Quotes of the day

posted at 8:01 pm on February 17, 2013 by Allahpundit

A draft of a White House immigration proposal obtained by USA TODAY would allow illegal immigrants to become legal permanent residents within eight years

According to the White House draft, people would need to pass a criminal background check, submit biometric information and pay fees to qualify for the new visa. If approved, they would be allowed to legally reside in the U.S. for four years, work and leave the country for short periods of time. After the four years, they could then reapply for an extension…

The immigrants could then apply for legal permanent residence, commonly known as a green card, within eight years if they learn English and “the history and government of the United States” and pay back taxes. That would then clear the path for them to apply for U.S. citizenship…

The draft obtained by USA TODAY does not include sections that would alter the nation’s legal immigration system to adjust the future flow of legal immigrants, which is expected to be a critical component of any immigration overhaul.

***

U.S. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) issued the following statement regarding new details about President Obama’s immigration plan, as first reported by USA Today:

“It’s a mistake for the White House to draft immigration legislation without seeking input from Republican members of Congress. President Obama’s leaked immigration proposal is disappointing to those of us working on a serious solution. The President’s bill repeats the failures of past legislation. It fails to follow through on previously broken promises to secure our borders, creates a special pathway that puts those who broke our immigration laws at an advantage over those who chose to do things the right way and come here legally, and does nothing to address guest workers or future flow, which serious immigration experts agree is critical to preventing future influxes of illegal immigrants.

“Much like the President’s self-described ‘stop gap’ Deferred Action measure last year, this legislation is half-baked and seriously flawed. It would actually make our immigration problems worse, and would further undermine the American people’s confidence in Washington’s ability to enforce our immigration laws and reform our broken immigration system.

“If actually proposed, the President’s bill would be dead on arrival in Congress, leaving us with unsecured borders and a broken legal immigration system for years to come.”

***

“This is the president torpedoing his own plan. It shows me that he’s really not serious,” Mr. Paul, Kentucky Republican, said on “Fox News Sunday.”

“There are many people who think Democrats bring up these ideas as wedge issues, they don’t really ever want to pass them because then they would no longer have the Republicans to blame. They set themselves up for failure by putting something up there that’s untenable.

“It seems to me to show that really the president doesn’t want immigration reform.”

***

This morning, Representative Paul Ryan had no kind words for the president’s proposed immigration legislation and the White House’s decision to leak it yesterday. He explained that “leaking this out sets things in the wrong direction,” “makes [immigration reform] that much more difficult.”

The congressman laid out his criticism in blunt terms, saying that the question from the beginning on this immigration debate has been, “Is the president looking for partisan advantage, or a bipartisan law?” The White House’s release of its own plan at this time, Ryan said, is a clear indication that the president is doing the former, “looking for partisan advantage,” which is “counterproductive” for actual efforts to reform the U.S. immigration system.

***

Schumer, a New York Democrat and a close ally to the White House, said he has not seen the draft proposals but, along with the Democrats working on a compromise, met with Obama this week to talk about progress being made on Capitol Hill. Schumer acknowledged that a single-party proposal would have a much more difficult time becoming law and urged the bipartisan group of senators to keep meeting to find common ground.

“I am very hopeful that in March we will have a bipartisan bill,” Schumer said. “And, you know, it’s obvious if a Democrat — the president or anyone else — puts out what they want on their own, (it) is going to be different than when you have a bipartisan agreement. But the only way we’re going to get something done is with a bipartisan agreement.”

***

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

Denis McDonough, the president’s top White House official, said Mr. Obama’s aides are continuing to work with a bipartisan group of senators despite harsh criticism Saturday night from a key Republican after a newspaper reported what it said were details of the administration’s immigration plan.

“We’ve not proposed anything to Capitol Hill yet,” Mr. McDonough said on ABC’s “This Week” in his first appearance as chief of staff. “We’re just going to be ready. We have developed each of these proposals so we have them in a position so that we can succeed.”…

“He says it’s dead on arrival if proposed?” Mr. McDonough said of Mr. Rubio’s comments. “Well, let’s make sure that it doesn’t have to be proposed, let’s make sure that that group up there, the gang of eight, makes some good progress on these efforts, as much as they say they want to. That’s exactly what we intend to do, to work with them.”

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Why does the MSM give him any attention? They shouldn’t give him the time of the day.

tommy71 on February 17, 2013 at 11:59 PM

…its like a crack habit!…why do they give Pelosi, Jackson, Sharpton, Reid, McCain, Schumer, Warren etc. any attention…they’re just as crazy!…You think Pelosi is sane?

KOOLAID2 on February 18, 2013 at 12:15 AM

22044 on February 18, 2013 at 12:08 AM

Sleep well.

KCB on February 18, 2013 at 12:15 AM

Resist We Much on February 17, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Very late on the reply (different time zone), but thank you for that – it boggles the mind!

OldEnglish on February 18, 2013 at 12:16 AM

How did bluegill comport itself today? A bit subdued maybe? Anybody notice any changes?

tommy71 on February 18, 2013 at 12:12 AM

Why would there be changes? Something happen?

KCB on February 18, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Our beloved pathetic president hasn’t an original thought in his brainwashed head.

He is no friend of the Constitution, or of the office which he unfortunately holds. A “Constitutional Scholar” would hold dear the protections of the Second Amendment, were he not philosophically against said principals.

The lame media did not do its job in the run-up to the 2008 election; in fact, they did all they could to obfuscate the facts.

hillbillyjim on February 17, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Every point you made is correct sir. However, write off the media and be more troubled by the fact that McCain and Ronmey like the feeling of their thumbs up the ass rather than bringing those same points up to the attention of apparently too many people.

arnold ziffel on February 18, 2013 at 12:17 AM

@KA2 Pelosi, Reid, Schumer and Warren are mainstream opposition pols. Jones is something else altogether. :-)

tommy71 on February 18, 2013 at 12:19 AM

OldEnglish on February 18, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Are you in Merry Olde England?

Scrumpy on February 18, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Ken, I gave bluegill a little friendly advise in the am QOTD. Didn’t disparage or insult, just friendly advise. He/she seemed amenable to my suggestions. Thats why I asked.

tommy71 on February 18, 2013 at 12:22 AM

tommy71 on February 18, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Geez, I hope it worked. You are a good man Charlie Brown.

KCB on February 18, 2013 at 12:24 AM

Totally getting the broad brush out, and being vague and somewhat desperate…but do you guys think we have a chance of getting the country back on the right track? Is the future for our children really as dire as it seems today?

Jackalope on February 18, 2013 at 12:25 AM

BREAKING NEWS: Tragic country star Mindy McCready ‘shoots herself dead’ at 37 just days after being released from rehab

Resist We Much on February 17, 2013 at 11:09 PM

I just got back from following your link, which lead to other links, and so on . . . . .

I didn’t know much about her before this, so I won’t claim to miss her.
But I read that she left two young children behind, and they will. : (

listens2glenn on February 18, 2013 at 12:26 AM

tommy71 on February 18, 2013 at 12:12 AM

…at around 8 AM this morning…someone farted on the QOTD thread!…fumes were visibly coming out of my monitor…my eyes stung…the hair all fell out of my nose…the cats all buried their head in the litter box…and the dog jumped out of the window when I tried to air out the room…it was 7 degrees outside!…so, no!…even the smell was not subdued!

KOOLAID2 on February 18, 2013 at 12:28 AM

tommy71 on February 18, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Nah, tommy she’s plenty tame unless you say the wrong word.

arnold ziffel on February 18, 2013 at 12:28 AM

But I read that she left two young children behind, and they will. : (

listens2glenn on February 18, 2013 at 12:26 AM

A nine month old…SOOOO tragic, post-partum depression maybe involved too. sigh.

Jackalope on February 18, 2013 at 12:29 AM

tommy71 on February 18, 2013 at 12:22 AM

What did you say to Bluegill?

Scrumpy on February 18, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Hi Ziff,

Are you in the mood for computer gibberish?

CHECKOUTWIZ + ‘checkout-router.php?step=’ + step + s + ‘&responseID=CHECKOUT-GUTS’ + ‘&spinnerDiv=’ + spinDiv

SparkPlug on February 18, 2013 at 12:31 AM

I hope you all will not think me morbid, but the above news is but the beginning when the total cosmic economic hammer to the head hits home when Obamacare takes hold and ruins lives left and right.

It’s coming if we don’t get a hell of a lot stronger and say EFF NO.

hillbillyjim on February 18, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Scrumpy on February 18, 2013 at 12:30 AM

This will program the magic * ball to find my stolen rum

copyBuffer = null;rumCount++ if (traitor==’hotair’) {stab(‘them’)}

SparkPlug on February 18, 2013 at 12:33 AM

My thoughts exactly, Hillbillyjim

Jackalope on February 18, 2013 at 12:33 AM

tommy71 on February 18, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Nah, tommy she’s plenty tame unless you say the wrong word.

arnold ziffel on February 18, 2013 at 12:28 AM

Just mention Palin and he/she’s like nitroglycerin in a paint mixer.

viking01 on February 18, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Doesn’t Bluegill know that she be-clowns herself with her unrelenting obsession…and that being so deranged all the time negates any points she might accidentally make?

answer hint *no, she doesn’t*

Jackalope on February 18, 2013 at 12:39 AM

@Scrumpy Just a bit of friendly advise. Thats all. Look it up if you wish. Sorry, my device doesn’t enable me to post links. :-)

tommy71 on February 18, 2013 at 12:40 AM

tommy71 on February 18, 2013 at 12:22 AM

What did you say to Bluegill?

Scrumpy on February 18, 2013 at 12:30 AM

Just went back and read it. Valiant effort Tommy! Any rational person would reflect on their actions and seriously consider your wise council. Unfortunately, the word Palin makes her Batsh!t crazy. She can’t stop herself! I thought for a long time it was some kind of satire. Nope. She is for real.

KCB on February 18, 2013 at 12:41 AM

hillbillyjim on February 18, 2013 at 12:31 AM

I think we are all tragically awaiting that hammer to fall.

It is not gonna be pretty.

The news that dribbles out about it, is nothing like 0 said it would be.

It is done for nefarious reasons.

We shall all suffer for it.

How we shall suffer? One only need look to history and see what has happened to other nations whose finances have gone out of control.

People speak about Zimbabwe, will we get as bad as that?

I don’t think so.

We may end up like Greece or some other EU country going broke.

Will there be riots in the streets?

Your guess is as good as mine.

I do believe inflation will hit and hit hard… no amount of printing money will help but will worsen it.

Should the govt actually physically run out of money, and no one will lend us any, I do not know what will happen.

Will the gov’t actually steal americans savings? I have heard that.

The poor ones are the ones who will be hit hardest, and who will cry out to the gov’t for help and none will come.

If that happens, we be in a whole heap of trouble.

I can only hope and pray that the people elected come to their senses long before that.

0 is a stubborn bastage, he wants what he wants, and nothing less.

He will be our demise.

Scrumpy on February 18, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Evening all.

CoffeeLover on February 18, 2013 at 12:44 AM

tommy71 on February 18, 2013 at 12:40 AM

You are a sweety to try :-)

I hope she listened, cuz sometimes she says something that makes sense!

Scrumpy on February 18, 2013 at 12:44 AM

CoffeeLover on February 18, 2013 at 12:44 AM

Good evening! Or good morning as the case maybe!

Scrumpy on February 18, 2013 at 12:45 AM

hillbillyjim on February 18, 2013 at 12:31 AM

I think we are all tragically awaiting that hammer to fall.

It is not gonna be pretty.

The news that dribbles out about it, is nothing like 0 said it would be.

It is done for nefarious reasons.

We shall all suffer for it.

People speak about Zimbabwe, will we get as bad as that?

I don’t think so.

We may end up like Greece or some other EU country going broke.

Will there be riots in the streets?

Your guess is as good as mine.

Will the gov’t actually steal americans savings? I have heard that.

If that happens, we be in a whole heap of trouble.

0 is a stubborn bastage, he wants what he wants, and nothing less.

He will be our demise.

Scrumpy on February 18, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Well said, and it bears repeating. Thank you.

hillbillyjim on February 18, 2013 at 12:47 AM

A continuation of The Culprit Fay by Joseph Rodman Drake.

III.

‘Tis the hour of fairy ban and spell:
The wood-tick has kept the minutes well;
He has counted them all with click and stroke,
Deep in the heart of the mountain oak,
And he has awakened the sentry elve
Who sleeps with him in the haunted tree,
To bid him ring the hour of twelve,
And call the fays to their revelry;
Twelve small strokes on his tinkling bell -
(‘Twas made of the white snail’s pearly shell:- )
“Midnight comes, and all is well!
Hither, hither, wing your way!
‘Tis the dawn of the fairy day.”

IV.

They come from beds of lichen green,
They creep from the mullen’s velvet screen;
Some on the backs of beetles fly
From the silver tops of moon-touched trees,
Where they swung in their cobweb hammocks high,
And rock’d about in the evening breeze;
Some from the hum-bird’s downy nest -
They had driven him out by elfin power,
And pillowed on plumes of his rainbow breast,
Had slumbered there till the charmed hour;
Some had lain in the scoop of the rock,
With glittering ising-stars inlaid;
And some had opened the four-o’clock,
And stole within its purple shade.
And now they throng the moonlight glade,
Above – below – on every side,
Their little minim forms arrayed
In the tricksy pomp of fairy pride!

Scrumpy on February 18, 2013 at 12:49 AM

@Jackalope I’m very sorry to discourage you, but in all honesty, I believe that its too late to right this ship. Also, we have bigger dangers than the progs. I’m extensively well travelled, have lived many years in muzzie nations. I’m now hearing rumblings from there. The Arab Spring is the worst thing to happen. This secular PC crap that we portray is weakness in their eyes. Unknown to most of our citizens, they’re slowly banding together, be it Shia or Sunni. The next five years would be difficult. If we’re economically paralyzed, its over. I just pray that I’m wrong.

tommy71 on February 18, 2013 at 12:50 AM

KCB on February 18, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Right you are Ken.

SparkPlug on February 18, 2013 at 12:50 AM

Good news is Zero’s $1000/hr golf lessons were a good investment, since he was playing with Tiger today.

KCB on February 18, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Bervosity is the opposite of vebrity.

SparkPlug on February 18, 2013 at 12:52 AM

Bervosity is the opposite of vebrity.

SparkPlug on February 18, 2013 at 12:52 AM

*CLINK!*

KCB on February 18, 2013 at 12:54 AM

@Ken and Scrumpy Thanks. I do try. The lost can be found again. :-)

tommy71 on February 18, 2013 at 12:55 AM

Where is Axefellow?

SparkPlug on February 18, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Lovely poem, Scrumpy. Fits the mood. :-)

tommy71 on February 18, 2013 at 12:58 AM

@Tommy- I don’t think you are wrong. The election was the possible turning point, and we’ve blown by that on the Autoban to disaster. When were you in muzzie countries? Recent years or decades past?

Jackalope on February 18, 2013 at 12:58 AM

tommy71 on February 18, 2013 at 12:50 AM

I so agree with you. Also following China and Russia again rearing up because they smell weakness.

CoffeeLover on February 18, 2013 at 12:59 AM

@Ken and Scrumpy Thanks. I do try. The lost can be found again. :-)

tommy71 on February 18, 2013 at 12:55 AM

The lost rum will be found again or my name isn’t captain Sparky Cook.

SparkPlug on February 18, 2013 at 1:00 AM

tommy71 on February 18, 2013 at 12:50 AM

Good Tommy, also unknown to an ignorant citizenry Obama brings them together. The ‘Arab Spring’ is all bs and he owns it.

He models the world in their/his favor (all the same) and the stupid (in the majority) Americans are out to lunch, literally/figuratively.

May all who brung him, with no exceptions, and those who kept him, be destroyed by him. They deserve NO less.

All others make preparations for you and families because his mission is just about to go obvious. The first 4 years were stealth and nothing compared to his real aims.

Look around. The muzzies succeed apace at taking over…the muzzie brothers that is, and he is them.

Schadenfreude on February 18, 2013 at 1:00 AM

tommy71 on February 18, 2013 at 12:50 AM

I am smitten with your knowledge, I too am aware of Islam and it’s dire threats to our freedoms.

I have read that so many of our elected officials, either blind, or contrite, seem not to realise the threat!

I have only yo look to my own country to see the handwriting on the wall, and not just there but many EU countries where the muslims have taken over whole towns boroughs and villages…

I say live and let live but we must be aware of what they may and can do, their numbers are not strong enough here yet. But look to Dearborn, they have their enclaves… It is scary to think that we are allowing this to happen under our noses.

Scrumpy on February 18, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Bervosity is the opposite of vebrity.

SparkPlug on February 18, 2013 at 12:52 AM

Yet grandiloquence might accomplish what cleaner form may not.

Or, as they say in Nevada, blah blah bluh blah blah…

… or is that just Dirty Harry?

hillbillyjim on February 18, 2013 at 1:01 AM

yo=to duh!

Scrumpy on February 18, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Recent years, Jackalope. Most of my years were spent in the fundamentalist muzzie nations. I got a base there. I keep travelling there regularly. And since most of my childhood was with them, they open up to me pretty quickly although I’m a Christian. :-)

tommy71 on February 18, 2013 at 1:04 AM

SparkPlug on February 18, 2013 at 12:52 AM

You have a way with words and turn them on their heads!! ;-)

Scrumpy on February 18, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Schadenfreude on February 18, 2013 at 1:00 AM

I know that you actually “get it”, and sadly, you understand more than most what is at stake. May God be with us all and give us the courage to deny the takers their aims.

hillbillyjim on February 18, 2013 at 1:05 AM

*disembodied voice*

Where is Axefellow?

SparkPlug on February 18, 2013 at 12:57 AM

Compiling. About 40 major blocks across five platforms. :) All night. And working on ppr:: for the next two out of eight tests (four down; four to go! — then Spark . . . then we’ll see . . . then everyone will see — muhahahaha).

But you are doing really well. :)

PS: Never trust PHP to find your rum, the boozer.

Axe on February 18, 2013 at 1:06 AM

tommy71 on February 18, 2013 at 1:04 AM

So you see and hear more than we do.

With the MBH taking control, is this really who the ordinary man in the street want in power?

Scrumpy on February 18, 2013 at 1:07 AM

Axe on February 18, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Slacker :-)

KCB on February 18, 2013 at 1:08 AM

Scrumpy…love the poetry.

I just got in a little while ago since 10:30am. Helping friends daughter/SIL and young son pack up so they can move in with Mom and Grandmom due to finances. Things are not getting better on Main Street, USA. Talked to another friend who works with people looking for jobs. She was telling me about the suicide increases she starting to see from middle-aged people not being able to find jobs.

CoffeeLover on February 18, 2013 at 1:08 AM

OldEnglish on February 18, 2013 at 12:16 AM

Are you in Merry Olde England?

Scrumpy on February 18, 2013 at 12:20 AM

No, escaped in late ’72 – to Australia (no convict, me) :)

Due to my career, at that time, I knew what the Common Market would lead to, and wanted no part of it!

OldEnglish on February 18, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Axe on February 18, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Good to see you! Glad you slowed down enough to pop in!

What ever you are working on… looks well, I don’t have a clue! Lol

Good Luck getting it done…

Scrumpy on February 18, 2013 at 1:10 AM

hillbillyjim on February 18, 2013 at 1:05 AM

May it be so – only a very strong and principled leader will be able to stop it, someone who can not be bullied by anyone, and trusted to be followed.

Schadenfreude on February 18, 2013 at 1:10 AM

For those not paying attention:

Our President is actively sabotaging our economy for decades to come, and there is NO WAY that he doesn’t understand the consequences of his disastrous economic policies. It is intentional.

hillbillyjim on February 18, 2013 at 1:11 AM

OldEnglish on February 18, 2013 at 1:09 AM

I hail from the west country (Somerset) and ‘escaped’ to Germany in around ’78 Got to the US in ’86… bounced between G and here for a few more years and finally settled in late ’90 in Oklahoma!!

Scrumpy on February 18, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Well Tommy, your life certainly isn’t dull. While I consider myself relatively well education and certainly intelligent when compared to most of America (low info voters) I am not very well traveled. But hearing first-hand accounts are valuable if not reassuring.

The nation of Islam is coming…and it doesn’t take a rocket-surgeon to see that.

Jackalope on February 18, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Compiling. About 40 major blocks across five platforms. :)

Axe on February 18, 2013 at 1:06 AM

Well you are going to need a lot of cement to get 40 blocks to support 5 platforms. Good thing they are major blocks I suppose.

But I would compile more blocks just to be safe.

SparkPlug on February 18, 2013 at 1:16 AM

hillbillyjim on February 18, 2013 at 1:05 AM

Schadenfreude on February 18, 2013 at 1:10 AM

Sometimes I fall into the ‘I don’t want to see it’ category…

But for all that, I do see a looming disaster…

At times it all sounds like a Conspiracy theory, get my drift?

I think about the absolute worst, and hope for the best.

If it all goes ‘south’ lawd, what will we do?

Just hang on the best we can.

Scrumpy on February 18, 2013 at 1:18 AM

hillbillyjim on February 18, 2013 at 1:11 AM

It is intentional and even on purpose. He wants us to fail.

SparkPlug on February 18, 2013 at 1:18 AM

Scrumpy on February 18, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Hence the screen name, I presume. :) (Love the Somerset accent :))

OldEnglish on February 18, 2013 at 1:20 AM

The nation of Islam is coming…and it doesn’t take a rocket-surgeon to see that.

Jackalope on February 18, 2013 at 1:15 AM

It seems that the “Arab Spring” could fast become the “Western Winter”, especially when we’re being allegedly led by a man determined to weaken our defenses, our economy, and our standing in the wider world.

hillbillyjim on February 18, 2013 at 1:20 AM

@CoffeeLover Very true. And thats what scares me. The muzzies, on their own, can’t counter us. I’m gonna sound a bit tinfoiled to you, but among Arab political elites, its an open fact that they have formed a secret pact with China to weaken us further. And these are supposed to be our ‘allies’. With Chinese growing economic and military strength combined with Arab oil wealth makes a formidable enemy.

tommy71 on February 18, 2013 at 1:21 AM

It’s getting to be too much like a really really bad nightmare, and I wish I could wake up!

Dreamlitnight
Nightended
Cursesbroken
Dayreturns
Sunlightcleanses

Scrumpy on February 18, 2013 at 1:22 AM

SparkPlug on February 18, 2013 at 1:16 AM

Major blocks sound heavier than, say..minor blocks. Your thoughts?

KCB on February 18, 2013 at 1:22 AM

OldEnglish on February 18, 2013 at 1:20 AM

So true!! It is :-)

Scrumpy on February 18, 2013 at 1:23 AM

OldEnglish on February 18, 2013 at 1:20 AM

So true!! It is :-)

Scrumpy on February 18, 2013 at 1:23 AM

Umm, I would like to hear a Somerset accent….

KCB on February 18, 2013 at 1:25 AM

The frustrating part is the $$ we keep sending to the mid-east.

KCB: stop procrastinating! Focus!

Jackalope on February 18, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on February 18, 2013 at 1:27 AM

oops sorry for all the blue. No clue what I did. Must be more tired than I thought! lol

CoffeeLover on February 18, 2013 at 1:28 AM

Hi Dire Straits

CoffeeLover on February 18, 2013 at 1:30 AM

OldEnglish on February 18, 2013 at 1:20 AM

Great to see you..How is life “Down Under”..I hear your Prime Minister is not well liked..:)

Dire Straits on February 18, 2013 at 1:30 AM

CoffeeLover on February 18, 2013 at 1:30 AM

Hello..:)

Dire Straits on February 18, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Dire is here. Thankfully a meteor did not ruin his collection of pink Flyod vinyls.

SparkPlug on February 18, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Goodnight all. Let’s all make this week a good one.

Jackalope on February 18, 2013 at 1:35 AM

KCB: stop procrastinating! Focus!

Jackalope on February 18, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Wow! I am purposely avoiding the subject. My take. Something bad is gonna happen to the US. Catastrophic. We will go into offensive mode. There will be at least one nuke. We look weak to the world. We will be hit. Then, and only then, will we hit back harder. Our only hope is that it will wake people up, because this Arab Spring BS is going to play a major role in us being hit. There, I said it.

KCB on February 18, 2013 at 1:36 AM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on February 18, 2013 at 1:27 AM

Just to get away from the gloom and doom, and to throw a little something different into the mix, this is for all of you music lovers.

I promise it’s different than what you’re used to, and worth it at that.

hillbillyjim on February 18, 2013 at 1:37 AM

There, I said it.

Didn’t mean to be short. I was just keeping it to myself.

KCB on February 18, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Dire…

KCB on February 18, 2013 at 1:38 AM

@Scrumpy Sorry. My net conn is giving me trouble. To answer your quest, sadly, the ordinary man on the street does support the MBH. Their faith binds them to that philosophy, and in our thinking, extremism.

tommy71 on February 18, 2013 at 1:39 AM

SparkPlug on February 18, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on February 18, 2013 at 1:39 AM

KCB on February 18, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Lets have a major block party and decide.

SparkPlug on February 18, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Lets have a major block party and decide.

SparkPlug on February 18, 2013 at 1:39 AM

I’m in!

KCB on February 18, 2013 at 1:41 AM

Lets have a major block party and decide.

SparkPlug on February 18, 2013 at 1:39 AM

and I have rum!…Doh!!

KCB on February 18, 2013 at 1:41 AM

And before our resident Chinese expert (think its daikocu or sumthin) comes in and starts arguing with me, let me assure him that I speak from the Arab end of the isle, not his end. :-)

tommy71 on February 18, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Captain Sparky Cook still can’t find his rum barrels? ;-)

tommy71 on February 18, 2013 at 1:43 AM

KCB on February 18, 2013 at 1:25 AM

I did pull up a fav band from somerset called the wurzles, funny guys but they have the very strong accent!

I however do not have such a strong accent, not really liking it, but I do have that ‘proper’ english accent :-)

Best I could find!

Scrumpy on February 18, 2013 at 1:44 AM

hillbillyjim on February 18, 2013 at 1:37 AM

Very nice..I think this song is so cool!!..:)

Dire Straits on February 18, 2013 at 1:45 AM

Nite, Jackalope and baby Jackalope. :-)

tommy71 on February 18, 2013 at 1:45 AM

KCB on February 18, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on February 18, 2013 at 1:46 AM

Man cannot live by bread alone; that’s why God made Beer and Babes.

SparkPlug on February 18, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Scrumpy on February 18, 2013 at 1:44 AM

Pretty heavy but nice. I wonder what Chrissy’s sounds like???

KCB on February 18, 2013 at 1:48 AM

@Scrumpy I lovez the ‘proper’ Brit accent. Sounds really good. :-)

tommy71 on February 18, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Scrumpy on February 18, 2013 at 1:44 AM

Irony abounds. Your link goes to a different Bristol — mine goes to Bristol VA/TN — when country music was born.

hillbillyjim on February 18, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Well, better said, when popular country music was born.

hillbillyjim on February 18, 2013 at 1:50 AM

KCB on February 18, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Well sort of like that lol…when I talk to my sister it really gets thick! lol…

But now I sound to me family like an american, but to okies, I still sound like a brit, funny that innit!

Scrumpy on February 18, 2013 at 1:52 AM

Chrissy sounds like Kate Winslet? ;-)

tommy71 on February 18, 2013 at 1:52 AM

Jackalope on February 18, 2013 at 1:35 AM

Sleep well. Fight’s not over.

KCB on February 18, 2013 at 1:52 AM

hillbillyjim on February 18, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Strangely enough, each town has it’s own accent, the Bristol accent is a little different to my Yeovil accent… not by much tho.

Scrumpy on February 18, 2013 at 1:54 AM