Dorner sympathy goes mainstream: “Like watching ‘Django Unchained.’ It’s kind of exciting!”

posted at 9:36 pm on February 13, 2013 by Mary Katharine Ham

A liberal critic of my comments on “The O’Reilly Factor” this week tweeted his displeasure with my assertion that factions of the “Left” and “some liberals” sympathized with Chris Dorner and even made him into a folk hero. He asked for examples. Here’s one:

It’s hard to imagine how Marc Lamont Hill could have put this more appallingly. One member of the panel starts by rather sensibly bemoaning the waste of life, manpower, and ink in this chase. Hill responds:

“There’s no waste here, though. I mean, this has been an important public conversation that we’ve had about police brutality, about police corruption, about state violence. I mean, there were even talks about making him the first domestic drone target. I mean, this is serious business here. I don’t think it’s been a waste of time at all.

And, as far as Dorner himself goes, he’s been like a real-life superhero to many people. Now, don’t get me wrong, what he did was awful, killing innocent people is bad. But when you read his manifesto, you read the message that he left, he wasn’t entirely crazy. He had a plan and a mission, here. And, many people aren’t rooting for him to kill innocent people; they’re rooting for someone who was wronged to get a kind of revenge against the system. It’s almost like watching ‘Django Unchained’ in real life. It’s kind of exciting.”

Hill and I have been on many of the same TV shows. We have been paired as sparring partners. We have been in TV doing commentary for approximately the same amount of time. Please imagine a scenario in which there is a fugitive who killed four people, two of them police officers, wounded four others, taunted the families of his innocent victims, held a couple hostage for days, and led one of the largest manhunts in recent history because he felt the government was too overbearing a force, spending too much money, and taking too much freedom from its citizens. Imagine his manifesto referenced issues about which I care deeply, such as the need for entitlement reforms and the need for charter schools and school choice, and name-checked Bill O’Reilly and Tucker Carlson as admired figures. And, I went on TV and said this:

“There’s no waste here, though. I mean, this has been an important public conversation that we’ve had about entitlement reform, about some of endangered liberties, and about school choice. I mean, this is serious business here. I don’t think it’s been a waste of time at all.

And, as far as [Quadruple Murderer] himself goes, he’s been like a real-life superhero to many people. Now, don’t get me wrong, what he did was awful, killing innocent people is bad. But when you read his manifesto, you read the message that he left, he wasn’t entirely crazy. He had a plan and a mission, here. And, many people aren’t rooting for him to kill innocent people; they’re rooting for someone who was wronged to get a kind of revenge against the system. It’s almost like watching ‘Red Dawn’ in real life. It’s kind of exciting.”

First of all, we’d never be having this conversation on TV, because it’s a warped and deeply insensitive conversation to have. Quite the opposite: as a conservative, I would have been forced to carefully distance and denounce for a week straight (and, by the way, would be required to do this even if there were no evidence the murderer shared my belief system, as in the case of Jared Loughner). Never would there be a discussion of whether we should consider whether the murderer had a legitimate grievance, nor should there be. You have lost the privilege of a “national conversation” about your grievances once you have killed four fellow citizens. If anything, I would curse the perpetrator not just for his murders but for making it nearly impossible for me to speak publicly about the concerns he, regrettably, shared with me.

Second, I would never, ever, ever say this because it is morally deranged. I believe many of the country’s problems are immediate, moral concerns. I believe there are government policies that are actively hurting people at this very moment, and I’d like to have a spotlight on them. I even believe that far too often, police investigations are faulty and police tactics can hurt innocent people, as they did in this manhunt. (Update: Come to think of it, I actually did on “O’Reilly” this week exactly what Hill failed to do—made clear that Dorner deserves no sympathy while also holding LAPD accountable for injuries to civilians.) Standing in the spotlight afforded you by the murderer of four fellow citizens, however, while broadly smiling and comparing it to watching a really sweet revenge fantasy flick is not the way to solve these issues. If I tried to pull this crap on Marc on TV, I daresay he’d find it disgusting.

Hill’s not the only one, either. As Buzzfeed notes, Dorner support is going mainstream.

Alternet, the leftist online magazine, ran a story by Chauncey DeVega arguing that Dorner could “be transformed through popular culture and storytelling into a figure talked about for decades and centuries to come, with multiple versions of his tales and exploits, shaped by the griots and bards for their respective audiences.”

“Christopher Dorner dared to tell his version of the truth regarding the LAPD’s history of corruption and racism,” DeVega writes. “They do not like tattle tales and ‘snitches.’ Dorner was a particularly noxious threat to the status quo both because of his violent actions, as well as the symbolic power of his words and deeds.”

Salon’s Natasha Lennard has written a couple of stories sympathetic to Dorner (“Ex-cops sympathize with Dorner’s anger,” “Were Dorner’s complaints legitimate?”). Vice, in a story about whether or not Anonymous will retaliate after Dorner’s death, implicitly compared Dorner to anti-establishment heroes like Bradley Manning and Aaron Swartz, while acknowledging that “a murderous ex-cop is a lot harder to defend than these nonviolent liberators of information.”

Hill has been defending his comment on his Twitter feed, saying he was merely speaking for “many people” who feel that way about Dorner and his rampage. If that’s the case, then he’s also obligated to make clear that he thinks this inclination is disgusting and, ahem, %^&*# crazy. Sadly, the truth is, “many people” don’t think that inclination is disgusting and ^&T*# crazy, and he is one of them.

Bonus viewing: Katie Pavlich going after Hill:

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

But thank you for yours!

verbaluce on February 14, 2013 at 10:41 AM

You’re welcome…

and you’re still an idiot.

Solaratov on February 14, 2013 at 10:44 AM

Breaking: Django-Dorner Copy-Cat killer in DC?

Terp Mole on February 14, 2013 at 10:45 AM

FRY MUMIA AND ROAST DORNER!

..oh, wait!

The War Planner on February 14, 2013 at 10:55 AM

I thought I heard the cops say: “burn that boy” prior to the fire starting.

trs on February 14, 2013 at 9:13 AM

“boy”? Really? I think someone is throwing a racist bent on what was actually said.

What was actually said was “burn that mother*er” about an hour prior to the cabin catching fire.

Personally, I was all for a JDAM to be used to save lives.

ButterflyDragon on February 14, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Does nobody else see the irony in this? Right in the midst of a nationwide gun control debate, a man (a black man) goes from an unsung nobody to a cult hero, garnering untold respect simply through the possesion of firearms and the willingness to use them. I detect cognitve dissonance, the likes of which can only be explained by conflicting agenda.

The liberal understands the power an the symbolism of the gun. Most scriptwriters in Hollywood who create the endless run of gun-toting heroes are liberal, as are most actors who play those parts. Django is such a hero.

Make no mistake, there is no such thing as gun control. A gun won’t do a single thing you tell it to do. It’s all PEOPLE control, people. So-called gun control has always been about, and always will be about, the fear and loathing by liberals, progressives and agrieved minorities of the white, male conservative archetype.

That’s why thousands of black youths can be killed for simply tresspassing into a rival gang’s turf, and the national news is on anything but. But when one black youth is believed to have been murdered by a white (OK, middle-class Hispanic) for tresspassing on someone else’s turf (Treyvon Martin, in case you’ve forgotten), that becomes national news for months on end.

That’s also why 500 murders in Chicago alone in one year, mostly of black youth by black youth, gets scant attention until one crazy white guy murders innocent children in the suburbs. Then, it’s all about getting the guns away from the crazy white suburban population… and oh, by the way, maybe we have a murder problem in Chicago or something.

shuzilla on February 14, 2013 at 10:59 AM

Seriously…..

Are there any GROWNUPS running news shows anymore?

itsspideyman on February 14, 2013 at 11:00 AM

In writing the critical review of the film and the director, I used a quote from Orson Welles. In a conversation he had with another very famous director, the subject of violence in film and it’s effects on society came up and Welles said ” We’re brutalizing the audience. It’s going to be like the Roman Circus, live at the Coliseum.”

That sort of theatrical excitement should be reserved for film and stage. Obviously the line between fiction and reality has become blurred for these people, as well as the line between right and wrong.

thatsafactjack on February 13, 2013 at 11:54 PM

agree

So like ancient Rome. Christians were fed to the lions for entertainment. Rome by then had cafeteria paganism. Romans chose their favorite gods, Greek, Egyptian, Babylonian etc. Translated: they didn’t really believe what they professed

Christians got eaten, because they really believed their faith, and therefore would not renounce it. Could Al Gore denounce Global Warning in the face of empirical evidence?

Hard core belief in a mighty God of Judgment, who offered conditional redemption, put the Christians in the arena. But it also kept them from feeding others to the lions

Our modern cafeteria pagans (which include cafeteria Christians) are untethered from the old self controls, the old measures of conscience. They now reset their own morals as needed, and it is showing is their slide to barbarism.

Their new hero Dorner had the same goals. As the goals change, the morals change. The Ends, not the Means. What’s not to enjoy?

entagor on February 14, 2013 at 11:00 AM

I don’t support murder and I empathize with ALL the victims. But that doesn’t mean that we can’t also understand Dorner and his perspective.

— Marc Lamont Hill (@marclamonthill) February 13, 2013

Any time a person uses the word “but”, it translates to “Behold the Underlying Truth” or “Everything I’ve said up to this point is a lie.”

SailorMark on February 14, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Is “jumping to conclusions” a recognized sport?

katy the mean old lady on February 14, 2013 at 11:05 AM

Dr. Marc Lamont Hill was, is and always will be self serving hack. He always comes from the position that it is societies, whities or rich peoples fault regartdless of the issue. Then tries to claim some moral highground by claiming it furthers the discussion. The fact is he is an overy educated race hustling Jessie Jackson wannabe. I initially tried to give him an honest hearing but it is always the same stuff that frankly tires me out. My advice to him is better to be silent and thought a fool then to open your mouth and prove it.

JKotthoff on February 14, 2013 at 11:09 AM

Chauncey DeVega

Ah, “Chancellor of the Royal Privy” as I came to call him when we debated over on cobb.typepad.com — the blog of a conservative black “geek”.

His normal response to losing an argument is name-calling. Sadly, the upper portion of this debate with Devega is lost because devega and one of his minions (one Craig Nulan) became so abusive that cobb deleted their comments.

But the stuff below gives the idea of DeVega’s debating skills:

C D said…

Quick question that I will ask here because the earlier thread is now closed.

How do you reconcile closing a thread to comments (and/or banning a reader with whom you disagree) in order to protect the “sensibilities” of your conservative readers? Isn’t this a bit close to the “safe space” movement among “liberals” and “progressives” on college campuses (I would imagine you most certainly disagreed with in the 1990s)? Moreover, isn’t your brand of conservatism a stand on your own, “beware the Nannie State,” ideology?

I am legitimately and honestly curious as to how you reconcile this seeming contradiction.
November 07, 2010 at 12:38 PM

Cobb said in reply to C D…

I don’t think people should come to this website an[d] expect to be called monkeys

mbowen by iphone.

Cobb said in reply to C D…

or Nazis

mbowen by iphone.

unclesmrgol said…

The difference, CD, is that the campuses (such as the University of California) are owned by the public, while Cobb’s blog is owned by Cobb. In one case the “printing press” is owned by the people, and in the other case the “printing press” is owned by a private party. When one group of people try to prevent another group from using the public printing press, that’s one thing, and when a private party sets the bounds as to what is printed on their personal press, that’s another.

Now, I’m not speaking for Cobb, no matter what you and Nulan might want to believe, but there it is. Cobb actually went quite a bit further than I would have on my own blog in giving Mr. Nulan his say. I view allowing Mr. Nulan a free page of press in a place other than his own cage as being akin to letting a rabid dog loose in the house with your children, but that’s just my opinion. As for Cobb’s closing of comments — you are quite lucky. I typed a lolapolooza of a response to your last comment, but lost it to “comments closed”. After all, a guy named Chauncey — as in “Chancellor of the Royal Privy” — ought not to go about making scat comments about other commenters.

Personally, I think Cobb was rescuing you and Nulan from me. You guys wallow like garbage scows against warp-driven battlecruisers. But then again, that’s my lens and not his. I’ll not comment more, at the risk of contributing to the pollution of this post with sub-realistic [Unclesmrgol: sub-realism is the screen name of one of the name-calling liberals who comment over at Cobb] nuclear waste in the same fashion as happened in the other.

C D said in reply to unclesmrgol…

But what if your Conservative brethren are behaving like metaphorical scat throwing monkeys? Or offering authoritarian ideologies akin to Nazism in root if not deed? Just playing devil’s advocate. You actually have frequent posters who would suggest that rich people are being treated like Jews in Nazi Germany. Ought that level of foolishness be exposed as such?

I tell myself I won’t take the bait from troglodytes such as Uncle–but inevitably I do. Here, I will ignore him.Unclesmrgol response: Heh — in view of what I said about not commenting further, DeVega shows his gentlemanly side.

I am trying to have a mature conversation with you Cobb about an inconsistency in your thought. You advertise yourself as intellectually honest, open, and curious. To ban an interlocutor seems cowardly to me. Especially when such censorship (at least to my eyes) seems done to protect intellectual lightweights like Uncle and others from having hurt feelings. And again, isn’t it opposed to the rigors of Conservatism that you ostensibly subscribe to?

Finally, do you want a chorus of agreement, praise, and rubber stamping Cobb? If so that is your right. Or do you want an interesting mix of personalities with whom you may agree with, but often may not?

The comments ended there. Mr. Devega had been the one comparing me alternately to a scat throwing monkey or a nazi — hence the oblique third party dig above. Shortly thereafter, Devega vanished from the comments section of the Cobb blog — he could not handle the heat and left the kitchen. He returned to writing on his own blog, which is filled with fellow syncophants and no opposition to speak of. Censorship in DeVega’s realm is fully operational.

unclesmrgol on February 14, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Why does the writer of the above hold anything that an unrepentant murderer writes to be true? Perhaps, this murderer suffered from living in an alternate reality until the bitter end. Or, maybe he just made up everything, and his legacy hinges on the reader of his manefesto predictably holding a low opinion of the LAPD in order for his lies to be taken as truth without qualification.

As it is, a person can walk up to you on the street and put a bullit in your brain, make up anything to justify it, and expect to be believed so long as you are a universally hated person. You raped his wife, ate his dog, burned his home – even if none of that is true, if you are hated then it will be believed.

shuzilla on February 14, 2013 at 11:15 AM

I realize that I risk disturbing Godwin to say this but it seems that the left may have found their Horst Wessel. Now all they need is a catchy little song.

Oldnuke on February 14, 2013 at 11:24 AM

So I encourage her to shift focus.

verbaluce on February 14, 2013 at 9:56 AM

Move along MKH ? LOL

President Revenge, and yes, revenge was an end of campaign motivator for our inept Community Organizer in Chief, has fueled and validated this spirit of revenge motive for those in the victim hood who have been done wrong.

Voting may be the best revenge for some, others champion the murderous ventures of a black man.
Get your revenge here, Django style or otherwise.

(and it helps that Dorner IS NOT whitey.)

FlaMurph on February 14, 2013 at 11:32 AM

shuzilla on February 14, 2013 at 11:15 AM

In the same vein, the best liar mixes truth in with his lies. What does it take for someone to lose credibility in MLH’s eyes? Do we use Hitler as a springboard to talk about vegetarianism and love of animals? Ted Bundy for Republican politics? Charles Manson for peace and love? John Wayne Gacy for civic leadership? So why this guy for police misconduct? No, he has zero credibility.

This guy explicitly (or even implicitly) advocating for ANYTHING should be a springboard for NOTHING. He’s a dead killer. I want to hear about the innocent lives of those he murdered, not about him.

Paul-Cincy on February 14, 2013 at 11:34 AM

Seriously…..

Are there any GROWNUPS running news shows anymore?

itsspideyman on February 14, 2013 at 11:00 AM

When Al Roker was asked about Pooping at the WH that was the
Rubicon crossing right there my friend…

So the answer would be NO.

ToddPA on February 14, 2013 at 11:39 AM

If it were a day early BO could have had his charred remains sitting next to Michelle.

tomas on February 14, 2013 at 11:43 AM

An innocent woman and her fiancé are murdered in cold blood by Dorner as retribution as being the daughter of a lawyer that represented Dorner in his job dismissal case while these fools sympathise with this cop killer?

The liberal media is sick and twisted.

dthorny on February 14, 2013 at 11:52 AM

First, I’ll reiterate that I’m 100% against what Dorner did. But him being on the wrong side of this deal doesn’t mean that the cops were on the right side.

The cops seemingly were caught over both a live news feed and their radios saying to burn the cabin down. Recordings of both can be found on youtube. Today they are claiming the cabin catching fire was a mistake. Obvious coverup is obvious. Heads should roll.

Now one only slightly related note. A buddy of mine caught this in this AP article and I didn’t.

In his own words -

“Dorner had an Assault-style rifle according to the article.

Later in the article a game warden shot at him using a semi-automatic high-powered rifle.

Very subtle manipulation of perception.”

Benaiah on February 14, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Dorner is the left’s Timmy McVeigh.

Note that they lionize him.

And because of this, there will be more like him.

And unlike the San Fran lefty bomber the FBI won’t catch them all.

18-1 on February 14, 2013 at 11:59 AM

The liberal media is sick and twisted.

dthorny on February 14, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Just so you know, yesterday a self stated VERY conservative poster on this site told me there was no proof this was Dorner.
No kidding. The distrust of the LAPD is significant.

Jabberwock on February 14, 2013 at 12:05 PM

Leftism is “violence” and “terror”

The student revolts of 1968 deeply alarmed him. “At the time,” he [Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger] wrote, “I was dean of the faculty of theology at (the University of) Tubingen, and in all the university assemblies in which I participated, I could notice all kinds of terror, from subtle psycho-terror up to violence.”

He described how he initially regarded Marxism as a potential corrective to certain strains of modern thought. But he came to identify it with “terror.” He added: “I think that in those years, I learned where discussion must stop because it is turning into a lie and resistance must begin in order to maintain freedom.”

J_Crater on February 14, 2013 at 12:05 PM

The distrust of the LAPD is significant.

Jabberwock

Which is a reputation they’ve earned over a very long period of time.

Benaiah on February 14, 2013 at 12:06 PM

A Columbia professor with this kind of albatross around his neck.

A good thing.

May it stay around his neck for a long, long time.

TimBuk3 on February 14, 2013 at 12:07 PM

It is interesting to consider the full spectrum of what happened here.

A leftwing serial killer went on a murder rampage in a state run by leftwing hacks, claiming the leftwing hacks running the state were corrupt and violent.

The left cheers this because…?

18-1 on February 14, 2013 at 12:10 PM

Okay, so maybe Dorner got screwed out of his job, but it’s no excuse to go on a rampage and murder people – go to court and sue, and go to the media. But killing people? Nope.

Ward Cleaver on February 14, 2013 at 12:12 PM

The Symbionese Liberation Army? Yeah, tears are welling up in my eyes for those poor souls as I type this. /sarc

The police are not required to wait it out just so Mr Crazy Man, or the SLA nutters don’t get an owie.

sharrukin on February 14, 2013 at 5:56 AM

Good memories, summer of 74 I believe. Everyone thought they would find a “Patty melt.”

arnold ziffel on February 14, 2013 at 12:16 PM

The left cheers this because…?

18-1 on February 14, 2013 at 12:10 PM

He’s black.

sentinelrules on February 14, 2013 at 12:16 PM

Ward Cleaver

Write a tell all book or start a blog where you rat out every dirty thing you ever saw on the force.

I agree that there were many better options for him than going on a killing spree.

Benaiah on February 14, 2013 at 12:17 PM

I thought I heard the cops say: “burn that boy” prior to the fire starting.

trs on February 14, 2013 at 9:13 AM

Get it right. It was “lets burn that fkr out.”

arnold ziffel on February 14, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Which is a reputation they’ve earned over a very long period of time.

Benaiah on February 14, 2013 at 12:06 PM

As I am far from there and removed from the issue, I will not argue it. Clearly, it’s there and I accept that. I was just pointing it out to note that the left does not “own” it.

I did have a pretty good reply for you from another related thread, but the page autorefreshed and POOF, gone. Oh well.
LE did not execute Dorner. He died by his own hand.

Jabberwock on February 14, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Don’t tell me Dorner was a hero. But do tell me you understand that his case has uncovered a seamy side of police operations in Southern California and Los Angeles in particular that should be investigated in detail by a citizen panel made up of people who have never been in public service of any kind.

{^_^}

herself on February 14, 2013 at 5:32 AM

Why is everyone so quick to judge a homicidal person as truthful? When judging the moral fiber of a person and whether they have INTEGRITY, I think homicide would be a pretty big indicator that you CAN’T TRUST THEM!

ButterflyDragon on February 14, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Dorner didn’t get screwed out of his job. His performance was below standard, and in revenge lied about another cop. Witnesses, not of the police, confirmed the accused cop’s story that no brutality had been committed.

Despite the Left’s attempts to portray otherwise, the story isn’t about the LAPD. It’s about a liberal, anti-gun, pro-Obama, Piers Morgan fan running loose killing the innocent with firearms. In a word: a terrorist.

He should have waited for Festivus, for the Airing of Grievances tradition. Instead, he went Jihadi and four people died because of him. Still, some on the Left want him elevated to folklore, a bigger-than-life character like Paul Bunyan or Johnny Appleseed.

It’s sickening that this whole question of whether or not Dorner is a mass murderer or hero is even being asked. He was a murdering terrorist, and that’s about the size of it.

Liam on February 14, 2013 at 12:23 PM

arnold ziffel on February 14, 2013 at 12:16 PM

LOL

You know a society is sick when it starts making heroes out of its enemies and its criminal class. Dorner is a serial killer, Mumia is a thug, Bill Ayers is a terrorist, Trayvon Martin is a two-bit drug dealer, and yet these people are made out to be someone you should admire or sympathize with.

sharrukin on February 14, 2013 at 12:24 PM

Liam on February 14, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Are you suggesting that a guy who goes on a multi-day homicidal killing spree shouldn’t be a uniformed police officer?

That just seems so judgmental.

sharrukin on February 14, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Liam on February 14, 2013 at 12:23 PM

Yup. This is a reason why many liberals are dangerous. They tend to be narcissists who resort to destructive behavior/violence when challenged.

sentinelrules on February 14, 2013 at 12:30 PM

The reason Mark Lamont Hill is a professor is he’s too stupid to be able to survive in the real world. What part of killing Ms Quan was the right thing to do, even if you had to get revenge on the system. Hill’s stupidity just amazes me. I’m glad Dorner was able to acclimatize himself to the environmental conditions of the place he was going to. Saved the taxpayer’s money having a trial and incarcerate that POS.

TulsAmerican on February 14, 2013 at 12:30 PM

That just seems so judgmental.

sharrukin on February 14, 2013 at 12:27 PM

I know, I know–I’m just a big Blue Meanie. :)

Liam on February 14, 2013 at 12:30 PM

sharrukin on February 14, 2013 at 12:24 PM

I just don’t understand. Weather Underground leaders are buds with the president and nobody gives a crap. Hell, McCain didn’t raise the issue and he is also great friends with that fake hero Kerry.

arnold ziffel on February 14, 2013 at 12:31 PM

Vomitous cretins. This is a moral IQ test. Leftists fail.

ConservativeLA on February 14, 2013 at 12:34 PM

arnold ziffel on February 14, 2013 at 12:31 PM

A nation and people morally adrift without a compass to show the way. I think that is what it comes down to.

sharrukin on February 14, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Yea.. she says that’s what it is…and then in response to ‘A liberal critic of my comments (who) asked for examples. Here’s one:
Yep. She’s really digging deep here.
Ha.
But she’s fascinated by all of it.
I imagine the sparkle will dim for her eventually….

verbaluce on February 14, 2013 at 9:38 AM

If that’s not enough, mosy on over to the fever swamps of Daily Kos, or Democratic Underground. Then you can come back here and whine some more about cherry picking.

RINO in Name Only on February 14, 2013 at 12:40 PM

If that’s not enough

RINO in Name Only on February 14, 2013 at 12:40 PM

It’s not.
You guys should really stop giving this vermin so much ink.

verbaluce on February 14, 2013 at 12:49 PM

It’s not.
You guys should really stop giving this vermin so much ink.

verbaluce on February 14, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Maybe your fellow liberal brethren should stop defending/praising him.

sentinelrules on February 14, 2013 at 12:52 PM

It’s not.
You guys should really stop giving this vermin so much ink.

verbaluce on February 14, 2013 at 12:49 PM

…Because he’s a psychopathic Liberal.

kingsjester on February 14, 2013 at 12:55 PM

…Because he’s a psychopathic Liberal.

kingsjester on February 14, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Redundant.

Harbingeing on February 14, 2013 at 1:02 PM

It’s not.
You guys should really stop giving this vermin so much ink.

verbaluce on February 14, 2013 at 12:49 PM

You think it will all just go away if WE stop talking about it ?

Wow ! You’re better than that.

Jabberwock on February 14, 2013 at 1:05 PM

Is anyone going to prosecute Quentin Tarantino and the producers of “Django Unchained” for instigating all this violence?

HoosierStateofMind on February 14, 2013 at 1:13 PM

HoosierStateofMind on February 14, 2013 at 1:13 PM

Hey! He could share a cell with that Mohammed film maker. You know the one responsible for the Ben Ghazzi attacks.

Oldnuke on February 14, 2013 at 1:43 PM

It’s not.
You guys should really stop giving this vermin so much ink.

verbaluce on February 14, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Nope We need to blast this piece of crap’s name as the killer of innocents he is and call out everone who defends him. So what happens if we just ignore it as you seem to think would be the thing to do? Do you think those who support him will stop? And don’t we owe it to these innocent victims to make sure they are not portrayed as some collatral damage by a so-called anti-hero?

When we ignore and forget evil it doesn’t go away. It needs to be faced head-on and exposed for what it really is. And those who worship it need to be exposed for the enablers they are.

Just curious, if one of those victims had been a family member would you be so willing to let these accolades and support for their killer go unanswered?

Deanna on February 14, 2013 at 1:57 PM

Idiots as cops

Schadenfreude on February 14, 2013 at 2:28 PM

This just demonstrates the continuing escalation of the tensions between the statists and the conservatives and that it is engulfing more and more people. The lefts infatuation with Horner isn’t helping because it is causing those non-political types to go huh? Just as Mourdock’s and especially Atkin’s abortion gaffes hurt the pro-life movement, so this will hurt Obama.

I have been surprised of late how many normal, hardworking types who have begun to plan for the blow up. They are refinancing down their debt to pay it off quicker, they are buying guns and ammo. They are keeping more water and food around. I’m not talking the survivalists we make fun of on TV. I am talking about people in town, who work right beside all of us.

If you read the period media surrounding slavery, this is starting to move in that direction, rigid opinions and being convinced the other side isn’t listening. And increasingly the notion that DC – regardless of which party is running it – is out to get the population. Its dangerous. And the Prof Hills of the world will be amongst its first victims if this thing errupts.

Zomcon JEM on February 14, 2013 at 2:45 PM

In his own words -

“Dorner had an Assault-style rifle according to the article.

Very subtle manipulation of perception.”

Benaiah on February 14, 2013 at 11:57 AM

Not necessarily. The cops/game wardens were shown in pix carrying Ruger Mini 14s – not what are normally considered “assault-style weapons”. They are not even a ‘civilian version’ of a military weapon.
As such, they are usually referred to as “semi-auto rifles”.

Solaratov on February 14, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Ward Cleaver

My first reaction: maybe they knew he was a nutter
To Summarize the Manifesto

1. The Ultimatum:

When the truth comes out, the killing stops

2. Guilty List: Caucasian officers, Black officers, Hispanic officers, lesbian officers, Asian officers

You are a high value target

3. Kill Families:

…Suppressing the truth will leave to deadly consequences for you and your family. I never had the opportunity to have a family of my own, I’m terminating yours.

4. DNC Party Platform:

Why does any sportsman need a 30 round magazine for hunting?

5. Moment of Lucidity:

If possible, I want my brain preserved for science/research to study the effects of severe depression on an individual’s brain. Since 6/26/08 when I was relieved of duty and 1/2/09 when I was terminated I have been afflicted with severe depression

6. Self Absorption (sociopathic):

It’s kind of sad I won’t be around to view and enjoy The Hangover III. What an awesome trilogy

7. Liberal Enemies List:

If you continuously followed me while I was walking at dusk/night I would confront you as well. Too bad Trayvon didn’t smash your skull completely open, Zim. While Trayvon’s body erodes to bones 6 feet under, Zimmerman has put on no less than 40 pounds while out on bail.

8. Gushing On Leftists: celebrities/journalists/politicians… and Christ Christie

This is psychopathic troll talk. Rage, perceived impotence,and a need to drown out the voices of opposition. Takes an egocentric to share his favorite movies, along with his death list

Libs are in a tight place. He is them. Not sure they are even sorry he killed people. He worshipped them. He has to be a hero, or who are they?

entagor on February 14, 2013 at 2:53 PM

You guys should really stop giving this vermin so much ink. After all, my guys are totally ignoring him.

verbaloon on February 14, 2013 at 12:49 PM

Edited for accuracy.

Del Dolemonte on February 14, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Anti-White genocidal desire gone mainstream. No discussion of Rhodesia, gone into the night forever. No discussion when a black loses his job because of stealing beer, he can kill 8 or 9 Whites and it is a blow for blacks against “racism”. No discussion of how White police officers have lost their jobs to blacks some at the point of a gun and not gone off on a murder spree.

In 2005, on his first day at work, the new sheriff of Clayton County called 27 employees into his office on Monday, fired them and had snipers stand guard on the roof as they were escorted out the door.
The sheriff, Victor Hill, 39, defended the firings and said he had the right to shake up the department in whatever way he felt necessary.
Sheriff Hill also said it was necessary to fire the workers the way he did, including taking some deputies home in vans normally used to transport prisoners because the deputies were barred from using county cars.
Sheriff Hill was among a spate of black candidates elected last year in the county, which was once dominated by rural whites. The fired employees included four of the highest-ranking officers, all of them white. Sheriff Hill told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that their replacements would be black.

No hearings, no examples of questionable behavior, just “you are White, get the hell out.” Not one of them went on a rampage, because it is expected that Whites will behave in a civilized manner. We don’t hold blacks to the same standards.

Bulletchaser on February 14, 2013 at 5:50 PM

CBS has audio recordings of the police yelling out that they should burn down the cabin that Dorner had occupied.

No too long after that, they hurled CS-gas canisters into the cabin ..
you know .. the ones that have a history of starting fires and burning
down structures like the Branch Davidian compound in Waco, TX … and true to their history, they caused the cabin to become engulf in flames.

Of course, the local sheriff is claiming that they didn’t want to burn down the cabin, but … nudge, nudge, know what I mean, say no more

J_Crater on February 14, 2013 at 7:20 PM

The distrust of the LAPD is significant.

Jabberwock
Which is a reputation they’ve earned over a very long period of time.

Benaiah on February 14, 2013 at 12:06 PM

And which political party overwhelmingly dominates the LA city council and mayors office? The mayor is a Democrat, and of the 15 city council seats, there is only one Republican (in addition to one indepentent who is a former Republican). Everyone else is a Democrat.

Taking it further – think of the police departments with the worst reputations for brutality and corruption. Chicago – which party dominates there? How about the city of New Orleans? Washington DC?

Now – which ethnic group claims to be victimized the most by corrupt police departments/officers? And which political party does this ethnic group overwhelmingly vote for?

SubmarineDoc on February 14, 2013 at 9:46 PM

Democrats clearly don’t think that the “American low-information voter” cares about black youths being murdered wholesale in paces like Chicago and DC. Republicans need to start making this an issue.

As for the current discussion, re the deceased ex-policeman, whose name I will not use, how sane could he possibly be if he believed that using murder to avenge himself on the people he hated would not taint his claim that he had originally been innocent and that the attorney and the department lied to toss him out?

Call out into the prison yard: “How many of you guys are innocent?” You know what they all will say.

Leonie Alemann on February 15, 2013 at 12:11 AM

America dodged a bullet with the conflagration of Mr Dorner. Deliberate or not, LAPD did the best thing.

At least we won’t have 6 months of twisted liberals on the evening news trying to see the bright side of an out-of-control liberal thug, as the hopeless justice system tries to patiently deal with animal violence as if it were a complex issue.

But there is residual interest in the case: why was someone with a known history of domestic violence admitted to the police force? Why did he wait all those years before his “rage” at firing became apparent? What was the reason for his recent outburst? Why is his manifesto so obviously laced with liberal frenzy? His unfair treatment all those years ago is not the answer, even if it really happened, which it probably did not.

virgo on February 15, 2013 at 1:43 AM

A portrait of a progressive psychopathy:

“[M]any people aren’t rooting for him to kill innocent people; they’re rooting for someone who was wronged to get a kind of revenge against the system. It’s almost like watching ‘Django Unchained’ in real life. It’s kind of exciting.”

That’s right a movie described by its star as a movie where “I kill all the white people in the movie.” And the response to Tarantino’s work is “Relax. It’s all in fun.” It’s a period “Revenge Flick” and “It’s just a movie.

Now, where I’m not absolutely squeamish at what Tarantino puts on screen, between Jackie Brown and Django, I’ve only seen Death Proof and Inglorious Basterds. To add to that, I wasn’t deeply offended at Foxx’s comment and took it as a joke. Not one I laughed at, but no-less, a joke.

However much of a joke, jokes are still perspectives. Somebody could make a movie where almost every black character in the picture seriously wronged a white character. And in the logic of the picture it seemed almost justice that every single black character was killed as revenge. People seeing that “revenge flick” would be scolded that they even wanted to see such revenge. “Relax, it’s only a movie. It’s only a new angle on the 70s ‘Blaxploitation’ drama.” Would not be accepted as apologies.

Again, I was not overly alarmed at Django or Foxx’s joke. What I’m saying is that movies have their own “logic” based on story events. It’s why such behavior would never be acceptable in real life. In the movie, it’s contrived–which is why the “Blaxploitation” movie above would never be received well. The author could have chosen other events. (Forgive me, I don’t know a thing about the movie except what I saw in commercials.) Dorner is not a former slave, whose wife was sold from him, or likely any version of the events that take place in Django visited upon him. Django is not an LA cop, relieved of duty for 6 months, during which he falls into a “deep depression” and is removed from the force.

The reassurance that “revenge flicks” are just “entertainment” is attenuated to the degree that some wackos are “excited” to see it played out in some loose, unrelated form in “reality”. It really doesn’t say much for Hill’s enjoyment of film, if he later can utter that he’s excited to see something loosely-related to cinematic action played out in real life.

It’s not just entertainment, then, but incitement.

Axeman on February 15, 2013 at 9:53 AM

Add-on: Yes, but Django was either killing innocents as collateral, thus the movie was like this, so part of it in “real life” is the killing of innocents. Or they were all guilty , which makes this case unlike Django.

This statement shows a disconnect with reality. And the resultantly clear need to associate it with vicarious thrills of a loosely-related movie, shows a warped sensibility. He’s in flight from either what Django was, or what the Dorner situation is.

Axeman on February 15, 2013 at 10:01 AM

Official: Dorner died from a single gunshot wound to the head.

Ballistics tests will be conducted to determine if his gun was the source. Preliminary tests indicate that it was.

He was NOT burned alive.

Resist We Much on February 15, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Give a man a gun and he will Teaparty for a day. Give a man a gun and a manifesto and he’ll Baader-Mienhof his way into leftists’ hearts for eternity.

HarneyPeak on February 15, 2013 at 8:37 PM