Quotes of the day

posted at 8:01 pm on February 10, 2013 by Allahpundit

“This is a bad idea whose time has come,” former Mississippi Gov. Haley Barbour, a powerhouse fundraiser for Crossroads, said of the new organization, according to an email Monday to donors from Steven Law, head of the Crossroads groups and Conservative Victory Project.

Law outlined plans to essentially perform oppo research [on conservatives] and grade potential candidates on a variety of factors that might affect their ability to win a general election contest, including using fundraising reports “like earnings calls” to evaluate “the competitiveness of candidates.” And he signaled that Crossroads would mobilize other big-money groups in its network to help avert damaging primaries…

But Rove’s involvement in primaries could inflame opponents, predicted Matt Hoskins, executive director of the Senate Conservatives Fund PAC. “Their activities are going to actually have the opposite effect of what they’re trying to do,” he said. “It could actually make it easier for conservative candidates to win primaries.”…

“We discourage our people from supporting third-party candidates by saying ‘that’s a big mistake. We shouldn’t do that’,” [Tea Party Express founder Sal Russo] said. “But if the position [Rove’s allies] take is rule or ruin — well, two can play that game. And if we get pushed, we’re not going to be able to keep the lid on that.”

***

One high-profile Republican strategist, who refused to be named in order to avoid inflaming the very segments of the party he wants to silence, said there is a deliberate effort by party leaders to “marginalize the cranks, haters and bigots — there’s a lot of underbrush that has to be cleaned out.”…

So a political colonoscopy is going on before our eyes. Republican after Republican told us the party dodged a bullet with Mitt Romney’s loss: If he had squeaked in, this vital reboot would have been delayed four or eight years…

But a senior Republican operative said the party has two huge, unresolved impediments to the top leaders’ grand plans: “suicide conservatives, who would rather lose elections than win seats with moderates,” and the “many groups on the hard right that depend on direct mail fundraising that requires a high degree of audacity, and borderline shrillness.”

***

Stone said it’s wrong to alienate the conservative base. “These are the storm troops of the Republican Party,” he said, adding that tea party folks ring doorbells and hang signs for candidates. “Don’t offend them”

Stone said Republicans can find electable candidates who also appeal to tea party principles. But a group that divides a minority party, he added, “that’s like pre-meditated suicide. I’m not for a suicide PAC.”

***

Matt Kibbe of FreedomWorks openly scoffed at the notion that Rove’s network would be able to pick winners and losers. “The guys who fund groups like Rove’s want to re-establish that they’re in charge, but they just don’t understand the inevitable decentralization and democratization of politics,” said Kibbe. Club for Growth president Chris Chocola seconded that motion: “When you think about a Republican primary, and you think about a principled conservative versus a moderate Republican – well, our model wins more often.”

Rove’s apparent apathy toward the Tea Party has obviously generated antipathy for his views. As Mark Levin has pointed out, Rove recently bragged about spending some $30 million on Senate Tea Party candidates and $25 million on Tea Party House candidates — but American Crossroads reportedly spent some $400 million in the 2012 election cycle, meaning that only about $1 out of every $8 was spent on Tea Party candidates.

Rove will undoubtedly continue to wield influence. But whether that influence triggers a Republican civil war or not is entirely up to Rove, and depends largely on his willingness to work with Tea Party groups rather than in opposition to them.

***

Paul pushed back Sunday on the notion that Rubio, or any other Republican, has been anointed as the “face” of the Republican Party, making the case that Republican lawmakers sometimes have different priorities.

“I don’t think anybody gets to choose who the face is, or say you or someone else is the face. I think we do the best to promote what we believe in,” Paul said, pointing to his own vocal opposition to sending U.S. foreign aid money to certain countries like Egypt and Pakistan.

“There are things that distinguish a lot of different Republicans. It doesn’t make them bad or me right or them wrong. What it means there is a tea party wing that’s interested in not sending money to people who are not acting like our allies,” Paul said.

***

Rove believes that candidates like O’Donnell gave away likely seats in Nevada, Colorado, Indiana, and Missouri during the last two election cycles. The GOP might control the Senate today if sharper candidates had prevailed.

This line of thinking outrages movement conservatives and Tea Party activists. They chalk up the defeats to the liberal media, which lampooned true conservatives by fixating on their minor missteps. By pledging to support more electable candidates, Rove is buying in to the frame that the media puts around true conservatives.

This theory may be reasonable or it may be poppycock. Either way, Rove’s detractors should thank him for bringing the debate into the open. Rove’s new effort is good for the Tea Party in the way that doubters are good for religions. No faith worthy of its Sunday parishioners crumbles under a challenge. Leaving aside whether Rove is really challenging the core of Tea Party beliefs, his efforts force those who hold a different view into being clearer about what they believe. Only if they go through that process can they make their case to Republicans who aren’t already true believers. Plus, if they can’t beat Karl Rove at the internal game, they’re not going to be able to beat the Democrats.

***

Back then, and even now, 41 years later, Rove was not a radical or what they called a “movement” conservative. He was a geeky outsider who longed for the power and money and connections that he thought would be available to him in politics in general and as a Nixon acolyte in particular. Nixon hated the country clubbers, but for social not philosophical reasons, and he drew to his side outsider operatives such as Rove with a lust for power…

Tea Partiers rightly ask what Rove and his rich-as-Croesus American Crossroads super PAC have gotten for conservatives or even the GOP. Rove is a master tactician, but not necessarily a great judge of political horseflesh. His taste tends to run to rich guys who can pay him a lot — which worked out well only in the case of W., and then only by skin of Justice Antonin Scalia’s (“get over it”) teeth…

Deep-dyed conservatives have a right to ask the Roves of the world what the establishment GOPers have done to erase the debt, limit the reach of the federal government or enhance a libertarian view of the world. The answer, to the Rand Pauls of the world, is simple: nothing

He’s done.

***

Hear this: extremist ideology is one crucial element of being a bad candidate. There is no good way to phrase the idea that rape victims should be compelled to bear their rapist’s child. Ditto for the idea that those people who can’t find work in the throes of the worst jobs crisis since the 1930s are moochers and takers.

But there is an idea that can be phrased, and it is this:

It’s long past time to create within the Republican party an organized force to fund and support moderate-minded candidates. The Tea Party types do not hesitate to champion their views. Why would it be wrong for moderate Republicans to do likewise? Karl Rove won’t lead that effort. Somebody should. Who?

***

***

***

DAVID BROOKS: I think it’s the beginning of a longer-lasting thing.

There’s been a lot of calls for Republicans to change. And we have seen that from everybody to Paul Ryan to Marco Rubio. Now we’re beginning to see the donor class really begin to change. There is some question, are they trying to change just the candidates, so they don’t get Todd Akin, or they trying to actually change some of the substance?

And, so far , it seems to be just the candidates. One of the interesting things — and I can’t say I know the answer to this — is, how much will the Tea Party fight back? There has been some effort that they are saying, oh, the establishment is taking over.

But my own sense of things so far is that there is not the will to fight among the Tea Party and that a lot of people in the Tea Party are, frankly — they’re not — they are also Republicans. And a lot of — say, Rush Limbaugh, for example, who is not Tea Party, he’s more an establishment Republican who wants the Republican Party to win.

So I have a feeling that the establishment is going to have maybe an easier time of it than some might think.

***

Click the image to listen.

ml

Comments

Comment pages: 1 5 6 7 8

Great caliber. Which browning?

Bmore on February 11, 2013 at 12:55 AM

The dam chewed it up into little itsy, bitsy pieces and I don’t recall the details offhand, especially considering the present political climate.

FloatingRock on February 11, 2013 at 1:14 AM

SWalker on February 11, 2013 at 1:10 AM

Jackie has been most informative on self publishing etc…

I have an issue with myself.

I think others are so much more brilliant than I could ever be.

I have thought about it.

Scrumpy on February 11, 2013 at 1:14 AM

SWalker on February 11, 2013 at 1:07 AM

Guess I will never know which browning he had now. Too bad. Great caliber.

Bmore on February 11, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Yeah, axe has really helped point me in the right direction for my poetry.

Rusty Allen on February 11, 2013 at 1:15 AM

Did you have a lovely weekend?

Bmore on February 11, 2013 at 1:10 AM

I did, indeed. As usual, it flew by much too quickly.

Sounds like you guys had a lovely time. Chores & chillin’. :)

4Grace on February 11, 2013 at 1:15 AM

If you haven’t done so, click on his name next time and check out his “stuff’!!

Scrumpy on February 11, 2013 at 1:09 AM

Didn’t know that. Will do, thanks.

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 1:16 AM

Don’t know if I want to go thru all the hassle of publishing etc.

Scrumpy on February 11, 2013 at 1:07 AM

You should discuss that with Jackie…

SWalker on February 11, 2013 at 1:10 AM

Oh, and let me share a little personal experience with you, your own personal opinion of your work, is usually the worst for deciding it’s value to other people. Few people can evaluate their own work dispassionately enough to to be accurate about it.

I am my own harshest critic, to my own detriment in fact. I am never satisfied with anything I do, it’s never good enough, and consequently nothing ever get finished anymore.

SWalker on February 11, 2013 at 1:17 AM

FloatingRock on February 11, 2013 at 1:14 AM

I understand. I have never owned guns. But if I had I have heard browning makes a fine one. 30-06 is so I’m told a great caliber.

Bmore on February 11, 2013 at 1:17 AM

“For the love of money is the root of all evil.”

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 1:11 AM

Indeed. Countless examples, eh?

Nice to see you, bluefox.

4Grace on February 11, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Scrumpy on February 11, 2013 at 1:14 AM

I just got a nice journal to write in. The two poems I posted in here, I just did on my iPhone. I figure if I write them on paper, I can work with them later.

Rusty Allen on February 11, 2013 at 1:17 AM

crosspatch on February 11, 2013 at 1:14 AM

Yes, but if they do not ‘hear’ us, even tho we may win elections local and state etc, does it get us anywhere really when it seems a vast majority lie to get a vote?

We need total honesty and integrity first and foremost from all our candidates…

I think this system is gonna have to crash and burn for it to be fixed…

It takes so long to get decent people into office!

Scrumpy on February 11, 2013 at 1:18 AM

Mr Sparky Plug is rubbing off on all of us. He used to teach Longfellow’s short stories at Tijuana junior college.

arnold ziffel on February 11, 2013 at 1:12 AM

LOL, I really did!

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 1:18 AM

4Grace on February 11, 2013 at 1:15 AM

I should be sleeping. Busy week ahead, you?

Bmore on February 11, 2013 at 1:19 AM

SWalker on February 11, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Yes, I know what you are saying…

It’s somthing I am working on to improve myself…

It’s tough!

We both know what our ‘thing’ is and yet it is the hardest thing to ‘fix’!

Scrumpy on February 11, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Rusty Allen on February 11, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Absolutely!!

I just pop mine * into a doc on here (laptop)… no smart ph yet, I just have an intelligent one ;-)

*Stories n poems n such…

Scrumpy on February 11, 2013 at 1:23 AM

I should be sleeping. Busy week ahead, you?

Bmore on February 11, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Yes, will be quite busy. But, that’s not a bad thing.

Do you take requests on whirlygig models?

4Grace on February 11, 2013 at 1:23 AM

crosspatch on February 11, 2013 at 1:14 AM

Repost:

Here’s your record Rove; why don’t you talk about your great success?

they have such a great track record, don’t they? The hundreds of millions of dollars Rove and company spent over the last couple years have given us President Romney, Senator Dewhurst of Texas, Senator Berg of North Dakota, Senator Thompson of Wisconsin, Senator Rehberg of Montana, Senator McMahon of Connecticut, and Florida Senator Charlie Crist, to name a few. With a stellar track record like that, I can’t wait to see who they pick next. Oh wait. C4P

WAR!

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 12:36 AM

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 1:24 AM

I bid you all a fond goodnight. It’s been a pleasure, as always. See you soon.

thatsafactjack on February 11, 2013 at 1:02 AM

Night Jackie, and if you see this in the AM, remember I go good with a nice Rose or Zinfandel. Not too gamey.

arnold ziffel on February 11, 2013 at 1:24 AM

4Grace on February 11, 2013 at 1:23 AM

Crap, can’t even do quotes properly anymore.

4Grace on February 11, 2013 at 1:24 AM

We both know what our ‘thing’ is and yet it is the hardest thing to ‘fix’!

Scrumpy on February 11, 2013 at 1:21 AM

Sigh… Indeed it is. It can become a trap that get’s worse as time goes by if you are not careful. I still day dream about recording another Cd, but honestly have mostly given up on that dream. It’s almost a blessing that I can’t afford to record, because as long as I can’t I have an excuse to not try and fail again.

SWalker on February 11, 2013 at 1:25 AM

LOL, I really did!

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 1:18 AM

Very very good. Bet you have some good memories and stories.

arnold ziffel on February 11, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Indeed. Countless examples, eh?

Nice to see you, bluefox.

4Grace on February 11, 2013 at 1:17 AM

Many sadly. Thanks 4Grace. I was busy earlier watching 2 tapes of Downton Abbey and tonight’s, LOL

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 1:26 AM

4Grace on February 11, 2013 at 1:23 AM

For you? Anything. You name it.

Bmore on February 11, 2013 at 1:30 AM

SWalker on February 11, 2013 at 1:25 AM

Money aside, tho an important part for sure, behind failures comes success!!

At least you have recorded and played successfully!

It will happen again, just go out there and play, round here we have a couple coffee houses that have nights for people to just play or read poetry…

(look who’s talking) :-)

Scrumpy on February 11, 2013 at 1:30 AM

LOL, I really did!

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 1:18 AM

Very very good. Bet you have some good memories and stories.

arnold ziffel on February 11, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Now I’m curious; why would you say that?

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Read the Dorner thread. That was a doozy.

4Grace on February 11, 2013 at 1:31 AM

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 1:26 AM

My wife is watching right now–CA. I like Doc Martin but can’t get into Downton Abbey but apparently everyone else loves it.

arnold ziffel on February 11, 2013 at 1:32 AM

(look who’s talking) :-)

Scrumpy on February 11, 2013 at 1:30 AM

You beat me to that:-)

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Sad to say, I must depart!!

God Bless you all!

Good night folks {hugs}

*swoosh*

Scrumpy on February 11, 2013 at 1:32 AM

*swoosh*

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 1:32 AM

I can give it, but can’t even take my own!! Advice I mean…

*swoosh*

Scrumpy on February 11, 2013 at 1:34 AM

For you? Anything. You name it.

Bmore on February 11, 2013 at 1:30 AM

Thanks, B. I have the idea, but need to flesh it out a bit. I will let you know!

OH, I did get to listen to Dr. Carson’s speech the following day. What an amazing breath of fresh air. Honesty. Wow, what a concept.

4Grace on February 11, 2013 at 1:34 AM

Scrumpy on February 11, 2013 at 1:32 AM

G’night. Dream a dream of your published book:-)

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 1:34 AM

Now I’m curious; why would you say that?

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 1:31 AM

Teaching at Tijuana junior college? I don’t know, might be a little different from Ventura or Sacramento.

arnold ziffel on February 11, 2013 at 1:34 AM

Don’t blame the Tea Party for idiots like Akin and Romney.

HellCat on February 11, 2013 at 1:35 AM

Goodnight, Scrumpy.

4Grace on February 11, 2013 at 1:37 AM

arnold ziffel on February 11, 2013 at 1:32 AM

I think you have to maybe watch it from the beginning. One of my family members, or rather a couple of them can’t get into it either. I think it’s intriguing.

Have no idea what CA is or Doc Martin, LOL

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 1:38 AM

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 1:31 AM

arnold ziffel on February 11, 2013 at 1:34 AM

what? they pay you in fish Tacos?

SWalker on February 11, 2013 at 1:39 AM

4Grace on February 11, 2013 at 1:34 AM

Glad you enjoyed the Dr. Just drop me a note when you know. Be glad to do whatever it might be. ; ) think its time for me to crash. Can hardly keep my eyes open. Lol! 4Grace I have a favor to ask of you also. I can’t load tunes off this device well. Would you load a morphine tune for me? None in particular first one you see would be fine.

xoxo

Good Night All.

Bmore on February 11, 2013 at 1:39 AM

I can give it, but can’t even take my own!! Advice I mean…

*swoosh*

Scrumpy on February 11, 2013 at 1:34 AM

Then that is your answer, if you’ve been looking for one.

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 1:39 AM

What an amazing breath of fresh air. Honesty. Wow, what a concept.

4Grace on February 11, 2013 at 1:34 AM

For which I am certain he will be eviscerated by the Marxist Talking heads in the Fifth Column Treasonous Media come Monday morning.

SWalker on February 11, 2013 at 1:41 AM

Does a river still know its name
once it’s finds the sea?
And does a forest know each tree
the way that you know me?

Does a waterfall still feel beautiful
If no one knows it’s there?
And if just one star stopped shining
would anybody care?

Will you still think of me
when I’m weak and lame?
And will I be a river
who still knows my name?

Rusty Allen on February 11, 2013 at 1:43 AM

Bmore on February 11, 2013 at 1:39 AM

Got yourself a little Morphine addiction do ya Bmore?

SWalker on February 11, 2013 at 1:43 AM

Goodnight, Bmore. Sweetest dreams. Hugs & kisses to you and your better half!

Morphine (from Bmore)

4Grace on February 11, 2013 at 1:44 AM

Have no idea what CA is or Doc Martin, LOL

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 1:38 AM

Where is you at? lol. My wife is watching Downton Abbey now in California. Doc Martin is another English series we started watching on Netflix. Downton Abbey is just not as intriguing as House Hunters Pakistan.

arnold ziffel on February 11, 2013 at 1:44 AM

Thank you.

Bmore on February 11, 2013 at 1:45 AM

SWalker on February 11, 2013 at 1:43 AM

Uh oh, a double dose of Morphine!

4Grace on February 11, 2013 at 1:46 AM

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 1:31 AM

arnold ziffel on February 11, 2013 at 1:34 AM

Actually, I thot you were joking and that’s why it struck me as funny:-)

Yes, I have good memories and many stories to tell. A very varied background and experiences. I could write a book also:-)Many would not believe it, but it would be true. More Blessings and Grace than one deserves.

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Rusty Allen on February 11, 2013 at 1:43 AM

I think you like this Rusty.

arnold ziffel on February 11, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Thank you.

Bmore on February 11, 2013 at 1:45 AM

4Grace on February 11, 2013 at 1:48 AM

arnold ziffel on February 11, 2013 at 1:34 AM

what? they pay you in fish Tacos?

SWalker on February 11, 2013 at 1:39 AM

That’s another LOL, really!!

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 1:49 AM

arnold ziffel on February 11, 2013 at 1:47 AM

That’s cool.

Rusty Allen on February 11, 2013 at 1:49 AM

arnold ziffel on February 11, 2013 at 1:47 AM

Sorry for butting in, but that was bee-yoo-tee-ful. :)

4Grace on February 11, 2013 at 1:51 AM

Very very good. Bet you have some good memories and stories.

arnold ziffel on February 11, 2013 at 1:26 AM

Now I’m curious; why would you say that?

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 1:31 AM

I meant that part.

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 1:53 AM

OK folks, it’s time for the old washed up rock star geezer to turn into a pumpkin again… Ya’ll be good to each other… ;)

SWalker on February 11, 2013 at 1:55 AM

SWalker on February 11, 2013 at 1:55 AM

Goodnight, SW. Glad you’re on the mend!

4Grace on February 11, 2013 at 1:56 AM

4Grace on February 11, 2013 at 1:34 AM

SWalker on February 11, 2013 at 1:41 AM

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 1:57 AM

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 1:47 AM

That is why I love HA. The smart ass trolls try to antagonize and often succeed but they have no clue as to how lame they are in every way to most of the rational posters here. The life experiences, accomplishments and humor are way over their heads. I enjoy your posts very much.

arnold ziffel on February 11, 2013 at 1:57 AM

Rusty Allen on February 11, 2013 at 1:43 AM

That is fine!! I’ll ask you the same as I asked Scrumpy, why aren’t you published?

You both are so talented, share it!!

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 2:00 AM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on February 11, 2013 at 2:00 AM

But a senior Republican operative said the party has …unresolved impediments… “suicide conservatives, who would rather lose elections than win seats with moderates,”

If conservativism -the constitution, family values, small government, strong defense, is the GOP’s stated enemy,(suicide?) then the enemy of America is the GOP.
We have watched in astonishment as the elitist GOP has deliberately refused to support the good while eagerly capitulating–under the thin disguise of ineptness and incompetence–ands now we see their rotted souls for what they truly are, then I see its historic end. No one really wants to make the incomfortable choice to leave it. to dump it, to bury it, but then, few wanted to die in our revolution either, but we are now at a crossroads in our battle to stay free and it is time to recognize that they are the ruling class and they are more than comfortable with the socialist control over us mentality and their own lucrative lifestyles. Moderate is not suicide prevention it is euthanasia by slow poison-but it is guaranteed suicide
It is exactly how we got where we are, selling one irretreivable principle at a time..

Don L on February 11, 2013 at 2:01 AM

Sorry for butting in, but that was bee-yoo-tee-ful. :)

4Grace on February 11, 2013 at 1:51 AM

I think that song is just outstanding. Be here tomorrow and I’ll find one for my little kick boxing or Karate girl Gracie–I keep forgetting which kind of ass whipping you do. :)

arnold ziffel on February 11, 2013 at 2:02 AM

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 1:57 AM

Screw ‘em! I have had it up to here with all of the “It’s not appropriate/It smacks of racism/It is not helpful…” crapola from the Left/MSM. Particularly when it concerns a person of color. God forbid an African-American, Hispanic, Asian, or any color of woman speak anything other than the Dem party line. When they do, then they are treated to lovely compliments, such as Oreo, Coconut…

Sorry, bluefox. It just hit a nerve. My very last nerve. Lolz

4Grace on February 11, 2013 at 2:05 AM

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 1:38 AM

arnold ziffel on February 11, 2013 at 1:44 AM

LOL

Actually, I don’t watch a lot of TV other than select programs.
Now my bro-in-law can talk TV all night long.

I have a lot of varied interests and try to stay balanced. I’ll have to check out Doc Martin tho.

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 2:07 AM

There actually is a third option: Let the Republican Party implode and set something else up in the wings to take over when it does. (cf. Whigs ca. 1852)

gryphon202 on February 10, 2013 at 8:18 PM
</blockquotWithout serious opposition now, their will never again be other than one party–The Party and America won't be as pretty as Orwell painted it–with these Godless cold-hearted, "culture of death" folks in charge.

Don L on February 11, 2013 at 2:08 AM

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 1:57 AM

Sorry, bluefox. It just hit a nerve. My very last nerve. Lolz

4Grace on February 11, 2013 at 2:05 AM

Oh, I’m right there with you!! These bigots cause me to put my boxing gloves on!!!

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 2:10 AM

arnold ziffel on February 11, 2013 at 2:02 AM

Thank you, arnold! If I’m here tomorrow, it will be late, due to work. But, I will either be here or catch it the next morning.

Lol, if the name of my karate style is hard to remember, just know that I do whatever kind of ass whipping it takes to save my life and the lives of my loved ones. ;)

4Grace on February 11, 2013 at 2:10 AM

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 1:04 AM

Axe is a very serious fellow…

Writes beautifully!

Reads some serious poetry…

If you haven’t done so, click on his name next time and check out his “stuff’!!

Scrumpy on February 11, 2013 at 1:09 AM

…like I’ve said numerous times before…(when you have no talent…you appreciate those that do have various talents!)…you look past the *clink*…and the “chit chat”…and “tunes” that seem to give others fecal phobias…and I am in awe and appreciate the majority of people on this blog!
…what always bugs the pi$$ out of me…is that these same people will engage the twits from the “other side” who come here for a purpose…and ‘they’ feel like they have to “educate” them…instead of TROLLCOTING them…letting them… fluke up the site!
Gawd it bugs me!…you ignore them completely and they go away!…then the talent those same folks emulate…really DOES make a difference…because there are THOUSANDS of lurkers…and it makes a difference!…all of a sudden…lurkers…become active and that’s what we need here!
If this is the number one conservative blog in the country…people will eventually be looking for some answers, when things aren’t going as the Pulitburo states it is..their paycheck keeps getting smaller…families are always strugling..and it has been… for years!….and if we are fluking with these trolls…we are going to lose the battle… Just keep forementing what conservatives belive…and fluke the trolls!

KOOLAID2 on February 11, 2013 at 2:10 AM

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 2:00 AM

I have only wrote 4 poems. Just got started.

Rusty Allen on February 11, 2013 at 2:10 AM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on February 11, 2013 at 2:00 AM

Greetings and salutations, Dire dude! :)

4Grace on February 11, 2013 at 2:11 AM

Good evening..:)

Dire Straits on February 11, 2013 at 2:00 AM

…N O R M…!!!

KOOLAID2 on February 11, 2013 at 2:13 AM

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 1:57 AM

Sorry, bluefox. It just hit a nerve. My very last nerve. Lolz

4Grace on February 11, 2013 at 2:05 AM

Schakowsky is one nasty piece of work. She lit me up too. Dr. Carson actually has achieved while Barry deceived.

Gracie, you like this?
Good night, see you all tomorrow.

arnold ziffel on February 11, 2013 at 2:13 AM

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 2:10 AM

Haha, lace ‘em up! We’re going to need them.

4Grace on February 11, 2013 at 2:15 AM

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 1:47 AM

arnold ziffel on February 11, 2013 at 1:57 AM

You’re right about the trolls, just a left wing talking point.
A valid difference of opinion that can be discussed rationally using reason and persuasion is educational.

I’ve found that I can teach what I know, not what I don’t know. However, I love to learn from those that know more than I do.

Nice to say you enjoy my posts. I don’t comment that much. Well, one of my family members say I live on the computer, so I better check myself:-)

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 2:17 AM

KOOLAID2 on February 11, 2013 at 2:10 AM

Nicely stated. :)

4Grace on February 11, 2013 at 2:18 AM

Don L on February 11, 2013 at 2:08 AM

I take it you mean we’ll become the Conscience Conservatives and get rid of the Cotton Conservatives.

We can do that!!! We got a great start in 2010 & 2012 and we just need to add to that.

Did you see that Bozell took out a 1mil ad against McConnell in KY?

Love it!!

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 2:22 AM

Gracie, you like this?
Good night, see you all tomorrow.

arnold ziffel on February 11, 2013 at 2:13 AM

Yes, it is lovely! Thanks, arnold. You really need to spin more tunes. You always have great ones to share.

Goodnight, arnold.

4Grace on February 11, 2013 at 2:22 AM

KOOLAID2 on February 11, 2013 at 2:10 AM

Excellent!! Great points and like RWM you don’t stutter!!

The only purpose of a troll is to hi-jack the thread and have everyone talking to/about them. And for the same exact reasons you have expressed. No one wants to read what the trolls have to say.

Great points!!

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 2:28 AM

I’m out, too.

Goodnight to all & have a blessed Monday!

4Grace on February 11, 2013 at 2:28 AM

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 2:00 AM

I have only wrote 4 poems. Just got started.

Rusty Allen on February 11, 2013 at 2:10 AM

WOW, only 4? That’s amazing. I certainly would continue if I were you and see where it takes you.

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 2:29 AM

Nice to say you enjoy my posts. I don’t comment that much….

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 2:17 AM

…you keep coming girl!…(I do too!)

KOOLAID2 on February 11, 2013 at 2:31 AM

I’m out, too.

Goodnight to all & have a blessed Monday!

4Grace on February 11, 2013 at 2:28 AM

…luv u baby!…sleep tight!

KOOLAID2 on February 11, 2013 at 2:32 AM

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 2:10 AM

Haha, lace ‘em up! We’re going to need them.

4Grace on February 11, 2013 at 2:15 AM

Do we need some steel toed boots too? Hard hats?

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 2:32 AM

…you keep coming girl!…(I do too!)

KOOLAID2 on February 11, 2013 at 2:31 AM

Thanks Mr. Kool. Going downstairs before hitting the sack:-)

A pleasant night to everyone!

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 2:36 AM

Sorry been having some technical issues..Trying to work thru them..:)

Dire Straits on February 11, 2013 at 2:42 AM

KOOLAID2 on February 11, 2013 at 2:10 AM

HotAir isn’t a country club, it’s a place to discuss ideas. In the old days before some of you newbies showed up we used to have spirited debates with each other as well as liberal trolls who we were occasionally able to coax into discussing issues with some degree of seriousness. You should give it a try sometime. Next time you see a liberal troll here, try to draw them out and actually discuss an issue. Ask some open ended questions first and try to get them to define their thoughts, and then you can critique their ideas and draw them out more as they try to defend. There’s nothing wrong with encouraging a liberal to make a fool out of themselves, and it sometimes spawned many excellent posts by regulars here that others found very enlightening. It was partly as a result of some of these debates with lefties that you want to trollcot that Dr. Zero became so popular here and moved on to bigger things. Do you remember Dr. Zero or was that before your time?

FloatingRock on February 11, 2013 at 2:48 AM

Good morning B9.

Have fun with KJ and cmsinaz. Ive been too busy to blob.

SparkPlug on February 11, 2013 at 2:56 AM

Sorry been having some technical issues..Trying to work thru them..:)

Dire Straits on February 11, 2013 at 2:42 AM

I’ve had them all evening. I don’t know what HA is doing to the threads, but they are a mess. They aren’t refreshing automatically and even when I open a new window, the comments are not current.

What kind of technical issues are you having?

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 3:02 AM

FloatingRock on February 11, 2013 at 2:48 AM

The purpose of a troll is to post talking points, hi-jack the thread and get everyone to talk to them or about them. Any troll here already know by reading the intelligent comments aren’t interested in any further discussion. It’ a waste of time.

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 3:06 AM

Rand Paul is a chip off the old Paleocon Block

I’m sure Rand Paul’s ears were burning all day. Wonder what he thinks about those comments. A pretty strong rebuke.

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 3:10 AM

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 3:02 AM

I’m seeing some of the same issues you are..I’m starting to make up some ground..:)

Dire Straits on February 11, 2013 at 3:21 AM

Dire Straits on February 11, 2013 at 3:21 AM

I at first thot it was my PC, but don’t think so. You’re not having any malware issues are you? Unless you’ve updated Flash since 2/7, be careful of clicking on any Flash ads. There are zero day warnings out involving Flash ads and email malicious code.

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 3:33 AM

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 3:33 AM

That was my first thought (My PC)..But I not sure of the source..I’m getting there..:)

PS..I will keep you posted..:)

Dire Straits on February 11, 2013 at 3:40 AM

PS..I will keep you posted..:)

Dire Straits on February 11, 2013 at 3:40 AM

ok, I’ll be up for a little bit yet.

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 3:42 AM

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 3:42 AM

I will let you know if I find out..:)

Dire Straits on February 11, 2013 at 3:54 AM

I will let you know if I find out..:)

Dire Straits on February 11, 2013 at 3:54 AM

Ok, post here what you find out. I’d be interested as I don’t think I nor you are the only ones experiencing issues. I’ll check in the morning; later in the morning that is:-)

Hope you find out what the issue is.

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 4:02 AM

bluefox on February 11, 2013 at 4:02 AM

Will do..:)

Dire Straits on February 11, 2013 at 4:12 AM

The attacks on Karl Rove are a bit over the top.

I am sure you people agree with him more than you disagree.

bluegill on February 11, 2013 at 5:24 AM

Just woke up to her Fox saying that Pope Benedict will be resigning at the end of the month. Can’t find any more info online yet.

steebo77 on February 11, 2013 at 5:50 AM

Heres some info from last nights Tornadoes!

Video: Tornado in Hattiesburg, Mississippi – YouTube user Rynal Grant