CO Democrat: Even if you feel like you might get raped, you may not, so no guns for you

posted at 9:31 pm on February 18, 2013 by Mary Katharine Ham

Downplaying the threat of rape? Check. Questioning the ability of grown, sentient women to perceive that threat? Check. A man in a position of power presuming to know what’s best for women he knows nothing about? Check. Limiting women’s choices by law in potentially life-threatening situations? Check. Six months ago, this was known as the frightful patriarchy. Now, it’s just another member of the Party of Women doing his part for the good work of gun control.

In arguing for the disarmament of college students in Colorado this week, state Rep. Joe Salazar suggested a novel method of self-defense for women on campus— just chill, ladies.

“It’s why we have call boxes, it’s why we have safe zones, it’s why we have the whistles. Because you just don’t know who you’re gonna be shooting at. And you don’t know if you feel like you’re gonna be raped, or if you feel like someone’s been following you around or if you feel like you’re in trouble when you may actually not be, that you pop out that gun and you pop … pop around at somebody.”

Well, after all, you might not get raped. In Salazar’s world, not only are women incapable of defending themselves against a physical threat, but they are incapable of even identifying a physical threat, and should therefore be deprived of the ability to try. Empowerment! I guess if you are raped, there’s this…safe zone. Look, colleges are welcome to establish safe zones (though criminals are notoriously unobservant of such signage), call boxes, lighted paths, and whistles to help prevent campus attacks. I have benefited from at least a few of these tools, and begrudge no one their use. But I would also like women who choose to arm themselves, in the event that safe zones, call boxes, lights, and whistles don’t work, to retain the right to their chosen tool of prevention.

Revealing Politics has background on the bill in question:

House Bill 13-1226 to prohibit the lawful concealed carry on Colorado college campuses passed the Colorado House of Representatives this morning. Many of the arguments Democrats used to justify the bill included the alcohol and drug use common on campuses coupled with the age and immaturity of average college students. These arguments didn’t resonate with many Republican lawmakers and opponents of the bill who cited Colorado’s intensive training process for obtaining a concealed carry permit and the state’s requirement that permit-holders be 21 years of age, as rebuttal.

Salazar has apologized for revealing how incapable he believes women are. (Notice the framing of the story in local media is not about his comments, but about conservatives objecting to them.)

“I’m sorry if I offended anyone. That was absolutely not my intention,” Salazar said. “We were having a public policy debate on whether or not guns makes people safer on campus. I don’t believe they do. That was the point I was trying to make. If anyone thinks I’m not sensitive to the dangers women face, they’re wrong. “I am a husband and father of two beautiful girls, and I’ve spent the last decade defending women’s rights as a civil rights attorney. Again, I’m deeply sorry if I offended anyone with my comments.”

Charles Cooke notes the University of Colorado’s advice for women under attack. This would be the liberal-sanctioned method of self-defense if the Rep. Salazar method of hoping real hard doesn’t pan out. Passive resistance, bare feet, and your period:

Be realistic about your ability to protect yourself.

Your instinct may be to scream, go ahead! It may startle your attacker and give you an opportunity to run away.

Kick off your shoes if you have time and can’t run in them.

Don’t take time to look back; just get away.

If your life is in danger, passive resistance may be your best defense.

Tell your attacker that you have a disease or are menstruating.

Vomiting or urinating may also convince the attacker to leave you alone.

Yelling, hitting or biting may give you a chance to escape, do it!

Understand that some actions on your part might lead to more harm.

Remember, every emergency situation is different. Only you can decide which action is most appropriate.

“Only you can decide which action is most appropriate.” That is, unless you’d like to use a projectile more potent than vomit, in which case, settle down little missy. You can’t be trusted.

In other “common sense” gun control news, a Washington state bill obliterates the Fourth Amendment for gun owners. Oops:

It seemed in recent weeks lawmakers might be headed toward some common-sense regulation of gun sales. But then last week they went too far. By mistake, they claim. But still too far.

“They always say, we’ll never go house to house to take your guns away. But then you see this, and you have to wonder.”

That’s no gun-rights absolutist talking, but Lance Palmer, a Seattle trial lawyer and self-described liberal who brought the troubling Senate Bill 5737 to my attention. It’s the long-awaited assault-weapons ban, introduced last week by three Seattle Democrats.

Responding to the Newtown school massacre, the bill would ban the sale of semi-automatic weapons that use detachable ammunition magazines. Clips that contain more than 10 rounds would be illegal.

But then, with respect to the thousands of weapons like that already owned by Washington residents, the bill says this:

“In order to continue to possess an assault weapon that was legally possessed on the effective date of this section, the person possessing shall … safely and securely store the assault weapon. The sheriff of the county may, no more than once per year, conduct an inspection to ensure compliance with this subsection.”

In other words, come into homes without a warrant to poke around. Failure to comply could get you up to a year in jail.

When the sheriff shows up, try vomiting or urinating.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

No bigot off Dbear? You’re kind of a gutless coward, bomb-throwing racist, no?

hawkdriver on February 19, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Your comments have always been worse. You’re a bigot. A hate filled bigot. The left owns it though so be proud. I’ll tell you what though. We’ll have a bigot off. I’ll match you comment for comment, racist names directed at whites compared to what you can find directed against minorities here on Hot Air.

Game?

hawkdriver on February 19, 2013 at 1:17 AM

OMG what a baby you are sure why not even though I am not racist against whites, my white ex-bf from North Carolina that I lived with and the many white lovers I have had since would be shocked at this claim. It’s true though I do have a healthy disgust for conservatives, religious people and gun nuts of which *voila* is 99.9% of Hot Air, what a shock!

And who said I supported Dorner? Even though I believe his claims of racism & corruption in the LAPD that monster got exactly what he deserved. If only he didn’t have all those guns imagine the lives that would have been saved!

DBear on February 19, 2013 at 1:43 AM

These are the same people mandating that all college campuses are gun-free zones, no matter how many lives it costs.

Free men decide whether they need to have a gun to protect themselves or their families. Serfs don’t get to make that decision. Their masters decide whether or not they “need” protection.

Who decides what you need? Your government masters, or yourself. The answer determines whether you are free or a serf.

tom on February 19, 2013 at 1:46 AM

Reggie???

WryTrvllr on February 19, 2013 at 1:52 AM

First, can I assume this is what you were trying to say here?

OMG what a baby you are? Sure, why not? Even though I am not racist against whites, my white ex-bf from North Carolina that (sic) I lived with and the many white lovers I have had since would be shocked at this claim.

Even cleaned up it’s a difficult read. But, if I took it correctly, you’re telling me that stories of white lovers should absolve you of the bigoted and racist remarks you make here?

Classic example you’ve provided here with your gross exaggerations and outright admission of religious intolerance. What you display here is hate. You’ve never had a civil discussion with a single commenter on Hot Air. We expect it though because the left is the epitome of hate and intolerance. It’s why, I believe, your side feels the need to level the same charges at us and see every form of racism in every aspect of liberal failure.

DBear on February 19, 2013 at 1:43 AM

Enough said there, no?

Please post some of the bigoted names used here that you so abhor.

hawkdriver on February 19, 2013 at 2:03 AM

I’m sitting here trying to think of something appropriately snarky yet irate to say…but I just don’t even know where to start: Vomit on your rapist…go to a ‘safe zone’ with a whistle, ‘here’s some advise that might get you into more harm.’ The Left wants to disallow women from protecting themselves…obviously the Left thinks rape is no biggie.

Jackalope on February 18, 2013 at 10:20 PM

All gun control, at heart, is about disarming the NON-criminals.

It’s just more blatantly obvious when the crime being discussed is rape.

IOW, as PatriotGal2257 said:

Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

PatriotGal2257 on February 18, 2013 at 10:36 PM

tom on February 19, 2013 at 2:05 AM

He was a cop.
He was going to have access to guns no matter what.
Stupid comment. Just stupid.

OpportunityCost on February 19, 2013 at 2:08 AM

Wow I wanted to make some snarky comment but honestly I am totally flabbergasted. This azzhat is standing in a bright room surrounded by police and guards telling you women, Just lie down and take it. I carry all the time, never had to deploy my weapon, I would rather see some rapist with two holes in the chest and one in the forehead, than see some poor woman having to live with the pain and hurt or dead from an assault. What is wrong with these people? Every woman has the right to protect herself from rape, robbery, and death. I just don’t know what to say, this is weapons grade stupidity.

stormridercx4 on February 19, 2013 at 2:32 AM

DBear on February 19, 2013 at 1:43 AM

Yawn…another unattractive liberal cumdumpster who has daddy issues because she does not know which criminal it was that slid off of her mother at the age of 16.

Trust me filth, there is no possible way we could not hate you any more that we hate your side. This is why we have wars…just remember that men allowed you the right to vote…don’t make us take it away again.

ClassicCon on February 19, 2013 at 2:35 AM

Must be a slow night on N. Halsted.

tom daschle concerned on February 19, 2013 at 2:44 AM

DBear on February 19, 2013 at 1:43 AM

The ironic thing is liberals, like yourself, fashion that you can be the final authority on which lives are more worth saving and which are not. It is a shame that you, and others who support your opinion, can’t be held accountable when the bodies start piling up as a result of this gun free utopia you speak of.

People like Dorner will ALWAYS find a way to inflict harm. Whether it be guns, swords, knives, bombs, poison, gasses, and so on. If guns were the source of all the violence in the world then how can you explain the thousands of years of human slaughter through countless wars?

What about the millions of people who use guns to defend themselves and their families every year? Are their lives worth nothing? Are we to sacrifice thousands of Americans who would be murdered by criminals so we can sleep sound at night that at least the criminals didn’t use a gun? I hope you understand how preposterous and naive such a world sounds.

What sickens me is the growing percentage of Americans who would rather people lie down and die quietly so the rest can have a clear conscience that at least a gun wasn’t involved. Clearly the fact that over 500 people were murdered with guns in Chicago isn’t enough to concern people, only that guns were involved.

Well sir, I’ll let you in on a little secret. There are many people out there who have seen the recent mass shootings and are not amused. They see people slaughtered like cattle in movie theaters, shopping malls, schools and even college campuses. They no longer care about “Safe zones”, “gun free zones” or even state legislation barring them from carrying. They will, instead, ALWAYS have the means to defend themselves from attack even if it means losing their job, being expelled from schools, or going to prison.

If the criminals don’t follow these rules and laws, why should regular citizens? Pass the laws, see if they care.

Flashwing on February 19, 2013 at 3:54 AM

You know what REALLY shocks me?

All the women out there who feel that the banning of firearms is a good thing. Of the two genders, women are the most vulnerable and the most likely to be unable to defend themselves against a male attacker of a larger size.

My guess is that anti-gun advocates who are women are still privy to the same mindset that plagued Americans prior to the September 11th plane hijackings. Ever notice that every single time you hear a story about a passenger going nuts on a plane that it ends with this person being subdued and restrained. Airplane passengers automatically assume anyone taking control of an airplane intends to KILL them. People don’t take any chances on flights anymore.

Women, on the other hand, I believe tend to be convinced that assault crimes either won’t happen to them or if they did they wouldn’t be murdered.

The sooner everyone accepts the fact that human nature allows every individual the capacity to do horrible things to another person, the sooner you will realize that the only person you can trust to keep yourself safe is YOU. I’ve often felt the split between liberalism and conservatism is the perception of human nature.

Flashwing on February 19, 2013 at 4:06 AM

You guys are the ones missing the point.
Pro-choice is about the rights of women to make decisions about their bodies themselves.

verbaluce on September 5, 2012 at 12:43 PM

rogerb on February 19, 2013 at 4:12 AM

Waiting for the RINO’s to come out and condemn this guy.

Translation: “Yeah, what’s wrong with these crazy girls who think they are being stalked and maybe are gonna be raped late some night. That’s why we have whistles and… safe zones. Just because you think you’re going to be raped, doesn’t mean it is rape… so… just…relax.”

Also.. any moment now the Democrat party is going to come out and just go insane on this guy! Demand he resign. Yeah, right!

At some point a RINO will call this guy “Friend.”

JellyToast on February 19, 2013 at 6:59 AM

I think he has a point. Otherwise, a woman can just kill a man randomly and than claim that she thought he was going to rape her.

nonpartisan on February 18, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Before it became illegal to ask the sexual history of a woman accusing a man of rape, a lot of men asked, “What if she’s loose and is accusing a guy who turned her down to get revenge?” That was considered a horrible thing to wonder. Now liberals are using the same question in hope of benefit to ban guns.

Like I keep saying and the trolls here keep proving: Liberals are ghouls and monsters on the inside. With a complicit media, they’re now able to be more open about it.

*spits*

Liam on February 19, 2013 at 7:09 AM

Liam on February 19, 2013 at 7:09 AM

Yep, according to CO Rep. Joe Salazar (D-idiotville), if a young girl doesn’t use call boxes, safe zones, or whistles then she is just asking to be raped.

Happy Nomad on February 19, 2013 at 7:52 AM

An example of non-gun violence by what I suspect is likely a lefty. I guess if the woman was killed instead of simply injured, she wouldn’t be as badly dead as from a gunshot wound?

Liam on February 19, 2013 at 7:52 AM

This guy is the Left’s version of Todd Akin.

Bitter Clinger on February 19, 2013 at 7:59 AM

Happy Nomad on February 19, 2013 at 7:52 AM

If so limited, I guess it wouldn’t be rape-rape, and if she died she wouldn’t be dead-dead.

If gun-grabbers have to go to absurd lengths to justify themselves, they lost the argument weeks ago.

Liam on February 19, 2013 at 8:00 AM

Liam on February 19, 2013 at 8:00 AM

But unfortunately in some ways they are winning the war. The deck is stacked in their favor with media intent on helping them grab the guns.

In the meantime the rat-eared wonder shows up in North Chicago to use a bunch of students as props. One girl goes home to find out that her sister has been killed in a drive-by shooting where she was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

But, of course, such tragedies are not caused by a lack of strong male role models in the ghettos, a gun culture among black and Hispanic gangs, or any other societal reason. Such tragedy can only be prevented by harrassing law-abiding citizens exercising their civil rights.

Happy Nomad on February 19, 2013 at 8:10 AM

the many white lovers I have had

DBear on February 19, 2013 at 1:43 AM

Setting aside the ‘LOL’ at your admitted sluttery, you sound just like the so-called racist that says “Some of my best friends are black.”

fossten on February 19, 2013 at 8:14 AM

fossten on February 19, 2013 at 8:14 AM

In addition, she’s obviously not a ‘keeper’.

Liam on February 19, 2013 at 8:15 AM

Happy Nomad on February 19, 2013 at 8:10 AM

True. But a person can still lose at Poker though using a marked deck. ;)

Liam on February 19, 2013 at 8:18 AM

DBear on February 19, 2013 at 1:43 AM

you’re an idiot.

GhoulAid on February 19, 2013 at 8:25 AM

This is the most disgusting, condenscending thing I have ever read. A woman under threat of rape is to run away, vomit on the guy, passively resist??!

How about she pulls out her gun and shoots his gonads off?

This may be the most sickening thing I’ve ever read here on Hotair.

Libfree, you a$$, where are you to defend this?!! Cmon’ out you worm! Defend this if you dare!

itsspideyman on February 19, 2013 at 8:25 AM

Joe Salazar is one of those special types of stupid you hear so much about, ain’t he?

pilamaye on February 19, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Salazar would be right at home in the new Egypt.

Colorado is lost.

PappyD61 on February 19, 2013 at 8:30 AM

True. But a person can still lose at Poker though using a marked deck. ;)

Liam on February 19, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Hah! In this case I think that could well be true. On too many of these issues, the enemy shows up to play poker and the conservative side shows up fully prepared to play Go Fish.

But, of course, this is one of those issues that cross party lines enough that the left can’t demonize opponents to protecting civil rights in the same way they go about doing it for things like same-sex marriage or amnesty for illegals. Too many Dems would be vulnerable even if a fat old commie from a suburb of Denver is not.

BTW, did you see that the filthy slob issued the typical non-apology of politicians?

No Mr. Salazar, your comments were not part of any public policy debate. You were attacking the Second Amendment and Americans’ civil rights. You outright suggested that women need not feel unsafe on campus because of safe zones, call boxes, and whistles. About this time last year, Michigan State had a series of rapes in dorms despite all of the above. I guess Mr. Salazar would tell those victims that they were stupid to feel unsafe in their very own living spaces.

Happy Nomad on February 19, 2013 at 8:34 AM

pilamaye on February 19, 2013 at 8:27 AM

Yes, but usually only if they have an “R” behind their name like Todd Akin. The press usually protects Dems from themselves (Joe Biden being the prime example). I wonder just who Salazar ticked off for some decent reporting to escape from the stenographers who call themselves journalists.

Happy Nomad on February 19, 2013 at 8:37 AM

When the sheriff shows up, try vomiting or urinating.

MKH gets the thread winner with her snark without even reading the comments.

blammm on February 19, 2013 at 8:38 AM

Hey, don’t criticize this guy. He’s just doing his part to get the fertility figures back up.

Old Country Boy on February 19, 2013 at 8:41 AM

Happy Nomad on February 19, 2013 at 8:34 AM

In his apologetic non-apology, he was basically saying it is we rubes who simply didn’t get his point. Except we did get his point, based on his exact words. Liberals may think we’re all mind readers (like some just KNOW the police intended to kill Dorner all along even if he tried to surrender), but we’re not. If Salazar meant other than what he actually said, he needs to take a few courses in public speaking that stress clarity of intent.

If he truly meant something other than what he said, he should have said what he claims he meant. Otherwise, the rest of us have to take him at his first word.

Liam on February 19, 2013 at 8:41 AM

“The Gun Is Civilization” by Maj. L. Caudill USMC (Ret)
The best pro gun argument ever….

Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force.

If you want me to do something for you, you have a choice of either convincing me via argument, or force me to do your bidding under threat of force.

Every human interaction falls into one of those two categories, without exception. Reason or force, that’s it.

In a truly moral and civilized society, people exclusively interact through persuasion.
Force has no place as a valid method of social interaction, and the only thing that removes force from the menu is the personal firearm, as paradoxical as it may sound to some.

When I carry a gun, you cannot deal with me by force. You have to use reason and try to persuade me, because I have a way to negate your threat or employment of force.

The gun is the only personal weapon that puts a 100-pound woman on equal footing with a 220-pound mugger, a 75-year old retiree on equal footing with a 19-year old gang banger, and a single guy on equal footing with a carload of drunk guys with baseball bats. The gun removes the disparity in physical strength, size, or numbers between a potential attacker and a defender.

People who argue for the banning of arms ask for automatic rule by the young, the strong, and the many, and that’s the exact opposite of a civilized society. A mugger, even an armed one, can only make a successful living in a society where the state has granted him a force monopoly.

Colbyjack on February 19, 2013 at 8:47 AM

If your life is in danger, passive resistance may be your best defense.

Vomiting or urinating may also convince the attacker to leave you alone.

Yelling, hitting or biting may give you a chance to escape, do it!

Understand that some actions on your part might lead to more harm.

By all means, go ahead and scream, vomit, or bite if you want, but understand that these actions on your part may lead to more harm, so passive resistance? Wait, what? Instead of fighting back, just relax and get raped. Oh, and kick your shoes off so that you can really chill while you’re being attacked. Maybe you should offer to buy the guy a drink or give him a massage because rape isn’t about violence or power or anything. C’mon, Missy, if you scream, you’ll just make him mad, so sit back and enjoy being raped. Oh, and if he has a gun, make sure you chastise him for illegal use of a firearm and cluck your tongue at him. That’ll show him!

College Prof on February 19, 2013 at 8:51 AM

it’s why we have safe zones

This is hilarious. I love this line.
Seriously?
These people are so boldly moronic.
And yet, the mantra sticks.
WOW.

Badger40 on February 19, 2013 at 8:52 AM

nonpartisan on February 18, 2013 at 9:35 PM

And if a person does such a thing, it is called murder & there are reprisals, legally, for that.
Nice try Sparky.

Badger40 on February 19, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Well, as long as it’s not rape, rape the coed fears, all is well. The show “Idiot Abroad” has nothing on these clowns. Jeeze, what a moron.

totherightofthem on February 19, 2013 at 9:07 AM

nonpartisan on February 18, 2013 at 9:35 PM

You can’t be serious. Really? Like that happens all the time. /s Are men not capable of committing random acts of violence with the excuse that “he was coming for me so I got him first”? So, in your world women are more prone to hysterical behavior and lying than men. Thanks for the visit to the world of 19th century thought. I always wanted to experience it first-hand. Not.

totherightofthem on February 19, 2013 at 9:10 AM

When the sheriff shows up, try vomiting or urinating.

LOL!

“Tell the sheriff that you have a disease or are menstruating.”

“What difference does it make”

VegasRick on February 18, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Genesis 31:33-35
New International Version (NIV)
33 So Laban went into Jacob’s tent and into Leah’s tent and into the tent of the two female servants, but he found nothing. After he came out of Leah’s tent, he entered Rachel’s tent.
34 Now Rachel had taken the household gods and put them inside her camel’s saddle and was sitting on them. Laban searched through everything in the tent but found nothing.
35 Rachel said to her father, “Don’t be angry, my lord, that I cannot stand up in your presence; I’m having my period.” So he searched but could not find the household gods.

Nutstuyu on February 19, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Why don’t they just pass a law against rape?

Fallon on February 18, 2013 at 9:43 PM

That’ll never work. ;)

totherightofthem on February 19, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Liberal stench

jake49 on February 19, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Wow. The college’s advice to women is to basically lay there and take it? “Passive resistance”? Unbelievable. The GOP needs to go after this guy’s idiocy and ask every Dem why they want to disarm women.

changer1701 on February 19, 2013 at 9:16 AM

Can you hit the long side of a large agricultural building yet?

cozmo on February 18, 2013 at 9:52 PM

LOL! My CPL (in Michigan it’s called Concealed Pistol License) class had the target boards set up in front of the side of a barn. I kid you not. Thankfully, I was able to hit both the targets and, I’m sure, the side of the barn. Unfortunately, it wasn’t the broad side, but any barn wall in a pinch, I like to say.

totherightofthem on February 19, 2013 at 9:17 AM

One thing that has become evident, most Democrat politicians apparently are insane.

Dasher on February 19, 2013 at 9:20 AM

…he needs a little loving…from the prison population.

KOOLAID2 on February 19, 2013 at 9:20 AM

Kick off your shoes if you have time and can’t run in them.

Great advise. That way, you’ll already be barefoot when your rapist gets you pregnant, and the only thing left to do will be to find a kitchen.

And yet Republicans are “anti-woman.” Sheesh.

Maddie on February 19, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Questions for the libwits:

Was Sandy Hook a “safe zone?”

Was Virginia Tech a “safe zone?”

Was the rally Gabby Giffords was at a “safe zone?”

Was the movie theater in Colorado a “safe zone?”

Nevermind. Don’t answer. It wouldn’t do any good.

/rhetorical

gryphon202 on February 19, 2013 at 9:26 AM

You’re trying to claim that you’re not racist because you have a sexual appetite for white men?

How is that any different than a white man that claims he’s not racist simply because he has a sexual appetitive for black women?

Liberal hypocrisy knows no bounds.

blink on February 19, 2013 at 9:24 AM

By that lib’s reasoning, white slave owners weren’t racist, either, because they had relations with their female slaves.

Liam on February 19, 2013 at 9:34 AM

Poor, poor little bear.

Bmore on February 19, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Safe zones and lighted paths should work just as well as gun free zones and locks on doors to prevent attacks of the rape kind or the gun kind, but at least, this guy will be seen as having done something. He has a wife and 2 daughters to protect. This is dumber than what the guy from Missouri said about raped women not being able to get pregnant and claimed to have misunderstood medical reports on the subject. This guy is just sorry he offended you with his comments. He still believes the comments are correct. I’ll bet he voted for the pot bill, too.

Kissmygrits on February 19, 2013 at 9:48 AM

how did this guy get elected in Colorado? another state lost to Kalifornians and illegals

burserker on February 19, 2013 at 9:52 AM

This guy looks like you typical democrat degenerate pedophile. He’ll do well in CO politics.

Mr. Arrogant on February 19, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Wow.

Remember when people were screaming that Todd Akin was just the worst Republican candidate running for what he said about women automatically undergoing miscarriages after a rape?

What this Democrat said is demonstrably worse, but he’s a gun-control-happy Democrat, so he’ll get a pass.

Aitch748 on February 19, 2013 at 9:53 AM

The only policy for rapists.

Well, when an adult male is chasing a female with intent to commit rape, I shoot the bastard. That’s my policy. – Dirty Harry

LoganSix on February 19, 2013 at 9:59 AM

Actually ladies, just start picking your nose and wiping the boogers on your attackers face.

philoise65 on February 19, 2013 at 10:07 AM

As a Colorado-an, I want to apologize for this latest example of Politician-Ass Hat who is somehow allowed to approach a microphone and dribble out his verbal diarrhea, for the sole purpose of establishing his credentials as a mindless and careless member-in-good-standing of the secular cult known as the American Order of Democrat Correctness.

I know this sort of stench wafts up from every corner of the land these days, on every sort of occaision, and I shouldn’t be surprised any longer. The optimist in me always wishes for better, but when stupidity gets richly rewarded, I suppose just about any type of suitor can clip on his bow tie, grab some un-vetted notes and sing for his supper!

ronco on February 19, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Women have a way of just shutting that whole thing down so there is no need for gun ownership.

Wigglesworth on February 19, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Flashwing on February 19, 2013 at 4:06 AM

Bingo. Progressives believe that with enough education/training/laws/money/programs they can make everyone good little people. Conservatives understand otherwise.

GWB on February 19, 2013 at 10:22 AM

How stupid are voters and for how long? Democrats run for office and lie about how conservative and reasonable they will be if elected. Once elected, it’s Katie bar the door. Gun control and taxes, taxes and gun control.

There are SOME bad Republican politicians.
There are NO good Democrat politicians.

Follow the above simple rule and you will come out ahead. Just look at California.

Rogervzv on February 19, 2013 at 10:32 AM

fossten on February 19, 2013 at 8:14 AM

In addition, she’s obviously not a ‘keeper’.

Liam on February 19, 2013 at 8:15 AM

Dbear is a “he.” Special in many ways. ;)

arnold ziffel on February 19, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Dbear is a “he.” Special in many ways. ;)

arnold ziffel on February 19, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Well, that made worse an initially bad mental image…

Liam on February 19, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Loophole! Keep your assault weapons in your uterus. That’s about the only place Democrats respect privacy.

29Victor on February 19, 2013 at 10:40 AM

Well, that made worse an initially bad mental image…

Liam on February 19, 2013 at 10:38 AM

lol, you didn’t expect me to suffer alone?

arnold ziffel on February 19, 2013 at 10:41 AM

it’s why we have safe zones

This is hilarious. I love this line.
Seriously?
These people are so boldly moronic.
And yet, the mantra sticks.
WOW.

Badger40 on February 19, 2013 at 8:52 AM

South Chicago is a “gun free zone”. It’s wahy they’ve only killed 500 or sheeple with guns the last year.

I think dbear will make a great muslim. She’ll good in a burkha bowing subviently to her man and takign a good beating anytime she doesn’t have dinner ready on time or walks in front of her man. Make sure you keep that tent on or you may get stoned to death for showing your face out in public.

acyl72 on February 19, 2013 at 10:42 AM

lol, you didn’t expect me to suffer alone?

arnold ziffel on February 19, 2013 at 10:41 AM

LOL Touche!

Liam on February 19, 2013 at 10:44 AM

ClassicCon on February 19, 2013 at 2:35 AM

Uhm… Ed? Allahpundit? Mary Katharine? Are you really going to allow a post like this to stand? This was posted at 2:35 am, and yet at 10:46 am it is still there. Absolutely disgusting.

Shump on February 19, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Be realistic about your ability to protect yourself.

Kick off your shoes if you have time and can’t run in them.

Don’t take time to look back; just get away.

If your life is in danger, passive resistance may be your best defense.

Tell your attacker that you have a disease or are menstruating.

Vomiting or urinating may also convince the attacker to leave you alone.

Yelling, hitting or biting may give you a chance to escape, do it!

Understand that some actions on your part might lead to more harm.

What? No mention of scissors? Isn’t that the new, approved method endorsed by the Department of Homeland Security? Just carry scissors – but make sure they’re safety scissors – we don’t want any accidental “pop, pop” “snip, snips” on campus.

Hill60 on February 19, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Hill60 on February 19, 2013 at 10:47 AM

DHS never said anything about carrying. Those scissors must be blunt, and are only to be used when a school shooter is reloading during the shooting.

What are you trying to do–make liberals look bad? (:-P)

Liam on February 19, 2013 at 10:51 AM

Shump on February 19, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Shemp, do you know what that was in response to? It might make you have a little clarity on the situation.

arnold ziffel on February 19, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Shump on February 19, 2013 at 10:46 AM

Considering what every troll is willing to state here on most threads–each and every day–that post about which you object is pretty lightweight, in my opinion.

Liam on February 19, 2013 at 10:57 AM

arnold ziffel on February 19, 2013 at 10:55 AM

First of all, it’s Shump, not Shemp.

Second, yes, I read the original post. It does not justify the absolutely vile post of ClassicCon’s that I posted. There is absolutely no exist for posting garbage like that, regardless of what the original poster had to say.

Shump on February 19, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Wow! A talking jackass with a bow tie…..

Now I’ve seen everything, I guess.

Safe zones? Whistles?

HBowmanMD on February 19, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Lefties freak over #LiberalTips2AvoidRape hashtag, silent on Dems who want women defenseless

But when genius Colorado Democrat Joe Salazar insisted hysterical womenfolk can’t be trusted to accurately identify a rape threat, much less fend one off with anything more powerful than a 9mm whistle? Crickets from the For the Women™ crowd. Perhaps they agree with Salazar: It’s not “rape-rape” until a male Dem gives his stamp of approval, you dumb broads.

And when the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs issued tips for “passive resistance” to rape, like on-demand vomiting and fake menstruation? Chirp, chirp, chirp.

But somehow, the feminist pearl-clutchers found the strength to take up a new cause when they caught wind of @SooperMexican’s #LiberalTips2AvoidRape hashtag.

Colbyjack on February 19, 2013 at 11:01 AM

Shump on February 19, 2013 at 10:59 AM

oh yes, ‘necks, everyone is out to rape your wal-mart electronic cart-riding fattie wives just like armies of black panthers are out to invade your “Hoarders”-style homes which is why you need AR-15′s, right?

you people are paranoid idiots and suckers for the gun manufacturers who are lining their pockets off you rubes at the expense of Sandy Hook, Aurora, etc…

DBear on February 18, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Shump, guess we’ll just have to disagree.

arnold ziffel on February 19, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Shump, guess we’ll just have to disagree.

arnold ziffel on February 19, 2013 at 11:03 AM

Have you ever heard the saying “two wrongs don’t make a right”?

First of all, calling someone fat does not, in my mind, rise to the same level as calling someone a “cumdumpster.” That is so vulgar as to be inexcusable in any context. Regardless, though, even if the two comments were comparable, one should not respond to liberal trolls with the same kind of vile vitriol they throw at us.

Regardless, though, I can’t believe that Mary Katharine is okay with throwing the term “cumdumpster” around.

Shump on February 19, 2013 at 11:08 AM

Shump on February 19, 2013 at 11:08 AM

I grasp your point. But many here are fed up with the comments trolls are allowed to post for too long, with impunity. It’s reasonable–though not necessarily right–to expect return fire on the same level as the troll debased itself.

What I note in your initial objection is that you didn’t say a word about DBear’s post. You went after the other guy. Only when pressed did you finally say, “Yeah, well, that wasn’t right, either. But…”

Trolls are pretty much allowed to get away with anything they want, a situation many of we Conservatives resent. If the mods won’t bring the trolls to heel, then frustration on our side is going to result in crap in/crap back at the liberal. Turning the other cheek is one thing, letting go of slights that don’t mean a lot in the greater scheme of things. But what happens when the assailant goes too far for too long; what happens when the target(s)run out of cheeks?

Condemn the attacker first, I say. Not the retort met on the attacker’s level. When the attackers are stopped from attacking, there is no need for a counter-attack.

Liam on February 19, 2013 at 11:21 AM

“Your missing the whole point. I dont hate women and the rapist dying is not the issue for me. The issue is that most rapes on college campuses are date rapes somehting that most women dont even report let alone would be willing bring out a gun and shoot. Most rapes on campuses are not violent rapes.”

Take it from me, date rape is as traumatic as “rape-rape.” Date rape does not mean the rapist brings flowers and candy. It merely means that the victim knows her perpetrator and was in his company when he decided to rape her.

Date rape is not without force unless the woman has been drugged. It can be every bit as violent as “stranger rape.” Even drunk women attempt to fight off their attackers.

In addition to knowing the perpetrator, the ONLY other difference from “rape-rape” is that women blame themselves more…and so does society. People – and the women themselves – ask whether they did something to “ask for it.” Nevertheless, remember that RAPE IS RAPE and don’t take my word for it. Just ask a Democrat, who argued this same point after Akin made his despicable statement.

You seems to believe that date rapes aren’t violent and are, somehow, not as bad as “stranger rapes.”

Most women are murdered by their partners, not strangers. Are their murders somehow less violent? The data would reflect that homicides committed because of emotion are usually very violent. It is why the murderers destroy their victims’ faces or cause them great suffering before they die.

It is really too bad that you cannot represent Oscar Pistorius. Reeva Steenkamp was shot 4 times and may have had her skull crushed with a cricket bat. If you were Pistorius’ counsel, you could argue that it wasn’t “murder-murder,” but instead it was “date-murder” – and ERYBUDDY NOES DAT BEING MURDERED BY SOMEONE YOU KNOW ISN’T AS BAD AS BEING MURDERED BY A COMPLETE STRANGER!!!

Resist We Much on February 19, 2013 at 11:22 AM

I’m guessing that if the call boxes and rape whistles don’t actually work and a women gets raped and conceives a child this dude would expect the woman to tear it limb from limb so she wouldn’t be “punished with a baby”.

So that’s all good. As long as we women don’t protect ourselves from any grown men we can kill all the little innocent guys we want.

Lily on February 19, 2013 at 11:27 AM

I am sure that our female members of the military who will be put in combat positions will love to have anti-rape pistols. If the Progs only listened to how disconnected their presumed superior logic . Talk bout war against women,,,,unreal.

retiredeagle on February 19, 2013 at 11:28 AM

Rep Salazar must have been president of his college chapter of “Save Our Rapists!!!”

Resist We Much on February 19, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Imagine the MSM reaction if any Republican had said what Salazar said!

bw222 on February 19, 2013 at 11:30 AM

DBear on February 18, 2013 at 11:58 PM

..you know, I wondered about you, but this confirms it. You are a grease-sucking, low-life pinche cabron sin peras with an atrophied brain and a typical sense of illegal immigrant entitlement.

Pound sand, pendejo!

The War Planner on February 19, 2013 at 11:30 AM

shump

Hate to break it to you, but the days of civility are over, and it was the Left that stuck a knife in them. We’re in a war. Time to get mean, or get lost. Something tells me MKH understands the reason for the vitriol, and has a thicker skin than you. Having said that, I’m imposing a ban on myself for 30 days for my clumsy message from last night. My hate for the congressman remains, however. Be back April 1.

teacherman on February 19, 2013 at 11:30 AM

These are the type of idiot people that are elected when you have a pot legalization initiative on the ballot and stoned moron voters turn out in droves.

Meople on February 19, 2013 at 11:32 AM

Because men are stronger than women, I believe if a woman is raped and the man is walking away but she can then grab a gun, she has the right to shoot him in the back dead. You don’t know if he is going to get a ligature plus you have to take your best shot when you have the opportunity.

Blake on February 19, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Resist We Much on February 19, 2013 at 11:22 AM

Anti-gunners, using rape to bolster their point, have no idea what a survivor of rape has to endure.

The animal never caught leaves her in fear.

If he is caught, identified, and charged, the woman has to go though a grand jury, than a trial where the vermin might walk. That, in addition to all the people around here if she reports it–the medical team and the police. She’ll need to be interviewed over and over, maybe also coached by the prosecutor to make the case. Then the counseling she’ll need…the woman’s entire soul gets laid bare over and over, maybe for years.

Beyond their politics-of-the-moment–the cause–liberals know nothing.

When in college when the feminist movement started, I took a course in women’s studies. My professor was a rape victim assaulted by a man she knew. She survived. During that semester, and I was a liberal at the time, I learn a lot of new things my middle class upbringing in those those times never discussed, let alone educated. It ‘didn’t happen’ in my sphere.

In sum, I say let women be armed. If a rapist gets perished trying his thing against an armed woman, his loss.

It’s no loss to anyone else.

Liam on February 19, 2013 at 11:36 AM

If that guy attacked a woman, all she would have to do is spray him with soap, throw a doughnut at him, hold up a mirror, or walk away at a normal pace.

Christien on February 19, 2013 at 11:42 AM

– MKH

Hmmm…
Is this a consistent concern?

verbaluce on February 19, 2013 at 11:42 AM

DBear on February 18, 2013 at 11:58 PM

DBear, I was one of the 25% of college women who are raped. I refuse to simply “lay back, spread my legs, and take another for the gun-control team.”

US violent rape rate: 30.88 per 100,000 inhabitants.

UK violent rape rate: 140.71 per 100,000 inhabitants.

As to AK-15s:

~1.5 million: The estimated number of AR-15s in the United States in 1994.

9.0%: Overall homicide rate in the US in 1994, the year the Assault Weapons Ban was signed.

3,261,725: The number of estimated AR-15s in the United States in 2009.

4.7%: Overall homicide rate in the US in 2011, SEVEN YEARS AFTER THE ASSAULT WEAPONS BAN EXPIRED.

0.012%: Percentage of deaths caused by assault weapons in the United States in 2011.

323: The total number of homicides committed with ALL TYPES OF RIFLES, INCLUDING “ASSAULT RIFLES,” in the United States in 2011.

496: The total number of homicides committed with hammers or other blunt objects in the United States in 2011.

Resist We Much on February 19, 2013 at 11:44 AM

This democrat makes Akin look like freakin Albert Einstein by comparison.

VorDaj on February 19, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Democrat women standing by like nothing happened, just as they did when credible rape accusations were leveled at Bill Clinton. Check.

Completed that thought for you.

MNHawk on February 19, 2013 at 11:53 AM

Shorter Salazar: GET IN MY BELLY!

Christien on February 19, 2013 at 11:54 AM

DBear on February 18, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Speaking of Bill Clinton’s America, thank you for the perspective of those that condone rape in the name of furthering a political agenda.

Chump.

MNHawk on February 19, 2013 at 11:58 AM

fattie wives

DBear on February 18, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Don’t you dare talk about the First Lady like that. Racist.

VorDaj on February 19, 2013 at 11:59 AM