs use episodes like this is they know Conservatives wilt like daisies.

antisense on February 25, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Whoever wrote that tweet should be ashamed to their marrow for that stunt, USING a little girl talented enough to be nominated for an Oscar at nine years of age, apparently to demonstrate some erudite ironical satirical self mockery, oh yeah.

I guess I’m just not very smart, because I have no idea what this “template” is that Ace used to explain this, and I am really perplexed that our humor is supposed to be sophisticated enough to interpret it as a “goof on the critics” as Allahpundit took it. It. Wasn’t Funny.

I’m pretty sure that Ms. Wallis isn’t that sophisticated, and to have to absorb a sting this poisonous on a night that should have been pure magic for her is just vile.

That being said, Steve Hannah’s letter was a very sincere apology and I am glad that he hastened to publish it.

RushBaby on February 25, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Many are implying

Your complaint about reading too much into things, good. Using implication as your proof, bad.

Capitalist Hog on February 25, 2013 at 7:06 PM

You’re embarrassing yourself right now. Maybe sit out a few plays, eh?

nicktjacob on February 25, 2013 at 6:18 PM

Don’t project and follow your own advice, butt boy!

Blake on February 25, 2013 at 7:06 PM

Providing no citations, links or other substantive proof thereof, FAIL!

Capitalist Hog on February 25, 2013 at 7:06 PM

While I’m Glad I Won, I Personally Believe Abraham Lincoln Deserved to Die – Daniel Day Lewis

antisense on February 25, 2013 at 7:07 PM

rokemronnie on February 25, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Courage.

Capitalist Hog on February 25, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Capitalist Hog on February 25, 2013 at 7:06 PM

I am saying libs are making it so that you cannot use any swear word at a black person or it is secretly racist.

Proof? Look at any of the articles about this story. They say “Dakota Fanning wouldn’t be treated this way.”

antisense on February 25, 2013 at 7:09 PM

Really sick of gutter mouthed people excusing bad conduct by saying it was a joke/satire. The comment was not funny and it was classless. People who spew smut & vulgarities should own it and not try and blame others for not having a sense of humor.

katiejane on February 25, 2013 at 7:11 PM

They shouldn’t have apologized.

The little girl wasn’t the target. People are misinterpreting this. That’s their own fault.

The Onion’s real mistake was assuming its audience was smart enough to get the satire.

This has nothing to do with left/right, folks!

bluegill on February 25, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Quvenzhané Wallis is what Hollywood is about nowadays? Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz…

petefrt on February 25, 2013 at 7:14 PM

wow some of you actually don’t see a problem with this?? it doesn’t matter if it’s just a joke. using such a vulgar word in the same sentence with a child is going too far- it’s sad how desensitized people are to profanity these days. people act like profanity is no big deal, it’s meaningless… but it really isn’t, no matter how much you try to downplay it.

Sachiko on February 25, 2013 at 7:18 PM

“the word that men may dare not utter”.

rokemronnie on February 25, 2013 at 7:04 PM

Well you can, but you better be pretty fleet footed.

arnold ziffel on February 25, 2013 at 7:22 PM

3. Anger at someone who thinks the joke wasn’t aimed at the little girl.
Allahpundit on February 25, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Well, try disagreeing with the regular commenters here, and that’s the exact reaction you get, on almost ANY issue. They will become enraged and go after you as a pack of wild dogs would.

bluegill on February 25, 2013 at 7:22 PM

bluegill on February 25, 2013 at 7:14 PM

I’d say they misrepresent it intentionally. It’s feigned outrage intended to shut down speech/commentary that doesn’t advance their agenda.

It’s more of the same ole leftist PC bullying.

petefrt on February 25, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Sachiko on February 25, 2013 at 7:18 PM

I agree with that too, S. That’s why the feigned outrage of the political activists has credibility.

petefrt on February 25, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Sorry, but I’m not among the outraged.

Sure, if the kid’s just been thrown in the public limelight by happenstance, then leave her alone.

But she’s a professional actress, and she’s going to receive all the benefits that go with her fame. Does anybody think she hasn’t heard the C-word in the schoolyard?

And even if she doesn’t deserve the abuse, then her parents do. Who the hell names their kid Quvenzhané? It’s self-indulgent. What’s wrong with Sally or Betsy?

bobs1196 on February 25, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Okay, we’re probably not be best people in he world (we like dead baby jokes) but the wife and I laughed.

Spade on February 25, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Goddamn my iPhone autocorrected those articles well.

Spade on February 25, 2013 at 7:39 PM

Sorry, not buying the “outraged that we’re outraged” argument.

Whether you think it was directed to her or not, why would you even associate her with the word? She’s a little girl. If you’re not making a joke at her, you’re making it at her expense.

hawkdriver on February 25, 2013 at 7:44 PM

I was pretty disappointed that they pulled the story and disowned it so vehemently. It opens them up to more criticism whenever they attempt to push the envelope.

Typhonsentra on February 25, 2013 at 7:45 PM

Sachiko on February 25, 2013 at 7:18 PM

On my FB page, I use that word quite a bit to describe lefty women-but I’ve a big problem with it being directed at a child, even in jest.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 25, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Folks, even in satire there is no gain in competing with the left to see who can be the most vulgar and uncivil. That word should not be used in any public way to describe any female, or any age, period. It is the Conservative view that there are absolutes in right and wrong. By even discussing the event we cheapen our own world. Talk about the need to pick your fights wisely….

MikeA on February 25, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Spade on February 25, 2013 at 7:39 PM

You are a very bad man.

arnold ziffel on February 25, 2013 at 8:11 PM

rbj on February 25, 2013 at 6:05 PM

The Lincoln joke wasn’t offensive. In fact, it was pretty damn funny.

Shump on February 25, 2013 at 8:15 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on February 25, 2013 at 8:03 PM

It wasn’t “directed at” a child. That’s the whole point.

bluegill on February 25, 2013 at 8:17 PM

The Onion risks becoming as loathsome as TMZ‘s entire schtick.

Like the all-compassionate Democrats who called Sarah Palin the same thing.

Scum.

profitsbeard on February 25, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Such is the modern world. The assassin’s bullet hole in the skull of a beloved President becomes a joke. A nine year old girl gets the shlock shock treatment. And, according to the LA Times, the public wants more next year — this Academy Awards ceremony had the highest audience-ship in years.

In an earlier era, jokes of that sort about young Shirley Temple, or young Natalee Wood, or young Judy Garland would have fallen on outraged — not just deaf — ears.

The numbers of comments here justifying the statements astound me.

Once we had sense — or is it decency — enough not to take our 1st Amendment rights to the limit. I guess that sensibility and basic decency is gone.

Should someone call your nine year old daughter by the associated epithet — just for laughs — remember to laugh heartily and say to her — it’s only a joke — you need to laugh too!

unclesmrgol on February 25, 2013 at 8:50 PM

MikeA on February 25, 2013 at 8:05 PM

Yes. Something along those lines. Just sad.

Cleombrotus on February 25, 2013 at 8:51 PM

The way I see it, the Onion tweet was making fun of people like us. It was mocking those who go online and sometimes viciously attack celebrities for what are sometimes very small things. It was mocking online commenting bitchiness and nastiness. The point of referring to the young actress in the joke was to show the absurdity and shamefulness of the bitchy Twitter culture.

bluegill on February 25, 2013 at 8:54 PM

The way I see it, the Onion tweet was making fun of people like us. It was mocking those who go online and sometimes viciously attack celebrities for what are sometimes very small things. It was mocking online commenting b*tchiness and nastiness. The point of referring to the young actress in the joke was to show the absurdity and shamefulness of the b*tchy Twitter culture.

bluegill on February 25, 2013 at 8:55 PM

bluegill on February 25, 2013 at 7:22 PM

…if you weren’t in heat all the time…the reaction might be different.

KOOLAID2 on February 25, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Hahj! Allah defending The Mainstream Media…..Imagine that! How many times did he intervene in this “free and open” discussion? I can’t quite count the number……

williamg on February 25, 2013 at 11:19 PM

*Hah!

williamg on February 25, 2013 at 11:20 PM

…She’s a little girl. If you’re not making a joke at her, you’re making it at her expense.

hawkdriver on February 25, 2013 at 7:44 PM

…but I’ve a big problem with it being directed at a child, even in jest.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 25, 2013 at 8:03 PM

Capitalist Hog on February 26, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Allahpundit on February 25, 2013 at 6:17 PM

Except Blake, of course.

GWB on February 26, 2013 at 10:16 AM

Oh, and I *do* think it went well over the line. Shouldn’t have done that.

GWB on February 26, 2013 at 10:18 AM