Important PSA from Joe Biden: “Buy a shotgun. Buy a shotgun.”

posted at 7:21 pm on February 19, 2013 by Allahpundit

Via the Weekly Standard, I bet the Onion wishes it had waited an extra month to release that e-book. This would have warranted its own chapter.

Not the first time he’s touted the benefits of shotgun ownership lately either. As goofy as it is, I think this is actually kinda sorta effective at blunting the “gun-grabbing” critique liberals naturally face whenever they get itchy about “assault weapons.” Here’s the vice president of the United States encouraging you to go on out and get yourself a 12-gauge, just like the one he’s got. Why? Because it’s easier to aim and use than an AR-15, which … I’m pretty sure isn’t true, but whatever. Just buy a shotgun. Buy a shotgun. That way, if ever you snap and head off on a killing spree, the death toll will be limited. Unless you bring a bag of shells with you and reload quickly, I guess. In which case, who knows?

That’s the first clip. The second clip, also from today’s Q&A with Parents magazine, is of someone asking why we’d expect an assault-weapons ban to work any better than the ban on illegal drugs does. Biden’s reply: Do you mean we should legalize all drugs? Which, of course, is a non sequitur. Few people (at least outside hardcore libertarian precincts) support legalizing all drugs or all weapons. There’s a national push to legalize weed but not so much to legalize heroin and meth; most are content to leave those restricted on grounds that they’re too dangerous, just like most gun owners are content to leave machine guns and bazookas in the hands of the feds. The better questions are (1) why is Biden trying to expand prohibition even though the data doesn’t support the need for it? And (2) how does he decide when it’s worth limiting the rights of the law-abiding majority in order to make things marginally more difficult for criminals? If banning assault weapons is justifiable, why shouldn’t we ban booze that’s over, say, five percent ABV in order to reduce drunk-driving accidents? The White House refrain throughout this miserable process has been that it’s worth doing if it’ll save even one life. Well, I’ll bet a ban on liquor that’s higher than 10 proof would save at least one. How about it?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3

That way, if ever you snap and head off on a killing spree, the death toll will be limited. Unless you bring a bag of shells with you and reload quickly, buy a Bennelli, I guess.

Cleombrotus on February 19, 2013 at 9:04 PM

cozmo on February 19, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Most gun purses aren’t made for southpaws-not that I’m big into purses anyway-and I don’t have enough where it’s needed for a ‘flash bang’. Also,as an Aspie, I don’t like things ‘hanging’. A holster/holster belt are going to be my best options.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 19, 2013 at 9:05 PM

listens2glenn on February 19, 2013 at 8:46 PM

I didn’t check google, so I didn’t get any google results.

Christien on February 19, 2013 at 8:49 PM

OKAY ….. my apologies. I have gone back and read some other comments of yours.

But with your original comment, I COULDN’T TELL !
(mumbling) Darn Hotair commenters with their covert sarcasm . . . . .

listens2glenn on February 19, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Why stop at a shotgun? Every house needs a .9mm, a .22LR, and possibly a .45 if you’re so inclined as well.

I’d pick up an AR-15 if they actually had shelf stock at normal price points. Sadly, buying ammunition in .223 or 5.56 Nato is about as simple as getting Obummer to pivot on job creation.

Polish Rifle on February 19, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Cleombrotus on February 19, 2013 at 9:04 PM

No need for that many shells, slugs will go through a number of people like butter, way more damage than a rifle.

riddick on February 19, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Christien on February 19, 2013 at 8:58 PM

/sarc/ ?

Solaratov on February 19, 2013 at 9:14 PM

I’m thinking of getting a shotgun on the theory that just the sound of me pumping a shell into the chamber would discourage whoever might be prowling around the house and I might not have to shoot them — which I assume would be messy and a bit horrifying.

urban elitist on February 19, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Granny Clampett never killed anyone with her shotgun in many seasons of “The Beverly Hillbillies”…even when she tried shooting General U.S. Grant.

Just curious, what makes you think the person on the other side of the door will even be able to hear your pumping?

Del Dolemonte on February 19, 2013 at 9:15 PM

So, let’s see:

Remington 870 with extended magazine = 6 shells.
Each shell has 12 pellets .30 caliber, 60 grains per pellet, 72 pellets total. Add a side-saddle carrier and I’ve got 3 more shells (36x.30 caliber pellets, 108 total) plus 3 12-gauge slugs.

Compare that to an AR-15 with a 30-round magazine, 30x.223 caliber bullet, 55 grains each.

So why are we banning the AR-15 again?

And why should we believe you won’t come after our shotgun next?

Socratease on February 19, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Christien on February 19, 2013 at 8:58 PM
/sarc/ ?

Solaratov on February 19, 2013 at 9:14 PM

This one has been sarcing for a couple of days now. Very covert, I love it!

VegasRick on February 19, 2013 at 9:17 PM

He’s not pivoting, he’s pirouetting.

Socratease on February 19, 2013 at 9:18 PM

The bullet would be fine, the cartridge is a problem.

S. D. on February 19, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Nope, even with hand loads the lighter bullet effect the gun. Though the lighter bullet makes for a great light show at night or an indoor range. I keep a few just for that.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 19, 2013 at 9:05 PM

In my previous life when I had to carry, only a regular holster (worn outside the clothing with its own gunbelt)worked for a wheelgun. Big pockets did work well though. But not as good as a shoulder holster, or concealed holster.

cozmo on February 19, 2013 at 9:18 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on February 19, 2013 at 9:05 PM

I recommend for your shooting pleasure a hide ride outside thumb-break or clamshell and a loose shirt. It won’t move unless you grab it, and it’s always in the same place.

S. D. on February 19, 2013 at 9:19 PM

VegasRick on February 19, 2013 at 9:17 PM

It was fun Bishoping, while it lasted. Thanks a lot, Rick.

Christien on February 19, 2013 at 9:25 PM

“Scariest sound in the dark of night–a shotgun racking.”–State cop to me. Which sent me down to Dick’s immediately.

vityas on February 19, 2013 at 9:26 PM

It was fun Bishoping, while it lasted. Thanks a lot, Rick.

Christien on February 19, 2013 at 9:25 PM

Ya dirty bird. I thought you asked a legitimate but kind of goofy question and were getting guff. You’re on the radar now big fella.

arnold ziffel on February 19, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Christien on February 19, 2013 at 8:58 PM

/sarc/ ?

Solaratov on February 19, 2013 at 9:14 PM

This one has been sarcing for a couple of days now. Very covert, I love it!

VegasRick on February 19, 2013 at 9:17 PM

(mumbling) Darn Hotair commenters who LOVE the covert sarcasm of other hotair commenters, it just makes me so mad . . . . . . .

listens2glenn on February 19, 2013 at 9:30 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on February 19, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Given the way that women are built, an inside the waistband holster may, indeed be your best bet…especially if you need to economize.
A good outside the belt holster that is properly made for a woman needs to be very high-ride or have a “spacer” to allow for ‘hip swell’. And the good ones that work will usually cost more than $40.
You might try here. https://www.dragonleatherworks.com/ Brigid at Home on the Range likes hers a lot.
And, when you use an IWB holster, it’s wise to allow an extra inch or two in the waistband of your pants. :)

Solaratov on February 19, 2013 at 9:30 PM

arnold ziffel on February 19, 2013 at 9:27 PM

Gotta keep ‘em on their toes somehow.

Christien on February 19, 2013 at 9:32 PM

I support everyone having a shotgun.

Heck get two! That’s what I did… two per person seems just about right. Save that the Saiga in 12ga looks real nice…

ajacksonian on February 19, 2013 at 9:34 PM

I love the stupid advice the VP gives his wife. I am sure his Secret Service detail would love for Jill to start blasting that double barrel shotgun all Wiley Coyote style. Stupid VP!

The_Brewer on February 19, 2013 at 9:34 PM

VegasRick on February 19, 2013 at 9:17 PM

It was fun Bishoping, while it lasted. Thanks a lot, Rick.

Christien on February 19, 2013 at 9:25 PM

YAY ‘RICK !

Cozmo‘s pretty good at that, as well.
(mumbling) Darn cosmo fooling me with covert sarcasm, it just (verbal expletive)s me off . . . . . . .

listens2glenn on February 19, 2013 at 9:35 PM

If Jilly holds it sideways, does that make it an over-and-under?

Christien on February 19, 2013 at 9:36 PM

Solaratov on February 19, 2013 at 9:30 PM

I wear an ‘in-the-waist’ wallet(bought it during my half-marathon days) so that might be the way to go. I’ll just start wearing my wallet on the right to get used to it being there.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 19, 2013 at 9:38 PM

If Jilly holds it sideways, does that make it an over-and-under?

Christien on February 19, 2013 at 9:36 PM

(hmmm . . . . . . . I wonder if that’s covert sarcasm, or not )
Answer, pending . . . . . .

listens2glenn on February 19, 2013 at 9:39 PM

PSA? Palmetto State Armory, one of my favorite places!

claudius on February 19, 2013 at 9:39 PM

listens2glenn on February 19, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Of course it’s sarcasm or not.

Christien on February 19, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Solaratov on February 19, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Those are lovely-and geared to semi-autos.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 19, 2013 at 9:50 PM

listens2glenn on February 19, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Of course it’s sarcasm or not.

Christien on February 19, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Thanks for clearing that up … : )
(mumbling) Darn Hotair commenters who keep “beating me at my own game” make me SOOO angry . . . . . . .

listens2glenn on February 19, 2013 at 9:51 PM

government is like salt. A little is all you need. Too much and it will kill you.

ProfShadow on February 19, 2013 at 7:30 PM

I am attributing this and spreading it far and wide.

rah1420 on February 19, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Wow…I”m late to this thread, but can I just say what a slimy, arrogant jerk Biden is!? Laughing at the first woman, and straw-man arguing at the second woman…unreal insulting behavior. Reminds me of the clip from years ago where he’s telling people how smart he is with his IQ and all that.

How can this man get one vote while Paul Ryan is vilified?

Jackalope on February 19, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Jackalope on February 19, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Only explanation I have is that we stepped into the Twilight Zone. In about 2006.

AZfederalist on February 19, 2013 at 10:17 PM

I like when he says he would just tell Jill to go out on the porch an let loose a couple of blasts from the old double-barrel… Which would leave Jill standing there with an empty double-barrel and no way to defend herself.

What an idiot!

Haiku Guy on February 19, 2013 at 10:31 PM

I’m waiting for more evidence of the Zombieocalypse before I get one.

nobar on February 19, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Would it be appropriate to label heroin and crack as “assault drugs”?

connertown on February 19, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Buy a shotgun…fill it with a big old pair of slugs….and not only shoot the intruder…but the guy in the apartment next door after it goes through the wall.

But if there is a second intruder. Yer screwed.

Good one, Joe.

GeeWhiz on February 19, 2013 at 10:54 PM

“Guns have no borders.”

- Boston Mayor Tom Menino

Who wants to bet that he is against border security?

LibLogic©, without it, life would make so much more sense!

Resist We Much on February 19, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Stuff your ‘good’ gun dialectic right up your ass sideways, Slow Joe, you contemptible transnational socialist piece of shit.

rayra on February 19, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Joe Biden, I don’t own my guns to go hunting. [Although, you and Barky's policies may make it necessary for me to provide for my family.] I also don’t keep them for home defense. [Although, I suspect they will be put to good use if they are needed.]

I have been purchasing guns with the thought I might have to defend myself from a tyrannical government. Am I the only one with this mindset? This is what the 2nd Amendment is to me.

We shouldn’t be arguing over limiting gun ownership, we should be talking about encouraging ownership for as many able, law abiding citizens as possible.

freedomfirst on February 19, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Biden to interviewer: “Oh, I’m sorry, I thought you were a man.”
Interviewer: (with stern look) “I am a man”

ChrisL7412 on February 19, 2013 at 11:19 PM

But if there is a second intruder. Yer screwed.

Good one, Joe.

GeeWhiz on February 19, 2013 at 10:54 PM

If you’re a conservative, hey ragging on Joe, even sarcastically, is fun.

If you’re a liberal, you need a statistics course, ’cause you just doubled your odds of survival.

But then, being a liberal, you’d forget that you could reload.

WryTrvllr on February 19, 2013 at 11:27 PM

I woild like warn those who might consider following crazy Joe’s advice that firing a warning shot is a felony in most states. You can only use deadly force if you believe your life is imminent dager. By warning shot you are admitting it wasn’t. At a minimum you can be charged with a negligent discharge but you also can be charged armed assault or attempted murder. My recommendation is that if choose to employ deadly force shoot for center mass. If there is reason to beleve that your life was danger you will walk. If you are involved a DGU STFU until you have counsel. Even if the cops buy your story anything you say can get you sued.

Although I own a shotgun, a Remington 11-87 autoloader, it is not my prefered self defense weapon. Too much risk of collateral damage to my dogs if I use shot and launching a high velocity slug runs the risk of lighting up one of neighbors down the street. My weapon of choice is a 230 grain 45 ACP hollow point fired from a M1911. It will blow through my brick and plaster walls but will not have velicoty as it exits to kill anybody.

jerryofva on February 19, 2013 at 11:36 PM

urban elitist on February 19, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Well Urban, I am going to go a bit crazy here and take you at face value.

Get a 21″ barrel pump 870 or a nova, or even a mossberg. put one (because, unlike obozo’s shotgun, yours won’t take two) improved cylinder choketube in it. get magazine extension tube (50 bucks thru cabelas). that should give you eight shots. put 4 rounds of #2 heavyshot into the mag first (you’re an elite, you can afford it) then 2 round of lead No 4′s, then 2 rounds of no.6′s. The first 2 shots will show you mean business and lose most of their energy in your drywall. The 2nd 2 shots will put down the diehards and drugged out nutjobs, and if you make it to the last 4, well, you’ll need all the help you can get anyway.

WryTrvllr on February 19, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Oh, and test fire it.

12 guages aren’t for sissies like obozo.

WryTrvllr on February 19, 2013 at 11:48 PM

On a slight outtake:

Anyone have a clue why 22lr is nearly impossible to find.

I can see 9 or 45 or 223. (even though they’re getting as expensive as 30-06)

but 22? WTF?

WryTrvllr on February 20, 2013 at 1:01 AM

This nation is arming up like I have never seen before. Someone is going to push too far.

Bulletchaser on February 19, 2013 at 8:42 PM

We know … but we’re all still praying “too far” doesn’t happen.

listens2glenn on February 19, 2013 at 8:45 PM

tick…tick.. tick…

soon you will be confronted with the uncomfortable choice…surrender on your knees or fight on your feet….

HatfieldMcCoy on February 20, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Bulletchaser on February 19, 2013 at 8:42 PM

We know … but we’re all still praying “too far” doesn’t happen.

listens2glenn on February 19, 2013 at 8:45 PM

tick…tick.. tick…

HatfieldMcCoy on February 20, 2013 at 1:06 AM

I’m as ready for the “worst case situation” as I can be, but still praying that it doesn’t come to that.

listens2glenn on February 20, 2013 at 1:12 AM

but 22? WTF?

WryTrvllr on February 20, 2013 at 1:01 AM

WTF indeed. I was caught a little off guard, stupid me. I like to keep about 1000 rounds stockpile of 22lr, but now I’ve got nothing to shoot without digging into that. Well, except for 45 etc, which I can’t get either. Should’ve been selfish and hoarded the stuff.

So I bought a can with 175 00 buck today just on general principle. I usually don’t keep any shotgun ammo around, just 5 or 10 shells. But When a politician laughs and says “we’re never going to do XYZ” you can bet that XYZ is exactly what they’re planning on doing next. Hopefully it’ll just all blow over.

Fenris on February 20, 2013 at 1:48 AM

With the governmnt on sabatical, I’ve been spending my spare time engraving the names of Marxist targets inside the cavities of my “not government purchased” 200 grain hollow point boat tails.
These rounds are made specifically for reaching out and touching a target at very long distances.
I’m actually looking forward to denying the DC Quagmire its daily ration of food and toilet paper.
The tactics necessary to change the minds of worthless Pols are so simple, we almost overlooked them.
A half dozen warehouses and a half dozen major roads, clogged with inoperable tractor trailers….the District becomes an ant farm under attack by anteaters, as do all major cities.
We Oathkeepers take our position seriousy…I believe moreso than the “blow with the wind Pols” that believe they have more power than my God when it comes to the defense of my Constitution.
May God grant mercy to those that took their oath to Preserve, Protect, and Defend the Constitution under false pretencs.
Si vis pacem, para bellum
II/0317

dirtengineer on February 20, 2013 at 1:58 AM

Del Dolemonte on February 19, 2013 at 9:15 PM

They won’t hear ever again after I detonate the “PDD”, that’s porch destruction device to you amateurs. All set up to go by cell phone….learned that in the Sandbox.
The recipe can be found in your favorite library cookbook.

If they are hell bent on coming, let them have it…..and watch from a distance sufficient to avoid retaliation.

Remember, there are no tracks left in the sand after the wind blows. Leave no tracks.

dirtengineer on February 20, 2013 at 2:18 AM

urban elitist on February 19, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Theory is fun to talk about, but all you’d be doing is giving away your position.

Stop worrying about “whoever” being shot. Worry about your family. And if you actually want to protect them then go and learn how to handle that shotgun, and be fully prepared to use it. Then teach your family how to handle it, and then plan worst-cases and where they should be (drop to the floor, crawling to the closet/exit/phone, etc.) when they hear shooting. That element is just as important as anything else you do.

If you’re not ready for that then call 911 and watch the clock. They’ll show up eventually.

With guns. Funny, that.

But if it’s music you’re after you should just buy a guitar.

rogerb on February 20, 2013 at 6:16 AM

Del Dolemonte on February 19, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Try the experiment, Del.

I think you’ll be VERY surprised at the result.

Tenwheeler on February 20, 2013 at 7:08 AM

Has the USA ever had an elected official as stupid as Joe Biden?

jake-the-goose on February 19, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Good question. I would say Nazi Peloski would give him a run for his money in the idiot department.

RandallinHerndon on February 20, 2013 at 7:14 AM

I don’t own any shotguns, but if I did, the price point on this one would suit my frugal tastes.

Bmore on February 19, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Believe me, a Mossberg is a very wise choice. I have the one at the top of this page. She’s a beauty, and chambering a round is the sweetest sound she makes. Gives me goose bumps!!!

RandallinHerndon on February 20, 2013 at 7:24 AM

Anyone have a clue why 22lr is nearly impossible to find.

WryTrvllr on February 20, 2013 at 1:01 AM

It’s too expensive to plink or practice with bigger caliber rounds.

justltl on February 20, 2013 at 7:31 AM

Biden’s head is huge from the eyes up.
That’s like owning a 3-car garage but no vehicle.

justltl on February 20, 2013 at 7:55 AM

Del Dolemonte on February 19, 2013 at 9:15 PM

That’s because Jed insisted Granny load it with rocksalt and baconrod. She was deadly accurate though even with that. Shot General Grant right off his horse. The only thing that saved him was that is liver was so pickled from alcohol that it saved him when he landed on his southern end. :)

itsspideyman on February 20, 2013 at 8:00 AM

Whether its deer in the cornfield or armed intruders, Joe Biden offers same advice.

MPan on February 20, 2013 at 8:08 AM

I certainly agree with you that shooting any live mammalian creature INSIDE your house will be somewhat “messy”.
Even if it’s a mouse, shot with .22 Long Rifle “snake-shot”.

Killing another human being will be “a bit horrifying” no matter where it takes place. The ONLY reason for doing so is to save yourself, or another person from imminent danger.

But since you were talking specifically “around the house”, you could get a burglar alarm that when tripped would play the sound of a pump-action shotgun jacking a shell into the chamber. Make sure small, hidden speakers are strategically located around and throughout your home. VOILA ! … No gun needed. Well … to your way of thinking, perhaps.

Personally, I’d keep a real shotgun, in addition to the aforementioned burglar alarm. Also a couple of handguns, and an AR-15 with “high-capacity” magazines.

But suit yourself.

listens2glenn on February 19, 2013 at 8:35 P

I do have a burglar alarm now. Based on an unfortunate experience I’d suggest that keeping a modest arsenal around the is not particularly more useful than a single, quickly accessible weapon. You’re not likely to get a chance to look through the gun locker (or closet) to select the weapon of choice. Since the night in question, the adrenaline has receded and with it, the urge to acquire a pump-action 12 gauge. On the other hand, a friend says he has the perfect gun…all I have to do is saw the barrel down to about 18 inches.

Why the change of heart, UE?

Could have sworn months ago you were telling us two things:

1. No one would ever, ever break into your home, because that only happens in movies.

2. If anybody did, you’d use your manly muscles to fight them off with some combination of Krav Maga, a baseball bat and laser-beam eyes.

Good Solid B-Plus on February 19, 2013 at 7:59 PM

I’d be curious to see a quote from me that implied either of those statements. Over the years, there have been enough people shot uncomfortably close to my house that I have made it a rule to respond rapidly and politely should anyone point a gun at me.

urban elitist on February 20, 2013 at 8:28 AM

about 18 inches.

Do it. Saw it to 18 inches.

tom daschle concerned on February 20, 2013 at 8:33 AM

about 18 inches.

Do it. Saw it to 18 inches.

tom daschle concerned on February 20, 2013 at 8:33 AM

Go ahead, educate me. What disaster will befall me – besides potential police inquiry should they ever come across the weapon?

Are you saying all those movies and cop shows lied to me?

urban elitist on February 20, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Do it. Saw it to 18 inches.

Are you saying all those movies and cop shows lied to me?

Liberalism is a fking mental disorder.

WTH is wrong with you? Don’t answer.

Please

tom daschle concerned on February 20, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Liberalism is a fking mental disorder.

WTH is wrong with you? Don’t answer.

Please

tom daschle concerned on February 20, 2013 at 9:01 AM

Being a conservative means never having to say you get the joke.

Hint — when yuppies like me start talking about sawing off shotguns (and then reference TV crime drama’s as their how-to manuals)their tongue is likely in their cheek?

When you coming by DC? Pickings are getting pretty slime at the farmers markets but we can still rustle up some goat meat and kale. Have ourselves a feast!

urban elitist on February 20, 2013 at 9:05 AM

Are you saying all those movies and cop shows lied to me?

urban elitist on February 20, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Just discussing illegally altering a weapon is a felony per the ATF. Have a nice time in jail.

fossten on February 20, 2013 at 9:25 AM

You mean a shotgun like the one the crazed mass murderer in California just finished using in a rampage? The one we won’t talk much about because he was a crazed ARABIC kid?

michaelo on February 20, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Why isn’t there some sort of autotune remix for this yet?

Reaps on February 20, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Nothing we’re going to do is going to fundamentally alter or eliminate the possibility of another mass shooting or guarantee that we will bring gun deaths down to a thousand a year from what we’re at now,” Biden told reporters after meeting with Senate Democrats in the Capitol.

These new gun laws are for what purpose ?

J_Crater on February 20, 2013 at 9:50 AM

Politicians are solely self-serving miscreants. They are focusing all gun-control efforts only on those weapons that might allow a shooter to get through a 5-man security team and harm them. Period.

ROCnPhilly on February 20, 2013 at 9:59 AM

I think Biden’s gaff is emblematic of the liberal view of government: That somebody in Washington that knows little of guns and even less about any individual’s security situation believes himself qualified to decide what that individual can and can’t do to protect herself from the dangers she faces in her environment. While they often speak of “individual rights”, their actions show that liberals see individuals as just elements of some amorphous blob of humanity that one simple law, ruthlessly enforced, can be applied to to cover all possible situations.

Socratease on February 20, 2013 at 10:03 AM

That’s the first clip magazine. The second clip magazine, also from today’s Q&A with Parents magazine clip, is of someone asking why we’d expect an assault-weapons ban to work any better than the ban on illegal drugs does.

Just havin’ a little fun to confuse the trolls even more.

Nutstuyu on February 20, 2013 at 10:24 AM

Joe Biden……. sigh. This moron wouldn’t know how to piss if it weren’t an automatic body function.

ActinUpinTexas on February 20, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Polish Rifle on February 19, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Which is why you need off calibers as well as mainstream.

.243, .30-30, .30-06, .45LC, .22WMR, are all available without hiccup.

roy_batty on February 20, 2013 at 10:28 AM

Sheriff Joe should have noted that ladies like Jill should stick with a 12ga, because a 20ga is heavier and bucks harder. They’re harder to find, but a 10ga is ideal.

Christien on February 19, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Humph. Teh Won uses a 1ga to kill them skeeters.

Nutstuyu on February 20, 2013 at 10:29 AM

ActinUpinTexas on February 20, 2013 at 10:27 AM

Wait…that’s supposed to be automatic?

Nutstuyu on February 20, 2013 at 10:32 AM

Wouldn’t Jill risk accidentally hitting one ore more of the heavily-armed Secret Service agents stationed outside her home?

BKeyser on February 20, 2013 at 10:33 AM

or “or”

BKeyser on February 20, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Just keep shedding tears onto your high capacity magazines, conservatives. The 50 million of you who stayed home on election day because Romney wasn’t conservative enough for you have nobody to blame but yourselves.

tdarrington on February 20, 2013 at 10:34 AM

urban elitist on February 20, 2013 at 9:05 AM

coprophagia ain’t my thang reprobate.

tom daschle concerned on February 20, 2013 at 10:45 AM

Crossbows with a lazer sights.

APACHEWHOKNOWS on February 20, 2013 at 10:49 AM

My suggestion would be to start carrying plastic straws with poison tipped darts. Easy to carry so it has the ease of transportability factor. Tips can be made out of ordinary sewing needles from your sewing kits ladies, and….. this method could gain momentum in that everyone knows men like blow jobs.

I hate this BS…. when is this going to stop! Either we still have people in this country that are willing to stand up to this freedom sucking vampire of a government or just shut up! Real men would have stormed the white house castle by now. SHEEPLE go BAAAAH!

ActinUpinTexas on February 20, 2013 at 10:50 AM

urban elitist on February 20, 2013 at 8:28 AM

Just go buy a Mossberg 500 Tactical with an 18″ barrel – no illegal tampering required. Mine also has a pistol grip and adjustable stock so it’s highly adjustable to your size and the environment you’re in.

dentarthurdent on February 20, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Hitler reacts to Brownell’s magazine backorder issues. A little levity.

totherightofthem on February 20, 2013 at 11:03 AM

dentarthurdent on February 20, 2013 at 11:00 AM

So it’s not just a boomstick; it’s a WTFOMGSCARY boomstick!

CurtZHP on February 20, 2013 at 11:07 AM

So it’s not just a boomstick; it’s a WTFOMGSCARY boomstick!

CurtZHP on February 20, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Yes – it does go boom. And because of the scary black color, pistol grip and adjustable stock, the Dimtards will probably try to make it illegal. But then I have a couple others on their list as well – and the Dimtards in the Colorado legislature are trying to make the standard magazines for 3 of my guns illegal.

dentarthurdent on February 20, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Will do Joe,will do! And I can’t believe that the socialist pig Obama hasn’t locked you up in the White House basement.What fools,both of you.LMAO!

redware on February 20, 2013 at 11:16 AM

What kind of idiot tells people that all they need to do is fire a couple warning shots from their porch to ward off rapists? No one, I repeat, NO ONE should listen to a single thing this functionally retarded jackhole says.

RobertE on February 20, 2013 at 11:17 AM

More advice from bozo. The hits just keep on coming.

jake49 on February 20, 2013 at 11:18 AM

I have to disagree with this point. First of all, people can buy machine guns, you just need to get a Class 3 FFL and pay an extra fee to the feds. But I really don’t understand why machine guns need to be “outlawed”. They are far less accurate and go through a lot more ammo much quicker – but with less accuracy. And despite what you see Schwarzenegger and Stallone do in movies, real people don’t/can’t hold an M-60 in each hand and fire off a thousand rounds. They’re fun to shoot out on a range, but in the real world there’s a reason soldiers call it “spray and pray”.

dentarthurdent on February 20, 2013 at 11:26 AM

RobertE on February 20, 2013 at 11:17 AM

That must be a rhetorical question to wonder what kind of idiot Biden is…..

dentarthurdent on February 20, 2013 at 11:27 AM

I listened to the first clip and thought, who is the old lady interviewing Biden…then I watched and am still unclear…

PatriotPete on February 20, 2013 at 11:54 AM

In 1986, concerning CCW/CHL laws, there were: 1 UNRESTRICTED, 8 SHALL issue, 26 MAY issue, and 15 NO issue states.

The homicide rate was 8.6 per 100,000 inhabitants and there were an estimated 620.1 violent crimes per 100,000 inhabitants in 2011.

In 2011, concerning CCW/CHL laws, there were: 4 UNRESTRICTED, 37 SHALL Issue, 8 MAY Issue, and 1 NO Issue states.

The homicide rate was 4.7 per 100,000 inhabitants and there were an estimated 386.3 violent crimes per 100,000 inhabitants in 2011.

Who would rather live in 1986 when most people couldn’t carry firearms?

Resist We Much on February 20, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Actually I fully agree with Slow Joe that people should go buy shotguns. They are very good for certain things and in certain situations. Everyone should have at least one in their arsenal – along with an AR of some sort, a long range scoped rifle, and at least one handgun – multiple different caliber/shell types so you should be able to find ammo for at least one of them.
The perfect mix, IMHO.

dentarthurdent on February 20, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Resist We Much on February 20, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Is this a typo?

dentarthurdent on February 20, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Who would rather live in 1986 when most law-abiding citizens people couldn’t carry firearms?

Resist We Much on February 20, 2013 at 11:58 AM

FIFY

dentarthurdent on February 20, 2013 at 12:06 PM

I’m watching this and it’s like a bad dream. Some kind of surreal nightmare. This is our VP.

Besides the stupidity, don’t you love how he mocks, ridicules and attempts a little intimidation of the people who dare ask him questions? “Who is that? What’s her name?”

If it were not for the media protecting the libs, they would be a laughing stock. The media in this country make me sick.

Yeah, he’d like us all to believe his wife, the wife of the Vice President of the United States, lives alone in a house out in the woods.. all by herself with no protection other than her double barreled shotgun. And he tells her that if she ever feels threatened, go outside and empty both barrels of your shotgun, honey, into the air or something.

And we lost to this. People voted for this.

Oh.. and I just love “Nobody wants to take your guns. We just want background checks.”
All they need to take those guns is the “Obama Gun Background Check.”

The application for the gun will be 29 pages and take 10 years to run. You will be fingerprinted, photographed and interviewed 16 times and then maybe, just maybe you’ll get your double barreled shotgun. Then.. if you want ammo.. well.. that’s another background check. Bend over.

What the heck does “Universal Background checks” even mean? We have background checks now?

JellyToast on February 20, 2013 at 12:13 PM

– Allah

Sure…you ‘guess’.
But good enough that you get this now.

verbaluce on February 20, 2013 at 12:21 PM

JellyToast on February 20, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Universal background checks mean that if I want to give my son one of my guns I have to run a background check on him. If I want to buy my wife a nice derringer to go with the garter holster I bought her for Christmas, background check.

CurtZHP on February 20, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Actually Allah – we do know. Most of the kids killed at Columbine (in the middle of AWB Version 1) were killed with shotguns.

dentarthurdent on February 20, 2013 at 12:26 PM