Dorner morphing into an anti-hero?

posted at 2:01 pm on February 10, 2013 by Jazz Shaw

I have, at times, been accused of being somewhat naive when it comes to modern culture, both by family members and readers alike. Perhaps you’re all on to something there, because I certainly never saw this coming. As the search continues for alleged cop killer Christopher Dorner, there is an emerging theme – at least on the West Coast – that perhaps Dorner is some sort of Robin Hood, standing up for the little guy and taking it to the corrupt LA police force.

Support Growing For Former L.A. Officer Accused Of Killing Spree

Dorner lost his job with the Los Angeles Police Department in 2008. His manifesto vows revenge for that; and, surprisingly, thousands of people actually support him.

It’s hard to believe but there are those out there who sympathize with the man targeting police officers.

One Facebook page is proclaiming Dorner for president. “We propose electing a man who could no longer sit idly by and watch as malicious tyrants abuse the innocent.”

The description on “We Are All Chris Dorner” chillingly says, “Yes, this is war.”

I can’t even conceive of this, but apparently these cheerleaders of mayhem have their reasons. When the local news station put out the question as to why anyone would support this crime spree, one respondent answered, “Because something needs to be done about the long known corruption of not only the LAPD, but several agencies.

To add insult to injury, even as thousands of law enforcement officers are searching for him, the police department is reopening an investigation into the circumstances of his firing. If this is being done as some sort of tactical ploy to draw him out of hiding and into “negotiations” so he can be taken into custody, then I suppose that’s fine. But if the administration at the police department is seriously responding to the murder and attempted murder of several of their officers by saying, “oh, wait… let’s see if maybe he’s got a point” … then the world has truly turned on its ear. Even if that were the case, the time to examine the question is not while Dorner is actively hunting cops and it only adds to this Robin Hood persona building around him.

I understand that there are people out there with grievances against the LAPD, both in the community and among their own ranks. How much of the public perception – frequently fostered by the media, as in the Rodney King case – is real and how much of it is misdirected, manufactured outrage is up for debate. And perhaps Dorner had some sort of legitimate complaint about the circumstances surrounding his termination from work. But for anyone to lionize this maniac’s actions as some form of perverted justice speaks volumes about our society, and it’s not a pretty picture being painted.

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 5

I’m actually more afraid of the police right now than I am of Dorner considering that they will apparently open fire without warning on any pickup truck they find the slightest bit suspicious.

Mark1971 on February 10, 2013 at 2:04 PM

He’s a regular Mighty Morphen Power Ranger.

RickB on February 10, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Heh.

Jaibones on February 10, 2013 at 2:06 PM

Trust in government, Congress, the police, or any government is at an all time low.

I don’t agree with it, but many people see it as a case of Alien VS Predator.

sharrukin on February 10, 2013 at 2:07 PM

The police have done a good job of turning the public against them. I think most of us already know about the 2 women in a truck delivering newspapers who got shot.

That morning they also attacked another man in truck.

David Perdue was on his way to sneak in some surfing before work Thursday morning when police flagged him down. They asked who he was and where he was headed, then sent him on his way.

Seconds later, Perdue’s attorney said, a Torrance police cruiser slammed into his pickup and officers opened fire; none of the bullets struck Perdue.

His pickup, police later explained, matched the description of the one belonging to Christopher Jordan Dorner — the ex-cop who has evaded authorities after allegedly killing three and wounding two more. But the pickups were different makes and colors. And Perdue looks nothing like Dorner: He’s several inches shorter and about a hundred pounds lighter. And Perdue is white; Dorner is black.

El_Terrible on February 10, 2013 at 2:08 PM

So did Osama bin Laden. It doesn’t mean those reasons are particularly worth anything.

Given that we have a government which is determined to undermine the welfare of its own citizens through mass amnesty, does it really shock you that insanity is possible at the local level too?

Stoic Patriot on February 10, 2013 at 2:08 PM

So the cops attacked TWICE without asking questions or identifying who they were attacking.

El_Terrible on February 10, 2013 at 2:08 PM

El_Terrible on February 10, 2013 at 2:08 PM

Unbelievable. But not really.

I live in LA. I’ve generally found LAPD to be arrogant pri*ks.

rrpjr on February 10, 2013 at 2:11 PM

It’s really sad reading the comments over at the LA Times and on some of the black blogs — there’s a large minority who’ve soaked up Mr. Dornan’s “manifesto” hook line and sinker — and are cheering on this guy who kills people not associated with his long list of grievances in order to get revenge on those who are. I’d say that regardless of the truth or falsehood of his grievances (and I’m tending toward falsehood at this point, given how he’s acted toward innocent people), he should not be winning friends and influencing enemies given what he’s doing.

Here’s my response to one of them who claims to be a new Catholic:

What part of “blood libel” do you not understand? Sr. Mary Kathleen has been sorely represented by you with regard to application of what you have learned in her class. But then, you seem to be Dorman’s brother in this regard — that every slight by anyone, no matter how warranted, becomes owned by everyone.

I’ve already read his “manifesto”. A bunch of tripe starting with a kid who called him the “N” word and going on from there. A manifesto nowadays is something lefties write when they are about to murder a bunch of people because they need to clear everything stuck in their craws since childhood.

I especially love the little brother-fest between him, Anderson Cooper, Diane Feinstein, Barack Obama — and the seque into “The reason you ought to ban assault weapons is because I’m using them to kill innocent people” type of thinking. But the latest picture of him from the Irvine Police shows a revolver stuck in his pocket. Go figure.

He needs help and you need help especially since he’s become your proxy.

unclesmrgol on February 10, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Dorner lost any sympathy of mine when he murdered that girl and her fiance. Dude, seriously? She had zero to do with your firing. Having said that, I’m very concerned about the two incidents so far where innocents have been fired upon by police, obviously without visual confirmation of the target. I mean what the HELL, this is Police State run amuck. And yeah, I wonder what LAPD has to hide, now that they’re doing their best (obviously not very good–stupid AND incompetent) to kill him before he can face trial.

quikstrike98 on February 10, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Hear Us, oh S.M.O.D!
We Are Ripe For Your Visit.

aquaviva on February 10, 2013 at 2:15 PM

Latest in a long string of fashionable Hug-A-Thug campaigns by Leftist degenerates.

Fry Mumia

Terp Mole on February 10, 2013 at 2:15 PM

There is a quote in ‘South Park’ which describes why Dorner has follwers:

“Because in today’s time, black people are somehow incapable of doing something wrong.”

sentinelrules on February 10, 2013 at 2:16 PM

This is OJ all over again…

AUINSC on February 10, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Stoic Patriot on February 10, 2013 at 2:08 PM

What does “mass amnesty” have to do with cheering on Dornan?

I’m for mass amnesty, and I don’t run around shooting people because I hold a grudge against a third party — or even because I hold a grudge against them. And I don’t condone those who do such things.

unclesmrgol on February 10, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Call in the drones!

Mycroft on February 10, 2013 at 2:19 PM

What does “mass amnesty” have to do with cheering on Dornan?

unclesmrgol on February 10, 2013 at 2:17 PM

It has to do with screwing your own people in favor of those who have no moral qualms.

Stoic Patriot on February 10, 2013 at 2:19 PM

The Cop Killer Lovers On The Left Send A Big, Wet, Sloppy Bar Rafaeli To Cop Killer

I’ve added some new stuff from Puff Host and Twitter.

Very disturbing.

Resist We Much on February 10, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Left on left violence.

22044 on February 10, 2013 at 2:23 PM

unclesmrgol on February 10, 2013 at 2:17 PM

Better get with the program, unclesmrgol, your ticket won’t be punched and your chocolate ration will not be increased.

claudius on February 10, 2013 at 2:23 PM

Support Growing For Former L.A. Officer Accused Of Killing Spree

But allah doesn’t blame the left … whose policies and ideas bring nutcases like this to positions they should never be in and are actively supporting this lunatic while he’s still on the loose. I think the left would be offended that allah doesn’t think they are involved in this in any way.

ThePrimordialOrderedPair on February 10, 2013 at 2:23 PM

The thing is, he’s not going after the cops per se. His first victims were the daughter of the man who defended him at hearing, and her fiance. We all also know that if this liberal maniac praised Rush instead of Piers Morgan, the left would be screaming about guns and the ‘evils’ of right-wing extremism. And if we were to support such a person, HuffPo would have a field day slandering us.

The only ones who could view Dorner as a hero are the OWS crowd–a bunch of rich anarchists.

Dorner is a leftist lunatic. The libs own him now and forever, and some of their kind supporting him says everything anyone needs to know.

Liam on February 10, 2013 at 2:24 PM

I blame obama.

Blake on February 10, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Look, clearly the guy needs to be arrested for his crimes, but the reason that people are starting to “support” him is the RIDICULOUS corruption of the police in LA. I mean this psycho writes a manifesto about how corrupt the police are and how they shoot first and ask questions later, and what does the LA police do in response? They shoot at THREE DIFFERENT innocent civilians who do not even REMOTELY meet the description of Dorner who were driving vehicles not even REMOTELY like Dorner’s. If Dorner hadn’t killed that woman and her fiance, there would be widespread support for him right now, far more than exists currently. The public also knows that these GARBAGE police officers who shot at innocent civilians hitting two of them are not going to fired, but rather put on paid leave until the investigation finds nothing wrong. The public has had enough of police protecting their own.

thphilli on February 10, 2013 at 2:27 PM

In an ideal world, the LAPD would take the fact that Dorner has some sympathy from some quarters is that maybe their own thuggish behavior makes the public less than sympathetic to them.

It’s been said that the police are America’s largest armed criminal gang.

Maybe if cops saw themselves as servants of the law instead of regarding their own lawbreaking as a perk of the job, Dorner would have fewer fans.

How long will it be before the LAPD, in its zeal to execute Dorner for what they consider the ultimate betrayal, a cop turned cop killer, ends up shooting more people than Dorner did?

rokemronnie on February 10, 2013 at 2:27 PM

Liberals will be the ones responsible for the total collapse of civil society.

jawkneemusic on February 10, 2013 at 2:28 PM

You want to know how to bring some people back who are currently quietly supporting Dorner? Charge the police officers who shot at those innocent civilians while searching for Dorner with attempted murder. That is what SHOULD happen in a lawful society. They didn’t identify who was in the vehicle and the vehicle wasn’t even remotely close to the one they knew Dorner had. The cops should be arrested immediately and put on trail.

thphilli on February 10, 2013 at 2:30 PM

LAPD Guide to Vehicle Identification

El_Terrible on February 10, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Just because law enforcement in Southern California has some officers who should be given fewer bullets than Barney Fife doesn’t take away from the fact that Dorner murdered a Cal State Fullerton assistant college basketball coach and her fiance in cold blood, simply because her father was the person Dorner thinks wronged him.

People supporting Dorner — especially liberals — should remember that by that logic, if someone is really, really mad at Barack Obama because of, say, drone strikes in Afghanistan, than means that Sasha and Malia would be fair game. You really have to be a more cretin to say because you don’t like or trust the police, anything Dorner does is now justified, and he should be looked on as some sort of hero.

jon1979 on February 10, 2013 at 2:30 PM

“Dorner”, not “Dornan” — sorry.

quikstrike98 on February 10, 2013 at 2:14 PM

Not just the LAPD. Don’t forget that the first officer to die was in Riverside — just idling at a stop light. Never knew what hit him.

If I were ANY police officer around where Dorner was, I’d be a wee bit trigger happy at this point too. He’s shown no ability to discern the innocent from the guilty — if there is anyone guilty other than himself….

unclesmrgol on February 10, 2013 at 2:31 PM

jon1979 on February 10, 2013 at 2:30 PM

I don’t think anyone is claiming that those killing were justified. I think that some people are so frustrated with the ridiculous corruption of the police department that they are willing, somehow, to overlook those murders because someone in their view is finally fighting back.

thphilli on February 10, 2013 at 2:32 PM

The police have done a good job of turning the public against them.

El_Terrible on February 10, 2013 at 2:08 PM

The police immediately went into us vs them mode and now the public perceives they have more to fear from the LAPD than from Dorner.

Wendya on February 10, 2013 at 2:34 PM

As offensive and pathetic as this is, gun rights advocates should learn from these morons and use it to their advantage: the second amendment protects us from corrupt cops. Replace government with cops and these people will suddenly get it.

Daemonocracy on February 10, 2013 at 2:34 PM

I don’t think the core problem is the LAPD. I think the core problem is that the LAPD polices the LAPD.

And that problem is not unique to the LAPD.

Dusty on February 10, 2013 at 2:38 PM

There is one way to look at the police reaction, or overreaction, to Christopher Dorner.

These are the people the government thinks will disarm the public.

Look at how the reacted to one guy threatening them.

Do you think they could go after everyone with a gun and pull it off?

Dack Thrombosis on February 10, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Replace government with cops and these people will suddenly get it.

Daemonocracy on February 10, 2013 at 2:34 PM

I find it fascinating that the Left doesn’t realise that the police ARE the government.

Why would they expect, HHS or DHS, for example, to be any less corrupt that the police department?

Resist We Much on February 10, 2013 at 2:38 PM

thphilli on February 10, 2013 at 2:30 PM

HA HAH HAH. What would work is finding them guilty.

astonerii on February 10, 2013 at 2:39 PM

claudius on February 10, 2013 at 2:23 PM

I punch my own ticket and buy my own chocolate. Today’s chocolate: last year’s frozen Girl Scout Mint Thins as I make room (in the freezer) for the ones I purchased this year.

I’d expect anyone in this country not forced into an underground economy by unjust laws to punch their own tickets too.

unclesmrgol on February 10, 2013 at 2:39 PM

I have family members and friends out there looking for this a-hole right now and we are all terrified one of them might not come home. He is evil.
I hope they find him and light his a$$ up.

RadioAngel on February 10, 2013 at 2:39 PM

Stoic Patriot on February 10, 2013 at 2:19 PM

Well, the first question is — who are my own people? Are they the guys who hire the gardeners but want them to leave the country? Are they the guys who go to Home Depot any time they need cheap labor and then talk to me — the next door neighbor who sees these things — about how these guys are taking over our country?

Or are they people like me (such as Abraham Lincoln) who think that everyone who wants to come here and enjoy the American Dream should be allowed to do so?

As Lincoln said, the hypocrisy is indeed undiluted.

unclesmrgol on February 10, 2013 at 2:42 PM

If this dude was Polish 90% percent of his fans wouldn’t give a crap.

Hummer53 on February 10, 2013 at 2:42 PM

David Burge ‏@iowahawkblog

Flying to LA next weekend. Got a great deal from Hertz on a black Nissan Titan! #thingsarereallygonnastarthappeningformenow

davidk on February 10, 2013 at 2:43 PM

thphilli on February 10, 2013 at 2:32 PM

Then find a different ‘hero’. If I’m a big supporter of the widespread use of smaller, fuel efficient automobiles, I don’t champion Adolf Hitler because he pushed for the development of the Volkswagen.

Many of the people supporting Dorner aren’t really showing much more thought about this than LAPD deserves what’s coming to them, and if you have to have a little collateral damage here or there, so be it. If someone cared about Quan’s death, they wouldn’t be using this moment to make the police more of the issue than capturing Dorner — which doesn’t mean that incompetent policing bordering on criminality shouldn’t be dealt with, but you know if Dorner is captured alive, his trial is going to be OJ v2.0, with Monica Quan and Keith Lawrence in the Nicole and Ron roles, and hyperbolic defense lawyers just itching to become the next Johny Cochran.

jon1979 on February 10, 2013 at 2:43 PM

I live in LA and have never been afraid of the police. And yes, many of you are making excuses for a cold blooded murderer. I can’t print what I really think of you. Spit.

Blake on February 10, 2013 at 2:44 PM

RadioAngel on February 10, 2013 at 2:39 PM

I hope they bring him in alive. But him dead is better than anyone looking for him being so.

unclesmrgol on February 10, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Call in the drones!

Mycroft on February 10, 2013 at 2:19 PM

And they are here

Sung to the tune of “Send in the Clowns”

Michelle´s a b!7(# , aren´t we a pair?
Me here at last in DC,
Drones in the air.
Send in the drones.

Isn´t it bliss, Don´t you approve?
The one who keeps tearing it up;
Constitution no more.
Where are the drones? Send in the drones.

Just when I declared all of those wars
Finally taking away all that was yours.
Making my speeches again with my usual flair
Teleprompter my lines, ´cause nothing is here.

Don´t you love Farce? My rule you´ll fear
I thought you´d want what I want.
Not sorry, you fear, But where are the drones?
There must be more drones. Quick, send in more drones.

What a surprise, who could foresee?
I´ve come to hate you even more than you hate of me.
Why only now have you started to see, that all I say.
Is all lies, my life a cliche.

Michelle´s a b!7(# , but me you should fear.
Taking your freedom, the point of my career.
And where are the drones? Quick send in the drones.
Don´t bother, they´re there.

LegendHasIt on February 7, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Schadenfreude on February 10, 2013 at 2:44 PM

Well, the first question is — who are my own people?

unclesmrgol on February 10, 2013 at 2:42 PM

We are the world? If you think being an American is meaningless and that some guy who breaks across the border is just as much an American as those who live in the US then you have no people.

sharrukin on February 10, 2013 at 2:46 PM

I hope they find him and light his a$$ up.
RadioAngel on February 10, 2013 at 2:39 PM

So, I guess you support 0bama’s drone kill list policy too.

To hell with due process.

(Note: If he shoots back, then yeah, sure, “light his ass up”…
But the problem is, is the LAPD is proving their reputation for ‘Lighting asses up’ just for fun.

LegendHasIt on February 10, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Antihero? It’s only because he’s a libtard. If he was apolitical or if they could somehow pin a conservative badge on him, then he’d be satan incarnate.

Red Creek on February 10, 2013 at 2:46 PM

As Lincoln said, the hypocrisy is indeed undiluted.

unclesmrgol on February 10, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Your own people are innocent, law-abiding American citizens in this context. If they’re the guys who hire the gardeners and willfully ignore the fact that they’re law-breakers, they’re aiding and abetting and are no longer innocent. Likewise, the same logic would hold with the Home Depot situation.

This idea that the American government exists to serve the American people is a novel one, I know.

Stoic Patriot on February 10, 2013 at 2:47 PM

This homicidal maniac is out running free as a bird and Obama wants to take away the guns of law-abiding citizens and leave them defenseless.

Hopefully the LA-area cops have rescinded the shoot-first-ask-questions-later policy as to prevent the killing innocent citizens in pickup trucks. Amazing.

Philly on February 10, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Cops are no longer to be trusted.

Schadenfreude on February 10, 2013 at 2:48 PM

If this dude was Polish 90% percent of his fans wouldn’t give a crap.

Hummer53 on February 10, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Like this guy from Kansas City who is erecting an altar in his honor: http://subrealism.blogspot.com/

unclesmrgol on February 10, 2013 at 2:49 PM

The chief of the LAPD has reopened the firing case of Dorner yesterday. Why do you think?

Schadenfreude on February 10, 2013 at 2:49 PM

Here’s the link

Schadenfreude on February 10, 2013 at 2:50 PM

Stoic Patriot on February 10, 2013 at 2:47 PM

Of course, the question becomes — who are the American people? The guys who want to take citizenship away, or the guys who want to give it to anyone who wants it?

The answer is, of course, both. But one set is more American than the other.

unclesmrgol on February 10, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Monica Quan and Keith Lawrence were unavailable for comment.

F*** this murdering piece of feces and anyone who supports him.

Hayabusa on February 10, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Actually Legend, no I don’t support BO’s policy. But of you ask me if my reaction to Dorner is based on vengeance because my FAMILY is out there working with a target on their backs then my answer will be yes.

RadioAngel on February 10, 2013 at 2:54 PM

The answer is, of course, both. But one set is more American than the other.

unclesmrgol on February 10, 2013 at 2:52 PM

The American people are those people who are considered to be citizens of the United States — those who are natural born, and those who have gained citizenship following their legal immigration into the United States.

Presumably, that would include you among the American people, your traitorous sentiments notwithstanding.

Stoic Patriot on February 10, 2013 at 2:54 PM

Resist We Much on February 10, 2013 at 2:38 PM

Well these are also the same people who argue the second amendment is obsolete because the government has tanks and nukes. No wonder they supported unilateral nuclear disarmament during the Cold War.

Daemonocracy on February 10, 2013 at 2:55 PM

$1-million reward to be offered in Dorner manhunt

El_Terrible on February 10, 2013 at 2:55 PM

I’m with Blake. This is clearly Obama’s fault.

claudius on February 10, 2013 at 2:56 PM

Stoic Patriot on February 10, 2013 at 2:54 PM

I hadn’t realized that Abraham Lincoln was a traitor.

unclesmrgol on February 10, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Liam on February 10, 2013 at 2:24 PM

Remember this single fact. It cuts through all the blah-blah about being a “hero”.

Dorner shot and killed them in a parking garage at their condominium in Irvine. The girl was the daughter of a retired police captain who had represented Dorner in the disciplinary proceedings that led to his firing.

Who kills two innocent people?

itsspideyman on February 10, 2013 at 2:59 PM

Killing people is always a good way to “clear your name“.

Like washing windows with mud to get rid of windex streaks.

profitsbeard on February 10, 2013 at 3:00 PM

I hadn’t realized that Abraham Lincoln was a traitor.

unclesmrgol on February 10, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Most folks didn’t realize it about Obama, either. Nice letter from Lincoln, by the way. Let me know once he mentions something outside of slavery in that letter that actually pertains to illegal immigration.

Stoic Patriot on February 10, 2013 at 3:00 PM

I hope they find him and light his a$$ up.

RadioAngel on February 10, 2013 at 2:39 PM

I do hope that they bring him in alive, however. Going out in a blaze of glory is exactly what he wants, and would turn him into a martyr to these sick twists who are already celebrating him. There’s nothing glorious, on the other hand, about rotting in a prison cell for the rest of his life like a common scumbag. That would be a form of mental torture to a narcissist like him, and that’s just what he deserves.

Hayabusa on February 10, 2013 at 3:00 PM

I’m with Blake. This is clearly Obama’s fault.

claudius on February 10, 2013 at 2:56 PM

I won’t go that far just yet. But since Dorner loves Obama so much, then Obama should issue an appeal for him to surrender peaceably. Maybe even toss in, “Before the police act stupidly again,” or something.

But it seems all those on the left want to wash their hands of him because he’s one of their own.

Liam on February 10, 2013 at 3:00 PM

RadioAngel on February 10, 2013 at 2:54 PM

So, it is OK to slaughter someone if it is ‘personal’… But bad when when it is not. OK, gotcha.

LegendHasIt on February 10, 2013 at 3:00 PM

This Site is SOOOO ful of “Useful Idiots” – it Boggles The Mind!

So – THE LAST THING we need to do is to Lend ANY Credibility to the THOUGHT that Dorner is ANYTHING BUT and Liberal, Leftist, Cowardly Brutal MURDERER of Innocent People.

So, Naturally – THE LEFT is opposing this, since he’s THEIR Liberal, Leftist, Cowardly Brutal MURDERER of Innocent People and trying to turn him into a “hero“.

We should be EVISCERATING the very NOTION of this thought at EVERY TURN – BUT, What does Jazz do? HE ENCOURAGES AND CELEBRATES THIS THINKING WITH THIS HEADLINE:

“Dorner morphing into an anti-hero?”

Help me out here: Does ANYTHING in THAT headline CONDEMN Dorner?

Does ANYTHING in THAT headline underscore what a Murdering COWARD he is?

Does ANYTHING in THAT headline Promulgate and Celebrate the LEFTIST’S NARRATIVE that this Murdering Liberal Terrorist IS a hero?

Yes – EVERYTHING!

Good work, Jazz – you’re the BEST HELP at Promulgating Their LIE that the LEFTIST CABAL could HOPE FOR!

You’re a Useful IDIOT!!

williamg on February 10, 2013 at 3:00 PM

The answer is, of course, both. But one set is more American than the other.

unclesmrgol on February 10, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Why don’t you take it easy on yourself and go with the legal definition: Those who are born here, are naturalized citizens, or permanent legal residents.

There you go.

Oh, and a bunch of low skilled labor susceptible to socialist propaganda is not in America’s best interest.

Daemonocracy on February 10, 2013 at 3:01 PM

The answer is, of course, both. But one set is more American than the other.

unclesmrgol on February 10, 2013 at 2:52 PM

Why don’t you take it easy on yourself and go with the legal definition:

Daemonocracy on February 10, 2013 at 3:01 PM

Because he wants to be noble and generous in giving away citizenship to anyone who wants it, and the legal definition doesn’t give him the flexibility he wants.

sharrukin on February 10, 2013 at 3:06 PM

I’m okay with him popping a few more corrupt cops, personally.

Armin Tamzarian on February 10, 2013 at 3:07 PM

At Haya, you are spot on.
At Legend, its OK that we disagree. Most people who either have never worked in law enforcement (which I have, my dad did for 30 years and my mom still does) do not really understand how daily exposure to the dregs of society crystallizes an us vs them thought process. While at the same time you become nearly violently protective of your family and close friends. Sometimes it is contradictory and I completely get why you would comment on my post that way.

RadioAngel on February 10, 2013 at 3:07 PM

And these people ignore that he murdered a man and women in addition to the police officer he killed.

Rusty Allen on February 10, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Dummies

Schadenfreude on February 10, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Armin Tamzarian on February 10, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Don’t feed the trolls.

Philly on February 10, 2013 at 3:10 PM

the left embraces their loons, not run from them. The cover of the MSM.

pat on February 10, 2013 at 3:11 PM

The more I hear about this animal, the more I can’t help wishing he’d push his luck with an armed private citizen, and wishing at that point his luck runs out.

CurtZHP on February 10, 2013 at 3:16 PM

You’re a Useful IDIOT!!

williamg on February 10, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Dude. Think about switching to decaf, maybe?

Hayabusa on February 10, 2013 at 3:16 PM

jon1979 on February 10, 2013 at 2:30 PM

Right.

I’m sure there are scores of immoral worms , in the LA police dpt., who think they are above the law. Same in the Cali state house, lots of immoral worms who think they are ubermensch.

But, that has nothing to do with this Dorner psycho. And if you lionize this guy then you are a sick freak. End of story. those talking up this guy, like he is Robin hood, are weirdos, Manson family wanabees.

If a heard a “normal” person defending this guy then I’m like you Jazz…I wouldn’t know what to make of it.

BoxHead1 on February 10, 2013 at 3:18 PM

I hope they find him and light his a$$ up.

RadioAngel on February 10, 2013 at 2:39 PM

They’ve already tried to light his a$$ up twice. The only problem is that the incidents involved the wrong color trucks and the wrong people. Sure the cops are worried but the lack of professionalism shown so far doesn’t help. If anything they need to show more restraint before they open fire. So lighting his a$$ up should be off the table unless they are sure they have him and he opens fire.

Going out with a light his a$$ up attitude is going to get some innocents killed.

chemman on February 10, 2013 at 3:19 PM

David Burge ‏@iowahawkblog

I guess you can’t accuse them of profiling: in hunt for Dorner, LAPD open fire on Asian women, surfer dude http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-torrance-shooting-20130210,0,3955268.story

davidk on February 10, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Armin Tamzarian on February 10, 2013 at 3:07 PM

Die in a fire.

Hayabusa on February 10, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Jazz,

Your post was really good.

BoxHead1 on February 10, 2013 at 3:20 PM

That’s OK. The time’s a-comin when a critical mass of American citizens will be rising up against their own government. Thanks for softening the ground, libs.

Rational Thought on February 10, 2013 at 3:20 PM

This situation is kind of like Rambo (First Blood) meets Lethal Weapon II.

In First Blood, Rambo was the victim of bullying police and things escalated pretty quickly thanks to the unfair mistreatment of the main character. Despite what he was doing was wrong, we all supported Rambo as he eluded (and took on) numerous law enforcement agencies.

In LW2, the South African hitman went after members of the LAPD and we hated him for it. We cheered the two main characters who successfully took down the bad cop-killer in a dramatic fight at the end of the movie.

Dorner is both Rambo and the cop-killer; a person whom we cheer, yet also hate. Said another way, we love him for taking on the corrupt establishment while hating his tactics.

Opinions will vary, but I suspect the media will continue to portray him as a bad guy because of what he did while ignoring why he did it. I believe the public will care more about the “why” than the “what”.

Personally, I don’t support his ideology or what is doing, but I applaud him for taking such a strong stand against corruption. I hope he doesn’t cause any more harm, but I also hope he eludes police long enough for the corruption to be fully exposed and corrected. That is unlikely to happen, in reality, but so long as he is on the run the corruption of the LAPD remains a top story which is just begging for justice.

sirmatthew on February 10, 2013 at 3:21 PM

If the criminal justice system had ever shown any interest in regulating police violence and abuses against American citizens of color it’s unlikely you’d be seeing pro-Chris Donner groups. It’s not about him, it’s about the LAPD and their legacy of unchecked violence against citizens.

libfreeordie on February 10, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Yeah, yeah Society’s going to H3ll in a hand basket….OR, in a Mass Age with MASS Communication you will find a certain percentage of the populace that is stupid….

I’d imagine 1/10 or 1% of America liked Bonnie & Clyde, but here were far fewer Americans then, and no Internet…so they didn’t crop up very much.

Now they do.

Bottom-Line: These Dorner Supporters are just “Ron Paul” supporters, loud, obnoxious and visible….but like Ron Paul supporters in actual numbers too small to worry about.

JFKY on February 10, 2013 at 3:22 PM

At Haya, you are spot on.

RadioAngel on February 10, 2013 at 3:07 PM

He is taking advantage of that by design pursuant to playing red team in FM 3-24 CoIn Ops.

I’ll bet money Barry is secretly rooting for the guy, and I’ll also bet money Barry doesn’t grasp the real lesson here.

LAPD is incapable of being an effective CoIn force because of the psychology that develops as a byproduct of their Law Enforcement mission profile.

Add in that I suspect LAPD wants to murder him to shut him up and there you have it.

LAPD will continue to act wildly instead of precisely and undermine their credibility with the public they ‘serve’.

harlekwin15 on February 10, 2013 at 3:24 PM

I suppose this clearly illustrates whether the government will turn and fire on private citizens during a perceived crisis.

trs on February 10, 2013 at 3:24 PM

If this dude was Polish 90% percent of his fans wouldn’t give a crap.

Hummer53 on February 10, 2013 at 2:42 PM

If he was Polish he wouldn’t be able to figure out the safety…

OliverB on February 10, 2013 at 3:26 PM

libfreeordie on February 10, 2013 at 3:22 PM

So, what is it “about” with the Left’s love of Mumia, another cop killer?

Resist We Much on February 10, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Hopefully no more innocent lives get lost before Dorner gets caught. I would also prefer that he is captured alive.

22044 on February 10, 2013 at 3:26 PM

David Burge ‏@iowahawkblog

davidk on February 10, 2013 at 3:20 PM

Now that there is funny!

Hahahahaha

Hayabusa on February 10, 2013 at 3:26 PM

If I had a fattish young brother, he would look like Dorner…”- Barack Trayvon Obama.

profitsbeard on February 10, 2013 at 3:27 PM

libfreeordie on February 10, 2013 at 3:22 PM

Be honest; if Dorner’s manifesto were a right-wing screed, would these same groups be backing him as a gritty anti-hero fighting against the corruption in the police force?

Good Solid B-Plus on February 10, 2013 at 3:28 PM

LibFreeorDie is a fellow traveler of Dorner.

You’ll notice LibFrito is arguing we must understand the roots of his grievances…

uh “yeah”

harlekwin15 on February 10, 2013 at 3:28 PM

libfreeordie on February 10, 2013 at 3:22 PM

If he was white, pro-gun, and anti-gay you’d be screaming the exact opposite. Pffft!

You used twenty tiny caskets for a soapbox on December 14th, and now you’re using two dead innocents to make Dorner a hero for his ‘justice-seeking’ murder spree.

You’re predictable as snow during a blizzard.

Liam on February 10, 2013 at 3:28 PM