Rand Paul to give tea-party group’s response to State of the Union after Rubio delivers GOP’s

posted at 5:08 pm on February 8, 2013 by Allahpundit

Not unusual but still significant. Paul’s delivered his own SOTU rebuttal each year since joining the Senate. The Tea Party Express has sponsored a SOTU rebuttal each year during the same period, with Michele Bachmann and Herman Cain having done the honors in 2011 and 2012, respectively. The news here isn’t that they’re hooking up, it’s that someone of Paul’s national prominence and ambition is upstaging another nationally prominent, ambitious colleague at a moment when the party’s trying to leave him alone in the spotlight.

This rivalry’s been brewing for awhile in various ways but I can’t recall a clearer expression of it than this.

Paul will make his remarks soon after Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Florida, wraps up the GOP response Tuesday night, a Paul spokeswoman confirms to CNN.

“We are giving a voice to the tea party movement when the mainstream media and the Republican establishment wants to write us off as dead,” said Amy Kremer, chairman of the Tea Party Express…

“We expect many of our supporters and many of Rand Paul’s supporters, freedom loving, liberty loving Americans to be there because this is our time to be heard,” Kremer said. “We are proud that Marco Rubio is giving the official Republican Party response because he is a tea party conservative and one of our own. But the Republican Party doesn’t necessarily speak for all conservatives and the tea party movement has its own voice and this is our chance to be heard.”

The temptation is to call Rubio the loser in this deal because he’s being upstaged. Is he, though? He’s been inching away from the tea-party label since literally the moment he became a senator. According to a CNN poll taken shortly after the election, the TP’s favorable rating is 32/50. Part of the reason he’s taken up immigration reform enthusiastically is because it lets him show centrists ahead of 2016 that he’s not the “hardline conservative” or whatever that he was sporadically billed as being circa 2010. Having Paul deliver the “official” tea-party SOTU response only underscores that. You can see both of their 2016 primary strategies shaping up here: Paul will run to the right while he tries to build credibility with centrists and Rubio will run a bit further to the center while he tries to maintain his credibility with the right. (Kremer’s approving mention of him in the excerpt suggests he’s doing okay with that — so far.) The real losers here are Paul Ryan and Jindal, who risk being marginalized if the party starts to get caught up in a Rubio/Paul rivalry.

Exit question: In what meaningful ways will Paul’s “tea party” address sharply differ from Rubio’s official GOP response?

Comments

Comment pages: 1 2 3 4

I stated my opinion. Ill just wait a year and see what people think of him then.

Rusty Allen on February 8, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Let me just state my opinion then, Rusty Allen is a syphiletic, drunken whore-monger suffering from delirium tremens.”

See how useful these opinions are…..when unsupported by anything close to evidence…How about this one, “Rand Paul will be universally proclaimed the GOP candidate for POTUS in 2016.”?

JFKY on February 8, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Nah, he’s not. Schadenfreude on February 8, 2013 at 5:13 PM

heh They need this more for the amnesty game than to rebut Obama.

I love this civil war. Let the weasels be exposed, to a tea.
Schadenfreude on February 8, 2013 at 5:27 PM

Let the best weasel win

And your real enemies are laughing… the communists are laughing… … and you people are acting as their useful idiots…mnjg on February 8, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Resistance is futile

There is a civil war. The election only brought it out as a lot of people stayed home rather than vote for another RINO. kim roy on February 8, 2013 at 5:47 PM

agree

Always whining and bitching and playing the VICTIM role as being picked upon by the evil Republican establishment…mnjg on February 8, 2013 at 5:51 PM

I am victim of McCain Feingold,McCain Grahamnesty, McCain Rubio Amnesty

Rubio is more conservative than Ronald Reagan ever was, and speaks just as well… eski502 on February 8, 2013 at 6:10 PM

Not true. I voted for Reagan happily. He had one message and one face. I remember when Reagan fired the air traffic controllers, permanently. When our guys took a hit, Libya took it in the jaw. Star Wars was in your face. Mr Gorbachev: ‘Tear Down that Wall’ . He never stepped on the border patrol, like Bush or called Minutemen ‘vigilantes’.

I should add that all the people accusing Rubio of amnesty are missing the point. We have 11 million people here. Deporting them all would offend all of our fiscally conservative sensibilities, and they can’t self deport as Romney hoped they magically would…eski502 on February 8, 2013 at 6:20 PM

It wouldn’t offend my fiscal conservative sensibilities. Crack down on employers. Make them liable for the expenses of illegals they hired, and fine them to the moon for each day they retain them, migrant farm workers aside. You wouldn’t have to deport. They would cease to be hired. The RINOS would have apoplexy if we cut out their illegal work force

Unknown. Either Rand is his own man, or he is an owned man, that is the only question. Rubio has nothing left to spin

entagor on February 8, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Forget about f***ing winning in 2016 if you want to turn every f***ing thing into a civil war among Republicans…

Allapundit… Your specialty is posting Obama is the invincible… and civil war among Republicans…

mnjg on February 8, 2013 at 5:21 PM

I don’t think Allahpundit has anything to do with this. Karl Rove is the one you need to be blaming. He’s the one that started this war. He and the rest of the RINOS.

What do you think the 2010 mid terms were about? LOL

bluefox on February 8, 2013 at 8:42 PM

I am not doing it a third time no matter how much drivel you peeps spew about electability. We have an “electable” speaker of the house who has a frickin majority and he is using his position to basically vote Democrat. What exactly is the frickin power you talk about if they are all going to vote against the Republican party anyways? I think it is people like you who are knuckleheads.

melle1228 on February 8, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Have you heard me talk about “Electable” yet… because I don’t.

But if your policy is, AFTER the GOP Primary process, to then vote for the Libertarian Party or Constitution Party candidate or even Hillary Clinton (Because you want things to get as bad as possible) then YOU are a knucklehead…I can’t help you, because you’ve decided that Perfect is better than Good Enough.

JFKY on February 8, 2013 at 8:43 PM

entagor on February 8, 2013 at 8:41 PM

This is exactly the right approach – in fact the ONLY approach. Try mass deportations and you will easily face race riots if not armed revolt, and that’s assuming Clowngress didn’t cave at the first whimpering wetback who got on TV.

But this is also why it’s so hard to do…the RINOs would have a fit if they had to suddenly pay American workers American wages.

MelonCollie on February 8, 2013 at 8:44 PM

Rusty Allen on February 8, 2013 at 8:37 PM

I don’t think all the sins of the father can be visited on the son, but it bears a watchful eye.

Cindy Munford on February 8, 2013 at 8:47 PM

mnjg on February 8, 2013 at 5:34 PM

Are you related to the ‘gill? You certainly sound like it except a different object.

bluefox on February 8, 2013 at 8:47 PM

Rand/West 2016

Schadenfreude on February 8, 2013 at 5:39 PM

WOW, wouldn’t that be a combo? By the way they both are going to be at CPAC.

bluefox on February 8, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Rove: You know, for a little more we can put you in something really nice. Sure it’s got a few miles on it, paint’s got a couple of little scratches, but…

S. D. on February 8, 2013 at 8:51 PM

Have you heard me talk about “Electable” yet… because I don’t.

JFKY on February 8, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Nope I probably won’t vote. I changed my affiliation last primary season, and stopped giving money in 2008. I will just concentrate on local and state issues where we have a Republican supermajority right now. I also have the pleasure of having Marsha Blackburn as my rep..

melle1228 on February 8, 2013 at 8:54 PM

Rand/West 2016

Schadenfreude on February 8, 2013 at 5:39 PM

I love West personally, but he has made some questionable votes. That being said, I think he is the type of confrontational candidate that we need.. This staying above the fray isn’t getting us anywhere.

I am really impressed with Rand. The only reservation I have is that he was raised by Ron..

melle1228 on February 8, 2013 at 8:55 PM

Rubio is certainly the loser here.With Rand getting the nod from the Tea Party Express there is an indication that not only is Rubio distancing himself from the Tea Party but that they are rebuking him.With his amnesty crap Rubio is losing the suport of the Tea Party and although they may not win it for a candidate they certainly could lose it for somebody they don’t like.Go ahead Marco, keep kissing Hispanic and RINO butt-even if you win the nomination, the people you need to win the general just won’t show up.Go talk to McClame and Mittens about that!

redware on February 8, 2013 at 8:57 PM

I see you ar one of “those” Republican/Conservatives…once someone else ahs done the hard work, YOU’LL be glad to participate…Wow, and I thought the story of Henny-Penny and the bread was just a kid’s tale….

JFKY on February 8, 2013 at 8:57 PM

JFKY on February 8, 2013 at 8:43 PM

I am getting flashbacks to the McCain nomination, or was it the Romney nomination.

I you’re gonna make sausage. be sure to kill the pig, before you take it to the grinder. Otherwise, it might not cooperate

Said the fishie to the hook
“I’d rather not,
Perhaps the Octopus would like my spot”

“I have swum this way before -
Would you please put down that oar?
As a salesman, your skills are not so hot”

entagor on February 8, 2013 at 9:01 PM

JFKY on February 8, 2013 at 8:57 PM

The answers won’t come from Washington, D.C. bro.

HondaV65 on February 8, 2013 at 9:02 PM

If the “establishment” doesn’t get behind Rubio, it might get behind Christie. Or similar. I think I’d prefer they get behind Rubio.

besser tot als rot on February 8, 2013 at 5:55 PM

If the GOP picks Rubio or Christie I’ll be voting 3rd party and don’t care which one they pick.

FloatingRock on February 8, 2013 at 6:00 PM

My crystal ball says Jeb Bush for President with Rubio as VP; UNLESS Rubio messes up.

bluefox on February 8, 2013 at 9:03 PM

JFKY on February 8, 2013 at 8:57 PM

How do you know what I “participated” on in my local level. And furthermore, politicians work for us. When they are ignoring their own constituients why the hell should I spend money or time? I think you have this whole political thing backwards.

melle1228 on February 8, 2013 at 9:04 PM

JFKY on February 8, 2013 at 8:43 PM

Because $17 TRILLION in debt (which was helped along by “good enough” Republicans for the last 50 years) … is good enough.

LMFAO

HondaV65 on February 8, 2013 at 9:04 PM

You mean the people that got ELECTED, more or less, by the GOP voters? Because NO ONE FORCED those two on anyone…they won the selection process.

So stop blaming the GOP-e or them or McCain…IF your candidate did not win in 2008 or 2012 it’s your CANDIDATE’S fault, not anyone else’s….

JFKY on February 8, 2013 at 9:04 PM

bluefox on February 8, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Oh God NO.. Please tell me Repubs are not stupid enough to put another Bush up..

melle1228 on February 8, 2013 at 9:05 PM

PM

bluefox on February 8, 2013 at 9:03 PM

You need to send your crystal ball back to the factory for warranty repair.

America has rejected the establishment GOP … you can keep smashing your head against that wall – but they’ve lost ALL cred with Americans and you’ll continue to lose – like you did in November.

You want to win? Kick the old guard out and restructure the party – distance it from the neoconservative past like it was a bad stink – which it is.

HondaV65 on February 8, 2013 at 9:06 PM

mnjg on February 8, 2013 at 5:21 PM

I agree with the first clause referring to Allahpundit, but the second implies that such does not exist. It is real, and has been real since the rise of the TEA Party in 2010. Repeatedly, the Institutional Republicans have worked to elect Democrats over TEA Party Republicans. Numerous examples in my home state alone. Boehner and McConnell have been working hard to suppress the TEA Party, and the first thing Boehner did when Congress came back after the last election was to purge Conservative/TEA Party members from all fiscal and appropriations committees. His second was to begin a serial surrender to Obama on all fronts, with he and his “leadership” voting against the majority of the Republican caucus and with the Democrats.

And somehow, the TEA Party/Conservative/Patriot Movement are the evil ones for noticing and protesting.

Unless there is a change of leadership in the Republican Party to people less …. collaborationist; it will not matter if the Republicans win the House and the Senate in 2014 [admittedly, that is in the realm of fantasy at this point, even discounting the known election fraud] because there is no indication that there would be any resistance to Obama at all in the absence of that change.

Rand Paul is “trying out” to be the face of the TEA Party/Conservative/Patriot Movement. There is no guarantee that he will end up as such. Nor any sign at this early point in the divorce process of who will. But I think it is fair to say that there is a large percentage of the Conservative Base who are tired of being stabbed in the back repeatedly by Boehner, McConnell, Rove, Cornyn, et. al.

Subotai Bahadur on February 8, 2013 at 9:07 PM

melle1228 on February 8, 2013 at 9:05 PM

Yes … the ARE that stupid.

I can hear it now …

“But he’s the MOST ELECTABLE!!”

LMFAO

HondaV65 on February 8, 2013 at 9:07 PM

LMFAO

HondaV65 on February 8, 2013 at 9:04 PM

Did you note vote FOR the man responsible for the largest increase in this debt? I think so, because you are some form of Leninist knucklehead…an immature imbecile who prates on about making things as bad as possible, not realizing that when things are as bad as possible it is JUST as likely that someone like Lenin, or Stalin, Or Hitler, or Juan Peron will come to power as a libertarian…in fact MORE LIKELY.

So I really don’t care about your juvenile opinions about the GOP. Technically you are a DEMOCRAT and ACTUALLY you are an ideological idiot.

JFKY on February 8, 2013 at 9:08 PM

Yes … the ARE that stupid.

I can hear it now …

“But he’s the MOST ELECTABLE!!”

LMFAO

HondaV65 on February 8, 2013 at 9:07 PM

And the funny thing is dumb Americans are still blaming the last Bush for the economy… So yeah, run another Bush- that should work.

melle1228 on February 8, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Can we hope that they will meet and confer and possibly work together on their responses?

Montjoie on February 8, 2013 at 9:11 PM

JFKY on February 8, 2013 at 9:08 PM

I voted for Obama to crash the system quicker (Willard would have crashed it only a bit slower and conservatives would have received the blame) – clearly – we won’t recover from this debt – hell, the GOP wouldn’t even admit during the campaign that it would cut Medicare and alleged that Obama was actually cutting it more.

Look at the debt you FOOL. Without a seriously determined effort – we’ll be bankrupt within 15 years and NONE of your Ayatollah’s in the GOP establishment have the balls to face that.

Answers aren’t in D.C. … they are in the localities. If you’re not in a red state – then get in one now or else you’re screwed.

You’ve been voting for “Good Enough”Republicans for your entire life – and what do you have to show for it? $17 Trillion in debt and a nation that is on the precipice of complete marxism.

Good Luck with “Good Enough” Republicans. I’m surprised you’re not EMBARRASSED just for coining that stupid name. “Good Enough” … hilarious.

HondaV65 on February 8, 2013 at 9:13 PM

melle1228 on February 8, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Exactly. Their brilliant idea is to run someone from the same clan of the man who 1. Was not all that conservative and 2. Is blamed for everything from Gore-Bull warming to crop failure by the drooling masses.

If they run him and JFKY defends Jeb like he’s schilling for every other sucktastic RINO, someone should make a website consisting of his more memorable quotes and a laugh track looping in the background.

MelonCollie on February 8, 2013 at 9:14 PM

bluefox on February 8, 2013 at 9:03 PM

You need to send your crystal ball back to the factory for warranty repair.

HondaV65 on February 8, 2013 at 9:06 PM

Honda, I’m not saying that is MY choice. Did I choose McCain? The Establishment Republicans will decide who they will select, just as they did McCain and Romney.

I was responding to some of the previous comments about who was going to run in 2016, etc.

I’m against every RINO & the rest of them. I’m a Conservative. If you remember, Palin was my choice, then Gov. Perry and then Gingrich.

bluefox on February 8, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Leave it to The Party of Stupid to bust itself apart w/o any help at all from the “media? Paul vs Rubio. What a mess!

mooseygoosey on February 8, 2013 at 9:16 PM

melle1228 on February 8, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Make no mistake – the economy collapsed in 2007 due to G.W. Bush and a Republican congress that was too timid to take on the Dimmocritic MINORITY over Freddie and Fannie Mae. Had the reforms been made – then the crash wouldn’t have happened. Freddie and Fanny were the root of the entire crisis.

Too scared to take on the Dims when they are in the majority – too scared to take on the Dims when they’re in the Minority. Well, at least nothing has changed there.

HondaV65 on February 8, 2013 at 9:16 PM

bluefox on February 8, 2013 at 9:03 PM

Can both candidates on a ticket be from the same state?

bw222 on February 8, 2013 at 9:16 PM

bluefox on February 8, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Sorry man … friendly fire. Won’t happen again.

HondaV65 on February 8, 2013 at 9:17 PM

LMFAO

HondaV65 on February 8, 2013 at 9:04 PM

See that’s the proof you are an idiot..when the “system crashes” you MORON, what will take it’s place is as likely to be some authoritarian corporatism as anything conservative…

But then mayhap you ARE a little Leninist, a little follower of Cloward-Piven..you don’t want to “save” the system, you want to be a little Kommissar or Gauleiter in the replacement system.

In any event, I’m done with someone who is either so EVIL or stupid….

JFKY on February 8, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Rubio was NOT a “Tea Party” candidate to begin with. He was a mainstream Florida Republican conservative, Speaker of the Florida House. He was certainly challenging Crist for the Senate nomination from the right, and conservatives flocked to him, along with Tea Party groups and individuals. But Rubio was an established political entity long before the Tea Party ever heard of him.

It is very disappointing, as one who supported and attended Tea Party grassroots events, to see so-called “Tea Party leaders” hijacking the movement. These people elected themselves, they are self-promoters and they are driving a stake in the Tea Party reputation by aligning the name with Rand Paul.

What next? Protesting veterans’ funerals with Westboro Baptist?

Adjoran on February 8, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Cindy Munford on February 8, 2013 at 8:47 PM

I agree. My preference would be, instead of having a tea-party response, we had a GOP response that represented the tea-party. If Rubio is a voice that represents us, why do we need a separate response. If rand Paul have the GOP response, would that be better? Does Rubio not represent the GOP.

An issue I see, is that we keep leaping towards these seeming rock stars, and they disappoint. Honestly, anyone who says their choice for president is anyone other than Palin, doesn’t have much of a case, because all of the others fail to hold their ground. Maybe, Rand will, maybe Chaffetz will. Just a few years ago Charlie Crist was a GOP kingmaker. Some people saw through him, most didn’t. And look at our dear friend Krispy Kreme Chris of New Jersey.

It’s an absolute fact that the Andrew Breitbarts of the cause, are the only hope.

Rusty Allen on February 8, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Can both candidates on a ticket be from the same state?

bw222 on February 8, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Yes – they can. Go to Snopes.com – they debunk the myth that the law requires them to be from separate states.

HondaV65 on February 8, 2013 at 9:19 PM

HondaV65 on February 8, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Oh I know.. GW was basically a Democrat fiscally. He used every chance to expand the federal government in areas that need cuts i.e, medicare and education. Obama has, however, doubled down the stupid, and people are not blaming him at all.

So rather than disassociate our party from GW, we are going to put his brother up.

melle1228 on February 8, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Montjoie on February 8, 2013 at 9:11 PM

Hope, or fear ….

Ron Paul worked overtime to help Romney win the primary. Then he retires.

If there is anything I will be looking for is some faint evidence they are not playing good cop/ bad cop together

entagor on February 8, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Rusty Allen on February 8, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Yeah but the problem is that’ll never happen – the GOP establishment is willing to LOSE elections in order to kill off the TP. There’s no way they are going to give them a voice in the response.

HondaV65 on February 8, 2013 at 9:21 PM

And they are driving a stake into the movement HOW? Are you saying Rand Paul=RON Paul….again your evidence.

JFKY on February 8, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Well thank you Captain Obvious! I’m sure that none of us here could possibly have thought of that if you hadn’t mentioned it. Oh wait, we KNOW the possibility of failure, and we KNOW there is no avoiding a crash.

Protip: randomly tacking together right-wing phraseology does not gain you fans or make you look smart.

In any event, I’m done with someone who is either so EVIL or stupid….

JFKY on February 8, 2013 at 9:18 PM

We’re all done with a smug smartass who thinks that voting for just one more RINO will fix things. Begone.

MelonCollie on February 8, 2013 at 9:23 PM

HondaV65 on February 8, 2013 at 9:21 PM

Exactly. Weak and small as the TP is compared to the bloated behemoth of the GOP, the latter is literally willing to cut their nose off to spite their face. They do NOT like us.

MelonCollie on February 8, 2013 at 9:24 PM

Montjoie on February 8, 2013 at 9:11 PM

No, I don’t think so. Allah has I believe tag lined them properly. Rivals. Though this label could easily become, Adversary, if not already. The party is being fought for. A serious issue for party sustainability I think. For too long the establishment side has taken for granted the Conservative and Libertarian sector of the party. This will be quite possibly the last fight for unifying a party which is currently in decay.

Bmore on February 8, 2013 at 9:28 PM

In any event, I’m done with someone who is either so EVIL or stupid….

JFKY on February 8, 2013 at 9:18 PM

MelonCollie on February 8, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Didn’t like the Gauleiter crack, striking too close to home….worried that some other little Storm Fronter might also be measuring his/her jackboots for the parade down Pa. Avenue?

JFKY on February 8, 2013 at 9:28 PM

A Tea Party, Party speech? -Stupid.

Great plan: divide the GOP

Opinionnation on February 8, 2013 at 7:00 PM

When is division good? Division is good when truth has been distinguished from error.

bluefox on February 8, 2013 at 9:29 PM

JFKY on February 8, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Someone should measure your mouth for the right size fist, smarmy f*cktard.

You’ve done almost nothing on this thread but break Godwin’s law because you’re too stupid to come up with an original argument and insult anyone who’s tired of voting for backstabbers and cowards.

MelonCollie on February 8, 2013 at 9:30 PM

redware on February 8, 2013 at 8:57 PM

That’s OK, Rubio will make up for all the lost votes of old-fashioned American citizens by importing tens of millions of new citizens and their extended families to dilute the voting pool and diminish the influence of real American citizens, and then although the GOP may be dead, Rubio and rubio alone, because of his race, presumably, will be positioned to be the only Republican, uniquely qualified, of leading the GOP out of their own self inflicted wilderness.

FloatingRock on February 8, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Subotai Bahadur on February 8, 2013 at 9:07 PM

Thank you. Great comments and that’s exactly what has happened. And now with Karl Rove et al, they are starting early trying to undermine Rep. King in Iowa. I heard more lies against King today.

bluefox on February 8, 2013 at 9:32 PM

Adjoran on February 8, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Thought you got banned?

Bmore on February 8, 2013 at 9:34 PM

After they amnesty millions of illegal aliens Jeb Bush, Rove and Rubio all think they’re going to be at the top of the heap again. If they don’t get their amnesty their political dynasty is over, I hope.

FloatingRock on February 8, 2013 at 9:34 PM

FloatingRock on February 8, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Preach it, brother.

It’s no wonder leftist bungholes label Michelle Malkin as “self-hating Latino” among other things.

MelonCollie on February 8, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Rubio is more conservative than Ronald Reagan ever was,..
eski502 on February 8, 2013 at 6:10 PM

How would you know? Rubio has been in politics for a few minutes and all of the sudden he represents conservatives? He still has some proving to do. His ethnic/racial pandering is not severely conservative.

BoxHead1 on February 8, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Thought you got banned?

Bmore on February 8, 2013 at 9:34 PM

6 & 1/2 pages of preschool-level rants won’t get someone banned.

Multiple violations of Godwin’s Law won’t get you banned.

At least one of the liberal trolls is known to have been previously banned and has not been re-banned.

MelonCollie on February 8, 2013 at 9:35 PM

MelonCollie on February 8, 2013 at 9:24 PM

I agree. However, that does not mean they will not attempt to quiet the unrest

Sadly, there is going to be no pleasure in this performance, because the chances of an honest brokering are very small

The way Congress is fast tracking, and feeding propaganda splits about the inevitability of amnesty, and public agreement on amnesty, and Congressional aggreement on amnesty means they are not honorable. They are pulling a fast one, so any speech, what value can it have? They have to keep the Tea Party subdued, while they try to lure the amnesty crowd. I expect lies, and more lies

entagor on February 8, 2013 at 9:35 PM

Someone should measure your mouth for the right size fist, smarmy f*cktard.

Says someone who doesn’t understand Goodwin’s Law, and who has talked about Hitler’s bad rap because he was a white man, and who believes the majority of welfare recipients are either blacks or other minorities…Who’s now making Internet tuff gai remarks and who is siding with a commenter who freely admits that his/her goal is to “crash the system”, for some juvenile dream of “Rebuilding America/The Fatherland/Furthering the Dialectic”…

I may be smarmy, but you and Honda just reveal yourselves to be about the worst kind of “citizens” this nation could have, ignorant, racist (in your case) fools who would rather participate in the destruction of the political system than it’s renaissance…

You two are nothing but barbarians screaming for blood and fire…hoping that the resulting tumult and chaos will catapult you and yours to some prominence.

JFKY on February 8, 2013 at 9:37 PM

bluefox on February 8, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Sorry man … friendly fire. Won’t happen again.

HondaV65 on February 8, 2013 at 9:17 PM

No problem since you’ve replied:-)

bluefox on February 8, 2013 at 9:38 PM

MelonCollie on February 8, 2013 at 9:34 PM

Then you and the leftist bungholes are pretty blind and stupid…as she’s of Filipino descent…I know Mud People all look alike to you, just trying to help you out.

JFKY on February 8, 2013 at 9:39 PM

JFKY on February 8, 2013 at 9:37 PM

You self-righteous liberal fool, “blood and fire” is already coming no matter what we do. The last two elections have guaranteed it, because if absolutely nothing else, the welfare classes will riot WHEN (not IF) the money runs out.

People like Honda simply want the blood and fire to be over and done with sooner instead of later, which is why he voted for Obama. I didn’t because I couldn’t bring myself to vote for an evil man, but frankly I would like things to hit the fan before I (and you) are too old and decrepit to do anything but sit and pray it goes well.

I could not possibly care less if I remained a private citizen (like you are) after all was said and done, so long as I remain a FREE citizen. I care nothing at all for accumulating power or wealth like a freaking DC politician.

MelonCollie on February 8, 2013 at 9:43 PM

JFKY on February 8, 2013 at 9:39 PM

Hey sh!tface – that’s what liberals call her.

I never have and never will call her that.

MelonCollie on February 8, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Rusty Allen on February 8, 2013 at 9:18 PM

HondaV65 on February 8, 2013 at 9:21 PM

I agree. The Establishment Republicans have supported opponents of the Conservative/Tea Party backed Candidates before. Now with Karl Rove’s new offensive, it will be worse.

bluefox on February 8, 2013 at 9:44 PM

bluefox on February 8, 2013 at 9:44 PM

And yet according to JFKY we are supposed to vote for these people no matter what…

MelonCollie on February 8, 2013 at 9:48 PM

See the juvenile nature of that…NO ONE SHOULD WANT “blood and fire”…only childish paint-by-numbers revolutionaries want “blood and fire”, so they can be, in Bowie’s words, “Heroes, for just one day.”

Hey sh!tface – that’s what liberals call her.

I never have and never will call her that.

MelonCollie on February 8, 2013 at 9:43 PM

Actually I’ve never seen a Leftist, bunghole or otherwise-and you may know more about bungholes than I-call her that. Most of them call her an “O-City Wh0re”, because at least they can get the races of people they dislike correct…..you can’t even lie decently.

JFKY on February 8, 2013 at 9:48 PM

MelonCollie on February 8, 2013 at 9:48 PM

Nice straw man, there..does he have a hooked nose so you can dislike him more and enjoy burning him all the better?

IF my choice is McCain/Romney or Obama…well then I choose McCain/Romney…now YOU may vote American Nazi or Constitution Party whomsoever you chose…heck in the case of Honda he voted for OBAMA…

JFKY on February 8, 2013 at 9:51 PM

And. We. Don’t. WANT it. But it is coming thanks to the American public deciding they wanted free stuff to the tune of trillions in debt.

Fiscal reality hits a lot harder than you do, and if absolutely no other thing goes wrong, the welfare money will run out.

Saw it on a comment once, not here obviously. I thought it was mainstream from the leftards…apparently not.

JFKY on February 8, 2013 at 9:48 PM

I said Michelle is a Hispanic and she is, drooling liberal.

MelonCollie on February 8, 2013 at 9:51 PM

What next? Protesting veterans’ funerals with Westboro Baptist?

Adjoran on February 8, 2013 at 9:18 PM

So, who appointed you the voice of the Tea Party? I am a Tea Party member and I certainly didn’t.

Rand Paul was strongly supported by the Tea Party in his Senate run against former Democrat Trey Grayson . Sarah Palin was among the first to endorse Rand Paul. Rand is far more conservative than Rubio.

bw222 on February 8, 2013 at 9:56 PM

I said Michelle is a Hispanic and she is, drooling liberal.

MelonCollie on February 8, 2013 at 9:51 PM

Really so Filipinos are “Hispanic” now are they, good to know…Honda is going to get the Main Camp Administration Post over you, because not only does he have a better revolutionary grasp, he can tell minorities apart better than you can…after all we have to keep our racial enemies clear and not confuse them right, mein freund?

JFKY on February 8, 2013 at 9:57 PM

What next? Protesting veterans’ funerals with Westboro Baptist?

Adjoran on February 8, 2013 at 9:18 PM

bw222 on February 8, 2013 at 9:56 PM

Ooo-psy! Try again, Adjoran!

MelonCollie on February 8, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Adjoran on February 8, 2013 at 9:18 PM

I’m just curious because I had seen this.

[Comment deleted, user banned. -- Ed]

Adjoran on November 30, 2012 at 12:30 PM

Of course at the time I thought it a fake, so I in turn did the same thing to demonstrate that it was in fact a fake. Of course I was going to say a comment or two later that it was indeed a fake. Mine that is. I forgot. The thread was old and I simply forgot to clarify what I was doing. It sent quite a wave through things around here. I dutifully explained. So, was yours a fake or were you reinstated? The thread is here.

Bmore on February 8, 2013 at 9:58 PM

Rand/West 2016

Schadenfreude on February 8, 2013 at 5:39 PM

While I normally agree with you, I think it’s a little to early to be nominating potential candidates.

However, I like Rand, but as I have said in other posts – I have had warm feeling about other Republican’s that have disappointed me greatly…a little to early for me.

It is obvious that Rand is going for it though…

ccrosby on February 8, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Well Goyish babies to roast, “special pastries” to be made and plots to knit together…
I bid you all Good Night…except Melon and Honda…I just wish dyspeptic nightmares of Mitt Romney being sworn in on you two….

JFKY on February 8, 2013 at 10:04 PM

bluefox on February 8, 2013 at 9:44 PM

MelonCollie on February 8, 2013 at 9:48 PM

LOL, whether that is true or not I don’t know. I would say I wish it were feasible to have the opportunity to vote against the RINOS!!

bluefox on February 8, 2013 at 10:05 PM

JFKY on February 8, 2013 at 10:04 PM

LOL. The Godwin-breaking troll wishes an impossible event on us. How cute.

I DON’T wish nightmares of the Democrat welfare hordes rampaging through your neighborhood while you hide crying under your bed. Because depending on where you live, that could easily happen.

MelonCollie on February 8, 2013 at 10:07 PM

Louisville Channel 11: Palin Endorses Rand Paul:

bw222 on February 8, 2013 at 10:10 PM

entagor on February 8, 2013 at 8:41 PM

Thoughtful answers to the various comments:-)

bluefox on February 8, 2013 at 10:11 PM

JFKY on February 8, 2013 at 10:04 PM

LOL And just think, some people think blogging is easy!
Takes a lot of energy when you’re totally engaged as it seems you have been.

Have a good night!

bluefox on February 8, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Adjoran on February 8, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Got it from the other thread. I’ll make the book keeping correction.

Bmore on February 8, 2013 at 10:22 PM

LOL And just think, some people think blogging is easy!
Takes a lot of energy when you’re totally engaged as it seems you have been.

bluefox on February 8, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Exactly. Being a regular liberal is easy. But after that display of weapons-grade stupidity and breaking Godwin’s Law, I’d be exhausted too.

MelonCollie on February 8, 2013 at 10:23 PM

What next? Protesting veterans’ funerals with Westboro Baptist?

Adjoran on February 8, 2013 at 9:18 PM

I do agree that many people did hijack various Tea Party movements and organized them under “their” particular umbrella. Now they want to speak for the “Tea Party”. Sadly many local T.P. groups did decide to join some of these organizations. I’ve read a lot about several and believe the Tea Party Express reflects more closely the goals of the movement.

So far Rand Paul has been the only one speaking out against some of these policies. Perhaps the Tea Party Express was the only one able to arrange his speaking. I don’t know the details.

It has been refreshing to hear someone from D.C. speaking out in support of T.P. & Conservative viewpoints tho.

bluefox on February 8, 2013 at 10:33 PM

I would’ve preferred Ted Cruz-but Rand’s a good choice too…especially since Cruz just got in.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 8, 2013 at 10:38 PM

I feel like a woman without a party, which, essentially, is what I am. I held my nose and voted for McCain in ’08; I held my nose and carried a barf bag and voted for Romney. I never thought I’d be saying this – but I will never do it again. If I had to vote today, I’d vote for Rand Paul. The one thing I will never do again is support a party that does not support what is good for our country.

MustLoveBlogs on February 8, 2013 at 6:11 PM

You are not alone! For years I have been voting for the squish,
mostly against the leftie guy, not terribly excited for our repub rino candidate. No more. And there are millions like us.

Amjean on February 8, 2013 at 10:42 PM

If we had a Conservative 3rd party, it would position the GOP as the Centrist party, which is really what they’ve become. The MSM would then have two political parties to demonize, which would make their bias even more obvious.

The Conservative party would have no fear of the MSM or the entertainment industry. They could get up in the front of the cameras and do things, like say, raking the MSM and Obama over the coals over the way they exploited a tragedy and libeled Sarah Palin and the Tea Party over Gabby Gifford’s shooting, something which not one single Republican had the balls to do.

The Conservative party could educate the American people about how much the Democrats have strayed from the ideals of the Founders, and the GOP has meekly gone along with this trend. They could make the case that public unions are an inherently immoral fleecing of the taxpayers, another thing that not one single Republican, not even Scott Walker, has the guts to say.

They wouldn’t have to win many elections. They’d just need to have their voices heard. The modern day GOP has become as docile as lab animals. And maybe they’d inspire people to see the GOP as the happy medium.

ardenenoch on February 8, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Amjean on February 8, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Unless they pass amnesty, I am NOT leaving the party. Change comes from within.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 8, 2013 at 10:47 PM

2016 field:

Rick Perry the social conservative
Marco Rubio the neoconservative
Paul Ryan the pragmatist
Rand Paul the neoliberal

It actually might be a pretty exciting and worthwhile primary compared to the disaster that was 2012. I’m with Rand for now.

Daemonocracy on February 8, 2013 at 10:57 PM

I love what Rand Paul says but there is a huge swath of the electorate that will stare at the poodle he wears on his head and not take him seriously. why can’t he just have a normal haircut.

phillysfinest on February 8, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Hillary?

ccrosby on February 8, 2013 at 10:58 PM

“Karl Rove and the Cotton Conservatives”

Modern Day Whigs and the rise of the Party of Lincoln and Reagan.

The Cotton Conservatives vs The Conscience Conservatives.

bluefox on February 8, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Michelle Obama spotted at Chicago Auto Show not handling her liquor very well.

Nutstuyu on February 8, 2013 at 11:23 PM

Palin/Cruze/Rand
2 out of 3… 2016

KOOLAID2 on February 8, 2013 at 11:31 PM

Can’t wait for Rubio’s first hug with Obama.

Rand and Palin – you pick the order.

Panther on February 8, 2013 at 11:34 PM

This is not a bad thing at all. So instead of one response to Obama we get two. So far Rubio and Rand Paul are the two who have stood out to me so far in terms of being potential leaders in the aftermath of election debacle. Now I have disagreements with both of them, or shall I say concerns about their views on other issues but both are light years ahead of the Romney or McCain in terms of conservatism and speaking ability. They both get the national debt must be fixed and our economy stinks.

I think a competition between them will be good and force both to improve their games. People better realize that we need Rubio and Rand Paul because the alternative is Chris Christie who is going to get the 100% of the true RINO vote. A lot of people are called RINOs who don’t really deserve it, but Christie is the authentic real deal RINO.

William Eaton on February 9, 2013 at 12:02 AM

Rusty Allen on February 8, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Baseless claims of bigotry is only considered a good argument by the mentally feeble left (which includes, of course, pretty much all of them).

besser tot als rot on February 9, 2013 at 12:17 AM

bluefox on February 8, 2013 at 9:03 PM

I assume you mean as nominees, because that ticket will go down like the Hindenburg.

besser tot als rot on February 9, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Rove’s project is seen here as nothing less than renewing the long ago battle over GOP principles between the moderate Ford/Bush Establishment GOP and Ronald Reagan.bluefox on February 8, 2013 at 11:20 PM

That article is exactly as I view it. All thru the primary season, I’ve been encouraging folks to forget voting “R” and start voting for their conscience and for those kids. Tilting at windmills? No, just evangelizing that the split will come sooner or later and citing the demise of the Whigs. The monks will always be here because the appeal to our baser nature – it’s harder being “good” and not want to enrich yourself on the backs of the ignorant and enslaved. Parties that fight in bold colors against predatory enablers rise and fall because it is easily infiltrated by conscience posers (rubio chrissy etc) and outright democrats in red like toner, castle, Bennett etc. I take heart that now more than ever more are awake and mad and determined that never again will cronyist misuse their votes like some cheap hookup just to get elected. The gig will be up. Just a matter of when. To whit, in Oklahoma even our two senators have gone DC native. The time for change is now. Goodbye rover and goodbye cotton GOP.

AH_C on February 9, 2013 at 12:24 AM

“He’s been inching away from the tea-party label since literally the moment he became a senator.”

So true.

They want the next Reagan. He wants to be the next McCain.

Ultimately, if you want the Reagan coalition, you have to give up on mass immigration and forced integration, because the implication of those policies is that eventually there will be no more white people. To be Reagan, you need the Reagan coalition. The Reagan coalition was predominantly white, and there is no other, equally conservative coalition on offer.

Or, if you want to be a hero to the mass immigration and amnesty crowd, including the cheap labor fiends at the Wall Street Journal, you need to accept that part of the price of “the browning of America” is that the American electorate will increasingly be made up of people whose culture is socialist.

The Tea Party isn’t about race, and it never was.

But the Democratic Party is, and it has successfully racialized American politics for electoral profit. So that’s the deal as it actually exists.

David Blue on February 9, 2013 at 2:20 AM

Panther on February 8, 2013 at 11:34 PM

Rand and Cruz.
I’ll pass on Palin.
Why pick a half-term governor when there’ll be full-term(terms) governors available in 2016.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 9, 2013 at 6:31 AM

Fair enough, I could easily vote for a Rand/Cruz ticket.

Panther on February 9, 2013 at 7:31 AM

Amjean on February 8, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Unless they pass amnesty, I am NOT leaving the party. Change comes from within.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 8, 2013 at 10:47 PM

Good for you. I used to think that way.

However, every four years I vote for the rino squish that the repub party goes all out to promote and make sure ends up our
choice.

After realizing that the rinos and lefties are really just two sides of the same coin, I have changed my mind.

After realizing that my business keeps leaking profit through
higher taxes and over regulation, I have changed my mind.

I will vote for a fiscal conservative only.

Amjean on February 9, 2013 at 8:54 AM

Rand and Cruz.
I’ll pass on Palin.

annoyinglittletwerp on February 9, 2013 at 6:31 AM

You always pass on Palin because you as my grandmother used
to say, when it comes to Palin “you have a bug up your a$$”.

Amjean on February 9, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Rand and Cruz.
I’ll pass on Palin.
annoyinglittletwerp on February 9, 2013 at 6:31 AM

You are a brave one. You publicly rejected Her. And you did it in the presence of Palin’s many cultists who frequent these parts. Now you will incur their wrath.

By the way, I am getting tired of this separate Tea Party stuff. I want to see a unified response to Obama and a unified Republican message going forward.

bluegill on February 9, 2013 at 9:39 AM