Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on February 20, 2013 by Allahpundit

Why should RINOs hang their heads in shame and be relegated to the fringes of their party? The party is the fringe. Isn’t it time to reclaim the salt lick? RINOs need to be defiantly proud, aggressively centrist and unapologetically sane.

There are a couple of obstacles to this obvious course. First, sane people are too busy Being Normal to organize. No, “normal” is not a relative term. We all know what normal is, and it doesn’t involve carrying gigantic photos of aborted fetuses to political conventions. For example.

[W]hat has become glaringly clear is that RINOs need to stop being so normal and grant their better angels a sabbatical. Forget taking back the country. Start by taking back your party. Do it for your country.

RINOs: The Strong. The Proud. The Many.

***

Why is Rush Limbaugh batting one for six in presidential races? Why is Fox News one for five? Perhaps it is because two decades later, what many of us once considered to be an important balance to left-wing media bias have become the only outlets conservative politicians and thought leaders consider legitimate. That has proven to be a terrible calculation.

This assumption has now become so widespread on the right that any news analysis or media poll that runs counter to Republican interests is dismissed by the right as biased and irrelevant. This mindset took firm hold in 2012 so that the echo chamber syndrome that once made fools of left has now come back to undermine the right. Not only does this approach distort political reality by only reinforcing pre-existing worldviews, it also stifles intellectual debate inside the party. This in turn creates the kind of stale political environment that has been criticized of late by conservative thought leaders like Bill Kristol, John Podhoretz and Pete Wehner. Mr. Wehner wrote a column today in “Commentary” calling for the “intellectual unfreezing” of the right.

Conservatives should celebrate the gains they have made in the media world over the past two decades. But their greatest challenge moving forward is to begin breaking down the walls they have built that keeps them locked inside a comfort zone that distorts political reality and cedes great advantages to Democratic candidates. What conservatives must do instead is dare to think different, apply eternal truths to current realities and then start spreading their gospel of conservatism to the swing voters who have rejected them in five of six presidential races.

***

The other point that the reaction to my Rush comments proves is that conservatives continue to view criticism (even the constructive kind) through a lens of ideological suspicion. Even though I defended conservative principles as right, strong and popular, and explicitly said this isn’t about casting strident conservatives out of the party but reworking our messaging, Rush’s fans still decided that my conservatism was discredited. Disagreeing with him, or merely offering that we should feel comfortable disagreeing with party leaders now and then, suddenly made me an untrustworthy, sell-out liberal.

I care deeply about the conservative movement, which is why I regularly put myself in a position to defend it in hostile territory, on liberal media outlets where I am usually outnumbered. It’s why I am my party’s biggest cheerleader when our leaders do the right thing. And it’s why I travel the country telling as many people as possible why conservative policies are better for them than liberal ones.

But it’s also why I risk friends and fans by calling out Republican elected officials, operatives like Karl Rove, the Republican National Committee, and conservative pundits when necessary. It’s no profile in courage, but merely common sense. We’ll never win credibility with new voters if we insist everything that every conservative says or does should be defended and justified.

***

In the states, the Republican focus on cost containment and efficiency works best when it is combined with a commitment to providing high-quality government services and an understanding that government can and should be useful. Republican governors’ talk about improving their states’ governments contrasts with national Republican rhetoric, which tends to cast government as an impediment to freedom and growth.

Such a balanced approach is the reason that New Jersey Governor Chris Christie has approval ratings in the 70s, or that governors like John Kasich in Ohio and Susana Martinez in New Mexico did the math and accepted Medicaid expansion funds that will benefit their constituents, instead of dying on the hill of opposition to Obamacare.

***

Why would Glenn Beck or the other right-wing talkers be impressed with a guy like Chris Christie? Hell, he only cut business taxes by $2.6 billion and created 100,000 new jobs over two years in his one state. Oh, yeah. He is also the first pro-life governor to serve in New Jersey since Roe v. Wade passed in 1973.

Why would any member of the Conservative Entertainment Complex want anything to do with a RINO who carries around that kind of conservative record in a blue state that hasn’t gone Republican in a presidential contest in 25 years?…

Glenn Beck must be infuriated. Why, this Chris Christie character has created a new kind of gender gap in this Democratic state that has him actually winning the female vote by 23 percent. Numbers like that have to enrage talkers like Glenn Beck, who have spent most of their adult lives working to make women voters run AWAY from the Republican Party faster than you can say “government-sanctioned vaginal probe.”

Why would Glenn Beck or any self-described conservative like Chris Christie?

***

Like Rubio, Christie is being touted as a candidate for the GOP presidential nomination in 2016. But the Garden State’s tough-guy governor, whose combativeness once drove me to call him a chest-beating “bully,” is no phony. And unlike Rubio, he’s also not a rabid right-winger.

For all of his bluster, Christie has modeled a kind of bipartisanship that has won him the highest approval rating of any governor in the country. He now enjoys the support of nearly half of the Democrats in New Jersey — a state whose voters backed the Democratic nominee in each of the past six presidential elections…

Christie … is betting the American people have tired of the intransigence of the political right and left. He’s hoping that in a tug of war, mainstream Republicans will regain control of the GOP presidential candidate selection process and clear the way for him to become the party’s standard-bearer in 2016. Christie is a greater threat than Rubio to chip away at the coalition that twice hoisted Obama into the White House.

***

Today’s Republicans are very good at tending the fire of Ronald Reagan’s memory but not nearly as good at learning from his successes. They slavishly adhere to the economic program that Reagan developed to meet the challenges of the late 1970s and early 1980s, ignoring the fact that he largely overcame those challenges, and now we have new ones. It’s because Republicans have not moved on from that time that Senators Marco Rubio and Rand Paul, in their responses to the State of the Union address last week, offered so few new ideas…

Conservatives should retain their skepticism about government intervention, the preference for letting markets direct economic resources and the zeal for ending government-created barriers to economic growth that they inherited from Reagan. In his first Inaugural Address, Reagan famously said that “government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem.” The less famous yet crucial beginning of that sentence was “in our present crisis.” The question is whether conservatism revives by attending to today’s conditions, or becomes something withered and dead.

***

Last night, Glenn appeared on The O’Reilly Factor and discussed the influence that the Tea Party will have in the country moving forward and the continuing struggle between the establishment GOP and advocates for small government.

In the interview, Glenn told O’Reilly that he was done dealing with the big government establishment GOP, and that they have betrayed their values for too long. Glenn said that the GOP have worked against the Tea Party for too long…

Glenn did not agree with the trend for some in the GOP to become more “moderate” on issues, and said the most moderate position would be to cut spending.

***

This is why I cannot take the RINOs any more ladies and gentlemen. I cannot take the Republicans anymore. And I will be absolutely straight with you. If I believed that a third party would be viable, if I believed a third party wouldn’t elect generation after generation of Barack Obamas and Nancy Pelosis and Harry Reids, I’d go third party. I really would. But I can’t. Because I know what that will do.

Click the image to listen.

ml

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

I wish I could.

Cindy Munford on February 21, 2013 at 12:02 AM

As does my bride. ; )

Bmore on February 21, 2013 at 12:07 AM

I take it KP want’s the RINO’s to take back the party because she can’t vote for Obama again?

Kjeil on February 21, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Bmore declined his title/position last night, respectfully.

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 12:01 AM

You of all people must know my reasons. At least of all people I thought you might.

Bmore on February 21, 2013 at 12:06 AM

I do not know your reasons, but then again I do not need to either, I respect you and that is good enough for me.

SWalker on February 21, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Well, that would certainly explain why you guys were doing it under the water fall… ;p

SWalker on February 21, 2013 at 12:05 AM

My waterfall?

Bmore on February 21, 2013 at 12:07 AM

It just needs a good name.

Fallon on February 20, 2013 at 11:05 PM

I like the American Freedom Party. That’s my 2 cents:-)

bluefox on February 21, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Bmore on February 21, 2013 at 12:06 AM

I just wanted all who care to know that you didn’t accept. That’s all.

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 12:08 AM

SparkPlug on February 21, 2013 at 12:06 AM

I hereby award you a special commendation, a silver moon bean cluster, for Meritorious Service While Ill.

Service like that is commendable. :)

thatsafactjack on February 21, 2013 at 12:08 AM

RINO in Name Only on February 20, 2013 at 11:54 PM

now this is rush

Fred

jrsrigmvr on February 21, 2013 at 12:08 AM

KCB on February 21, 2013 at 12:04 AM

Wow, I really haven’t given that any serious thought. I still haven’t recovered from this last go round. Hmmmmm, let me think.

Cindy Munford on February 21, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Bmore declined his title/position last night, respectfully.

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 12:01 AM

WTH? BMore would have been perfect. Whose gonna be Game Warden now. There are so many bluegills to feed.

SparkPlug on February 21, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Jeez SW, I’m a bachelor too. Don’t leave me in a lurch. And so is KCB, by the way. ;-)

tommy71 on February 21, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Well, like I said, “Question popping” makes me nervous… lol lol…

SWalker on February 21, 2013 at 12:09 AM

SparkPlug on February 21, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Service like that is commendable. :)

thatsafactjack on February 21, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Thank you sooo much. I will wear that silver moon bean cluster proudly. Could be a major chick magnet. (:

SparkPlug on February 21, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Hey all, KCB and me are doing a poll. Those who haven’t made their choices, please do join in.

tommy71 on February 21, 2013 at 12:09 AM

SparkPlug on February 21, 2013 at 12:09 AM

Oh, I’m certain of it, Spark! :)

thatsafactjack on February 21, 2013 at 12:10 AM

Funny how all these people choose to beat up the Rs. Barry wants more taxes rather than the cuts of the sequester…and his media will trumpet barry’s msg loud and clear..Rs want people to die, etc.

In the face of that one would hope that they could tell us what they stand for? The delta between spending and revenues implies a across the board tax increase of at least 40 percent. I know that math is not the job of ‘pundits’, but seriously…that’s a big mismatch. Hikiing every Fed tax (yes, SS) would kill the economy for years

so why the bickering? just vanity? or innumeracy? or TV time? Or just clowns and cowards hiding under their beds

r keller on February 21, 2013 at 12:11 AM

Cindy Munford on February 21, 2013 at 12:05 AM

Absolutely!

KCB on February 21, 2013 at 12:11 AM

I’m not sure Hillary can run. As little as is being made of “What difference does it make?” now, I don’t think that would survive the nomination process.

Cindy Munford on February 21, 2013 at 12:12 AM

SparkPlug on February 21, 2013 at 12:06 AM

Service like that is commendable. :)

thatsafactjack on February 21, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Congratulations Sparky!!

KCB on February 21, 2013 at 12:13 AM

“And we can’t be afraid to call out Rush Limbaugh,” I say as an aside in the piece. “If we can get three Republicans on three different networks saying, ‘What Rush Limbaugh said is crazy and stupid and dangerous,’ maybe that’ll give other Republicans cover” to feel comfortable disagreeing with him as well from time to time.

Why does Rush Limbaugh need to be called out? He hasn’t ruined this country. Your focus should be on the elected politicians in Washington, DC, whose decisions have ruined this once great country.

Why should we take SE Cupp seriously when she has no problem going on a show where the host called Sarah Palin the c word.

RedRobin145 on February 21, 2013 at 12:14 AM

I can hardly think of three nominally Republican pundits I would care less what their opinion was than Kathleen Parker, Joe Scarborough, and Glenn Beck. Between them, they have all the depth of 24 Karat gold plating.

And just who is the target audience for the recurring pop-under ad to buy a subscription? The tiny slice of readers who aren’t thoroughly annoyed by the sneaky way you avoid ad blocking should be completely disgusted by the grinning hyena of a model.

If you must offend our common sense with the ad, at least put a hot chick as the model, and in a shirt a couple sizes too small. This is America, dadgummit! That’s how you SELL stuff!

Adjoran on February 21, 2013 at 12:14 AM

Cindy Munford on February 21, 2013 at 12:12 AM

As if the ones who vote for dems, the LoInFo voter, would like really care…

Scrumpy on February 21, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Cindy Munford on February 21, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Nothing but my gut. I don’t think her health will let her.

KCB on February 21, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Well done Sparky!! Congrats!!

Possible chick magnet indeed! ;-)

Scrumpy on February 21, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Cindy Munford on February 21, 2013 at 12:12 AM

It’s a resume enhancement. And the low-info voters permanently brainwashed Socialists couldn’t tell the difference between Benghazi and Ben-Gay.

Myron Falwell on February 21, 2013 at 12:17 AM

RINO in Name Only on February 20, 2013 at 11:54 PM

now this is rush

Fred

jrsrigmvr on February 21, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Sigh… Ok, you caught me with that one Fred, had to go high def and full screen… God I love a really good power trio… ;)

SWalker on February 21, 2013 at 12:17 AM

And to reiterate the poll question, here it is: Who do you think will end up as the pub and dem nominee in ’16? Not necessarily someone you support, but that your political instincts tell you will be the nominee.

tommy71 on February 21, 2013 at 12:17 AM

It’s been my observation of late that conservatives tend to care less about what pundits say every day.

It seems to me that there is a great deal more information gathering, processing, and discussion, among conservatives toward determining what they think about the issues and policies independent of input by the pundits, political commentators, and ‘journalists’.

thatsafactjack on February 21, 2013 at 12:18 AM

I don’t think S has an E cupp.

Rusty Allen on February 21, 2013 at 12:18 AM

simple man

more commentary to come

Fred

jrsrigmvr on February 21, 2013 at 12:18 AM

KCB on February 21, 2013 at 12:16 AM

There isn’t anything wrong with her it was a ruse to not have to testify until she was ready…

Scrumpy on February 21, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Scrumpy on February 21, 2013 at 12:15 AM

I think some swarmy Democrat will use it against her. Someone that will wave money and “free” cellphones around to get the low info voter’s attention.

Cindy Munford on February 21, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Cindy Munford on February 21, 2013 at 12:12 AM

I also think her health issues will be a major factor against her in a campaign. Not to mention how she’s let herself go these last four years, very publicly.

thatsafactjack on February 21, 2013 at 12:19 AM

No, I wouldn’t put Beck in that same category, Parker hasn’t been useful since 2007, Scarborough since his conniption over Katrina,

narciso on February 21, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Somebody say RUSH?

KCB on February 21, 2013 at 12:19 AM

OK. How many RINO grassroots groups have you ever heard of?

INC on February 20, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Congress?

bluefox on February 21, 2013 at 12:19 AM

If anything she would garner a huge sympathy vote based on that alone.

The libs want her, and badly…

Le Soupir

Scrumpy on February 21, 2013 at 12:20 AM

The topic is boring.

I love expressions, from a variety of languages/sources.

Here’s one provided in the Romney thread. Post your favorite/liked one/s.

In my native German we have a proverb: better a horrible end than horror without end.

(Lieber ein Ende mit Schrecken als ein Schrecken ohne Ende)

Gelsomina on February 20, 2013 at 10:48 PM

GOP, RIP

p.s. no need to focus on politics only.

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Cindy Munford on February 21, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Got to agree. She will just do the speaker circuit and fade into retirement.
MSM will keep pushing her through 2014, then the awakening will happen after Obamacare destroys the Dems and they will need a new saviour that can fix it. Won’t be someone on the radar yet.

For GOP, Jindal is the best guy to unravel that mess. With Dr. Carson as VP and DHHS secretary joint role.
Because it will be that big of a mess.

can_con on February 21, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Now I use to think that Cuomo was running N.Y. rather moderately but then he went off the wall over gun control. He probably could bounce back if he shut up about it now.

Cindy Munford on February 21, 2013 at 12:21 AM

Scrumpy on February 21, 2013 at 12:19 AM

I don’t think she is in good enough health. I agree that what we saw was a smokescreen. But with her age and, I believe, her drinking, I don’t think she will go.

KCB on February 21, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Cindy Munford on February 21, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Maybe, but I always thought of her as the darling of the party…

Once the Clinton machine gets into gear, well, anything is possible.

Scrumpy on February 21, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Booker/Jeb Bush (grrrrrrr, no more Bushs, Clintons, Kennedys, Obamaas, or any other clans)

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 12:23 AM

thatsafactjack on February 21, 2013 at 12:19 AM

She sure as heck has to get rid of the person how steered her to the Chairman Mao clothing line. Does the woman have a mirror?

Cindy Munford on February 21, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Scrumpy on February 21, 2013 at 12:22 AM

I don’t know, I think they like him and tolerate her because of him. I think she took the S.O.S. position so she could finally have some accomplishment other than being Bubba’s long suffering wife.

Cindy Munford on February 21, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Does the woman have a mirror?

Cindy Munford on February 21, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Yes, but she doesn’t have a good body :)

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 12:25 AM

My guns won’t be illegal. They’ll be “undocumented.”

Yours? lmao

Resist We Much on February 21, 2013 at 12:25 AM

Jindal was the wunderkind on healthcare, but he was mostly AWOL in 2009-2010, and someone else carried the burden,

narciso on February 21, 2013 at 12:25 AM

I thought it was going to say ‘How many RINO’S ….does it take to screw in a lightbulb?’

thatsafactjack on February 20, 2013 at 11:25 PM

Only one, as long as Harry Reid says its ok.

RINO in Name Only on February 21, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Poll stats. So far, the pubs picked are Walker, Perry, Bush, Boehner, Pence, Daniels, Santorum, Paul, Christie and Jindal. Yes, Boehner made the list. :-) The dems picked are Booker, Cuomo, Clinton, O’Malley and Schweitzer.

tommy71 on February 21, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Cindy Munford on February 21, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Good point Cindy :-)

Scrumpy on February 21, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Lobsters, rejoice!

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 12:27 AM

My guns won’t be illegal. They’ll be “undocumented.”

Yours? lmao

Resist We Much on February 21, 2013 at 12:25 AM

You crack yourself up, good lady, for so many valid reasons.

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 12:29 AM

tommy71 on February 21, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Seriously! Someone picked Boehner??

KCB on February 21, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Resist We Much on February 21, 2013 at 12:25 AM

Mine will be resident aliens.

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 12:29 AM

narciso on February 21, 2013 at 12:25 AM

BP Oil Spill. He was working, plus that SOTU Address probably set him back a bit.

can_con on February 21, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Ironically, not one peep picked Rubio or Ryan. lol

tommy71 on February 21, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Ken, yes, seriously.

tommy71 on February 21, 2013 at 12:31 AM

can_con on February 21, 2013 at 12:29 AM

I like Jindal.

KCB on February 21, 2013 at 12:32 AM

Ken, yes, seriously.

tommy71 on February 21, 2013 at 12:31 AM

OK, who? I gotta know!

KCB on February 21, 2013 at 12:33 AM

The Dems will run that Castro mayor from San Antonio. They love cult of personality, under-qualified, hyper-liberal, smarmy-arrogant types.

Jackalope on February 21, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 12:25 AM

She needs to go on that show “What Not To Wear.”.

Cindy Munford on February 21, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Cindy Munford on February 21, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Exactly! LOL! And I think that’s the best indicator that she really doesn’t mean to run. The hype from the left not withstanding.

She’s rich enough not to care what people think of her, and knows that she’s only going to get richer between the speaking tours and the books that are sure to come, not to mention all the ‘deal’s she and WJC will be party to over the next few years. She’ll likely, right after the 2014 elections, suddenly decided that she wants to dedicate herself to the Clinton Foundation. She and WJC are foundation stock in the elitist Democratic social circle. That’s where they’ll remain. In twilight, pulling strings.

thatsafactjack on February 21, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Cindy Munford on February 21, 2013 at 12:23 AM

Now that was funny

SparkPlug on February 21, 2013 at 12:33 AM

I still think Rubio is going to milk the immigration thing for everything it is worth and then walk away from it.

Cindy Munford on February 21, 2013 at 12:34 AM

RINO in Name Only on February 21, 2013 at 12:26 AM

LOL! Good one. :)

thatsafactjack on February 21, 2013 at 12:35 AM

Ken, lol. Its a secret. Will be revealed when the nominees are declared. I’m think that I saw that particular peep make a comment or 2 on this thread.

tommy71 on February 21, 2013 at 12:35 AM

Jackalope on February 21, 2013 at 12:33 AM

Villaraigosa is dying to run…but they’ll run Booker. They want to prove that it can be, or must be, a black, henceforth.

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 12:35 AM

Cindy Munford on February 21, 2013 at 12:34 AM

There’s been so much straining at the White House to compare Obama to Lincoln lately that I was wondering if Rubio might not fancy himself in that role.

thatsafactjack on February 21, 2013 at 12:36 AM

thatsafactjack on February 21, 2013 at 12:36 AM

Obama makes Carter feel good. The Punk put Carter in the second to worst place.

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 12:38 AM

can_con on February 21, 2013 at 12:29 AM
I like Jindal.
KCB on February 21, 2013 at 12:32 AM

I am of the firm belief that you need to stay away from anyone in 2016 who is a 1st termer Work in Progress. That rules out almost all except Jindal/Perry/Jeb (shudders)/Daniels.

No congressman or Senators need apply.

That leaves Jindal/Perry. Both Are great.

can_con on February 21, 2013 at 12:38 AM

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 12:38 AM

You’re right. Carter is likely deeply grateful to him, or at least, should be.

thatsafactjack on February 21, 2013 at 12:39 AM

tommy71 on February 21, 2013 at 12:35 AM

Just when I thought I could count on you. So much promise…

KCB on February 21, 2013 at 12:39 AM

It’s funny, I like Santorum as a commentator, find him immensely interesting and knowledgeable but for some reason that didn’t carry over as a candidate.

Cindy Munford on February 21, 2013 at 12:40 AM

So come on, peeps. Make your picks. I gotta store it and conserve it till the nominees are announced. :-)

tommy71 on February 21, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Mine will be resident aliens.

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 12:29 AM

Hey, that gives me an idea! I’m going to go into the gun “green card” biz!

Resist We Much on February 21, 2013 at 12:42 AM

If the GOP doesn’t run Walker, the GOP is dead.

Walker/Rubio and save the money on the primaries. Seriously, stop running
candidates.

As far as Ds, it will be Hillary or Warren.

Midwestprincesse on February 21, 2013 at 12:42 AM

YYZ

KCB on February 21, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Kathleen Parker seems to forget RINOS had complete control of the GOP in 2002-8 and 2012. Every election we lost seats.

They lost control in 2010 and we had historic gains. This lost continued in the States in 2012 where the GOP did great.

But now she bawls because people are smarting up and realizing that RINOS like her could care less about wining. They in fact seem to be the DNC’s greatest weapon.

Steveangell on February 21, 2013 at 12:42 AM

My toothpicks broke :-)

I am sorry but I really need to sleep…too many late nights have caught up to me…

I bid thee all a fond goodnight! God Bless and be well!

*swoosh*

Scrumpy on February 21, 2013 at 12:42 AM

if i leave here tomorrow will you still remember me?

you can’t play skynard without this one.

comment: As a simple man form the WY outback I just simply don’t give a dam_ about rinos or gope or dem. or lib or etc. They are all out for themselves and i resolved a long time ago that they won’t look out for me unless it’s in their own best interest. Solution: eff em all, I will look out for myself thank you very much.

if i leave here tomorrow will you still remember me?

Fred

jrsrigmvr on February 21, 2013 at 12:43 AM

@can_con Perry is my first pick and Jindal, my secondary pick. :-)

tommy71 on February 21, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Amnesty Rubio would lose it for us possibly.

Walker/Jindal now that would be great or Walker/Cain. Even Santorum/Walker would win though. Though I would vastly prefer Walker on top.

Steveangell on February 21, 2013 at 12:45 AM

This comment by Cupp is wierd. Is she calling Limbaugh a Party leader? I would submit that it is he calling out Party leaders and she is defending them.

The problem is that the pundits like Cupp have become too comfortable with their surroundings, which would be the east or west coast. People like Limbaugh are formed by their flyover country upbringing. Even though he is too bombastic for my taste he does get noticed.

Vince on February 21, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Tommy and Ken, you asked for who’ll be the nominees, not whom we wish were the nominees. Maybe the Boehner item is one of those.

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 12:46 AM

As far as Ds, it will be Hillary or Warren.

Midwestprincesse on February 21, 2013 at 12:42 AM

I’m going to have nightmares for days.

Cindy Munford on February 21, 2013 at 12:46 AM

@can_con Perry is my first pick and Jindal, my secondary pick. :-)
tommy71 on February 21, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Can’t argue with that! I would kind of like to see Texas send a big dose of whoopass to Washington!

can_con on February 21, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Nite Scrumpy. Sleep well, dear.

tommy71 on February 21, 2013 at 12:48 AM

Good night Chrissy.

KCB on February 21, 2013 at 12:48 AM

I’m going to go into the gun “green card” biz!

Resist We Much on February 21, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Heh, Gore and Kerry will confuse you for climate nuts. Kerry’s first speech as Sec. of State…environmentalism and “the congress is worse than the terrorists and etc”…no kidding.

Mrs. Kerry is glad to have given her dog the doghouse key.

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Midwestprincesse on February 21, 2013 at 12:42 AM

I picked Walker too.

KCB on February 21, 2013 at 12:50 AM

@Midwestprincesse Are you trying to change your dem picks? Then please do say so. If you don’t remember, last time around, you chose O’Malley/Schweitzer. You’re on my list.

tommy71 on February 21, 2013 at 12:52 AM

I picked Walker too.

KCB on February 21, 2013 at 12:50 AM

Is he whom you wish, or whom you think will be selected?

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 12:52 AM

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Dennis Miller on BHO commented it was like a travelling stonehenge exhibit.

can_con on February 21, 2013 at 12:52 AM

@Schad Regarding Boehner, very true.

tommy71 on February 21, 2013 at 12:54 AM

jrsrigmvr on February 21, 2013 at 12:43 AM

I will remember you , Fred, fondly, but don’t leave. :)

thatsafactjack on February 21, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Is he whom you wish, or whom you think will be selected?

Schadenfreude on February 21, 2013 at 12:52 AM

I think it will be Walker or McDonnell. i think it will be an ex Governor.

KCB on February 21, 2013 at 12:54 AM

Scrumpy on February 21, 2013 at 12:42 AM

Goodnight, Spritely One! Get some rest and dream of moonlight and forest pools. :)

thatsafactjack on February 21, 2013 at 12:55 AM

Name the new conservative party the Kegger Party.

Instant appeal to the youth vote.

trigon on February 21, 2013 at 12:55 AM