Quotes of the day

posted at 10:41 pm on February 20, 2013 by Allahpundit

Why should RINOs hang their heads in shame and be relegated to the fringes of their party? The party is the fringe. Isn’t it time to reclaim the salt lick? RINOs need to be defiantly proud, aggressively centrist and unapologetically sane.

There are a couple of obstacles to this obvious course. First, sane people are too busy Being Normal to organize. No, “normal” is not a relative term. We all know what normal is, and it doesn’t involve carrying gigantic photos of aborted fetuses to political conventions. For example.

[W]hat has become glaringly clear is that RINOs need to stop being so normal and grant their better angels a sabbatical. Forget taking back the country. Start by taking back your party. Do it for your country.

RINOs: The Strong. The Proud. The Many.

***

Why is Rush Limbaugh batting one for six in presidential races? Why is Fox News one for five? Perhaps it is because two decades later, what many of us once considered to be an important balance to left-wing media bias have become the only outlets conservative politicians and thought leaders consider legitimate. That has proven to be a terrible calculation.

This assumption has now become so widespread on the right that any news analysis or media poll that runs counter to Republican interests is dismissed by the right as biased and irrelevant. This mindset took firm hold in 2012 so that the echo chamber syndrome that once made fools of left has now come back to undermine the right. Not only does this approach distort political reality by only reinforcing pre-existing worldviews, it also stifles intellectual debate inside the party. This in turn creates the kind of stale political environment that has been criticized of late by conservative thought leaders like Bill Kristol, John Podhoretz and Pete Wehner. Mr. Wehner wrote a column today in “Commentary” calling for the “intellectual unfreezing” of the right.

Conservatives should celebrate the gains they have made in the media world over the past two decades. But their greatest challenge moving forward is to begin breaking down the walls they have built that keeps them locked inside a comfort zone that distorts political reality and cedes great advantages to Democratic candidates. What conservatives must do instead is dare to think different, apply eternal truths to current realities and then start spreading their gospel of conservatism to the swing voters who have rejected them in five of six presidential races.

***

The other point that the reaction to my Rush comments proves is that conservatives continue to view criticism (even the constructive kind) through a lens of ideological suspicion. Even though I defended conservative principles as right, strong and popular, and explicitly said this isn’t about casting strident conservatives out of the party but reworking our messaging, Rush’s fans still decided that my conservatism was discredited. Disagreeing with him, or merely offering that we should feel comfortable disagreeing with party leaders now and then, suddenly made me an untrustworthy, sell-out liberal.

I care deeply about the conservative movement, which is why I regularly put myself in a position to defend it in hostile territory, on liberal media outlets where I am usually outnumbered. It’s why I am my party’s biggest cheerleader when our leaders do the right thing. And it’s why I travel the country telling as many people as possible why conservative policies are better for them than liberal ones.

But it’s also why I risk friends and fans by calling out Republican elected officials, operatives like Karl Rove, the Republican National Committee, and conservative pundits when necessary. It’s no profile in courage, but merely common sense. We’ll never win credibility with new voters if we insist everything that every conservative says or does should be defended and justified.

***

In the states, the Republican focus on cost containment and efficiency works best when it is combined with a commitment to providing high-quality government services and an understanding that government can and should be useful. Republican governors’ talk about improving their states’ governments contrasts with national Republican rhetoric, which tends to cast government as an impediment to freedom and growth.

Such a balanced approach is the reason that New Jersey Governor Chris Christie has approval ratings in the 70s, or that governors like John Kasich in Ohio and Susana Martinez in New Mexico did the math and accepted Medicaid expansion funds that will benefit their constituents, instead of dying on the hill of opposition to Obamacare.

***

Why would Glenn Beck or the other right-wing talkers be impressed with a guy like Chris Christie? Hell, he only cut business taxes by $2.6 billion and created 100,000 new jobs over two years in his one state. Oh, yeah. He is also the first pro-life governor to serve in New Jersey since Roe v. Wade passed in 1973.

Why would any member of the Conservative Entertainment Complex want anything to do with a RINO who carries around that kind of conservative record in a blue state that hasn’t gone Republican in a presidential contest in 25 years?…

Glenn Beck must be infuriated. Why, this Chris Christie character has created a new kind of gender gap in this Democratic state that has him actually winning the female vote by 23 percent. Numbers like that have to enrage talkers like Glenn Beck, who have spent most of their adult lives working to make women voters run AWAY from the Republican Party faster than you can say “government-sanctioned vaginal probe.”

Why would Glenn Beck or any self-described conservative like Chris Christie?

***

Like Rubio, Christie is being touted as a candidate for the GOP presidential nomination in 2016. But the Garden State’s tough-guy governor, whose combativeness once drove me to call him a chest-beating “bully,” is no phony. And unlike Rubio, he’s also not a rabid right-winger.

For all of his bluster, Christie has modeled a kind of bipartisanship that has won him the highest approval rating of any governor in the country. He now enjoys the support of nearly half of the Democrats in New Jersey — a state whose voters backed the Democratic nominee in each of the past six presidential elections…

Christie … is betting the American people have tired of the intransigence of the political right and left. He’s hoping that in a tug of war, mainstream Republicans will regain control of the GOP presidential candidate selection process and clear the way for him to become the party’s standard-bearer in 2016. Christie is a greater threat than Rubio to chip away at the coalition that twice hoisted Obama into the White House.

***

Today’s Republicans are very good at tending the fire of Ronald Reagan’s memory but not nearly as good at learning from his successes. They slavishly adhere to the economic program that Reagan developed to meet the challenges of the late 1970s and early 1980s, ignoring the fact that he largely overcame those challenges, and now we have new ones. It’s because Republicans have not moved on from that time that Senators Marco Rubio and Rand Paul, in their responses to the State of the Union address last week, offered so few new ideas…

Conservatives should retain their skepticism about government intervention, the preference for letting markets direct economic resources and the zeal for ending government-created barriers to economic growth that they inherited from Reagan. In his first Inaugural Address, Reagan famously said that “government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem.” The less famous yet crucial beginning of that sentence was “in our present crisis.” The question is whether conservatism revives by attending to today’s conditions, or becomes something withered and dead.

***

Last night, Glenn appeared on The O’Reilly Factor and discussed the influence that the Tea Party will have in the country moving forward and the continuing struggle between the establishment GOP and advocates for small government.

In the interview, Glenn told O’Reilly that he was done dealing with the big government establishment GOP, and that they have betrayed their values for too long. Glenn said that the GOP have worked against the Tea Party for too long…

Glenn did not agree with the trend for some in the GOP to become more “moderate” on issues, and said the most moderate position would be to cut spending.

***

This is why I cannot take the RINOs any more ladies and gentlemen. I cannot take the Republicans anymore. And I will be absolutely straight with you. If I believed that a third party would be viable, if I believed a third party wouldn’t elect generation after generation of Barack Obamas and Nancy Pelosis and Harry Reids, I’d go third party. I really would. But I can’t. Because I know what that will do.

Click the image to listen.

ml

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 5

Le Soupir…

Scrumpy

KCB on February 20, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Me, myself, and I !

listens2glenn on February 20, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Two in a row…

KCB on February 20, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Scrumpy is here!

Scrumpy on February 20, 2013 at 10:42 PM

I pounce like a cat and yet you guys still beat me out!!

Good evening :-)

Scrumpy on February 20, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Pages are loading too slow . . . . (multiple expletives).

listens2glenn on February 20, 2013 at 10:43 PM

A cheap ploy for attention by a not very popular pundit. Yawn.

Blake on February 20, 2013 at 10:43 PM

I’d go third party. I really would. But I can’t.

I can.

Fallon on February 20, 2013 at 10:44 PM

Scrumpy on February 20, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Good evening Chrissy!

KCB on February 20, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Ken I am still chuckling at “Le Soupir…”

CoffeeLover on February 20, 2013 at 10:46 PM

Evenin’ peepers.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 20, 2013 at 10:46 PM

CoffeeLover, Barb!

KCB on February 20, 2013 at 10:47 PM

I’d go third party. I really would. But I can’t.

I can.

Fallon on February 20, 2013 at 10:44 PM

As the Great One said tonight a Third Party hasn’t had a serious shot at winning an election since before the Civil War.

Look I”m just as p!ssed at the GOPe as you but the answer is to take over the GOP with conservatives. Honestly I don’t think we’ve really been focused on that until the last 5 years or so. After Bush left office we really looked at how bad the GOPe/ compassionate conservativism really was.

We’ve made some good strides with Cruz, Fisher, Lee, Walker, Ron Johnson, Rand Paul…etc.

LevinFan on February 20, 2013 at 10:48 PM

KCB on February 20, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Tomorrow is Monday. I HATE Mondays!

annoyinglittletwerp on February 20, 2013 at 10:48 PM

Dang I’m unplugged. I don’t know who she is, and I don’t care.

I’m goin’ back to drawin’.

cozmo on February 20, 2013 at 10:48 PM

listens2glenn on February 20, 2013 at 10:42 PM

On my first entry I had the big red submit button. Now it’s gone. Page is loading weird..but still….

KCB on February 20, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Salute *clink!*

tommy71 on February 20, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Squishy centrists are so adorable when they’re angry.

RINO in Name Only on February 20, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Hmmmm, the liberal media outlets, pundits & talking heads all agree:

Conservatives MUST be more like Democrats!

And the hold up as their shining example Chris Christie.

How can anyone NOT be convinced that all they want to do is make the Republican Party better?

….. this level of stupid on their part explains the SCOAMF completely.

PolAgnostic on February 20, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Tough words there Allah… I need a few moments to digest what you are saying…

Scrumpy on February 20, 2013 at 10:50 PM

And unlike Rubio, he’s also not a rabid right-winger.

So much material, so little time.

And I don’t have to go Third Party, I can go No Party and concentrate on keeping, protecting, and if necessary hiding what I have now. I’m not a Party apparatchik that will ignore the widening gap between the royal political class and the rest of us.

Bishop on February 20, 2013 at 10:51 PM

Come to think of it, I’ve never seen Kathleen Parker and David Frum… Eric S.E.Cupp in the same room at the same time.

applebutter on February 20, 2013 at 10:51 PM

How about Kathleen Parker, Joe Manchin and Cornelius Huntsman try out their RINO takeover within the confines of Morning Joe. I am sure they will be embraced enthusiastically by all the other Liberals!

can_con on February 20, 2013 at 10:52 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on February 20, 2013 at 10:48 PM

I hope you don’t have to get in too early.

KCB on February 20, 2013 at 10:52 PM

*clink*
no comment

KOOLAID2 on February 20, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Gotta love autocorrect.

applebutter on February 20, 2013 at 10:52 PM

RINOs: The Strong. The Proud. The Many.

excerpt: Kathleen Parker OpEd Washington Post

Ms Parker … you can GO (the rest of this comment has been deleted by commenter, to save his posting privileges).

listens2glenn on February 20, 2013 at 10:53 PM

AP has cleverly thrown bait out there. Gonna be an interesting party. *clink!*

tommy71 on February 20, 2013 at 10:53 PM

*clink!*

KCB on February 20, 2013 at 10:53 PM

KCB on February 20, 2013 at 10:49 PM

I had that once tonight but I am finding that on the Main Page it shows 5 comments. I go into the thread and there are a lot more responses. I have been finding the board acting wonky for a few days already.

CoffeeLover on February 20, 2013 at 10:53 PM

Ahhh, so this is where everyone is hiding today… I certainly hope no annoying chit-chating is going on in this thread… ;p

SWalker on February 20, 2013 at 10:56 PM

TWO Scarborough articles?!?!

steebo77 on February 20, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Hi SWalker.

KCB on February 20, 2013 at 10:57 PM

listens2glenn on February 20, 2013 at 10:42 PM

KCB on February 20, 2013 at 10:49 PM

My pages are just plain loading ssslllooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

I’m not a true IT Professional, but I do know a thing or two.

This one’s got me stymied.

listens2glenn on February 20, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Obowma didn’t run on his record…

… and the RINO political elite ruling class that picked Romney didn’t call him out on it, or all the damage he had done to the Country.

Now Obowma is going full throtle, and not a word from said RINOs…

… and now this post.

No doubt the silence of RINOs regarding the “Day of Resistance” will be deafening…

… No doubt.

(lurk mode back on)

(*clink*)

Seven Percent Solution on February 20, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Joe Scarface telling us today to embrace the New Jersey Stay-Puft, yeah let me hitch my wagon to that double wide bus.

Come summer of 2016 with the Fat Man as GOP nominee, ol’ Joe will be tripping over his own 7-toed feet explaining how Christie is going to kill us all and that we need to vote for the next leftist monkey, BennyGhazi Hill.

Bishop on February 20, 2013 at 10:57 PM

KCB on February 20, 2013 at 10:49 PM

CoffeeLover on February 20, 2013 at 10:53 PM

I blame the Chinese for haxoring the HA Database… “All you dataBases are belong to us”… ;p

SWalker on February 20, 2013 at 10:58 PM

They have it wrong about Rush. Republicans aren’t afraid of him, they are afraid of the millions of voters who agree with Rush’s views. If Rush didn’t exist those voters would still have the same views and the Republicans would still need to worry about them.

Rose on February 20, 2013 at 10:58 PM

Come on, KA2. You can do better than that. Just be who you are. ;-)

tommy71 on February 20, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Great job tonight Allah:

Linking both Beck and The Great One back to back.

Best 1:2 punch in the business.

LevinFan on February 20, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Hi SWalker.

KCB on February 20, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Good evening Ken… Seems I am genuinely truly famous now, I have made it into the “IUMA (Internet Underground Music Archive) Collection” I have my very own page and everything… ;p

SWalker on February 20, 2013 at 11:01 PM

*Clink*

Good evening all :-)

Scrumpy on February 20, 2013 at 11:02 PM

SWalker on February 20, 2013 at 10:58 PM

LOL, yes they’d really have a blast with all the country’s secrets we have!!!! ;)

CoffeeLover on February 20, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Ahhh, so this is where everyone is hiding today…
SWalker on February 20, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Not hiding, creating.

Much more productive than griping.

Today’s news was boring anyway.

cozmo on February 20, 2013 at 11:02 PM

So… the ‘answer’ then is for the GOP to become the moderate version of the Democratic party. I don’t think so.

If we wish to look at what a nation governed by the equivalent of progressives and ‘moderates’ would look like, we need look no further Great Britain. Their political class has come together to compromise… and have subsequently compromised their nation. The NHS, the immigration mess, a stagnate economy, shackled to the EU to the point that they can’t deport criminals, but are, instead, forced to house and support them…savings and pensions essentially yielding nothing due to massive ‘quantative easing’ and deflation of the pound. A nation crowded to the point of losing their green areas due to unchecked and rampant immigration, legal and illegal, and a ‘green energy’ program that has strangled energy production, shutting down coal fired plants with no alternatives in place, virtually insuring a dearth of energy, high prices and buying at almost any price from foreign interests.

Now that I think of it… seems like we’re already there. Rather than two parties with two starkly different platforms and ideologies, we are governed by one political class, all to eager to work together for their own career advancement. “I’ll scratch your back and vote for your bill, if you’ll scratch mine and vote for mine. We’ll talk the talk and make it appear that each one of us has a ‘victory’ to show our base. It’s a win win! IF they get wise, we’ll say we ‘evolved’ on the issue! ”

Perhaps conservatives are merely reacting to the failings of our political class.

thatsafactjack on February 20, 2013 at 11:03 PM

twerp, tomorrow is Monday? *wondering if I’ve been drunk and passed out for the whole week*

tommy71 on February 20, 2013 at 11:03 PM

SWalker on February 20, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Super cool dude!! :-)

Scrumpy on February 20, 2013 at 11:03 PM

i want a big red button

Fred

jrsrigmvr on February 20, 2013 at 11:04 PM

LevinFan on February 20, 2013 at 10:48 PM

The problems cut across all levels of the GOP, from precinct committeemen to presidential candidates, all the way up to the paid consultants and unelected party leaders. Meh. I have given up. I’m ready to move on. Bush’s presidency underscores how neither party is serious about cutting spending or the size of the government.

Bush used 9/11 to grow government and cut our freedoms while leaving our borders wide open so American citizens could get their lawns mowed for $20 but have to get groped to board planes. Disgusting.

Meanwhile, the progressives have undermined every institution in America. The Republicans think we are still playing a proper gentlemen’s game of politics. The whole country is going to hell (much like during the civil war only strike it, reverse it. The people appear to be begging to get put on the governments plantation.) Interesting times call for interesting ideas and I am more than willing to look into a new party. It just needs a good name.

Fallon on February 20, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Stephen Walker is a melodic rock guitar player heavily influenced by the classic rock guitar virtuosos and the melodic pop bands of the seventies and eighties. Ignoring the conventional rules of style over substance or dark angst ridden gothic lyrics for a lighter enjoyable melodic flavor that chooses to tease the intellect with hints of distant implied melodies and harmonies.

Bookmarked for rocking at my leisure!

KCB on February 20, 2013 at 11:05 PM

I have been finding the board acting wonky for a few days already.
CoffeeLover on February 20, 2013 at 10:53 PM

It’s been hinky for a couple weeks now…

Scrumpy on February 20, 2013 at 11:05 PM

SWalker on February 20, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Super cool dude!! :-)

Scrumpy on February 20, 2013 at 11:03 PM

I have officially been archived… I guess that makes me, well practically immortal… o_O

SWalker on February 20, 2013 at 11:05 PM

tommy71 on February 20, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Lubbock runs on its own time…usually late.

cozmo on February 20, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Must be squish/RINO-night.

Here’s the Punk/Thug in Chief.

Sequester - Punk Obama sh*ts on you, then tells you that “you stink”. Media reports “Teh GOP stinks”.

Schadenfreude on February 20, 2013 at 11:06 PM

APs cat will be tinkering with the HA buttons and layout shortly. The red submit button will come back on. ;-)

tommy71 on February 20, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Bookmarked for rocking at my leisure!

KCB on February 20, 2013 at 11:05 PM

I’m somebody now…

SWalker on February 20, 2013 at 11:07 PM

SWalker on February 20, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Congratulations, Walker! Very impressive. :)

However, I’m almost sure most of us have already been ‘archived’ in a nice file, carefully enshrined in Washington DC. LOL! Now you’ve been archived for music, too! :)

thatsafactjack on February 20, 2013 at 11:07 PM

For what it’s worth:

Lived on the Left until 9/11, when I began to become a self-educated conservative. Happily voted Bush in 2004, voted McCain with disdain, voted Mittens with huge reservations and am now done with the GOP.

They are the Whigs.

I don’t trust them and don’t have any idea what they stand for – except a fundraising entity – and I will not give dime one to the GOP again.

Bruno Strozek on February 20, 2013 at 11:07 PM

here’s an article that is worth reading…only because this conveys the mindset of not only the lib/left, but many in the Glitterati movement of the R party who basically say…it is OK, We’ll Be Fine, I’m grabbing myself another brew.

yeah, they are silly and, as Instapundit says, we have the worst political class in history. These people are fools, and they all get paid big bucks to write stuff…that’s their job. Their job is not serious analysis of our dire situation.

I’ve read recently somewhere that someone says this is Not the era of Obama…but the era of Bernanke. That is true. The bernank makes all things possible for the upper class and the political class.

the rest get phones and checks and the debt. Nothing pretty about it.

r keller on February 20, 2013 at 11:07 PM

SWalker on February 20, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Oh yes it does! and you are ‘somebody now’…

Always have been ;-)

Scrumpy on February 20, 2013 at 11:08 PM

thatsafactjack on February 20, 2013 at 11:03 PM

Smartest thing I have read today.

KCB on February 20, 2013 at 11:08 PM

i swore i put that in…sad, pro-debt NJ ‘economics’ writer

r keller on February 20, 2013 at 11:09 PM

Fallon on February 20, 2013 at 11:05 PM

The Violent Amish Galt Party or VAGP.

Sounds vaguely obscene with a hint of MagPul mixed in; just the sort of party to attract the people you would want.

Bishop on February 20, 2013 at 11:09 PM

KCB on February 20, 2013 at 10:49 PM

It always pops up on me. Like “are you sure, amp it up a little more.”

arnold ziffel on February 20, 2013 at 11:10 PM

SWalker on February 20, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Just makes you old.

RickB on February 20, 2013 at 11:10 PM

KCB on February 20, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Good evening, Ken! A delight to see you this evening. Glad you liked it. :)

thatsafactjack on February 20, 2013 at 11:10 PM

LevinFan on February 20, 2013 at 10:48 PM

I’ve been hearing that since, oh, 1972. Take over the party with conservatives. Unfortunately the party and the District of Corruption seems to co-opt all those sterling conservatives and pretty soon we have another sorry bunch of Midnight Cowboys who compromised their way to the top.

chemman on February 20, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Stephen Walker, the future Governor of California. *clink!*

tommy71 on February 20, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Why is Rush Limbaugh batting one for six in presidential races?

He is? Did he go with Kerry? Or Gore?

RINO in Name Only on February 20, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Kathleen Parker and Sarah Palin, four years later. Compare and contrast………hahahahahahahahahahahaha!
I bet she’s really p.o. now.

Cindy Munford on February 20, 2013 at 11:12 PM

SWalker on February 20, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Just makes you old.

RickB on February 20, 2013 at 11:10 PM

ROTFLMAO… Well, yea, that too… ;p

SWalker on February 20, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Funniest thing I’ve seen today.

We recently upgraded our website and moved some things around to better highlight our focus on job creation and economic growth. Unfortunately, that means some links — like jobs in the Obama economy — are missing. Please click below to get back on track.

John Boehners’ 404 error page text.

can_con on February 20, 2013 at 11:12 PM

Stephen Walker, the future Governor of California. *clink!*

tommy71 on February 20, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Hmmm, as a nice ring to it… ;p

SWalker on February 20, 2013 at 11:13 PM

thatsafactjack on February 20, 2013 at 11:03 PM

So true Jackie and so well articulated!!

Le Soupir…
And so the end begins…

Scrumpy on February 20, 2013 at 11:14 PM

can_con on February 20, 2013 at 11:12 PM

saw it on twitchy LOL

CoffeeLover on February 20, 2013 at 11:14 PM

thatsafactjack on February 20, 2013 at 11:10 PM

You know I think you are wonderful!

KCB on February 20, 2013 at 11:15 PM

The logic doesn’t follow, Kathleen. The RINO cannot existentially deal with the dominant threat to our society — the Left. To do so, to even try to do so, would cause internal turmoil beyond his capacities to function. Essentially, to do so he’d have to concede that conservatives were right and that he was after all a conservative. This prospect is more appalling to him than any concession to the Left. The RINO is a untenable political creature, a kind of visually appealing bird totally unequipped for flight or even survival: a candidate for extinction.

rrpjr on February 20, 2013 at 11:15 PM

I think it’s time for RINO’s to embrace the suck and follow their glorious No Label statist dream fantasy. Audios amigos!

FloatingRock on February 20, 2013 at 11:15 PM

SW, be warned. In my christian circles, they call me the unknowing prophet, cos my utterances, however crazy they may be, usually come to pass. ;-)

tommy71 on February 20, 2013 at 11:16 PM

saw it on twitchy LOL

CoffeeLover on February 20, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Hot Air/Twitchy/BreakingNews.com

All you really need to stay in the loop.

Well those and Canopfor!

can_con on February 20, 2013 at 11:17 PM

bricks

Fred

jrsrigmvr on February 20, 2013 at 11:17 PM

rrpjr on February 20, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Hmmm, RINO=DODO…

SWalker on February 20, 2013 at 11:17 PM

The Violent Amish Galt Party or VAGP.

Bishop on February 20, 2013 at 11:09 PM

I kinda like the name the Violent Amish Galts. The VAGs would look better on t-shirts than The VAGP. The Buddhist Army Resistance Front is another one for consideration. Hmmm, may have to tinker with that one.

Fallon on February 20, 2013 at 11:18 PM

SWalker on February 20, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Awesome, congratulations.

Cindy Munford on February 20, 2013 at 11:18 PM

tommy71 on February 20, 2013 at 11:16 PM

ROTFLMAO… after Jerry Brown, what could I possibly do to California that wouldn’t be a significant improvement… ;p

SWalker on February 20, 2013 at 11:19 PM

can_con on February 20, 2013 at 11:17 PM

Canopfor is awesome!

CoffeeLover on February 20, 2013 at 11:19 PM

Scrumpy on February 20, 2013 at 11:14 PM

Good evening, Spritely One! Thank you so much for the kind words. I’m sorry to say that leadership in Great Britain has been as poor as our own, and it grieves me, too.

thatsafactjack on February 20, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Conservatives are the RINOs now.
What Parker wants to rule the GOP and expunge the conservatives are DIABLOs.

Democrats In All But Label Only

LegendHasIt on February 20, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Cindy Munford on February 20, 2013 at 11:12 PM

See that’s one of the many things I love about you. I could never get away with saying that, though it is true. I would be accused of beating up on a woman by some baiting Beta Boy. Lol! Thank you! Say,….you aren’t wearing a wife beater shirt are you? ; )

Bmore on February 20, 2013 at 11:21 PM

RINOs: The Strong. The Proud. The Many.

Ha ha.

OK. How many RINO grassroots groups have you ever heard of?

INC on February 20, 2013 at 11:21 PM

Fallon on February 20, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Change the Violent Amish Galts to the Brave Amish Galts. Combine the groups and you have BARF BAG.

KCB on February 20, 2013 at 11:21 PM

KCB on February 20, 2013 at 11:15 PM

What a lovely tune, Ken. Thank you, I think you’re pretty wonderful, too. :) How did you know I like Adam Ant?

thatsafactjack on February 20, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Canopfor is awesome!

CoffeeLover on February 20, 2013 at 11:19 PM

I always picture him sitting in a bunker at a desk with 4 monitors and two assistants!

can_con on February 20, 2013 at 11:23 PM

All its going to take is one, real, conservative, super star.

That’s all its going to take and that’s what’s required.

And the nation will swing the complete other way.

Speakup on February 20, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Conservatives are the RINOs now.
What Parker wants to rule the GOP and expunge the conservatives are DIABLOs.

Democrats In All But Label Only

LegendHasIt on February 20, 2013 at 11:21 PM

The acronym is cooler….

KCB on February 20, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Why is Rush Limbaugh batting one for six in presidential races?

He is? Did he go with Kerry? Or Gore?

RINO in Name Only on February 20, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Could be Buchanan.

Archivarix on February 20, 2013 at 11:23 PM

KCB on February 20, 2013 at 11:21 PM

That is just so funny!! My brain isn’t thinking funny at all this evening… I am retire early…

Scrumpy on February 20, 2013 at 11:24 PM

Interesting…..’The gas that gives rotten eggs their distinctive foul smell may slow ageing and block damaging chemical reactions inside cells, according to scientists in China’. How about the Rotten Eggs Party (REP). Our slogan: We never die! :-)

tommy71 on February 20, 2013 at 11:24 PM

thatsafactjack on February 20, 2013 at 11:23 PM

You may be the most eclectic person I know ;-)

KCB on February 20, 2013 at 11:24 PM

INC on February 20, 2013 at 11:21 PM

LOL! INC, I swear when I first glanced at that post I thought it was going to say ‘How many RINO’S ….does it take to screw in a lightbulb?’

thatsafactjack on February 20, 2013 at 11:25 PM