Rove: The GOP needs more Rand Pauls and fewer Christine O’Donnells

posted at 1:31 pm on February 18, 2013 by Erika Johnsen

Karl Rove has been taking a lot of heat over the past few weeks for his new I-swear-this-isn’t-about-smothering-the-Tea-Party PAC-extension, whose mission is to help nominate what they deem to be the most ‘electable’ candidates ahead of the 2014 midterms. Rove again appeared on Fox News on Sunday to defend his new operation’s agenda and try to quell the circulating fears about his suspiciously establishment-shaped ambitions:

Let’s be clear, we did spend $30 million on behalf of Tea Party candidates. … We were the largest outside group supporting Rand Paul. … No, some people associated with the Tea Party — look, Todd Akin was not a Tea Party candidate. … Our object is to avoid having stupid candidates who can’t win general elections, who are undisciplined, can’t raise money, aren’t putting together the support necessary to win the general election campaign — because this money is too difficult to raise to be spending it on the behalf of candidates who have little chance winning in the general election. … The more we examine the quality of these candidates from top to bottom, the more likely we end up with fewer Christine O’Donnells and more Rand Pauls.

In a nutshell, no, this isn’t about quashing the unruly Tea Party, it’s about the Conservative Victory Project playing self-styled Republican-party policeman by more thoroughly vetting potential candidates in the first place.

To which Bob Woodward rejoined, “My last book is going to be called, ‘Some People Never Go Away,’ and Karl’s going to get his own chapter. … So you’re going to set yourself up as a kind of polling hero… The whole theory of Republicanism is to let the local, state, or district decide.” Heh.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Every single GOP figure In Nevada endorsed Harry Reid.

Correction

Steveangell on February 18, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Well you can be Little lord Karl (H/T) Bmore) was working hard behind the scenes there and everywhere!!

bluefox on February 18, 2013 at 5:14 PM

Shut up, Karl!!!

tomshup on February 18, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Can we use ‘please’.

socalcon on February 18, 2013 at 5:16 PM

The Savior is a much more compelling figure and speaker that Palin is.

Illinidiva on February 18, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Who’s the Savior? Don’t tell me it’s Rubio. * facepalm *

Remind me of his accomplishments, please, because I have a hard time remembering them.

Oh, that’s right.

Our Obama. Our Savior.

BabyGrace on February 18, 2013 at 5:16 PM

The Savior is a much more compelling figure and speaker that Palin is.

Illinidiva on February 18, 2013 at 5:00 PM

I find his lisp to be distracting.

steebo77 on February 18, 2013 at 5:18 PM

D-fusit on February 18, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Agree with item #2. Disagree with item#1 since Rove has and is trying to do more “to” us than for us. I agree with the part to go away, but he won’t. We’ll have to make him.

bluefox on February 18, 2013 at 5:19 PM

The Savior is a much more compelling figure and speaker that Palin is.

Illinidiva on February 18, 2013 at 5:00 PM

If you mean Obama, I see he draws a lot of flies..:)

idesign on February 18, 2013 at 5:20 PM

Illinidiva on February 18, 2013 at 5:00 PM

If you mean Obama, I see he draws a lot of flies..:)

idesign on February 18, 2013 at 5:20 PM

LOL

bluefox on February 18, 2013 at 5:25 PM

Seems to me the same five people show up on every Rove thread on HA complaining to no end. Maybe it’s time to quit complaining and do something like VOTE, or at least get better candidates to run. If you spent as much time supporting candidates and getting to polls as you do complaining we wouldn’t be having this conversation.

I’m sorry to offend some of you, but I’m more upset at you if you didn’t vote to defeat Obama, than I am at Obama himself.

Tater Salad on February 18, 2013 at 5:31 PM

Tater Salad on February 18, 2013 at 5:31 PM

And are you upset that Romney didn’t campaign to defeat Obama?

sharrukin on February 18, 2013 at 5:33 PM

And are you upset that Romney didn’t campaign to defeat Obama?

sharrukin on February 18, 2013 at 5:33 PM

Can I assume you didn’t vote for him? It may not have been the best campaign; heck he didn’t need to campaign to get my vote when he was running against Obama.

Tater Salad on February 18, 2013 at 5:38 PM

Tater Salad on February 18, 2013 at 5:31 PM

1. How do you know who voted or didn’t vote?

2. Your statement says everything about the non-campaign of Mitt Romney.

3. This isn’t how politics works. You cannot base a winning presidential campaign on a vote AGAINST. You simply can’t.

4. Your anger is better directed at a party hierarchy which seems dedicated to extirpating its grassroots and the passion that goes along with it — the passion that WINS elections by voting FOR someobody.

rrpjr on February 18, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Jeeze, steebs and sharrukin kickin” RINO a$$ all over this thread.

It’s funny how guys like Rove and other defenders of the establishment always bring up O’Donnell like liberals bring up Timothy McVeigh when conservatives explain how most terrorists are Muslim.

Dongemaharu on February 18, 2013 at 5:57 PM

The Savior is a much more compelling figure and speaker that Palin is.

Illinidiva on February 18, 2013 at 5:00 PM

If you mean Obama, I see he draws a lot of flies..:)

idesign on February 18, 2013 at 5:20 PM

More of a ‘reader’ than a speaker.

slickwillie2001 on February 18, 2013 at 6:05 PM

It’s a dirty job but somebody has to do it. Thank you Karl!

MJBrutus on February 18, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Tater Salad on February 18, 2013 at 5:31 PM

These “same five people” ARE the grassroots who are constantly on the lookout for good candidates, support them in the primaries with time and money, and do actually show up and vote against socialism (even if a double shot of something strong is necessary beforehand – e.g. Romney).

But you’re just so much better than them, aren’t you?

steebo77 on February 18, 2013 at 6:08 PM

Tater Salad on February 18, 2013 at 5:31 PM

P.S. We wouldn’t be having this conversation at all if Rove and his ilk hadn’t been driving the Party into the ground since circa 2002.

steebo77 on February 18, 2013 at 6:11 PM

steebo77 on February 18, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Rove & the Bush family used the Republican Coalition to the point of exhaustion, thus fracturing it to the groups that are fighting now.

The Rove/Bush wing of the GOP need to pack it up and Get lost.

portlandon on February 18, 2013 at 6:16 PM

steebo77 on February 18, 2013 at 6:11 PM

steebo, I hope you made the effort to go to the polls in November and vote for Romney no matter what? I’ll take Rove meddling in the GOP any day over Obama being our President.

Tater Salad on February 18, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Sorry Rove, but Rand Paul did not run in Delaware. Mike Castle was. So your argument is really the the GOP needs more Mike Castles and less O’Donnell’s. Sorry, that ship sank a long time ago.

MrX on February 18, 2013 at 6:26 PM

1. How do you know who voted or didn’t vote?

2. Your statement says everything about the non-campaign of Mitt Romney.

rrpjr on February 18, 2013 at 5:46 PM

All I know is 4 million GOP voters from ’08 didn’t show up in ’12, therefore we have to endure 4 more years of Obama. Despite who was running, and whether you thought it was a good or bad campaign, I have no use for any portion of those 4 million. If they make up any of the those lecturing about what needs to be done, they need to lecture elsewhere.

PS. I’ve never defended Romney’s election approach other than to say we had primaries and I agreed to support the winner of those primaries.

Tater Salad on February 18, 2013 at 6:31 PM

The GOP needs less Bush mafia and NO Tokyo Rove!

Jayrae on February 18, 2013 at 6:32 PM

FOAD Karl

james23 on February 18, 2013 at 6:33 PM

Tater Salad on February 18, 2013 at 6:31 PM

And when the number grows to 20 million or 30 million who walk away?

Will they still be filthy traitors or will you be capable of facing up to the fact that the Republican party is the problem?

sharrukin on February 18, 2013 at 6:35 PM

Time to leave Palin out of this: she has no place here as she is just a celebrity and nothing more.

I for one am pleased I don’t have to listen to her annoying sing-song howdy-doodie cadence on FOX any longer.

I only wish Rove had taken his jowls and crapboard out the door with her.

Sherman1864 on February 18, 2013 at 6:37 PM

And when the number grows to 20 million or 30 million who walk away?

sharrukin on February 18, 2013 at 6:35 PM

So genius,….. who do you, and steebo, and rrpjr, and the rest think should have been the nominee? If that person were such a great candidate why didn’t they win the primaries, do well in the debates, and catch the imagination of the public at-large.

It’s easy to Monday morning quarterback and complain, but harder to suggest a solution.

Tater Salad on February 18, 2013 at 6:42 PM

I think Rove is just bitter because he did his best to win with Castle and still lost to O’Donnell. That is why Rove likes to bring up O’Donnell as proof of bad Tea Party candidates. There is no guarantee that he would have won with Castle, but that doesn’t matter.

The Rove/Rino faction of the Republican party will not support the primary winner if they’re a conservative – exhibits A and B are Lugar and Murkowski. They won’t defend a conservative when she is being blamed for a mass shooting in AZ. I’ve always liked Barbara Bush and then she had to distance herself from Palin by dissing her in the media. This faction won’t defend conservative values, look at how they support amnesty and bi-partisan gun control laws. This faction likes to make the grand bargain, even if the bargain doesn’t fix anything and may even be bad for the country.

I’m afraid Rove and his ilk will destroy the grassroots just in time for the 2014 elections, causing the Dems to take back the House. When/if the Dems control the House, Senate and Presidency he will then put the blame on the base.

Ibanez Lotus on February 18, 2013 at 6:43 PM

Karl Rove is a PROSTITUTE for Political Power.

That’s it period, end of story. HE is what is wrong with the gutless, gentle Democrat party that the republicans have become.

The payback for having 8 years of Ronald Reagan?

….Having to endure 24 years and counting of the BUSH DYNASTY of RINO’s controlling the party and it’s machinery.

NO MORE BUSHES, go away Rove.

PappyD61 on February 18, 2013 at 6:47 PM

Tater Salad on February 18, 2013 at 6:42 PM

You Mittbots were being told about this more than a year in advance of the primaries. It is a long way from Monday morning quarterbacking. It is the same idiot nonsense that gave us Dole and John McCain. When you are talking about years and decades it is not backseat driving. The base increasingly has no use for what you support because they aren’t liberals and have no wish to vote for liberals, or for liberal policies pushed by ‘severe conservatives’.

As for a solution…it’s called conservatism and you might just try it out sometime.

sharrukin on February 18, 2013 at 6:49 PM

I only wish Rove had taken his jowls and crapboard out the door with her.

Sherman1864 on February 18, 2013 at 6:37 PM

A clueless RINO speaks…LOL

idesign on February 18, 2013 at 6:53 PM

Tater Salad on February 18, 2013 at 6:42 PM

First, better candidates might have stepped up in the primaries had Rove and his ilk not spent a decade rigging the process. Why join the game when you know you’re going to lose?

Second, even a terrible candidate like Romney could have won…had he run an actual campaign. A campaign that included a full-throated defense of conservative principles and a concerted pushback against the Democrat/media complex.

And how about not deliberately alienating entire swathes of the conservative movement?

And how about not using every dirty trick conceivable against other Republicans, then turning around and playing patty cake with the socialists?

steebo77 on February 18, 2013 at 6:57 PM

sharrukin on February 18, 2013 at 6:49 PM

As I thought, no suggestions, just complaints and insults.

For the record I was happy to have someone other than Romney as our nominee, unfortunately that person didn’t emerge. Unlike those who didn’t like Romney (or his religion), I chose to support our nominee because I felt it was more important to support that person because of the damage Obama can and will do to our country.

I hope you’re happy Romney lost.

Tater Salad on February 18, 2013 at 6:57 PM

I hope you’re happy Romney lost.

Tater Salad on February 18, 2013 at 6:57 PM

I couldn’t care less if he won or lost because it amounted to the same thing.

sharrukin on February 18, 2013 at 7:01 PM

@marklevinshow: Rove now likes Rand Paul, after he didn’t… http://t.co/8AC2asfH

idesign on February 18, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Tater Salad on February 18, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Because widespread dislike of Mitt Romney was born of religious bigotry?

For the record, I voted for Romney in the Pennsylvania primary and in the general election.

steebo77 on February 18, 2013 at 7:03 PM

The GOP needs more Conservatives Rand Pauls and fewer RINO’s Christine O’Donnells

FIFY!

DannoJyd on February 18, 2013 at 7:09 PM

I only wish Rove had taken his jowls and crapboard out the door with her.

Sherman1864 on February 18, 2013 at 6:37 PM

So, are you kin to bluegill, our Sarah Palin House Troll hater?
If not, you’d certainly be BFF as soon as you meet.

bluefox on February 18, 2013 at 7:10 PM

So, are you kin to bluegill, our Sarah Palin House Troll hater?
If not, you’d certainly be BFF as soon as you meet.

bluefox on February 18, 2013 at 7:10 PM

In case Shermie’s not familiar:

I see now that I must recommit myself to doing what I know is right. I will fight the Palin worship with more tenacity than ever now.

bluegill on February 17, 2013 at 11:05 AM

steebo77 on February 18, 2013 at 7:12 PM

steebo77 on February 18, 2013 at 7:12 PM

I’ve seen that poster before, but didn’t connect them against Palin; or perhaps have forgotten.

T.Y.

bluefox on February 18, 2013 at 7:17 PM

bluefox on February 18, 2013 at 7:10 PM

I don’t “hate” Sarah neither do I “like” her.

I just personally have no use for her in the critical political realm is all.

No, I don’t like her voice but that’s not the crucial thing.

Also I wish people would stop throwing the word “hate” around so readily.

Although I do think I hate Obama and have good reason to do so. And I don’t use the word lightly.

Sherman1864 on February 18, 2013 at 7:19 PM

I only wish Rove had taken his jowls and crapboard out the door with her.

Sherman1864 on February 18, 2013 at 6:37 PM

AHH! Another ‘republican’ who remains disappointed by Sarah Palin’s accomplishments in the 2010 TEAnami. I guess you preferred the recent election cycle more, right?

DannoJyd on February 18, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Tater Salad on February 18, 2013 at 6:31 PM

And let me take a guess? You think the answer is more Mitt Romneys and Karl Roves?

melle1228 on February 18, 2013 at 7:23 PM

We have no use, for someone who doesn’t challenge the fundamental trasformative nature of the Obama agenda, and pretends that ‘he was just over his head’

narciso on February 18, 2013 at 7:23 PM

Tater Salad on February 18, 2013 at 6:57 PM

That whole religious bigotry was just bunk. My state of Tennessee now has a super majority of Republicans in its Congress(thank you Tennessee).. It’s EVANGELICAL vote(you know those evil bigots) voted overwhelmingly for Romney.

It was the Democrats who had a problem with Romney’s Mormonism and they projected it onto Republican voters, and you fell for it.

melle1228 on February 18, 2013 at 7:26 PM

steebo77 on February 18, 2013 at 7:12 PM

Got you. Shermie here….sigh. I suppose there are worse nicknames out there!

Although I tend to agree with bluegill here, I believe he is taking things a bit too far.

Palin is just not worth so much energy either way in my opinion.

Sherman1864 on February 18, 2013 at 7:26 PM

The Savior is a much more compelling figure and speaker that Palin is.

Illinidiva on February 18, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Let’s see who gets the biggest reception at CPAC.

ddrintn on February 18, 2013 at 7:27 PM

Palin is just not worth so much energy either way in my opinion.

Sherman1864 on February 18, 2013 at 7:26 PM

She’s worth as much as Rubio, Paul or Jindal.

ddrintn on February 18, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Tater Salad on February 18, 2013 at 6:42 PM

I’ll answer your question with my opinion. During the Primaries, Romney had help from the RINOS/MSM/DEMS/ROVE/Administration/ in defeating the other Candidates. Romney was selected by the powers that be, in order to be defeated in the Election. Why? To make room for Jeb Bush. Oh, you don’t think Rove works for the Bushies and the Establishment Republicans? :-)

bluefox on February 18, 2013 at 7:28 PM

As I thought, no suggestions, just complaints and insults.
Tater Salad on February 18, 2013 at 6:57 PM

What difference does it make? He lost. What, Gingrich or Perry would have lost too? So what. Either way we lose. Might as well run someone more conservative anyway who might at least be able to clobber Obama in a debate(Gingrich), or actually be able to run on his legislative background(Perry) and not run away from it.

Dongemaharu on February 18, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Tater Salad on February 18, 2013 at 6:42 PM

We had four friggin’ years of “only Romney can beat Obama” propaganda hammered all the time, and then you ask why there weren’t other candidates? It’s called “seeding the field”, or maybe even “leveling the field”. We see the same crap taking shape again now with the non-stop marketing of Rubio.

ddrintn on February 18, 2013 at 7:33 PM

Ibanez Lotus on February 18, 2013 at 6:43 PM

You are so right about Rove/Rino and their motives. They love that power and don’t intend to lose it, no matter what. Yes, I recall Barbara Bushs’ nasty remark about Sarah Palin. I’m done with the Bushies, period.

Loving power as the R’s do, they don’t want the Dems to have the House back. What we want is to add more to the House, get rid of Boehner & his co-horts; take the Senate!!

bluefox on February 18, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Yes. Exactly.

steebo77 on February 18, 2013 at 6:57 PM

No. Romney was never going to win.

ddrintn on February 18, 2013 at 7:36 PM

I have no use for any portion of those 4 million.
Tater Salad on February 18, 2013 at 6:31 PM

I suggest you find a use. You’ll need them. Politics is about inspiring your base, not bitterly exiling them after they failed to be browbeaten into supporting a lesser evil.

I’ll take Rove meddling in the GOP any day over Obama being our President.
Tater Salad on February 18, 2013 at 6:24 PM

Rove meddling in the GOP is why we have Obama.

There are any number of reforms the GOP could have put into place to ensure more grassroots involvement and empowerment in the primaries. Instead they waged a tooth and nail effort at the GOP convention (valuable time and energy which should have been devoted to calling out Obama) to further frustrate the base.

This is the simple choice facing the GOP: reform or die. Any affiliations with Karl Rove at this point indicate the choice they’re making. Look for 8 million not to show up in 2016.

Nothing, certainly not political parties, lives forever.

rrpjr on February 18, 2013 at 7:37 PM

If you need ANY proof that TED CRUZ should be the GOP NOMINEE in 2016……

Tweet from Cher: Smell of sulfur follows unholy GOP scum Ted Cruz

Freshman Senator Ted Cruz (T-Bag Darling) is Joseph McCarthy Reincarnate! Why does the SCUM of The GOP ALWAYS RISE 2 THE TOP?

Cruz 2016.

PappyD61 on February 18, 2013 at 7:40 PM

It’s a dirty job but somebody has to do it. Thank you Karl!

MJBrutus on February 18, 2013 at 6:06 PM

*spit*

ddrintn on February 18, 2013 at 7:40 PM

@marklevinshow: Rove now likes Rand Paul, after he didn’t… http://t.co/8AC2asfH

idesign on February 18, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Have him on:-)

bluefox on February 18, 2013 at 7:40 PM

No. Romney was never going to win.

ddrintn on February 18, 2013 at 7:36 PM

Even Romney could have won, had he actually had a sincere bone in his body, demonstrated commitment to conservative principles, been willing to fight, etc. But that was never more than a one-in-a-million possibility.

steebo77 on February 18, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Hey Mr. Rove, you wanna be useful? How ’bout publicly vetting the Dem candidates as vociferously as you do non-progs.

S. D. on February 18, 2013 at 7:43 PM

steebo77 on February 18, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Well, yeah, he could have won if he hadn’t been…Romney. Just as McCain COULD have won in 2008 if he hadn’t been…McCain.

ddrintn on February 18, 2013 at 7:44 PM

steebo77 on February 18, 2013 at 7:41 PM

Then he wouldn’t have been Romney.

sharrukin on February 18, 2013 at 7:45 PM

It’s a dirty job but somebody has to do it. Thank you Karl!

MJBrutus on February 18, 2013 at 6:06 PM

Enjoy the Romney inaugural, Brutus? I wish libs like you would become Democrats. It would be a much better fit for you.

bw222 on February 18, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Palin is just not worth so much energy either way in my opinion.
Sherman1864 on February 18, 2013 at 7:26 PM
She’s worth as much as Rubio, Paul or Jindal.
ddrintn on February 18, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Perhaps…if she actually runs for political office….

Do you think that is going to happen?

Can’t agree as it is that she is worth the trio you mention.

Still, can you back up your claim?

Sherman1864 on February 18, 2013 at 7:55 PM

bluefox on February 18, 2013 at 7:10 PM

I don’t “hate” Sarah neither do I “like” her.

I just personally have no use for her in the critical political realm is all.

No, I don’t like her voice but that’s not the crucial thing.

Also I wish people would stop throwing the word “hate” around so readily.

Sherman1864 on February 18, 2013 at 7:19 PM

Ok, if you don’t hate her, then I’ll retract that as applying to you. However, to not give Sarah Palin the enormous credit she deserves for ALL she has done for the Conservative Cause, Tea Party and this Country is beyond me. And to speak of her as if she hadn’t, is insulting to those of us that have eyes to see and ears to hear what an asset she is. She has earned every bit of respect that she has.

If you are not a Conservative, a Tea Party Supporter or want to stand up for this Country, then I will in the future, ignore any comment from you. What is strange is that you appear to be against Obama, but don’t want to support Sarah Palin who has been railing against him since day one!!

Name me one private citizen that has done so much?

bluefox on February 18, 2013 at 7:56 PM

S. D. on February 18, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Great point. Why isn’t Rove dedicating those millions toward exposing the Left, educating low information voters on the depredations of Leftism and the many masks it wears?

Why the obsession with our primaries and selection of candidates? Why insert yourself in this EXCEPT out of a paternalistic need to control, or a fearful need to stop a scary threat, e.g., the capacity of Tea Party candidates to shock and unseat Establishment candidates?

rrpjr on February 18, 2013 at 7:56 PM

She’s worth as much as Rubio, Paul or Jindal.

ddrintn on February 18, 2013 at 7:28 PM

She’s worth far more ddrintn. She is unelected and not tied to any Party.

bluefox on February 18, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Methinks Lord Rove talketh too much.

Don L on February 18, 2013 at 8:03 PM

She’s worth as much as Rubio, Paul or Jindal.

ddrintn on February 18, 2013 at 7:28 PM

She’s worth far more ddrintn. She is unelected and not tied to any Party.

bluefox on February 18, 2013 at 8:01 PM

This!
And Sarah Palin has consistently called out Obama since they both arrived on the scene.

Sharr on February 18, 2013 at 8:04 PM

She’s worth far more ddrintn. She is unelected and not tied to any Party.

bluefox on February 18, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Absolutely!!!

idesign on February 18, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Cruz 2016.

PappyD61 on February 18, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Cher and the rest of the trash in Hollywood are worthless.

You know what would cause heart attacks in 2016?

Dr. Carson & Ted Cruz!

bluefox on February 18, 2013 at 8:06 PM

S. D. on February 18, 2013 at 7:43 PM

You mean those RINOS he supported and all lost? ROFL

bluefox on February 18, 2013 at 8:07 PM

Karl Rove is about the biggest problem the GOP has. If he backs only winners why did we have McCain and Romney both are way left of center. That is where Karl thinks we should be. Sorry, I am almost to Libertarian I am so right of center.

old war horse on February 18, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Imagine a major democrat fundraiser forming a PAC to vet democrat primary candidates. The notion is absurd. This is pure arrogant paternalism, a glaring sign of the GOP’s morbid corruption and fear.

rrpjr on February 18, 2013 at 8:08 PM

I can’t believe that so many of you do not know why Romney lost. It was not religion or conservatives sitting on their hands or a bad campaign.

It was because, as Santorum pointed out time and time again, Romney could not fight Obamacare. Mitt was not credible on the one issue that created the Tea Party and won the House for Republicans in 2010.

It really was that simple.

fight like a girl on February 18, 2013 at 8:09 PM

rrpjr on February 18, 2013 at 7:56 PM

That right there is ROVE/RINOS biggest fear!! I want to make him even more fearful, so fearful that he will crawl off as a worse loser than he already is!!!

bluefox on February 18, 2013 at 8:12 PM

She’s worth as much as Rubio, Paul or Jindal.

ddrintn on February 18, 2013 at 7:28 PM

IMHO, she is worth WAY MORE! Who gets the lions credit for the 2010 Historic TEAnami? It isn’t Jindal Rubio OR Paul.

I believe she would have supported Romneycare Willard IF he wasn’t such a libtard, and his denouncement of conservatives did nothing to improve his chances. Neither did the GOP’s gerrymandering of the delegates, which kept the Ron Paul supporters home.

[posted while taking calls from MIGOP leadership candidates]

DannoJyd on February 18, 2013 at 8:13 PM

bluefox on February 18, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Well, perhaps I need to be educated. So, educate me.

What is Palin doing for me now?

Now whether you ignore my comments or not is up to you.

So, what is Palin doing? So far I am getting a lot of emotion from you but little proof.

Sherman1864 on February 18, 2013 at 8:15 PM

[posted while taking calls from MIGOP leadership candidates]

DannoJyd on February 18, 2013 at 8:13 PM

Thanks for all you do too DannoJyd, out there in the trenches!!

bluefox on February 18, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Piss up a rope, Tokyo.

Dunedainn on February 18, 2013 at 8:20 PM

It really was that simple.

fight like a girl on February 18, 2013 at 8:09 PM

OMG! You are making posts almost identical to mine last April. Good job!

DannoJyd on February 18, 2013 at 8:21 PM

What is Palin doing for me now?
Sherman1864 on February 18, 2013 at 8:15 PM

“What have you done for me lately?” Got to respect the classics.

rrpjr on February 18, 2013 at 8:22 PM

bluefox on February 18, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Well, perhaps I need to be educated. So, educate me.

What is Palin doing for me now?

Now whether you ignore my comments or not is up to you.

Sherman1864 on February 18, 2013 at 8:15 PM

I’m sure she is posting on Facebook and Twitter. She’s involved in the Iron Man races. Sent out a President’s Day memo. Been just invited to CPAC in March 2013.

Anything that she is doing is most likely what she has been doing for 3-4 years. Speaking out about Government abuses, loss of our freedoms and the future and as always Standing up for America.

Keep in mind she has a family and doesn’t eat in the D.C. $18.95 per burger sandwich, nor have maid & laundry service and most likely makes her own bed. What do you want her to do for you? Make your bed too?

Other than that, she most likely is looking at the open seats in the House & Senate and looking for good Conservative Candidates. Just like the Senate Conservatives Fund is doing. If you know of any, send them the names: http://www.senateconservatives.com

I don’t use Facebook nor Twitter, or I could probably have more info.

bluefox on February 18, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Thanks for all you do too DannoJyd, out there in the trenches!!

bluefox on February 18, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Thank you VERY MUCH for the acknowledgement. I would rather get more people to get involved though. It really is easy to do, and perhaps more importantly, we get an education in the process.

Sherman1864 on February 18, 2013 at 8:15 PM

I’ve got an idea! How about YOU tell us all about what YOU HAVE DONE in the past 2 years. Four years? EVER!?!?

I’m sorry, but you don’t know jack about politics, about Sarah, or about 1/4th of the issues facing America. IF you ever do decide to stop collecting splinters and actually get involved, you will get an education. Until then, you’ve got the government you deserve.

DannoJyd on February 18, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Sherman1864 on February 18, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Unlike Rove, she is constantly hammering the REAL ENEMY- the Dems. You know Rove and his ilk constantly attack OUR SIDE while people like Palin go after Obama. See because Palin “celebutante” that she is understands that Obama and his ilk never stop campaigning and anything that you say can be used against you. So everytime fat Karl opens his fat mouth against one of our own, the Dems use it against us.

melle1228 on February 18, 2013 at 8:28 PM

In a nutshell, no, this isn’t about quashing the unruly Tea Party

In a nutshell: Worst. Spin. Ever.

Bottom line: the purported electoral “mastermind” behind the flailing, failed candidacies of both Juan McCain and Mittens Romney — and who also loudly and repeatedly touted nakedly obvious grifter operations, such as the skeezy “UnSkewedPolls.com” site — has nothing whatsoever to tell me, or any other principled conservative, re: the concept of “electability.”

Rove-style politics have cost us not just one, but the two most winnable presidential elections EVER, back-to-back. ‘Nuff said.

Kent18 on February 18, 2013 at 8:30 PM

bluefox on February 18, 2013 at 8:01 PM

This!

Sharr on February 18, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Yes she has!!

She’s worth far more ddrintn. She is unelected and not tied to any Party.

bluefox on February 18, 2013 at 8:01 PM

Absolutely!!!

idesign on February 18, 2013 at 8:04 PM

No question!!

bluefox on February 18, 2013 at 8:32 PM

bluefox on February 18, 2013 at 8:25 PM

Don’t forget about SarahPac. That has over a million dollar BOMB she will be able to unleash in 2014.

I’ve got more, but here is Sarah taking the fight to 0bama:

DannoJyd on February 18, 2013 at 8:32 PM

DannoJyd on February 18, 2013 at 8:21 PM

I supported Santorum and knew all along that if Mitt got the nomination, Obama would be re-elected because of the healthcare issue. Palin was my first choice but when she declined to run, I went with the next best conservative in the group. Since the election, Santorum has formed his own PAC and has been speaking out on every issue. Proud that I supported him.

fight like a girl on February 18, 2013 at 8:33 PM

old war horse on February 18, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Good question. I think it’s because he’s not as smart as he thinks he is and then proves it!!! LOL

bluefox on February 18, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Conservative O’Donnell was chosen by the Republicans in Delaware over the very liberal Mike Castle. How liberal was Castle? He endorsed the liberal democrat running against O’Donnell. Rove went after O’Donnell the minute she won the primary. He and his ruling class buddies doomed her chances in the general election. I blame Karl and all the other mealy mouthed GOP hacks for her loss and the losses by the other Tea Party candidates that they disparaged.

Funny that so many of the candidates Karl and the other GOP elitists endorse, like Castle in Delaware and Crist in Florida, change to the democrat party. That should tell you something.

fight like a girl on February 18, 2013 at 1:55 PM

Game. Set. Match. ;)

Kent18 on February 18, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Kent18 on February 18, 2013 at 8:30 PM

So glad to see you:-) I know you’re over most heads here, including mine sometimes. But I study your comments until I understand them:-)

bluefox on February 18, 2013 at 8:40 PM

I’ve got more, but here is Sarah taking the fight to 0bama:

DannoJyd on February 18, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Thanks for that. Hard to keep up with it all, as I’m sure you know about keeping up.

bluefox on February 18, 2013 at 8:42 PM

fight like a girl on February 18, 2013 at 8:33 PM

I had hoped to see the Newt Gingrich of the 90′s run but he did not. I too voted for Santorum, then watched the MIGOP STEAL HIS DELEGATES!

Friday is the beginning of the MIGOP Convention where I WILL be working as an elected delegate to get Michigan Republican Party Chairman Robert Schostak REMOVED! I’ll also be working to get my County Prosecutor, Victor Fitz, elected to the position of 6th District Chair.

It PAYS to be involved. I sincerely hope you too are signed up with your local TEA Party. If not, please consider doing so. We need people like YOU!

DannoJyd on February 18, 2013 at 8:45 PM

bluefox on February 18, 2013 at 8:40 PM

From one of the posters here I genuinely respect: no higher praise possible. ;) Thank you!

Kent18 on February 18, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Tater Salad on February 18, 2013 at 6:42 PM

I gave you my opinion to your question; did you leave the thread?

bluefox on February 18, 2013 at 7:28 PM

bluefox on February 18, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Rove: The GOP needs more Rand Pauls and fewer Christine O’Donnells

And NO d@mn Karl Roves.

LegendHasIt on February 18, 2013 at 8:48 PM

But, we are not going to trust the establishment in this regard until they show we are actually playing on the same team. “Electability” above all else is not worth anything.

Monkeytoe on February 18, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Bingo.

Kent18 on February 18, 2013 at 8:50 PM

bluefox on February 18, 2013 at 8:42 PM

I DO, so I cheat. I use a Yahoo e-mail account to get all of my political e-mails as well as send the relevant articles to that.

Yahoo allows me to categorize those into sub folders, thus making me ready to provide info at the drop of a byte.

I also use Google Alerts to keep me up to date. Indeed, for the alerts concerning Sarah Palin I have an entirely different e-mail account. Due to all of the LIES the propaganda units of the GOP and the DNC publish I need it.

BTW, to the Palin HATERS, no! She did Not Join Al Jazeera!

DannoJyd on February 18, 2013 at 8:51 PM

bluefox on February 18, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Kent18 on February 18, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Thank you, very nice of you to say. I try to say exactly what I mean, no airs, but very passionate and sincere. Dislike injustice and lying of any kind.

bluefox on February 18, 2013 at 8:52 PM

DannoJyd on February 18, 2013 at 8:45 PM

I live in the very blue state that is also home to Dr. Ben Carson and Dan Bongino. Yes, I am involved in local and state politics.

fight like a girl on February 18, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Rove: The GOP needs more Rand Pauls and fewer Christine O’Donnells

And NO d@mn Karl Roves.

LegendHasIt on February 18, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Amen to that!! It appears that opinion is about 98% of this thread too.

bluefox on February 18, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Yes, I am involved in local and state politics.

fight like a girl on February 18, 2013 at 8:52 PM

I KNEW IT! Only someone who is involved gets as smart as you are today. YOU are a TRUE American!

DannoJyd on February 18, 2013 at 8:54 PM