Limbaugh: This sequester hysteria makes me ashamed of my country

posted at 9:21 am on February 22, 2013 by Ed Morrissey

We missed this yesterday, but this epic rant is worth a listen today, especially since even Politico started off the day wondering if Barack Obama’s hysteria on the sequester cuts he proposed was really sustainable.  Rush Limbaugh told his audience that this is nothing but the same nonsense he’s seen for the last quarter-century in order to justify eve-growing federal budgets.  It insults the intelligence of all Americans to see these scare tactics rolled out in opposition to a reduction in the increase of federal spending of just 2.2%, and the fact that people are buying it makes Rush “ashamed“:

“To be watching all of this, to have my intelligence – all of us – to have our common sense and intelligence insulted the way it is….it just makes me ashamed,” Limbaugh explained, “Seriously man, here we get worked up over 44 billion dollars – that’s the total amount of money that will not be spent that was scheduled to be spent this year.” …

I’ve said the same things over and over for 25 years,” Limbaugh said, adding that it didn’t matter who was in power. “It’s the same stuff, it’s the same threats, it’s the same arguments, over and over nothing ever changes.”

“We just keep spending more money, we create more dependency, we get more and more irresponsible one crisis to the next, all of them manufactured,” Limbaugh added. “Except for the real crisis that nobody ever addresses and that is we can’t afford it.”

Charlie Spiering wonders whether Rush deliberately timed this blast.  Four years and one day earlier, another commentator’s frustration boiled over, and sparked a political movement:

A similar frustration boiled over was when Rick Santelli gave his speech heard around the world calling for a new Tea Party

That rant was almost exactly four years ago, on February 19, 2009.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

listens2glenn on February 22, 2013 at 11:14 AM

I remember as a kid, seriously considering any mischief based on what God would see. And we weren’t even church goers. So now we have education taking the place of God and part of that is sexual education starting in primary school and yet we apparently have an epidemic of STD’s. Something isn’t working and I bet it isn’t God.

Cindy Munford on February 22, 2013 at 11:31 AM

stillings on February 22, 2013 at 11:11 AM

+ One Trillion!!

Cindy Munford on February 22, 2013 at 11:33 AM

And I don’t fight with my fellow conservatives, so just relax a bit and lay off the personal attacks. We can agree to disagree on Rush’s usefulness with amity.

RepubChica on February 22, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Shut yer yap, bigot.

Bishop on February 22, 2013 at 11:33 AM

I am entering my 8th decade. I remember what this country was, and I know what it has become. It is shameful. I feel as though I am surrounded by idiots in a country where hysteria rules. Little exists that is more disgusting than aggressive ignorance pumped by hysteria. We have been neutered. There are few Men left, and few Women. The fascination with zombies gives us a clue.

stillings on February 22, 2013 at 11:11 AM

The wisdom of the aged.

Cleombrotus on February 22, 2013 at 11:27 AM

The WWII Generation’s citizens still living among us, are our single greatest “non-renewable” resource, right now.

Dittos, what Cleombrotus said.

listens2glenn on February 22, 2013 at 11:34 AM

When anything Rush says garners anything more harmful than melting down the Capital Hill switchboard, get back to me.

Cindy Munford on February 22, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Frankly, I wish we had a thousand more like him given how effective the Democrats’ media operations are.

Doomberg on February 22, 2013 at 11:25 AM

Why? I think this gets to the crux of where we both have two totally different views on the state of this culture right now.

The majority of the country no long subscribes to the conservative viewpoint so having a thousand more celebs droning on about it day after day is going to change nothing.

Oh and LevinFan…I do know everything. I am a borderline prophet.

ClassicCon on February 22, 2013 at 11:36 AM

Number three, I am not calling Tea Party people low-information voters. I am calling them knee-jerk reactionaries. When you have a TP group putting out an e-mail with Karl Rove in an SS outfit (if it was a “mistake,” as they call it, it doesn’t speak well to their competence), that’s a problem.

KingGold on February 22, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Actually, I thought the Tea Party ad was right on so I guess I am a knee-jerk reactionary. Like Dr. Carson, I am tired of seeing free speech stifled by political correctness. And I am tired of the
know-it- alls who love to criticize but offer nothing. As Linclon said, “He has the right to criticize who has the heart to help.” How about you, KG? What have youdone to help?

fight like a girl on February 22, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Defiance of the “code of morality” laid out in the Christian Bible, is death.

You think he was speaking LITERALLY?!

I agree that we are one the same side. Like I mentioned even as a life long Atheist I would rather live in a Christian society than a leftist disaster any day.

ClassicCon on February 22, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Well, as Jesus said, “He who is not against you is for you” and as a great mentor of mine used to say, “If you can’t be a Christian, at least be a decent human being.”

Cleombrotus on February 22, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Shut yer yap, bigot.

Bishop on February 22, 2013 at 11:33 AM

;-)

RepubChica on February 22, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Are there cobwebs in your brain ClassicCon?

I asked you to get off your soapbox and name a relevant person on the right not debate my attitude towards Rush Limbaugh.

Relevant in YOUR eyes if you need that much help.

I know you can’t because then your little argument falls apart.

Or is no one relevant in your eyes and that is even more telling.

Conan on February 22, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Wow…Rush really means a lot to you. Cute.

My argument that Rush in not relevant was proven correct last Nov….and the Nov. four years before that….and the fact that every GOP stooge has shifted more to the left every election. My “little” argument is rock solid…how about yours?

And no…there is not one conservative celeb that is relevant. Breitbart would have possibly become the one, but fate chose otherwise.

ClassicCon on February 22, 2013 at 11:41 AM

If Rush mattered, wouldn’t Obama have lost?

libfreeordie on February 22, 2013 at 11:43 AM

listens2glenn on February 22, 2013 at 11:34 AM

When Rome fell there were things lost, (for example, their knowledge of concrete and marble) that took centuries to rediscover. The knowledge and understanding we’ve lost may never be rediscovered.

Cleombrotus on February 22, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Number two, I’m not opposed to capitalism. What I am opposed to is conservatives being played for suckers by hosts playing to the cheap seats. Fighting the Democrats and the media is hard, fighting Karl Rove is easy. So the radio hosts attack Rove, which helps their ratings and hurts the country. And you have groups like FreedomWorks, who don’t give a damn about candidates or policy but will gladly finance books written by their leaders, advertising on the shows.

KingGold on February 22, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Interesting that you only look at one side and pretend that poor lil Rove is innocent.

He’s the one who put out the article in the NY slimes to create his group to back establishment candidates and slander the Tea Party some more.

Even though Rove had a terrible track record with his funding of losers this past election.

Rove consistently attacks conservatives. He IS part of the problem and apparently so are you.

LevinFan on February 22, 2013 at 11:43 AM

LevinFan on February 22, 2013 at 11:24 AM

Ditto to your post. And yes, Palin would be great but the so called conservatives threw her under the bus so the liberal media would “like” them. Rush always stood up for her, by the way.

fight like a girl on February 22, 2013 at 11:44 AM

You think he was speaking LITERALLY?!

Cleombrotus on February 22, 2013 at 11:37 AM

I guess my Atheist bias caused me to assume the worse. I am not sure what the alternative interpretation would be, but I trust most Christians are reasonable and level headed so I obviously misunderstood.

Apologies to listen2glenn then.

ClassicCon on February 22, 2013 at 11:44 AM

libfreeordie on February 22, 2013 at 11:43 AM

I’m pretty sure that if Rush had the pull assigned to him, we wouldn’t have had the last two nominees.

Cindy Munford on February 22, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Although I don’t necessarily see the belief in a judgmental God as the only deterrent for cultural decline. To me actual suffering maintains adult perspective better than any threat of purgatory.

ClassicCon on February 22, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Agree to a point as well. But the whole idea of a civilized society is that we come to understand the nature of reality through some means other than “actual suffering.” Do you really want to school each generation in morality through the means of “actual poverty” and “actual war?”

I agree that belief in a judgmental God is not “the only deterrent for cultural decline,” but it is the most benign, and in truth the only one that works for, to use the current idiom, low-information voters, who simply won’t think about these things as much as you have.

And, by the way, thank you for continuing my usage and capitalizing “God.” It wouldn’t bother me either way, but it does show a certain class and respect.

SacredFire on February 22, 2013 at 11:45 AM

If Rush mattered, wouldn’t Obama have lost?

libfreeordie on February 22, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Well..there goes all of my credibility.

Thanks.

ClassicCon on February 22, 2013 at 11:45 AM

I’m worried as hell and watching the clownshoe parade of morons in Congress day after day isn’t going to alleviate that worry.

Bishop on February 22, 2013 at 9:49 AM

I’m there too, Bishop. When elections can be won by the takers, the future looks bleak.

petefrt on February 22, 2013 at 11:45 AM

If Rush mattered, wouldn’t Obama have lost?

libfreeordie on February 22, 2013 at 11:43 AM

If Rush didn’t matter, you wouldn’t be posting on Hot Air.

fight like a girl on February 22, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Why do you think so poorly of people? Especially conservatives. What specific actions have been taken that we all follow some Pied Piper? At least 51% of the country voted for Obama, I don’t own gold nor know anyone who does.

Cindy Munford on February 22, 2013 at 11:26 AM

A consistent theme in his comments is that pretty much every conservative is a phony or a crank out to steal your money.

Calling my reply “a lot of nothing” and insulting what most people would consider like minded friends, sort of flies in the face of your little speech about peacefully working out differences.

I doubt, given his comments about social conservatives, that he is actually prepared to make any significant concessions to the base which is what would be required for actual unity.

Doomberg on February 22, 2013 at 11:45 AM

If Rush mattered, wouldn’t Obama have lost?

libfreeordie on February 22, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Ouch.

Cleombrotus on February 22, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Yeah, no.

When the Tea Party shifted from small-government libertarianism to rebranded social conservatism with a generous helping of anti-intellectualism, it was already beyond hope. The Tea Party’s national favorability is in the dumper and the only solution proffered is to make the movement smaller by kicking more people out.

And no speeches from the godfather of rebranded social conservatism with feigned anti-intellectualism will recapture the 2009-2010 magic. And yes, I said feigned anti-intellectualism; Rush knows his audience very well, but he has no problem socializing on the cocktail party circuit that TruCons despise.”

The tea party has been purposely maligned since the 2010 elections by the media, Democrats, and Republicans. The vast majority in the tea party are still about spending and debt. The fact that there are some on the social side means little. Think about this, the tea party gave John Boehner a huge majority and he squandered it by passing budgets instead of insisting on the Senate passing a budget. I don’t see tea party candidates espousing a lot of social policy ideas, if they were the political class wouldn’t worry about them, it’s all about the money which is why the entrenched politicians are allowing the press to trash them.

Who’s better at budgeting Rand Paul or McConnell? What you’re doing is listening to the chorus sing and piling on. I’m sure the tea party people are really upset now because they’ve been marginalized, not because of their ideas, but because the political insiders want to spend money like crazy.

bflat879 on February 22, 2013 at 11:47 AM

…get a measly 10% off saving you take and I can get a gigantic check handed to me for access to your ever whir shipping ears.

Genuine on February 22, 2013 at 9:51 AM

What the hell does that even mean?

Solaratov on February 22, 2013 at 11:48 AM

ClassicCon on February 22, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Yeah, It was an “if/ then” statement. An illustration of consequence, not a recipe for a correction. Heh.

Cleombrotus on February 22, 2013 at 11:48 AM

To tell you the truth, I wouldn’t ever want the burden of ‘knowing everything’. I’m crazy enough as it is with what I do know.

RepubChica on February 22, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Personal attack, more like speaking the truth.

You sound like someone who can’t handle constructive criticism or any kind of conflict.

Especially when you have the nerve to say that all Rush does is paralyze us. What’s he supposed to do get on board with the ROve/Boner establishment agenda??

We need people with a backbone to stand up for individual rights and the Constitution. That means stand up to Boner, Cantor, McConnell, ROve, etc.

And people like Rush are helping the cause alot more than they are hurting the cause or “paralyzing us.”

And again you’ve been clearly proven wrong for ignoring the impact that Rush has had on the consevative movement.

LevinFan on February 22, 2013 at 11:48 AM

stillings on February 22, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Translation: I remember when Jim Crow was live in this country and racial segregation was enforced with overwhelming violence. It was awesome!

Doomberg on February 22, 2013 at 11:45 AM

Yep! Time to revisit one of my favorites.

Cindy Munford on February 22, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Ouch.

Cleombrotus on February 22, 2013 at 11:46 AM

You got your finger stuck again?

VegasRick on February 22, 2013 at 11:52 AM

ClassicCon on February 22, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Cleombrotus on February 22, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Just to make sure: Our culture, our country as we knew it is dying, that’s the point of the thread, (I think). L2g was merely pointing out the ultimate cause of that; not saying that if you don’t adhere to Biblical principles, we’re gonna kill you.

Cleombrotus on February 22, 2013 at 11:52 AM

I can hardly wait for Rush to come on to hear what he is going to say about this today.
L

letget on February 22, 2013 at 11:53 AM

libfreeordie on February 22, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Quit while you’re ahead, goofball.

Cleombrotus on February 22, 2013 at 11:53 AM

libfreeordie on February 22, 2013 at 11:51 AM

So because Jim Crow existed, everything in our country has been crap? You are beyond narrow. And stupid.

Cindy Munford on February 22, 2013 at 11:53 AM

libfreeordie on February 22, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Not only was that completely disrespectful, it was racist as well.

You are pathetic.

kingsjester on February 22, 2013 at 11:53 AM

L

letget on February 22, 2013 at 11:53 AM

In the que as we speak.

VegasRick on February 22, 2013 at 11:55 AM

If Rush mattered, wouldn’t Obama have lost?

libfreeordie on February 22, 2013 at 11:43 AM

Like Clinton lost in 1992 and 1996? Rush was on back then too, y’know.

Del Dolemonte on February 22, 2013 at 11:55 AM

SacredFire on February 22, 2013 at 11:45 AM

No, but I do believe it is part of our natural cycle of human existence. Sort of our own forest fire to clear the deadwood promote new growth.

I believe this is why all empires/countries fail regardless of political ideology and it is America’s turn.

Certain generations unfortunately have to bear the suffering, then through that experience install values based on that perspective. Future generations enjoy a life of such luxury and lack of hardship they their perspective gets warped and leads to what we have today.

That warped perceptive leads to the cultural forest fire which the next generation has to suffer and the cycle begins again.

Would prefer my kids not to suffer the forest fire, but I not sure they can avoid it.

ClassicCon on February 22, 2013 at 11:55 AM

My comments go poof.Anyone else or is it banned?

docflash on February 22, 2013 at 11:56 AM

One should not use big words like anti-intellectualism if they do not know the definition.
the definition is “a person who scorns intellectuals and their views and methods.”

fight like a girl on February 22, 2013 at 11:57 AM

docflash on February 22, 2013 at 11:56 AM

You probably had one of those key words the computer kicks out. Like Rev0lt!on or something equally benign.

Cindy Munford on February 22, 2013 at 12:00 PM

libfreeordie on February 22, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Cotton-picking days are long gone, Huey P. Time to man up.

RepubChica on February 22, 2013 at 12:00 PM

stillings on February 22, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Translation: I remember when Jim Crow was live in this country and racial segregation was enforced with overwhelming violence by Southern Democrats. It was awesome!

Edited for accuracy.

Just curious, do you “teach” your students about the racism exhibited by (Democrat) Bill Clinton’s mentor, J. William Fulbright? Funny how wiki completely leaves out that Inconvenient Truth about his background…

Del Dolemonte on February 22, 2013 at 12:01 PM

libfreeordie on February 22, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Translation: I have to disparage the generation of real Americans who suffered real adversity to make myself feel better about the fact that my biggest struggle is where to upsize my #1 combo to a large or not.

ClassicCon on February 22, 2013 at 12:01 PM

libfreeordie,aka life out of balance,

Who is Willim Ayers and does he know B. Obama and like wise does B. Obama knwo William Ayers.

thanks for a response in advance

APACHEWHOKNOWS on February 22, 2013 at 12:03 PM

libfreeordie on February 22, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Seeing ‘code’ where none exists is the highest form of paranoia.

Liam on February 22, 2013 at 12:05 PM

libfreeordie on February 22, 2013 at 11:51 AM

And he’s also old enough to remember all Ike did to push for civil rights and how Al Gore’s dad voted against it.

Also he’ll remember a former Grand Kleagle rising up to #3 in the Dem party.

Nevermind that fact that this country use to be based on individualism instead of relying on our betters for handouts.

Maybe Colorado could hire you, you’d fit in well with Ward Churchill.

LevinFan on February 22, 2013 at 12:06 PM

libfreeordie,aka life out of balance,

thanks for a response in advance

APACHEWHOKNOWS on February 22, 2013 at 12:03 PM

“just a guy in the neighborhood” – BO.

VegasRick on February 22, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Defiance of the “code of morality” laid out in the Christian Bible, is death.

listens2glenn on February 22, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Look I am the most friendly Atheist that a Christian could meet as I fully admit your moral code is what initially created this formally great country, but this kind of garbage statement is ridiculous and a reflection of your weak individuality.

Maybe if you Christians would get out there and crack some skulls instead of laying around “praying” for things to get better we would get somewhere.

ClassicCon on February 22, 2013 at 10:36 AM

You think he was speaking LITERALLY?!

Cleombrotus on February 22, 2013 at 11:37 AM

That statement did not call for ANYTHING from the “Dark Ages.”

When the First Adam ate of the “forbidden fruit”, he died immediately, as God said he would. But it wasn’t instantly physical.
It took (how many hundreds of years?) for him to die physically.
In today’s environment, “spiritual death” manifests MUCH faster in the “physical” than previously.

One person’s “spiritual death” cannot help but have an effect on the neighbors around him or her.
That is perhaps the single most controversial quote in this debate, within the Republican Party.
The atheist Libertarian whole stance is that the “hedonistic behavior” of others, doesn’t affect the rest of us. So, “shut-up-and-leave-them-alone.”
I say “it does.”
You say “it doesn’t.”
“DOES !”
“DOESN’T !”
(repeat until the end of time)

Well, I’m not backing off the premise that it DOES. Where does that leave us?

ClassicCon on February 22, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Cleombrotus on February 22, 2013 at 11:37 AM

I’m glad you at least recognize a “Christian Society” is superior to a “liberal disaster.”

listens2glenn on February 22, 2013 at 12:06 PM

Rush: “A Media Eruption!”

Del Dolemonte on February 22, 2013 at 12:06 PM

libfreeordie on February 22, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Translation: “Demorat policies were fortunately overcome”.

Bishop on February 22, 2013 at 12:07 PM

libfreeordie,

Who were the buffalo solders and what part did they play in the “Indian Wars”?

Did they go west after the Civil War with Gen. Sherman?

If so what do you know of attacks they were involved in at the time?

thanks for your great knowledge you pass to us little people here

APACHEWHOKNOWS on February 22, 2013 at 12:07 PM

hello, life out of balance you there,,,

listening,,,,watching

APACHEWHOKNOWS on February 22, 2013 at 12:10 PM

APACHEWHOKNOWS on February 22, 2013 at 12:10 PM

He can’t comment from under that pileup. LOL.

Cleombrotus on February 22, 2013 at 12:11 PM

libfreeordie on February 22, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Careful, your fellow leftists are gonna call you race-obsessed for bringing race into every single discussion you ever have….which of course you are, but continuously accuse us of being….hmmmm

runawayyyy on February 22, 2013 at 12:11 PM

you’re doing it wrong.

sesquipedalian on February 22, 2013 at 10:13 AM

You mean I should take a dump on one of the sluts in the rape-tents and pick up a cop car? Could throw out my back…

affenhauer on February 22, 2013 at 12:12 PM

Also he’ll remember a former Grand Kleagle rising up to #3 in the Dem party.

LevinFan on February 22, 2013 at 12:06 PM

What kind of mind comes up with a word like ‘kleagle’ and thinks, “Hey! That’s a nifty title!”?

That mind could only have belonged to a Democrat.

Liam on February 22, 2013 at 12:13 PM

LevinFan on February 22, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Yeah, I really want to waste my time arguing with a fellow conservative about Rush Limbaugh–yay to the daunting conservative movement. Perhaps a decade ago, the guy was indispensable.

Now, I fear that talk radio, social media, right wing political blogs etc. are doing this: emboldening the Left, their dominance, and their stranglehold on power. Why you ask?

Because what all these Leftist institutions of media and corrupt government hear all day long is whining and how unstoppable and powerful they are, walking over the law of the land with impunity. They’re so emboldened in fact,they colluded to destroy the one true political movement that scared the sh*t out of them–The Tea Party. Now that was action. Not talk.

Which brings me back to my original point: No more rants. Action. Bigger, better, badder. Or is our p*ssification complete?

RepubChica on February 22, 2013 at 12:17 PM

libfreeordie on February 22, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Also he’ll remember a former Grand Kleagle rising up to #3 in the Dem party.

LevinFan on February 22, 2013 at 12:06 PM

And he also remembers how (Republican) Barry Goldwater helped to desegregate the Arizona National Guard, before the US military had even been desegregated.

Del Dolemonte on February 22, 2013 at 12:20 PM

1. There is no political solution to current situation. Anyone waiting around for a GOP or any other political figure to “save” the country is clueless.

ClassicCon on February 22, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Probably not. The elected political leadership of this country is incapable of behaving economically responsibly.

There will, however, be an economic “solution”. The laws of economics will provide it whether we like it or not, shoving Comrade O’s and Mad Man Krugman’s socialist economics fantasies aside.

The only reason we have avoided total economic disaster thus far it that we are the only nation on earth that can get away with “printing” money in the volumes we are doing it to help fund our out of control deficit spending. And that is only because the dollar is still the reserve currency of the world economy. No other nation on earth could get away with what we are doing.

This is uncharted economic territory and it cannot go on indefinitely. When the day of reckoning comes the only solace we will have is that we will drag the entire world economy down with us. And we will be hated and despised for centuries after that happens.

farsighted on February 22, 2013 at 12:29 PM

RekpubChia,

Check out gun sales.

That is the long term back up plan in action.

Sort of a premptive solution and or very open “Come and Get Them” statement by millions of American.

And that is just the visible gun sales, Americans are not fools ya know, take the probition times and the huge jump in sales then.

Now as to the commie CO2, tax and spend, redistribution clowns, and B. Obama know nothing types.

We are in a long term 5 card draw game of chance.

B. Obama and his bunch never have been in such a deal, so they over bet and cheat.

Out here in real country we are watching them, we know the weakness, we know they will run dry of cash flow, so the timeing is important.

Do not fire until we see the fear and the whites of their eyes.

RECON is going on now.

A plan is being put together.

These commies are only 25 to 30 % of the Democrat Party.

Then you have the Republicans, then the normal Democrats.

Then the rest of America that may be distracted now, but once some one shows to much intrest in where the guns are, or ask to many stupid questions on the 10 year count of U.S., well just remember how many died in the lost cause of the first civil war.

This next deal will not be even close.

Commies will not last long and will see that those who they think will guard the “kings” court are just standing by and observing.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on February 22, 2013 at 12:29 PM

RepubChica on February 22, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Problem is you miss the point on alot of different levels.

1. You grossly underestimated the impact Rush as had on the conservative movement. And even if that was only in the past he still deserves credit for helping create conservative talk radio, blogs, basically conseravative media outlets.

2. The problem isn’t the conservative media. THe main problem is the GOPe with hacks like Karl Rove trying to minimize our influence. We need to fight them to take over the GOP to have any shot at saving the country.

LevinFan on February 22, 2013 at 12:33 PM

libfreeordie on February 22, 2013 at 11:51 AM

So because Jim Crow, put in place by Democrats BTW, existed then what America accomplished in WWII was irrelevant and no good?? Got it, you bigot.

txmomof6 on February 22, 2013 at 12:34 PM

He’s certainly a shameless sexist, a shameless fearmonger, a shameless jerk.

The idea that that walking embarrassment to the human race has a sense of shame about anything is a joke.

chumpThreads on February 22, 2013 at 12:35 PM

LevinFan,

Other states need to follow the Texas example on the Republican Party.

Took us 12 years of hard work.

Ted Cruz is the first result national.

Lots of work has been done in the State House and some in the Senate.

Still some work to do on Rick Perry, he comes to our side or we replace him too.

More to come.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on February 22, 2013 at 12:37 PM

chumpThreads on February 22, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Well,if anyone should know how it feels to be “a walking embarrassment ot the human race”, it’s you, Skippy.

kingsjester on February 22, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Excuse me,

About 10 to 12 new good Republicans in the U.S. House.

forgot that

plus we had 20 to 30 fair R’s there to start with.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on February 22, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Some one call Rush,

Tell him the low info voter is not important.

It is the smart ones who will not toe the RINO line and refuse to vote for squish’s like Romney or “Amnesty/Obama is ok types like McCain.

It is the base simple as that.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on February 22, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Too,

If fact they are not low info voters, they just vote for checks and the dole, and to them that is smart, in fact not so dumb as the RNC pissing off the base every 4 years.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on February 22, 2013 at 12:46 PM

Yes, led by Democrats.

It was the Democrats who fought to keep blacks in slavery and passed the discriminatory Black Codes and Jim Crow laws. The Democrats started the Ku Klux Klan to lynch and terrorize blacks. The Democrats fought to prevent the passage of every civil rights law beginning with the civil rights laws of the 1860s, and continuing with the civil rights laws of the 1950s and 1960s.

rrpjr on February 22, 2013 at 12:47 PM

LevinFan on February 22, 2013 at 12:33 PM

At no point did I claim conservative media ‘is the problem’. They have a void to fill for sure. The demand is there and that’s why any media in this format i.e books, news, radio will turn a pretty profit (to my utter delight). My bigger point, if you can stop your talk radio personality worship for a hot second, is that we have all this media at our disposal, yet nothing to show for it. Nothing. We’re all bark and no bite. You don’t think they see this and act accordingly?

I agree with you wholeheartedly on the rest of #2. We are in a world of sh*t. And I don’t need to be reminded of it every dang day by the whiners.

Now the Left fights. Even without their media and hold on government they fight. They take no prisoners while we comfortably feed and shelter our captives.

RepubChica on February 22, 2013 at 12:47 PM

chumpThreads on February 22, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Speaking of shameless, have you yet ascertained the true identity of Trig Palin’s birth mother? How’s the investigation coming along?

RepubChica on February 22, 2013 at 12:51 PM

chumpThreads on February 22, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Expert on same checks in.

a shameless fearmonger

chumpThreads on February 22, 2013 at 12:35 PM

Actually, it’s your Democrats who are the ones doing the fearmongering about the sequester. You really need to get out of Mom’s basement more often.

All Rush is correctly pointing out is that the Democrats have been using the exact same playbook for decades, and he’s also correctly noting that all of the high school dropouts who populate your Party keep eating those Lies up. Just like you have.

Mission Accomplished!

Del Dolemonte on February 22, 2013 at 12:51 PM

RekpubChia,

APACHEWHOKNOWS on February 22, 2013 at 12:29 PM

You just hurt my cheesy handle’s feelings.

RepubChica on February 22, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Latest Rush Limbaugh “fearmongering”:

1. Your flight might be delayed.

2. National Parks might be shut down.

Oops, my bad. Those were the two very first stories on the 1 PM C-BS Radio “News”. How did Limbaugh change his voice like that?

Del Dolemonte on February 22, 2013 at 1:02 PM

He’s certainly a shameless sexist, a shameless fearmonger, a shameless jerk.

chumpThreads on February 22, 2013 at 12:35 PM

What just because El Rushbo had the nerve to call out your hero Fluke??

Hope you enjoy paying for her to whore it around campus btw.

LevinFan on February 22, 2013 at 1:04 PM

LevinFan,

Other states need to follow the Texas example on the Republican Party.

Took us 12 years of hard work.

Ted Cruz is the first result national.

Lots of work has been done in the State House and some in the Senate.

More to come.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on February 22, 2013 at 12:37 PM

I hear ya.

BTW ever hear Beck say that Rick Perry needs to announce to the other 49 states that if you want to come to Texas for the freedom, then you are welcome, if you’re coming for the jobs then you’re not welcome.

If you guys can keep Texas conservative maybe my wife and I will be able to move down someday.

LevinFan on February 22, 2013 at 1:08 PM

How did Limbaugh change his voice like that?

Del Dolemonte on February 22, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Vast right-wing conspiracy–the same way Robert Bork would have been in everyone’s bedroom every minute of every day all across the country.

Liam on February 22, 2013 at 1:10 PM

Now the Left fights. Even without their media and hold on government they fight. They take no prisoners while we comfortably feed and shelter our captves.

RepubChica on February 22, 2013 at 12:47 PM

YOu’re contradicting yourself.

So you say that the GOPe is a big problem but don’t need to be reminded everyday by the whiners?

Again speak for yourself. There are millions out there that could be swayed to our side but they need to hear someone as eloquent as Rush explain it to them. Often the alternative is turning on Foxnews and listening to the RINO’s preach the need to moderate.

Finally the reason we have nothing to show for our conservative media is too many wimps in the GOP and the mainstream/ even Foxnews are fighting and trying to suppress the real conservatives.

We need more people like Rush not less.

To bring this to a head, Rush summed it up perfectly with the being ashamed of his country comments. How many GOP wimps do you think criticize him for it?

And for those open to being able to be influenced, don’t you think if they listen to how well Rush explains this that they could be brought over to our side?

LevinFan on February 22, 2013 at 1:15 PM

The man is a genius and wealthy as hell to boot because of it.

But it’s threads like this that completely expose the idea that conservatives are lead by political leaders and a political party as opposed to advertising salesmen on the radio as a lie. These talkers have provided for you and formed most of your opinions. They’re not always wrong and it does take a certain kind of genius to toe the lines the way they do, with Rush being the most highly adept at it.

The problem is that they get you amped up, scared, angry, and frustrated. They ingrain in you the perception that they are the ONLY people you can trust, so of course you tune in tomorrow for 3 more hours of ads. And it works.

Our political system IS screwed. Our political parties ARE corrupt and beholden to lobbying special interest groups on ALL sides. It IS nothing but political theater where the only math that matters is the future proportion of your parties representation in government. The real good leaders ARE extremely few and far between.

And Rush isn’t wrong here. The sequester may indeed turn out to be nothing.

BUT, it will be played as disastrous. The R’s will get the blame of the majority of the general low information public after the last four years. And Rush emboldening the base to just dive right for it only plays into the political game the D’s are gonna try to play.

And it’s only to grab your attention on a sensitive issue, get you amped up, frustrated, and angry and tell you exactly what you’ve been wanting to hear from SOMEONE. And in return you’ll thank himby having your radio tuned in when he runs the ads.

But he’ll never be the one to do anything about it beyond talk. And you’ll never be able to get a class of representatives that all talk like their on AM radio elected and able to govern.

So what are you gonna do?

I know, I know. ;) You’ll tune in tomorrow to hear more from the only man you can trust, the pied piper of conservatism, THE Maharushi. Big dittoes. And have you tried out my new sleep number bed yet?! Oh my god, you’re gonna love it if you try it. Just enter my royalty check code at the check out and tune in tomorrow or else the communists will win.

Genuine on February 22, 2013 at 1:15 PM

stillings on February 22, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Entering my seventh decade, and couldn’t have said it better. Manhood and Womanhood are virtually dead as we have a become a society of children, most of whom never grow up.

novaculus on February 22, 2013 at 1:16 PM

One more thing repubchica:

Why are Rush, Hannity, and Levin whiners for being upset and pointing out the truth?

Are they just supposed to bend over and take it, be happy about it?

LevinFan on February 22, 2013 at 1:16 PM

My crack the skulls comment was not meant as a literally suggestion of violence against the left, but more of a “quit sitting back and waiting for your God to change the course of the country”.

Every Christian should withdraw any support of Hollywood in every fashion. Do not associate with anyone on the left. Refuse to patronage any business that supports the left in any fashion. They should all leave blue states and move to the red.

That sort of skull cracking although it doesn’t really matter because it is too late now.

ClassicCon on February 22, 2013 at 10:44 AM

This has been said before. No one listens. Everyone is married to their comforts. You are completely right.

kim roy on February 22, 2013 at 1:20 PM

stillings on February 22, 2013 at 11:11 AM

libfreeordie on February 22, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Have another drink or snort as that’s the only way to get your “translation” from what was actually said.

But thanks for being example one in the man’s comment. Idiot/hysteria indeed.

kim roy on February 22, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Genuine on February 22, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Pretty sad that we have to be so critical of a guy making a buck.

When’s your next Occupy Wall Street meeting?

LevinFan on February 22, 2013 at 1:27 PM

You may have just come to realize that, but President George Washington (born 281 years ago on February 22, 1732) warned us about that in his Farewell Address (which used to be required reading, each and every year, for school children in America).

ITguy on February 22, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Yes, I have actually heard of this Washington fellow. In fact, the first sentence you quote has a prominent place on the wall of my office. I didn’t mean to suggest that I was the first human being to think along these lines.

SacredFire on February 22, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Hysteria is the stock-in-trade of the Left. Some examples, please:

Republicans want to starve children

Republicans want to poison the planet to kill our grandchildren

Republicans want to kick Grandma down the stairs (corollary: then sell her wheelchair for a tidy profit)

Robert Bork will be watching everyone in America having sex (the compleat voyeur?)

Republicans cut school lunch programs (despite a 4% increase in spending when the Dems wanted 6%)

And more.

This is all a way-way-off Broadway play that has run far too long.

Liam on February 22, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Genuine on February 22, 2013 at 1:15 PM

When’s your next Occupy Wall Street meeting?

LevinFan on February 22, 2013 at 1:27 PM

I started to sniff Teen Spirit when “Genuine” refused to answer my simple question upthread.

Is Genuine a new sleeper cell activation? This thread is the first I’ve ever seen the name in.

Del Dolemonte on February 22, 2013 at 1:42 PM

More Limbaugh Fearmongering about the sequester:

Oops, my bad. That’s a story from the Democrat Media, ABC to be exact.

Del Dolemonte on February 22, 2013 at 1:44 PM

LevinFan on February 22, 2013 at 1:15 PM

I was gonna go, but thought I should hang back to continue this conversation with you. It’s a topic I seriously want to engage in with high-information Conservative voters. It’s true, I only speak for myself, but I see a number of Conservatives on this very thread who aren’t feeling the mega dittoes anymore after being immersed in it for years and are left feeling hopeless, powerless, and drained.

Giving up.

We can’t say how many people open to conservatism Rush influences on a daily basis, but I imagine it’s considerable. That is great (and my olive branch to you). However, once informed, what action do people actually take? We don’t know. But I do know that radio listeners and blog readers are engaged in a passive mode of resistance. The war of ideas is not gonna be fought by radio listeners and commenters on blogs. The time’s past due to get serious. Get out of the shadows. I’m no She-Ra, but man, can we begin by starving certain targeted institutions of our dollars? Those dollars have been flowing unabated.

And these entities you speak of being ‘wimps’. They’re not so. They’re profit and power-driven. Nothing else. Conservatism stands in their way of attaining power and profit. Lean, streamlined government is a threat to their livelihood and political careers. Even to huge corporations and Wall Street who love the ‘endless flow’ of federal monies, i.e taxes.

RepubChica on February 22, 2013 at 1:47 PM

libfreeordie on February 22, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Funny. That’s not what everybody else got from that post.

I guess it takes a real racist like liveasaslaveanddie – who looks at everything from a racist standpoint to get that sort of meaning.

(I’ll bet if it wasn’t for holding onto his job through affirmative action, ol’ liveasaslaveanddie would be playing michael jackson and swimming in a bleach vat. Ignorant poofter.)

Solaratov on February 22, 2013 at 1:49 PM

One more thing repubchica:

Are they just supposed to bend over and take it, be happy about it?

LevinFan on February 22, 2013 at 1:16 PM

Be honest with yourself. After listening to these guys for years, do you find yourself excited afterwards, a happy determined warrior? Or do you just feel demoralized and angry?

RepubChica on February 22, 2013 at 1:50 PM

chumpThreads on February 22, 2013 at 12:35 PM

This is stupid. You’re fooling nobody here. The Left has no standards for this stuff. It’s pure ideology. Limbaugh makes a rather mild and facetious comment about Sandra Fluke (“slut”? Are you kidding. The word is used on any average sitcom seven days a week and in re-runs) based on actual evidence (wanting taxpayers to subsidize her sex life) and his career is nearly over. Bill Maher calls Sarah Palin a c*nt as Dave Letterman suggests her daughter is a strumpet and everybody on the Left laughs and cheers. What is Rush called Hillary a c*nt?

It’s dumb and insulting to everybody. By modern media standards Rush Limbaugh is a gentleman with a pretty high level of veracity to boot. When has he last been factually repudiated? By the standards established by the Left, he’s a saint. He just says inconvenient things and so he’s despised and dehumanized. We know the score.

rrpjr on February 22, 2013 at 1:51 PM

RepubChica on February 22, 2013 at 1:50 PM

It depends. Sometimes I am angry. HOwever when I get angry I often get involved. For example instead of watching a football game I may write a letter to the editor or make some phone calls during election season.

Other times I feel happy and motivated from hearing the callers to Rush. Just hearing the struggles and determination of others out there like me who will not give up and will continue to fight. It encourages me to do the same.

And I think very highly of myself, I think I know alot. However Rush and especially Levin have educated me on so much.

So I would never classify them as whiners.

LevinFan on February 22, 2013 at 1:57 PM

It’s dumb and insulting to everybody.
rrpjr on February 22, 2013 at 1:51 PM

The only reason the trolls come here is to be insulting. They’re quite dumb about it, yet don’t think so; it’s all about the “Gotcha, I win!” and it doesn’t matter to them either way. The aim is to condemn first, then attack.

December 14, 2012 told us all the true nature and character of the Left.

Liam on February 22, 2013 at 1:58 PM

rrpjr on February 22, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Well said. I didn’t think he had to apologize but he has alot of class.

What’s more sickening is that so many in this country think it’s ok to beg Congress to pay for you to whore it around campus. 20 years ago she would’ve been laughed and shamed off the stage.

LevinFan on February 22, 2013 at 2:00 PM

libfreeordie on February 22, 2013 at 11:51 AM

And yet you still support the historical party of slavery, segregation and racism. You still support the party that put in place those Jim Crow laws… who birthed the KKK… and who enforced the overwhelming violence based on skin color. Care to repent of your support for the party of evil, or are you going to go off and shoot yourself in your other foot for our amusement?

dominigan on February 22, 2013 at 2:04 PM

stillings on February 22, 2013 at 11:11 AM

libfreeordie on February 22, 2013 at 11:51 AM

I’ve lost count how many times I’ve said this . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :

In 1950s America, a long-needed political movement began to gain momentum. This movement had for it’s leaders, Godly men. Many of them were clergy.
These leaders based their movement on their knowledge of the Christian Bible, and God’s will for man. They realized the state of condition they lived in had been imposed upon them by others, contrary to the will of God, and that it was past time to put an end to it. They actively, prayerfully sought God’s devine intervention, and leading in conducting this movement. They had to withstand insults, physical assault and related injury, and murder at the hands of some other of their fellow citizens and neighbors, who did not wish to see the changes that were the goals of this Godly Movement.

Another movement began shortly after the start of the Godly movement. This movement had for it’s leaders atheists and agnostics. This other movement had difficulty gaining momentum at first, while the Godly movement continued to gain favorability. The leaders of this “unGodly” movement saw an opportunity, and began to “merge” their movement with the Godly movement. When the top leader of the Godly movement was assassinated in 1968, the leaders of the unGodly movement then coopted and hijacked the Godly movement, for their own benefit.
The benefit that the leaders of the unGodly movement gained from this false-merger, was a FALSE VALIDATION of the changes and ideals that they sought to accomplish and achieve, but were NOT RELATED to the goals of the Godly movement. Anyone who stands against the changes and ideals of the unGodly movement, is immediately stigmatized as wanting to overturn the changes brought about by the Godly movement.

That’s where we stand today. Opposition in any way to liberal, Socialized Government ideology, constitutes a desire to impose “white cracker, Caucasian (Aryan?) MALE dominion”, of “everybody else.”

listens2glenn on February 22, 2013 at 2:12 PM

LevinFan on February 22, 2013 at 1:16 PM

RepubChica on February 22, 2013 at 1:50 PM

More choices … let’s go “half ‘n’ half”.

An angry, determined WARRIOR.

listens2glenn on February 22, 2013 at 2:19 PM

More choices … let’s go “half ‘n’ half”.

An angry, determined WARRIOR.

listens2glenn on February 22, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Exactly, don’t think you primarily think of Glenn as a whiner right?

Personally I’ve learned alot from the guy and I’m glad that Glenn, Rush, and Levin are on our side.

LevinFan on February 22, 2013 at 2:23 PM