Quotes of the day

posted at 9:21 pm on February 15, 2013 by Allahpundit

Among some party loyalists, there is a natural tendency to maintain that the GOP is simply suffering from a “communications problem,” that if only Republicans spoke more loudly, more insistently, and with greater purity and passion, they would broaden their appeal and proceed to sweep national elections. But that counsel, appealing as it might be to a shrinking segment of the electorate, is surely not adequate to present circumstances. More is needed than pumping up the volume.

Intellectual honesty is the first requirement of self-renewal. Republican problems are not superficial or transient

Republicans need to express and demonstrate a commitment to the common good, a powerful and deeply conservative concept. There is an impression—exaggerated but not wholly without merit—that the GOP is hyper-individualistic. During the Republican convention, for example, we repeatedly heard about the virtues of individual liberty but almost nothing about the importance of community or social solidarity, and of the obligations and attachments we have to each other. Even Republican figures who espouse relatively moderate policy prescriptions often sound like libertarians run amok.

***

Speaking of the Republican Party, we are currently seeing two different splits. The first is the establishment vs. the Tea Party. The examples here are Karl Rove vs. conservative groups, as well as Haley Barbour vs. the Club for Growth. But the second split is Washington vs. non-Washington Republicans. And the best way to illustrate this split is between Marco Rubio (Washington) and Bobby Jindal (non-Washington). As we wrote yesterday, Rubio’s State of the Union response was similar to any speech you’d hear from Mitt Romney in 2012, with the exception of Rubio’s different background and his personal story. On the other hand, Jindal has argued that his party should stop focusing so much on Washington budget battles and should instead focus on what’s taking place in the states. We single out these two Republicans because of the obvious 2016 ramifications. Both are conservatives; both appear to be what the party needs as far as looks are concerned (the party is tired of being defined as the party of white men); but both do represent two different schools of thinking of how to rebrand the party.

***

A new battle has flared inside the Republican Party in recent days as supporters of more-liberal immigration laws wage a behind-the-scenes campaign to discredit the influential advocacy groups that have long powered the GOP’s hard-line stance on the issue…

Republicans pushing the party to rethink its approach to the issue are accusing those groups — Numbers USA, the Center for Immigration Studies (CIS), and the Federation for American Immigration Reform (FAIR) — of masquerading as conservative. Critics say the groups and some of their supporters are pressing an un­or­tho­dox agenda of strict population control that also has included backing for abortion, sterilization and other policies at odds with conservative ideology.

“If these groups can be unmasked, then the bulk of the opposition to immigration reform on the conservative side will wither away,” said Alfonso Aguilar, executive director of the Latino Partnership for Conservative Principles and a leading organizer of the effort.

Officials from the groups say they are the victims of a smear campaign that unfairly characterizes their mission.

***

The worst part of the Obama campaign, remember, was its candidate: He kept saying stupid things such as “the private sector is doing fine” and “you didn’t build that” and then he totally, completely, massively flopped in the first presidential debate. He won anyway because of strategists like Plouffe, Axelrod, Messina, and this guy and because the Republicans spent most of their time warning about a fiscal crisis that hasn’t happened. The national GOP simply does not know how to reach its voters and provide them tangible benefits and positive reasons to show up at the polls. As if to prove this point, much of the Republican establishment has reacted to the party’s recent defeat by rallying behind an amnesty for people who did not and will not vote for them.

Maybe a better way to win over Americans of every ethnicity would be to present a specific economic agenda to increase take-home pay through radical changes to the way we pay for health care, reductions in payroll taxes, and a nationalist approach to trade. Also last I checked Americans of every ethnicity drive cars so they might support Republicans who called for better roads and bridges and who championed government programs to encourage telecommuting. But enough of this crazy talk. What Americans really want, I’m told, is a cut in the corporate tax rate.

***

“And we can’t be afraid to call out Rush Limbaugh,” said Goodwin’s fiancée, S. E. Cupp, a New York Daily News columnist and a co-host of ”The Cycle” on MSNBC. “If we can get three Republicans on three different networks saying, ‘What Rush Limbaugh said is crazy and stupid and dangerous,’ maybe that’ll give other Republicans cover” to denounce the talk-show host as well…

Proximus seeks to marginalize the more strident talking heads by offering itself up to — or if necessary, forcing itself upon — the party as a 21st-century mouthpiece. “If I were training a candidate who’s against gay marriage,” Cupp told me, “I’d say: ‘Don’t change your beliefs, just say legislatively this is not a priority, and I’m not going to take away someone’s right. And if abortion or gay marriage is your No. 1 issue, I’m not your guy.’”…

She went on to say, “I don’t think we win by subtraction” — meaning, by casting out the party’s right wing to entice the centrists. Instead, Cupp and her fellow travelers hope to revive Lee Atwater’s bygone “big tent,” under which gay people and Tea Party members and isolationists and neocons would coexist without rancor. But Atwater, the legendary R.N.C. chairman, did not have to worry about freelance voices like Limbaugh and Todd Akin offending whole swaths of emerging demographic groups. Nor during the Atwater era, when Ronald Reagan was president, did the party’s most extreme wing intimidate other Republicans into legislating like extremists themselves, thereby further tarnishing the party’s image. When I mentioned this to the Proximus gathering, Goodwin explained the dilemma faced by Republicans in Congress. “What forces them to vote that way, 9 times out of 10, is a fear of a primary challenge,” he said. “What we hope to accomplish is to bring more voters into Republican primaries, so that it isn’t just the far right that shows up at the polls.”

The dilemma, Goodwin acknowledged, is that the far-right rhetoric may well repel such voters from participating in G.O.P. primaries to begin with. “We recognize that this isn’t something that’s going to happen anytime soon,” he said.

***

My conversations this week with two Republican officials, along with a Democratic strategist’s timely memo, reflect a growing school of thought in Washington that social change and a disillusioned electorate threaten the entire two-party system…

Between bites of an $18.95 SteakBurger at the Palm, one of Washington’s premier expense-account restaurants, Republican consultant Scott Reed summed up the state of politics and his beloved GOP. “The party,” he told me, “is irrelevant.”

He cited the familiar litany of problems: demographic change, poor candidates, ideological rigidity, deplorable approval ratings, and a rift between social and economic conservatives.

“It’s leading to some type of crash and reassessment and change,” said Reed, who ran Bob Dole’s 1996 presidential campaign and remains an influential lobbyist and operative. “It can’t continue on this path.”

***

Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comments

Comment pages: 1 5 6 7 8

Here ya go, B. A nice, mellow one.

4Grace on February 16, 2013 at 1:22 AM

predator on February 16, 2013 at 1:19 AM

That was funny. (Even with the Allah comments.)

4Grace on February 16, 2013 at 1:24 AM

4Grace on February 16, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Very mellow, the visuals remind a little of Joel Peter Witkins work.

Bmore on February 16, 2013 at 1:25 AM

Iggy Jerk

Bmore on February 16, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Iggy Jerk

Bmore on February 16, 2013 at 1:26 AM

I declare a winner! I think that one best incorporated the 2 words/concepts. ;)

4Grace on February 16, 2013 at 1:28 AM

Here ya go, B. A nice, mellow one.

4Grace on February 16, 2013 at 1:22 AM

Ah. OK. By the time my brain stops vibrating, the sun will be up. Thanks for that.

*you trickster, you*

predator on February 16, 2013 at 1:29 AM

Ha! Jethro Jerk

Bmore on February 16, 2013 at 1:32 AM

*you trickster, you*

predator on February 16, 2013 at 1:29 AM

I’m right there with you. Perhaps if I could have understood even one word of the lyrics…Nah, I would still hate it.
Definitely not my kind of “music.”

4Grace on February 16, 2013 at 1:32 AM

OK, good night folks, and thank you everyone for the nice birthday wishes… ;)

SWalker on February 16, 2013 at 1:33 AM

Ha! Jethro Jerk

Bmore on February 16, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Always been a Tull fan, but I’ve never heard that one before.

4Grace on February 16, 2013 at 1:35 AM

Good Night SWalker, Sleep Well.

Bmore on February 16, 2013 at 1:36 AM

OK, good night folks, and thank you everyone for the nice birthday wishes… ;)

SWalker on February 16, 2013 at 1:33 AM

Good Night, old man. *just couldn’t resist*

predator on February 16, 2013 at 1:37 AM

Goodnight, SW! Sweet dreams to you.

4Grace on February 16, 2013 at 1:37 AM

Elton Jerk

Bmore on February 16, 2013 at 1:37 AM

Cross-eyed Mary.

predator on February 16, 2013 at 1:39 AM

I’m going to retire to bed, also. Long day tomorrow.

Thanks for the tunes, chit chat, and that…um, circle. Lolz

Love you guys!

4Grace on February 16, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Cool Jerk

Bmore on February 16, 2013 at 1:41 AM

Cross-eyed Mary.

predator on February 16, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Good one, I thought about it. Lol!

Bmore on February 16, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Todd Jerk. This one goes out to c_f, New Aesthetic. Miss you dude. ; )

Bmore on February 16, 2013 at 1:46 AM

Good Night 4Grace, Pleasant Dreams xo

Bmore on February 16, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Good night, Grace. And Bmore, too. I have to get up and go decide what computer I’m going to upgrade to. Mine is eight years old, and it’s time to retire it. Hasta la vista, babehz.

See you next time.

predator on February 16, 2013 at 1:48 AM

Good Night predator, Sleep Easy. Apple.

Bmore on February 16, 2013 at 1:50 AM

Just went back and checked the Juan thread. Crazy, man.

tommy71 on February 16, 2013 at 1:56 AM

Good Night predator, Sleep Easy. Apple.

Bmore on February 16, 2013 at 1:50 AM

Love to go Apple, but it’s out of my price range. Lookin’ at an HP Pavilion with 6mb RAM, 1tb hard drive, and a quad core processor. Gonna throw in some Bose speakers (Companion 2) and a different printer maybe. I would LOVE to get Companion 5 speaks–they sound heavenly–but they’re also $400 bucks. Whoops! Can’t go there! We’ll see what I end up doing.

predator on February 16, 2013 at 1:56 AM

Later predator. ; )

Bmore on February 16, 2013 at 1:58 AM

Just went back and checked the Juan thread. Crazy, man.

tommy71 on February 16, 2013 at 1:56 AM

I looked at it some time ago. Williams is a leftist jerk. Fox is bringing on more and more like him. I’m thinking about just dumping them from my listing and getting my news channels from the web. PJTV, BrietbartTV, Newsbusters, etc. Screw Fox.

predator on February 16, 2013 at 1:58 AM

Good Night All. Morphine Jerk

Bmore on February 16, 2013 at 2:00 AM

I’m out. Later, patriots.

predator on February 16, 2013 at 2:01 AM

Bashing Rush and listening to the guy who ran Dole”s campaign sounds like a great way to further the Republican brand! Not.

AnnaS on February 16, 2013 at 2:02 AM

KCB on February 16, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Ill put in a good word for you. You could get some flan out of the deal.

SparkPlug on February 16, 2013 at 2:05 AM

I have the flu. My body hurts.

SparkPlug on February 16, 2013 at 2:16 AM

Spark, take enough medication and rest.

tommy71 on February 16, 2013 at 2:39 AM

All I got

tom daschle concerned on February 16, 2013 at 2:51 AM

Oh crap Spark.
I had it Christmas..nasty stuff.
b9 wishes she could take care of u.
You know the drill..meds,liquids,sleep..
burn it out. (hug)

bazil9 on February 16, 2013 at 2:57 AM

I like what I’m hearing from Glenn Beck about the direction we need to go, I hope he keeps it up.

FloatingRock on February 16, 2013 at 3:03 AM

OK, so let’s review:

The Democrat Partys get the paid Union thugs, the street critters looking for a handout, the liberal media that spreads the 0bamaGanda while sitting on the facts [until their candidate wins, and now are trying to bring in a law breaking people without two nickels to rub together.

The Republican Party gets the TEA Partys [whom they are trying to destroy today], spineless voters who think keeping their chairs warm is more important than allowing a communist styled government to take over, and a few independent stalwart people who work to keep the American dream alive.

Well golly gee, Wilbur! Why is it that the republicans cannot get elected? /sarc

America ALWAYS gets the government it DESERVES.

DannoJyd on February 16, 2013 at 3:20 AM

FloatingRock on February 16, 2013 at 3:03 AM

While I agree with most of what Glenn says [while LOVING his new cable station] I wish his delivery was more Clint Eastwood and less Dan Rather.

BTW, thanks for the link.

DannoJyd on February 16, 2013 at 3:34 AM

FloatingRock on February 16, 2013 at 3:03 AM

Thx for the link.
Watching..liking..

bazil9 on February 16, 2013 at 3:38 AM

No problem, if you like it spread it around.

FloatingRock on February 16, 2013 at 4:08 AM

Jeb Bush: I would govern like Lyndon Johnson As President

[Danno watches the Romney supporters get excited while the GOP Elitists work behind closed doors to destroy possible conservative candidates]

Thus it begins anew.

America ALWAYS gets the government it DESERVES!

DannoJyd on February 16, 2013 at 4:15 AM

I absolutely love watching Ted Cruz during tv interviews and in hearings. The man is smooth and calm, even when getting aggressive and going on the attack.

bluegill on February 16, 2013 at 5:06 AM

Thus it begins anew.
DannoJyd on February 16, 2013 at 4:15 AM

Hey Dan, who do you support for President at this early date? I’m so interested to know.

bluegill on February 16, 2013 at 5:08 AM

Anyone else think Dr. Carson (the black conservative neurosurgeon guy who separated the conjoined twins and stuck it to Obama) comes across as arrogant and stuck-up? I like him, but think he appears way too full if himself, kind of like Alan Keyes, and it’s not because of his race.

bluegill on February 16, 2013 at 5:11 AM

The split is between the elitist GOP ruling class and those citizens who oppose the big government(both parties) encroachment upon our freedoms and the shredding of our constitution by the Washington rulers’ (including their appointed hacks in the SC) deliberate abuse of it.
It is now coming to a head–selecting another failed unprincipled (Mr Etch-a -sketch)RINO and then attempting to fix your failure “problem” by sending out a hired hit man like Karl Rove to purge the party of conservatives, is an outrage.
The enemy is the GOP. When you systematically stand as the main impediment to stopping those who seek America’s rapid demise then you become its immediate enemy.
When you stab America’s reformers in the back (Tea Party, Sarah Palin)as your enemy, you solidify the reality that you are complicit with the anti-American left.

Don L on February 16, 2013 at 5:15 AM

Don L on February 16, 2013 at 5:15 AM

Oh, look. Another disgruntled Palinista and Mark Levin parrot I haven’t seen here before. You can spot the Mark Levin parrots a mile off.

So, Don, not only is Sarah Palin, whom you laughably call “America’s reformer,” a victim of the mean “establishment” conspiracy, but the Tea Party is a victim now, too? That poor Sarah Palin always seems to be victimized by someone. Let’s hope the Tea Party doesn’t fall victim to the same fate.

Ok, Don, now that you’ve gotten your requisite Mark Levin monologue impersonation out of the way, please tell us whom besides Palin do you support? I am so sick of some of you people complaining about every Republican candidate under the sun and calling everyone a RIINO. You can’t say Palin. She is not going to run, and an incompetent, gimmicky, lightweight quitter like her wouldn’t have a chance, anyway.

bluegill on February 16, 2013 at 6:00 AM

bluegill on February 16, 2013 at 6:00 AM

The adolescent game of name calling, in lieu of sound debate exposes the attacker for what he is. The fact is I never have listened to Mark Levin and the fact that you yourself say “I’m sick” saves me the trouble of pointing that out.
Can’t you just disagree without tearing down personally those with whom you disagree?

Don L on February 16, 2013 at 6:43 AM

Sarah Palin

SparkPlug on February 16, 2013 at 6:46 AM

Don L on February 16, 2013 at 6:43 AM

I agree with you.

SparkPlug on February 16, 2013 at 6:48 AM

Don L on February 16, 2013 at 6:43 AM

I didn’t say you were sick. But I did ask whom you supported. You failed to answer. Mark Levin did not feed you your opinions on that yet?

bluegill on February 16, 2013 at 6:56 AM

bluegill on February 16, 2013 at 5:11 AM

Hey Ms Fishy, I don’t think I have responded to you before, it’s so true what everyone says about you.

Only YOU would start out a comment with “Anyone else” make a point to point out that he is black, and then say he is “arrogant” “stuck-up”. Then finish off by saying “it’s not cuz of his race”.

Sure it is.

You are one arrogant implausable sanctimonious pompous irratic stupid ignorant fish.

You derive some kind of masochistic pleasure from tearing people down. Do you like being told what a cupid stunt you are?

People like you make me sick.

GFYS…

Go back down to the slimy bottom of your pond from whence you came.

Scrumpy on February 16, 2013 at 7:04 AM

bluegill on February 16, 2013 at 6:56 AM

Did you forget to take your meds this morning, again?

Scrumpy on February 16, 2013 at 7:05 AM

SparkPlug on February 16, 2013 at 6:46 AM

Good early morning Sparky!!! Hope your day will be a really good one! Love that phone ;-)

Scrumpy on February 16, 2013 at 7:07 AM

Now we know bluegills 2 greatest dislikes.
1. Sarah Palin
2. Educated blacks

renalin on February 16, 2013 at 7:18 AM

Just what, exactly, are the definitions of ‘far-right’ and ‘arch conservative’? I’ve been hearing those terms for decades, and no one has ever defined them. In use, they seem to mean anyone who disagrees with a liberal on anything, no matter how unimportant a detail. Now, too, it seems that establishment Pubs are also using the terms, to describe people like me who don’t want compromises any more with people who lie all the time and have no policies that work for the country as a whole.

For example, Obama put out an offer to cut $3 in spending for every new dollar in taxes. When the sitting crop of Congressional Pubs responded favorably, Obama moved the goal post left and now says he’ll talk but only that it’s now $2 in cuts for every new dollar in taxes.

That’s a sham and a scam, so I see no need to ‘compromise’ with Democrats ever again. But the Pub elitists tell me I’m wrong for that, and Rove is out there forming a group that basically says it doesn’t want to hear a word I say.

Fine–it’s their party and they can have it any way they want it. I don’t have to be a part of it, and haven’t officially been for twenty years. The only reason I voted for Pubs this recent election is to defeat the Dems. It failed, the entire Pub machine failed. Watered-down liberalism is still liberalism, and the Pubs will lose every time they try it.

For me now, it’s Conservatism or nothing.

Liam on February 16, 2013 at 7:25 AM

*extra a
having too much fun…
Rockwell Painting.

bazil9 on February 16, 2013 at 7:46 AM

Barcudda>Bluegill

bazil9 on February 16, 2013 at 7:45 AM

I would think more in terms of ‘guppy’.

Liam on February 16, 2013 at 7:47 AM

I would think more in terms of ‘guppy’.

Liam on February 16, 2013 at 7:47 AM

And I don’t mean Palin, either. :)

Liam on February 16, 2013 at 7:48 AM

I would think more in terms of ‘guppy’.

Liam on February 16, 2013 at 7:47 AM

And I don’t mean Palin, either. :)

Liam on February 16, 2013 at 7:48 AM

Its just ‘baitfish’ I would say.

bazil9 on February 16, 2013 at 7:49 AM

Mornin’, y’all. I believe the children are our future. (Hey. That could be a great lyric for a song. Oh…never mind.)
My take.

kingsjester on February 16, 2013 at 7:49 AM

Crunch, munch!

tommy71 on February 16, 2013 at 7:50 AM

gurgle* stomache ache

bazil9 on February 16, 2013 at 7:51 AM

gurgle* stomache ache

bazil9 on February 16, 2013 at 7:51 AM

Too much raw fish?

Liam on February 16, 2013 at 7:53 AM

@liam..
Tommy does..
He crunched and munched on BG’s tail.

bazil9 on February 16, 2013 at 7:54 AM

*breathing deeply. Settling down those rattled nerves*

tommy71 on February 16, 2013 at 7:56 AM

kingsjester on February 16, 2013 at 7:49 AM

KJ-I like the post..grew up like you.
But a serious question..one I swirl around Re:this topic.
All prayer could/would be included..no?
Get my drift?

bazil9 on February 16, 2013 at 7:57 AM

@b9 lol

tommy71 on February 16, 2013 at 7:58 AM

‘To sin by silence when they should protest makes cowards of men’. A very apt saying. Wish our pols had that ability or intelligence. Also works personally.

tommy71 on February 16, 2013 at 8:02 AM

bazil9 on February 16, 2013 at 7:57 AM

Of course. It was back then.

It’s those among us who claim to be the most intelligent and the most tolerant, who are actually the least tolerant of all.

For an example , please reference the deranged and jealous poster earlier in this thread.:)

kingsjester on February 16, 2013 at 8:06 AM

I’m serious T.
Guess we arent touching that one.
With our super duper ‘diversity’ comes differences.
I for one would not want to see our schools turned into
islamic prayer fests-with a prayer bell.

As for the pledge..grew up saying it every morning to a large flag always in the classroom. With the way things have been trending,I am not surprised it is being deleted. Same with school Christmas and Hanukkah plays and festivies…all secular now.
I work for myself now..can say whatever I please but before that I was only allowed to say “happy holidays” at the work place as time went on.

bazil9 on February 16, 2013 at 8:14 AM

bazil9 on February 16, 2013 at 8:14 AM

In their quest for “fairness”, Liberals have created a “collective” or Proletariat.

The opposite of “Diversity”.

kingsjester on February 16, 2013 at 8:21 AM

kingsjester on February 16, 2013 at 8:06 AM

Oh yes..IT has actually helped remind me be more tolerant!
Its good for something. ;)

Your post was interesting…
Do you think it was due to different denominations
not agreeing..RE: Catholic ect..? Back then.

bazil9 on February 16, 2013 at 8:22 AM

SE Cupp(*probably an “A” cup at that) is the problem. Too many pretend conservatives like her and Morning Joe and his Morning ho’ are the problem. We don’t need traitorous lesions that keep hanging on to the party label trying to make us more like the msnbc dolts they hang with.
No thanks SE! Just join the libs you hang with and be done with it.
Traitors like her, the fat basturd, Colin Powell,Tokyo Rove and the rest, are the problem. Not conservatives who just want good honest govt. in the fashion of our forefathers.
Let the hangers on try and be more like us. Don’t try the reverse. We see where that gets us.

rodguy911 on February 16, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Until the Republicans deal with their media problem, they will be fighting over conservative and moderate views in the party, not because they believe the conservative views are wrong, but because they believe they can’t win. Conservative views can and do win, when they’re allowed to be presented.

Just as an example, think of the 3 debates between Romney and Obama and the one debate between Biden and Ryan. What was the central thing that came from each debate? The first was, Obama wasn’t ready, the second was Obama looked better, the 3rd was Romney lied about Obama not calling Benghazi a terrorist attack. On the vice-presidential side it was all about Biden acting like a jerk and showing no respect for Rep. Ryan. How do you make an election about issues when this is allowed to happen? The only reason that was allowed to happen was because the media wing of the Democratic Party (thank you Roger Hedgecock) didn’t want the election to be about issues, because if it was about issues President Obama loses.

My advice to Republicans, be conservative, deal with the media, and do NOT give up the fight because our country is way too important to be turning into socialist Europe.

bflat879 on February 16, 2013 at 8:26 AM

bazil9 on February 16, 2013 at 8:14 AM

The opposite of “Diversity”.

kingsjester on February 16, 2013 at 8:21 AM

Seems to be working well in Europe and beyond. /

bazil9 on February 16, 2013 at 8:27 AM

bazil9 on February 16, 2013 at 8:22 AM

Just like nowadays, a small, bitter, vocal majority, can ruin things for everyone. Hence, my reference to the court cast involving Madalyn Murray O’Hair.

kingsjester on February 16, 2013 at 8:30 AM

kingsjester on February 16, 2013 at 8:30 AM

gotcha. You had me thinking..which is a good thing.
So much all the time-coming from every direction.
And as 4grace said one evening..purposely.
Thx for your time.

bazil9 on February 16, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Low hanging fruit, thats what we are. Ripe for the pickin. Times a-comin.

tommy71 on February 16, 2013 at 8:46 AM

While the Democrats choose their target and demonize their target, the Republicans send their conservatives home and tell them to hide in a corner. For way too long, Republicans have allowed the Democrats and their media wing to define them. It’s always been bad but, since the advent of Pravda and Izvestia, has gotten much worse. Bflat879

IMHO, they have their driveby media,which is dying a slow, horrible, death while we have ours. I’ll take ours any day over theirs.The New Media,talk radio,the internet,a few newspapers, etc.a few tv nets gain in numbers ever year. And, for the most part espouse the conservative values of our forefathers and the Constitution.
I’m happy with our media’s evolution. I’m also ready, willing and able to send messages out through our New Media. I’m Ready to counter the best Plouffe /Axelrod can come up with. Let them bring it on.
Meanwhile, I’ll watch the old media die a death it deserves.

rodguy911 on February 16, 2013 at 8:51 AM

Wow..that Juan thread.
2nd time I’ve seen it go down like that. Thin skin.
Why I come here less and less for posts and opinion.

bazil9 on February 16, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Matthew Continetti is right. The rest of these clowns are idiots who only have jobs by the grace of God.

besser tot als rot on February 16, 2013 at 9:48 AM

It doesn’t matter if we have 99.9999% of the greatest conservatives in the world.

We only hear about that one bad person in the Media. That is the problem.

on an aside. Why are white criminals Always given 3 names by the media…The cop killer wasn’t.

Joe Rickey Handley

tomas on February 16, 2013 at 9:52 AM

Meanwhile, I’ll watch the old media die a death it deserves.

rodguy911 on February 16, 2013 at 8:51 AM

But the question is: what will die first? The foundation that made this country great, or the media is complicit in its destruction.

besser tot als rot on February 16, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Why I come here less and less for posts and opinion.

bazil9 on February 16, 2013 at 9:13 AM

I’ll ask you what I ask my kids: do you know what is going to make it better? Whining and crying like a baby.

Yes, that is sarcasm, but if a 4 year old doesn’t need a sarcasm tag to get it, why should you?

besser tot als rot on February 16, 2013 at 9:57 AM

. You can spot the Mark Levin parrots a mile off.

bluegill on February 16, 2013 at 6:00 AM

……a fish parrot who can’t think for itself…not liking Mark Levin…imagine that!

KOOLAID2 on February 16, 2013 at 10:00 AM

bluegill on February 16, 2013 at 6:00 AM

You know, when I first read your posts, you may some decent points (even though a lot were ‘misguided’) and you were mildly amusing with your cute little anti-Palin rants.
However, as time has passed, and your anti-Palin rants have not only not abated (she is not, after all, running for anything; and merely offers opinions and encouragement to Conservatives) but have become more strident and unhinged…you have simply become tiresome. Boring, even, in your predictability and the predictability of your knee-jerk reaction to the mere mention of Palin’s name in any post on any subject.
It’s obvious that Sarah Palin lives rent-free in your mind; and that you are unable to control your reaction to any mention of her. Like Pavlov’s dogs, you begin to salivate at the sound (or sight) of her name.
You might want to seek the services and advice of a competent mental health professional to help you with that problem; because, frankly, you’re beginning to sound a lot like the leftist drones that troll here. (And I know you aren’t one of them.)

Solaratov on February 16, 2013 at 10:02 AM

bluegill on February 16, 2013 at 6:00 AM

“…may…” s/b “…made…”

Solaratov on February 16, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Solaratov on February 16, 2013 at 10:03 AM

OK Machine’s acting up.

may s/b made. :-(

Solaratov on February 16, 2013 at 10:05 AM

rodguy911 on February 16, 2013 at 8:26 AM

The problem are those who claim to be on the right who accept the false premises, the strawmen characterization of their positions, and the nonsensical non sequitur arguments of the statist left without challenge. And people like Cupp and Scarborough are just too insecure to be on MSNBC – they simply want the affirmation of their far left colleagues too dang much. They may have started out okay, but there is a reason that there are cliches about the DC cocktail circuit and how anyone who moves to DC only moves to the left (a small few, like Clarence Thomas, can hold their ground, but that is about the best that can be hoped for).

besser tot als rot on February 16, 2013 at 10:06 AM

bluegill on February 16, 2013 at 6:56 AM

Did you forget to take your meds this morning, again?

Scrumpy on February 16, 2013 at 7:05 AM

PMS?

Solaratov on February 16, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Solaratov on February 16, 2013 at 10:02 AM

This happened a long time ago.

besser tot als rot on February 16, 2013 at 10:12 AM

PMS?

Solaratov on February 16, 2013 at 10:07 AM

PDS!

idesign on February 16, 2013 at 10:16 AM

besser tot als rot on February 16, 2013 at 9:57 AM

Made a statement..not crying dude.
But thx!

bazil9 on February 16, 2013 at 10:17 AM

There is a reason the gilled one is as she is. It could have been different.

Bmore on February 16, 2013 at 10:21 AM

@Solaratov lol. Go on, tell us how you REALLY feel about the gilled one. ;-)

tommy71 on February 16, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Way late to the party, I have always hated when media ask politicians to comment on what pundits say. Why don’t they ask them to comment on what I say? It’s just as relevant. Unless these pundits are backing the individuals with large amounts of money why would the politicians care? No one asked Obama about Bill Mahrer and he was a big contributor. More double standard and I am sorry that Ms. Cupp is falling for it.

Cindy Munford on February 16, 2013 at 11:06 AM