Sebelius: Healthcare is “getting stronger” under ObamaCare

posted at 7:41 pm on February 12, 2013 by Erika Johnsen

Ensuring us that “the state of American healthcare is getting stronger,” HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius once more extolled the many inherent virtues of ObamaCare and the recent innovations in its administration at a conference in DC on Tuesday. Keep telling yourselves that, White House:

Innovations in care delivery and President Obama’s signature health law are transforming American medicine for the better, the top U.S. health official said Tuesday.

In wide-ranging remarks to a medical conference in Washington, D.C., Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius thanked physicians for tolerating the challenges of a changing U.S. healthcare system.

“I understand that the change is not easy,” Sebelius told members of the American Medical Association. “As we transition into an era of integrated, patient-centered care, it’s inevitable that there will be some growing pains. But I do think that moving forward is the only option.”

Patient-centered? ObamaCare and more bureaucratic involvement in the industry may be a lot of things, but they certainly don’t mean that health care is becoming patient-centered. We’re all already well aware of ObamaCare’s many broken promises on the monetary front, including inflated health-care costs and jacked-up insurance prices, but as for the state of American medicine itself… Here’s one of those “growing pains” Sebelius mentioned — currently going on in California, the first state to rush headlong into ObamaCare’s loving arms:

As the state moves to expand healthcare coverage to millions of Californians under President Obama’s healthcare law, it faces a major obstacle: There aren’t enough doctors to treat a crush of newly insured patients.

Some lawmakers want to fill the gap by redefining who can provide healthcare.

They are working on proposals that would allow physician assistants to treat more patients and nurse practitioners to set up independent practices. Pharmacists and optometrists could act as primary care providers, diagnosing and managing some chronic illnesses, such as diabetes and high-blood pressure.

You read that correctly: To deal with the worsening doctor shortage, they’re considering merely expanding the definition of what a doctor actually is, and lumping certain types of patients together to receive their ACA-covered care from people who aren’t actually doctors. If only we had known it was that simple!

As this thing continues to expand and the doctor shortage worsens, I’d predict that “patient care” is going to become more and more about simply processing everybody in and out of the door as quickly as possible, and less and less about the actual patients.

Comments

What will she say next? That we don’t have a spending problem?

gsherin on February 12, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Erika, haven’t you read 1984? It’s how they will get the 2nd Amendment overturned.

nobar on February 12, 2013 at 7:47 PM

Sebelius: Healthcare is “getting stronger” under ObamaCare

And I am getting weaker..

Electrongod on February 12, 2013 at 7:48 PM

It is scary that there is this much stupid at the head of major government institutions.

besser tot als rot on February 12, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Stronger = more expensive and restricted.

Newspeak sucks.

Pablo on February 12, 2013 at 7:49 PM

It’s only a matter of time before the rich and politically connected are the only ones who get high quality healthcare.

Wigglesworth on February 12, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Sebelius: Healthcare is “getting stronger” under ObamaCare

And I am getting weaker..

Electrongod on February 12, 2013 at 7:48 PM

“And Leon’s getting LAAAAAARGER!”

Chuck Schick on February 12, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Tiller the Killer’s patron hath spoken. ///

annoyinglittletwerp on February 12, 2013 at 7:50 PM

“And Leon’s getting LAAAAAARGER!”

Chuck Schick on February 12, 2013 at 7:50 PM

Well..
I picked a bad time to stop smokin’

Electrongod on February 12, 2013 at 7:52 PM

besser tot als rot on February 12, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Exactly that and they think all Americans are as dumb as their base.

D-fusit on February 12, 2013 at 7:52 PM

She sounds like she’s smoking something she must have purchased in California or Colorado.

Jill1066 on February 12, 2013 at 7:53 PM

She’s creepy with that arched look on her face. For some reason I can see her signing-off on a kill list without even reading the names, just scribbling her name at the bottom; the woman looks as if she has no heart.

Bishop on February 12, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Bishop on February 12, 2013 at 7:53 PM

She was a huge supporter of late-term abortionist George Tiller.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 12, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Shouldn’t that read “Assuring us that…..” How can Sebelius ensure us of anything? It isn’t even clear that she has ensured there will be a healthcare system for our children. Not that we’ll know since the death panels are coming.

Happy Nomad on February 12, 2013 at 7:59 PM

What will she say next? That we don’t have a spending problem?

gsherin on February 12, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Who cares? She’s a lying partisan whore. A self-proclaimed “Catholic” she launched the HHS mandate with the comment that Catholics were coming up to her thanking the administration for finally making the church do the right thing by sluts like Sandra Fluke (last part my translation).

Happy Nomad on February 12, 2013 at 8:01 PM

For the future of our “patient-centered” care, we only have to look across the water to the latest horror of the day of Britain’s, NHS, today’s being Mid Staffs deaths: victims’ families angry that police are yet to launch a criminal investigation.

And yet the Brits dance and caper at the Olympics opening ceremony in homage to this bureaucratic beast.

Drained Brain on February 12, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Awesome idea. I was misdiagnosed by a P.A. while in the U.S. Army. I had ruptured my ACL and the P.A. diagnosed it as a sprained knee. After returning to sick call several more times when my knee didn’t improve, the P.A. thought I was malingering and was going to get me, so he sent me to see an orthopedic surgeon (this was 45 days after the injury). The surgeon told me, he wished he had seen me within the first week after the injury was incurred.

RAN58 on February 12, 2013 at 8:06 PM

EFF you, you bureaucratic HAG!

My health care went up $209 a month you stupid wench!

/Now I don’t pay my credit cards. What’s next?

Key West Reader on February 12, 2013 at 8:09 PM

RAN58 on February 12, 2013 at 8:06 PM

This

As a side note, they have been training “ARNP’s” for years. Many of them are outstanding Nurse Practitioners. Just re-read that title.

With ObamaCarez they’ll be handing out practicing credentials to CNA’s and then we’re all gonna be just fine. Hunky Dory.

Key West Reader on February 12, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Mzz. Sebelius is popping up lately in public dictates like she’s, well, like she’s finding it hard to be ignored.

All I can express is that I’ve been expressing the almost-certain outcomes for years now if and as “Obamacare” ever came to be. I wrote about it, I projected the liabilities from it, everything now proven accurate as to what I wrote over the years as to what I’d expect to happen (and has now happened, with results as I projected them).

The ever-hyperbolice “Leslie Marshall” was on FOX earlier today harping on about how she’s an expert “on these things” because she’s, uhh, “married to an orthopeadic surgeon and co-owns a clinic” (so, there, she’s an expert on “these things”) while she defended if not promoted nuttiness about Obamacare…preposterously, when the other guest on that same program restated the stats that there are now doctor shortages and that non-physician employees are now taking their place (also what I said years ago would happen if OCare was implemented), anyway, Marshall can be seen shaking her head adamently side to side, ‘no’, when the other guest cited the obvious…

…and I’m thinking to myself while watching Marshall’s juvenile rebelliousness, what is it about REALITY that the Left (like Marshall) are quite so contrary about and why? The other guest simply referred to reality, stats, about the growing “doctor shortage” and Marshall is going “no, no, no, no” with her pouted lips and resentful indignation glaring at the screen.

Meanwhile, I’d like to know just what the name of that “clinic” Marshall says she “co-owns” so I can avoid it.

Lourdes on February 12, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Healthcare has gotten more unafordable. Thanks, obama!

Blake on February 12, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Oh, I forgot to describe what Marshall’s primary point was and that was that she maintains that “the crises” in medical care was/is “inevitable” and that Obamacare isn’t responsible for it, that such crises would happen anyway…

…so her loopey presumption was that, well, let’s just make it worse, let’s all embrace Obamacare.

Lourdes on February 12, 2013 at 8:14 PM

doubleplusgood.

mittens on February 12, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Now does everyone understand why the 2nd Amendment is so important? I becomes apparent we will be using the right to remain free soon. The 2nd Amendment is the deadline that if crossed will provoke a armed response from those of use who do not think a community organizer is any smarter then my house cat. Just way more abitious. Abition did not serve Caesar well and it will not serve Obama well.

Zelsdorf Ragshaft on February 12, 2013 at 8:14 PM

Come judgement day these people are going to have a lot to answer for.

jawkneemusic on February 12, 2013 at 8:14 PM

obamacare…brought to you by the geniuses who thought that diluting makers mark would help them make more money.

renalin on February 12, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Bishop on February 12, 2013 at 7:53 PM

She was a huge supporter of late-term abortionist George Tiller.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 12, 2013 at 7:56 PM

Yes, Sebelius was that. She’s an evil creature. Not to insult creatures everywhere.

Lourdes on February 12, 2013 at 8:16 PM

Lourdes on February 12, 2013 at 8:14 PM

I just keep looking forward to my annual exam. At something that no longer resembles an OB/GYN office with ferns and pictures of babies and mothers…

My NEW Obamacare OB/GYN office will look more like the Post Office, or the DMV…. Complete with government “workers”.

Womenz for Obama. Yes.

Key West Reader on February 12, 2013 at 8:17 PM

RAN58 on February 12, 2013 at 8:06 PM

Yeah, you gotta love that P.A. mentality in military medicine. I used to work with a guy who was diagnosed with a back sprain. He literally was walking around for several months with a broken back. It was only correctly diagnosed when he collapsed in a parking lot and couldn’t move.

Happy Nomad on February 12, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Key West Reader on February 12, 2013 at 8:17 PM

Correction. Your new Obamacare OB/GYN office will not look like the Post Office or the DMV. It will be in the corner of the Post Office, DMV, or perhaps the local IRS office. You can go in and get your taxes audited and PAP test in the same trip.

Happy Nomad on February 12, 2013 at 8:19 PM

So when is Her Highness of Health Care going to okay the use of witch doctors?

GarandFan on February 12, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Coercion thy name is Liberal.

Charlemagne on February 12, 2013 at 8:23 PM

Sebelius: Healthcare is “getting stronger” under ObamaCare

headline: Erika Johnsen

This is what Ms Sebelius really meant:

Sebelius: Healthcare GOVERNMENT is “getting stronger” under ObamaCare

listens2glenn on February 12, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Happy Nomad on February 12, 2013 at 8:19 PM

This is for you because I have missed you so much:

Happy Nomad, Nurse Ratched is here to see you

Key West Reader on February 12, 2013 at 8:25 PM

No, only Fed tyranny is getting stronger. But it, too, will come to an end.

WannabeAnglican on February 12, 2013 at 8:27 PM

EFF you, you bureaucratic HAG!

My health care went up $209 a month you stupid wench!

/Now I don’t pay my credit cards. What’s next?

Key West Reader on February 12, 2013 at 8:09 PM

OUCH … my “virgin” ears . . . . . . . . HI Key West’ ! … : )

listens2glenn on February 12, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Sebelius: Healthcare is “getting stronger”

If she’s telling me it is, then I know it isn’t.

lynncgb on February 12, 2013 at 8:28 PM

We don’t have a spending problem…health care is getting stronger…we are fundamentally changing the U.S. …. resistance is futile….

easyt65 on February 12, 2013 at 8:29 PM

My advice to any and all:

IF your only option for “available” medical care is to be seen by a Nurse Practitioner, AT LEAST LIMIT your choice of one to a NP who is IN THE PRACTICE OF A PHYSICIAN who you can regard well (has a good reputation, someone who you can investigate a bit, someone you like and find intelligent and caring — which means, first see that physician if you can).

Best to see a NP WITHIN the practice of a physician (see above). Meaning, one who is employed by the medical practice/org/company and is accountable to that practice. That way, at least they are under supervision of a physician AND the physician is accountable for the NP’s work.

Lourdes on February 12, 2013 at 8:29 PM

besser tot als rot on February 12, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Not stupid – evil…. Hitler was not stupid.

redguy on February 12, 2013 at 8:30 PM

“Healthcare is getting stronger…”

Lourdes on February 12, 2013 at 8:31 PM

Well, my migraines are certainly getting stronger.

Mr. Arrogant on February 12, 2013 at 8:32 PM

“Castrocare”…”Obamacare”…indistinguishable.

Lourdes on February 12, 2013 at 8:32 PM

Happy Nomad on February 12, 2013 at 8:19 PM

This is for you because I have missed you so much:

Happy Nomad, Nurse Ratchedt is here to see you.

Key West Reader on February 12, 2013 at 8:25 PM

. . . . . . . : )
Lots of opportunities to use that link, in the coming months.

listens2glenn on February 12, 2013 at 8:33 PM

listens2glenn on February 12, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Broke and happy!

Nice to see you :o)

Key West Reader on February 12, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Let’s see. HHS is working to expand those allowed to act as primary health care providers. Yet a week ago we were talking about the Justice Department trying to restrict who may prepare tax returns for a second party. This administration is beyond dysfunctional,

DaveDief on February 12, 2013 at 8:35 PM

Sniff. Sniff.

/What’s that I smell? I Breitbart investigation into Sebelius and her starting qualifications to be “governor” of Kansas? Bacon. Bacon. Bacon.

Key West Reader on February 12, 2013 at 8:37 PM

DaveDief on February 12, 2013 at 8:35 PM

In objective fairness, ARNP’s have been practicing under insurance companies for about the last 10 years.

My issue is with Government being able to make the determination of who is qualified as an ARNP. You need to worry about them granting the right to Practice to CNA’s. And HHA’s. and Janitors.

Key West Reader on February 12, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Alternate Headline
Sebelius:

Healthcare

Government is “getting stronger” under ObamaCare

When I asked for privacy with some recent tests, my Surgeon looked at me and said “they already know more than you think”.

Things that make you go hmmmmm.

seesalrun2 on February 12, 2013 at 8:42 PM

Well..
I picked a bad time to stop smokin’

Electrongod on February 12, 2013 at 7:52 PM

…Well…just give up the tabacco then!

KOOLAID2 on February 12, 2013 at 8:43 PM

If you call increased costs and decreased coverage “getting stronger,” then she’s right. Since that was actually the GOAL of this bill, there’s no reason she wouldn’t see that as a positive thing.

We are so screwed.

JannyMae on February 12, 2013 at 8:49 PM

Filthy soulless despotic liar. It’s all you are and all you’ll ever be, Sebelius.

rrpjr on February 12, 2013 at 8:52 PM

besser tot als rot on February 12, 2013 at 7:48 PM

It’s not stupid; it’s willfully, malevolent evil.

Midas on February 12, 2013 at 8:57 PM

If there is a hell Kathleen Sebelius is going to have a front row seat. Her father(also a flaming liberal) was governor of Ohio in the early 1970s. Fortunately, people in Ohio are smarter than they are in Kansas. John Gilligan only lasted one term.

bw222 on February 12, 2013 at 9:04 PM

California = Hollywood = lots of people to play doctor, hope they enjoy their care and waiting lines.

tim c on February 12, 2013 at 9:05 PM

I just got laid off last month. By next month, my healthcare premiums for a family of four will be well over $1,000, with no option to buy just catastrophic or just hospitalization to have a chance to lower that unsustainable cost.

Kathleen Sibelius, Barack Obama, every member of Congress who voted for this bill and every person in America who re-elected this sociopath can all go eff themselves.

Right Mover on February 12, 2013 at 9:08 PM

What a loathsome sow.

Naturally Curly on February 12, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Key West Reader on February 12, 2013 at 8:40 PM

I agree regarding the nurse practioner. I think the proposal that pharmacists and optometrists acting as primary care providers and managing chronic illnesses struck me as being highly inappropriate. That’s just my opinion, but I guess if they devise a system that inherently leads to physician shortages they are desperate to fill the gap somehow. I don’t think Obama cares at all about the quality of health care. I think the libs want a system in place to more effectively cull the chronically ill, terminally ill as expediently as possible from the healthcare rolls.

DaveDief on February 12, 2013 at 9:19 PM

I don’t think Obama cares at all about the quality of health care.

We’re long past the point where we can even give him the benefit of the doubt. This sociopathic S O B hates America and hates humanity. Period.

And I can’t wait for some squishy Medved-type to come along and accuse me of being too strident in my assessment of this a-h*le.

Right Mover on February 12, 2013 at 9:23 PM

If you ever wonder how the Nazi’s and Commies did it…you’re not paying close enough attention. The propaganda and deception from this administration is historic.

CycloneCDB on February 12, 2013 at 9:42 PM

CycloneCDB on February 12, 2013 at 9:42 PM

I recently finished reading Anne Applebaum’s “Iron Curtain-Eastern Europe 1944-1956.”

Some of the similarities of the techniques they used compared with today’s left in this country are striking.

predator on February 12, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Like they were asked.. or given a choice..

and when half the medical doctors retire rather than deal with Obama’s nightmare.. she’ll just keep on “screaming “ALL IS WELL!”.. While people run in a panic around her..

These idiots will devastate US healthcare, and damn us all for not submitting and groveling more to make it work for the greater glory of Obama. My meds just shot way up, we’re getting threatening letters about buying health insurance.. and prices are going up across the board to pay for this debacle..

Progressive programs always end up regressive taxes on the poorest, the disabled, retirees.. people who can’t increase their income like Obama, by just writing books about how wonderful he thinks he is..

All I can do, is pray that my doctors don’t retire,.. and pray the costs don’t end up costing us our ability to buy a home.. our one chance to leave something of value to our children, and he is killing that dream..

I hope Obama ends up broke, and in the very system he created.. then maybe when some RN says,.. heart valve?.. just go take a pill and wait to die, you’re in the way.. maybe he’ll finally get it..

mark81150 on February 12, 2013 at 9:57 PM

Damn every voter who signed on for this.

Right Mover on February 12, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Sebelius is a prototype of the ultimate government-slave-idiot with which the Obamacrats are trying to populate the world.

You can easily recognize these fools: they have to cluster together in circles so that they can get both hands into other peoples’ pockets!!

Their problem solving skills are straight out of the Three Stooges!!! Sick? …Just redefine “Sick” as “Well”!!! “Poor”??? …Just redefine “Poor” as “Rich”!!!

Above all, never take substantial, meaningful action on any problem…just huff and puff and lie your way through life and hope nobody will notice.

Ultimately this problem will self-correct: someone will redefine “hungry” as “satiated” (aka “full”), and the Liberals will all starve themselves to death. As usual, they will fail to plan ahead for this, and we Conservatives will have to bury them or use them as fuel because our other power plants will have been shut down by liberal wackos.

landlines on February 12, 2013 at 11:09 PM

Obama warned you when he talked about Paralegals providing your health care.

katablog.com on February 12, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Stronger = more expensive and restricted.

Newspeak sucks.

Pablo on February 12, 2013 at 7:49 PM

Yup, 27 year old daughter’s premium has doubled in the past two years and it’s mostly catastrophic. It probably won’t meet Obamacare’s minimum standards and she is having a hard time affording it now.

Fallon on February 12, 2013 at 11:14 PM

It is absolutely infuriating to go to work and hear all my UAW brothers(LOL) bitch and moan about paying more in taxes and their HC premiums on the rise. Talk about genuinely stupid people.

tom daschle concerned on February 12, 2013 at 11:48 PM

Who said Obamacare was about healthcare? When I wrote to voice my disagreement with the then pending legislation my “awesome” Senator, Debbie Stabenow, sent me an email back saying we needed it because it would create jobs or something…(literally nothing about patient care in her response to me.)

jjjdad on February 12, 2013 at 11:58 PM

That’s fitting since we’ve redefined what qualifies someone for public office, as well as ‘elected leaders’, ‘investments’, ‘revenue’, ‘fair share’, ‘affordable care’ and even the meaning of the word ‘is’. Oh, yeah, and they are working on the Constitution.

ghostwalker1 on February 13, 2013 at 12:06 AM

California laywers must be salivating over the prospect of thousands of Nurse Practitioners being sued for malpractice.

Obamacare certainly is getting stronger, like a rotting carcasse.

virgo on February 13, 2013 at 12:25 AM

Since Ogabe defines how mediocre and degenerate one can be yet still squeeze into and out of Harvard on Affirmative-action then it’s not surprising the definition for what passes for “doctor” under his regime would be similarly downgraded.

No, no!… “Dr.” Jocelyn Elders!… the tonsils are at the other end…., er, Michael Jackson’s “doctor” will show you….

viking01 on February 13, 2013 at 12:31 AM

Great. We already have to drive an hour for my OB-GYN and for fertility help. Our hospitals closer than an hour are already triage centers that just sop up the blood and send you on. Dr. shortages will literally kill people in rural settings.

cptacek on February 13, 2013 at 12:41 AM

Well, well, well. While looking up info on ol’ Kathy on Wikipedia, I found this nugget:

Sebelius is a member of the Catholic Church; in early March 2009, Archbishop Raymond F. Burke, prefect for the Apostolic Signatura, the Holy See’s highest court, declared that Sebelius should not approach the altar for Communion in the United States, and he noted that, “after pastoral admonition, she obstinately persists in serious sin”

cptacek on February 13, 2013 at 12:45 AM

What health-fuehrer Sebelius means is that if the government decides you’re sick and need adjustment they’ll gladly send out a drone to “treat” you.

Faster and less bother than Siberia.

viking01 on February 13, 2013 at 12:49 AM

If by “stronger” she means “more coercive,” then I think you’ll have to admit she’s dead-on.

tom on February 13, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Sebelius: Healthcare Centralized Planning is “getting stronger” under ObamaCare.

It’s the end game for Progs . . .

BigAlSouth on February 13, 2013 at 6:01 AM

I still owe hospital bills from the 90′s, I still don’t have insurance.

I don’t want insurance either. But it’s a mystery to me personally how the ACA changed anything. And I’m the type person it’s supposed to help.

Slade73 on February 13, 2013 at 6:22 AM

Surely, “getting stronger” refers to the smell.

Government Health Control – it’s everything I thought it would be. And less.

ROCnPhilly on February 13, 2013 at 7:04 AM

Bishop on February 12, 2013 at 7:53 PM

She’s a real-life Cruella DeVil.

Bitter Clinger on February 13, 2013 at 7:11 AM

My four word summation of Kathleen Sebelius: She is a liar.

pilamaye on February 13, 2013 at 7:25 AM

“HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius once more extolled the many inherent virtues of ObamaCare” and proved once again to the world she has no concept of reality.

sadatoni on February 13, 2013 at 7:43 AM

“the state of American healthcare is getting stronger,”

….strong abortions you mean?

TX-96 on February 13, 2013 at 7:51 AM

Lourdes – you and me both.

My accuracy rate on prediciting all things terrible coming from this legislation has been uncanny.

As the hospitals buy up practices and try to create primary care docs as loss leaders to enter patients into their revenue stream, PAs and NPs are going to be what you see. Banks of them overseen by a fam doc or two. Now for some thigns a good NP or PA can be just fine – but I expect the line will be drawn in not so fine a place.

Oh, and you will pay much more for the privilege.

Zomcon JEM on February 13, 2013 at 7:53 AM

Oh and Sebelius is one of the few “public servants” who is truly evil. May God have mercy on her soul.

Zomcon JEM on February 13, 2013 at 7:54 AM

….and then after Sebelius spoke her words, she clicked the heels of her black riding boots together and thrust her right arm into the air declaring, “Heil, Obama!”

Cherokee on February 13, 2013 at 8:04 AM

If she’s referring to odor she is correct. The stench of obamacare is getting stronger with each new set of rules.

The only saving grace is that the young obamabots who were a major factor in his reelection are going to feel the pain first.

Nomas on February 13, 2013 at 8:16 AM

IS SHE HIGH???

Pharmacists or optometrists DIAGNOSING and MANAGING hypertension or DIABETES?

To those of you without a healthcare background, listen up. Allow this and many people will die and it won’t necessarily be pretty for them before this happens. Allow this, and you will no longer have medical care at all. Hypertension is not just about the number on the blood pressure cuff and it’s not always primary. You can have it because of atherosclerosis, a drug side effect, or it could be a brain tumor or any of a number of other reasons. It can be treated…or it can be intractable. Manage it wrong you can end up stroking, have kidney failure, coma, disabling paralysis and/or dying. Managing diabetes is more than just managing your blood sugar. Manage it wrong you have limb loss, organ failure, heart attack, stroke, death. There is a reason why cardiology and endocrinology are medical specialties.

I’m not usually prone to what could be interpreted as hyperbole but this is dangerous as hell, and it will only affect the hoi polloi, not the “one percent” that lives a lavish lifestyle in the Beltway. THOSE folks will continue to have the finest medical care known to man in history. The rest of us will be treated like chickens on a conveyor belt.

There are things that you sit around and grouse about when it comes to politics and there are things where you grab a sign, stand on the steps of the capitol and say OH HELL NO. This would be the latter.

DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN.

GeeWhiz on February 13, 2013 at 8:44 AM

Innovations in care delivery…?

Sebelius cited accountable care organizations, bundled payment initiatives and electronic health records among the areas where innovations have led to lower costs and “significant, measurable improvements in Americans’ health.”

I pondered this for a long time. She thinks health care is the health insurance industry.

Read this again:
Innovations in “Healthcare” delivery. I think she is talking about insurance, not medicine. I am not convinced she knows anything about medicine.

Fleuries on February 13, 2013 at 9:49 AM

I am getting sick of the damn lies. Something really stinks in Denmark.

kemojr on February 13, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I apologized to my kids. I said their world will never be like my world or my dad’s world. I know how it happened, I don’t know if I could have done anymore to stop it.

I also told them to pay attention, this is history in the making. They will talk about this time for generations to come.

Sebelius is Goebbels with a gray pixie cut. Her and her ilk are current examples of what the Germans and the Italians went through between the wars. The people were confused, ignorant and looking for answers they wanted to hear. They were also being lied to willingly.

Pay attention. Someday, they will ask us what happened.

archer52 on February 13, 2013 at 10:05 AM

I’ve met and worked with some really smart and competent nurses. And I’ve met and played golf with a few doctors that I wouldn’t let wash my car. Just saying.

FineasFinn on February 13, 2013 at 5:38 PM

I’ve got to schedule a procedure that will save my teeth from falling out of my head. My PPO (rated as one of the best) will not even cover half of the expenses. My out of pocket is over $2K and the insurance will only cover $900.

Under Obama, the only thing getting stronger are the insurance companies.

Hammie on February 13, 2013 at 9:22 PM

All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing.

– Edmund Burke