CO Democrat: Even if you feel like you might get raped, you may not, so no guns for you

posted at 9:31 pm on February 18, 2013 by Mary Katharine Ham

Downplaying the threat of rape? Check. Questioning the ability of grown, sentient women to perceive that threat? Check. A man in a position of power presuming to know what’s best for women he knows nothing about? Check. Limiting women’s choices by law in potentially life-threatening situations? Check. Six months ago, this was known as the frightful patriarchy. Now, it’s just another member of the Party of Women doing his part for the good work of gun control.

In arguing for the disarmament of college students in Colorado this week, state Rep. Joe Salazar suggested a novel method of self-defense for women on campus— just chill, ladies.

“It’s why we have call boxes, it’s why we have safe zones, it’s why we have the whistles. Because you just don’t know who you’re gonna be shooting at. And you don’t know if you feel like you’re gonna be raped, or if you feel like someone’s been following you around or if you feel like you’re in trouble when you may actually not be, that you pop out that gun and you pop … pop around at somebody.”

Well, after all, you might not get raped. In Salazar’s world, not only are women incapable of defending themselves against a physical threat, but they are incapable of even identifying a physical threat, and should therefore be deprived of the ability to try. Empowerment! I guess if you are raped, there’s this…safe zone. Look, colleges are welcome to establish safe zones (though criminals are notoriously unobservant of such signage), call boxes, lighted paths, and whistles to help prevent campus attacks. I have benefited from at least a few of these tools, and begrudge no one their use. But I would also like women who choose to arm themselves, in the event that safe zones, call boxes, lights, and whistles don’t work, to retain the right to their chosen tool of prevention.

Revealing Politics has background on the bill in question:

House Bill 13-1226 to prohibit the lawful concealed carry on Colorado college campuses passed the Colorado House of Representatives this morning. Many of the arguments Democrats used to justify the bill included the alcohol and drug use common on campuses coupled with the age and immaturity of average college students. These arguments didn’t resonate with many Republican lawmakers and opponents of the bill who cited Colorado’s intensive training process for obtaining a concealed carry permit and the state’s requirement that permit-holders be 21 years of age, as rebuttal.

Salazar has apologized for revealing how incapable he believes women are. (Notice the framing of the story in local media is not about his comments, but about conservatives objecting to them.)

“I’m sorry if I offended anyone. That was absolutely not my intention,” Salazar said. “We were having a public policy debate on whether or not guns makes people safer on campus. I don’t believe they do. That was the point I was trying to make. If anyone thinks I’m not sensitive to the dangers women face, they’re wrong. “I am a husband and father of two beautiful girls, and I’ve spent the last decade defending women’s rights as a civil rights attorney. Again, I’m deeply sorry if I offended anyone with my comments.”

Charles Cooke notes the University of Colorado’s advice for women under attack. This would be the liberal-sanctioned method of self-defense if the Rep. Salazar method of hoping real hard doesn’t pan out. Passive resistance, bare feet, and your period:

Be realistic about your ability to protect yourself.

Your instinct may be to scream, go ahead! It may startle your attacker and give you an opportunity to run away.

Kick off your shoes if you have time and can’t run in them.

Don’t take time to look back; just get away.

If your life is in danger, passive resistance may be your best defense.

Tell your attacker that you have a disease or are menstruating.

Vomiting or urinating may also convince the attacker to leave you alone.

Yelling, hitting or biting may give you a chance to escape, do it!

Understand that some actions on your part might lead to more harm.

Remember, every emergency situation is different. Only you can decide which action is most appropriate.

“Only you can decide which action is most appropriate.” That is, unless you’d like to use a projectile more potent than vomit, in which case, settle down little missy. You can’t be trusted.

In other “common sense” gun control news, a Washington state bill obliterates the Fourth Amendment for gun owners. Oops:

It seemed in recent weeks lawmakers might be headed toward some common-sense regulation of gun sales. But then last week they went too far. By mistake, they claim. But still too far.

“They always say, we’ll never go house to house to take your guns away. But then you see this, and you have to wonder.”

That’s no gun-rights absolutist talking, but Lance Palmer, a Seattle trial lawyer and self-described liberal who brought the troubling Senate Bill 5737 to my attention. It’s the long-awaited assault-weapons ban, introduced last week by three Seattle Democrats.

Responding to the Newtown school massacre, the bill would ban the sale of semi-automatic weapons that use detachable ammunition magazines. Clips that contain more than 10 rounds would be illegal.

But then, with respect to the thousands of weapons like that already owned by Washington residents, the bill says this:

“In order to continue to possess an assault weapon that was legally possessed on the effective date of this section, the person possessing shall … safely and securely store the assault weapon. The sheriff of the county may, no more than once per year, conduct an inspection to ensure compliance with this subsection.”

In other words, come into homes without a warrant to poke around. Failure to comply could get you up to a year in jail.

When the sheriff shows up, try vomiting or urinating.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

wolly4321 on February 18, 2013 at 10:07 PM

You knew what I meant. LoL
Do snapcaps come in .38?

annoyinglittletwerp on February 18, 2013 at 10:10 PM

What a piece of slime.

Anything to advance the glorious cause, comrades! If a few women have to endure rape because they might have not had a scary-looking gun handy to defend themselves, then it’s worth it. DISARM RAPE VICTIMS NOW! FORWARD!

Good Lt on February 18, 2013 at 10:10 PM

didn’t OwS setup ‘safe tents’ to keep the womens from gettin’ raped? how’d that work out????

ted c on February 18, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Depends on your point of view. Being at OWS maybe was just asking to be occupied.

arnold ziffel on February 18, 2013 at 10:11 PM

They voted for it.

Let it burn.

Neo on February 18, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Solaratov on February 18, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Liberal men have an inate fear that conservative women can OVERPOWER them!!

We sure can!! Bwuahhhhh…

They control their women like Stepford Wives…

We are on the other hand rather independent!

Sucks to be a liberal man!

Scrumpy on February 18, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Good Lt on February 18, 2013 at 10:10 PM

If someone attempts to rape me…it’ll be their last mistake.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 18, 2013 at 10:12 PM

The only cure for rapists is delivered at the end of gun.

Damn these kind to hell.

portlandon on February 18, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Next they will take away the rape whistles because if the noise pollution.

Damn these kind to hell.

portlandon on February 18, 2013 at 10:15 PM

I go every Tuesday that Spawn isn’t working(He’s my ride).
After I get my CHL, I can WALK to the range. I also dry-fire every day.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 18, 2013 at 9:50 PM

You what?

Bishop on February 18, 2013 at 9:52 PM

I ignored that part..
You should do..:)

Electrongod on February 18, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Some clarity needed; what part of that are we “ignoring?”

You’re not implying there’s a double-entendre in her comment, are you?

listens2glenn on February 18, 2013 at 10:15 PM

listens2glenn on February 18, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Exactly!! Lmao!!

Scrumpy on February 18, 2013 at 10:15 PM

I also dry-fire every day.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 18, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Buy a set of “Snap Caps” for dry firing…

And use them. Your gun will appreciate it.

Work on that smooth trigger press.

Solaratov on February 18, 2013 at 10:15 PM

I really don’t understand the world view some of these liberals have.

Vomiting, urinating, and screaming are acceptable forms of self defense but carrying a firearm isn’t?

These people openly admit that college campuses are rampant with drug and alcohol use, so they shouldn’t allow guns.

Little do they know that college students will continue to carry on campus despite the rules.

Flashwing on February 18, 2013 at 10:15 PM

@Scrumpy You could always go for a lit cig to the rapists eye. :-)

tommy71 on February 18, 2013 at 10:16 PM

listens2glenn on February 18, 2013 at 10:15 PM

You can shut it too. *sneers*

annoyinglittletwerp on February 18, 2013 at 10:16 PM

A Safe Zone! Of course, all law abiding rapists will respect the Safe Zone and would never consider raping a woman if she was in the Safe Zone because that would be wrong.

It does raise the question, are Democrats born this stupid or do they learn it through our spectacular education system.

talkingpoints on February 18, 2013 at 10:17 PM

tommy71 on February 18, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Oh yeah!! Lol… Hmmmmm :-)

Scrumpy on February 18, 2013 at 10:17 PM

The only cure for rapists is delivered at the end of gun.

Damn these kind to hell.

portlandon on February 18, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Yep. This. ^^^

PatriotGal2257 on February 18, 2013 at 10:17 PM

What is with all the Salazars in Colorado? Don’t they make a spray for that? No, apparently they like how CO is getting more trash voters from CA. I have had my doubts though for many years going back to Gary Hart and Pat cry me a river Schroeder.

arnold ziffel on February 18, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Democrats Have A Full-Blown Akin On Their Hands
Colorado Democrat: Women Don’t Need Guns If They ‘Feel Like They’re Going To Be Raped’
Chill, women, says Colorado Democrat Rep. Joe Salazar. While arguing for the disarmament of college students, Salazar says that even if women feel like they’re going to be raped, they may not, so who needs a firearm for protection?

Colbyjack on February 18, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Yes, nonpartisan, woman will rampage across the Hinterland…mowing down unsuspecting men, claiming they were the rapey kind…

Bands of armed marauders are – as we speak – rolling across the prairies with their CHL’S in one hand, their Peacemakers in the other…gunning down the innocent, the meek…

The only thing standing between the marauding, armed hordes of Bitter Clingers: the trusted White-Hat wearing Democrats with their assault pens and Safe- Zones…their Silver Whistles of Truth blasting forth a cacophony of Truth to Power the likes of which God himself has never seen…

catmman on February 18, 2013 at 10:19 PM

When the sheriff shows up, try vomiting or urinating.

I’ll tell him I’m menstruating.

arik1969 on February 18, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Well, OK. I’ll try that too, but I don’t think he’s gonna buy it.

Solaratov on February 18, 2013 at 10:20 PM

This guy deserves a swift kick to the nuts.

I hope this jerk, and every other idiot like him, has a wife and/or daughter get raped.

teacherman on February 18, 2013 at 9:42 PM

FYI: Don’t wish rape on anyone. Ever.

Having had both a little sister and an ex-girlfriend who were (in the ex’s case serially abused by a male relative for over a decade) I can personally assure you it ain’t exactly an easy thing to help them cope with and it can destroy a person for a long long long time.

SgtSVJones on February 18, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Colbyjack on February 18, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Yep, but it won’t go any further than there and here…

Scrumpy on February 18, 2013 at 10:20 PM

I’m sitting here trying to think of something appropriately snarky yet irate to say…but I just don’t even know where to start: Vomit on your rapist…go to a ‘safe zone’ with a whistle, ‘here’s some advise that might get you into more harm.’ The Left wants to disallow women from protecting themselves…obviously the Left thinks rape is no biggie.

Jackalope on February 18, 2013 at 10:20 PM

I think women shooting a potential rapist in the balls will send the best message.

redguy on February 18, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Thread winner.

listens2glenn on February 18, 2013 at 10:20 PM

You’re not implying there’s a double-entendre in her comment, are you?

listens2glenn on February 18, 2013 at 10:15 PM

The dry firing…

It was a “inside jobk”

Electrongod on February 18, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Yes, ALT,, snapcaps come in .38. not expensive.

Also,, work your way up to +P rounds. You can still plink with regular .38 rounds, but for defense loads carry +P.

wolly4321 on February 18, 2013 at 10:20 PM

just hit ‘em with your purse, ladies.
/CO Democrat.

ted c on February 18, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Next they will take away the rape whistles because if the noise pollution.

Damn these kind to hell.

portlandon on February 18, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Haham noise pollution, crazy concept. That and “light pollition” are amazing examples of spoiled people who really don’t know how good they’ve got it.

thebrokenrattle on February 18, 2013 at 10:21 PM

teacherman on February 18, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Teacherman needs a quick lesson from the ban hammer. Pronto!

Scrumpy on February 18, 2013 at 10:21 PM

I mean c’mon….if a safe zone and a whistle will protect her, then her body can surely also determine when the rape is really legitimate or not, right?

ted c on February 18, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Solaratov on February 18, 2013 at 10:15 PM

I just googled them. Is there any brand that y’all would recommend?

annoyinglittletwerp on February 18, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Maybe they can get everyone that voted for this bill to vomit in unison, on command. That would be an interesting video.

talkingpoints on February 18, 2013 at 10:24 PM

listens2glenn on February 18, 2013 at 10:15 PM

You can shut it too. *sneers*

annoyinglittletwerp on February 18, 2013 at 10:16 PM

I guess that answers my question.

At first, I thought they were casting dispersions on “dry firing”.

That’s how I learned to shoot rifle, many moons ago.

listens2glenn on February 18, 2013 at 10:24 PM

wolly4321 on February 18, 2013 at 10:20 PM

I’ve already gotten some .38+p rounds JUST for self defense. I’ve fired off 2 rounds just to see how they felt, If I have to fire anymore of my hollowpoints -it’s ‘for real’.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 18, 2013 at 10:26 PM

ted c on February 18, 2013 at 10:22 PM

You know women, many of us have an internal sense of who the creeps are…

Just looking at a man, I can for sure tell if the guy is the pervy slimy sort.

Clinton, Menendez, Reid, so many have that sleazy thing going for them.

They all give me the creeps and heebie jeebies…

Scrumpy on February 18, 2013 at 10:26 PM

I wonder what that idiot legislator’s position is on women in combat?

soundingboard on February 18, 2013 at 10:27 PM

The best cure for a rapist: a knife aimed at just the right spot. One in each hand.

HiJack on February 18, 2013 at 10:28 PM

More brilliance from Colorado

Jackalope on February 18, 2013 at 10:28 PM

There has to be some bigtime LA gang planning a move to Colorado.Gonna be easy pickings and lots of women to rape.The democrats just put out a huge invitation.

docflash on February 18, 2013 at 10:28 PM

I think he has a point. Otherwise, a woman can just kill a man randomly and than claim that she thought he was going to rape her.

nonpartisan on February 18, 2013 at 9:35 PM

She probably will use shiny lipstick and a short skirt to lure them in for the kill….the vixen./

IDIOT.

MontanaMmmm on February 18, 2013 at 10:28 PM

soundingboard on February 18, 2013 at 10:27 PM

A lot of WOMEN don’t support women in combat.
I certainly don’t.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 18, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Anybody else having trouble posting links lately? Here’s the one I posted above http://www.coloradoan.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2013302180004&nclick_check=1

Jackalope on February 18, 2013 at 10:29 PM

I’ve spent the last decade defending women’s rights as a civil rights attorney.

In other words, he only gives a sh-t about women when it comes to shoving them through the front door of an abortion clinic.

If you ask me, the guy looks like a muslim.

Sounds like one too.

CurtZHP on February 18, 2013 at 10:30 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on February 18, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Truth be told you don’t really need them for a modern gun unless it’s a rimfire or some falling-block rifles, then they are mandatory. But since guns are all about good, consistent handling practices you don’t want to get into the habit of dry firing them and then doing so with a rimfire that isn’t snap-capped.

So, 6 of 1 and a half dozen of the other.

Bishop on February 18, 2013 at 10:30 PM

My Mom got my older (broke in) Ruger P95. Took her shooting with it a few times first. She’s a good shot. Great ladys gun. Light, 15+1. low recoil, simple to use. Same reasons I bought a new one for me.

wolly4321 on February 18, 2013 at 10:30 PM

teacherman on February 18, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Teacherman needs a quick lesson from the ban hammer. Pronto!

Scrumpy on February 18, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Scrumpy, what he said was very harsh and I would not have said it or wished that on anyone. However, it is very difficult to not get personal with someone who said what jackass Salazar did. Re-read his crap and non-apology and understand why passions are getting inflamed. The other day on HA or Michelle’s site they showed a pic of a white hippie girl with support Dorner bs. on her. My wife who is very quiet and reserved lit off with teacherman stuff.

arnold ziffel on February 18, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Sucks to be a liberal man!

Scrumpy on February 18, 2013 at 10:12 PM

“liberal man”?

Isn’t that an oxymoron? :)

Solaratov on February 18, 2013 at 10:31 PM

Jackalope on February 18, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Funny, that #%^*fool Colorado politician’s comments sound remarkably similar to a former Texas gubernatorial candidate who infamously made a comment to reporters around a campfire to the effect, “it’s like rape, sometimes it’s inevitable, so you may as well sit back and enjoy it”. Funny thing, that candidate was resoundingly defeated, mostly because of the outrage that comment caused and the media frenzy in making sure that everybody and their brother and sister heard about the comment, multiple times, every hour on the hour. Of course, that candidate was a Republican, so of course the press was absolutely committed to his defeat. In this case, the press is on the democrat’s payroll, so this will, at most, get a peripheral mention on the midnight news. All the talk shows will cover it, but that is just preaching to the choir.

AZfederalist on February 18, 2013 at 10:31 PM

nonpartisan on February 18, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Why am I not surprised one of the trolls would defend this dope? What exactly do they have against empowered young women?

CurtZHP on February 18, 2013 at 10:31 PM

redguy on February 18, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Thread winner.

listens2glenn on February 18, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Thread winner? Wait a minute! Isn’t any guy a potential rapist?

HiJack on February 18, 2013 at 10:32 PM

all real mexicans love guns. this joe salazar dude musta been born in northern france.

renalin on February 18, 2013 at 10:32 PM

You know women, many of us have an internal sense of who the creeps are…

Just looking at a man, I can for sure tell if the guy is the pervy slimy sort.

Clinton, Menendez, Reid, so many have that sleazy thing going for them.

They all give me the creeps and heebie jeebies…

Scrumpy on February 18, 2013 at 10:26 PM

Well there lil’ missy….you just keep yourself walking in them safe zones and keep that thar lil’ whistle handy. If you happen to see one of them varmints, jus’ give a holler’n and carry’n on and the deputies ‘ll be on the way toot sweet.

ted c on February 18, 2013 at 10:32 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on February 18, 2013 at 10:28 PM

Wouldn’t be my first course of action either.

But I’ll bet that dumbass Salazar is just fine with it.

soundingboard on February 18, 2013 at 10:33 PM

When the sheriff shows up, try vomiting or urinating.

lol

El_Terrible on February 18, 2013 at 10:34 PM

Jackalope on February 18, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Yep, this is how the Left thinks in a nutshell. I’m way past trying to understand that mentality.

Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

PatriotGal2257 on February 18, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats.
- H. L. Mencken

rayra on February 18, 2013 at 10:40 PM

about a gun control advocate who is a convicted rapist and sex offender:

mittens on February 18, 2013 at 10:42 PM

annoyinglittletwerp on February 18, 2013 at 10:22 PM

A-Zoom is good

But just stop in at your local gun shop and see what they have in stock. Try to get some in red. That way, you can be sure you have the right thing in the gun; and you won’t get them mixed with real ammo by mistake.

Solaratov on February 18, 2013 at 10:43 PM

Hey Ladies: Joe Salazar is worried that you might hurt a rapist!

LilyBart on February 18, 2013 at 10:45 PM

Empowered = bisexual, abortion having, Democrat supporting, feminist literature professor indoctrinating the next generation to blame men for all societal ills. If you start letting the little darlings defend themselves, think for themselves, and make judgments about the intentions of others, then all the sudden you have an intelligent individual. Intelligent individuals are just so HARD to deal with.

Zoomie on February 18, 2013 at 10:46 PM

nonpartisan

Women with guns could do that now, sh*t for brains. What’s wrong, afraid you won’t be able to get laid if college girls are armed?

xblade on February 18, 2013 at 10:49 PM

I ruined a S&W .22 escort dry-firing. Broke a pin in a Savage 110.
Even in a revolver, done too much you may not hurt the gun severely, but you cause the hammer to fall more deeply quicker. Punctured primers. Without the impact with a primer or snapcap done too much you flatten out the landing area quicker. Usually those two surfaces contact softly. The hammer never slams that surface full force.

We had a couple of revolvers in our shop that were landed out and punched through primers. Face full of blowback.

wolly4321 on February 18, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Surprised he didn’t say “women’s bodies have a way of preventing rape”.

cirrus on February 18, 2013 at 11:00 PM

Thread winner? Wait a minute! Isn’t any guy a potential rapist?

HiJack on February 18, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Allegedly

Solaratov on February 18, 2013 at 11:00 PM

People voted for this ass hole? Oh well, “As ye sow, so shall ye reap”. You’re welcome to him!!!

Jersey Dan on February 18, 2013 at 11:06 PM

“Tell your attacker that you have a disease or are menstruating.”

And knowing is half the battle! GI JOE-Salazar. He’s looking out for you!

oryguncon on February 18, 2013 at 11:09 PM

PASSIVE RESISTANCE if your life is in danger?

Seriously, are they insane? If my life is in danger, I may going to go down but I’m going to try to kill the son of a bitch. And it won’t be with a freaking whistle. Unless that includes me slamming that piece of metal into the joker’s trachea.

GeeWhiz on February 18, 2013 at 11:11 PM

annoyingtwerp et al.

This scum doesn’t care about my wife or daughters (or anyone else’s) I don’t give a sh!t about his. Deal with it.

teacherman on February 18, 2013 at 11:16 PM

The most painful part of being against progressivism is that they never just go straight for it. If they act like fascists (tyranny thru regulation) then they win (slowly and over a long time). Just come out and be the communists you really want to be.

nobar on February 18, 2013 at 11:16 PM

DEMOCRATS DON’T CARE IF COLLEGE GIRLS ARE RAPED!

LSM headline in an alternate universe somewhere.

Dr. ZhivBlago on February 18, 2013 at 11:18 PM

Wait a minute! Isn’t any guy a potential rapist?

HiJack on February 18, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Same as with rifles, “assault male”.

riddick on February 18, 2013 at 11:36 PM

but you cause the hammer to fall more deeply quicker.

wolly4321 on February 18, 2013 at 10:49 PM

Key word. Striker fired guns don’t care.

riddick on February 18, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Key word. Striker fired guns don’t care.

riddick on February 18, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Glock recommends Snap Caps if you’re going to do a lot of dry firing.

Don’t know what they consider “a lot”, though.

Solaratov on February 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM

I’m sorry but, No entity, not this D scumbag, not SCOTUS, not anyone, has the right to deny anyone their Devine Right to self defense, as stated in the 2nd Amendment of the Bill of Rights.
“Shall not be infringed” needs no explanation by SCOTUS.
Any woman in CO should carry, and when attacked, shoot the bastard.
As many times as necessary to kill.
No testimony from the “victim”.

dirtengineer on February 18, 2013 at 11:45 PM

And this was what I was warning against in the Dorner threads and everyone was on my case about. No worries though, since the cops are so trustworthy and all.

What could possibly go wrong?

Benaiah on February 18, 2013 at 11:46 PM

Representing Thornton, huh?

I had my money on Boulder.

NoPain on February 18, 2013 at 11:55 PM

oh yes, ‘necks, everyone is out to rape your wal-mart electronic cart-riding fattie wives just like armies of black panthers are out to invade your “Hoarders”-style homes which is why you need AR-15′s, right?

you people are paranoid idiots and suckers for the gun manufacturers who are lining their pockets off you rubes at the expense of Sandy Hook, Aurora, etc…

DBear on February 18, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Yes, liberals are just this stupid.

ORconservative on February 19, 2013 at 12:01 AM

DBear on February 18, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Azzwhole, I’m 5’2, around 120, and don’t drive. I walk EVERYWHERE. I walk only during light hours and stick primarily to main drags still, I’ve had a few occasions recently where ‘gentlemen’ have invited me into their cars for a ride. My final paperwork for my TX CHL goes into the mail tomorrow. I hope to hell I never have to use my weapon,but if it ever comes to that, I’ll be ready. My lefty women get off on being victims. I REFUSE to be a victim!

annoyinglittletwerp on February 19, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Remind me again about WHO is conducting that “war on women”.
Guess the libs feel that, since they’re providing women with FREE birth control, that whole thing about “rape” should not be of any concern. After all, it’s not as though there will be any consequences.

Just ask the Kenndeys.

GarandFan on February 19, 2013 at 12:16 AM

DBear on February 18, 2013 at 11:58 PM

thanks for that candid view from Gomorrah.

tom daschle concerned on February 19, 2013 at 12:20 AM

DBear on February 18, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Quit talking about your mother so much. We don’t want to hear about your mommy issues

Sekhmet on February 19, 2013 at 12:23 AM

DBear on February 18, 2013 at 11:58 PM

Way late to the party. Timing on these things is crucial…I suppose your girlfriend could tell us all about that other timing problem you have.

a capella on February 19, 2013 at 12:31 AM

a capella on February 19, 2013 at 12:31 AM

“Girlfriend”?

I’m pretty sure that liveasaslaveanddie is more his type.

Of course, he’d still have that ‘timing’ thing going on.

Solaratov on February 19, 2013 at 12:37 AM

DBear on February 18, 2013 at 11:58 PM

First, you’re a racist of the first order. You are hand’s down the most ignorant bigot posting on Hot Air. Second, ask yourself this question you narrow-minded hate filled piece of dog squeeze. What else besides the in-your-face animosity supplied by you Chris Dorner cheering leftist would any sane person need to feel uncomfortable about giving up their weapons?

I don’t do it much but I’m forwarding your comment to the mods. You need to be banned. Any equivalent comment in sterotypes directed at minorities oin this site would be a sure banning.

hawkdriver on February 19, 2013 at 12:37 AM

DBear on February 18, 2013 at 11:58 PM

DBear, why don’t you go back to sucking on Uncle Sugar’s tit where you belong? You’re smarter than the average libtard and understand what’s going to happen when the welfare gravy train stops dead in its tracks, but you can’t bring yourself to admit that the statist policies of the Donks are leading us all to ruin. What an ignorant ass.

HiJack on February 19, 2013 at 12:46 AM

@dbear

Fah-Q. Azzhole.

portlandon on February 19, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Maybe we can get the Ad Council to sponsor an educational push to get would be rapists to at least wear a condom.

WryTrvllr on February 19, 2013 at 1:10 AM

Like…

Protection is your parole connection

WryTrvllr on February 19, 2013 at 1:12 AM

hawkdriver on February 19, 2013 at 12:37 AM

First of all, WHAAAAA! cry me a river, snitch. Apparently you have never been on any of the Trayvon Martin or Obama cell-phone lady threads, but of course you have, you are just playing dumb in order to get me banned, quite the big man aren’t you! oh wait, of course you aren’t that’s why you need such a big gun I’m sure!

DBear on February 19, 2013 at 1:13 AM

Or..

Hey, it’s thinner than a jump suit.

WryTrvllr on February 19, 2013 at 1:13 AM

Or maybe we could just request the ladies empty the whole clip and save us a couple bucks.

WryTrvllr on February 19, 2013 at 1:15 AM

I guess this Democrat wants to create “Free Rape Zones” for his friends. You know, to make it easier for his fellow Democrats.

Joel_The_Oneth on February 19, 2013 at 1:16 AM

DBear on February 19, 2013 at 1:13 AM

Your comments have always been worse. You’re a bigot. A hate filled bigot. The left owns it though so be proud. I’ll tell you what though. We’ll have a bigot off. I’ll match you comment for comment, racist names directed at whites compared to what you can find directed against minorities here on Hot Air.

Game?

hawkdriver on February 19, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Crap! That bumper sticker should up have been:

The democrat party:
Turning citizens into subjects, one law at a time

AZfederalist on February 18, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Cleombrotus on February 19, 2013 at 1:22 AM

As far as all those Fat A$$ed ‘necks, you should SEE where the urban types are putting their silicone injections!

WryTrvllr on February 19, 2013 at 1:26 AM

So just relax and enjoy the rape? Is that his advice?

Well, Democrats have always preferred rapists. Look how much they loved Clinton. But I don’t mean to suggest that most Democrats are rapists; most would rather be the victim.

iconoclast on February 19, 2013 at 1:30 AM