Quotes of the day

posted at 8:41 pm on February 22, 2013 by Allahpundit

President Obama said that with less than a week before $85 billion of automatic across-the-board cuts hit, he still believes that lawmakers “have the opportunity to make the right decisions” to avert the sequester.

“Hope springs eternal,” Obama said during a brief press conference with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe. “And I will just keep on making my case not only to Congress, but more importantly the American people to take a smart approach to deficit reduction and do it in a way that doesn’t endanger our economy and endanger jobs.”…

Obama added that “this should be a no-brainer.”

***

A quick scan of recent headlines and you’ll see that enacting the cuts will make the U.S. a second-rate military power, keep you from seeing part of the Grand Canyon, poison your food and leave you sitting on an airport tarmac for an hour and a half. Also, someone from the federal government will come into your home, kick your dog, take you off the do-not-call list, and borrow your car without filling it back up.

Of course, if you’ve paid attention to these fights before, you know that is a classic case of Washington Monument Syndrome. Threaten to cut government budgets and it always turns out that the amount you want to reduce spending by is precisely the amount that was needed to pay police, firefighters, and teachers. We probably won’t be able to afford to immunize crippled orphans against rabies either, so you heartless Republicans are just going to have to live with the knowledge that you were responsible for the wolves rising to power in the inner cities.

***

In a Wall Street Journal op-ed Wednesday, House Speaker John Boehner describes the upcoming sequester as a policy “that threatens U.S. national security, thousands of jobs and more.”

Which leads to the question: Why would Republicans support a measure that threatens national security and thousands of jobs? Boehner and the GOP are determined to allow the $1.2 trillion sequester go into effect unless President Obama and Democrats agree to replacement cuts, of an equal amount, that target entitlement spending. If that doesn’t happen — and it seems entirely unlikely — the sequester goes into effect, with the GOP’s blessing…

The effect of Boehner’s argument is to make Obama seem reasonable in comparison. After all, the president certainly agrees with Boehner that the sequester cuts threaten national security and jobs. The difference is that Obama wants to avoid them. At the same time, Boehner is contributing to Republican confusion on the question of whether the cuts are in fact “deep” or whether they are relatively minor.

Could the GOP message on the sequester be any more self-defeating?

***

Democrats get to do the P.C. Shimmy. Traditional presidents go through a normal set of motions: They identify a problem. They come up with a proposal to address the problem. They try to convince the country that their proposal is the best approach.

Under the Permanent Campaign Shimmy, the president identifies a problem. Then he declines to come up with a proposal to address the problem. Then he comes up with a vague-but-politically-convenient concept that doesn’t address the problem (let’s raise taxes on the rich). Then he goes around the country blasting the opposition for not having as politically popular a concept. Then he returns to Washington and congratulates himself for being the only serious and substantive person in town…

He does have a vague and politically convenient concept. (Tax increases on the rich!) He does have a chance to lead the country into a budget showdown with furloughed workers and general mayhem, for which people will primarily blame Republicans. And he does have the chance to achieve the same thing he has achieved so frequently over the past two years, political success and legislative mediocrity.

***

Meanwhile, with a budget higher than it was even at the peak of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, the Pentagon is resisting attempts to force it to audit its own finances. Congress passed a law back in 1990 requiring such an audit, to no avail. Last year, Sens. Tom Coburn, R-Okla., and Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., introduced the Audit the Pentagon Act, which would try again to force a look inside the maze of Pentagon spending.

Now, with the Defense Department sounding the alarm about sequestration, some budget hawks on Capitol Hill are doubtful. “It’s difficult to take these doomsday scenarios seriously when the Pentagon can’t even audit its own books,” says a spokesman for Coburn. “We would argue that the Defense Department has the authority to reprioritize funding toward vital needs and away from less vital spending. As Sen. Coburn has detailed, the department spends nearly $70 billion each year on ‘nondefense’ defense spending that has nothing to do with our national security.”

If the sequestration cuts go into effect, many members of Congress will be watching the Pentagon closely.

***

Indiana Rep. Larry Bucshon, who represents a once-swingy seat shored up in redistricting, says “the two percent of the federal budget that’s going to be cut by this should not have a dramatic effect on Hoosiers.” Mississippi Rep. Greg Harper, from the Jackson area, just blames the cuts on the president and says “the solution is to raise taxes, it’s just not going to happen.”

And then there’s Virginia Rep. Scott Rigell. A former car dealer, a man who defeated a Tea Party primary challenger in 2010 and took one of the state’s defense industry-heavy Tidewater, Rigell is running around warning of falling skies. “This is not a theoretical problem like it is up in Washington. This is reality,” he tells a Norfolk, Va. station. “This is not a tornado that hits in the middle of the night and you’re totally disoriented,” he tells the Washington Examiner. “You’re tracking it and watching it come up.” He tells the Wall Street Journal that he’s actually open to closing tax loopholes for new revenue — GOP dogma is that loopholes can only be closed if taxes are cuts somewhere else…

I enjoy the new, #slatepitchy argument that gerrymandering is overrated as an issue, and that it doesn’t influence whether members moderate their votes or not, but sequestration’s putting that to a test.

***

The Pew poll found that only 27 percent said they knew “a lot” about the sequester, while 43 percent said they knew “a little” and 29 percent said they knew “nothing at all.” The most ignorant are Democrats: 33 percent said they knew nothing at all, compared with 29 percent of independents and only 22 percent of Republicans.

That helps to explain President Obama’s shameless demagoguery on the issue. For a lot of those voters his speeches may be the first time they are hearing about this. I wonder how many of those listening know the sequester was the White House’s idea in the first place, that Obama signed it into law and initially vowed to veto any effort to undo it?

***

Via Newsbusters.

***

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

Via NRO.

***

Via Daily Rushbo.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 5 6 7

Whoa, that’s kinda awesome.

Fallon on February 23, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Back when I worked in a truck stretching shop, I was going to build one of those. Or a Bradley GT. The things you can do with a bug.

cozmo on February 23, 2013 at 9:55 AM

bazil9 on February 23, 2013 at 9:54 AM

CMS? I’m drawing a blank, I need more coffee but on day I will tell you how funny those initials are to me.

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 9:56 AM

This morning is like a HA Venn diagram with the morning and night crew overlapping.

*waves*

Back to lurking…

Fallon on February 23, 2013 at 9:58 AM

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 9:54 AM

I don’t see anyone…. ;)

bazil9 on February 23, 2013 at 9:59 AM

cozmo on February 23, 2013 at 9:52 AM

I will look up Arkll also but there is a surprising amount of information on the Box. He was ahead of his time wasn’t he? We are big classic car buffs in our house. We have guests coming down for the Daytona Speedway Spring show. For some crazy reason I am a Studebaker fan.

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 9:59 AM

bazil9 on February 23, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Me either, must have been a mirage.

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Fallon on February 23, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I need to buy a another lap top, sitting at the desk top is to confining so I miss all the good stuff.

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Its funny to me too..
Centers for medicare and medicaid services..
Every time I see her..what I think of. With what I do-why
it always comes to mind.

You know cms..morning crew who reports on morning joe
each day.

bazil9 on February 23, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Me either, must have been a mirage.

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 9:59 AM

You had one of my brownies. ;)

bazil9 on February 23, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Good morning!

KCB on February 23, 2013 at 10:06 AM

I am creating a record so that, when Cruz wins the nomination, we will look back at these early discussions and see that bluegill predicted it correctly while others were chit chatting about laptops and other such totally non-politically related issues on a political website.

bluegill on February 23, 2013 at 10:06 AM

bazil9 on February 23, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Yes, now I am having total recall. She’s in Florida? Good grief we have all got to get together. Life keeps getting in the way. I am going to have company through the end of next month. I have to drive to Port Canaveral at the crack ‘o dawn Monday to pick up my eldest and his girl friend from their cruise.

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 10:06 AM

KCB on February 23, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Good morning!

kingsjester on February 23, 2013 at 10:07 AM

KCB on February 23, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Hey!!! How are you?

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Lots of kit cars were being produced for the bug in the 70′s.

Had a great uncle who was turning out fiberglass dune buggy shells for them in Odel Nebraska of all places.

The Brubaker was the most practical I saw, but the Bradley GT and the one they made all those Death Race 2000 cars out of were the most popular.

When Ford brought out the little T-Bird, Chrysler their K-car and GM…I don’t remember what they called their 1979 and a half basic mid-size cars, lots of kit-cars entered the scene. None as popular as the bug-kits though.

But when it comes to the most awesome, awesome vehicle, none come close to the Landmaster.

cozmo on February 23, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Hi there Fallon.
*waves* back.

Seems like the HA peeps are in a good mood this Sat.
I take it none here lives in Oregon.

The weather here is awesome..gotta get my butt up and enjoy it.

bazil9 on February 23, 2013 at 10:08 AM

bluegill on February 23, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Make sure you bookmark it, Darlin!

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 10:08 AM

bluegill on February 23, 2013 at 10:06 AM

That is important work you are doing, bluegill! I personally think the chit chat may have been a large factor in Romney’s loss.

KCB on February 23, 2013 at 10:09 AM

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I don’t have a laptop. Whats wrong with sitting at the desk? With a powerful desktop? All my work is here and its easier to switch over to CAD and graphics programs.

cozmo on February 23, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Doing well on a beautiful Texas morning! How is Florida?

KCB on February 23, 2013 at 10:10 AM

cozmo on February 23, 2013 at 10:08 AM

We’re gonna need one of those at the Gulch.

Fallon on February 23, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Don’t encourage her. She is insufferable enough as it is.

By 2016 she will be claiming any rise in Cruz is all due to her.

cozmo on February 23, 2013 at 10:11 AM

cozmo on February 23, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Is there something else called a Landmaster besides a twelve wheeled amphib vehicle? I remember when people use to put kits on their Bugs to make them look like an old fashion Rolls Royce.

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 10:06 AM

She is in AZ but from here. She makes it back from time to time.
We went to the same high school we found out-so cool!

I am around the corner from the Port. Hope they enjoyed the cruise.
I hear them leave from my back yard on Sundays.

bazil9 on February 23, 2013 at 10:12 AM

cozmo on February 23, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I do like the desktop but the Husband whines about us being at opposite ends of the house and both puppies try to get in my lap at night during QOTD.

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Morning Ken!
Night critters comin’ out the woodwork!
I miss you all so frequently now-good to see y’all.

bazil9 on February 23, 2013 at 10:14 AM

Fallon on February 23, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Look hard and you will find one of the kits I produced. Though it shows up more on the google search.

And that is the kit that I am working on remastering today.

cozmo on February 23, 2013 at 10:14 AM

bazil9 on February 23, 2013 at 10:12 AM

I’ll find out if they liked it on Monday. He went on a cruise for his best friends wedding, I guess he liked it enough to go again. The wedding was a Royal Caribbean and this one is Carnival, so he can compare and contrast.

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 10:16 AM

I have a desktop and a laptop.
Desk top for business and laptop for
business travel and to relax where ever I want to
and take it with. Like right now. :)

bazil9 on February 23, 2013 at 10:17 AM

KCB on February 23, 2013 at 10:10 AM

It’s a tad overcast but the temperature is wonderful. We need the rain and just got new gutters so I won’t complain.

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 10:12 AM

Nothing else that counts. There is only one Landmaster.

Lots of fancy kits for many cars.

When I damaged the front end on my 84 Cougar I wanted a “Classic Tiffany” for it. They wouldn’t sell just the kit though.

cozmo on February 23, 2013 at 10:17 AM

cozmo on February 23, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Well, it keeps her off the streets.

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 10:16 AM

I have been on so many through the years.
Not personally fond of Carnival but its been a while.
My fave was Norwegian.
They will be expanding the Port here-bigger ships then can go out of here
and more cargo ships too. Hopefully,it will breath some life back to the area.

bazil9 on February 23, 2013 at 10:19 AM

cozmo on February 23, 2013 at 10:17 AM

That would have been an interesting look. Was that done on a VW chassis?

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Gotta start my day! I’ll check in later. See ya’ll!

KCB on February 23, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 10:22 AM

That was exclusively for the mid 80′s Cougar.

cozmo on February 23, 2013 at 10:24 AM

bazil9 on February 23, 2013 at 10:19 AM

A coworker told me there are cruises leaving out of JAX for the Caribbean for $275 per person for a seaside cabin. I am trying to figure out why it is so inexpensive and why take the drive? It is beautiful down there though, so I don’t really mind the short trip.

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 10:24 AM

KCB on February 23, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Get lots accomplished because I’m not. Shame on me.

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Poor Ted Cruz. He just got the kiss of death.

katy the mean old lady on February 23, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Modern cruise ships pale to those of just a couple of decades ago. What a shame.

Its all about getting the most passengers per cruise now.

It was a sad day when the last of the elegant cruisers retired to the Persian Gulf.

cozmo on February 23, 2013 at 10:27 AM

katy the mean old lady on February 23, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Blue gills gave him that a week, or so, ago.

Now she is working on taking credit for creating him.

Palin didn’t do that…

cozmo on February 23, 2013 at 10:29 AM

katy the mean old lady on February 23, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Luckily she is strictly a legend in her own mind. A jinx at best.

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 10:29 AM

cozmo on February 23, 2013 at 10:27 AM

I’m not to interested in cruises, myself. Far too many unsolved murders and disappearances.

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 10:30 AM

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I was schnockered one night morning with a couple of Scotts (the only time we could understand each other), and there was this obnoxious yankee DJ…the fantail was right outside the door of the bar…oh what could have been.

cozmo on February 23, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 10:24 AM

I don’t know. A lot of really good cruise deals all the time.
Maybe they are trying to compete up there?
With Orlando a straight shot from here, the package deals to the parks and all that..Jax prob doesn’t get enough business.
Cheap deals will attract more people. They are hurting for business too.
I know a girl that works on the gambling cruise here..even though its snowbird/busy season..she says it has been bad.

bazil9 on February 23, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Good Morning morning crew!

Bit frosty here in SW OK but will brighten up later :-)

Hope RWM doesn’t mind but I copied her numbers from last night.

Shocking I tells ya!! Here goes:

In FY2001, the government spent $1.8629 trillion. In FY2012, the Federal government spent $3.7956 trillion. That’s a 103.75% increase in Federal spending since FY2001!
Defence Spending By The Feds (keep in mind that the Iraq War is over)

2001: $366.2 billion
2002: $421.7 billion
2003: $482.9 billion
2004: $542.4 billion
2005: $600.0 billion
2006: $621.1 billion
2007: $652.6 billion
2008: $729.6 billion
2009: $794.0 billion
2010: $847.2 billion
2011: $878.5 billion
2012: $902.0 billion

That’s a 146.31% increase in defence spending since 2001.
Pension Spending By The Feds:

2001: $475.1 billion
2002: $497.0 billion
2003: $510.5 billion
2004: $530.8 billion
2005: $557.7 billion
2006: $586.0 billion
2007: $628.3 billion
2008: $659.8 billion
2009: $730.4 billion
2010: $749.6 billion
2011: $775.6 billion
2012: $819.7 billion

That’s a 72.53% increase in pension expenses since 2001.
Healthcare Spending By the Feds

2001: $389.6 billion
2002: $427.4 billion
2003: $469.0 billion
2004: $509.5 billion
2005: $549.2 billion
2006: $582.6 billion
2007: $641.8 billion
2008: $67.14 billion
2009: $764.4 billion
2010: $820.7 billion
2011: $858.2 billion
2012: $846.1 billion

That’s a 117.17% increase in healthcare expenditures since 2001.
Transportation Spending By The Feds

2001: $54.4 billion
2002: $61.8 billion
2003: $67.1 billion
2004: $64.6 billion
2005: $67.9 billion
2006: $70.2 billion
2007: $72.9 billion
2008: $77.6 billion
2009: $84.3 billion
2010: $92.0 billion
2011: $93.0 billion
2012: $102.6 billion

That’s a 88.6% increase in transportation spending since 2001.
Education Spending By The Feds:

2001: $63.6 billion
2002: $77.8 billion
2003: $90.5 billion
2004: $96.4 billion
2005: $106.4 billion
2006: $127.6 billion
2007: $100.8 billion
2008: $100.9 billion
2009: $89.8 billion
2010: $139.4 billion
2011: $113.7 billion
2012: $153.1 billion

The Feds have increased spending on education by 140.72% since 2001.
Welfare Spending By The Feds:

2001: $188.8 billion
2002: $229.4 billion
2003: $249.5 billion
2004: $244.4 billion
2005: $252.5 billion
2006: $254.2 billion
2007: $262.1 billion
2008: $322.3 billion
2009: $415.1 billion
2010: $502.3 billion
2011: $472.9 billion
2012: $451.9 billion

In the past 12 years, the Feds have spent $3.8454 trillion on welfare or $320.5 billion on average each year. The Feds have increased overall welfare spending by 139.15% since 2001.
General Government Spending

2001: $16.1 billion
2002: $17.8 billion
2003: $24.9 billion
2004: $23.4 billion
2005: $19.8 billion
2006: $19.5 billion
2007: $19.8 billion
2008: $20.8 billion
2009: $23.0 billion
2010: $24.7 billion
2011: $29.0 billion
2012: $33.6 billion

The Feds have increased overall general government spending by 108.7% since 2001.
Fed’s Spending on “Protection”:

2001: $30.2 billion
2002: $35.1 billion
2003: $35.3 billion
2004: $45.6 billion
2005: $40.0 billion
2006: $41.0 billion
2007: $42.4 billion
2008: $48.1 billion
2009: $52.6 billion
2010: $54.4 billion
2011: $56.1 billion
2012: $62.0 billion

The Feds have increased overall “protection” spending by 105.32% since 2001.

Scrumpy on February 23, 2013 at 10:38 AM

And this sequester is supposed to cause the downfall of everything sacred in the US!

Comede cacas et mori liberales spumae

Scrumpy on February 23, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I was on a Christmas cruise around 5 years ago…
Lady committed suicide on her honeymoon. The hubby was suspicious
and the entire thing was creepy. the cruise ship told none of us.
We found out watching CNN in our cabins and seeing the breaking news and our ship!
We dock in Miami to police and the media.
The entire thing was handled badly..did leave a bad taste in my mouth.
We didn’t know “who” it was until we got off. How many people who potentially saw something were never questioned? And many where from out of the country and hopped on a plane-gone.
I watched the case after..dropped as a suicide-too many days had passed, no evidence or info-even though it stank to high heaven.

bazil9 on February 23, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Comede cacas et mori liberales spumae

Scrumpy on February 23, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Wow a double post and no warning? HA is hinky again! Lol

Scrumpy on February 23, 2013 at 10:41 AM

Scrumpy on February 23, 2013 at 10:38 AM

mornin’ lady.

RWM rocks! sigh

Good day to all!

bazil9 on February 23, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Scrumpy on February 23, 2013 at 10:38 AM

It may be frosty up there but the air is clear and the artillery is fresh. Dang, it would be a good day to see the new museum building and tip one back at the last resting place of Geronimo. Or watch the buffalo and prairie dogs play.

As beautiful as it is there and you complain…I would trade places if I could.

cozmo on February 23, 2013 at 10:43 AM

cozmo on February 23, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Had you only know you could have gotten away with it!

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 10:44 AM

bazil9 on February 23, 2013 at 10:42 AM

Yes she does!! Hope you slept well! It was a pleasure to have you with us last evening :-)

Wishing you all the best :-)

Scrumpy on February 23, 2013 at 10:44 AM

bazil9 on February 23, 2013 at 10:40 AM

I agree with the competition angle on the prices. So you have actually lived my fear! Luckily I am worth more alive than dead.

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 10:44 AM

A little thing like morals, and to much alcohol got in the way.

cozmo on February 23, 2013 at 10:46 AM

cozmo on February 23, 2013 at 10:43 AM

I have a decent guest room if you ever need a break.

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 10:46 AM

cozmo on February 23, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Just think what a true testament of your morals that it, even with much alcohol and provocation, they stood the test.

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 10:47 AM

cozmo on February 23, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Frosty morns? Not complaining!

Haven’t seen it myself yet and the Fort is 10 mins away, shame on me!

So much construction going on Post is not the same!

But the artillery, gotta love it or hate it!

Shake rattle and BOOOOOM!!!! :-)

Scrumpy on February 23, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 10:46 AM

You are worried about a cruise, but make an offer like that?

I would go for it but my pants don’t like the cold. They wouldn’t come with.

cozmo on February 23, 2013 at 10:49 AM

shame on me!

Scrumpy on February 23, 2013 at 10:48 AM

Yes, shame on you. Last time I was there, they were talking about opening up the airship hangar.

Hmmmmm….Cindy, how far is your place from the USS Cobia?

cozmo on February 23, 2013 at 10:53 AM

cozmo on February 23, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Then your pants would love Florida. You know us Southerns, hospitality is everything, and the concern goes both ways, we are armed.

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Projection:

Oh for heavens sake, can’t you people just stop chit chatting for one day!

I gave you all some very important news and you didn’t even respond!

I said CRUZ is going to WIN!

This is a political blog, not some Face Book community chit chat watering hole.

You people need to grow up! /S

Projection off… ;-D

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Scrumpy on February 23, 2013 at 10:56 AM

cozmo on February 23, 2013 at 10:53 AM

According to Mapquest about 1249.70 miles.

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Why do I always confuse you with GG? Sorry.

cozmo on February 23, 2013 at 10:57 AM

cozmo on February 23, 2013 at 10:53 AM

That’s not open yet, they just extended rebuilt the runway…

So now BIG planes can come in!

Scrumpy on February 23, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Got chores to do and shopping!!

Have a wonderful morning where ever you all are!!

God Bless!

*swoosh*

Scrumpy on February 23, 2013 at 11:01 AM

cozmo on February 23, 2013 at 10:57 AM

Don’t be sorry, I am honored to be confused with gg.

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 12:20 PM

bluegill on February 23, 2013 at 10:06 AM

…the Gutenberg Press still hasn’t finished printing your Romney Record…they keep running out of ink!

KOOLAID2 on February 23, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Why do I always confuse you with GG? …

cozmo on February 23, 2013 at 10:57 AM

…HEY!…we only *clink* in the evening!…quit cheating!…*clinking* in the morning is strictly prohibited!

KOOLAID2 on February 23, 2013 at 12:33 PM

KOOLAID2 on February 23, 2013 at 12:33 PM

I tend to go to bed early. Besides, its easier to hit on the women folks when y’all are still passed out.

cozmo on February 23, 2013 at 12:39 PM

bluegill on February 23, 2013 at 10:06 AM

What is it about Cruz that has you sold?

Rusty Allen on February 23, 2013 at 1:08 PM

Rusty Allen on February 23, 2013 at 1:08 PM

I hope that’s snark because if it isn’t you need your b.s. detector tuned up. To go from a Romney disciple to a Cruz devotee is a bridge too far.

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Yep.

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Just a FYI on those that use Google.

13,753 Gov’t Requests for Google E-Mail Data in 2012, Most Without a Warrant

February 22, 2013

Keep in mind, this info in the article is provided by Google itself!!

Google keep records of all email and other communication sent through its e-mail, telephone, YouTube, and other services, storing the information on cloud servers – a move that allows government agencies, local, state, and federal, to access some information without a warrant.

Federal law allows government agencies to access Google’s archived email and other data, including chat logs, YouTube user information, voice messages, and blogger information without obtaining a search warrant or establishing probable cause, and Google says that it complies with the vast majority of government requests for data.

I bet Googles’ Privacy Policy is a laugh a minute, LOL
I avoid anything and everything Google. But I do keep an eye on my mail box just to make sure a Google person isn’t reading my letters, LOL

This Federal Law probably applies to other Email Services also, but Google is the largest.

bluefox on February 23, 2013 at 1:55 PM