Quotes of the day

posted at 8:31 pm on February 16, 2013 by Allahpundit

Whispers has learned that Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas will be the closing speaker at the Conservative Political Action Conference this March, an annual political conference that draws more conservatives than any other event in the country.

Last year, former Vice Presidential candidate Sarah Palin won the coveted speaking spot. Tea party favorite Allen West closed the conference in 2011, and conservative commentator Glenn Beck spoke last in 2010…

“In just a few months, Ted Cruz has become a strong, independent conservative voice in the Senate,” ACU Chairman Al Cardenas said in a press release Thursday. “Senator Cruz personifies the theme of this year’s CPAC—America’s Future: The Next Generation of Conservatives.”

***

Cruz’s ambition and no-holds-barred style have made him a hero among conservative activists and raised talk that Cruz – like Florida Senator Marco Rubio, another Hispanic rising star among Republicans – might run for president as soon as 2016.

“He’s a political phenomenon, and he has managed to become a national figure in a very short period of time,” said Steve Munisteri, chairman of the Texas Republican Party. “I have no doubt that a year from now, virtually every Republican activist in the country will know who Ted Cruz is.”…

“In the modern, cable television-talk radio media age, the more outrageous you are, the more attention you get,” [AEI analyst Norm] Ornstein said. “And Cruz is no dummy. He’s a smart, articulate guy. You’ll be seeing and hearing him a lot.”…

Cruz accompanied McConnell on a congressional visit to Israel and Afghanistan last month and won an admirer in the process. McConnell told the National Review Online afterward that Cruz was “ready for prime time on day one, which is pretty unusual for somebody who just got sworn in.”

***

“I love the guy,” said conservative Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.), another “no” vote against Kerry who also opposes Hagel. “And he’s got the tenacity to stand for something and not back down. That means he’s my kind of guy.”

“I think he’s going to be a superstar,” said Florida Sen. Marco Rubio, a fellow Cuban-American and another rising star on the right. “You’re already starting to see some of that. He’s just smart as a whip.”

Cruz declined a request for an interview, citing his lost voice after suffering from a cold. But in response to written questions, Cruz was unapologetic.

“I made promises to the people of Texas that I would come to Washington to shake up the status quo, to fight for conservative principles and to lead a concerted and meaningful effort to end the unsustainable spending, deficits and debt that have been propagated, unfortunately, by members of both parties,” Cruz said.

***

“I think he’s got unlimited potential,” Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) told Manu Raju of Politico. “But the one thing I will say to any new senator — you’re going to be respected if you can throw a punch but you also have to prove you can do a deal.”

Sure, the people of Texas sent Cruz to Washington to shake things up. But once here, the need to govern (read, putting what’s right for the nation ahead of what’s right for one’s image back home) ought to trump all other considerations. Great senators are the ones whose influence reaches far beyond their home states because they (usually) put country above party, ideology and politics when it is needed most. Looks like it’s going to take a while for Cruz to learn this, assuming that’s possible.

***

Cruz has taken the wear-their-scorn-as-a-badge-of-honor approach with his liberal critics. As he told Glenn Beck last month, “I view all of that as a sign that maybe we’re doing something right.”

Behind the scenes, Cruz has rankled even Republican colleagues, who think he lectures too much at private party sessions — “pontificates” is one word used — and listens too little, especially for a newbie.

One Republican senator described Cruz to me as “Jim De­Mint without the charm,” referring to the rigidly conservative South Carolina Republican who left the Senate to head the Heritage Foundation — and who was not exactly renowned for being warm and fuzzy. Cruz is said to have a frosty relationship with his state’s senior senator, John Cornyn (R), dating to Cruz’s surprising decision, as Senate candidate, not to endorse his fellow Texan’s bid for party whip…

What reasonable inference is there to draw about this brash new senator? That there’s little he won’t do in pursuit of his prey.

***

He’s an ornery, swaggering piece of work. Just six weeks since his arrival on Capitol Hill, he’s already known for his naysaying, his nit-picking and his itch to upbraid lawmakers who are vastly senior to him, who have sacrificed more than he has and who deserve a measure of respect, or at least an iota of courtesy. Courtesy isn’t Cruz’s métier. Grandstanding and browbeating are…

Note in particular a Republican pollster’s recent interviews with Ohio voters. When the pollster asks them to play word association with “Republican,” the answers indeed include a few descriptions that the profiles of Rubio and Cruz push back against: “rich,” “white.” But the adjectives “rigid” and “polarizing” also come up, along with a lament about an “all-or-nothing” approach. These descriptions fit Cruz like a glove…

Indeed, the challenge for Republicans now — a challenge that, to limited and varying degrees, Rubio and even Eric Cantor are beginning to grasp — is to be seen and to act as a constructive force, as a party that’s for things, that wants to be inclusive and that operates with a generosity of spirit, not an overflow of spite. With his votes and his vitriol, Cruz undermines that. He brings himself plenty of attention. He’ll bring Republicans nothing but grief.

***

“Comity does not mean avoiding the truth,” [Cruz] added. “And it would be wrong to avoid speaking the truth about someone’s record and past policy positions, even if doing so inevitably subjects me to personal criticism from Democrats and the media.”

To the growing core of ardent conservatives in the Senate, Mr. Cruz has offered a jolt of positive energy.

“If you don’t ruffle any feathers, you’re not doing anything right,” said Senator Rand Paul, Republican of Kentucky, who garnered similar attention in his opening weeks in the Senate two years ago…

After she raised the specter of McCarthyism, Ms. McCaskill was asked if she had spoken to Mr. Cruz about her concerns.

“I’m not sure it would do any good,” she said. “Do you?”

***

At times, the meeting slipped into an unusually accusatory and bitter back-and-forth, with Republicans like Ted Cruz, a freshman senator from Texas, going as far as to suggest that Mr. Hagel had accepted money from nations that oppose American interests.

Saying that he had serious doubts about the source of payments that Mr. Hagel had accepted for speaking engagements, Mr. Cruz declared, “It is at a minimum relevant to know if that $200,000 that he deposited in his bank account came directly from Saudi Arabia, came directly from North Korea.”

***

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

***

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 8

Cruz!!!

KCB on February 16, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Yep!

KCB on February 16, 2013 at 8:32 PM

1st!!

abobo on February 16, 2013 at 8:32 PM

KCB!!!!!!!!!

abobo on February 16, 2013 at 8:33 PM

I find Ted Cruz captivating. I love watching him in tv interviews and during hearings. The man is so smooth and in-control.

He is never afraid to go on offense, which he does with ease, and he can handle any kind of nasty attack thrown at him.

I am definitely a fan.

bluegill on February 16, 2013 at 8:38 PM

abobo on February 16, 2013 at 8:33 PM

We may be the only ones here….

KCB on February 16, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Now that’s what I’m talkin’ about! Get ‘em, Ted!

He’s upbraiding establishment GOPers who have sold out the base. I say again–Get ‘em, Ted!

predator on February 16, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Cruz is like the male version of Palin.

KCB on February 16, 2013 at 8:39 PM

1st!!

abobo on February 16, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Fail
…………………………………………….

Cruz rocks and the left’s fear is something to behold.

CW on February 16, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Implying that Cruz isn’t acting out of principle, but simply out of a desire for attention. Similar to the argument that Rush is just an entertainer

But not Obama, right? Never a Democrat.

Kataklysmic on February 16, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Shucks I was hoping QOTD would be about Ashley Judd for Senate!

Bmore on February 16, 2013 at 8:41 PM

predator on February 16, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Ugh, if I see someone here moan about “the establishment” again, I am going to barf.

bluegill on February 16, 2013 at 8:41 PM

KCB on February 16, 2013 at 8:39 PM

I see what you are doing there. Lol! ; )

Bmore on February 16, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Cruz is like the male version of Palin.
KCB on February 16, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Palin isn’t fit to shine Cruz’s shoes. Let’s be serious.

bluegill on February 16, 2013 at 8:42 PM

The Establishment!

Bmore on February 16, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Bmore, Pedator, et al…*clink!*

KCB on February 16, 2013 at 8:43 PM

I am definitely a fan.

bluegill on February 16, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Then he is screwed!

Bmore on February 16, 2013 at 8:44 PM

predator on February 16, 2013 at 8:39 PM

He takes it to the establishment like PALIN.

RickB on February 16, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Bmore, I don’t need no stinkin’ breadballs!

KCB on February 16, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Then barf away, fishie. And I’m not moaning. I’m stating fact. The good ol’ boy wing of this party has betrayed us and cost us elections with their “get along” legislative bs for too long. BARF! BARF!

predator on February 16, 2013 at 8:45 PM

KCB *clink!* predator, the rounds are on me tonight! ; )

Bmore on February 16, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Let’s be serious.

bluegill on February 16, 2013 at 8:42 PM

By all means! Let’s!

KCB on February 16, 2013 at 8:45 PM

predator on February 16, 2013 at 8:39 PM

bluegill on February 16, 2013 at 8:41 PM

How many times would we have to repeat it, to run you off?

listens2glenn on February 16, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Bmore, Pedator, et al…*clink!*

KCB on February 16, 2013 at 8:43 PM

*clink*

predator on February 16, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Remember that, Republican establishment, when you’re trashing the Tea Party. We gave you Rubio, Paul,and Cruz.

Doughboy on February 16, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Good evening everyone!! :-)

BG: I am gonna moan about the establishment…moaning about ‘the establishment’ again, now barf…

Scrumpy on February 16, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Palin isn’t fit to shine Cruz’s shoes. Let’s be serious.

bluegill on February 16, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Yoy need to remove your blue dress and get off your knees it help with the Mittwit and won’t help with anybody else you favor.

RickB on February 16, 2013 at 8:46 PM

Would anyone mind if I cut to the..top?
1st! :)

Electrongod on February 16, 2013 at 8:47 PM

What I really liked about the Cruz campaign was Sarah’s cowgirl boots.

Bmore on February 16, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Chrissy=Lovely.

KCB on February 16, 2013 at 8:47 PM

I love watching Cruz before he goes into attack mode. He appears calm and deep in thought, lulling his target into a false sense of safety, and then he strikes with strong arguments, counter-arguments, often putting his opponent on the spot and making him\her answer specific points. The man is sharp and unapologetically tough.

bluegill on February 16, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Would anyone mind if I cut to the..top?
1st! :)

Electrongod on February 16, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Enjoy!

KCB on February 16, 2013 at 8:48 PM

*Super CLINK* ;-)

Oh Ted Cruz is like Palin resurrected my my…be still my beating heart… ;-D

Palin/Cruz or Cruz/Palin 2016!!

Scrumpy on February 16, 2013 at 8:48 PM

oh noes…Cruz seems to have upset the former restaurant critic of the NYT. And, I know this is old stuff, but Todd Atkin should hang his head in shame for losing to McCaskill. We will all have to suffer thru many more years of her insufferable ‘centrist’ left wing harping

but Cruz seems to be pulling all the right chains so far

r keller on February 16, 2013 at 8:48 PM

KCB *clink!* predator, the rounds are on me tonight! ; )

Bmore on February 16, 2013 at 8:45 PM

Are you buying it or bringing it from the still? *not that it matters;)*

Oh, and just let me say:

ESTABLISHMENT! ESTABLISHMENT! ESTABLISHMENT! ESTABLISHMENT! ESTABLISHMENT! ESTABLISHMENT! ESTABLISHMENT! ESTABLISHMENT! ESTABLISHMENT! ESTABLISHMENT!

predator on February 16, 2013 at 8:48 PM

predator on February 16, 2013 at 8:39 PM

bluegill on February 16, 2013 at 8:41 PM

THE ESTABLISHMENT ‘GOP’ SEVERELY VACUUMS BIG TIME DONKEY !

listens2glenn on February 16, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Nice to see Cruz reject The Establishment squish.

Bmore on February 16, 2013 at 8:49 PM

KCB on February 16, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Ken = Sweet!!

Scrumpy on February 16, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Will the Palinistas please quit trying to piggyback on Cruz’s demonstrated strength by calling Palin the female Ted Cruz. If anything, Palin is the Paris Hilton of politics. “Hey, look at me! Give me attention!”

Anyway, enough about Palin; this thread is about Cruz.

bluegill on February 16, 2013 at 8:50 PM

What I really liked about the Cruz campaign was Sarah’s cowgirl boots.

Bmore on February 16, 2013 at 8:47 PM

I don’t think Cruz would have won without Sarah’s help. We owe her our gratitude.

KCB on February 16, 2013 at 8:51 PM

bluegill on February 16, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Hey, you.

Rusty Allen on February 16, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Anyway, enough about Palin; this thread is about Cruz.

bluegill on February 16, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Cruz is Reaganesque

Electrongod on February 16, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Oh, and just let me say:

predator on February 16, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Now you’re just being mean, . . . . . and I’m proud of you. : )

listens2glenn on February 16, 2013 at 8:52 PM

People who think they can ESTABLISH the rules need to start their own blog–really. Then they would have their own blog ESTABLISHMENT!

predator on February 16, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Anyway, enough about Palin; this thread is about Cruz.

bluegill on February 16, 2013 at 8:50 PM

My my, bluegill, always HA’s sweetheart.

arnold ziffel on February 16, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Rusty Allen on February 16, 2013 at 8:52 PM

You forgot to ;-)

KCB on February 16, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Anyway, enough about Palin; this thread is about Cruz.

bluegill on February 16, 2013 at 8:50 PM

“As you know, I am not the first or the only candidate to benefit from Gov. Palin and SarahPAC’s courageous support for conserativism. SenatorsDeb Fischer, Jeff Flake, Tim Scott, Marco Rubio, Kelly Ayotte, Rand Paul and other common-sense conservatives are proof that Americans are ready to return to our nation’s founding principles.
I look forward to working alongside these and other strong conservatives to stand up to the big government bureaucracy that is entrenched in Washington, DC. Every American deserves the opportunity to build a better life for our children and grandchildren, and together we will fight for the conservative ideals of liberty and opportunity that made this country the greatest on Earth.
I am humbled and grateful for the continuing support of patriots like you.”

– Ted Cruz

idesign on February 16, 2013 at 8:53 PM

The establishment is the death of the Republican party. Viva DeCruz. Viva LaPalin.

KMav on February 16, 2013 at 8:54 PM

idesign on February 16, 2013 at 8:53 PM

That wasn’t very nice :-)

KCB on February 16, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Anyway, enough about Palin; this thread is about Cruz.

bluegill on February 16, 2013 at 8:50 PM

TED CRUZ IS THE MALE SARAH PALIN ! … PASS IT ALONG !

listens2glenn on February 16, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Anyway, enough about Palin; this thread is about Cruz.

bluegill on February 16, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Lets talk about Allen West and Glen Beck too.

RickB on February 16, 2013 at 8:55 PM

McCarthy may have been bluffing about the “list”, but he wasn’t wrong about the Soviets having infiltrated the US government.

Count to 10 on February 16, 2013 at 8:55 PM

How dare the Hispanic Canook invader not bow to his betters.

I am definitely a fan.

bluegill on February 16, 2013 at 8:38 PM

Then he is screwed!

Bmore on February 16, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Yep, KOD

cozmo on February 16, 2013 at 8:56 PM

bluegill on February 16, 2013 at 8:48 PM

Sorry to throw cold water on your bromance, but As solicitor general, he fought to protect the Boy Scouts’ ban on gay scout leaders

I personally think it’s great, but we all know how you feel about hateful neanderthal bigots who support banning gays from scouting.

Mitch Rapp on February 16, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Lets talk about Allen West and Glen Beck too.

RickB on February 16, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Who’s Glenn Beck? … : )

listens2glenn on February 16, 2013 at 8:58 PM

Mitch Rapp on February 16, 2013 at 8:56 PM

Does Irene know you’re here? ;)

predator on February 16, 2013 at 8:58 PM

predator on February 16, 2013 at 8:39 PM

Cheers!

– Ted Cruz

idesign on February 16, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Thank you! I was about to go look for that.

INC on February 16, 2013 at 8:59 PM

Oh be still my beating heart!

A Cruz/Palin ticket would send me over the edge of sheer pleasure!

But then again a Palin/Cruz ticket would be orgasmic!! ;-O

Scrumpy on February 16, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Who’s Glenn Beck? … : )

listens2glenn on February 16, 2013 at 8:58 PM

From my understanding, he is the jerk who bought the studios at Las Colinas and closed down the tour.

They had some really neat submarines from “The hunt for Red October” and “War and Remembrance”.

cozmo on February 16, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Still waiting for your NRA membership kit? You’re not alone.

Thanks to the anti-gun zealotry of Second Amendment-stomping politicians and squawking heads like Musket Morgan, the NRA has experienced a flood of new membership requests. New members are already receiving emails from the organization, but this month, many are wondering why they haven’t received anything in the mail.

Colbyjack on February 16, 2013 at 9:02 PM

I am definitely a fan.

bluegill on February 16, 2013 at 8:38 PM

So is you a Cruzer? Does he make you excited?

arnold ziffel on February 16, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Anyway, enough about Palin; this thread is about Cruz.

bluegill on February 16, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Palin endorsed Cruz.
bluegill supports Cruz.
bluegill = Palin

Need another bucket yet?

News2Use on February 16, 2013 at 9:02 PM

The woman Ted Cruz owes his seat to is Kay Bailey Hutchison. It was an open seat. He couldn’t have beaten an incumbent and his primary opponent was as dull as dishwater.

Prediction: Cornyn runs unopposed. The “Tea Party” can’t find anybody. Well, anybody serious. Greg Abbott says no, he supports Cornyn. Good.

Marcus on February 16, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Palin isn’t fit to shine Cruz’s shoes. Let’s be serious.

bluegill on February 16, 2013 at 8:42 PM

…and you’re not fit to hold his (bowling) ba11s!

KOOLAID2 on February 16, 2013 at 9:03 PM

arnold ziffel on February 16, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Cruzer huh??? I think I like it!

KCB on February 16, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Marcus on February 16, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Nope

cozmo on February 16, 2013 at 9:04 PM

What I really liked about the Cruz campaign was Sarah’s cowgirl boots.

Bmore on February 16, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Mr B, I love a lady in a sundress and cowboy boots. Just very nice.

arnold ziffel on February 16, 2013 at 9:05 PM

KCB on February 16, 2013 at 8:51 PM

I agree. Sarah really has a great track record of picking winners. Lets hope Cruz stays a winner for us Tea Party Types. Downtwinkles to the Establishment types.

Bmore on February 16, 2013 at 9:05 PM

But then again a Palin/Cruz ticket would be orgasmic!! ;-O

Scrumpy on February 16, 2013 at 9:00 PM

Dang…
*Clink*

Electrongod on February 16, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Marcus on February 16, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Owes? For retireing? She did not donate to him. She did not campaign for him. Saying Cruz owes Kay Bailey is stupid.

KCB on February 16, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Cruz/Paul.

HHS-Carson

Interior/Energy-Palin

AG-Liz Cheney

SecDef-K.T. McFarland

State-John Bolton

U.N. Ambassador-Close it down.

Border-Arpaio

I gotta stop. My heart’s beating too fast.

predator on February 16, 2013 at 9:06 PM

It would be amusing to see new Dallas transplant Glenn Beck try to oust Cornyn. It certainly would out Ashley that Judd. And he’s just as kooky to try it.

Marcus on February 16, 2013 at 9:06 PM

…and you’re not fit to hold his (bowling) ba11s!

KOOLAID2 on February 16, 2013 at 9:03 PM

She wants to though.

arnold ziffel on February 16, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Ted Cruz is one of the few who gets it. I hope he doesn’t get beaten down by Washington and continues just like he has been.

He is definitely one of the bright spots of a crappy election year.

gophergirl on February 16, 2013 at 9:07 PM

This says a lot about both Sarah and Ted.

Bmore on February 16, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Bmore on February 16, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Crack me up. (:

SparkPlug on February 16, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Marcus on February 16, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Strike two

cozmo on February 16, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Cruz/Paul.

HHS-Carson

Interior/Energy-Palin

AG-Liz Cheney

SecDef-K.T. McFarland

State-John Bolton

U.N. Ambassador-Close it down.

Border-Arpaio

I gotta stop. My heart’s beating too fast.

predator on February 16, 2013 at 9:06 PM

No kidding – that is perfection.

gophergirl on February 16, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Who’s Glenn Beck? … : )

listens2glenn on February 16, 2013 at 8:58 PM

cozmo
on February 16, 2013 at 9:01 PM

Who was the previous owner?

listens2glenn on February 16, 2013 at 9:08 PM

gophergirl on February 16, 2013 at 9:07 PM

He better make sure not to bring a bottle of water to a speech…..

Electrongod on February 16, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Oo-ee, oo-ee baby
Oo-ee, oo-ee baby
Oo-ee, oo-ee baby
Won’t ya let me take you on a T-Cruz?

TXUS on February 16, 2013 at 9:08 PM

I understand why the Senators themselves, with their vaunted “collegiality” and cliquish institutional loyalties, would respect the sham notion that is seniority, but it’s rather appalling that anyone else would.

If my state decides to scrap our current jackass for some new guy, then I’m somehow entitled to less representation than someone in some other state who nostalgically holds on to whichever 30-year+ kleptocrat they’ve grown attached to?

RINO in Name Only on February 16, 2013 at 9:08 PM

KCB on February 16, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Mind pointing to the last Republican Senator who didn’t leave office voluntarily and was voted out? I’ll limit it to the entire history of Texas and every Republican senator it’s ever had.

Marcus on February 16, 2013 at 9:09 PM

*Clink*

Electrongod on February 16, 2013 at 9:06 PM

**CLINK**

Meso bad ;-)

Scrumpy on February 16, 2013 at 9:09 PM

cozmo on February 16, 2013 at 9:08 PM

*chuckle*

SparkPlug on February 16, 2013 at 9:09 PM

It’s significant that CPAC picked Cruz to be the closer.

INC on February 16, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Hi GG!

KCB on February 16, 2013 at 9:10 PM

What I really liked about the Cruz campaign was Sarah’s cowgirl boots.

Bmore on February 16, 2013 at 8:47 PM

…(oh oh!…I’m not seeing NOTHING about BOOTS again!)

KOOLAID2 on February 16, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Let the palinización of Ted Cruz begin!

steebo77 on February 16, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Meso bad ;-)

Scrumpy on February 16, 2013 at 9:09 PM

I hear no complainin’

KCB on February 16, 2013 at 9:10 PM

No kidding – that is perfection.

gophergirl on February 16, 2013 at 9:08 PM

A guy can dream, right? :D

predator on February 16, 2013 at 9:11 PM

What”s right for Texas IS what”s right for America! I frankly don’t give a s— if Lindsey Graham OR John McCain approve! Republicans have been all nice and get along in order to keep in the club for about as long as I can stand!!!

AnnaS on February 16, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Hi GG!

KCB on February 16, 2013 at 9:10 PM

Hello!

gophergirl on February 16, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Look how he is rankling these old Senate bastards. He’s not there to be part of their club, and they hate that.

Mark1971 on February 16, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Bmore on February 16, 2013 at 9:07 PM

They look simply divine together!!

Sigh!

Scrumpy on February 16, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Cruz is like the male version of Palin.

KCB on February 16, 2013 at 8:39 PM

I was thinking the same thing reading the “accurate” comments AP posted.

bluefox on February 16, 2013 at 9:13 PM

Marcus on February 16, 2013 at 9:09 PM

So what? That seat was easily Dewhurst’s seat. Cruz took it with no help from KBH, so saying he owes KBH is, well…Stupid.

KCB on February 16, 2013 at 9:13 PM

KCB on February 16, 2013 at 9:10 PM

I am in fine mettle tonight Ken!! {hug}

Scrumpy on February 16, 2013 at 9:14 PM

AnnaS on February 16, 2013 at 9:11 PM

AMEN!

I’m tired of being “nice”. It’s time to start playing in the mud and forget the “colleague across the aisle” stuff.

gophergirl on February 16, 2013 at 9:14 PM

I forgot Republican Senator John Tower of Texas who died in a plane crash. I wouldn’t call that leaving office voluntarily.

Marcus on February 16, 2013 at 9:14 PM