Quotes of the day

posted at 8:31 pm on February 16, 2013 by Allahpundit

Whispers has learned that Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas will be the closing speaker at the Conservative Political Action Conference this March, an annual political conference that draws more conservatives than any other event in the country.

Last year, former Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin won the coveted speaking spot. Tea party favorite Allen West closed the conference in 2011, and conservative commentator Glenn Beck spoke last in 2010…

“In just a few months, Ted Cruz has become a strong, independent conservative voice in the Senate,” ACU Chairman Al Cardenas said in a press release Thursday. “Senator Cruz personifies the theme of this year’s CPAC—America’s Future: The Next Generation of Conservatives.”

***

Cruz’s ambition and no-holds-barred style have made him a hero among conservative activists and raised talk that Cruz – like Florida Senator Marco Rubio, another Hispanic rising star among Republicans – might run for president as soon as 2016.

“He’s a political phenomenon, and he has managed to become a national figure in a very short period of time,” said Steve Munisteri, chairman of the Texas Republican Party. “I have no doubt that a year from now, virtually every Republican activist in the country will know who Ted Cruz is.”…

“In the modern, cable television-talk radio media age, the more outrageous you are, the more attention you get,” [AEI analyst Norm] Ornstein said. “And Cruz is no dummy. He’s a smart, articulate guy. You’ll be seeing and hearing him a lot.”…

Cruz accompanied McConnell on a congressional visit to Israel and Afghanistan last month and won an admirer in the process. McConnell told the National Review Online afterward that Cruz was “ready for prime time on day one, which is pretty unusual for somebody who just got sworn in.”

***

“I love the guy,” said conservative Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.), another “no” vote against Kerry who also opposes Hagel. “And he’s got the tenacity to stand for something and not back down. That means he’s my kind of guy.”

“I think he’s going to be a superstar,” said Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, a fellow Cuban-American and another rising star on the right. “You’re already starting to see some of that. He’s just smart as a whip.”

Cruz declined a request for an interview, citing his lost voice after suffering from a cold. But in response to written questions, Cruz was unapologetic.

“I made promises to the people of Texas that I would come to Washington to shake up the status quo, to fight for conservative principles and to lead a concerted and meaningful effort to end the unsustainable spending, deficits and debt that have been propagated, unfortunately, by members of both parties,” Cruz said.

***

“I think he’s got unlimited potential,” Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) told Manu Raju of Politico. “But the one thing I will say to any new senator — you’re going to be respected if you can throw a punch but you also have to prove you can do a deal.”

Sure, the people of Texas sent Cruz to Washington to shake things up. But once here, the need to govern (read, putting what’s right for the nation ahead of what’s right for one’s image back home) ought to trump all other considerations. Great senators are the ones whose influence reaches far beyond their home states because they (usually) put country above party, ideology and politics when it is needed most. Looks like it’s going to take a while for Cruz to learn this, assuming that’s possible.

***

Cruz has taken the wear-their-scorn-as-a-badge-of-honor approach with his liberal critics. As he told Glenn Beck last month, “I view all of that as a sign that maybe we’re doing something right.”

Behind the scenes, Cruz has rankled even Republican colleagues, who think he lectures too much at private party sessions — “pontificates” is one word used — and listens too little, especially for a newbie.

One Republican senator described Cruz to me as “Jim De­Mint without the charm,” referring to the rigidly conservative South Carolina Republican who left the Senate to head the Heritage Foundation — and who was not exactly renowned for being warm and fuzzy. Cruz is said to have a frosty relationship with his state’s senior senator, John Cornyn (R), dating to Cruz’s surprising decision, as Senate candidate, not to endorse his fellow Texan’s bid for party whip…

What reasonable inference is there to draw about this brash new senator? That there’s little he won’t do in pursuit of his prey.

***

He’s an ornery, swaggering piece of work. Just six weeks since his arrival on Capitol Hill, he’s already known for his naysaying, his nit-picking and his itch to upbraid lawmakers who are vastly senior to him, who have sacrificed more than he has and who deserve a measure of respect, or at least an iota of courtesy. Courtesy isn’t Cruz’s métier. Grandstanding and browbeating are…

Note in particular a Republican pollster’s recent interviews with Ohio voters. When the pollster asks them to play word association with “Republican,” the answers indeed include a few descriptions that the profiles of Rubio and Cruz push back against: “rich,” “white.” But the adjectives “rigid” and “polarizing” also come up, along with a lament about an “all-or-nothing” approach. These descriptions fit Cruz like a glove…

Indeed, the challenge for Republicans now — a challenge that, to limited and varying degrees, Rubio and even Eric Cantor are beginning to grasp — is to be seen and to act as a constructive force, as a party that’s for things, that wants to be inclusive and that operates with a generosity of spirit, not an overflow of spite. With his votes and his vitriol, Cruz undermines that. He brings himself plenty of attention. He’ll bring Republicans nothing but grief.

***

“Comity does not mean avoiding the truth,” [Cruz] added. “And it would be wrong to avoid speaking the truth about someone’s record and past policy positions, even if doing so inevitably subjects me to personal criticism from Democrats and the media.”

To the growing core of ardent conservatives in the Senate, Mr. Cruz has offered a jolt of positive energy.

“If you don’t ruffle any feathers, you’re not doing anything right,” said Senator Rand Paul, Republican of Kentucky, who garnered similar attention in his opening weeks in the Senate two years ago…

After she raised the specter of McCarthyism, Ms. McCaskill was asked if she had spoken to Mr. Cruz about her concerns.

“I’m not sure it would do any good,” she said. “Do you?”

***

At times, the meeting slipped into an unusually accusatory and bitter back-and-forth, with Republicans like Ted Cruz, a freshman senator from Texas, going as far as to suggest that Mr. Hagel had accepted money from nations that oppose American interests.

Saying that he had serious doubts about the source of payments that Mr. Hagel had accepted for speaking engagements, Mr. Cruz declared, “It is at a minimum relevant to know if that $200,000 that he deposited in his bank account came directly from Saudi Arabia, came directly from North Korea.”

***

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 5 6 7 8

Fed by wishes

Hopes and dreams

Illusions do exist

In my reality

Cheered by hallucinations

Delusions and fantasy

Illusions are reality

Made by dreamers

Lovers and believers

Illusions are true

In my existence

Scrumpy on February 17, 2013 at 2:30 AM

Wow Scrumpy . Short and excellent. Perceptive and deep as well.

tommy71 on February 17, 2013 at 2:32 AM

And with that I shall try again to sleep.

God Bless you late nighters!! Sparky K2 Tommy!

Sweet dreams :-)

*Swoosh*

Scrumpy on February 17, 2013 at 2:33 AM

Nite, sweet Scrumpy. Sleep well, dear.

tommy71 on February 17, 2013 at 2:34 AM

*poof*
HT Axe

KOOLAID2 on February 17, 2013 at 2:35 AM

(I lost me funny ‘bone’ somewhere) I can’t think of funy things to say until way after the fact and then it’s too late!!

Scrumpy on February 17, 2013 at 2:26 AM

It’s never too late! Thanks to hotair’s comment system, you can come back after 4 years and post something if you think of it. Oh, that reminds me, I just thought of the best comeback to something that jack@ss Tesla was saying last year. brb;)

RINO in Name Only on February 17, 2013 at 2:39 AM

Hmm…..Axe, SWalker and 4Grace didn’t make an appearance. Hot Saturday night date? Quite possible. lol ;-)

tommy71 on February 17, 2013 at 2:44 AM

It occurred to me during the ’12 primaries that the people accusing Ron Paul of being a racist were a bunch of old white Republicans with political differences, when polls consistently show that Ron Paul is actually a lot more popular with racial minorities than other Republicans. Here’s an interesting interview that sheds some light on the reason why, IMO.

FloatingRock on February 17, 2013 at 3:06 AM

I’m testing out the go keyboard. Its a 5 star application.

SparkPlug on February 17, 2013 at 3:06 AM

I really like it. Fixes typos

SparkPlug on February 17, 2013 at 3:11 AM

Go keyboard was developed by a bunch of china men.

SparkPlug on February 17, 2013 at 3:37 AM

Palin isn’t fit to shine Cruz’s shoes. Let’s be serious.

bluegill on February 16, 2013 at 8:42 PM

OK! I’ll be serious:

Moderate, establishment candidates who were backed by Rove got crushed nearly across the board. Rove’s support of establishment candidates isn’t surprising; these are the people who come to Washington and don’t change a thing – exactly what Rove wants. Levin went on to make the point that Rove’s attacks on conservatives and the Tea Party are peculiar when you consider that the only reason the U.S. House went back to Republican control is because of Tea Party turnout in the 2010 midterm elections: “In 2006 they lost the Senate and the House when Rove was in charge, they haven’t gotten it back except in 2010 thanks to the Tea Party,” Levin said.

The fact remains that Sarah Palin, NOT ANY OF the GOP Elitists, was an intrigal part of that effort, AND no one else was named as the King Maker of 2010.

Honestly, isn’t about time for you to get involved as well? If not you, who?

DannoJyd on February 17, 2013 at 3:40 AM

We’ve talked about 3D printing of ammo magazines recently, but wait, there’s more! In the future 3D printers will be able to print metal as well as plastic, and thanks to its low melting point lead will no doubt be among the first metals you’ll be able to print. You’ll be able to download and print your own bullets at home, several at a time, and if you can print copper you can print FMJ, too. Even if copper can’t be printed at first perhaps the plastic or something else it can print would provide a suitable anti-fouling jacket, I’m not sure.

FloatingRock on February 17, 2013 at 3:44 AM

Oh my! The Romneycare lovin, Palin hating, GOP spittlelickin ‘republicans’ will not like this one bit:

Jonathan Weisman, the author of the piece, brings out all the old adages about “taking confrontational Tea Party sensibilities to new heights–or lows” before rolling out Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) for the obligatory beat-down of conservatives. The Times also quotes McCain’s sidekick, Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC), who has to watch his right flank because he faces a potential primary in 2014, who tells the publication some of Cruz’s comments regarding Hagel were “out of bounds.”

NOW we remember why McCain LOST in 2008. The anti-conservative ‘moderates’ own fail today.

DannoJyd on February 17, 2013 at 3:52 AM

FloatingRock on February 17, 2013 at 3:44 AM

How about silver? It seems to me that I read that silver bullets are necessary when trying to kill the devils minions.

I’ll take a gross to start.

DannoJyd on February 17, 2013 at 3:54 AM

Romney doesn’t know how to shine shoes.

SparkPlug on February 17, 2013 at 4:32 AM

The NYT doesn’t care for Ted Cruz?

Now there’s a shocka!

Grace_is_sufficient on February 17, 2013 at 4:58 AM

Its NYT.

tommy71 on February 17, 2013 at 5:59 AM

awwwwww poor widdle’ democrat in disguize upset that hy-spanic boy is kicking your ass?????

GO CRUZ!

TX-96 on February 17, 2013 at 6:17 AM

Crunch

tommy71 on February 17, 2013 at 6:47 AM

Gonna make a mug of tea? Anyone want one? ;-)

tommy71 on February 17, 2013 at 7:06 AM

mornnin.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 17, 2013 at 7:11 AM

Mornin, alt.

tommy71 on February 17, 2013 at 7:14 AM

Cruz is like the male version of Palin.

KCB on February 16, 2013 at 8:39 PM

You’re joking? And Barack Obama is just like Tiger Woods?

Cruz served as a law clerk to William Rehnquist, Chief Justice of the United States, and J. Michael Luttig of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit.[15] Cruz was the first Hispanic ever to clerk for a Chief Justice of the United States.[16]
Cruz has authored more than 80 United States Supreme Court briefs and presented 43 oral arguments, including nine before the United States Supreme Court.[12]
In the landmark case of District of Columbia v. Heller, Cruz assembled a coalition of thirty-one states in defense of the principle that the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution guarantees an individual right to keep and bear arms.[17] Cruz also presented oral argument for the amici states in the companion case to Heller before the United States Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit.
In addition to his victory in Heller, Cruz has successfully defended the Ten Commandments monument on the Texas State Capitol grounds, the recitation of the Pledge of Allegiance in public schools and the 2003 Texas redistricting plan.[18]
Cruz also successfully defended, in Medellin v. Texas, the State of Texas against an attempt by the International Court of Justice to re-open the criminal convictions of 51 murderers on death row throughout the United States.[12]

Basilsbest on February 17, 2013 at 7:39 AM

keep on keeping on teddy…you’re ok in my book

tell them all to pound sand

cmsinaz on February 17, 2013 at 7:44 AM

I’ll take a cup tommy…thanks!

morning to all :)

cmsinaz on February 17, 2013 at 7:45 AM

Provisions include creating an eight-year path to residency for undocumented immigrants and permitting immigrants to apply for lawful prospective immigrant visas

via politico

folks who have been waiting in line legally have waited alot longer than 8 years…geez louise…

who wants to do anything legally anymore, look at this perk..

cmsinaz on February 17, 2013 at 7:48 AM

I’ll admit, I really like Cruz. I know he just got sworn in for his first term, but what are your guys’ thoughts on Cruz’s future national political prospects? He doesn’t have Rubio’s (whom I like and would support) warmth and sunny disposition, but he seems more solid on certain issues, like opposing amnesty. It’s still early, of course, but if I had to choose between Cruz and someone like Rubio to appoint to the presidency, I would probably prefer Cruz. But I wonder if Cruz could win in Virginia, Wisconsin, etc. He’d certainly do better than, say, a shaky, not-ready-for-primetime potential candidate like Palin.

Paul Ryan, Rand Paul, and Marco Rubio are all acceptable choices. Cruz would be a dream, if he could be elected.

People I would never support in the primary season: Sarah Palin, the fat Charlie Crist known as Chris Christie.

bluegill on February 17, 2013 at 7:55 AM

I like no-nonsense, no phoniness, no put-on charm kind of people. Cruz comes across as a very serious person, the very opposite of the goofy, incompetent impression given off by someone like Palin.

Would Cruz’s lack of forced folksiness hurt him in a presidential campaign? People seem to love that back-slapping, folksy clown routine (“I’m just like you and you could have me over for a bbq”) performed by people like Huckabee, even if I don’t.

bluegill on February 17, 2013 at 8:01 AM

Basilsbest on February 17, 2013 at 7:39 AM

no Palin, no Cruz.

oh, and how’s presdent mitt?

renalin on February 17, 2013 at 8:02 AM

They only want some freshmen to be quiet.

tomas on February 17, 2013 at 8:09 AM

no Palin, no Cruz.
oh, and how’s presdent mitt?
renalin on February 17, 2013 at 8:02 AM

Only a vile little Palin cultist like you could delight in reminding people that Obama got reelected.

Palin is a goof who shouldn’t even be mentioned in the same breath as Cruz. Quit trying to give Palin credit for the fact that we have a Senator Cruz. Palin going down to TX in her ridiculous looking cowboy boots and her too-tight t-shirts with boots on them (people, google this… it was unprofessional and embarrassing) to give her usual public comments, tripping over her own words, is not what put Cruz over the top. More than anything, what helped Cruz was the fact that he is an impressive man and was not a career politician. Palin on the sidelines wearing Bristol’s tops was not a major factor.

bluegill on February 17, 2013 at 8:12 AM

@bluegill As long as you keep spewing hate on a conservative icon like Palin, the rest of your views will be ignored. Just sayin.

tommy71 on February 17, 2013 at 8:12 AM

We can only HOPE that Cruz can somehow resist allowing the usual inside-the-beltway-funk-of-thievery to rub off on him.

This all harkens back to similar laudatory remarks about the former-man-of-the-Texas-people-and-NOW-completely-politicized-aka-worthless Dan Patrick………..

Katfish on February 17, 2013 at 8:17 AM

tommy71 on February 17, 2013 at 8:12 AM

I don’t hate Palin at all. I just don’t think she acts professionally, nor do I see her as any kind of plausible or competent future national candidate. Don’t want her held up as the face of conservatism nor of the Republican Party.

Liberals are the ones who really want Sarah Palin out there front and center. It would be like us cheering on Alvin Greene or this guy ( http://youtu.be/1hvaeHllwtw ) if he were a Dem. Palin isn’t quite as bad as them, but the same idea applies.

bluegill on February 17, 2013 at 8:25 AM

But amidst my criticism of Palin, I want to point out that I like and admire things about her. But I don’t like how some people insist only she be considered for president. That is why I slant most of my comments about her toward the negative; I want to counteract some of the Palin worship on here.

bluegill on February 17, 2013 at 8:31 AM

mitt kicking himself about now for not wearing one of Bristol’s tops.

my kingdom for a tee shirt.

renalin on February 17, 2013 at 8:32 AM

Oh thank God, the site’s still here. Is… Are all the commenters that were here before I went back still here?

The threads at HA never get turned off. You could go right now to the first thread ever and still comment.

Bmore on February 17, 2013 at 1:05 AM

That’s an interesting factoid, but I just did exactly that. I went back to April, 2006, to the primordial thread, and I don’t recommend anyone else try it. I felt like I was messing with forces I didn’t fully understand. I think I might have risked altering the course of hotair’s history, or creating some kind of paradox that could have wiped us all out of existence.

Plus, it’s really depressing there… I don’t think a single commenter from that thread is still here today.

RINO in Name Only on February 17, 2013 at 8:37 AM

@bluegill And therein lies your problem. If you dislike Palin, why mention her at all? To most of us, she is a conservative icon. If she isn’t one for you, concentrate solely on other republicans. The way you portray Palin is seen as an insult to most here at HA. Ignore her, talk bout other pubs, and it would be fine. Diplomacy is not your strong suit. The way you’ve gone on and on bout Palin, most here associate you as a Palin hater. You lose your credibility. As I stated above, ignore her, talk about other pubs and policies, and build your credibility. This is just a word of advise. Ignore it if you wish. :-)

tommy71 on February 17, 2013 at 8:37 AM

tommy71 on February 17, 2013 at 8:37 AM

You are right. I should probably change how I go about talking about her. I’m just not going to ignore the Palin worship when I see it, though. I see it as harmful. I ought to stress more than I like many things about Palin, even if I don’t see her as a legitimate contender on 2016.

bluegill on February 17, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Ted Cruz has the academic credentials of a Romney and the fire of a Palin. This makes him very attractive to conservatives. It will be very difficult for the Obama Media to destroy Cruz the way they did Palin. I predict they will resurrect the NBC requirement in the Constitution. The fact that they set aside that requirement for Obama will be no bar.

Basilsbest on February 17, 2013 at 8:42 AM

why is someone going to the trouble of paying trolls who spew the same tired talking points about Sarah.

I thought she was irrelevant? not. You Betcha!

renalin on February 17, 2013 at 8:49 AM

THIS is what I want to hear.

PappyD61 on February 17, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Basilsbest on February 17, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Agree 100%. The NBC stuff is weak. He is qualified.

I bet they will try to portray him as extreme, voter against the Orwellian-named “violence against women act” etc. Let’s just hope he is ready for questions about rape and contraception.

I am not worried. The man seems like he was born ready.

bluegill on February 17, 2013 at 8:53 AM

bluegill on February 17, 2013 at 8:31 AM

Lets give you some advice, though I rather doubt you will take it.

On the off chance that you aren’t trolling, if you are even remotely serious about a word you just said, then you really need to seriously just never speak about her again. Don’t mention her name, don’t respond to any remarks made about her, no matter your opinion, and avoid threads where she is a major topic of discussion.

Every time you get involved in any discussion regarding Palin, you manage to alienate virtually everyone on this site – the ONLY people you don’t alienate are the ones who already agree with you.

There are an enormous number of people who are nowhere close to being Palin worshippers, and yet somehow every time you comment on her, you manage to irritate practically every last one of them.

Nothing you say has done, does, or will ever do anything to “counteract” any of the “Palin worship” that seems to irk you so much, and in fact, your every comment encourages more of it.

RINO in Name Only on February 17, 2013 at 8:57 AM

I appreciate the comments and I will keep that all in mind.

The thing is, I don’t really mind if I am alienating myself. I am willing to sacrifice my reputation on here if it means raising the awareness of the dangers of Palin worship even a little bit.

bluegill on February 17, 2013 at 9:04 AM

and here’s our newest addition to al-jazeera. lets all bow to mecca and give her a rowdy middle east hello. Former VP candidate SARAH PALIN, hamdulla.

h/t bluegill

renalin on February 17, 2013 at 9:16 AM

…did one of you people fart around eight o’clock this morning… on this thread?
…there’s fumes coming off of my monitor!
…my eyes are stinging!
…and all the hair…just fell out of my nose!

KOOLAID2 on February 17, 2013 at 9:19 AM

renalin on February 17, 2013 at 9:16 AM

…have you noticed how the meaning of words have changed so much in the English language?…’illegal’ means ‘undocumented’…and now “I don’t really mind if I am soiling myself” OR “I don’t really mind if I am masterbaiting myself”… has become “I don’t really mind if I am alienating myself”!

KOOLAID2 on February 17, 2013 at 9:29 AM

I appreciate the comments and I will keep that all in mind.

bluegill on February 17, 2013 at 9:04 AM

You’re NOT raising awareness of the “dangers of Palin worship”.

NOT “even a little bit”.

Anyone who worships her, or any politician for that matter, is certainly not going to be swayed by anything you say.

She is not going to become the nominee on the strength of some sort of cult following. She never was going to. No presidential nominee has or will ever do that, for the simple reason that most primary voters are not cultists by nature. She is not a sorceress who will bewitch those troglodyte voters into nominating her if she is unqualified. By constantly trying to “raise awareness” of her you are insulting the intelligence of the rest of the republican electorate.

If she is nominated, it will happen after she has proved herself by defeating her opponents and demonstrating her qualifications. If she announces, or even makes any serious indication that she intends to run, then it is reasonable for you to debate her merits as a nominee, and whether or not she is qualified.

Right now she is a private citizen who had given no indication that she is planning to run for office. Your criticism of her is pointless and gratuitous, and has all the hallmarks of an unhealthy obsession, one just as bad or even worse than that of her most fanatical supporters.

To put it much more simply:

LET IT GO.

RINO in Name Only on February 17, 2013 at 9:31 AM

RINO in Name Only on February 17, 2013 at 8:57 AM

…bingo!…bango!….those symptoms made me catch that virus!

KOOLAID2 on February 17, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Hey Ted-Please don’t take Lindsey Graham’s advice about being able to prove you can do a deal.Graham deals away conservative principles on a daily basis.Stand your ground and become the next President of the United States!

redware on February 17, 2013 at 9:35 AM

We have got to stop letting the media destroy our people over the most innocuous things while they turn a blind eye to corruption. The go along to get along attitude isn’t something to be celebrated, it is what has gotten us into the mess we are in. To try to destroy someone’s career over a sip of water or not using their inside voices is ridiculous and we need to make it stop.

Cindy Munford on February 17, 2013 at 10:04 AM

RINO in Name Only on February 17, 2013 at 8:57 AM

While you are at it, try to get it to stop “helping” Sen. Rubio. Nothing could be more counterproductive.

Cindy Munford on February 17, 2013 at 10:06 AM

I appreciate the comments and I will keep that all in mind.

bluegill on February 17, 2013 at 9:04 AM

The “alienation” part of that is certainly working, and it’s okay to do that if that’s what makes you feel better.

I still believe Sarah can SUCCESSFULLY run for National office, however. I’m don’t see how “worship” manifests itself in that, but I might be too blinded by loyalty.

listens2glenn on February 17, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Speaking of Palin, good luck to Todd Palin with the Iron Dog race today..:)

idesign on February 17, 2013 at 10:11 AM

Cindy Munford on February 17, 2013 at 10:06 AM

Not so fast – one step at a time. Rehabilitation and integration into the hotair community is a long and sometimes arduous process.

Rome wasn’t built in a day, you know.

RINO in Name Only on February 17, 2013 at 10:19 AM

Rome wasn’t built in a day, you know.

RINO in Name Only on February 17, 2013 at 10:19 AM

…and later…IT BURNED!

KOOLAID2 on February 17, 2013 at 10:26 AM

RINO in Name Only on February 17, 2013 at 8:37 AM

I saw that. Someone clicked a link. It woke me up from my slumber. ; )

Bmore on February 17, 2013 at 10:29 AM

…and later…IT BURNED!

KOOLAID2 on February 17, 2013 at 10:26 AM

Well, yes, but let’s try to focus on the positive, shall we?

RINO in Name Only on February 17, 2013 at 10:33 AM

Dear SarahPAC Supporter,

Together we made history this November! Our victory in th U.S. Senate race in Texas was a remarkable testament to conservative grassroots.

We started out as underdogs in a long, competitive primary. But despite the odds being stacked against us, Governor Palin and SarahPAC showed daring leadership by endorsing my campaign.

The Governor’s vision and the support of patriouts like you helped transform my long-shot candidacy into victory on election night…

Sincerely,
Ted Cruz

Fallon on February 17, 2013 at 10:35 AM

“patriots”

More coffee!!!

Fallon on February 17, 2013 at 10:37 AM

The Senate has been such an insulated club you get Senators like Menendez who think they can take child prostitution junkets and then do overt favor like port contracts without worrying that they can be taken to task because its bad etiquette to rock the boat in the Senate. Just watching the Benghazi debacle or the Hagel confirmation you get the jist that the Senate is powerless to take on anyone or they scream witchhunt or McCarthyism.

Conan on February 17, 2013 at 10:44 AM

I saw that. Someone clicked a link. It woke me up from my slumber. ; )

Bmore on February 17, 2013 at 10:29 AM

I saw that you have traveled back there as well. And on multiple occasions.

Bmore, this is dangerous. I’m not sure we should post there any longer. We are playing with fire here, tampering with forces we don’t fully understand, trespassing into old posts where we don’t belong, that have been long abandoned, for reasons unbeknownst to us.

None of the commenters from that first thread are still around. None. Not a single one.

I don’t know what fate befell the First Ones, and I’m not sure I want to find out.

RINO in Name Only on February 17, 2013 at 10:46 AM

RINO in Name Only on February 17, 2013 at 10:46 AM

…long ago…people thought the world was flat…and then…

KOOLAID2 on February 17, 2013 at 10:53 AM

Cindy Munford on February 17, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Amen my friend..But “some” among us want to see our brightest get destroyed!!..That is the way they roll.Living on a pipe dream so far..:):)

Dire Straits on February 17, 2013 at 10:59 AM

The good news is almost everyone at this site realizes what the gilled one is. It took some time to get that through to some folks here. Alas it is finally seen by most all.

Bmore on February 17, 2013 at 11:02 AM

Bump..Do not like 666 for obvious reasons..:)

Dire Straits on February 17, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Dire Straits on February 17, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Lol! Good eye Dire!

Bmore on February 17, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Of course I was 666. You know what that means right?

Bmore on February 17, 2013 at 11:07 AM

Bmore on February 17, 2013 at 11:07 AM

LoLz..:)

Dire Straits on February 17, 2013 at 11:13 AM

Of course I was 666. You know what that means right?

Bmore on February 17, 2013 at 11:07 AM

I think I know what it means. I guess now I know what happened to all the commenters in the First Thread.

How many other old threads have you corrupted? How many other commenters have fallen victim to you evil magics?

And you tempted me into following you back there. What did you think you were going to do, trick me into becoming your dark apprentice?

RINO in Name Only on February 17, 2013 at 11:16 AM

I appreciate the comments and I will keep that all in mind.

bluegill on February 17, 2013 at 9:04 AM

If you’re sincere, and you’d need to filter everything through that first, then, ask yourself if your Palinoia is because of the fact that she’s an attractive “feminine” woman? (as opposed to say, the Hillary “I wanted to join the marines” type)

That pure femininity seems to irk both sexes, in both parties, more than a wee bit?

Don L on February 17, 2013 at 11:28 AM

RINO in Name Only on February 17, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Lol! the gilled one left you a message on the Gulch thread. I think she really likes you. ; )

Bmore on February 17, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Dire Straits on February 17, 2013 at 10:59 AM

You know me, I’m okay if people have misgivings but I don’t understand the seek and destroy on our own side. Especially when it is based on what the person might do instead of what they have actually done.

Cindy Munford on February 17, 2013 at 11:35 AM

RINO in Name Only on February 17, 2013 at 11:16 AM

Bmore on February 17, 2013 at 11:31 AM

…that should make things shrivel !

KOOLAID2 on February 17, 2013 at 11:37 AM

This past week might have been a good time for me to take my own advice about not reading the New York Times. Appreciate this piece from Commentary Magazine.

From Ted Cruz’s facebook page.

Likey.

PappyD61 on February 17, 2013 at 11:39 AM

Bump..Do not like 666 for obvious reasons..:)

Dire Straits on February 17, 2013 at 11:05 AM

I have some bad news, then, I’m afraid.

Unless I miscounted, this comment you just made is the 68th on this page.

On all of the previous pages, there are an even number of posts, and I’m pretty sure that that means exactly 100 – I know sometimes when it’s an odd number it will be 101 or 99, but I don’t think there are ever 98 or 102 posts on a page, except for a few moments around the time the page changes.

So that means this comment of yours that I quoted is number 668, not 667…

RINO in Name Only on February 17, 2013 at 11:40 AM

Cindy Munford on February 17, 2013 at 11:35 AM

I agree..But just look at the ones doing the run down of Rubio..I think you will notice a trend (common thread) with “most”..:)

Dire Straits on February 17, 2013 at 11:47 AM

RINO in Name Only on February 17, 2013 at 11:40 AM

lolz..I just refreshe the pge and saw 666 and freaked!..:)

Dire Straits on February 17, 2013 at 11:48 AM

In fact, regardless of the fact that there were probably exactly 100 comments on each previous page, the fact that they each had an even number of comments means that every dark comment is even, and vice versa. The number on the main page only lagsor stays even with the true post count – it never gets ahead. So when you saw “666″ that meant there were already at LEAST 666 posts, and it also meant that the only way there could have been 668 or more would have been a lot of people commenting very quickly at the time; as in, 1 or more per minute – that’s what gives you more of a lag between the front-page count and the true count. Bit the posting was not that frequent, which suggests that you really were number 666.

And no, as you can see from the preceding paragraph, I most certainly do NOT have a life.

RINO in Name Only on February 17, 2013 at 11:54 AM

We have got to stop letting the media destroy our people.

Cindy Munford on February 17, 2013 at 10:04 AM

I’ve learned that you can’t help people who won’t help themselves. The fight against the media must be led by the Republican politicians themselves. They need to demonstrate an understanding of what’s behind the strategy of attack, i.e., the Left, and confront and challenge the media as a strategy of their own.

rrpjr on February 17, 2013 at 11:55 AM

RINO in Name Only on February 17, 2013 at 11:40 AM

lolz..I just refreshed the page and saw 666 and freaked!..:)

Dire Straits on February 17, 2013 at 11:48 AM

Sorry..fixed..:)

Dire Straits on February 17, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Bmore on February 17, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Ah yes, I see. Well, that’s very flattering, but she appears to have decided to reject my tutelage. Too bad – I was thinking of making the redemption of bluegill my project.

RINO in Name Only on February 17, 2013 at 12:00 PM

A brief remark on this “cultism” business.

I can’t recall anybody who has used this smear about Palin supporters ever explaining it, or their specific personal experiences and what it means to them.

I supported Palin and was involved in O4P, the organizing group for her in California. There were about 40 people in our group. A cross-section of middle-class Americans, young, older, Hispanic, black, veterans, teachers, mostly well-educated, one former security worker who’d actually driven Palin around on a few occasions. The leader was a terrific guy, a veteran political organizer with boundless energy. In our first meeting, the first thing he said was that he was committed to supporting the party’s nominee, whoever that turned out to be. Everybody agreed. There was no discussion or controversy about this — ever.

No one trashed other candidates. No one expressed weird worshipfulness of Palin. Everybody I met and volunteered with in O4P was a sensible, pleasant and dedicated person. The one common thread among us seemed to be our sense that Palin spoke plainly, clearly and with conviction about our national problems in a way we hadn’t otherwise experienced from politicians. We believed in her.

When she decided not to run I recall no cult-like denial or anger. There was disappointment, concern for the country and a sense of irreplaceable loss in that none of the other candidates had the incisiveness, heart and courage of Palin. But people moved on. No one talked about not voting.

If I ever hear the term cult or cult-like or any of its other variations I’d appreciate that person’s personal experience, stories or substanation and what exactly it means to them beyond vague derogation.

rrpjr on February 17, 2013 at 12:17 PM

Cindy Munford on February 17, 2013 at 10:04 AM

I agree totally Cindy. Our problem is the MSM as Breitbart said and fought against. We don’t have a Conservative Network. Fox has went to the dark side for the most part and is so interested in giving the left a platform that it’s hard to get our message out.

That is not our only enemy, as we have Rove et al also spewing his lies every chance he gets.

But we do have several bright lights, Senator Cruz being one and I think he’ll give courage to some of the Tea Party/Conservatives in Congress that have lacked that.

bluefox on February 17, 2013 at 12:24 PM

RINO in Name Only on February 17, 2013 at 12:00 PM

Well it would definitely be full time. Hopefully involving taking away her computer.

arnold ziffel on February 17, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Odusa

Bmore on February 17, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Sincerely,
Ted Cruz

Fallon on February 17, 2013 at 10:35 AM

And to add this for all of the Sarah Palin Worshippers:-) here is another bit of info from Ted Cruz..

Last week Cruz collected the public support of former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin, an endorsement which remains powerful stuff among many in the GOP.

“Within the first couple of days since Governor Palin’s endorsement we had over 1000 contributions come in on line, the phones lit up,” said Cruz. irishcoins05/14/2012 10:56 PM

C4P

bluefox on February 17, 2013 at 12:30 PM

Conan on February 17, 2013 at 10:44 AM

There are very few in the Senate or the House for that matter that have any integrity. They cover for each other and it’s part of the corruption that Congress is infested with. Power and Greed. That’s why Senator Cruz and Rand Paul are such a threat to the good old boy’s club that Sarah Palin has been speaking about for some time.

bluefox on February 17, 2013 at 12:35 PM

arnold ziffel on February 17, 2013 at 12:26 PM

Wow!..What are you doing posting this early in the day my friend!!!..:)

PS..Beautiful piano..:)

Dire Straits on February 17, 2013 at 12:40 PM

rrpjr on February 17, 2013 at 12:17 PM

…Thank You!

KOOLAID2 on February 17, 2013 at 12:42 PM

RINO in Name Only on February 17, 2013 at 10:46 AM

I can’t speak to those old threads. But during the 2011/2012 time, there were many, many trolls on HA. Then up thru the Primaries until the Nomination of Romney they were still here. Then they dropped off and I haven’t seen any. Their job was done, they received their pay and now they are off somewhere else. Sure, some of them were banned, but I doubt there were that many that would account for their absence. That’s what I’ve seen anyway. Maybe others think something else.

bluefox on February 17, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Bmore on February 17, 2013 at 11:02 AM

We have some yet that don’t seem to know. But they will learn. You and I and others could re-post some of the garbage, but don’t want to infest the site. Once was enough!!

bluefox on February 17, 2013 at 12:47 PM

RINO in Name Only on February 17, 2013 at 12:00 PM

That takes on a whole new meaning for a glutton for punishment, LOL

bluefox on February 17, 2013 at 12:55 PM

696

Bmore on February 17, 2013 at 12:58 PM

Bmore on February 17, 2013 at 12:27 PM

LOL, ghastly! Before I clicked I thot it was going to be the ‘gill.

bluefox on February 17, 2013 at 12:59 PM

bluefox on February 17, 2013 at 12:59 PM

If only we had a photo of her.

Bmore on February 17, 2013 at 1:07 PM