Quotes of the day

posted at 8:41 pm on February 22, 2013 by Allahpundit

President Obama said that with less than a week before $85 billion of automatic across-the-board cuts hit, he still believes that lawmakers “have the opportunity to make the right decisions” to avert the sequester.

“Hope springs eternal,” Obama said during a brief press conference with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe. “And I will just keep on making my case not only to Congress, but more importantly the American people to take a smart approach to deficit reduction and do it in a way that doesn’t endanger our economy and endanger jobs.”…

Obama added that “this should be a no-brainer.”

***

A quick scan of recent headlines and you’ll see that enacting the cuts will make the U.S. a second-rate military power, keep you from seeing part of the Grand Canyon, poison your food and leave you sitting on an airport tarmac for an hour and a half. Also, someone from the federal government will come into your home, kick your dog, take you off the do-not-call list, and borrow your car without filling it back up.

Of course, if you’ve paid attention to these fights before, you know that is a classic case of Washington Monument Syndrome. Threaten to cut government budgets and it always turns out that the amount you want to reduce spending by is precisely the amount that was needed to pay police, firefighters, and teachers. We probably won’t be able to afford to immunize crippled orphans against rabies either, so you heartless Republicans are just going to have to live with the knowledge that you were responsible for the wolves rising to power in the inner cities.

***

In a Wall Street Journal op-ed Wednesday, House Speaker John Boehner describes the upcoming sequester as a policy “that threatens U.S. national security, thousands of jobs and more.”

Which leads to the question: Why would Republicans support a measure that threatens national security and thousands of jobs? Boehner and the GOP are determined to allow the $1.2 trillion sequester go into effect unless President Obama and Democrats agree to replacement cuts, of an equal amount, that target entitlement spending. If that doesn’t happen — and it seems entirely unlikely — the sequester goes into effect, with the GOP’s blessing…

The effect of Boehner’s argument is to make Obama seem reasonable in comparison. After all, the president certainly agrees with Boehner that the sequester cuts threaten national security and jobs. The difference is that Obama wants to avoid them. At the same time, Boehner is contributing to Republican confusion on the question of whether the cuts are in fact “deep” or whether they are relatively minor.

Could the GOP message on the sequester be any more self-defeating?

***

Democrats get to do the P.C. Shimmy. Traditional presidents go through a normal set of motions: They identify a problem. They come up with a proposal to address the problem. They try to convince the country that their proposal is the best approach.

Under the Permanent Campaign Shimmy, the president identifies a problem. Then he declines to come up with a proposal to address the problem. Then he comes up with a vague-but-politically-convenient concept that doesn’t address the problem (let’s raise taxes on the rich). Then he goes around the country blasting the opposition for not having as politically popular a concept. Then he returns to Washington and congratulates himself for being the only serious and substantive person in town…

He does have a vague and politically convenient concept. (Tax increases on the rich!) He does have a chance to lead the country into a budget showdown with furloughed workers and general mayhem, for which people will primarily blame Republicans. And he does have the chance to achieve the same thing he has achieved so frequently over the past two years, political success and legislative mediocrity.

***

Meanwhile, with a budget higher than it was even at the peak of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, the Pentagon is resisting attempts to force it to audit its own finances. Congress passed a law back in 1990 requiring such an audit, to no avail. Last year, Sens. Tom Coburn, R-Okla., and Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., introduced the Audit the Pentagon Act, which would try again to force a look inside the maze of Pentagon spending.

Now, with the Defense Department sounding the alarm about sequestration, some budget hawks on Capitol Hill are doubtful. “It’s difficult to take these doomsday scenarios seriously when the Pentagon can’t even audit its own books,” says a spokesman for Coburn. “We would argue that the Defense Department has the authority to reprioritize funding toward vital needs and away from less vital spending. As Sen. Coburn has detailed, the department spends nearly $70 billion each year on ‘nondefense’ defense spending that has nothing to do with our national security.”

If the sequestration cuts go into effect, many members of Congress will be watching the Pentagon closely.

***

Indiana Rep. Larry Bucshon, who represents a once-swingy seat shored up in redistricting, says “the two percent of the federal budget that’s going to be cut by this should not have a dramatic effect on Hoosiers.” Mississippi Rep. Greg Harper, from the Jackson area, just blames the cuts on the president and says “the solution is to raise taxes, it’s just not going to happen.”

And then there’s Virginia Rep. Scott Rigell. A former car dealer, a man who defeated a Tea Party primary challenger in 2010 and took one of the state’s defense industry-heavy Tidewater, Rigell is running around warning of falling skies. “This is not a theoretical problem like it is up in Washington. This is reality,” he tells a Norfolk, Va. station. “This is not a tornado that hits in the middle of the night and you’re totally disoriented,” he tells the Washington Examiner. “You’re tracking it and watching it come up.” He tells the Wall Street Journal that he’s actually open to closing tax loopholes for new revenue — GOP dogma is that loopholes can only be closed if taxes are cuts somewhere else…

I enjoy the new, #slatepitchy argument that gerrymandering is overrated as an issue, and that it doesn’t influence whether members moderate their votes or not, but sequestration’s putting that to a test.

***

The Pew poll found that only 27 percent said they knew “a lot” about the sequester, while 43 percent said they knew “a little” and 29 percent said they knew “nothing at all.” The most ignorant are Democrats: 33 percent said they knew nothing at all, compared with 29 percent of independents and only 22 percent of Republicans.

That helps to explain President Obama’s shameless demagoguery on the issue. For a lot of those voters his speeches may be the first time they are hearing about this. I wonder how many of those listening know the sequester was the White House’s idea in the first place, that Obama signed it into law and initially vowed to veto any effort to undo it?

***

Via Newsbusters.

***

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

Via NRO.

***

Via Daily Rushbo.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 3 4 5 6 7

tommy71 on February 22, 2013 at 11:40 PM

Dude, he’s hitting on you.

Bmore on February 22, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Jackie, you’re right. And it wasn’t his PA. It was him directly calling me. Weird. And Ken, yeah, hes called me to his office on Mon. I have to say that from what I heard, I don’t like him. He addressed me continuously by my first name as if we’d been friends for years, though I never ever met him. Weirded me out.

tommy71 on February 22, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Do you work for this guy by any chance?

SWalker on February 22, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Does anyone here like anchovies on pepperoni pizza?

Rusty Allen on February 22, 2013 at 11:33 PM

I read today that, if you hate them, they can be substituted by water or olive oil packed sardines, for same nutricious effect and milder taste.

Schadenfreude on February 22, 2013 at 11:56 PM

@Scrumpy No, I’m not looking for work or any biz opportunities. I’m fine as I am. I do try and write poetry, but I suck at it. ;-)

tommy71 on February 22, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Imagine if all of a sudden, the President called you. Whatever you may think about him, you immediate response to all quests would be Yes, Mr. President. lol

tommy71 on February 22, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Meh, I’m not overly inclined to be wonderstruck by famous people. If Barack Obama called me, I would be more apt to tell him to phuck off and hang up on him.

SWalker on February 22, 2013 at 11:59 PM

tommy71 on February 22, 2013 at 11:50 PM

Based on this, I wouldn’t even consider going, unless the HR dept. would be involved. To each their own. We don’t know you, nor him, but it is highly suspect/unusual. Be careful. You seem to be world savvy and must know best.

Schadenfreude on February 22, 2013 at 11:59 PM

B, for Gods sake, I’m straight as an arrow. Yikes!

tommy71 on February 22, 2013 at 11:59 PM

I generally prefer tables also. Unless they’re the ones that sit up high like a bar stool. I like having my feet on the ground. *plus it’s not as far to fall* :D

predator on February 22, 2013 at 10:39 PM

Homer’s Law: You can’t fall off the floor.

soundingboard on February 22, 2013 at 11:59 PM

tommy71 on February 22, 2013 at 11:58 PM

It was in ref to the creepy CEO calling you, just wondered why that’s all :-)

Scrumpy on February 23, 2013 at 12:00 AM

SWalker on February 22, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Heh, he should have the misfortune to ever call me.

Schadenfreude on February 23, 2013 at 12:01 AM

thatsafactjack on February 22, 2013 at 11:51 PM

You are definitely not the only one who likes green olives on pizza. It’s still not a common topping on pizza in my neck of the woods — black olives, fine; green ones, not so much. I used to like black olives when I was a kid. Now I think they’re pretty much tasteless.

In the last several years, someone got me turned on to those big green Greek olives stuffed with asiago, gorgonzola or feta cheese that some grocery stores sell in their deli. Yum!

PatriotGal2257 on February 23, 2013 at 12:01 AM

B, for Gods sake, I’m straight as an arrow. Yikes!

tommy71 on February 22, 2013 at 11:59 PM

Yeah, but he may not be, hey it happens. Go figure. Did you accidentally do something to lead him on. I’m not saying you did, but maybe it was something he perceived. Either way you have until Monday to figure it all out, right?

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Schadenfreude on February 22, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Yes, absolutely.

thatsafactjack on February 23, 2013 at 12:02 AM

tommy71 on February 22, 2013 at 11:55 PM

No way. The Punk doesn’t deserve your respect. He goes to the bathroom like you do…well, maybe he doesn’t even do that.

Plus, he s/b our servant not the other way around. This charlatanic thug will get his day. It’s just a matter of time.

You should respect the office but he lowered the standard of it so much that I don’t even care about that decorum any more. SWalker is nice about it.

Schadenfreude on February 23, 2013 at 12:04 AM

thatsafactjack on February 22, 2013 at 11:51 PM

PatriotGal2257 on February 23, 2013 at 12:01 AM

My favorite Pizza is the Extravaganza from Domino’s… It’s got almost everything on it.

SWalker on February 23, 2013 at 12:04 AM

PatriotGal2257 on February 23, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Yes… they’re excellent! I, too, find the dark olives sort of tasteless. The green ones are so much more flavorful. :)

thatsafactjack on February 23, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 12:01 AM

Did you war a skirt that could be considered too short for the workplace?

KCB on February 23, 2013 at 12:05 AM

SW, nope. My work has nothing to do with his industry. Schad, thanks for the advice. Scrumpy, yep. lol

tommy71 on February 23, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Schadenfreude on February 23, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Exactly, and that’s why it is, and always has been appropriate to refer to the president as ‘Mr.’ He is our employee, just as those in any part of government or PUBLIC SERVICE… are our employees.

When the insipid Chris Rock had the gall to suggest that Obama was ‘like our dad’…I thought then that someone should remind the jerk that Obama works for us.. he’s not our ‘dad’.

But then, I know who my father was…

thatsafactjack on February 23, 2013 at 12:08 AM

SWalker on February 23, 2013 at 12:04 AM

I’m going to have to try that. Of course, I’ll have to order it separately for myself because I guarantee my hubby won’t touch it. But that’s fine. LOL

PatriotGal2257 on February 23, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Calling it a night Hot Air! As usual i enjoyed hanging with you! Take care and I will see you tomorrow!

KCB on February 23, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Jackie, if you find the Greaber type olives, they are simply the best. They taste like marinated nuts, are green, mildly salted, mildly oily, simply delicious. Plus, family business since a long time ago…mhhhh

If available they are next to the other olives in large grocery stores.

Schadenfreude on February 23, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Night Ken, sleep well, dude.

tommy71 on February 23, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Nite Ken.

Schadenfreude on February 23, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Good night Ken…

SWalker on February 23, 2013 at 12:12 AM

KCB on February 23, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Goodnight, Ken. Sleep well. :)

thatsafactjack on February 23, 2013 at 12:12 AM

PatriotGal2257 on February 23, 2013 at 12:01 AM

thatsafactjack on February 23, 2013 at 12:05 AM

I’ve been known to eat a whole container of them with a French baguette. I’m making myself hungry! LOL

PatriotGal2257 on February 23, 2013 at 12:12 AM

good night Ken…

Scrumpy on February 23, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Schadenfreude on February 23, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Thanks very much for the tip, Schadenfreude. I’ll look for them and try them. :)

thatsafactjack on February 23, 2013 at 12:13 AM

Sleep well, Ken!

PatriotGal2257 on February 23, 2013 at 12:13 AM

SWalker on February 22, 2013 at 11:22 PM

hah!

soundingboard on February 23, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Good night folks God Bless :-)

*swoosh*

Scrumpy on February 23, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Schadenfreude on February 23, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Indeed. Thanks for the tip about these olives.

PatriotGal2257 on February 23, 2013 at 12:14 AM

KCB on February 23, 2013 at 12:05 AM

HeIIfire KCB, I own the joint. tommy71 on the other hand may have a real issue.

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 12:15 AM

PatriotGal2257 on February 23, 2013 at 12:12 AM

LOL! You’re making me hungry, too!

thatsafactjack on February 23, 2013 at 12:15 AM

My advice to the gilled one apparently never worked. It called out Cindy a couple of nights ago and has been doubly vitriolic to all peeps ever since. Crap, can’t figure out that one. I try to get a person away from the dark side of the Force, but now they’ve embraced that side even harder.

tommy71 on February 23, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Good Night KCB, Sleep Well.

Good Night Scrumpy, Pleasant Dreams.

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Scrumpy on February 23, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Goodnight, Spritely One! See you soon. Sleep well. :)

thatsafactjack on February 23, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Good night folks God Bless :-)

*swoosh*

Scrumpy on February 23, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Good night and God bless to you, Scrumpy.

As for me, I am going to go *poof* myself. Early morning happenings await.

Good night and God bless to all of you fine people here, and I’ll be seeing you tomorrow.

PatriotGal2257 on February 23, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Nite Scrumpy. Sleep well, dear.

tommy71 on February 23, 2013 at 12:17 AM

tommy71, if it turns out the guy is hitting on you, what is your plan?

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 12:18 AM

PatriotGal2257 on February 23, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Goodnight, PatriotGal! Sleep well. :)

thatsafactjack on February 23, 2013 at 12:18 AM

I mean, you need to have a plan, so you will be in control of the situation.

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 12:18 AM

SWalker on February 22, 2013 at 11:25 PM

I can hook you up with some world class studios. But I want a producer/engineer credit.

soundingboard on February 23, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Good Night PatriotGal2257, Pleasant Dreams.

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 12:19 AM

B, that ain’t possible. Hes never seen me, nor I, him. Never seen him in person, that is. And hes called me to his off. That ain’t a social setting. The dude moves around in social circles that wouldn’t let me in even if I cleaned up good, and had a million $ suit. lol. So, never met him. I’ll find out on Mon, I guess.

tommy71 on February 23, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Nite, PG. Sleep well.

tommy71 on February 23, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Jackie and PatriotGal, the Graeber olives are sold with the pits and are not for pizzas. They are eaten out of the can, well, out of a dish, as is, as snacks, aperitifs…they need no accompaniment of any kind.

Schadenfreude on February 23, 2013 at 12:26 AM

If available they are next to the other olives in large grocery stores.

Schadenfreude on February 23, 2013 at 12:11 AM

bookmarked. I am an olive fiend. I’ve never seen them in my local grocer.

tom daschle concerned on February 23, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Good black ones – Italian Gaeta oil cured whole olives

Schadenfreude on February 23, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Heads up to the peeps. In case you don’t see me here after Mon, it means that FEMA has used the dude to entrap me, and am in a reeducation camp. ;-) So don’t accept any calls from famous people. lol

tommy71 on February 23, 2013 at 12:32 AM

bookmarked. I am an olive fiend. I’ve never seen them in my local grocer.

tom daschle concerned on February 23, 2013 at 12:30 AM

They are easy to overlook – usually just a few cans are available. If not, the site sells them in packages. Trust, they are worth every penny. Get them as a special gift to yourself. I used to hate olives until I learned about them.

Schadenfreude on February 23, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Schadenfreude on February 23, 2013 at 12:26 AM

I love whole olives as a snack. Very healthy and tasty, too. I just try to be discreet about the pits. LOL!

thatsafactjack on February 23, 2013 at 12:34 AM

I’ve been on a kalamata in olive oil and date balsalmic with oregano kick. Time to change it up a bit.

tom daschle concerned on February 23, 2013 at 12:35 AM

tommy71 on February 23, 2013 at 12:23 AM

There is the possibility that you’re the wrong Tommy and there is another one that he wants to talk to.

RickB on February 23, 2013 at 12:35 AM

thatsafactjack on February 23, 2013 at 12:34 AM

You will adore these, I promise. They are packed in water, not that fattening either. Heh, about the pits. Life.

Schadenfreude on February 23, 2013 at 12:35 AM

tom daschle concerned on February 23, 2013 at 12:35 AM

Only edible dried figs, best on Earth, Kalamata!

p.s. just my taste, of course – there are many others which c/b consumed, such as home-dried, for ex.

Schadenfreude on February 23, 2013 at 12:37 AM

munching.

SparkPlug on February 23, 2013 at 12:38 AM

tom daschle concerned on February 23, 2013 at 12:35 AM

That sounds tasty, too. How have you been? Are you feeling any better?

thatsafactjack on February 23, 2013 at 12:38 AM

tommy71 on February 23, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Well, just don’t take your eyes off him. Be careful. Hows your tell? Might want to practice keeping that face tell thingy.

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 12:39 AM

balsamic with Gorgonzola cheese.

SparkPlug on February 23, 2013 at 12:40 AM

@RickB Possible, I guess. Still doesn’t explain how he got my cellphone no. I’ll know by Mon.

tommy71 on February 23, 2013 at 12:40 AM

When the moon hits your eye like a big pizza pie that’s amore.

SparkPlug on February 23, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 12:39 AM

You mean beta-boy?

SparkPlug on February 23, 2013 at 12:41 AM

tommy71 on February 23, 2013 at 12:23 AM

For what it’s worth to you, Tommy, I once received a similar call. It was from a her, rather than a ‘him’, and she had just put her biggest competitor out of business. She had been celebrating before she called. When we met, she explained that she wanted to promote me to head of the operation, as she wanted to ‘relax and do other things’. I accepted the offer.

thatsafactjack on February 23, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Oh yeah B. I’ll be careful as hell. I’m curious too. Some big shot wants to meet little ole me. Lol.

tommy71 on February 23, 2013 at 12:43 AM

thatsafactjack on February 23, 2013 at 12:38 AM

doped up, and awaiting surgery. fallen countenance.

Trying not to let my cynicism and nihilism get the best of me, and I’m not sure how that is working out.

tom daschle concerned on February 23, 2013 at 12:44 AM

Schadenfreude on February 23, 2013 at 12:37 AM

I like to eat whole olives with smoked Gouda cheese, too. The flavors are very complimentary and the Gouda is creamy.

thatsafactjack on February 23, 2013 at 12:44 AM

Wow Jackie, now thats something I can look forward to. Inspiring.

tommy71 on February 23, 2013 at 12:45 AM

tom, keep it together, brother. We need folks like you. Its painful and difficult, I accept. But never let go of hope, and a new dawn. You WILL get through this harrowing season. Hold on, bro.

tommy71 on February 23, 2013 at 12:49 AM

You mean beta-boy?

SparkPlug on February 23, 2013 at 12:41 AM

You see where I’m going with all this don’t you. Took long enough!

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 12:49 AM

A little current events related comic relief for a Friday evening. Language warning.

xblade on February 23, 2013 at 12:50 AM

tom daschle concerned on February 23, 2013 at 12:44 AM

I understand how you’re feeling. Just the idea of surgery can be very daunting. The technique for that particular surgical procedure has seen vast improvements over the last few years. We here at HA will be pulling for you, too, and we’ll keep you company as you recover. :)

thatsafactjack on February 23, 2013 at 12:50 AM

tommy71 on February 23, 2013 at 12:43 AM

If he gives you to rough a time, send him my way, I have a cure for what ales him. ; )

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 12:50 AM

doped up, and awaiting surgery. fallen countenance.

tom daschle concerned on February 23, 2013 at 12:44 AM

The doped up part sounds intriguing, the rest, not that much. ; ) Good luck my brother. ; )

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 12:52 AM

Gotta wrap up a little pending work. Be right back.

tommy71 on February 23, 2013 at 12:53 AM

tom daschle concerned on February 23, 2013 at 12:44 AM

I don’t know what is ahead of you but I wish you strength and an expedited good outcome.

Schadenfreude on February 23, 2013 at 12:55 AM

Did HA have a post on the England’s credit rating downgrade?

tom daschle concerned on February 23, 2013 at 12:55 AM

Sleepy Lagoon – Harry James

thatsafactjack on February 23, 2013 at 12:56 AM

tommy71, if it turns out the guy is hitting on you, what is your plan?

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Man, if I had a nickel for how many guys have hit on me over the years… they’re always fishing. Typically I laugh a bit, thank them for the compliment, and tell them I’m flattered but it would be like kissing my brother. Nothing there. Basically I treat gay men as if they were really homely women. Who can’t drive.

John the Libertarian on February 23, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Did HA have a post on the England’s credit rating downgrade?

tom daschle concerned on February 23, 2013 at 12:55 AM

Not that I am aware of, without looking. You want me to look?

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 12:58 AM

tdc, I plead ignorance, having missed what lies ahead of you. No need to detail things, nor to share. Just know that I care and wish you weel, soon. Hang out here, as you can, and we’ll cheer you up, or annoy you, so as to distract.

Schadenfreude on February 23, 2013 at 12:59 AM

John the Libertarian on February 23, 2013 at 12:57 AM

LOL!!! Good to see you John. Funny! In a humor sort of way,…………well both actually. ; )

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 12:59 AM

John the Libertarian on February 23, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Thought you were skiing?

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 1:00 AM

Thought you were skiing?

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 1:00 AM

Yup! I’m on the East Coast and took my daughter skiing. And ice skating. And to the movies. And on and on. Daddy is Santa Claus.

John the Libertarian on February 23, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Why Worry – Dire Straits

I bid you all a fond goodnight. It’s been a pleasure, as always. See you soon.

thatsafactjack on February 23, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Not that I am aware of, without looking. You want me to look?

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 12:58 AM

I looked and didn’t see any. I think that is odd…have we entered an era where credit downgrades are so ubiquitous that they don’t make news, or are none of the bloggers here concerned about jolly old?

tom daschle concerned on February 23, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Schadenfreude on February 23, 2013 at 12:59 AM

Thanks Schadenfreude, annoy me to no end. :-)

tom daschle concerned on February 23, 2013 at 1:04 AM

tom daschle concerned on February 23, 2013 at 1:02 AM

I used to rely on this place to cover the stuff I was really interested in. Oh well.

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 1:05 AM

I looked and didn’t see any.

tom daschle concerned on February 23, 2013 at 1:02 AM

When it comes to the media, nothing surprises me anymore. It’s beyond absurd. I love how Ace is needling CNN for the whole “ethnic purging” of Soledad O’Brien. The silence on this blatant racism is a deafening hypocrisy.

In any event, hope and pray all comes out just fine with you, as I’m sure it will. I do empathize with the pre-knife jitters. I hate hospitals with a passion.

John the Libertarian on February 23, 2013 at 1:05 AM

John the Libertarian on February 23, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Sounds like fun, fun, fun. You’re a good Dad John. She’s loving it I’m sure. ; )

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 1:06 AM

John the Libertarian on February 23, 2013 at 1:01 AM

World’s greatest daddy™

tom daschle concerned on February 23, 2013 at 1:06 AM

tom daschle concerned on February 23, 2013 at 1:06 AM

tom, you actually getting it done this evening?

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 1:07 AM

World’s greatest daddy™

tom daschle concerned on February 23, 2013 at 1:06 AM

I’d like to thank my director, and my producer, and of course my agent who has stuck with me all these long years…

It’s exhausting.

John the Libertarian on February 23, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Good Night Jackie, Pleasant Dreams.

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 1:08 AM

If they won’t enact the PAPPY PLAN that is so simple:

1. Seal the border.

2. 10% across the board spending cuts every year until the budget is balanced.

Then let’s put all the ruling class on one of these.

At least we’d be freaking entertained by these fools that lead us.

PappyD61 on February 23, 2013 at 1:09 AM

It’s exhausting.

John the Libertarian on February 23, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Lol! Yeah, but in a really great way. ; )

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 1:10 AM

She’s loving it I’m sure. ; )

Bmore on February 23, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Thanks, B. I push her pretty hard to accomplish scary things. Good self-esteem seems to be a girl’s best friend.

John the Libertarian on February 23, 2013 at 1:10 AM