Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on February 20, 2013 by Allahpundit

Why should RINOs hang their heads in shame and be relegated to the fringes of their party? The party is the fringe. Isn’t it time to reclaim the salt lick? RINOs need to be defiantly proud, aggressively centrist and unapologetically sane.

There are a couple of obstacles to this obvious course. First, sane people are too busy Being Normal to organize. No, “normal” is not a relative term. We all know what normal is, and it doesn’t involve carrying gigantic photos of aborted fetuses to political conventions. For example.

[W]hat has become glaringly clear is that RINOs need to stop being so normal and grant their better angels a sabbatical. Forget taking back the country. Start by taking back your party. Do it for your country.

RINOs: The Strong. The Proud. The Many.

***

Why is Rush Limbaugh batting one for six in presidential races? Why is Fox News one for five? Perhaps it is because two decades later, what many of us once considered to be an important balance to left-wing media bias have become the only outlets conservative politicians and thought leaders consider legitimate. That has proven to be a terrible calculation.

This assumption has now become so widespread on the right that any news analysis or media poll that runs counter to Republican interests is dismissed by the right as biased and irrelevant. This mindset took firm hold in 2012 so that the echo chamber syndrome that once made fools of left has now come back to undermine the right. Not only does this approach distort political reality by only reinforcing pre-existing worldviews, it also stifles intellectual debate inside the party. This in turn creates the kind of stale political environment that has been criticized of late by conservative thought leaders like Bill Kristol, John Podhoretz and Pete Wehner. Mr. Wehner wrote a column today in “Commentary” calling for the “intellectual unfreezing” of the right.

Conservatives should celebrate the gains they have made in the media world over the past two decades. But their greatest challenge moving forward is to begin breaking down the walls they have built that keeps them locked inside a comfort zone that distorts political reality and cedes great advantages to Democratic candidates. What conservatives must do instead is dare to think different, apply eternal truths to current realities and then start spreading their gospel of conservatism to the swing voters who have rejected them in five of six presidential races.

***

The other point that the reaction to my Rush comments proves is that conservatives continue to view criticism (even the constructive kind) through a lens of ideological suspicion. Even though I defended conservative principles as right, strong and popular, and explicitly said this isn’t about casting strident conservatives out of the party but reworking our messaging, Rush’s fans still decided that my conservatism was discredited. Disagreeing with him, or merely offering that we should feel comfortable disagreeing with party leaders now and then, suddenly made me an untrustworthy, sell-out liberal.

I care deeply about the conservative movement, which is why I regularly put myself in a position to defend it in hostile territory, on liberal media outlets where I am usually outnumbered. It’s why I am my party’s biggest cheerleader when our leaders do the right thing. And it’s why I travel the country telling as many people as possible why conservative policies are better for them than liberal ones.

But it’s also why I risk friends and fans by calling out Republican elected officials, operatives like Karl Rove, the Republican National Committee, and conservative pundits when necessary. It’s no profile in courage, but merely common sense. We’ll never win credibility with new voters if we insist everything that every conservative says or does should be defended and justified.

***

In the states, the Republican focus on cost containment and efficiency works best when it is combined with a commitment to providing high-quality government services and an understanding that government can and should be useful. Republican governors’ talk about improving their states’ governments contrasts with national Republican rhetoric, which tends to cast government as an impediment to freedom and growth.

Such a balanced approach is the reason that New Jersey Governor Chris Christie has approval ratings in the 70s, or that governors like John Kasich in Ohio and Susana Martinez in New Mexico did the math and accepted Medicaid expansion funds that will benefit their constituents, instead of dying on the hill of opposition to Obamacare.

***

Why would Glenn Beck or the other right-wing talkers be impressed with a guy like Chris Christie? Hell, he only cut business taxes by $2.6 billion and created 100,000 new jobs over two years in his one state. Oh, yeah. He is also the first pro-life governor to serve in New Jersey since Roe v. Wade passed in 1973.

Why would any member of the Conservative Entertainment Complex want anything to do with a RINO who carries around that kind of conservative record in a blue state that hasn’t gone Republican in a presidential contest in 25 years?…

Glenn Beck must be infuriated. Why, this Chris Christie character has created a new kind of gender gap in this Democratic state that has him actually winning the female vote by 23 percent. Numbers like that have to enrage talkers like Glenn Beck, who have spent most of their adult lives working to make women voters run AWAY from the Republican Party faster than you can say “government-sanctioned vaginal probe.”

Why would Glenn Beck or any self-described conservative like Chris Christie?

***

Like Rubio, Christie is being touted as a candidate for the GOP presidential nomination in 2016. But the Garden State’s tough-guy governor, whose combativeness once drove me to call him a chest-beating “bully,” is no phony. And unlike Rubio, he’s also not a rabid right-winger.

For all of his bluster, Christie has modeled a kind of bipartisanship that has won him the highest approval rating of any governor in the country. He now enjoys the support of nearly half of the Democrats in New Jersey — a state whose voters backed the Democratic nominee in each of the past six presidential elections…

Christie … is betting the American people have tired of the intransigence of the political right and left. He’s hoping that in a tug of war, mainstream Republicans will regain control of the GOP presidential candidate selection process and clear the way for him to become the party’s standard-bearer in 2016. Christie is a greater threat than Rubio to chip away at the coalition that twice hoisted Obama into the White House.

***

Today’s Republicans are very good at tending the fire of Ronald Reagan’s memory but not nearly as good at learning from his successes. They slavishly adhere to the economic program that Reagan developed to meet the challenges of the late 1970s and early 1980s, ignoring the fact that he largely overcame those challenges, and now we have new ones. It’s because Republicans have not moved on from that time that Senators Marco Rubio and Rand Paul, in their responses to the State of the Union address last week, offered so few new ideas…

Conservatives should retain their skepticism about government intervention, the preference for letting markets direct economic resources and the zeal for ending government-created barriers to economic growth that they inherited from Reagan. In his first Inaugural Address, Reagan famously said that “government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem.” The less famous yet crucial beginning of that sentence was “in our present crisis.” The question is whether conservatism revives by attending to today’s conditions, or becomes something withered and dead.

***

Last night, Glenn appeared on The O’Reilly Factor and discussed the influence that the Tea Party will have in the country moving forward and the continuing struggle between the establishment GOP and advocates for small government.

In the interview, Glenn told O’Reilly that he was done dealing with the big government establishment GOP, and that they have betrayed their values for too long. Glenn said that the GOP have worked against the Tea Party for too long…

Glenn did not agree with the trend for some in the GOP to become more “moderate” on issues, and said the most moderate position would be to cut spending.

***

This is why I cannot take the RINOs any more ladies and gentlemen. I cannot take the Republicans anymore. And I will be absolutely straight with you. If I believed that a third party would be viable, if I believed a third party wouldn’t elect generation after generation of Barack Obamas and Nancy Pelosis and Harry Reids, I’d go third party. I really would. But I can’t. Because I know what that will do.

Click the image to listen.

ml

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Name the new conservative party the Kegger Party.

Instant appeal to the youth vote.

trigon on February 21, 2013 at 12:55 AM

I nominate Sparkplug to be Sergeant at Arms!

KCB on February 21, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Even though Gov. Walker won all his battles and has made huge strides in his state, remember that the media painted him as some horrible guys who hates teachers.

Cindy Munford on February 21, 2013 at 12:58 AM

I think it will be Walker or McDonnell. i think it will be an ex Governor.

KCB on February 21, 2013 at 12:54 AM

No more Bushs, Clintons or any other clans.

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 12:58 AM

I nominate Sparkplug to be Sergeant at Arms!

KCB on February 21, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Double titles? Mhhh

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 12:59 AM

My gut instinct tells me that the pub nominee will be a ’12 retread. Perry is being seriously underestimated. Thats good. When the time comes, get going.

tommy71 on February 21, 2013 at 1:00 AM

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 12:58 AM

Agreed, but Governorship brings executive experience.

KCB on February 21, 2013 at 1:01 AM

For All We Know – Chet Baker

I bid you all a fond goodnight. It’s been a pleasure, as always. See you soon.

thatsafactjack on February 21, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Cindy Munford on February 21, 2013 at 12:58 AM

But he won anyway ;-)

KCB on February 21, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Nite, Jackie. Sleep well.

tommy71 on February 21, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Good Night Moon Goddess! My evening was better because you were part of it!

KCB on February 21, 2013 at 1:03 AM

thatsafactjack on February 21, 2013 at 12:54 AM

I aint leavin’ anytime soon, at least not without a fight.

sorry i cant resist.

a great sorrow lies over the land

Fred

jrsrigmvr on February 21, 2013 at 1:04 AM

KCB on February 21, 2013 at 1:02 AM

I know. It will be interesting to see how the media would play it to the low info multi-voters.

Cindy Munford on February 21, 2013 at 1:07 AM

After being on another site today and seeing liberals defend Joe’s popularity, I think the Dems will want a Hillary/ Warren type, but I think O’Malley & Schweitzer will be on the platform too. It’s too early to tell. Everyone is reactionary now.

It should be Walker/Rubio or Walker/X and I swear that the GOP should skip the primaries. I’m not joking about this. :)

Midwestprincesse on February 21, 2013 at 1:07 AM

If American’s continue on the American idolification of Politics, it will be Rubio v. Brooker.

If they get serious due ti how bad it will be, it’ll be Jindal or Perry V. Unknown or O’Malley

can_con on February 21, 2013 at 1:08 AM

I have to work tomorrow, so good night my dear friends. Sweet dreams.

Cindy Munford on February 21, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Nite Jackie

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 1:09 AM

If its one of the new stars ascending, I think it’ll be Jindal. His executive experience, his ethnicity and his ‘perceived’ SoCon credentials (which IMO, is why McCain and Romney lost, and GWB won. Yes, my view differs from most HotAirians) will make him a favorite in the GE. Thats why hes my secondary pick.

tommy71 on February 21, 2013 at 1:10 AM

Nite Cindy

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 1:10 AM

Good Night Cindy!

KCB on February 21, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Nite Cindy. Sleep well.

tommy71 on February 21, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Agreed, but Governorship brings executive experience.

KCB on February 21, 2013 at 1:01 AM

I met personally and like Perry, alas.

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 1:12 AM

No Perry. Just no. Walker is a levelheaded guy that will not get hammered in the media, in the sense that he will be even-keeled. I knew that if Walker won (in my home state mind you), he would/should be President. He would even appeal to CA people.

I remember years ago having this conversation with my dad (who leans more moderate and doesn’t get into the small stuff but religiously reads his paper to “be up” on stuff) saying that the GOP needed to run a Midwest guy that had appeal to the South and thus it would build into appeal on the Coasts.

Stick a fork in it. It is done. :)

Midwestprincesse on February 21, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Tommy and Ken, you should make a list of

Likely R/Ds

Preferred R/Ds

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 1:14 AM

No Jindal. I like him but not this go around. The GOP is too fresh off of a big loss and they need a Walker-type. We bring our guns. Liberals ‘splode.

Midwestprincesse on February 21, 2013 at 1:15 AM

@can_con Hmm…….not fair. What do YOU think will happen? Choose one or the other.

tommy71 on February 21, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Midwestprincesse on February 21, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Walker is great but he would be smeared as a koch puppet.

can_con on February 21, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Walker/Dr. Ben Carson

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 1:16 AM

Walker is great but he would be smeared as a koch puppet.

can_con on February 21, 2013 at 1:15 AM

So what. Charlatanic thugs must be beaten back, not with silky gloves.

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 1:17 AM

I mean this. I don’t know, at this point, how the GOP/ Conservatives win without Walker. Then Martinez. Liberal heads ‘asplode again.

Make no lists. None needed. :)

Midwestprincesse on February 21, 2013 at 1:17 AM

tommy71 on February 21, 2013 at 1:15 AM

I am hoping it will be serious. So I pick Jindal.

can_con on February 21, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Then Martinez. Liberal heads ‘asplode again.

Make no lists. None needed. :)

Midwestprincesse on February 21, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Yack, she said today that she’ll sign the tough anti-gun law, if the NM legislature will pass one. Gone, done, cooked.

NO one who does that s/b elected as dog catcher.

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 1:19 AM

@Midwestprincesse There is a process called the primaries. Your choice has been noted. But if he doesn’t win, which I think he won’t even enter, you’ll have to go with the eventual nominee. My way or the highway isn’t a reasonable stance. Just sayin.

tommy71 on February 21, 2013 at 1:20 AM

He would, but he’s the only candidate that will be levelheaded and I’m banking on Hillary. Even if I don’t think she’s running. We need to run like she’s running. And liberals will just make themselves look crazy while the “every man” candidate just looks/sounds normal.

I work in marketing/politics so I totally get the mesh you need. This is why talk of multiple candidates freaks me out. And I’m a female below 30.

Midwestprincesse on February 21, 2013 at 1:20 AM

Walker/Dr. Ben Carson

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 1:16 AM

We can dream..

KCB on February 21, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Agreed but he is target rich for Dems to villianize. I am just being honest about what I think would happen.

can_con on February 21, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Midwestprincesse on February 21, 2013 at 1:12 AM

OMG folks. we still have 1,430 days of bho’s shit. lots of stuff will happen between now and then. lets not worry about who to run so much as will there be a an America in 2016. Let’s kick ass now and take names later.

Adios: vaya con dios

Fred

jrsrigmvr on February 21, 2013 at 1:22 AM

I don’t have to go with the eventual nominee and I don’t like any of the candidates mentioned thus far for President. You have to get my generation. I don’t need to get your generation. Know what I’m saying?

Midwestprincesse on February 21, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Jindal – nice guy, solid governor but no.
Perry- just no.

Midwestprincesse on February 21, 2013 at 1:23 AM

jrsrigmvr on February 21, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Good night Fred! Thanks for the tunes!

KCB on February 21, 2013 at 1:24 AM

can_con on February 21, 2013 at 1:21 AM

The thugs will do that to anyone. Fight them like the land depends on it. She does.

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 1:25 AM

Midwestprincesse on February 21, 2013 at 1:22 AM

In general, what is your Generation?

KCB on February 21, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Let’s kick ass now and take names later.

Adios: vaya con dios

Fred

jrsrigmvr on February 21, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Indeed, and don’t let them take the guns, any which way.

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Midwestprincesse on February 21, 2013 at 1:22 AM

fred

jrsrigmvr on February 21, 2013 at 1:27 AM

Jindal – nice guy, solid governor but no.
Perry- just no.
Midwestprincesse on February 21, 2013 at 1:23 AM

Can you elaborate? I just don’t think Walker is electable for above reason and wondering your thoughts on jindal/perry besides no. Thanks

can_con on February 21, 2013 at 1:28 AM

Midwestprincesse on February 21, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Your generation is royally fluked, by Obama primarily and all the politicians secondarily.

That’s all you need to get, no matter what marketing position you work in.

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 1:29 AM

I hate McCain. I hate that ass-licking fool from NJ. I hate them all. They are all about themselves. Nothing else.

pat on February 21, 2013 at 1:29 AM

@Midwestprincesse Ha ha. If you don’t want to vote for the nominee, thats your choice. Yes, we need your generation, but we do not need your personal choice to be the nominee. Know what I’m saying?

tommy71 on February 21, 2013 at 1:30 AM

Walker/Dr. Ben Carson

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 1:16 AM

Wet can dream..

KCB on February 21, 2013 at 1:21 AM

…opps!…^…the MSM just fixed that!

KOOLAID2 on February 21, 2013 at 1:32 AM

The young acting immature. And water is wet. What else is new?

tommy71 on February 21, 2013 at 1:34 AM

sorry i cant resist.

jrsrigmvr on February 21, 2013 at 1:04 AM

But, resist we you much!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Resist We Much on February 21, 2013 at 1:34 AM

can_con on February 21, 2013 at 1:21 AM
Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 1:25 AM

Again agreed. But the koch puppet charge is a hard one to fight against and disprove and the union angle writes itself. He is target rich and dull. Losing combination.

But I do think he is certainly one of the most qualified, just least electable.

can_con on February 21, 2013 at 1:35 AM

What a batch of short-stroking quotes to end the day with.

rayra on February 21, 2013 at 1:38 AM

KOOLAID2 on February 21, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Glad you are on my side! Calling it a night. I love you guys! See you tomorrow!

KCB on February 21, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Midwestprincesse on February 21, 2013 at 1:22 AM

No one can force you to go with the eventual nominee, but it will almost certainly be the case that the republican and democratic nominees will be the only ones with a prayer of winning. At that point, you can either vote for one, or the other, or make some kind of statement by staying home/voting third party/writing in a candidate of whatever.

I’m not sure what you mean when you say that tommy needs our generation (Im early 30′s so probably not much older than you) more than we need his – I don’t know Tommy’s age, but why would he need us more?

RINO in Name Only on February 21, 2013 at 1:41 AM

I too have been in marketing for a long time, and am vastly experienced in the same. From a marketing angle, Jindal is infinitely better than Walker. Hey, but if Walker ends up being the nominee, thats fine. But to insist on only your preferred candidate is childish.

tommy71 on February 21, 2013 at 1:43 AM

@RINO My year of birth is in my handle. Not that old. Lol

tommy71 on February 21, 2013 at 1:45 AM

RINO in Name Only on February 21, 2013 at 1:41 AM

I think she means the geezer vote is locked in. The precious 30 somethings with bleak prospects are who the GOP needs. Btw, more power to geezers!

can_con on February 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM

@Schad Good idea. Preferred candidate and eventual nominee. :-)

tommy71 on February 21, 2013 at 1:49 AM

@can_con lol

tommy71 on February 21, 2013 at 1:50 AM

can_con on February 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM

i’m back
right on brother. I can shoot, if princess can reload i need her otherwise i’ll get one of my grandkids to reload for me.

Fred

jrsrigmvr on February 21, 2013 at 1:51 AM

Dripping arrogance from youngsters, whether pubs or dems. Its the new in thing. The now, now, now generation. Not one other HA peep has behaved that way to me regarding ’16 picks.

tommy71 on February 21, 2013 at 1:58 AM

jrsrigmvr on February 21, 2013 at 1:51 AM

More power to ya Fred!

I think the geezer vote is actually the most persuadable. The princess generations will stick with idolification and then look back and wonder what went wrong.

Btw, i am aspiring geezer, just itchin’ to scream “get the hell off my lawn” ;)

can_con on February 21, 2013 at 1:58 AM

can_con on February 21, 2013 at 1:58 AM

born in 55′

my kids have been callin’ me geezer for 15 yrs but the grandkids just call me grandpa.

Fred

jrsrigmvr on February 21, 2013 at 2:02 AM

tommy71 on February 21, 2013 at 1:58 AM

One word. Entitled.

Ok 2 words: entitled damnit!

can_con on February 21, 2013 at 2:02 AM

@can_con You still haven’t made your dem pick. So pick now.

tommy71 on February 21, 2013 at 2:03 AM

Fred, ’55? I’m a ’71 model with a lot of miles. When do I get entitled to be called a geezer? ;-)

tommy71 on February 21, 2013 at 2:07 AM

@can_con You still haven’t made your dem pick. So pick now.
tommy71 on February 21, 2013 at 2:03 AM

Kirsten Gilldebrand (sp?)

It wont be Castro. He’s about 5 3″! Lol.

can_con on February 21, 2013 at 2:09 AM

can_con on February 21, 2013 at 1:58 AM

seems to me like a couple more years and you’re qualified.

Fred

jrsrigmvr on February 21, 2013 at 2:10 AM

jrsrigmvr on February 21, 2013 at 2:10 AM

oops! tommy71

Fred

jrsrigmvr on February 21, 2013 at 2:12 AM

can_con on February 21, 2013 at 1:58 AM
seems to me like a couple more years and you’re qualified.
Fred
jrsrigmvr on February 21, 2013 at 2:10 AM

Yup. One thing you can’t run away from. Geezerdom!

can_con on February 21, 2013 at 2:13 AM

Regarding political parties; if we are to be limited to only two then one should represent the >50% of us who lean toward freedom and liberty against the other <50% minority who prefers authoritarianism and tyranny. The problem is that the ruling class, which includes the MSM, has divided the live-and-let-live majority against itself, splitting it into two disjointed parties, enabling the minority that prefers authoritarian tyranny to control the majority.

We don't need a third party, we need a second!

FloatingRock on February 21, 2013 at 2:13 AM

I just want to say that g2825m was always an outstanding promoter of Gov. Romney. He could highlight all that he found admirable in Mitt without belittling those who would not listen and those who were hard to convince. I think Gov. Romney would have been proud of his efforts on his behalf. Most of the rest of you…..I repeat, worse cheerleaders ever.

Cindy Munford on February 20, 2013 at 11:33 PM

Cindy Munford, I am going to call you right now. You were always friendly with those who would bash in the most vulgar ways any supporters of Romney. You were absolutely SILENT whenever your little commenter buddies would go off on their frequent anti-Romney supporter insult sprees. And you know it. Romney supporters were always outnumbered terribly on this site, but we still fought back and put the annoying self-proclaimed “True Cons” in their place. We were outnumbered, and we still dominated the Mark Levin parrots. So spare me your scolding now. You want to know why you were called a phony? That is why. Yes, I know you are held in high esteem here, but I am not afraid to call out phoniness wherever I see it.

Even after the primaries, these lunatic Romney-bashers kept it up. You people are tiresome, often phony and do Obama supporters’ work for them.

Given that many of you are diehard Palin cultists, it’s easy to see why people say many of you people give Sarah Palin fans a bad name.

bluegill on February 21, 2013 at 2:11 AM

And I would like to add that Basilsbest and Crosspatch and BuyDanish and many others were always very patient and worthwhile contributors on here who were often called the nastiest names, in part because they wouldn’t go along with the “let’s dump on Romney because Mark Levin said to” attitude on here.

bluegill on February 21, 2013 at 2:16 AM

*call you out, that is

bluegill on February 21, 2013 at 2:17 AM

can_con on February 21, 2013 at 1:46 AM

Maybe. But when economic sh*t hits the fan, even more so than at already has, everyone’s vote is going to be up for grabs. I’d guess that we’re in for some pretty drastic upheavals in the next few years that are probably going to make these bits of conventional political wisdom obsolete pretty fast. So I don’t know if over-focusing on swing demographics is the smartest move.

RINO in Name Only on February 21, 2013 at 2:17 AM

@can_con You have a wild sense of humor. Funny I haven’t met you before. You should come on to QOTD more. I’m here almost every night. :-)

tommy71 on February 21, 2013 at 2:17 AM

tommy71 on February 21, 2013 at 2:07 AM

see, when you start punchin’ the wrong buttons you are a geezer!

seems like a good Foxworthy list.

You are a geezer if:

you buy a new toro lawn morrow to mow your rock garden,
your grandkids live with you and your gezzerette,
you hang out on political blogs well after bedtime,
etc.

Fred

jrsrigmvr on February 21, 2013 at 2:19 AM

bluegill on February 21, 2013 at 2:16 AM

false.

SparkPlug on February 21, 2013 at 2:20 AM

tommy71 on February 21, 2013 at 2:17 AM

Thanks Tommy. Past my bedtime when this thread usually heats up but took a nap today. Yup you might be a geezer if…lol

Us Canadians (canopfor and I) are usually day posters but i scan Qotd the next morning.

can_con on February 21, 2013 at 2:24 AM

Stench

Bmore on February 21, 2013 at 2:25 AM

tommy71 on February 21, 2013 at 2:07 AM

spark: request permission to throw a stick of dynamite in the lake. I think we have an invasive species trying to inhabit our calm and peaceful water tonite.

Fred

jrsrigmvr on February 21, 2013 at 2:26 AM

bluegill, cross-thread bashing can bring on the ire of AP.

INC on February 21, 2013 at 2:29 AM

INC on February 21, 2013 at 2:29 AM

Ah, that explains it. I was reading going What the? Where is this from?

can_con on February 21, 2013 at 2:32 AM

can_con on February 21, 2013 at 2:32 AM

Yeah, I went over and looked. AP blew up last fall or summer when the acrimony and backbiting pollution kept spreading.

INC on February 21, 2013 at 2:34 AM

This was supposed to be posted in the other thread.

bluegill on February 21, 2013 at 2:34 AM

gilled one, listen very carefully. One of these days your comments are going to strike me not in a humorous way. I have bothered to compile most of your comments where you have not only named called potential candidates such words as buffoon, bigot etc. but other commenters as well. I have somewhere in the neighborhood of one hundred of these type comments from you made on this site. Taken one at a time or once in a while they are funny because of the delusional state I perceive you to constantly be in. When I drop them, it will be all at once and at a time of my choosing. Now this evening I abused one of your comrades. He has earned the disrespect I pay him. He will continue to receive it. The other on your list for all intensive purposes has vanished, which I may in fact do as well shortly. But strike me the wrong way sometime and before I leave all of your comments will be laid out one after the other. It could possibly take more than one page. I assure you when laid back to back as I have them arranged you will be both mortified and embarrassed. My advice to you, worth exactly what you are paying, is to tread lightly.

Bmore on February 21, 2013 at 2:36 AM

bluegill on February 21, 2013 at 2:34 AM

You corrected yourself on both threads rather than having your next comment here being sorry wrong thread.

INC on February 21, 2013 at 2:37 AM

Oh please. “Stench” whenever someone comments is just peachy, but posting in the wrong thread will bring result in AP getting angry.

bluegill on February 21, 2013 at 2:38 AM

Anyway, I need to get going now.

Thank you for politely listening.

bluegill on February 21, 2013 at 2:39 AM

This one just got added.

Cindy Munford on February 20, 2013 at 11:33 PM

bluegill on February 21, 2013 at 2:11 AM

bluegill on February 21, 2013 at 2:16 AM

Bmore on February 21, 2013 at 2:39 AM

goodnight: God bless

or as they say down south

Adios: vaya con dios

For real this time.

see all you geezers on the other side of tomorrows sunrise.

Fred

jrsrigmvr on February 21, 2013 at 2:40 AM

bluegill on February 21, 2013 at 2:38 AM

I very specifically said cross-thread bashing. AP doesn’t care if you post a comment on the wrong thread.

INC on February 21, 2013 at 2:41 AM

Stench.

Bmore on February 21, 2013 at 2:41 AM

Gnite Geezer!

can_con on February 21, 2013 at 2:41 AM

jrsrigmvr on February 21, 2013 at 2:40 AM

Bye, Fred!

INC on February 21, 2013 at 2:42 AM

bluegill on February 21, 2013 at 2:16 AM

What thread did these comments come from? Neither of the comments you quoted appear in this thread, and Cindy went to sleep over an hour ago.

Were you just trying to find a way to work Palin into the discussion?

RINO in Name Only on February 21, 2013 at 2:42 AM

Good Night All.

Bmore on February 21, 2013 at 2:43 AM

Mark Levin said to” attitude on here.

bluegill on February 21, 2013 at 2:16 AM

…so, you don’t like Mark Levin do you?
Is he a little hard to understand?…you don’t like where he’s coming from?
….GET OFF THE THREAD…YOU STUPID MORON…!!!

KOOLAID2 on February 21, 2013 at 2:44 AM

Bye, Bmore!

INC on February 21, 2013 at 2:44 AM

Looks like I need to refresh more often.

RINO in Name Only on February 21, 2013 at 2:45 AM

RINO in Name Only on February 21, 2013 at 2:45 AM

Ha ha. You miss a few chairs thrown when you don’t!

INC on February 21, 2013 at 2:47 AM