Dorner sympathy goes mainstream: “Like watching ‘Django Unchained.’ It’s kind of exciting!”

posted at 9:36 pm on February 13, 2013 by Mary Katharine Ham

A liberal critic of my comments on “The O’Reilly Factor” this week tweeted his displeasure with my assertion that factions of the “Left” and “some liberals” sympathized with Chris Dorner and even made him into a folk hero. He asked for examples. Here’s one:

It’s hard to imagine how Marc Lamont Hill could have put this more appallingly. One member of the panel starts by rather sensibly bemoaning the waste of life, manpower, and ink in this chase. Hill responds:

“There’s no waste here, though. I mean, this has been an important public conversation that we’ve had about police brutality, about police corruption, about state violence. I mean, there were even talks about making him the first domestic drone target. I mean, this is serious business here. I don’t think it’s been a waste of time at all.

And, as far as Dorner himself goes, he’s been like a real-life superhero to many people. Now, don’t get me wrong, what he did was awful, killing innocent people is bad. But when you read his manifesto, you read the message that he left, he wasn’t entirely crazy. He had a plan and a mission, here. And, many people aren’t rooting for him to kill innocent people; they’re rooting for someone who was wronged to get a kind of revenge against the system. It’s almost like watching ‘Django Unchained’ in real life. It’s kind of exciting.”

Hill and I have been on many of the same TV shows. We have been paired as sparring partners. We have been in TV doing commentary for approximately the same amount of time. Please imagine a scenario in which there is a fugitive who killed four people, two of them police officers, wounded four others, taunted the families of his innocent victims, held a couple hostage for days, and led one of the largest manhunts in recent history because he felt the government was too overbearing a force, spending too much money, and taking too much freedom from its citizens. Imagine his manifesto referenced issues about which I care deeply, such as the need for entitlement reforms and the need for charter schools and school choice, and name-checked Bill O’Reilly and Tucker Carlson as admired figures. And, I went on TV and said this:

“There’s no waste here, though. I mean, this has been an important public conversation that we’ve had about entitlement reform, about some of endangered liberties, and about school choice. I mean, this is serious business here. I don’t think it’s been a waste of time at all.

And, as far as [Quadruple Murderer] himself goes, he’s been like a real-life superhero to many people. Now, don’t get me wrong, what he did was awful, killing innocent people is bad. But when you read his manifesto, you read the message that he left, he wasn’t entirely crazy. He had a plan and a mission, here. And, many people aren’t rooting for him to kill innocent people; they’re rooting for someone who was wronged to get a kind of revenge against the system. It’s almost like watching ‘Red Dawn’ in real life. It’s kind of exciting.”

First of all, we’d never be having this conversation on TV, because it’s a warped and deeply insensitive conversation to have. Quite the opposite: as a conservative, I would have been forced to carefully distance and denounce for a week straight (and, by the way, would be required to do this even if there were no evidence the murderer shared my belief system, as in the case of Jared Loughner). Never would there be a discussion of whether we should consider whether the murderer had a legitimate grievance, nor should there be. You have lost the privilege of a “national conversation” about your grievances once you have killed four fellow citizens. If anything, I would curse the perpetrator not just for his murders but for making it nearly impossible for me to speak publicly about the concerns he, regrettably, shared with me.

Second, I would never, ever, ever say this because it is morally deranged. I believe many of the country’s problems are immediate, moral concerns. I believe there are government policies that are actively hurting people at this very moment, and I’d like to have a spotlight on them. I even believe that far too often, police investigations are faulty and police tactics can hurt innocent people, as they did in this manhunt. (Update: Come to think of it, I actually did on “O’Reilly” this week exactly what Hill failed to do—made clear that Dorner deserves no sympathy while also holding LAPD accountable for injuries to civilians.) Standing in the spotlight afforded you by the murderer of four fellow citizens, however, while broadly smiling and comparing it to watching a really sweet revenge fantasy flick is not the way to solve these issues. If I tried to pull this crap on Marc on TV, I daresay he’d find it disgusting.

Hill’s not the only one, either. As Buzzfeed notes, Dorner support is going mainstream.

Alternet, the leftist online magazine, ran a story by Chauncey DeVega arguing that Dorner could “be transformed through popular culture and storytelling into a figure talked about for decades and centuries to come, with multiple versions of his tales and exploits, shaped by the griots and bards for their respective audiences.”

“Christopher Dorner dared to tell his version of the truth regarding the LAPD’s history of corruption and racism,” DeVega writes. “They do not like tattle tales and ‘snitches.’ Dorner was a particularly noxious threat to the status quo both because of his violent actions, as well as the symbolic power of his words and deeds.”

Salon’s Natasha Lennard has written a couple of stories sympathetic to Dorner (“Ex-cops sympathize with Dorner’s anger,” “Were Dorner’s complaints legitimate?”). Vice, in a story about whether or not Anonymous will retaliate after Dorner’s death, implicitly compared Dorner to anti-establishment heroes like Bradley Manning and Aaron Swartz, while acknowledging that “a murderous ex-cop is a lot harder to defend than these nonviolent liberators of information.”

Hill has been defending his comment on his Twitter feed, saying he was merely speaking for “many people” who feel that way about Dorner and his rampage. If that’s the case, then he’s also obligated to make clear that he thinks this inclination is disgusting and, ahem, %^&*# crazy. Sadly, the truth is, “many people” don’t think that inclination is disgusting and ^&T*# crazy, and he is one of them.

Bonus viewing: Katie Pavlich going after Hill:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

Too bad Brennan can’t get this kind of coverage.

Bmore on February 13, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Bishop?

Bmore on February 13, 2013 at 9:38 PM

Occupy Wall Street….

21 century Hippies approves..

Electrongod on February 13, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Sick.

jawkneemusic on February 13, 2013 at 9:40 PM

I’m curious Mary Katharine, why does this rate as one of the largest manhunts in history?

Bmore on February 13, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Bishop?

Bmore on February 13, 2013 at 9:38 PM

It’s a Mary Katharine Ham thread..

Bishop expects a more seasoned author..:)

Electrongod on February 13, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Pigment is all that matters

dmann on February 13, 2013 at 9:43 PM

If Dorner was white or if he had praised Sarah Palin or Glen Beck in his psychotic manifesto this would be a different story.

The Notorious G.O.P on February 13, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Second, I would never, ever, ever say this because it is morally deranged.

Morally deranged is a good descriptor of the leftists.

sharrukin on February 13, 2013 at 9:45 PM

This guy isn’t covered by any proposed gun bill..

“Thunderous applause by the Obama Suckers”

Electrongod on February 13, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Electrongod on February 13, 2013 at 9:42 PM

I was trying to get him to be a little more competitive and slightly less entitled. See last thread.

Bmore on February 13, 2013 at 9:45 PM

I actually just left out the word “recent.” I’ll correct it, though I guess recent international ones have been larger. Good points!

Mary Katharine Ham on February 13, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Sick, delusional and twisted. But Marc Hill and his ilk will still get invited to all the fancy parties they desire and appear on television as usual. After all, he holds the right positions in the view of the right people.

njrob on February 13, 2013 at 9:47 PM

I don’t understand the ‘obsession’ from the left about making some of the most dastardly heinous people and making turning them into heroes?

Yet they sneer and ridicule good and decent people without a second look.

They have an undeveloped conscience…

Are they all narcissists?

Self agrandization, and plenty of that was apparently on view last night.

Scrumpy on February 13, 2013 at 9:47 PM

[Blah blah blah, some super-offensive stuff, blah blah blah]”

Like how when a woman is raped and murdered it’s an opportunity to discuss safe sex. Not a waste at all. A teaching moment.

Paul-Cincy on February 13, 2013 at 9:47 PM

The thing is that Dorner is the perfect byproduct of Democratic policy and ideology of the last 40 years.

Democrats have consistently told everyone they are a victim. They break out their demographics by doing that.

Hey gays… all those people are trying to hate on you.. we’re here for you. You’re a victim of all those homophobes, we’ll help you get justice one way or the other. But you are just a victim.

Hey black people… all those racists are trying to keep you down. We’re here for you. You’re a victim of those evil Republicans and we’re here to help you get justice. But you are just a victim.

Hey illegal immigrants.. all those racists are trying to keep you down. We’re here for you. You’re just a victim.

It’s the same thing over and over and over and over. Democrats pit Americans against each other with fear and then promise to make things all okay.

And people buy into it. They truly do think they are victims. They truly do think they deserve something for nothing.

Dorner was a victicrat. Created by the Democratic Party. Unfortunately for so many people, he also turned out to be a homicidal maniac that took his victim status to an extreme.

ButterflyDragon on February 13, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Wowser. And I thought Dr. Hill was an educated man.

locomotivebreath1901 on February 13, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Bmore on February 13, 2013 at 9:45 PM

I know.

I will visit the last thread noe..

I obviously missed something…

Electrongod on February 13, 2013 at 9:48 PM

“It’s kind of exciting.”

Exciting? We’ve got some SERIOUSLY SICK liberals if they think this was “exciting”.

HE MURDERED 4 PEOPLE!

FOUR PEOPLE WHO HE DIDN’T EVEN KNOW AND WHO HAD DONE NOTHING TO HIM!

GarandFan on February 13, 2013 at 9:49 PM

Wowser. And I thought Dr. Hill was an educated man.

locomotivebreath1901 on February 13, 2013 at 9:48 PM

There is a HUGE difference between educated and intelligent.

The Notorious G.O.P on February 13, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Los Angeles officially becomes a Dystopian nightmare.

SWalker on February 13, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Did you see this.

VegasRick on February 13, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Mary Katharine Ham on February 13, 2013 at 9:46 PM

I really wasn’t trying to make too much of a point. Lol! Thank you though. I just haven’t been all that well informed on this one. ; ) I have no tv, so I don’t get any of the 24/7 sensationalized stuff.

Bmore on February 13, 2013 at 9:50 PM

Wowser. And I thought Dr. Hill was an educated man.

locomotivebreath1901 on February 13, 2013 at 9:48 PM

That means nothing except that the liberals have had extra kicks at the can to indoctrinate him.

kim roy on February 13, 2013 at 9:51 PM

The twitter feed # teamdorner was/is very disturbing. Enough so that I have given up Twitter for Lent. A shower just wouldn’t cut it.

ctmom on February 13, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Bmore

Thought I would do some “Hanging out with the Boys”:)

MarshFox on February 13, 2013 at 9:51 PM

There’s a reason I turn off RedEye everytime Marc Lamont Hill is on. For the life of me I can’t figure out why Gutfeld tolerates the a-hole.

Mark1971 on February 13, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Marc Lamont Hill ✔ @marclamonthill

I don’t support murder and I empathize with ALL the victims. But that doesn’t mean that we can’t also understand Dorner and his perspective.
9:25 PM – 13 Feb 13

“Let’s go crazy, let’s get down…”

Lourdes on February 13, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Los Angeles officially becomes a Dystopian nightmare.

SWalker on February 13, 2013 at 9:44 PM

Great piece!!

Scrumpy on February 13, 2013 at 9:52 PM

Wowser. And I thought Dr. Hill was an educated man.

locomotivebreath1901 on February 13, 2013 at 9:48 PM

There are some ideas so wrong that only a very intelligent person could believe in them. – George Orwell

Intelligence is not a shield against propaganda and an intelligent man can convince himself of far more idiocy than a stupid man.

sharrukin on February 13, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Look at all the raving lunatics and their imagination gone wild (as usual) trying to invent support from left for Dorner.

lester on February 13, 2013 at 10:37 AM

As rogerb would say, “Well played.”

Del Dolemonte on February 13, 2013 at 9:53 PM

Were Ted Bundy’s, Charles Manson’s, the Unabomber’s, and a whole host of other mass killer’s complaints “legitimate”? No one cares. Is this because our society is particularly sensitized to the “black grievance” production industry? I think so.

There’s a chance here to get that grievance machinery working in high gear. That’s ALL this is about. And I say, screw the black grievance machinery. It’s BS. It’s bogus. It can go to hell.

Paul-Cincy on February 13, 2013 at 9:54 PM

The thing you’re missing is that the left is pining for a “hero” as much as the right. It looks from this vantage point that they’re winning, and it seems that they would be happy being the powers that be — but they aren’t happy. They’re frustrated.

Axe on February 13, 2013 at 9:54 PM

I obviously missed something…

Electrongod on February 13, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Nah, you didn’t miss much. ; )

Bmore on February 13, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Hill is a prime example of what is wrong with academia.

Joey24007 on February 13, 2013 at 9:54 PM

As well as the “cop-hating” grievance machinery.

Paul-Cincy on February 13, 2013 at 9:54 PM

*Because getting there way isn’t all they thought it would be.

Axe on February 13, 2013 at 9:55 PM

*their

Axe on February 13, 2013 at 9:55 PM

i’d really like to know who he thinks is ‘innocent’. It is interesting that he put that word in…Are cops innocent, or is it okay to kill them?

and I thought that we didn’t like people to go around killing Anyone because they were ‘wronged’ because that is vigilantism..and vigilantes are Bad People…Right?

r keller on February 13, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Evening MarshFox. Looks/sounds like they fried this guy.

Bmore on February 13, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Wowser. And I thought Dr. Hill was an educated man.

locomotivebreath1901 on February 13, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Yeah, it’s depressing. I thought Hill was a rare leftist who wasn’t a totally unbearable degenerate.

I was wrong.

forest on February 13, 2013 at 9:57 PM

Wowser. And I thought Dr. Hill was an educated man.

locomotivebreath1901 on February 13, 2013 at 9:48 PM

This is what the educational system spews out. He’s educated all right, but not smart.

poppieseeds on February 13, 2013 at 9:57 PM

Mary Katharine Ham on February 13, 2013 at 9:46 PM

This guy was a loser compared to the Mad Trapper of Rat River, I tell you now, if LA had this much trouble with this guy, someone with the Mad Trapper’s determination will shut the whole state down! 48 days the RCMPs tracked that guy, in weather that would have paralyzed ordinary folks. Quite sure you’ll find him on your all time list MKH.

MarshFox on February 13, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Hill’s shrug (also verbal shrug)@ 1:03-4… that’s the weight he feels for the murdered never-to-be bride and groom.
Quite the sophisticate.

Stephen M on February 13, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Nah, you didn’t miss much. ; )

Bmore on February 13, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Electrongod on February 13, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Mark1971 on February 13, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Funny, I have thought the same thing…

Him and O’Reilly are even more painfull to watch…Haven’t been able to figure out why BOR has him on, does MLH have contributor status on FNC?

Well, if not, probably soon…

ccrosby on February 13, 2013 at 9:58 PM

This reminds me of when that gunmen took hostages at the Discovery Channel building in downtown Silver Spring, Maryland, a few years ago. Remember, he was an environmentalist who supposedly said he was “inspired” to go radical after watching Al Gore’s An Inconvenient Truth. Liberals tried to make excuses for him, too. Oh, yeah, and he also wrote a manifesto.

sydneyjane on February 13, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Tell this person to read the comments on DailyKos and Democratic Underground. They certainly qualify as at least factions of the leftist and liberal persuasion, with DailyKos practically mainstream left/liberal.

Such people never find what they do not want to find because they never look, or they quickly look away when it appears before them.

I doubt this person would have had any trouble finding such evidence if anyone at all on the right had made comments cheering someone like Dorner on. There would be 24/7 coverage of it on the MSM with Democrats rushing to every microphone they could find to condemn and decry the (alleged) “harsh hateful rhetoric” coming from the right. Blame and finger pointing would quickly follow.

farsighted on February 13, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Marc Motormouth Hill is morally deranged. I thought FNC canned him a long time ago. As a commentator cowboy, he’s all hat and no cattle.

petefrt on February 13, 2013 at 10:01 PM

Wowser. And I thought Dr. Hill was an educated man.

locomotivebreath1901 on February 13, 2013 at 9:48 PM

If you listen him enough, his motto boils down to if a black man does it I’m cool with it.

RickB on February 13, 2013 at 10:01 PM

If that dude wants excitement maybe he should be a war correspondent on the front lines. That would be exciting. Or I guess he can stay at Columbia to get his thrills. I don’t even know who he is. Will have to look him up.

Bmore on February 13, 2013 at 10:01 PM

r keller on February 13, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Only in the mind of the lefites and only pointed at the right.

In their mind, we are vilgilantes and therefore bad people.

When confronted with a real vigilante, they hero worship them.

What was wrong is now right.

What was right is now wrong.

It’s a mixed up muddled up world we live in…

Scrumpy on February 13, 2013 at 10:01 PM

I’m thinking the Left (leftmedia, lefttwitterfreaks, Democrats, etc.) are jealous of the life and heroic actions of Chris Kyle, so they’ve drummed up this sick enthusiasm for this sicko murderer as some sort of effort to get the attention of the real hero, Kyle, and onto the deranged guy, Dorner.

I think it was about the Left’s “need” to control media or try to. They got bent out of shape when they saw the genuine love and affection and praise outpouring for Kyle.

Lourdes on February 13, 2013 at 10:02 PM

Turn this guy into a hero and you will have plenty of copycat incidents.

BoxHead1 on February 13, 2013 at 10:03 PM

morally deranged.

Yeah. That’s a liberal for you.

yhxqqsn on February 13, 2013 at 10:03 PM

incidents murders

BoxHead1 on February 13, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Mark1971 on February 13, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Same here. As soon as he comes on a show, I grab the remote.

petefrt on February 13, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Bmore on February 13, 2013 at 9:55 PM

Guessing he wasn’t as tough or smart as he made himself out to be. Bad guy dead, although we’ll continue to hear how he started a national dialogue, yeah ok/s

MarshFox on February 13, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Yeah, I looked him up. He should definitely deploy with the troops. Lol!

Bmore on February 13, 2013 at 10:05 PM

See, that’s why I am an Armed Citizen…

Not because I fear my government, per se…I fear these nitwits that will *attempt* (and fail) to come after me because I call that kind of group-think Horse *Bleep*.

BlaxPac on February 13, 2013 at 10:05 PM

What is terrible is that LAPD lost a good officer and the Navy didn’t get a chance to promote him to LCDR. And even worse, Bob and Kathy can’t use their cabin for at least six months.

arnold ziffel on February 13, 2013 at 10:05 PM

The world is going to he!! in a handbasket

gophergirl on February 13, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Hill is a prime example of what is wrong with academia.

Joey24007 on February 13, 2013 at 9:54 PM

And, the poison that he and his ilk teach causes things like this:

Mass Shooter Confesses He Learned to Hate Whitey at University

Resist We Much on February 13, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Resist We Much on February 13, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Once again you done gone did it!! (applause) :-)

Scrumpy on February 13, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Wowser. And I thought Dr. Hill was an educated man.

locomotivebreath1901 on February 13, 2013 at 9:48 PM

He’s credentialed, not educated.

mchristian on February 13, 2013 at 10:07 PM

arnold ziffel on February 13, 2013 at 10:05 PM

ROTFLMAO… now that is just lain funny…

SWalker on February 13, 2013 at 10:07 PM

arnold ziffel on February 13, 2013 at 10:05 PM

I giggled at that and now I feel guilty, thanks a lot.

ccrosby on February 13, 2013 at 10:08 PM

lester on February 13, 2013 at 10:37 AM

Yeah, I “invented” this bile from Leftists on Twitter and the Puff Host:

The Depraved, Ghoulish Left Cheers On Dorner As Shootout Continues…Dead? Time To Riot? (Expanded)

The Cop Killer Lovers On The Left Send A Big, Wet, Sloppy Bar Rafaeli To Cop Killer

It’s ALL my wild imagination. None of these people wrote a single word.

Resist We Much on February 13, 2013 at 10:09 PM

This clown should never be on FoxNews again.

WisCon on February 13, 2013 at 10:09 PM

Progressives have always worshiped murderers.

Rode Werk on February 13, 2013 at 10:09 PM

I mean, this has been an important public conversation that we’ve had about police brutality, about police corruption, about state violence”

Let’s pretend Dorner was white and murdered four people with an assault rifle because life was unfair. Suppose he manifested about personal responsibility, hard work, and told Bill O’Reilly to keep on lookin out for us??? Nah….. I’m being unfair. Mark Hill would be saying the exact same thing

drivingtheview on February 13, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Mr. Hill. I dare you to share your thoughts about your new hero to the families of the people he murdered “to make a statement!”

ThePrez on February 13, 2013 at 10:10 PM

MarshFox on February 13, 2013 at 10:05 PM

Yep, the Dorner cat turns out a poser it seems. Not tactically smart at all. The Hill dude should have some time in the sandbox. Lol!

Bmore on February 13, 2013 at 10:10 PM

End times…

d1carter on February 13, 2013 at 10:10 PM

sydneyjane on February 13, 2013 at 9:58 PM

They want to be radical, all the time. It’s no different from the bits of me that want to stop screwing around and end this already. The difference is that their way doesn’t work; there’s no peace there, no prosperity. I can tell myself that peaceful ends through peaceful means are on the table because at the end I will be satisfied, but the left is never satisfied because their means end in a culture crumbling around them.

You know, if I’m right about that, it’s scary. It would mean that walking their path always means violence at the end, or destruction. And history backs that terrible idea up. Just because Hill doesn’t see that he’s just another zealot trying to build a perfect communal society doesn’t mean he’s not.

It’s not over though.

#resist

Axe on February 13, 2013 at 10:10 PM

We’re on our own. Media is saturated with Left-DNC-activism and they’re in full-on attack on value, reality, belief and credibility of any and all who are not among the Left’s resources.

We’re on our own. This is only going to get worse, this irrationality, this monstrous derangement, by the Left, and they have several networks at their disposal to proliferate their garbage — CBS, ABC, NBC/MSNBC, CNN and of course, yahoo, google and other “news” reporting.

I do think this deranged fervor in ghastly support of Dorner is an attempt to counter effect CHris Kyle’s death and memorial…and worth.

Lourdes on February 13, 2013 at 10:10 PM

arnold ziffel on February 13, 2013 at 10:05 PM

And there my friend is why you are my favorite little piggy. Lol!

Bmore on February 13, 2013 at 10:11 PM

Celebrating cop killers is the pinnacle of enlightened tolerance.

*disclaimer – does not apply had Dorner been a white male

Ellis on February 13, 2013 at 10:12 PM

The elephant in the room here is not a defense of Dorner’s politics, but his skin color. All you need to do is look at the folks supporting him on the #TeamDorner hashtag.

And the reason for this is quite clear; right, wrong or indifferent, the belief still exists among black people that they are unfairly targeted by police – which is always perceived as an almost all-white fraternity. Dorner, a black man, felt he was unfairly and racially targeted by the LAPD and the majority of supporters for him are black, and support him by identifying -again, rightly or wrongly- with that notion.

That’s what four years of the post-racial president and his “everyone not supporting him is racist” media has done for America.

BKeyser on February 13, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Resist We Much on February 13, 2013 at 10:09 PM

You are truly a treasure.

And I’m really glad you’re on our side.

ccrosby on February 13, 2013 at 10:13 PM

arnold ziffel on February 13, 2013 at 10:05 PM

And all because Dorner was unjustly fired (allegedly), over four years ago. He would have been a model cop if not for that. He clearly had the right temperament and didn’t let things bother him and get to him too much.

farsighted on February 13, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Where’s our professor this is a perfect forum for him.

RickB on February 13, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Turn this guy into a hero and you will have plenty of copycat incidents.

BoxHead1 on February 13, 2013 at 10:03 PM

After reading the “team Dorner” mess on twitter, it looks like Dorner was one-of-the-ordinary, what he’s done was praised along the lines of what was trendy to do by those praising the deranged murderer, by other Black guys and some pathetic, race-unclear skanky females.

Lourdes on February 13, 2013 at 10:15 PM

MKH – next time you go on TV call Eric Rudolph a super hero and see what happens.

besser tot als rot on February 13, 2013 at 10:15 PM

arnold ziffel on February 13, 2013 at 10:05 PM

farsighted on February 13, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Ha, yeah.

Find the guy who fired Dornan and give him a very, very big commendation.

Lourdes on February 13, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Dorner is not any different from some guy who goes postal because he was let go at the local Piggly Wiggly, then comes back and shoots up the grocery store. But because he’s a former cop, he’s black, and has all the “right” opinions, people make excuses for him.

News flash to the cop h8rs, cops don’t like crooks who target them and their families. They aren’t going to make extra-special certain that cop killers make it out of the situation alive. This happens when the cop was killed in a post-robbery shootout, but especially when the killer targets cops, like this guy said he was going to do.

Sekhmet on February 13, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Bmore on February 13, 2013 at 10:10 PM

Pretty sure that guy couldn’t even handle “can” life at Camp Leatherneck.

MarshFox on February 13, 2013 at 10:16 PM

BKeyser on February 13, 2013 at 10:12 PM

Many blacks apparently think Rodney King was treated differently because he was black. (see the LA Riots) Personally, I don’t see it. Black, white, Asian, what evidence is there it would have made any difference. But try convincing some people of that. The belief race had something to do with to comparable to a religious belief. It’s unmodifiable. More of, IMHO, in the nature of a black urban myth, than a belief rooted in reality.

Paul-Cincy on February 13, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Wowser. And I thought Dr. Hill was an educated man.

locomotivebreath1901 on February 13, 2013 at 9:48 PM

FrontPageMag.com:

But if we were assembling a list of overrated black people, Dr. Marc Lamont Hill might just deserve his own place on the notepad. Hill’s bio is the usual intriguing world of African-American academia, complete with essays on social commentary in Hip Hop. Hill writes, so he’s an author. He speaks, so he’s a speaker. And he was once a weekly contributor to the Star Jones talk show, so he’s clearly a public intellectual. Best of all, he’s an affiliated faculty member in African American Studies at the Institute for Research in African American Studies at Columbia University. IRAAS has a logo that features two iguanas mating and offers all the usual navel-gazing courses that exist only to waste tuition money, except they’re African-American navel-gazing courses.

petefrt on February 13, 2013 at 10:18 PM

besser tot als rot on February 13, 2013 at 10:15 PM

Or Timothy McVeigh. The *difference* as to DOrnan who is being praised for his similar actions as McVeigh and Rudolph (among others), is race: Dornan’s black, the others are white.

This is Obama’s base doing this rallying for the likes of Dornan and his deranged behaviors. These are the people who voted for OBama.

Lourdes on February 13, 2013 at 10:18 PM

Hill is a prime example of what is wrong with academia America.

Joey24007 on February 13, 2013 at 9:54 PM

Enough of is type running around to elect Obama twice.

Hog Wild on February 13, 2013 at 10:19 PM

Wowser. And I thought Dr. Hill was an educated man.

locomotivebreath1901 on February 13, 2013 at 9:48 PM

I may be wrong but he received his PHD in Urban Studies, one of the most challenging and difficult course of academia to master out there.

arnold ziffel on February 13, 2013 at 10:19 PM

I’m thinking back to Michelle Robinson’s (now ‘Obama’) complaints in her thesis at that awful White Man’s University…

Lourdes on February 13, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Ah. Yes. Valuable insights into the misdeeds of ‘The Man’, extracted by our betters, from the paranoid ramblings of an oppressed man of color. We must look past the narcississism fuelled paranoia to see the far worse truth of our own racism. We must view the slaughter through the camera of the man boxed in on all sides by a soulless society built by white men.

Can you see the truth to your power, white man? No?

You probably think community organizing is not the fundamental cornerstone of a socially just presidency, you cracker.

/sorrowful bemusement

M240H on February 13, 2013 at 10:21 PM

Resist We Much on February 13, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Once again you done gone did it!! (applause) :-)

Scrumpy on February 13, 2013 at 10:07 PM

It is sooooo easy with these idiots. :-)

Resist We Much on February 13, 2013 at 10:22 PM

========================

Absolute MoonBatSh*t Lunitic Crazy Talk!

And Certifiable to boot!

canopfor on February 13, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Find the guy who fired Dornan and give him a very, very big commendation.

Lourdes on February 13, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Yeah, I think he called that one right. I would say it is a very good thing when a PD gets rid of someone who later turns into homicidal maniac.

farsighted on February 13, 2013 at 10:22 PM

..how come every Hill that I know…is racist?

KOOLAID2 on February 13, 2013 at 10:23 PM