Limbaugh: This sequester hysteria makes me ashamed of my country

posted at 9:21 am on February 22, 2013 by Ed Morrissey

We missed this yesterday, but this epic rant is worth a listen today, especially since even Politico started off the day wondering if Barack Obama’s hysteria on the sequester cuts he proposed was really sustainable.  Rush Limbaugh told his audience that this is nothing but the same nonsense he’s seen for the last quarter-century in order to justify eve-growing federal budgets.  It insults the intelligence of all Americans to see these scare tactics rolled out in opposition to a reduction in the increase of federal spending of just 2.2%, and the fact that people are buying it makes Rush “ashamed“:

“To be watching all of this, to have my intelligence – all of us – to have our common sense and intelligence insulted the way it is….it just makes me ashamed,” Limbaugh explained, “Seriously man, here we get worked up over 44 billion dollars – that’s the total amount of money that will not be spent that was scheduled to be spent this year.” …

I’ve said the same things over and over for 25 years,” Limbaugh said, adding that it didn’t matter who was in power. “It’s the same stuff, it’s the same threats, it’s the same arguments, over and over nothing ever changes.”

“We just keep spending more money, we create more dependency, we get more and more irresponsible one crisis to the next, all of them manufactured,” Limbaugh added. “Except for the real crisis that nobody ever addresses and that is we can’t afford it.”

Charlie Spiering wonders whether Rush deliberately timed this blast.  Four years and one day earlier, another commentator’s frustration boiled over, and sparked a political movement:

A similar frustration boiled over was when Rick Santelli gave his speech heard around the world calling for a new Tea Party

That rant was almost exactly four years ago, on February 19, 2009.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

99.6%

Electrongod on February 22, 2013 at 9:21 AM

With half his brain tied behind his back.

Electrongod on February 22, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Just to make it fair.

Electrongod on February 22, 2013 at 9:22 AM

MahaRushie dropped a bomb with this one.

He promised he’d tell us when it’s time to get worried. I suspect that time is not far off.

petefrt on February 22, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Do Rush babies have mothers and fathers??

Electrongod on February 22, 2013 at 9:23 AM

We need someone to voice it cuz the squishy gop ain’t

cmsinaz on February 22, 2013 at 9:25 AM

Why not? It’s par for the course for the Indonesian. He always makes stupid, ridiculous arguments and sticks with them until the Weeping Boner and the rest of the GOP cowards fold like cheap suits.

Barky has never made any arguments that were anything but ridiculous, stupid, transparently dishonest hysteria. He’s incapable of anything else, constrained as he is by his 84 IQ and seething hate of all things American, Western, or civilized, in general.

This is certainly not the first time I’ve been ashamed of this country (which isn’t my country, anymore, as I was not born into the American Socialist Superstate). My embarrassment for this suicidal nation started in Nov 2008, when this collection of retards voted for Suicide by Indonesian Imbecile.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on February 22, 2013 at 9:26 AM

I don’t know why so many people are singling out this rant. He’s been on about this the whole week on his show, calling Obama’s remarks “defamatory” and such.

Personally, I think blaming the politicians for this is wrong. The American electorate voted for the guy promising them cash money over the guy promising them a job. If so many people in this country are suckling from the government teat that even the minuscule “cuts” of sequestration are disastrous, we lost this country a long time ago.

The only solution is to wait for bankruptcy and let the moronic electorate harvest the fruits of its own decisions.

KingGold on February 22, 2013 at 9:26 AM

I heard this live, and I was cheering. I’m so sick of being lied to and having my intelligence insulted by these grifters (of ALL political stripes)! Rush is awesome.

Naturally Curly on February 22, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Rush is spot on…again.

Knowing the Republican Establishment, they will probably cave at the last minute, once again, om their quest to become Democrat-Lite.

Which would be a pretty stupid move, considering they did not come up with the idea in the first place.

kingsjester on February 22, 2013 at 9:27 AM

99.6%

Electrongod on February 22, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Didn’t The Sullivan Group revise that number upward to 99.7% ?

petefrt on February 22, 2013 at 9:27 AM

I was ashamed back on November 6, but I understand where Rush is coming from. We’ve reached the point where the Democrat/media complex(and even some Republicans) are telling bold-faced lies that we know immediately to be untrue and expect us to either accept this rank dishonesty as just a reality of DC politics or to ignore it altogether and go about our meaningless lives like the peon masses we are. The truly shameful aspect of all of this is how many Americans are willing to play along with the con even as their lives are being so negatively impacted by the dysfunction and corruption in the federal government.

Doughboy on February 22, 2013 at 9:29 AM

USA=Rio Linda.

hillsoftx on February 22, 2013 at 9:29 AM

I became ashamed of my country Nov 7, 2012.

I could kind of, sort of, understand how Comrade O was elected the first time. But in a sane serious nation he would have lost in a landslide the second time.

farsighted on February 22, 2013 at 9:30 AM

I was listening to Rush yesterday. He certainly got attention. Although I have no reason to feel ashamed, I agree it’s a shameful situation.

I feel more amazed, stupefied, bewitched-bothered-and-bewildered, and gobsmacked that in this unparalleled era of information literally at our fingertips so many of my fellow citizens can be so easily manipulated by sound bites and “likeable” guys who “understand us.”

Drained Brain on February 22, 2013 at 9:31 AM

and the fact that people are buying it makes Rush “ashamed“:

“Ashamed”? How about “outraged”?

Cleombrotus on February 22, 2013 at 9:31 AM

I’m a Rush Babe from way back…

djl130 on February 22, 2013 at 9:33 AM

Rush crushed this. Sequester has no cuts. It is a slight decrease to future increased spending. If Ted Cruz said this – Scarborough wood demand impeachment. Republican messaging sux. So does the current status of the USA

drivingtheview on February 22, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Drained Brain on February 22, 2013 at 9:31 AM

I’m with you.

Not exactly a universal suffrage success story, is it?

farsighted on February 22, 2013 at 9:35 AM

I give Rush points for this rant, but Rand Paul has been sneering at sequester hysteria for weeks now.

Mr. Arkadin on February 22, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Personally, I’m tired of Rush merely talking about it all the time. I’ve listened to him for 20 years now and have concluded that it does no good at all, these radio personalities who express little to no outrage or anger at what’s been taking place.

Sorry to rain on the Rush parade, but, as he said, nothing changes.

Not that it’s his fault; it certainly isn’t, but it’s obviously having little to no effect.

Cleombrotus on February 22, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Yoo Hoo! Hi, Rush! I just know you’re reading this. We’re listening, and we treasure you!

Naturally Curly on February 22, 2013 at 9:36 AM

“Ashamed”? How about “outraged”?

Cleombrotus on February 22, 2013 at 9:31 AM

There’s plenty of room for both. It’s because so few Americans are truly outraged that makes me ashamed.

Doughboy on February 22, 2013 at 9:36 AM

For once in a while I’d have to say I’m with him 100% and know exactly how he feels. We as a nation have CHOSEN this path. “Shameful” is an understatement.

MelonCollie on February 22, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Bring on the sequester!!!

John the Libertarian on February 22, 2013 at 9:37 AM

99.6%

Electrongod on February 22, 2013 at 9:21 AM

(:->)
Rush is Right!

KOOLAID2 on February 22, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Everyone here better understand something and understand it now.

MOST of America have NO clue what our situation is. MOST of America has no clue what conservatives actually say. How can they?! MOST media is completely Democrat Party controlled!

If WE do not stop whinning and stop complaining and if we do not organize and fight back we get destroyed.

This fight can not happen in DC. The root of our problem is that MOST of America only hear The Party message.

We must fight the root of the problem now.

Boycott, take over, buy out, replace the source of information and only then can we do anything.

Name ONE thing we can do otherwise if MOST of America see it through some hate filled Democrat Party filter. There is nothing we can do without first taking on the media. Nothing.

I wish Ed would start an organizational fight the media weekly thread. Someone has to or we drown in lies.

GardenGnome on February 22, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Tea Party revival?

Yeah, no.

When the Tea Party shifted from small-government libertarianism to rebranded social conservatism with a generous helping of anti-intellectualism, it was already beyond hope. The Tea Party’s national favorability is in the dumper and the only solution proffered is to make the movement smaller by kicking more people out.

And no speeches from the godfather of rebranded social conservatism with feigned anti-intellectualism will recapture the 2009-2010 magic. And yes, I said feigned anti-intellectualism; Rush knows his audience very well, but he has no problem socializing on the cocktail party circuit that TruCons despise.

KingGold on February 22, 2013 at 9:38 AM

Drained Brain on February 22, 2013 at 9:31 AM

The end result of several generations of conspiracy theories, class envy, infantilization/accepted dependency, and the dumbing down of complex issues to lolcats and rage faces.

Sad state of affairs we live in.

Gatsu on February 22, 2013 at 9:38 AM

I’ve been ashamed of the stinkin’ pile known as DC for a lot longer than yesterday. Rush is right. The elite leaders from both sides play us for fools every day. It’s their game, it’s what they do, they need to get things done. Personally, I’m pretty sure I put my pants on the same way they do, one leg at a time. I just don’t write checks I can’t cash.

Kissmygrits on February 22, 2013 at 9:39 AM

Looks like Rush sporting a stainless steel Rolex Daytona? Cool watch for a brilliant gentleman.

St Gaudens on February 22, 2013 at 9:39 AM

If there’s a new Tea Party revival, the GOP had better watch out.

aryeung on February 22, 2013 at 9:41 AM

GardenGnome on February 22, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Agreed.

Cleombrotus on February 22, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Bring on the sequester!!!

John the Libertarian on February 22, 2013 at 9:37 AM

We are doomed!!!
Life as we know it….
Will come to an end…

Electrongod on February 22, 2013 at 9:44 AM

I haven’t listened to Rush or watched the news since the election. I am convinced that the November election was a decision by the people where they want the country to go. Toward bigger government and less individual freedom.

I understand Rush’s passion and I agree with it, but we lost the education battle. Republicans have given the people too much credit to figure it out on their own instead of continuing to hammer home reality.

So, yeah, I’m pretty pessimistic.

jjjdad on February 22, 2013 at 9:44 AM

Huge omen.

wolly4321 on February 22, 2013 at 9:44 AM

“I hope he [Obama] fails!”

conservative pilgrim on February 22, 2013 at 9:45 AM

I am not ashamed of my country; I am ashamed of the millions who voted for four more years. And I am saddened by the lack of intellectual capacity and honesty of the media, the ruling class and the party politicians who care more about R and D maintaining power than they do about the people who they work for.

Yesterday there was a thread about the RINOs and Kathleen Parker made this statement, “Why should RINOs hang their heads in shame and be relegated to the fringes of their party?” Because, Kathleen, you are Republicans in Name Only and you have given us this colossal mess. If not for the RINOs, we may have had a candidate that could have defeated the democrats. Instead, you thrust upon us, yet again, a democrat light candidate (RINO) who could not win. You, Kathleen, and all of your RINO friends are to blame and should be ashamed, very ashamed. That you are not, is quite telling.

fight like a girl on February 22, 2013 at 9:46 AM

petefrt on February 22, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Brother, if that’s the case then Rushbo is waaaaay behind. I’m worried as hell and watching the clownshoe parade of morons in Congress day after day isn’t going to alleviate that worry.

It’s past time to pay the fiddler and the fiddler wants his money.

Bishop on February 22, 2013 at 9:49 AM

And Rush just helped Barack Obama’s political goals. As his approach to this has been nothing but a political game to damage the REPUBLICAN’s after four years of their scorched earth political gambits against him didn’t succeed. He’s completely right, but the fact still stands.

And by the way, have you tried lifelock?! Enter Rush on their website so you can get a measly 10% off saving you take and I can get a gigantic check handed to me for access to your ever whir shipping ears.

Genuine on February 22, 2013 at 9:51 AM

Wonder just how much press this will get? Will bhopress put this on their shows and if so, will they take it out of context?

Rush is right, this whole thing is a dog and pony show and bho is milking it for all it’s worth! The r’s ALWAYS get blamed evertime this type of thing come up!
L

letget on February 22, 2013 at 9:51 AM

*tax

*whorshipping

Genuine on February 22, 2013 at 9:52 AM

This should give talentless media whore SE Cupp some new ammunition to fire at Rush.

Mr. Arrogant on February 22, 2013 at 9:53 AM

GardenGnome on February 22, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Move to Jupiter and start a colony.

The problem isn’t the media, it’s a huge portion of Americans who are too lazy, stupid, or stone-cold retarded to do a bit of cross-checking on the things they see and hear.

90% of the crap put out by the media should make rational people laugh out loud, but it doesn’t, and that’s the fault of the people themselves.

Bishop on February 22, 2013 at 9:53 AM

TWO PARTY EVIL MONEY CULT IN WASHINTON D.C..

Only one question, will we the people fight back soon enough.

Only action will do now.

Talk, fingers on keyboards, talk show earnings and market share reports, and the general pissed off condition will not do the job.

We all know they spend to much, we all know they have the mark of the evil ear marks down to their tip toes, but yet there they are with Reid, Pelosi, Obama in the positions of power.

Ted Cruz and the few the proud can not do it alone.
They are a small recon unit behind emeny lines.

We are the air rescue crew sent to save them.

Actions count now thats the bottom line.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on February 22, 2013 at 9:53 AM

I became ashamed of my country Nov 7, 2012.

Mine goes back to 2008. Sucks.

msupertas on February 22, 2013 at 9:54 AM

Agree completely. It’s not about Obama or Democrats … it’s about the electorate who voted them in and continue to be duped by slogans and “feelings” and are encouraged towards statism by the mainstream media.

I’m pessimistic about the future of the USA.

CityFish on February 22, 2013 at 9:55 AM

KingGold on February 22, 2013 at 9:38 AM

You’re going to have to explain that first line.
Hell ….. you’re going to have to explain that LAST line.
Who exactly did they “kick out?”

listens2glenn on February 22, 2013 at 9:55 AM

L

letget on February 22, 2013 at 9:51 AM

I can see the headlines: “Limbaugh reveals true anti-American colors”

Liam on February 22, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Got linked by a distant relative to a Facebook site wanting me to protest and denounce Rush. So I un-friended the man. He can peddle his pro Liberal ideas and stupid uploads of useless pictures every day to someone else…

mechkiller_k on February 22, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Silly me, until just recently I actually thought the sequester had actual cuts, not reduction in the rate of increase. I’m so sick of all these people and their crisis mode gibberish. Economy ruining cuts aren’t possible when the government still spends more money this year than they did last. And the masses keep falling for it.

Cindy Munford on February 22, 2013 at 9:59 AM

i have people in my own immediate family that have no desire to learn anything about what is going on, look at me and treat me like i have three heads whenever i have brought up Benghazi, or any other impeachable offense that obama has done. they are beyond lazy and stupid. they are nothing short of liberal drones who are just not programmed to think outside liberal talking points, etc. they are machines, not humans. and this is the truth!

GhoulAid on February 22, 2013 at 10:00 AM

listens2glenn on February 22, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Yeah, I thought that was so ridiculous, I just blew right past it. I need examples of ANY Tea Party group dealing with social issues because the one in mine certainly doesn’t.

Cindy Munford on February 22, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I became ashamed of my country Nov 7, 2012.

farsighted on February 22, 2013 at 9:30 AM

This.

If I didn’t have a daughter, I honestly wouldn’t care anymore.

People who are lazy, stupid, and/or uniformed enough to re-elect the worst President in the history of the country, a man who is systematically and deliberatly destroying everything that made this country great – from individual liberty, property rights, personal resposibility, and respect for the rule of law – don’t deserve my sympathy or concern.

The whole damn country can burn for all I care…except, as I said, I have a daughter. So I care because of her.

DRayRaven on February 22, 2013 at 10:01 AM

The problem isn’t the media, it’s…the fault of the people themselves.

Bishop on February 22, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Well, yes. And no. It’s a symbiosis. The avenues of information dissemination – the media, entertainment complex, the academic environment – all those areas which transmit information also are now transmitting values to a society of people from whom core values have been removed.

True, we are ultimately responsible for the moral decisions we all make but when you have a culture that is now dependent on mass communication for its values, some responsibility must now be applied to that vehicle.

Cleombrotus on February 22, 2013 at 10:02 AM

the day of resistance is tomorrow, are you ready?

sesquipedalian on February 22, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Too,

The conservative talk radio guys carry 100% the radio news networks.

Without the cash that Rush, Hannity, Mark Levin, all of them earn the CBS,ABC,NBC, etal news net works and all the local radio stations that carry talk radio would fail.

Rush,

You know this, what will you do?

APACHEWHOKNOWS on February 22, 2013 at 10:03 AM

GardenGnome on February 22, 2013 at 9:37

AM
Move to Jupiter and start a colony.

Bishop on February 22, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Something about that reminds me of “MAX Headroom.”

listens2glenn on February 22, 2013 at 10:03 AM

The fundamental problem is that there has not been a party that represents conservatives in Washington since the 90s.

We’ve seen the results of one ideology, if not one party, rule – massive debts, massive spending, and massive corruption.

And amazingly we still see the Republicans continuing to nominate liberals.

18-1 on February 22, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Genuine on February 22, 2013 at 9:51 AM

I am not impressed with Rush anymore and he will be on the first G4 out of here when it goes down since he has no skin in the game so to speak (ie., children). But to say he just helped Barack is so politically ignorant and systemic with the majority of the conservative movement. So many of you are so short sited on the ills of this country.

1. There is no political solution to current situation. Anyone waiting around for a GOP or any other political figure to “save” the country is clueless.

2. We did not get to this situation through political shift, but a cultural war where generations of child adults starting with the 60′s filth have banned any concept of shame in this country. Once you remove shame from the equation, children can morally justify any immoral act.

3. The only fix is a cataclysmic event which re-aligns perspective back to an adult viewpoint of responsibility. Such as global economic collapse, global or civil war.

Until that point America will become another EuroTrash country full of soulless citizens and the flaccid GOP will be no different than the “Conservatives” in Britain’s parliament.

The fact that Rush is just now coming to this conclusion after two decades confirms my doubts about his political & cultural intelligence.

ClassicCon on February 22, 2013 at 10:04 AM

GardenGnome on February 22, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Move to Jupiter and start a colony.

Bishop on February 22, 2013 at 9:53 AM

I would like to see conservatives work harder and be more adamant in getting their message out .
Keep trying ,don’t give up damnit !
The first time I was ashamed of my country was when Janet Reno and Eric Holder went after
Elian Gonzalez . I flew the flag upside down that day .

Lucano on February 22, 2013 at 10:04 AM

People were given a choice between a “cool, hip” liberal and a square one that “liked to fire people”.

Is it really that surprising which liberal they chose?

Make elections real choices and you will see different results.

18-1 on February 22, 2013 at 10:05 AM

the day of resistance is tomorrow, are you ready?

sesquipedalian on February 22, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Yep…can’t wait to pick up sluts at the rape tents and take a sh1t on the nearest pig mobile.

You in?

c
t
i
o
n

APACHEWHOKNOWS on February 22, 2013 at 10:06 AM

So, yeah, I’m pretty pessimistic.

jjjdad on February 22, 2013 at 9:44 AM

I think a lot of us are feeling that way. 2008 could be explained away by Obama’s historic candidacy, the collapse of Lehman Bros. and the ensuing economic chaos, Iraq War fatigue, hatred of Bush, and the high unfavorability ratings of the Republican Party. Not to mention the crappy candidate we fielded. It was a perfect storm that ushered in a Democrat landslide. Frustrating, but understandable at the time.

2012 was like a sucker punch we’re still trying to come to terms with. It was only 2 years removed from a massive Republican/conservative landslide. Obama’s popularity while not toxic had dropped below 50%. The economy had been weak his entire first term and every poll showed a large majority of Americans believing we were on the wrong track. Obamacare remained very unpopular. Gas prices were high much like in 2008. And Mitt Romney, while no conservative standard-bearer, was at least a far more articulate and effective candidate than McCain which was borne out by his wipeout of Obama in the first debate.

2008 could be explained quite easily. 2012, not so much. Exit polls and subsequent surveys have indicated that what delivered another term to Obama was a majority of Americans continuing to blame Bush, a general dislike(or at least distrust) of Romney, and far more voters trusting Obama on understanding their concerns than Romney. Which doesn’t necessarily mean we’ve crossed the threshold from a center-right nation to a country of nanny staters who want their free government goodies. But it does mean there are far too many low-information voters out there who are susceptible to fear-mongering and smear campaigns and are large enough in number to swing a Presidential election. Our task at hand to take the country back seems far more daunting now than it did a few months ago, because we’re not only up against the Democrats and the media, but a huge chunk of the electorate as well.

Doughboy on February 22, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Brian Terry and Abm. Stevens are still dead.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on February 22, 2013 at 10:08 AM

Rush’s job is to move America rightward politically and culturally.

I would not bash him for being optimistic about the possibility of doing so anymore then one should be upset when a surgeon believes he can save a patient’s life in the emergency room.

The problem is that the country’s fate was quite possibly sealed when the Republicans chose a liberal in 2012. We needed someone to continue what the tea party had done in 2010 and we got Obama-lite.

And now it might be too late for their to be any political solution to the problems we face.

18-1 on February 22, 2013 at 10:10 AM

the day of resistance is tomorrow, are you ready?

sesquipedalian on February 22, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Are you? I hope you cleared the old shoes and candy wrappers from under the bed and made yourself a little hidey-hole, there will be Americans with high-cap mags out on the streets and you know what those mags do….they cause people to become mass-murderers.

Just crawl in there and stay quiet, the bloodthirsty mob will probably move on and slaughter your neighbors instead.

Bishop on February 22, 2013 at 10:10 AM

the day of resistance is tomorrow, are you ready?

sesquipedalian on February 22, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Is that all ?

listens2glenn on February 22, 2013 at 10:11 AM

listens2glenn on February 22, 2013 at 9:55 AM

Well, let’s see.

2009-2010: small government libertarian philosophy, bringing us back to founding principles. Tea Party is popular and enjoys high approval from the public.

2011-present: The federal government should act to stop gay marriage and abortion in the states. Every stubbed toe and policy failure blamed on “country-club Republicans” and “elites.” The thought that policy proposals are not palatable to our spoiled electorate is not even considered. Tea Party’s popularity only slightly higher than Congress’s popularity.

As as for “kicking people out,” how about the fact that even the notion that nominated candidates should have even a modicum of political talent is treated as heresy, and anyone who says it is not really a conservative, and is a “country-club Republican.” The current jihads against Karl Rove and S.E. Cupp are pretty good case studies.

KingGold on February 22, 2013 at 10:12 AM

ClassicCon on February 22, 2013 at 10:06 AM

you’re doing it wrong.

sesquipedalian on February 22, 2013 at 10:13 AM

is rush still relevant to the conservative movement? he backed romney to the hilt. now he’s carrying rubios water.

was a faithful listener, but his words ring hollow now.

renalin on February 22, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Yep, those greedy Government ba$tard$ say people like me are eeeeviiiillll, filthy rich and have no qualms raising my taxes by 20%(A 20% cut in my family disposable income). Yet when they are faced with cutting back their increase in spending by a mere 2.8%, the sky seems to fall. Jefferson was right, a government big enough to give you all you want, is also big enough to take all you have.

stuartm80127 on February 22, 2013 at 10:14 AM

KingGold on February 22, 2013 at 10:12 AM

The Tea Party is small-government but it isn’t libertarian and it never was. The libertarians were as much part of the Occupoopers and supported them as they supported the Tea Party. Your revisionist history is sort of funny, in a sad way. Libertarians had little to do with the election of 2010.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on February 22, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Bring on the sequester!!!

John the Libertarian on February 22, 2013 at 9:37 AM

Sounds like a plan.:)

Dire Straits on February 22, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Rush’s job is to move America rightward politically and culturally.

18-1 on February 22, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Rush’s job is to enrich himself…nothing more. No problem with this but please don’t believe he is doing anything for the country.

Again, you are being short-sighted. Did you not read my points about?

THERE IS NO POLITICAL SOLUTION TO THE CURRENT SITUATION!
THERE IS NO POLITICAL SOLUTION TO THE CURRENT SITUATION!
THERE IS NO POLITICAL SOLUTION TO THE CURRENT SITUATION!
THERE IS NO POLITICAL SOLUTION TO THE CURRENT SITUATION!
THERE IS NO POLITICAL SOLUTION TO THE CURRENT SITUATION!

The Tea Party is just the latest version of Ross Perot’s failed “Reform Party” and it will suffer the same fate.

ClassicCon on February 22, 2013 at 10:17 AM

listens2glenn on February 22, 2013 at 9:55 AM

KingGold on February 22, 2013 at 10:12 AM

The Tea Party movement is about GOD . . . . . . . . if that excludes you, we’ll live with it.

listens2glenn on February 22, 2013 at 10:18 AM

KingGold on February 22, 2013 at 10:12 AM

BS. Nice strawman, there. Conservatives – the Tea Party – believe that the feral government’s job is to stop some states from forcing their perverted views of gay pretend marriage on other states. That is the DOMA and that is the Constitutional role of the feral government in disputes between states over such issues. States can vote for whatever idiocy they want in their marriage laws but they can’t force other states to honor those and the courts have no right or position to be forcing any of this idiocy on the nation or any state.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on February 22, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Rush’s job is to move America rightward politically and culturally.

18-1 on February 22, 2013 at 10:10 AM

I sure hope that’s not true, because he’s been a spectacular failure in that regard.

In fact, the last time he changed something significant was the Sandra Fluke incident, in which his overreaction gave the Dems and the media (BIRM) all the excuse they needed to morph the contraception mandate from a virulently anti-Catholic edict to the opening shots of the “War on Women.”

KingGold on February 22, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Charlie Spiering wonders whether Rush deliberately timed this blast. Four years and one day earlier, another commentator’s frustration boiled over, and sparked a political movement:

That rant was almost exactly four years ago, on February 19, 2009.

The roots of the modern Tea Party precede Rick Santelli’s rant.

I trace it back to least August 2008, and possibly earlier:

They should have stayed there in shifts, and keep coming back. Let Pelosi politburo have them arrested.
Also start calling it the “Texas Tea Party”.

Corsair on August 2, 2008 at 3:01 PM

I was one of the people who drove to D.C. and participated in my first “Tea Party” on the floor of the U.S. House of Representatives in August 2008.

Rick Santelli didn’t start the Tea Party. He merely gave voice to what was already a growing frustration with our elected officials.

ITguy on February 22, 2013 at 10:19 AM

The Tea Party movement is about GOD

listens2glenn on February 22, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Thank you very much for proving my point.

KingGold on February 22, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Listening to Rush’s rant yesterday the parallels to the Clinton years was striking.

I think the public is exhausted by this endless media hysteria about every issue and can’t focus or prioritize. In many instances they just cave.

I watched clips of Coulter take on libertarian students and she made a good case.

I read Mark Levin’s take on Krauthammer’s rationalization of Scott’s cave on Obamacare and Levin made a good case against this rationalization.

workingclass artist on February 22, 2013 at 10:20 AM

The Tea Party isn’t an actual party, anyone believing so should get their skull trepanned and release the demons infecting their minds.

Bishop on February 22, 2013 at 10:21 AM

you’re doing it wrong.

sesquipedalian on February 22, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Why should you guys have all the fun? The worst that can happen is that she might piss or vomit on me since your side won’t let her have a gun.

ClassicCon on February 22, 2013 at 10:21 AM

I followed the link to the Washington Examiner article and the liberal trolls are ALL over it.

The headline about a resurgent Tea Party revolt lead by Rush has them hopping mad.

Conan on February 22, 2013 at 10:21 AM

The roots of the modern Tea Party precede Rick Santelli’s rant.

I trace it back to least August 2008, and possibly earlier:

ITguy on February 22, 2013 at 10:19 AM

I trace it back to the intense opposition to the push for treasonous amnesty+ from 2006-2008. That’s when conservatives (with some others) really started getting organized and making their voices heard, mostly against the GOP, McShame and the rest of the cretins in Congress who were trying to wipe America’s borders away and devalue American citizenship to nothing.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on February 22, 2013 at 10:22 AM

But President Jar Jar Binks said yesterday that the sequester will end the Universe.

sentinelrules on February 22, 2013 at 10:22 AM

Will S.E. Cupp rush to her keyboard to denounce Rush, so she can earn praise from the MSM?

irishspy on February 22, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Bishop on February 22, 2013 at 10:10 AM

not in my streets, thank breibart.

sesquipedalian on February 22, 2013 at 10:23 AM

The Tea Party movement is about GOD

listens2glenn on February 22, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Thank you very much for proving my point.

KingGold on February 22, 2013 at 10:20 AM

Right now, you have the luxury of saying that without “looking God in the face.”

That won’t last forever.

Defiance of the “code of morality” laid out in the Christian Bible, is death.

listens2glenn on February 22, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Feeling gloomy?

This video ad is funny, it will cheer you up.

It’s the Ashley Judd Hollywood liberal from Tennessee, I mean, Kentucky” ad from Crossroads.

Fleuries on February 22, 2013 at 10:26 AM

manipulated by sound bites and “likeable” guys who “understand us.”

Drained Brain on February 22, 2013 at 9:31 AM

The liberals OWN news homepages like MSN and AOL. Throw in the MSM and you get this kind of domination. I didn’t notice this until my less political wife started asking me strange questions and I asked where did you get that. We get the Mpls Star and Tribune for the coupons and the same thing happens. For the everyday citizen who isn’t next to an inform conservative the reason for such widespread misinformation is obvious to me.

Conan on February 22, 2013 at 10:26 AM

irishspy on February 22, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Yes. It’s part of her MSNBC contract.

Mr. Arrogant on February 22, 2013 at 10:27 AM

was a faithful listener, but his words ring hollow now.

renalin on February 22, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Who were you listening to? Rush did not back Romney to the hilt. Quite the contrary; he gave Romney lukewarm support after he got the nomination. Rush doesn’t back anyone in the primaries but he does talk down RIINOs like McCain and Romney. He didn’t want either of them.

fight like a girl on February 22, 2013 at 10:27 AM

I’m through with rants. Show me the action.

RepubChica on February 22, 2013 at 10:27 AM

GardenGnome on February 22, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Move to Jupiter and start a colony.
Bishop on February 22, 2013 at 9:53 AM

I live in reality. I have children and there is no where I can go to escape this.

I have no choice but to fight.

I also recognize reality. The fact of the matter is there ARE low info voters. Millions of them.

They have NO clue about are situation. You just complained about it and stopped there. I’m sick of that reaction. What good is it?!

If these people you complain about actually heard a side by side comparison of democrat and republican messages we would win. The FACT is they don’t hear that. If we don’t organize they will never hear it.

Your path lies to destruction. At least I don’t want to walk it and want to fight the root of our problems.

If people don’t know you why would they join you or vote for you?

The media IS the root of our problem. It is why control of the media is central to all tyrany.

GardenGnome on February 22, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Conan on February 22, 2013 at 10:21 AM

The idea of a united opposition with a narrow message has them terrified. What if the ideas catch on, they worry. That’s why when the Tea Party started growing the MSM called us a small insignificant minority that is so big it’s dangerous.

Liam on February 22, 2013 at 10:28 AM

THERE IS NO POLITICAL SOLUTION TO THE CURRENT SITUATION!
THERE IS NO POLITICAL SOLUTION TO THE CURRENT SITUATION!
THERE IS NO POLITICAL SOLUTION TO THE CURRENT SITUATION!
THERE IS NO POLITICAL SOLUTION TO THE CURRENT SITUATION!
THERE IS NO POLITICAL SOLUTION TO THE CURRENT SITUATION!

ClassicCon on February 22, 2013 at 10:17 AM

Needs to be repeated loud and often.

Cleombrotus on February 22, 2013 at 10:28 AM

John the Libertarian on February 22, 2013 at 9:37 AM

I’m with you on that ! Bring it on !

Lucano on February 22, 2013 at 10:29 AM

irishspy on February 22, 2013 at 10:23 AM

SE Cupp didn’t make any friends with her rant. I also read in hear answer that she was justified because Rush called Fluke a slut and nobody was allowed to refute that. Complete drivel and it takes being the victim and hostage to Rush to a degree no one should claim. You would think Rush demanded people agree with him on that instead of the apology HE issued. That kind of lameness doesn’t pass the smell test. Cupp is out for herself and the kind of RINOism they all fall into that they think can get them some kind of majority support.

Conan on February 22, 2013 at 10:31 AM