Rove: Will someone tell Woodward that I’m not in Washington?

posted at 1:21 pm on February 21, 2013 by Ed Morrissey

It’s been a tough week in public relations for Karl Rove. First, the Tea Party Patriots objected to Rove’s criticism of extreme rhetoric from grassroots organizations by, er, putting him in a Nazi uniform in an e-mail — for which they apologized, but not before making Rove’s case.  At nearly the same time, Bob Woodward painted Rove’s efforts to find prepared Republican candidates as an attempt to create an establishment “politburo” within the GOP, which Rove angrily denounced on Fox’s Hannity last night:

Karl Rove is defending his new super PAC’s intention to get involved in primaries, and criticized Bob Woodward’s assertion that he was creating a “politburo.”

“[Bob] Woodward goes on Fox News Sunday and calls me a member of the Politburo,” Rove said on Fox News’ “Hannity.” “The last time I checked the Politburo was the ruling body of the Soviet Communist party and oversaw the extermination of tens of millions of people and during the Cold War threatened the United States with nuclear annihilation and just because Woodward is a center-left journalist, he can get away with calling me a communist and nobody is bothered by this.”

Woodward was critical of Rove’s new super PAC, the Conservative Victory Project, during his Sunday appearance, arguing it was against Republican traditions.

“You’re going to set yourself up as a kind of Politburo vetting these candidates,” Woodward said. “I mean, the whole theory of Republicanism is to let the local, state or district decide.”

I’m afraid I don’t know what Woodward is talking about here.  Rove didn’t invent the independent PAC, not even within the GOP.  Both parties have a number of outside groups that provide funding to candidates in primaries and general elections.  Rove may be better organized than most, but it’s not a novelty, and since it’s not part of the Republican Party, it’s not a politburo, either — not even figuratively.

Maybe Woodward missed this for the last hundred cycles or so, but politicians who want to seek higher office are often judged on their effectiveness in interceding in primaries.  In fact, that’s practically a fantasy league for earlier presidential handicapping.  The local and state voters decide, but neither Republicans nor Democrats have ever been non-interventionists when it comes to flexing political muscle at any level.  Woodward has confused governing principles with election principles.

Frankly, I don’t get the angst over Rove’s PAC.  No one is forced to contribute to his PAC, so the people sending him cash must appreciate his efforts, as do the candidates receiving the donations.  Those who dislike Rove’s choices can organize for other candidates.  It’s no different than what has transpired in every election in recent memory, and it’s not the same as having official party orgs like the NRSC intervene in primary contests, which really is an establishment-control issue.

Here’s the full clip from Rove’s appearance last night, courtesy of Mediaite. Does the revelation that Rove spent nearly $6 million in support of Richard Mourdock last year temper any hard feelings over Rove’s new direction?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2

No, but you got its stink all over your lard butt.

AllahsNippleHair on February 21, 2013 at 1:24 PM

He is of Washington.

besser tot als rot on February 21, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Only thing is Mr. Rove, Washington is in you, much worse.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on February 21, 2013 at 1:24 PM

O.K. Karl, you tell me where you dine out, and with whom, when you visit Washington, and I’ll see if I can show up at the same places and sit with the same people. Then we’ll see who’s IN Washington.

CurtZHP on February 21, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Rove’s PAC spent over 5 million on idiot Richard Mourdock.

I’m not a Rove fan but some of the idiots on the R side deserve to go to Hades, for stupidity alone.

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Frankly, I don’t get the angst over Rove’s PAC.

We don’t want another McCain / Romney in 2016.

besser tot als rot on February 21, 2013 at 1:26 PM

This is the digital age. You don’t have to be in Washington to be of Washington.

steebo77 on February 21, 2013 at 1:26 PM

I’m done with Hannity, Fox News and especially Karl Rove.

They are Ruling class republican and that’s the problem in D.C.

We don’t have an effective opposition, nor does the gop want to be one. They just want to fatten their own bank accounts just like the Dems (and enrich their buddies, and grow their own power).

NO more Bushes, No more money, and NO more failed gop.

PappyD61 on February 21, 2013 at 1:26 PM

Go away, Porky. We know who you are and what you want. Your “PAC” reeks of fear, arrogance and patriarchal presumption.

Frankly, I don’t get the angst over Rove’s PAC.

It’s not angst. It’s disgust.

rrpjr on February 21, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Karl can do whatever he wants. It’s a free (for now) country. He didn’t matter much last time and won’t next time but that’s his prerogative.

IndieDogg on February 21, 2013 at 1:27 PM

Of some note:
This “amnesty” the two party evil money cult in Washington D.C. lust for so bad they are ready to do incest in the view of all of U.S.,,,

ITS YOUR DEAL KARL, YOU AND X PRES. BUSH.

Do a add for a weight loss scam be a bit honest that way.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on February 21, 2013 at 1:27 PM

You can take Karl Rove out of Washington but you can’t take Washington out of Karl Rove.

Bitter Clinger on February 21, 2013 at 1:28 PM

I actually quite like Woodward’s term, though I think think an informal “poliburo” already could be considered to exist. What Rove is doing is attempting to solidify their control and shut down the opposition to it that the GOP faced in 2010 and 2012.

Doomberg on February 21, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Rove made/kept TX red. The leftards would give anything to change that.

To be sure, I hate squishes, especially the ones Rove has been for, especially at the top ticket.

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Little Lord Karl is back.

Bmore on February 21, 2013 at 1:30 PM

You need to hold power to be the Politburo.

Establishment Republicans are more a social club at this point.

forest on February 21, 2013 at 1:31 PM

WTH is this guy on Fox News everyday? Cant they get anyone decent on that channel?

ChunkyLover on February 21, 2013 at 1:31 PM

I want Rove to tell us exactly how his Pac spent over $200 million.
Let’s see a list of candidates and the amounts next to their
names.

How much did he spend on Ted Cruz or Rand Paul for instance?

The reason people are upset is because he obviously is targeting
conservative candidates for extinction.

We conservatives know his game. Why don’t you?

Amjean on February 21, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Frankly, I don’t get the angst over Rove’s PAC. No one is forced to contribute to his PAC, so the people sending him cash must appreciate his efforts, as do the candidates receiving the donations. Those who dislike Rove’s choices can organize for other candidates. It’s no different than what has transpired in every election in recent memory, and it’s not the same as having official party orgs like the NRSC intervene in primary contests, which really is an establishment-control issue.

It’s not a matter of him setting it up. It’s that he continues to be taken seriously by the media for it. It’s that he continues to be taken seriously by the media at all. The guy screwed us over two presidential elections in a row, both of which should have been a walk, given who we were up against.

If you went to two different banquets catered by the same caterer, and at both events dozens of people were hospitalized for food poisoning, why would you consider hiring that caterer for your daughter’s wedding?

CurtZHP on February 21, 2013 at 1:33 PM

Little Lord Karl is back.

Bmore on February 21, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Begging for a friendly favor – photoshop the latest Michelle Obama portrait (on Drudge now) into the Marie Antoinette scene.

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Hey ED!!! You really to get a better source for your news:

An email that was sent earlier today under the banner of Tea Party Patriots included an offensive image of Karl Rove. The image was obviously a photo shopped image of Mr. Rove, a well-known political figure. The image was selected in error from an extensive group of images available publicly online and was adjacent to the image that Tea Party Patriots approved for use. The email that included the image was not approved by Tea Party Patriots. Active Engagement, L.L.C. takes full responsibility for this error and is attempting to contact everyone who received the image to explain the error. More importantly, Active Engagement, L.L.C. apologizes to Mr. Rove for this mistake. Active Engagement, L.L.C. does not believe there is any place in political discourse for images such as these.

Again, “The email that included the image was not approved by Tea Party Patriots.”

And once again the AWE inspiring Danno Mann comes through. [and the crowd goes w i i i l d!!!]

DannoJyd on February 21, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Thanks ahead, Bmore.

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 1:35 PM

After considering the coordinated ATTACKS against the TEA Partys as well as the Ron Paul delegates, the answer is HELL NO!

DannoJyd on February 21, 2013 at 1:36 PM

DannoJyd on February 21, 2013 at 1:35 PM

“I told you Danno is the worst on HA” — bluegill

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Rove made/kept TX red.

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Texas? How did Rove save Texas?

sharrukin on February 21, 2013 at 1:37 PM

He’s just trying to keep the big seat warm for Jeb. What’s wrong with that? It would be kind of a dynasty record, and also make Karl relevant again. He dreads becoming another Morris or Carville and begging for crumbs. This way, he’s in charge.

a capella on February 21, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Texas? How did Rove save Texas?

sharrukin on February 21, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Did you read the article in the link I supplied? It explains the entire history.

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Multi-thread with your god-given brains. It’s so disappointing that the right doesn’t do this. I only expect the left to be so stupid.

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 1:40 PM

“I told you Danno is the worst on HA” — bluegill

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 1:37 PM

LMAO! When the good people here in Hot Air consider the source, the putz actually makes me look good.

DannoJyd on February 21, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Frankly, I don’t get the angst over Rove’s PAC.

Seriously, Ed?

You have no clue despite the constant supportive comments about the “GOPe will betray you”?

Or Ted Cruz’s demonization by members of the GOPe?

May I respectfully suggest you listen to your commenters more and the establishment Republicans (i.e. John McCain, etc) less?

You might also fruitfully spend your time thinking about an article on the Mainstream Legacy Democratic Media’s role as the propaganda arm of the Obama administration by doing an article on ALL the opportunities for investigative journalism Bob Woodward and the Washington Post have not only ignored but actively tried to suppress.

It might put you on a path to understanding why people have angst over Karl Rove’s activities and his less than rousing successes since 2006.

PolAgnostic on February 21, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I agree with Rove on this. I have few problems with internecine political brawls, but it should stop at the party’s edge. I couldn’t give a damn what some pinko like Woodward thinks about our party’s activities.

Dusty on February 21, 2013 at 1:42 PM

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 1:34 PM

No problem. ; ) I’ll post it at some point.

Bmore on February 21, 2013 at 1:43 PM

I wish Rove all the luck in the world in whatever dark dank place he exists in.

Mr. Arrogant on February 21, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Texas has been voting Republican since 1980 and Rove’s 1994 activities had nothing to do with that.

sharrukin on February 21, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Rove: Will someone tell Woodward that I’m not in Washington?

Ahhh yes, the Turd Blossum….

ToddPA on February 21, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 1:30 PM

IMHO, it was W’s ability to speak Spanish that did the most good. I highly doubt that Rove would have accomplished anything more than getting more moderates into office there.

DannoJyd on February 21, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Thank you Bmore!!!

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 1:45 PM

sharrukin on February 21, 2013 at 1:44 PM

You still didn’t read the article. Fight with yourself.

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 1:45 PM

PolAgnostic on February 21, 2013 at 1:42 PM

I too have been a bit worried about Ed as of late. Allah too seems to be off of his game.

I hope they aren’t drinking Kool-aid.

DannoJyd on February 21, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Kinda Related:

Warehouse worker packing stress balls punched his boss in face.

“A man who packed stress balls for a living punched his boss in the face and threatened colleagues when he was sacked, a court heard.”

can_con on February 21, 2013 at 1:47 PM

You still didn’t read the article. Fight with yourself.

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 1:45 PM

WHEW! I’m almost glad I read that fish wrapping from the NYSlimes now.

DannoJyd on February 21, 2013 at 1:47 PM

schadenfraude,

Sorry, but we conservatives fought Rove, the Bush’s, their little todie Rick Perry for 12 years.

Rove backed Dewhurst, the Bush’s backed Dewhurst, the elite RINO’s backed Dewhurst.

Ted Cruz is the real deal.

We will try to take out the last Rove RINO John Cornyn.

RINO Cornyn and the RNC money went to RINO’s nation wide last election, more Rove.

Sorry but facts are facts.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on February 21, 2013 at 1:47 PM

It’s not like letting Mel Kiper Jr. do your drafting. It’s like letting Mel Kiper Jr. do your tackling.

cbenoistd on February 21, 2013 at 1:48 PM

You still didn’t read the article. Fight with yourself.

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 1:45 PM

Yes I did read the article and your attempt to give Rove credit for Texas voting Republican is nonsense. In fact Rove was for amnesty which would have handed Texas to the Democrats but he was stopped by the grassroots.

It is in fact the opposite of what you are claiming. Texas is Red despite Karl Rove.

sharrukin on February 21, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Rove and DICK Morris are the bi-umvirate that made me bail on Fox News. After awhile, I came back i.e., on the news that the prostitute, toe-sucker had been handed his walking papers … so, I watch Fox News, and see Rove’s mug – again.

I couldn’t stand either Bush … it only follows that I can’t stand Rove.

QUERY – Didn’t he support Ford over Reagan?

OhEssYouCowboys on February 21, 2013 at 1:50 PM

DannoJyd on February 21, 2013 at 1:44 PM

I like that GWB beat Gore and Kerry. These, and that GWB was in office on 9/11/2001, are the main reasons to like Bush. Other than that he was a big disappointment. It’s, however, undeniable, that Rove was a big Bush operative.

I don’t like him, or his RINO squishiness, same as Brit Hume and co. However, he is a guy who made it in the political world all on his own, terrible childhood/teen years, no education, just gumption.

I’m the last one to defend his actions. I’m a TEA party libertarian. I registered independent looooooong before it was fashionable to do so. Still, I can hold more than one thought in one brain. That’s all I’m trying to convey.

Plus, the stupid Rs deserved to lose. They focus on/spew inanities, and don’t fight with steely pairs the charlatanic thugs on the left, while the land has sunk into economic and other ruin.

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 1:51 PM

If Republicans want the tea party to go away all they have to do is balance the budget without raising taxes significantly.

Period, done, gone, poof!!

But they don’t want to do that…. because the GOP establishment is just the elephant side of a two headed statist coin.

JB-STLMO on February 21, 2013 at 1:51 PM

As Rove amply demonstrates with his litany of crappy videoconferencing kiosk backdrops, the physical location of his ass doesn’t matter. His brain lives in DC and nowhere else.
So his protestations mean squat. and do nothing to deflect the thrust of Woodward’s simile.

rayra on February 21, 2013 at 1:51 PM

So one idiot acting irresponsible makes the case against the entire base having a actual say in running the party? Maybe we just give it to Obama since it matters not that our ruling class “public servants” have manipulated and systematically made our votes worthless by deciding who will serve and who will be obstructed?

Don L on February 21, 2013 at 1:51 PM

sharrukin on February 21, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Whatever you wish to paint.

I’m glad TX is red and wish that it remain so forever.

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 1:52 PM

JB-STLMO on February 21, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 1:54 PM

JB-STLMO on February 21, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Beautifully stated. I’ve always said that – after Reagan – I’m a Conservative without a Party.

The Socialist Party and the GOP are – in the vernacular of Lauren & Hardy – “two peas in a pod-UH.”

OhEssYouCowboys on February 21, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Sigh – “Laurel”

OhEssYouCowboys on February 21, 2013 at 1:55 PM

I also wish that, when Texas secedes, NM, AZ, NV, OK and a few others will be swept along.

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Karl was the one who had Dubya roll over and submit like a puppy to Dems. Rove has little credibility as a wartime consigliere

phreshone on February 21, 2013 at 1:56 PM

“I told you Danno is the worst on HA” — bluegill

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 1:37 PM

DannoJyd on February 21, 2013 at 1:40 PM

Yup, you should be bragging on that! Wear it like a medal.

katy the mean old lady on February 21, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 1:51 PM

WOOHOO! I did not know you were in any TEA Party!

I agree with the rest, BUT if you registered as a republican we could get you elected as a delegate. Also, registered republicans get access to their local GOP if they choose to do so.

We create change from the inside.

DannoJyd on February 21, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Aha – “sec*de” is a non-approved word on HA, weirdly.

I also wish that, when Texas sece*es, NM, AZ, NV, OK and a few others will be swept along.

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 1:57 PM

“Does the revelation that Rove spent nearly $6 million in support of Richard Mourdock last year temper any hard feelings over Rove’s new direction?”

No. As a Texan, I would like to see the last of Rove. Esp. in Texas.
The DC party circuit can keep him.

Pecos on February 21, 2013 at 1:58 PM

DannoJyd on February 21, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Won’t register R, in protest. I left them long before it become in vogue to do so.

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 1:58 PM

katy the mean old lady on February 21, 2013 at 1:56 PM

Thank you, dear lady.

I keep links to the topics where I’m attacked so as to later rub the ‘moderates’ faces in their errors.

The JyD [stands for Junkyard Dog] is there for a reason. WOOF!

DannoJyd on February 21, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Howdy, ktmol!

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 1:59 PM

I left them long before it become in vogue to do so.

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 1:58 PM

And now that I’ve given you a good reason to change that …

You don’t have to tell me. I know I’m a pain in the fundament.

DannoJyd on February 21, 2013 at 2:01 PM

There’s not really any angst. It just confirms the GOPe/grassroots divide.

ddrintn on February 21, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Actually, Ed, there is no angst among conservatives over Rove’s goals of keeping the establishment types in power. Disgust, as one poster put it, but not angst. If you were actually a conservative you would know and understand this.

Quartermaster on February 21, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Howdy, ktmol!

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 1:59 PM

Howdy, honey!

katy the mean old lady on February 21, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Given Rove’s 2012 record the only ones who need “fear” anything he does are establishment types.

ddrintn on February 21, 2013 at 2:07 PM

GUESS WHAT Karl! You did everything you could to get bona fide conservatives out of the presidential race and we’ve got Barack Obama, king in chief in the White House.

Thanks one whole helluva lot.

Before you ever consider castigating any candidate you have a great deal of navel gazing to get done.

Speakup on February 21, 2013 at 2:07 PM

I see the Republican circular firing squad is here.

Jasper61 on February 21, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Actually, Ed, there is no angst among conservatives over Rove’s goals of keeping the establishment types in power. Disgust, as one poster put it, but not angst. .

Quartermaster on February 21, 2013 at 2:04 PM

This ELECTED delegate who has worked at the grass roots level knows better. You can believe it when you hear Conservatives are PISSED at the guy who worked against the grass roots candidates while ZERO of his candidates won.

You can read allll about it right here: http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/02/15/Trump-Levin-Are-Right-About-Rove

DannoJyd on February 21, 2013 at 2:08 PM

I want Rove to tell us exactly how his Pac spent over $200 million.
Let’s see a list of candidates and the amounts next to their
names.

How much did he spend on Ted Cruz or Rand Paul for instance?

The reason people are upset is because he obviously is targeting
conservative candidates for extinction.

We conservatives know his game. Why don’t you?

Amjean on February 21, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Actually, $400 Million. With just a 3% success rate. Have no idea who the morons are to give him the money, no better than Maddoff in this respect, its just another pyramid that keeps Rve and Co. in comfy living conditions.

riddick on February 21, 2013 at 2:08 PM

I’m afraid I don’t know what Woodward is talking about here.

I know exactly what Woodward is talking about. He is echoing critical rhetoric heard on the right, in an attempt to further fracture, divide, and finally destroy the Republican party. Woodward doesn’t give a rat’s behind about “Republican traditions.” He does give a rat’s behind in helping destroy the right. He is saying exactly what the Tea Party base and politicions like Newt Gingrich pathetically trying to curry favor with that base have been saying for months.

The left is really good at this. The right is terrible at it, both in airing its dirty laundry publicly, and in exploiting divisions on the left when they do surface.

For instance, I argued during the election that Republicans should have run ads in Spanish attacking Obama’s failure to enact comprehensive immigration reform. Don’t even mention Romney or Repubicans, but remind people of Obama’s failures. Don’t ask them to vote for us, but give them incentive to stay home.

Didn’t happen, of course, or, more precisely, Obama’s base turned out in droves, and much of ours stayed home.

We can take a lesson from Woodward; he’s got this down pat.

Mr. Arkadin on February 21, 2013 at 2:09 PM

I hope they aren’t drinking Kool-aid.

DannoJyd on February 21, 2013 at 1:46 PM

I believe the GOPe is trying the lite version of the SCOAMF’s media strategy – If you are not “a member in good standing” (i.e. you have issued articles supporting the party line and are known to do softball interviews), NO ACCESS for you!

With the SCOAMF’s latest foray over last weekend resulting in a stern letter from the WHCA!

Which bothered the spoiled narcissist in no way, shape or form.

PolAgnostic on February 21, 2013 at 2:10 PM

To paraphrase: you can take the turf blossom out of Washington, but you can’t take the smell of Washington off Rove.

AH_C on February 21, 2013 at 2:10 PM

PappyD61 on February 21, 2013 at 1:26 PM

I have been “Fox free” for nearly two years and am much less frustrated. Fox News Channel is a mixture of GOPe and neocons with a sprinkling of liberals thrown in. Roger Ailes and his crew hate conservatives as much as Obama does.

bw222 on February 21, 2013 at 2:11 PM

Amjean on February 21, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Cruz won in spite of, not due to, Rove.

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 2:12 PM

riddick on February 21, 2013 at 2:08 PM

This is the best argument – what do you have to show for your effort/s, Mr. Rove?

If the fools give the dough, freely, they can lose it and learn, alas. They have the freedom to do so, and he has the freedom to use them. It’s a losing argument to forbid him/them to be foolish.

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 2:13 PM

OhEssYouCowboys on February 21, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Never fear, Fox recently signed another conservative to take Morris’ place, Brown from MA state. I gave up on Fox a while ago, just can’t stomach their pseudo-”conservative” BS while hiring nothing but rabid liberals and fake republicans. Too bad my wife still watches these idiots and I have to endure it sometimes.

riddick on February 21, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Mr. Arkadin on February 21, 2013 at 2:09 PM

May all who brung/kept Obama, and theirs, be utterly destroyed by him. YOU deserve NO less.

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 2:16 PM

It’s been a tough week in public relations for Karl Rove.

F*ck Rove. It’s been tough for all of us, and he’s not helping.

Midas on February 21, 2013 at 2:19 PM

PolAgnostic on February 21, 2013 at 2:10 PM

I can tell you that the MIGOPe’s are messing their shorts today. they KNOW we TEA Party Patriots are gunning for them and that they have a very small chance of keeping their leadership roles after the MIGOP Convention that starts tomorrow.

This delegate is sick and tired of all of the robo calls and telephone polls. I’m going to enjoy watching them squirm IN PERSON!

DannoJyd on February 21, 2013 at 2:20 PM

Al Gore was and still is a dumb ass fat fool.

That Rove and Bush Inc. ($$$) just beat that kook by their chiney,chin, chin tells.

That Rove and Bush Inc. without the help of the Swiftboat Vets would not have beat a liar, commie kept man call John Kerry, that is the big tell on Rove.

Man can’t

Middle Ground Squish.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on February 21, 2013 at 2:22 PM

And, wow – Ed in full-throated Rove defense. Really not finding any reason people would have with Rove doing his damndest to stamp out the Tea Party and make sure that only ‘establishment’ folks get to run, eh Ed? Really?

Midas on February 21, 2013 at 2:23 PM

DannoJyd on February 21, 2013 at 2:20 PM

You think? With Hagel now having enough votes to be confirmed, do you really think they give a chit about us? Its business as usual for them. Rove will tet more money to burn and we will end up with yet another GOP picked candidate in 2016. Bet on it.

riddick on February 21, 2013 at 2:24 PM

ps

The piss ant elite stuck up prick never said thank you.

And boy Bush, Rove made man of go along,,,, the fact is they did in the security clearances on some of the still active Navy/Army/Marine types who found the facts on the fake DD-214 and the (Republican Senator’s) signature on the new improved Discharge, up graded from the DisHonoralble Kerry got first.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on February 21, 2013 at 2:26 PM

bw222 on February 21, 2013 at 2:11 PM

I watch Varney&Co on Fox Business (also has Charles Payne, Judge whateverhisnameis), and other conservatives), and Lou Dobbs.

Haven’t watched Fox News since they stabbed Perry in the back.

avagreen on February 21, 2013 at 2:28 PM

riddick on February 21, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I’m sorry but I was referring to the MIGOPe, not the Washington GOPe.

We here in Michigan plan on kicking out the elitist followers in our party starting tomorrow.

I’ll be there and voting as one of the elected delegates.

DannoJyd on February 21, 2013 at 2:42 PM

How long does it take for the editors to correct their stories here?!?!

AGAIN:

And AGAIN:

Active Engagement, L.L.C. takes full responsibility for this error

Here is the link to the factual story:

DannoJyd on February 21, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Rove’s head is up Washington’s patootie!

MCGIRV on February 21, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Period, done, gone, poof!!

JB-STLMO on February 21, 2013 at 1:51 PM

Well said!

RJL on February 21, 2013 at 2:59 PM

I’m sorry but I was referring to the MIGOPe, not the Washington GOPe.

DannoJyd on February 21, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Really doesn’t matter, does it? Rove and Co. supported a number of state level races in 2012, with zero positive results. I was simply pointing out that business will be as usual come 2016, they are already making the play (hint: Romney Lite from FL state).

riddick on February 21, 2013 at 3:02 PM

WOW. Sometimes I get on this site and wonder if I stumbled on a liberal website. In that I mean everyone is so friggin’ angry. It’s usually the a$$clown liberals who are spewing venom.

Static21 on February 21, 2013 at 3:05 PM

No one is forced to kill babies, yet. No one is forced to sit home and get free lunches, no one is forced to do drugs, no one is forced to guard our borders, no one is forced to watch NBC or pornography, no one is forced to vote—but that doesn’t make such actions acceptable.
Karl Rove is a hired hit man against responsible, God-fearing , America loving, conservatives by the ruling class GOP. Responding to that is imperative. I do very much care what other’s do that harms my country or my well being as a free citizen.

Don L on February 21, 2013 at 3:06 PM

Frankly, I don’t get the angst over Rove’s PAC.

Try unskewing a few more polls, maybe it will come to you.

smiley on February 21, 2013 at 3:10 PM

I’m afraid I don’t know what Woodward is talking about here.

I guess you really pay little attention to politics then.

This is a much larger effort than just one PAC. Karl has abused his position at FNC to destroy Conservative Candidates after they won their Primaries. Will this new PAC do that as well. Run ads against GOP candidates after they win the Primary. Many believe Karl will do that.

Karl can not bad mouth candidates that win their Primaries on the day of their win then claim to care in the least about the GOP all he cared about is the DNC and making sure the GOP will not obstruct the DNC. Karl had done more damage to the GOP than anyone in the DNC. He lost seats every election cycle from 2002 to 2008 giving Obama a filibuster proof Senate and the Presidency. Then he was shut out in 2010 and the GOP had record wins. He came back in 2012 and gave Obama a second term and gains in the Senate.

Karl is a Democrat spy in the GOP only here to destroy the GOP.

Steveangell on February 21, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Really doesn’t matter, does it?

riddick on February 21, 2013 at 3:02 PM

It will if we win. That will keep the GOPe from changing the rules after the primarys and will reduce their hold on my state.

We absolutely need to get rid of the RINO crotch crud running my state’s GOP before we get stuck with yet another plan guaranteed to cost us the state House and/or Governors mansion.

Let’s see the elitists pull their pranks once we take away their tools.

DannoJyd on February 21, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Mr. Arkadin on February 21, 2013 at 2:09 PM

When the Republican Presidential candidate is a liberal Massachusetts Governor that’s to be expected! The Republicans in their wisdom gained a few “moderate” voters and alienated four million of their base voters.

While I did hold my nose and vote for Romney, were the election today, I’d join the four million voters and stay home.

RJL on February 21, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Steveangell on February 21, 2013 at 3:15 PM

+1000

riddick on February 21, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Ed wrote:

Of course you don’t (get it). This is not the same as ‘the more the merrier’ game.

Those candidates receive Rove’s PAC money is for what purpose? Ed, your HotAir/Townhall days really are such disappointment lately.

Sir Napsalot on February 21, 2013 at 3:23 PM

guys I’m late to the thread but the comments look like a Kos rendering, jes sayin’

Karl is a Democrat spy in the GOP only here to destroy the GOP.

Steveangell on February 21, 2013 at 3:15 PM

I was astonished with the out of control spending that the GOP was putting out in the mid 2000′s. Did Karl Rove direct that too? Now it’s 5 times worse and yet we’re still eating our own. Almost every GOP senator voted for the Sandy pork package, was that Rove? The GOP is going to give Obama Hagel. The New England caucus put the Sandy pork over the line. We simply need more conservatives in office and if Rove spent $6 million on a flawed candidate that lost you can’t possible think he doesn’t care about that.

Snark is fun but many of these comments are petulent rants. Of course many on these boards are likely verbaluces sent to stir the pot but man we better up our game or its going to be a long walk in the wilderness.

DanMan on February 21, 2013 at 3:55 PM