Quotes of the day

posted at 8:41 pm on February 22, 2013 by Allahpundit

President Obama said that with less than a week before $85 billion of automatic across-the-board cuts hit, he still believes that lawmakers “have the opportunity to make the right decisions” to avert the sequester.

“Hope springs eternal,” Obama said during a brief press conference with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe. “And I will just keep on making my case not only to Congress, but more importantly the American people to take a smart approach to deficit reduction and do it in a way that doesn’t endanger our economy and endanger jobs.”…

Obama added that “this should be a no-brainer.”

***

A quick scan of recent headlines and you’ll see that enacting the cuts will make the U.S. a second-rate military power, keep you from seeing part of the Grand Canyon, poison your food and leave you sitting on an airport tarmac for an hour and a half. Also, someone from the federal government will come into your home, kick your dog, take you off the do-not-call list, and borrow your car without filling it back up.

Of course, if you’ve paid attention to these fights before, you know that is a classic case of Washington Monument Syndrome. Threaten to cut government budgets and it always turns out that the amount you want to reduce spending by is precisely the amount that was needed to pay police, firefighters, and teachers. We probably won’t be able to afford to immunize crippled orphans against rabies either, so you heartless Republicans are just going to have to live with the knowledge that you were responsible for the wolves rising to power in the inner cities.

***

In a Wall Street Journal op-ed Wednesday, House Speaker John Boehner describes the upcoming sequester as a policy “that threatens U.S. national security, thousands of jobs and more.”

Which leads to the question: Why would Republicans support a measure that threatens national security and thousands of jobs? Boehner and the GOP are determined to allow the $1.2 trillion sequester go into effect unless President Obama and Democrats agree to replacement cuts, of an equal amount, that target entitlement spending. If that doesn’t happen — and it seems entirely unlikely — the sequester goes into effect, with the GOP’s blessing…

The effect of Boehner’s argument is to make Obama seem reasonable in comparison. After all, the president certainly agrees with Boehner that the sequester cuts threaten national security and jobs. The difference is that Obama wants to avoid them. At the same time, Boehner is contributing to Republican confusion on the question of whether the cuts are in fact “deep” or whether they are relatively minor.

Could the GOP message on the sequester be any more self-defeating?

***

Democrats get to do the P.C. Shimmy. Traditional presidents go through a normal set of motions: They identify a problem. They come up with a proposal to address the problem. They try to convince the country that their proposal is the best approach.

Under the Permanent Campaign Shimmy, the president identifies a problem. Then he declines to come up with a proposal to address the problem. Then he comes up with a vague-but-politically-convenient concept that doesn’t address the problem (let’s raise taxes on the rich). Then he goes around the country blasting the opposition for not having as politically popular a concept. Then he returns to Washington and congratulates himself for being the only serious and substantive person in town…

He does have a vague and politically convenient concept. (Tax increases on the rich!) He does have a chance to lead the country into a budget showdown with furloughed workers and general mayhem, for which people will primarily blame Republicans. And he does have the chance to achieve the same thing he has achieved so frequently over the past two years, political success and legislative mediocrity.

***

Meanwhile, with a budget higher than it was even at the peak of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, the Pentagon is resisting attempts to force it to audit its own finances. Congress passed a law back in 1990 requiring such an audit, to no avail. Last year, Sens. Tom Coburn, R-Okla., and Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., introduced the Audit the Pentagon Act, which would try again to force a look inside the maze of Pentagon spending.

Now, with the Defense Department sounding the alarm about sequestration, some budget hawks on Capitol Hill are doubtful. “It’s difficult to take these doomsday scenarios seriously when the Pentagon can’t even audit its own books,” says a spokesman for Coburn. “We would argue that the Defense Department has the authority to reprioritize funding toward vital needs and away from less vital spending. As Sen. Coburn has detailed, the department spends nearly $70 billion each year on ‘nondefense’ defense spending that has nothing to do with our national security.”

If the sequestration cuts go into effect, many members of Congress will be watching the Pentagon closely.

***

Indiana Rep. Larry Bucshon, who represents a once-swingy seat shored up in redistricting, says “the two percent of the federal budget that’s going to be cut by this should not have a dramatic effect on Hoosiers.” Mississippi Rep. Greg Harper, from the Jackson area, just blames the cuts on the president and says “the solution is to raise taxes, it’s just not going to happen.”

And then there’s Virginia Rep. Scott Rigell. A former car dealer, a man who defeated a Tea Party primary challenger in 2010 and took one of the state’s defense industry-heavy Tidewater, Rigell is running around warning of falling skies. “This is not a theoretical problem like it is up in Washington. This is reality,” he tells a Norfolk, Va. station. “This is not a tornado that hits in the middle of the night and you’re totally disoriented,” he tells the Washington Examiner. “You’re tracking it and watching it come up.” He tells the Wall Street Journal that he’s actually open to closing tax loopholes for new revenue — GOP dogma is that loopholes can only be closed if taxes are cuts somewhere else…

I enjoy the new, #slatepitchy argument that gerrymandering is overrated as an issue, and that it doesn’t influence whether members moderate their votes or not, but sequestration’s putting that to a test.

***

The Pew poll found that only 27 percent said they knew “a lot” about the sequester, while 43 percent said they knew “a little” and 29 percent said they knew “nothing at all.” The most ignorant are Democrats: 33 percent said they knew nothing at all, compared with 29 percent of independents and only 22 percent of Republicans.

That helps to explain President Obama’s shameless demagoguery on the issue. For a lot of those voters his speeches may be the first time they are hearing about this. I wonder how many of those listening know the sequester was the White House’s idea in the first place, that Obama signed it into law and initially vowed to veto any effort to undo it?

***

Via Newsbusters.

***

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

Via NRO.

***

Via Daily Rushbo.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 4 5 6 7

PappyD61 on February 23, 2013 at 1:09 AM

I’ve supported the Pappy Plan for years now.

John the Libertarian on February 23, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Re: England’s bond rating downgrade from Moody’s. This graph is rather astonishing.

tom daschle concerned on February 23, 2013 at 1:11 AM

4Grace on February 23, 2013 at 1:10 AM

I love a late entrance.

John the Libertarian on February 23, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Obama added that “this should be a no-brainer.”

Oh, the irony.

John the Libertarian on February 23, 2013 at 1:13 AM

tom, you actually getting it done this evening?

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 1:07 AM

epidural next week, then surgery in about 5 weeks. I don’t know why they couldn’t schedule it sooner.

tom daschle concerned on February 23, 2013 at 1:15 AM

We need to open a school for these Repubs in Congress.

Possible courses:
The Media is Not Your Friend and Never Will Be
The Left Plays for Keeps
Never Compromise with a Liberal; You’ll Be the ONLY One Compromising
The Money is Not Yours (101)
The Money is Not Yours (201)
The Money is Not Yours (101)/ Because You Need to Hear This Twice

There are plenty of others, I’m sure.

4Grace on February 23, 2013 at 1:15 AM

4Grace on February 23, 2013 at 1:10 AM

I love a late entrance.

John the Libertarian on February 23, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Haha. Unfortunately, it’s normally the only type of entrance I have time to make.

How are you, John?

4Grace on February 23, 2013 at 1:18 AM

I’m back. And just in time to meet Grace, I see. Evening, m’lady. :-)

tommy71 on February 23, 2013 at 1:18 AM

tom daschle concerned on February 23, 2013 at 1:15 AM

They are hedging the bet on the epidural taking. If it does it may stave you over for a bit. At least that would be my limited take with the info I have.

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 1:18 AM

There are plenty of others, I’m sure.

4Grace on February 23, 2013 at 1:15 AM

YOU all work for us, not the other way around. You are not princes and princesses, including the Punk in Chief.

——
tdc, indeed, and all the best. It’s easy for us to type. Must be very difficult to go through, especially with the long wait. Be here, often and be your usual feisty!

——-
Nite Jackie

Schadenfreude on February 23, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Lovely and talented one, better late than never. Now if we could just find Dire. lol! ; )

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 1:19 AM

I’m back. And just in time to meet Grace, I see. Evening, m’lady. :-)

tommy71 on February 23, 2013 at 1:18 AM

Enchanted, m’lord. :)

4Grace on February 23, 2013 at 1:20 AM

SWalker on February 22, 2013 at 11:25 PM

I can hook you up with some world class studios. But I want a producer/engineer credit.

soundingboard on February 23, 2013 at 12:19 AM

If you can work out the financing, I’m certain we could come to an agreement on producer points and credits… ;)

Disclosure: I am a ASCAP member (Licensed publisher) and former small independent record company owner.

SWalker on February 23, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Good evening, B! And yes, where is that wascally Dire? Hmmm

4Grace on February 23, 2013 at 1:23 AM

4Grace on February 23, 2013 at 1:18 AM

I am well, Grace. Better than usual, because I’m with my 7-year-old angel and all is right with the world. Yet, on that note, she will be up at the crack of dawn wanting to play play play play play play, so I must depart and get a few winks so as not to frighten her with grumpy need-another-coffee John. Goooood night!

Hoping and assuming all is well with you…

John the Libertarian on February 23, 2013 at 1:26 AM

John the Libertarian on February 23, 2013 at 1:26 AM

All is super on this end!

Goodnight, John. Have a blessed day tomorrow, complete with your very own angel. :)

4Grace on February 23, 2013 at 1:27 AM

4Grace on February 23, 2013 at 1:23 AM

He has turned into a bit of a slacker as of late. I’m sure there must be a good reason. I decided to link my nom. Yes, no, maybe. What do you think?

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 1:27 AM

Good Night John, Sleep Well. Soak her up all you can my friend. ; )

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 1:28 AM

SWalker on February 22, 2013 at 11:25 PM

soundingboard on February 23, 2013 at 12:19 AM

SWalker on February 23, 2013 at 1:22 AM

I should also point out that I haven’t done ANYTHING in the music industry since the mid 90′s.

SWalker on February 23, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Speaking of Dire, he played this a week ago, give or take. It’s been stuck in my head!

Living on a Thin Line

4Grace on February 23, 2013 at 1:30 AM

Dire is probably in his finest western shirt, pressed wranglers, boots off, pulling chilled hits from his Lebanese hookah.

Dire seems like a mint/apple Al Fakher type.

He has Dark Side of the Moon on the platter and the black light on.

tom daschle concerned on February 23, 2013 at 1:30 AM

tom daschle concerned on February 23, 2013 at 1:30 AM

Nice visual. Lol!

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 1:33 AM

What do you think?

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 1:27 AM

A hearty YES!

4Grace on February 23, 2013 at 1:33 AM

tom daschle concerned on February 23, 2013 at 1:30 AM

ROFL. That’s perfect, tom!

4Grace on February 23, 2013 at 1:35 AM

A hearty YES!

4Grace on February 23, 2013 at 1:33 AM

I wondered because a lot of folks here have said the avoid the linked noms. I figure I;ll add the new visuals to the top as I go, to keep it interesting for the folks who have clicked before.

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 1:35 AM

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 1:35 AM

Absolutely. Keep it linked for as long as you feel necessary.

4Grace on February 23, 2013 at 1:38 AM

4Grace, you mentioned the song stuck in your head. This one is lodged firmly in the little bit of grey matter I have left. I have absolutely no idea why. Odd.

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 1:39 AM

311 hits today since I first showed the link at around 5:00 this afternoon. I hope folks like it.

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Must be the cowbell. ;)

4Grace on February 23, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 1:40 AM

Wow, that’s a lot. But then, it’s a great collection you’ve begun there.

4Grace on February 23, 2013 at 1:43 AM

Happy bday resist me munch

SparkPlug on February 23, 2013 at 1:43 AM

Grace and I are drinking buddies.

SparkPlug on February 23, 2013 at 1:44 AM

4Grace on February 23, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Good point, you can never have too much cowbell. Wow I must be sliding towards the sheets I misspelled five words in this short comment. Either that or I’m getting a contact high off of tom. ; )

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 1:44 AM

4Grace on February 23, 2013 at 1:43 AM

I treat it like a business. I watch the eb and flow of the hits. This place will get you the hits if you time it right. One reason that I’m a wee bit skeptical of having the nom linked. Time will tell. ; )

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Not sure why, but thought of this song the other day for the first time in a zillion years.

4Grace on February 23, 2013 at 1:47 AM

3235 total hits thus far on my blog links that I have posted here.

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Happy bday resist me munch

SparkPlug on February 23, 2013 at 1:43 AM

Didn’t know this. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RWM!!

Grace and I are drinking buddies.

SparkPlug on February 23, 2013 at 1:44 AM

Uh oh, I don’t seem to recall that particular event!

4Grace on February 23, 2013 at 1:49 AM

4Grace on February 23, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Wow that will dust the cob webs off. Great head of hair that one. ; )

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 1:50 AM

Happy Birthday RWM.

soundingboard on February 23, 2013 at 1:52 AM

4Grace on February 23, 2013 at 1:47 AM

We were both you know who’s age. Lol! Great tune!

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Time will tell. ; )

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Indeed. Perhaps keep it linked while it’s new. You can always unlink at any time. Then, after the next open reg, link it again. lol

4Grace on February 23, 2013 at 1:53 AM

We were both you know who’s age. Lol! Great tune!

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Haha. Ixnay on the agenay stuff, B!

4Grace on February 23, 2013 at 1:56 AM

Well I think that about does it for me, long day, sleep will be pleasant.

Good Night All.

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 1:56 AM

Haha. Ixnay on the agenay stuff, B!

4Grace on February 23, 2013 at 1:56 AM

Lol! Good night my dear. xoxo

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 1:57 AM

Goodnight, B. Many pleasant dreams to you.

4Grace on February 23, 2013 at 1:58 AM

OK, I’m out for the night as well, good night everyone.

SWalker on February 23, 2013 at 1:59 AM

night b

tom daschle concerned on February 23, 2013 at 1:59 AM

Goodnight, SWalker!

4Grace on February 23, 2013 at 2:03 AM

We need to rename the sequester. It should be called The Decrease in Budget Increases.

4Grace on February 23, 2013 at 2:06 AM

***The following is a test of the Emergency Troll Calling System.***

PALIN! PALIN! PALIN! PALIN! PALIN!! PALIN!!! PALIN!!! PAAAALIN!

***This is only a test. If this had been a true Emergency Troll Call, we would have posted a picture of PALIN in cowboy boots. This concludes our test.***

4Grace on February 23, 2013 at 2:11 AM

Was this discussed and I missed it? It’s from Monday on a new book coming out.

“It is not going too far to say that American foreign policy has become completely subservient to tactical domestic political considerations.”

This stern verdict comes from Vali Nasr, who spent two years working for the Obama administration before becoming dean of the Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies. In a book called The Dispensable Nation,” to be published in April, Nasr delivers a devastating portrait of a first-term foreign policy that shunned the tough choices of real diplomacy, often descended into pettiness, and was controlled “by a small cabal of relatively inexperienced White House advisers.”

…Nasr was led to the reluctant conclusion that the principal aim of Obama’s policies “is not to make strategic decisions but to satisfy public opinion.”

In this sense the first-term Obama foreign policy was successful: He was re-elected.

INC on February 23, 2013 at 2:13 AM

4Grace on February 23, 2013 at 2:11 AM

INC on February 23, 2013 at 2:13 AM

INC on February 23, 2013 at 2:13 AM

Hello, INC! Don’t know if it was discussed, but this is the first I’ve heard of the book. Although most of us have come to the same conclusion as Nasr, it would be interesting to hear a few details from a former employee.

4Grace on February 23, 2013 at 2:18 AM

Off to bed.

GOODNIGHT to all. Have a glorious Saturday!

4Grace on February 23, 2013 at 2:27 AM

Any ghosts out there?

SparkPlug on February 23, 2013 at 4:53 AM

Any ghosts out there?

SparkPlug on February 23, 2013 at 4:53 AM

No such thing as ghosts. :-)

Liam on February 23, 2013 at 5:01 AM

Dire Straits was here..:)

PS..That new “Submit Comment” button is cool!..:)

Dire Straits on February 23, 2013 at 6:35 AM

meow

tommy71 on February 23, 2013 at 7:02 AM

Salute!

tommy71 on February 23, 2013 at 7:09 AM

@tommy71 on February 23, 2013 at 7:09 AM. “Return salute” Tommy. Read any good studies lately? Not for anything but when I visited weather.com this morning, there’s Barky’s face and an ad promoting the google hang. Seems there is no place he won’t plaster his face.

indypat on February 23, 2013 at 7:22 AM

@indypat lol. Hes the American Idol Presidente. Who you think gonna win the Oscars?

tommy71 on February 23, 2013 at 7:28 AM

@tommy71 Couldn’t tell you T. The last movie Mr and I went to see was Act of Valor. Now that was Oscar-worthy! Haven’t seen any of the current crop, although the Bin Laden movie has some appeal, just ’cause the Libs hate it and our guys kicked butt. Discretionary spending is one of the few things we can still control. Anyway, what is your Oscar pick? Is your day going well?

indypat on February 23, 2013 at 7:35 AM

Interesting story…. ‘Ishinomaki, a Japanese city that was devastated by the 2011 tsunami disaster, remains mystified after receiving anonymous gifts of gold bars worth over $300,000. The package arrived about a month ahead of the disaster’s second anniversary on March 11. More gold bars were sent to other area organizations. They were mailed from northwest of Tokyo, with an insciption ‘Assistance’. The handwriting on all parcels appeared the same, suggesting a good Samaritan. Over at the Ishinomaki Revival Support network, the gift sparked disbelief. “I opened the mail half-worried as it was heavy…..and then everybody in the room said ‘Wow!’,” said Yoshie Kaneko, who heads the non-profit group’. And thats my happy story for the day. There is good in the world. Heres wishing that this story makes you smile, and gives you hope. :-)

tommy71 on February 23, 2013 at 7:41 AM

@indypat I’m hoping for Zero Dark Thirty. But the nutty progs in the film industry won’t allow it to win. Hoping anyway. :-)

tommy71 on February 23, 2013 at 7:47 AM

***The following is a test of the Emergency Troll Calling System.***

PALIN! PALIN! PALIN! PALIN! PALIN!! PALIN!!! PALIN!!! PAAAALIN!

4Grace on February 23, 2013 at 2:11 AM

LMFAO.

Add- LEVIN! LEVIN! LEVIN! LEEEEEVIN!!!!

BG loves her some Cruz…tickles me Palin does too.

bazil9 on February 23, 2013 at 7:58 AM

Sat mornining..
CMS sleeps in a bit
and KJ makes his lovely bride breakfast.

bazil9 on February 23, 2013 at 8:01 AM

‘Hillary Clinton has signed up for the speaking circuit and will charge a whopping $200,000 per appearance, an amount more than her annual salary as SoS, which was $186,000 per year’. 5 speeches a year, and its a kewl 1 mill. Not bad.

tommy71 on February 23, 2013 at 8:10 AM

tommy71 on February 23, 2013 at 7:41 AM. Great story. That’s my idea of discretionary spending-doing unexpected good. You’re a point of light.
Time to go to work here-a full day grading the products of young skulls full of mush. Carry on.

indypat on February 23, 2013 at 8:12 AM

Have a great day, indypat. :-)

tommy71 on February 23, 2013 at 8:15 AM

What the heck is B9 still doing up?

cozmo on February 23, 2013 at 8:40 AM

People are all for cuts unless it impacts them personally.
With 10,000 + people a day turning 65, SS and Medicare is sacred-as well as Vets.
I see from a previous thread/poll the top decrease was for
foreign aid. Not a big shocker.

I worked Govt,Big Corp, and now small family business. Interesting variety and how I saw $ spent and how each was ran.

Govt- I saw much waste, inefficiency, and abuse. No one cared..here is your budget-use it. Doesn’t impact you. At the end of the year..use it all or next year they will cut your budget-keep the $ flowing! People who didn’t earn their positions and did a lousy job..but unless they raped a puppy-they were not going anywhere. especially if in a protected class.

Corp and big business…when things were good they didn’t keep an eye on waste..but when our stock went down and the top dogs didn’t get their big bonuses..oh then we focused on slashing,waste and eliminating depts,programs and positions that didnt serve us well.
You didn’t perform well-you were 1st on the chopping block when it was lay off time. Still sensitive to protected classes but built a case.

Small business..we want maximum profits-watch our over head and $ with laser like focus. I am independent consultant and my expenses keep me with skin in the game. You better believe I watch every penny and think about how to maximize my profits and spend what I need to carefully. Much like I do my household. You don’t do your job..we term you and don’t give a damn what “class” your in.

“Obama added that “this should be a no-brainer.”

LMAO

The Govt is filled with waste,fraud,abuse,corruption, inefficiency,and Dept’s that can be eliminated or cut completely. That is a NO Brainer. It isn’t their $ and they have a lot of crony backs to scratch. Asking people..do you want to increase or decrease spending on X- is easy. Show the people what these agencies/depts budgets are and what they are spending your $ on. I am quite positive there is plenty that can be cut and never missed.
Time to give the bloated Govt a diuretic.

bazil9 on February 23, 2013 at 8:45 AM

What the heck is B9 still doing up?

cozmo on February 23, 2013 at 8:40 AM

I had me a good sleep. Left here and crashed early.
Why you up?

bazil9 on February 23, 2013 at 8:46 AM

bazil9 on February 23, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Good morning..:)

Dire Straits on February 23, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Mornin’ Dire!
I never see you in the daylight. :)

bazil9 on February 23, 2013 at 8:53 AM

Why you up?

bazil9 on February 23, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Its Saturday. I’m preparing shipments and getting ready to make some new molds.

And folding pants…

cozmo on February 23, 2013 at 8:58 AM

And folding pants…

cozmo on February 23, 2013 at 8:58 AM

LOL :)

May I ask what type of molds?

bazil9 on February 23, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Dire..hopefully you girl has
quit ruining the chicken with ketchup. ;)
I tease..for some reason that really cracked me up.
And don’t worry..I have new neighbors..but they do have
a palm tree and they have a Zero sticker on their car…
lmao.

bazil9 on February 23, 2013 at 9:02 AM

May I ask what type of molds?

bazil9 on February 23, 2013 at 9:00 AM

Silicone molds to cast resin model kits.

cozmo on February 23, 2013 at 9:04 AM

I see. Well here’s is a to a productive day for you-Coz.
I plan on being lazy and non-productive. :)
I have to have one day like that. Although..I start itching to
get something done. I am starting a little pot garden..may mess with that.

bazil9 on February 23, 2013 at 9:11 AM

A garden in pots…
not a MJ garden.
lol

bazil9 on February 23, 2013 at 9:12 AM

bazil9 on February 23, 2013 at 9:12 AM

How ’bout a pot garden of pot?

cozmo on February 23, 2013 at 9:24 AM

MOrnin’, y’all! About this Gun Control Initiative…My take.

kingsjester on February 23, 2013 at 9:26 AM

cozmo on February 23, 2013 at 9:04 AM

Car model kits?

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 9:28 AM

Mostly armor, ships and sci-fi.

Already lots of garage car kitters out there.

Though I do have a kit car I am contemplating making a kit of. A Brubaker Box.

cozmo on February 23, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I want Ted Cruz, and I want him now. He needs to run for president in 2016, and that’s the end of it.

bluegill on February 23, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I am through with the idiots and the pretenders. I want skill, I want substance and I want a backbone. Give me Ted Cruz. Romney was the best of the bunch last time, and I suspect that Ted Cruz will be the best of the bunch this time.

I am on the Cruz patrol, full steam ahead to victory.

bluegill on February 23, 2013 at 9:37 AM

bazil9 on February 23, 2013 at 9:02 AM

Your memory is very good..I tip my fedora..:)

PS..Great to see you..:)

Dire Straits on February 23, 2013 at 9:40 AM

How ’bout a pot garden of pot?

cozmo on February 23, 2013 at 9:24 AM

heh heh heh..way things are going..
I will need a good buzz to get through the next few years.
With inflation, can’t afford the munchies.

bazil9 on February 23, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Morning, anyone still here?

SWalker on February 23, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Your memory is very good..I tip my fedora..:)

PS..Great to see you..:)

Dire Straits on February 23, 2013 at 9:40 AM

:) I have a detailed memory..problem is that
it is always for silly things. The important stuff I can’t remember!
Espechially numbers.
lol

Always nice to see you too Dire.
Hmmm..you always play this for me..must be a reason.

bazil9 on February 23, 2013 at 9:45 AM

SWalker on February 23, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Just you and bluegills. The rest of us are in your imagination.

With inflation, can’t afford the munchies.

bazil9 on February 23, 2013 at 9:40 AM

And when 0bamacre makes junk food illegal, the penalty for possession will be greater than having the pot.

cozmo on February 23, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Hi Swalker! meow.

bazil9 on February 23, 2013 at 9:47 AM

A Brubaker Box.

cozmo on February 23, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I am googling now.

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 9:47 AM

cozmo on February 23, 2013 at 9:47 AM

I’ll make a killing baking brownies in silicone molds shaped like broccoli-add a little green food coloring..

bazil9 on February 23, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 9:47 AM

You would be better off searching for ArkII. The rover is a modified Brubaker Box. I made that kit on a whim and it has been a consistent seller for over a decade. People wanted a more accurate version with a rover.

cozmo on February 23, 2013 at 9:52 AM

I am googling now.

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Me, too.

Whoa, that’s kinda awesome.

Fallon on February 23, 2013 at 9:52 AM

bazil9 on February 23, 2013 at 9:52 AM

In an 0bamaworld, people must be creative to survive.

Shape those brownies like hand grenades…

cozmo on February 23, 2013 at 9:53 AM

I’m calling it right now.

Ted Cruz, 2016 Republican nominee for president.

You all heard it here first. You can quote me in a few years. On Feb 23, 2013 bluegill called the election.

bluegill on February 23, 2013 at 9:53 AM

The night crew is
here. Yay!

Hi Cindy-been a while!
I recently learned CMS and i are from the same place.
Must have a get together one day.

bazil9 on February 23, 2013 at 9:54 AM

I see someone is bored this morning and trying to be interesting.

Cindy Munford on February 23, 2013 at 9:54 AM